[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exalted table top game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 34

File: 1503389772787.gif (189KB, 800x624px) Image search: [Google]
1503389772787.gif
189KB, 800x624px
What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
https://www.dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms%20of%20the%20Chosen%20Preview.docx?dl=0
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
http://theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
http://theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
https://pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>Resources for Older Editions
https://pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
https://pastebin.com/d8erArwm
https://pastebin.com/fPSSNQZL
https://pastebin.com/2pPpjjv5
https://pastebin.com/fLRD51Hf
https://pastebin.com/VwCdMgCG
https://pastebin.com/RmUiuBKR
https://pastebin.com/MbTG7ZH6
https://pastebin.com/ccPnXHQz

Copy pasted from old thread.

Previous thread: http://boards.4chan.org/tg/thread/55003816a
>>
What's your favorite Infernals Caste?
>>
File: Revolver Options.png (556KB, 1574x550px) Image search: [Google]
Revolver Options.png
556KB, 1574x550px
Trying to make a guy that's got a revolver in 2e, killing bandits in the southern deserts. These are the only two I've found, and I'm not sure which I prefer more. Both seem to have a lot of flaws for not many advantages compared to a bow.
>>
>>55058948

Could you elaborate on what you mean?
>>
>>55058946
Megadeth Caste
>>
>>55060098
Who would make a Megadeath class? I'm thinking Isidros.
>>
>>55058948
If you're intent on the revolver-slinging aesthetic the plasma tongue repeater is literally your only option. I wouldn't really say it's a step down from the powerbow, it just requires a much more close up combat style. You'd need athletics and dodge charms. The ammunition thing should only be a pain if your ST makes it one. And the fuel bolt launcher kind of puts you back into 2.0's rocket tag situation.
>>
>>55059868
Well, a 3-dot bow with 3 str and made of Orichalcum is Speed 6, Acc +2, Damage 9L (with normal arrows), Rate 5, Range 400, costs 6 motes to attune, and has ammo so cheap it's - dots. The ammo can tailor its results, if you feel 7L with piercing is better, or if you just need to knock someone out. And it has Overwhelming 2 and a Hearthstone socket (not that those matter too much to me atm).

The Plasma Tongue Repeater has massively less range (and can't go past it), a bit better speed, one third the rate (making dealing with multiple weak enemies harder), needs Repair or goes to the same dot cost, and requires Occult 3 with two specialties to make the ammo for (or you can go to a metropolis and get 5 rounds for 3 resource dots, which is not really viable for the concept). It doesn't need any attuning, at least.

The Prayer Piece seems more comparable to the bow, with 1 better speed and damage, worse range but not cripplingly so like the PTR, and a bit lesser rate (as well as a kinda useful bonus against a few enemy types). But it costs 1 essence per shot, which is going to add up quickly. And while using lead for the ammo is fine and cheap, it takes 5 hours and a good craft/dex investment (as well as minimum 1 dot each in Lore and Language) to make one slug, so you need 25 hours of crafting to make a single reload.

>>55060271
>If you're intent on the revolver-slinging aesthetic the plasma tongue repeater is literally your only option.
How is it literally the only option? The Prayer Piece description seems to describe a revolver.
>>
File: 1453759607697.jpg (348KB, 1241x900px) Image search: [Google]
1453759607697.jpg
348KB, 1241x900px
I'm looking to make a small group of demon-blooded martial artists but.... Well I'm not really all that familiar with the Yozi and demons.

I could use some pointers in how this group should act.... And maybe what Yozi/Demon Circle they could be under? All I know is that I don't want to involve Kimbery or the Lintha, this group is from the west but I don't want them to be as.... terrible as the Lintha.
>>
>>55058946
>What's your favorite Infernals Caste?
Malefactor. Appearance bonus and access to the 'I'm a magical fucking genie, so make a wish' charm tree.
>>
>>55060368
>The Prayer Piece description seems to describe a revolver.
A Prayer Piece is an m1911. It uses an autoloading magazine.

It's also fucking garbage. Having to spend 1m in order to shoot your already-hard-to-make ammunition is shit. Having to Attune to it when the Plasma Tongue Repeater requires no attunement is horseshit, on top of all of the other restrictions.
>>
So I'm making a Full Moon Lunar in a 2.5e mixed exalt game, and I'm wondering what I should do as far as combat abilities go. I know I need MA for natural attacks, but Lunar Hero looks meh at best and default unarmed attack damage is absolute ass. Is there any way to make unarmed attacks not-ass? Besides Prismatic Arrangement and Violet Bier.
>>
>>55062113
Solar Hero Style.
>>
>>55062113
It's a Lunar, it's already shit by default man.
>>
>>55062182
I mean, SHS is good, but I don't think it has charms that raise the stats of unarmed attacks does it? Not before the Fists of Battle charms at least.
>>
>>55060368
Go for the Prayer Piece if you have a way to get reliable ammo for it. It's the only gun in Exalted that shoots actual bullets.
>>
>>55062113

Use native Dex/Str/Sta Charms, with Claws of the Silver Moon (pre-eratta, fuck the eratta for that). There, you'll do fine.
>>
What are people's thoughts on the Martial Artist merit and MA skill in third edition? It seems to me that gating MA styles behind and merit and requiring you to take a dedicated skill for them is a bit excessive. Currently, I intend to take out both the merit and skill and have MA styles work off the relevant skill (Melee for White Reaper, Archery for Righteous Devil, etc.). Would that make sense, or is there a good reason for the Martial Arts skill to exist?
>>
>>55063786
I agree with 100% of everything you just said. The devs had their own reasons for Martial Arts merit/skill to exist - they wanted it gated behind enough obstacles to keep MA from being too common/ubiquitous - but I think that's horseshit.
>>
>>55063973

