[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A setting pitch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: bio_gameboy.jpg (135KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
bio_gameboy.jpg
135KB, 1024x768px
Ok so I've got a setting/scenario pitch here. All I want is to know if you'd be interested in playing in the setting where this is happening.

"The keyboard in front of you is infected. If you were to pry those keys off and look carefully among the switches, you'd see the first growths in there. Thin pink threads braided around the base of each key, woven through plastic that seems to have been corroded. But those wisps of flesh and the vanished plastic are one in the same; the thing that got into your keyboard is tearing apart the neatly ordered hydrocarbon chains of dead plastic and creating the proteins of living cells. If you were to do something as foolish as touch those threads, they might react to you. They might raise themselves up like questing earthworm heads and brush your fingertips so gently you probably wouldn't feel it.

Your keyboard will keep working for a week or so more. The flesh in there is careful, like the larva of a parasitic wasp. It wants things to continue as normal until it is fully grown. But one day soon you'll press down on a key and the whole thing will collapse like an egg shell and reveal the rapidly pulsing organs underneath. The thing that was your keyboard, half formed and fetal, will slither out, leaving a trail of fluid behind it. It will search out the other things in your home that are infected. Tv, cds, computer monitor, plastic bottles, motor oil, action figures, anything plastic, anything with hydrocarbons to rip apart. The nascent flesh will pull themselves together, merging into something unknown and inhuman. Something alien."
>>
>>55082899

"You will live to see it of course. The infection burrowed into your flesh way back in the beginning, cutting into keratinocytes with protein drills and infiltrating your bloodstream. By the time your keyboard has revealed itself, you will have lost all fear of such things. Lost most of your emotions, in fact. You will watch the keyboard leave, thinking nothing for hours until you get hungry. You will keep yourself fed, to nurse the thing that is busily disassembling your neurons and every other cell in your body. By the time the other worldly creature born of your keyboard steps into the room, you will have no capacity left to understand it. You may look at it, if you have eyes left, but more than likely you will simply sit, motionless - the muscles of your limbs were scavenged days ago - on a dissolving chair.

The creature will not harm you. It will simply walk past you and out the door, into the street. There, it will join with the others of its kind emerging from other homes."
>>
Interesting monster, but where's the setting?
>>
>>55082899

It's a no from me. You started with a good idea but you put all your eggs in that basket without any thought to how any of it would result in a playable game. Really all you've got is a creepypasta and while the writing is good there's not much underneath it.
>>
>>55082969
>>55083094
The setting is that this shit is happening and you have to deal with it.

This was less the setting and more just the hook. The set up for the players would be as the outclassed human survivors along the fortified edge of the Hotzone, fighting back the constant push of the plague of flesh and its beasts while trying to keep the little american town they're part of from falling apart.

Its basically just a spin on the Zombie archetype.
>>
File: IMG_0675.jpg (81KB, 680x509px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0675.jpg
81KB, 680x509px
>>55082899
Nice try mate.

I'm on an iPad.
>>
>>55083252
I'm not even sure what to make of this.
>>
>>55082899
No.

Next time if you want more useful feedback than a bunch of upvotes and downvotes, avoid saying "all I want to know is you'd be interested in playing".
>>
>>55082899
What a dumb poll. What's the point of this? Shouldn't you control for genre preferences, etc?

If you're just trying to do market research for a commercial game you're making, this is not an effective way to do it.
>>
I roll to kill my keyboard.
>>
>>55082899
Without seeing mechanics or context, there's no way to know if this is worth my time or not.
>>
>>55083915
>poll
That's a good point. OP, why didn't you just make a poll for this?
>>
>>55082899
>By the time your keyboard has revealed itself, you will have lost all fear of such things. Lost most of your emotions, in fact. You will watch the keyboard leave, thinking nothing for hours until you get hungry. You will keep yourself fed, to nurse the thing that is busily disassembling your neurons and every other cell in your body. By the time the other worldly creature born of your keyboard steps into the room, you will have no capacity left to understand it. You may look at it, if you have eyes left, but more than likely you will simply sit, motionless - the muscles of your limbs were scavenged days ago - on a dissolving chair.
So, if we're human vegetables, what do we do in this game?
>>
>>55085277
See >>55083211.
>>
It's shit. Come up with a more fleshed out idea and some kind of mechanic behind it first.
>>
>>55083211
How can I deal with if it it's already eaten my brain?
>>
>>55082905

I hate to break it to you, OP, but that idea has been used and it's not really all that compelling imo. Read Plague of Swords by Miles Cameron. You've basically created a modified version of the Odine that form their own bodies rather than using other creatures.
>>
>>55083211
>Its basically just a spin on the Zombie archetype.
Seems simultaneously too lethal and too slow. You can't fight something that infects you at the lightest touch. For long, anyway.
And there's none of the "drama" of bites; the infected are unlikely to know they're infected in many situations, and in those they do they can still serve as shock-troopers until their brains are scrambled.
Basically you're going to want to tone down the lethality somewhat if you want the idea of any random piece of furniture bursting into alien biomass to have any chance to go even slightly okay for any given player.
As it is they walk past, say an infected gym locker, which bursts open all over them. Or even merely extends a feeler as they brush past.
It's all over, and they never really stood a chance. It's not a game at that point, just masturbation.
Write a book, maybe.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.