[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At-43

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: At_43_Box.jpg (74KB, 306x200px) Image search: [Google]
At_43_Box.jpg
74KB, 306x200px
So....did this game have the potential to be on par with 40k?Its kinda heartbreaking that this game is dead, Noone seems to be making miniatures for it anymore.
>>
>>55075380
Nothing has potential to be on par with 40K because GW grows its fans in vats and releases them into the world to purchase its products.

In reality near monopoly of stores, messy lore that people pick and choose what they like from, sunk cost fallacy, and Stockholm syndrome ensure that GW will survive the treck into space. Also, a toxic fanbase that needs to validate itself by wrecking your stuff.

As for why I dunno. I think it's kinda too bland Factions. Its pre painted Minis idea was brilliant but sold at too large a scale for easy cash appeal I think.
>>
I played a demo game at Gencon way way back and it seems super simple, like entire squads made one shot and extra guys were just HP for the commander.

Minis are cool though.
>>
>>55075380
It had one good looking faction. Thats about the extent of its potential.
>>
>>55075544
>squad makes single shot and guys are just HP.
Huh, thats certainly an interesting take on tabletop wargaming. Thats actually a big part of how older games worked.
>>
File: as_therians.jpg (777KB, 1896x1387px) Image search: [Google]
as_therians.jpg
777KB, 1896x1387px
>>55075380
Rackham, the company which made AT-43, died badly and a lot of stuff like the moulds and masters were sold off cheaply or destroyed. Quite a few of their metal miniatures for the fantasy game Confontation survived in one form or another, but I don't know if anyone saved the plastic. I think CMoN might own the some of the rights now, but I don't think they've ever had any plans to do anything with it, mores the pity.

I have quite a lot of Rackham's stuff, and they're beautifully designed. The Therians and Kamans (50s inspired Space Apes) are the best, but I did also like the space Sovs in their clanky mechs and some of the other ranges. The plastic was pretty peculiar though, and the pre-paints were all over the place in terms of quality. From what I remember the rules were quite good, but they did suffer from translation errors a fair bit. It would have been nice to see how it would have gone had Rackham not had to rush it out the door as part of the last ditch effort to save themselves.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.