That seems like something that doesn't need to be handled in the mechanics. In addition, the frequency of martial artists in Creation should, in my opinion, depend on the campaign. Sometimes you want a game where the supernatural martial arts are a rare thing restricted to master warriors and those who've devoted their lives to combat, and sometimes you want crazy super kung fu all over the place. I think that that should really be up to the people running and playing the game, not the writers.
>>
>>55064086
No shit, but Holdorke had some screwy ideas about how people needed to be led around by the dick, and it led to some idiotic balance decisions in what is otherwise the best edition to date.
>>
>>55064108

Yeah, there are going to be quite a few changes to be made before I'm comfortable running Exalted. I'll need to flatten out the experience costs as well (I much prefer flat NWoD-2-style experience) and fix the bonus point system in character creation once I've done that. I hate how Exalted keeps making character creation a winnable minigame.
>>
>>55063786

Martial Arts is honestly just really fiddly bullshit that calls back to an original design idea that being proficient in a martial art would give you something, even as a mortal. In that scenario, the merit would make sense as you are buying a shiny rather than simply getting access to the ability to buy charms.
>>
>>55061275
Gonna bump this question for interesting demons/yozi.
>>
>>55058946

Nadir caste
>>
>>55061275
demons aren't exactly the most attentive parents I'd be tempted to make it a crime syndicate rather than a Yozi cult
>>
>>55065071
I'm actually thinking of making them one of the rare sort of half-demons; the sort that can pass on their demonic blood to their kids.
So that makes them more noticeable to whatever Demon that spawned them, or demons they've interacted with then say.... your average half-demon.
>>
And I want to avoid stepping on the Lintha's role, as this demonic Martial Arts group is situated in the West.
>>
File: DBBreeding.png (625KB, 643x375px) Image search: [Google]
DBBreeding.png
625KB, 643x375px
Dragonblooded breeding camps when?
>>
>>55065729
"Oh wow, he has a cock!"
"I surely have never seen such a thing, let me act all surprised, too."
>>
>>55065746

They're paid quite well to act surprised. House Cathak's coffers run deep.
>>
>>55062113

Infernal monster is good for Lunars, I hear. Maybe look into White Reaper as well. Prismatic Arrangement is a SMA, thus off limits to Lunars.
>>
>>55065729

Didn't Ma-Ha-Suchi have one?
>>
>>55065828

I don't think so? I think he was breeding Beastmen. But obviously it would make sense to try to get DB heritage into your army.

Plus, you know, going full magical realm with a captured Realm general is pretty excellent.
>>
>>55065869

You're right he just kills them. "Ma-Ha-Suchi generally uses the throne room when he meets with other Lunars or when he wishes to oversee the ritual execution of intruders, especially Dragon-Blooded. He typically sends captured Realm soldiers to the Rutting Pens, but actual Terrestrial officers he slays outright. Ma-Ha-Suchi has no wish to sully the race he so carefully cultivated with the blood of the Dragons. Instead, he preserves the skulls of Terrestrial Exalts for use in communicating with his allies through the White Bone Emissary spell."

Ink Monkeys Ultimate Collection Page 128.
>>
>>55060271
>I wouldn't really say it's a step down from the powerbow, it just requires a much more close up combat style. You'd need athletics and dodge charms.
Forgot to ask about this earlier, but any particular charms you'd suggest? Still fairly new to the system and oh god the charms

>>55062012
>A Prayer Piece is an m1911. It uses an autoloading magazine.
I'm not seeing anything in that description that locks it to a magazine fed design.

>It's also fucking garbage. Having to spend 1m in order to shoot your already-hard-to-make ammunition is shit.
The 1m per shot is the main reason I'm not automatically going with it, because that really hurts, especially when trying to keep my anima banner under control. It'd make more sense if you had to spend motes to fire unmarked balls (burning the prayers onto it with force of will) or spend the time (and maybe some motes during crafting) doing the carving beforehand. Also would be nice if Gold ammo actually gave an advantage if you had bling to burn, those two axes (Essence vs craft time, cheap vs good) as ammo options would help it vs the bow (and make it less horrifically demanding)

>Having to Attune to it when the Plasma Tongue Repeater requires no attunement is horseshit, on top of all of the other restrictions.
The attuning I can get since it and the bow perform as well or better than the Plasma Tongue Repeater for most ranges. It being on top of the other restrictions (mainly the essence per shot) is silly, yeah. It's also odd that the description makes it sound like it's made of magical materials, but it doesn't really seem to get anything out of that. And similarly, that a Plasma Tongue can't be made out of them either.

>>55062344
If only it didn't cost essence to fire...
>>
>>55063786
What I do in my games is just remove the merit. Needing that in the first place is excessive. But I don't personally go as far as removing the specific Abilities - their charms have pretty distinct, specific themes whose flavors would be lost by integrating them with Melee, Brawl or Archery.

Some guy said the general gist of this in another thread, about combat charms:
Melee is all-around good, for generalists. Nothing out of this world, but well-rounded.
Brawl is extremely deadly, but not really good on defense. It's ideally best for 1-on-1 confrontations.
Archery is slow to get started but once you've built up enough momentum it tries to end the battle in one go.
Thrown is the opposite, it wants to attack as quickly as possible and end things before they spiral out of control.
The MA styles all have different powers that enforce their themes, too, you can get a good idea what they're like.

That's just my opinion, though, if you wanna remove the MAs as Abilities, go right ahead and nuke them. If I /was/ to do that, I'd also go ahead and heavily homebrew everything else too, make it all compact.
>>
>>55066676
>Melee is all-around good, for generalists. Nothing out of this world, but well-rounded.
Melee is good for crowd kills, counterattacks, parries, and clashes.

If Brawl is the offensive style, Archery is the late-battle style, and Thrown is the early-battle style, Melee is the defensive style.
>>
>>55066773
That's also a good way to put it.

