[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tired of D&D, looking for new games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Mfw.jpg (83KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
Mfw.jpg
83KB, 736x736px
Hey /tg/ long time lurker first time poster here. So after playing 3 years straight of 5e D&d I am pretty burnt out and tired of it to be honest. I am looking at new games to play with my group, I am open to suggestions. I'm hoping for things that don't involve generic fantasy settings. I've had my eye on a few
>Starwars edge of the empire, Black Crusade, Chronicles of Darkness, Call of Cthulhu

I am basically looking for a sales pitch about why I should play whatever game you guys might suggest. I'd really appreciate any advice you guys could give.
>>
Play World of Darkness
>>
>>55081961
which one New world of darkness, classic or chronicles?
>>
Cyberpunk. High lethality, completely different setting, tone and general feel. I recommend watching some cyberpunk media to inspire you. (Blade Runner, Robo Cop, Ghost in the Shell and Jin Roh: Wolf Brigade)
>>
>>55081926
Stars Without Number.
It's sci-fi, storytelling focused, spaceship combat is trash (but you can ignore that part of the game entirely)
>>
>>55082393
>>55082191

Thank you so much for suggestions!
>>
>>55081926
Classic Fantasy has the best battlemap based combat in a TTRPG and us based on old school D&D. It would be familiar but plays out nothing like 5e whatsoever.
>>
Black Crusade has always been my wet dream.

Just the idea of Chaos Space Marines teaming up with an Eldar Farseer to pull off a heist on Commoragh makes me giddy.
>>
>>55082062
Obviously classic.
Vampire the Masquerade, Mage the Ascension, Werewolf the Apocalypse.
If you wanna get weird, Wraitht the Oblivion and Changeling the Dreaming.
If you wanna get really weird, Demon the Fallen, Mummy the Ressurection, Hunter the Reckoning and Orpheus the We Forgot To Give It A Tagline.
>>
>>55081926
I also recommend a cyberpunk game, or Delta Green - which is basically modern day CoC.

Both have grim and highly lethal settings that will change from your average manichaean fantasy settings. In cyberpunk games you usually play a shrewd street operative (netrunner, street samurai, fixer...) that is payed to do someone else's dirty work. Expect a lot of backstabbing, paranoia and violence.

In Delta Green you play an operative (FBI field agent, Navy SEAL, IRS or EPA agent...) trying to keep mankind ignorant of what lurks around in the dark corners of our world... by all means - which will usually have negative effects on the character's sanity and relationships. Expect mystery, madness and death.
>>
>>55082062
nWoD is a simple game to wrap your head around but people who have been playing oWoD hate it because of changes to the lore in some supplements.

Chronicles is basically nWoD 2e, so all your nWoD shit will be compatible with it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.