[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let us debate, /tg/, if you will.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (12KB, 192x263px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 192x263px
Following the collapse of contemporary civilization, by order of an epidemic apocalipse or similar event, society shatters and survivors are fated to roam a no man's land, trusting no one and struggling to survive, never again to form large groups. This is what most fiction tries to tell, as we relate to the selfish and darker side of humankind when desperate.

Except, is it really what would happen? It's in our nature to be selfish, indeed, but wasn't by working together that those civilizations we had today have formed? As if in a primal instinct that by working together, your chances to survive are greater?

It strikes me as kinda of foolish how most media reteling the old zombie apocalipse cliche always depicts humanity as uncapable of working together.

What do you think /tg/? Is it naive to expect cooperation in times of desperation? Or we, humans living in this age, would be so inclined to darker paths just by the vices and a way of living that have grow so different from when we started?

How the people in your setting would react?
>>
You're right, and you're also wrong. People will wind up allying together when they can, that's part of our nature. But it's also part of our nature to fuck over other people if we're given enough motivation or reason to do so. Different groups will form, and inevitably some groups are gonna try to fuck with other groups. It'll take time before someone is able to unify everybody, either through reason or with force.
>>
>>55065768

Indeed. I figured as much, since the same happened in the past as small groups formed and civilization was born. But with culture and information getting spread as fast as their are today thanks to the magic of the digital age, do you think history is doomed to repeat itself?

Also, how do you think different cultures react to such event?

We are kinda of used to see how major cultures would react (probably), but what about all this other places?

What impact does the event hold for nomads in the desert or indigenous tribes?

Any insight in similar cultures?
>>
>>55066066
The digital age certainly helps us, but in a scenario where we lose that? A lot of us aren't going to actually know that much. Why retain info when you can just look it up whenever you need it? A lot of people are going to be brought back to square one and need to rely on whatever their focuses were in life to get by. Libraries would be a great way to get things going again, but specifically trying to avoid the past? I don't think a lot of people are going to keep that in mind when Group A has more stuff than them and refuse to share.

I'm no expert on every culture, but I would love to see the difference between how the west would react as opposed to the east. A place like America is all about individualism, conflict is bound to arise when people decide they don't want to take someone else's shit. A place like China, however, while I'm sure would have plenty of conflict, is a lot more willing to take shit as long as it supposedly helps everyone out. Maybe less violent conflict, but people taking a whole lot more abuse.
>>
>>55065626
>It strikes me as kinda of foolish how most media reteling the old zombie apocalipse cliche always depicts humanity as uncapable of working together.

But every zombie apocalypse story that goes on long enough either has the living humans eventually remake society and regain mastery over the earth, or else everyone turns into a thinking zombie and lives happily ever after.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.