Also, none of it really is noticeable with abilities alone, it comes out more in the charms. Which means, if you don't houserule away the MA merit, mortal practitioners don't really gain anything out of MAs compared to just taking Melee or Brawl. You're paying a lot to buy an Ability that can only be used in much more limited ways.
>>
File: LaughingPuppets.gif (1006KB, 247x185px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingPuppets.gif
1006KB, 247x185px
>>55065729
>>55065746
>>55065796
>calls himself an Exalt
>has a dick so small he has to pay people to act surprised
>>
>>55065982

Which is why Ma-Ha-Suchi is doomed to failure due to his irrationality. Clearly DB breeding camps are the best way to ensure the strength of your people.
>>
>>55065869
>Plus, you know, going full magical realm with a captured Realm general is pretty excellent.
New idea for my next game acquired.
>>
File: BustyWitch6.png (934KB, 639x909px) Image search: [Google]
BustyWitch6.png
934KB, 639x909px
>>55067258
>Clearly DB breeding camps are the best way to ensure the strength of your people

So how do you handle people with DB blood in them due to family, Exalting as other things? Can they still pass on the blood?
>>
>>55068888
Pretty sure they can.
>>
>>55068888

Yeah, just like anybody else with a bit of dragon blood in them.
>>
>>55062113
Go Hunt a Kraken or a Giant Spider or something, then pop spider and octopus barage while you're in war farm and have 4 - 16 extra arms.

But to answer your question. No. But not for the reasons you think. What you can do is just fine against mortals, enlightened mortals, beastmen, garden variety undead, and cannon fodder fair folk.

Behemoths are there for you guys to seek out one shot artifacts or to engage with entire armies of tiger warriors alongside you.

Everything else, you're not ever supposed to fight. With the expeption of Spirits, anything that has charms is going to fall into the lame ass tickle each other until one moron tries to use a charm because OHK is stupidly easy for anyone to build so everyone just has to squat their perfect lest they get OHK'd.

And of course Holden has some sort of bug up his ass about something and stalling, either that or the he's deathly alergic to the concept of deadlines. FFS, third ed was supposed to be on shelves YEARS ago. If he was able to deliver product on a proper schedule we'd already be getting the Fourth Ed mainbook by now.
>>
>>55068888
at 4 Essence a Celestial Exalt starts producing Half-Caste. I had a well bred Dynast char who went Solar and we played it as he could produce DB's until he started making Half-Caste.
>>
File: 1431019457197.jpg (130KB, 700x555px) Image search: [Google]
1431019457197.jpg
130KB, 700x555px
>>55062113
>>
>>55069290

You can produce both at that point.
>>
>>55069316
They can make DB Half-Castes
>>
>>55064108

Isn't he also the guy who decided "Holden em down" was a good theme for ghost charms?
>>
>>55069290
They're not called Half-Castes anymore, because apparently that's a derogatory term IRL.

What were called Lunar half-castes are now called Moontouched. Presumably Solar half-castes are going to be called Suntouched.

Dragonbloods don't produce them; either you inherit the blessing of the Dragons from your parents, or you don't.
>>
>>55069546
Sunblessed

Can't have them sharing a name with silly peasant Lunars
>>
>>55069251

The whole team is kind of worthless that way. More interested in forcing their politics into everything than actually producing a good game.
>>
File: All The Cakes.png (792KB, 925x609px) Image search: [Google]
All The Cakes.png
792KB, 925x609px
>>
File: gilgamesh.jpg (548KB, 528x1416px) Image search: [Google]
gilgamesh.jpg
548KB, 528x1416px
>>
>>55069579
Exalted is kinda conceptually worthless that way.
>>
File: rance11.jpg (21KB, 186x212px) Image search: [Google]
rance11.jpg
21KB, 186x212px
How is rape treated in Creation?
>>
>>55069810
Worse than murder
>>
Would Dexterity (Catching things thrown at him) be a valid Specialty?
Or would that be Athletics?
Oh right, Attribute Specialties will probably be a Lunar thing?
>>
>>55069679
Whats this about?
>>
>>55069969
A picture of Enkidu and Gilgamesh.
Actual picture above, Fate-ified picture below
>>
Could a host of Sessaljae heal Autochthon?
>>
>>55070379
No they'd end up corrupted for the attempt and everything would be worse for everyone
>>
>>55070379
>>55070414
They could do... something. BoS Vol.5 p.86, says:

>The stomach bottle bugs sometimes discover veins of corruption
>that sicken the Yozis, and thousands perish
>only to have their tainted corpses devoured by their
>kin. New sesseljae are born from the poisoned waste
>until it is entirely consumed.

The problem hinges upon the ST. Do they accept the sickness that affects Autochthon as being similar enough to that of the Yozi, or is it something wholly unique to Autochthon.

Without his sickness poisoning him, would Autochthon be Autochthon?
>>
>>55069961
Why would you want that specialty? Take something that'll actually come up.
>>
>>55069655
I'll bite. What CGI BS is this shit?
>>
File: 1470346093142.png (774KB, 1068x688px) Image search: [Google]
1470346093142.png
774KB, 1068x688px
>>55070656
It's from the first run of the Ex3 book
>>
>>55070561
>Without his sickness poisoning him, would Autochthon be Autochthon?
No. It's born from his aspect of defying aspects and limits.
>>
>>55070709
There you go then. Introducing bottle-bugs, even if successful, would fuck still fuck Autothon.

Though how they'd interact w/ the Gremlin Sickness is something I want to talk about. My personal thought is that they will eat any gremlin-infected flesh, down to the entire person, then become a filth-spewing gremlin themselves. Then other bugs would eat them and the cycle spins ad infinitum.

>>55070667
Fuck, I've got that PDF.

Honestly, Onyx shot themselves when they upgraded the art because they set a new, higher, standard for how good Exalted illustrations look like. And I fucking doubt they will be able to keep to that standard.
>>
>>55070735
While I haven't seen 1e art, I prefer 2e to 3e art.
>>
File: 1431721811694.jpg (220KB, 330x900px) Image search: [Google]
1431721811694.jpg
220KB, 330x900px
>>55069655
>>55070667
Completely insane
>>
Do the Exalted still learn Old Realm instinctively after they Exalt?
Or was that just the Alchemical?
>>
>>55070843
>Do the Exalted still learn Old Realm instinctively after they Exalt?

No, they never did for Celestials
>>
>>55070843
I think that's just meta humour since Old Realm is very useful despite being a dead language among humans.
>>
>>55069546
would half-lunars be beastmen or full human?
>>
>>55070838
Wait, you're telling me those two crayon drawn shitpiles are supposed to be Ariana and...shit. Which one is that again? "Yade, you wound me. S'okay, I wound you too."
>>
File: Yade.jpg (683KB, 1800x1158px) Image search: [Google]
Yade.jpg
683KB, 1800x1158px
>>55070970
I dunno if it's them or just a Lunar/Solar lesbian couple, but the three pics are of the same two people
>>
>>55070627
Because specialties are for fun and flavor. Sometimes you just NEED three dots of shit like pimp slap, absurd stunts, while drunk, From the Lotus Position, and Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness
>>
>>55070970
its a callback to the Solar baker and the Lunar who ate all her cakes in Masters of Jade. Cute, but it didn't need a callback.
>>
>>55070960
There are no "half-Lunars" or "half-Castes" in general anymore, thank Autochthon.
>>
>>55070988
God. Those two from the third ed book look like the shit you see on the free to browse sections of 3d modeler porn sites. Like the "artist" just installed Poser and has no idea how the sliders work...
>>
>>55070667

Does anyone think the art in this one is decent?
>>
>>55069992

Whats the point about the image here though?
>>
>>55071125
>pictures need a point in /exg/
>>
>>55071125
Zenith and his Lunar mate
>>
Can you make a mortal into a Dragonblooded with Solar 3 Sorcerous Working?
>>
>>55070960

in previous editions it depended on what form they screwed in.
>>
>>55071029
No, you don't.
>>
>>55071170
Why do you hate fun?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170822-204835.png (481KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170822-204835.png
481KB, 1080x1920px
Is there a God of Sorcery?
>>
>>55071220
no
>>
>>55071147
From all the fluff I've seen such a thing is beyond even Solar Circle Sorcery. The Celesital exaltations were made by Autocthon and imprinted with power from the Incarnea, whereas the First generation Terrestrial Exaltations were created by Gia, passed off the the first gen DB's who then had mind numbing orgies and made babies who had mind numbing orgies to make more babies and so on and so forth while the Incarnea trained the Celestial Exalts on how to be Exalts. DB's were just foot soldiers with enough essence to attune decent weapons and a few teamwork charms. Gotta get that Might ratting up.
>>
>>55071246
Okay, doing some half-assed fuckery research.

Confirm or Deny: Shifting a DB's souls from one body to another (human, non-exalted) body will give that second body the DB's exaltation?
>>
>>55071277
Depends on ST, I'd say they have to reawaken it.
>>
>>55067258
Up until, you know, the Empress returns and uses the Dynasty keyword to crack your indoctrination, and then none-too-subtly remind them that they are the result of you raping their parents...

... Oh, and that together they're stronger than you. Too bad you taught them that Might Equals Right, eh?
>>
>>55071328
Ok. The transfer of DB exaltation is possible through [Soul Seal] {White Treatise p.96}. Though it will require Solar Fuckeryâ„¢ to trick the DB soul into thinking it's the mortal's soul.
But pretty sure there's some of that shit that fucks a ghost's memories that could apply to a soul.

Confirm or Deny: There exists a possibility through this method to "Terrestrial Exalt" a mortal, allowing for ST fiat, of course?
>>
File: 1442186317571.jpg (577KB, 1260x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1442186317571.jpg
577KB, 1260x1920px
>>55069812
Why so? its just a surprise sex :)
>>
>>55071387
virgin
>>
>>55071382
Well, that sounds like it would work. However I see two big problems with this, one obvious in char and one not.

The first is that you would still need an exalted DB to start with. You're not making one from scratch so much as putting a differnt pilot into a fighter jet, so to speak. That's the obvious in character.

The not so obvious one is that the body would still be that DB, so I'd say that Dynasty charms, which also work through the blood, would still apply to your newly minted terrestrial.

Aditionally, if I were GMing, I'd make the new DB have to relearn all charms and raise his essence from 1 again. That's shit he, as a mortal would have no basis for understanding, unless of course you also enlightened the mortal before hand.
>>
Can a beastman reproduce with a human, and if so, what is the result?
>>
>>55072043
Sure, a bit beastman I guess
>>
File: ThatsGay.png (144KB, 495x295px) Image search: [Google]
ThatsGay.png
144KB, 495x295px
>>55069546
>They're not called Half-Castes anymore, because apparently that's a derogatory term IRL

Of all the retarded shit...Which kind of tumblerina bullshit is responsible for this?
>>
>>55070735
>Honestly, Onyx shot themselves when they upgraded the art because they set a new, higher, standard for how good Exalted illustrations look like

Are you fucking blind? Most of the art is hideous in 3E. Thats the one place where it was a significant downgrade. 2E and 1E had much better art. Still, I can provide my own good art, I'd rather have 3E's decent rules and shit art than 2E's shit rules and decent art.
>>
File: EarthAspect4.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
EarthAspect4.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
>>55071277

100% no. A DB's ability to Exalt is entirely genetics. Thats why whether they Exalt or not is literally tied to a d10 roll. It either happens or it doesn't, through no action or inaction of the person, it's not like other Exaltions. You shunt their soul out of their body, the body is still an Exalt, the soul isn't.

The other Exalt types however, have a shard permabonded to their soul until death, so if you could do it to them, you'd have a body swapping Exalt effectively, I suppose.
>>
>>55072527
ok retard, how do they have half a caste?
>>
I think they should try and own that racism, the children of Half-Caste could be called Quadroons and Beastmen can be Coonfolk.
>>
>>55072527
In English it's a pretty offensive term for mixed race people in Australia. Its got some bad history for it with shit like the Half-Caste Act where they would take Aborigines kids away and have them grow up as domestic servants. The context they were using it in was different but it's an actual insult.
>>
>>55072554
I think this is a pure difference of aesthetics. I prefer the 3E art that looks like watercolors.

Though, in hindsight, I am probably spoiled by how the 3E art is in color compared to the 2E art. And yes, there is quite a bit of derp BS in the 3E art that you can remember that I cannot.

>>55072601
>body swapping Exalt
Since the Soul Steal thing says that the transferred soul is a passenger in the new body (unless the soul occupying the new body is kaput, somehow) could this be the beginning of a character Concept?
>>
What if Shards are just simulations Autochthon set up to simulate what-ifs and left running when he fucked off.
Then problems happened and simulation people started getting out of them, and are now living in his old workshop
>>
>>55074378
I prefer to think of alternate worlds to Creation than just having them set w/in Creation.

i.e. Trying to hammer out this shit that I've got in my head that allows Abyssals alone to Exalt.

If I ever get it done I'll throw a splat up here.
>>
Are the ruins of Meru still there?
>>
>>55075359
Maybe?
I think Chejop visits them sometimes to think.
Or was that just the mountaintop?
>>
>>55075359
yes
>>
>>55073056
That doesn't matter to people who complain about slurs being acknowledged. They only pretend to care about whether they're established or not to add false validity to their rage; what they really hate is people acknowledging the entire concept of racial slurs.
>>
>>55076594
It's entirely possible that he, like I, just didn't realize it was actually a serious slur because he's from the US/UK, where that term sees 0 use and doesn't sound like a big insult. Calm your tits.
>>
>>55076594
>>55076914
>Transformers fan
>since forever there has been a guy named Slag
>because he is a big, fire breathing triceratops that turns his opponents to-you guessed it-slag by melting them
>Hasbro refuses to call him Slag anymore because fucking brits or some shit off in their little island complained that slag is a slur of some sort, who the fuck knows or case
>now they fucking call him Slug because of this garbage

Other countries need to stop ruining US naming schemes. Fuckers. Just keep the names as is, and change it for the country thats offended by it, we don't need to be policed by other countries with their language issues, we have enough of our own already.
>>
Half-caste is a retarded name anyway. You're not half of a caste, that doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>55071387

I'm really weirded out that they didn't go with this for Abyssal inspiration.
>>
>>55077212
Which is why they probably changed it to Sun/Moon/Whatever-Blessed.

The only way I could see it as a thing is if you took the flaw that gave you the same caste mark as your exalted parent.
>>
>>55072601

I'd think that a Terrestrial Exalt's Exaltation would follow their soul. Yes, their ability to Exalt is based off of genetics... but they're already Exalted. New body is Exalted all the same. And the mortal soul in the DB's old body? SOL, since the body is probably older than 20 and can't Exalt.
>>
>>55077333

The difference here is the powers I feel should be tied to their body. Celestials are specifically, markedly different, their power is all hinged directly into the soul.

Honestly though, all this really means is it might be possible to body snatch a DB and get some use out of it if a mortal somehow got the ability to body snatch.
>>
>>55077365

>The difference here is the powers I feel should be tied to their body.

I don't. The power is more sublime than that. Otherwise the Primordials would have done that to Terrestrials during the Primordial War, replaced their souls with, like, Lintha souls or something.
>>
>>55077407

Primordials doing things sensibly is horribly at odds with them anyway. They're giant, uncaring things. Assuming thats even possible for them to do anyway.
>>
>>55077365

From the 2e Core, and I don't think it's been superseded by anything in 3e:

>The Exaltation is imperishable and inseparable. No known process can sunder the bond between soul and Exaltation in either Terrestrial or Celestial Exalted. In addition, the Exaltation is protective. As godly beings and creatures of magic, the Exalted suffer lesser or no effect from many magical powers.

So there is emphatically a bond between soul and Exaltation in even the Terrestrial Exalted.
>>
>>55077277
With rape or with Kali?
One of their new charms, essentially a gothic ghost-rape, caused a bitchfest on rpg.net.
>>
Is there a place in creation that is highly reminiscent of India? Or clearly is India?
>>
>>55077603

With Kali. Her origin myth is an interesting one in terms of what the Abyssals bring to the table with the other Exalted.

I'm not surprised, though - rpg.net is cancer, though that crop of Exalted writers is all in support of the cancer.
>>
>>55077637

India's a big place. There are parts of Creation that are reminiscent of parts of India.
>>
>>55077660
Wasn't Kali just some sort of embodiment of a goddess' anger or something?
Like I think I recall a story where she springs fully formed from one goddesses' head and fights off a bunch of demons for her
>>
Can someone help me remember what the name of the martial arts was that used a whip or direchain as the favored weapon, pretty sure it was 2.5e
>>
>>55077168
I'll admit I get annoyed at people who get ruffled at Americans using "spastic" to mean somebody who's twitchy and high-strung, because that's what it fucking means on that side of the pond. It only means "mentally retarded" over here.
>>
>>55077916
You mean laughing wounds style, aka BDSM style?
>>
>>55077978
That was definitely it, thanks. I'm introducing my cousin to the game, and I wanted to show him some of the more ridiculous stuff the material had to offer.
>>
>>55078020
and you want to show your cousin that?

you're weird.
>>
>>55065164
Do these Demon-Blooded have to share the same ancestry, or can they just be a bunch of children of various demons who have banded together in order to survive in a world that doesn't really like them? Could you tell us a bit more about the intended role of these Demon-Blooded?
>>
File: 1492326609595.jpg (2MB, 1598x935px) Image search: [Google]
1492326609595.jpg
2MB, 1598x935px
>>55077778
There's one myth where she springs fully formed from Durga's forehead (Durga is herself a pretty fucking badass goddess) to defend her from demons. That's probably what you're think of.

There are other myths, though, and I don't think she's usually regarded as anything other than a goddess in her own right.
>>
>>55078153
My favorite is the one where she starts to destroy the world and Shiva pretends to be a little baby to get her to stop.
>>
>>55077738
Undoubtedly.
So what place in creation strikes you as being India-esque?
>>
>>55079507

An-Teng, iirc, has a very strict caste system, so it's got that going on.
>>
>>55079507
Isn't Prasat kind of Indian?
>>
>>55079619
It's pretty India-like, yeah--right down to having an analog to the varna system and actual jatis.
>>
>>55078135
Kind of?
Like I said they're the rare sort that can pass down the demonic-taint from parent to child; so they all have the same demonic parent in a way.

And as for the role I'm not sure. I know that I don't want them to be criminals or evil, at least not like the Lintha. I suppose first and foremost they're martial artists and secondary anything else.
>>
File: Wojack in bed.jpg (45KB, 315x308px) Image search: [Google]
Wojack in bed.jpg
45KB, 315x308px
>>55065746
>tfw little dragon
>tfw you have to pay off the courtesans to look surprised
>tfw no air-caste waifu
>>
>>55058224
Isn't there a DB preview missing from the OP? I remember them discussing elementally-divided capstone charms.
>>
>Prospectors flocked to the Galtas to claim veins of silver, gems, and gold; firedust deposits; and nodules of crystallized smoke.

The fuck can you do with crystallized smoke?
>>
>>55083065
Okay, here it is: Signature Charms. Add it to the next OP.

http://theonyxpath.com/signature-charms-dragon-blooded-pt-3-exalted/
>>
>>55077603
Can't forget Celestial Bliss Trick
>>
>>55083234

Did that get removed in 3e?

The writers always had an amazing amount of favoritism for Sidereals. Was one of the things that turned me off the setting.
>>
>>55083418
>Sidereals
>Hated unviersally by all gods
>Even when it doesn't make sense for gods to hate them
>Basically banned from doing their job properly
>Get casually slaughtered in ROTSE
>Have a shitty charmlist that needed errata on everything
>Can't even make new charms
>Favoritism
>>
>>55083089
>Howdy folks!
>This here is Bogo's Prank Emprium!
>Now I have a special item for ya'll today:
>Crystal Smoke!
>Now lemme demonstrate this wonderful little material.
>First, you gotta drop your pants.
>Now, insert your crystal smoke way way WAY up where God dare not stare!
>This stuff'll melt in abo-
>hey where're you going?
>I'm giving you a LIVE DEMONSTRATION here!
>Oh.
>Oh fuck,
>guards,
>I can't go back!
>You never saw me!
>I RUN A LEGITIMATE BUSI-
>OH!
>Get these cuffs offa me!
>I never touched her!
>The bag isn't mine!
>You haven't seen the last of Bogo!
>>
>>55083418
From the core

Celestial Bliss Trick
Cost: 3m, 1wp; Mins: Performance 4, Essence 1
Type: Simple Keywords: Mute Duration: Instant Prerequisite Charms: Thousand Courtesan Ways
The Exalt performs the body-mudra of sighs and whispers upon a lover, unleashing a torrent of unimaginable ecstasy. This intense lovemaking lasts at least three minutes, inducing a world-shaking climax in her partner.
In the afterglow, the Exalt becomes the object of a temporary Defining Tie of lust that lasts for (Essence) weeks, and gains (Essence) automatic successes to social influence actions targeting her lover for the rest of the scene.
>>
>>55083459

>Panopticon
>Their bosses are down with them murdering basically any of the Exalt types
>Access to cheaty high-essence charms
>Astrology lets you ruin other Exalts' lives, or anyone who pisses you off, from Heaven at no risk.
>>
File: 1479617673800.jpg (26KB, 274x321px) Image search: [Google]
1479617673800.jpg
26KB, 274x321px
>>55083553
Rrrrrrape
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>55083568
>Their bosses are down with them murdering basically any of the Exalt types
>As opposed to all those factions whose bosses aren't down with people murdering other types of Exalts
>Sidereal Charms stop at around essence 5 and aren't even that good
>Didn't even get a perfect defense until Errata
>Astrology lets you ruin other Exalts' lives, or anyone who pisses you off, from Heaven at no risk.
>Need to physically touch people to transfer the destiny
>>
>>55083674

You don't have to touch people to deliver the one that ruins your social life.

They don't have to answer to any of the other bosses.

And those cheaty high essence charms are MA.
>>
>>55083712
And which one is that?

And yes, that is correct. Neither do Abyssals have to answer to any bosses but the Deathlords, or the Lunars any other bosses but the Silver Pact, or the Infernals to any other bosses but the Yozi.

All of these faction leaders who are for the most part, fine with killing other types of Exalted. This is typically because most other Exalted are fine with killing them first.

And nobody is going to deny that Obsidian Shards of Infinity style was bullshit, but at the end of the day, Solars can learn that shit too, and that whole book was a slew of bad ideas.

Not to mention, at no point did the writers simplify and drain the flavor out of an entire splats charmset simplified so that Sidereals could steal their charms without compromising their own thematics.
>>
>>55083589

I never got that though. Those charms don't work if it's actual rape.
>>
>>55084575
That one does. It basically turns you into Rance so that you can ahegao mindbreak people by sleeping with them. There was a big flame war on Sufficient Velocity about it.

The devs just shrugged and basically said "If you're going to use the charm to buff your rape skills, it's not the charm that's the problem, it's you".
>>
Speaking of sidereal martial arts, how come infernals can't learn them?
>>
>>55084662
no Fate
>>
>>55084638
>"If you're going to use the charm to buff your rape skills, it's not the charm that's the problem, it's you."

I mean. They're not wrong.
>>
>>55084730
>write a rape charm
>blame players when they use it for rape

shitlords, every one of them
>>
>>55071220
CUTE
>>
>>55084752
I could go into what's wrong with this post, but I am pretty sure you already know and are just trying to stir the pot on a conversation we've had twenty times now.
>>
>>55084752
stfu notautomaton
>>
>>55084818
Mnemon for God of Sorcery
>>
File: Everyone Was Harmed.gif (2MB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
Everyone Was Harmed.gif
2MB, 500x370px
>>55085308
>God of Sorcery
>>
>>55083568
Last I checked DotFA was very much a thing.
>>
What Strength do you need to wield a Jade Daiklave without attuning yourself to it?
>>
>>55085374
You can't
>>
>>55085353

It was errated pretty heavily. SMA was meant to be game-breakingly powerful, though. And a toy controlled by the Sidereals. I dunno why - in the original Exalted brief the Sidereals were supposed to be subtle sorcery-focused viziers. Then Martial Arts caught everyone's attention, and what's her name decided to give Sidereals infinity + 1 Martial Arts and make the powers super broken.
>>
File: 1498465144098.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1498465144098.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>55085313
>>
>>55085308

She's Exalted, no mere *god*....
>>
>>55085374
3 or 4
>>
>>55085374
You don't need a Strength score, you'll just take a penalty to hit regardless of your Strength score. Read the section about artifact weapons in the 3e corebook.
>>
>>55083568
Sidereals are more accountable for their actions than any other kind of Exalt, though, or at least any other kind of Celestial Exalt. They aactually have to report to their superiors, and there will be genuine and meaningful repercussions if they break the rules. Meanwhile Solars and Lunars can just do whatever.
>>
File: Lawyer Sid.png (390KB, 593x517px) Image search: [Google]
Lawyer Sid.png
390KB, 593x517px
>>55085539
indeed
>>
>>55085539

I didn't say they weren't accountable, but the problem is that you have to stretch sometimes to think of why beginning PCs aren't just murdered by Sidereal hit squads. Sidereals, as conceived in their first manual, took a giant shit on the setting up to that point.

The 2e manual was written by incompetents, tis true.
>>
>>55058948
Plasma tongue repeater or one of those flame guns

There's even a fucking martial art for it that lets you have high noon showdowns called Righteous Devil
>>
>>55085380
The people who wrote the SMA in Scroll of the Monk did the high essence Solar charmset.

It was a bad ideology towards high essence rather than a desire to give Sidereals specifically an edge.
>>
>>55085578

I disagree. With the exception of Zeal, the Sidereal charms were head-and-shoulders better.
>>
>>55085561
>I didn't say they weren't accountable, but the problem is that you have to stretch sometimes to think of why beginning PCs aren't just murdered by Sidereal hit squads.
There are fewer Sidereals than Solars. There are fewer Sidereals than Lunars. Not all Sidereals are in Bronze Faction, and many of those who are in Bronze Faction just want the support of the dominant faction without being really sold on the importance of exterminating Solars. All Sidereals, no matter their faction or attitutde toward the returning Solars, have things aside from exterminating other Exalted to do. These things are their actual job, and failing to do that job will lead to the aforementioned repercussions. So no, you really don't have to stretch to think of reasons for beginning PCs to not be murdered by Sidereals.
>>
>>55065869
>>55065729
>>55068888
>>55070667
>>55070838
>>55071387
>>55083553
every time I come here I gain new fetishes.

Is there a charm that could be causing this?
>>
>>55085595

Their superiors (i.e. Kejak) care much more about killing Solars than doing their "job."
>>
>>55085653

I have always been under the impression that well he is resolute, modern Kejak is weary and may have lost sight of his own creation. The Contagion, the Realm, all of it gradually whittling down on what amounts to a sad old man.
>>
>>55085593
Zeal was so nuts that people straight up forgot what else was there like an indefinite length perfect dodge
>>
I think that UCS should be a bit like in Glories of the Most High - he believes in humanity. Deeply, on a fundamental level. He believes humanity can do great things, and that's why when the Exalted started ruining the 1st Age for everyone he turned his face from Creation - he was angered, and broken-hearted, and didn't want to have anything else to do with his Exalted, who he saw as traitors of the worst caliber - because he didn't, perhaps couldn't, understand the Great Curse. He saw the Solars mad with power, and the Lunars doing nothing, the Sidereals planning a revolt that by definition would have aimed for the safest and least ambitious version of "saving Creation", thereby condemning it in his eyes, and the DBs ready to overthrow their betters, his daughters and sons, to murder them all, to betray them as they were betraying him. And he couldn't stand it, couldn't bear to watch as his most cherished champions, the flower of humanity, destroyed themselves and Creation along with them. And he raged, and he cried, and in the end he just went to play the Games, because he didn't care anymore, he couldn't care, it would have been too painful.
>>
>>55085814
Then, with time, after listening to Luna, and allowing himself to hear even a hint of the prayers flooding up to him, he slowly decided to have a look at what was happening. He didn't want to - he was afraid, and wounded, and had found that playing the Games allowed him to sometimes forget his enormous disappointment with humanity, which had so much potential and had squandered it all because of hubris and wanting to play it safe and a thirst for power. The Dragon Kings had never fallen from such high regard - he loved them, and they were almost exterminated while doing his will, and he grieved their diminishment, but was proud of them. Humanity had made him bitter and vulnerable - how much would a perfect god, a god of war, the King of Heaven, despise himself for what he had allowed his love to do to him?

But he cautiously, very cautiously, took a glimpse at Creation.
>>
>>55085787
Unassailable Aegis of Dual Armament was nuts too, scene-length charm that says only unblockable attacks can hit you and of course you'd have HGD ready for those.
>>
>>55085823

And before him lay a different world, a world much diminished, perhaps incorregibly so, perhaps too far gone, perhaps right on the edge of oblivion, but it was wonderful. He saw the empires of humanity, like cruel constellations of jewels, and the resilience of the poor and the downtrodden, and their gestures of piety, and the beautiful cities in all their many-faceted, varied glory and their inevitable, always overwhelming misery, and the numberless civilizations, and the dreams of the righteous and of the brilliant - a world that refused dying, a world that fought with all that it was to not fade forever into obscurity and death.

He heard the desperate prayers for deliverance, for justice, for salvation, he saw the bravery of soldiers fighting for their lives and their savagery while sacking and conquering, the acumen and calculated callousness of the military strategists, the heart-breaking beauty of the music and poetry arising from a wounded world, the still impossibly powerful bond of love between individuals, in its savage, pure, undiluted passion, and the warm affection among siblings, and the fierce protectiveness of mothers and fathers for their children - and even all the way this love turned to resentment, and jealousy, and even murderous hate.
>>
>>55085829

And he saw the Fair Folk threatening Creation now more than ever, the terrible things they did to mortals, as Luna had told him, and the expanding shadowlands leeching color and vitality from the fields and the woods and the sky and turning them into something alien to him, sometimes darkly beautiful but always deadly and inimical to humanity, and the Terrestrial Exalted ruling with an iron fist, but even them rudderless without their Empress, and turning against each other in the first movements of a ruinous dance that would destroy them all. He saw cults dedicated to the Yozi, those enemies he had moved Heaven and Earth to defy and overthrow, and he saw gods who profited from the chaos and had become predatory beasts, or vile exploiters of his precious, flawed, always pulled down to impossible depths and always rising to shining perfection, humanity.

And he couldn't avert his eyes anymore. He couldn't turn his back on Creation again. Humanity needed him. Creation needed him.

But he wouldn't march with an army of gods to set right what had gone wrong. The Exalted had the Mandate of Heaven. He and the other gods didn't directly rule Creation anymore. And furthermore, humanity didn't need a savior. He firmly believed, with all of his being, that humanity could save itself. It just needed a reminder of what it could accomplish. The brightest, most glorious reminder he could give them. To encourage them not to give up, to dredge up the courage they needed to face their most terrible struggles and to reach the apex of what they were and always had been capable of. An inspiration.
>>
>>55085827
>>55085787
>>55085593

we've kinda reached the broken charm special olympics here
>>
>>55085836

The Unconquered Sun peered down at Creation, looking for someone, someone special, the first of his newly-reborn Chosen. And he hasn't gone back to the Games of Divinity. They don't hold any more interest for him. He has turned his face back to Creation, and he's making humanity strong enough to save itself, and even bring about a new First Age, if it so chooses. He is sending mortals his most powerful miracle, the one he knows they really need in this Time of Tumult, the one that will allow them to turn the tables by themselves - the Solar Exalted
>>
>>55084670
How come Abyssals can learn Sidereal martial arts then?
>>
File: 1495121416754.png (43KB, 245x546px) Image search: [Google]
1495121416754.png
43KB, 245x546px
>>55085814
>>55085823
>>55085829
>>55085836
>>55085843
Gayyyy.
Also too much humanising UCS.
[sp]mfw reading it[/sp]
>>
>>55084818

Wouldn't she count as MILF?
>>
>>55085888
>Also too much humanising UCS.
Newfag has a point.
With the lack of Virtues I think 3e UCS is going to be/could be/should be more alien.
>>
Is this gameline dead yet?
>>
>>55085841
that was my point, Zeal gets a lot of exposure to the point it seems like a one off problem with DotFA but there's stuff in there that allows you to be invincible at essence 4-5.

I care way more about that than worrying if my ST is going to be a cunt and ruin the game with an essence 10 Sidereal.
>>
>>55085888
>Also too much humanising UCS.
This. UCS is a fierce and proud warrior-king who went most of his existence without giving a crap about humanity, perhaps even without knowing such a race existed. Him loving humanity when they show a glimpse of greatness is all well and good, him loving humanity in general is just...off. It doesn't feel right.
>>
>>55085912
Even in 1E and 2E, someone with all Virtues at 5 is pretty damn inhuman.
>>
>>55085843

That's nice but the Solar shards that escaped the jade prison never went away and the resurgence is entirely predicated on Deathlord butterfingers.

Don't try to prop up the UCS. He didn't even start paying attention until fully half of his chosen we're running around again simultaneously.

And he still has ample room for disappointment when confronted with the existence of the Abyssal and Infernal.
>>
>>55085924

Because he's not a human God created by humans. He IS an alien. He's been a lot of his existence with a dinosaur head for fuck's sake. He took on a human appearance not out of respect for Humanity but for the solar exalted.

Which also kind of puts it in perspective about how he feels about anyone who devote themselves to them given how fast he drops the Dragon Kings at their weakest moment.
>>
File: Sol.jpg (374KB, 822x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Sol.jpg
374KB, 822x1300px
>>
>>55085787

It wouldn't actually bypass most perfects according to the rules.

Stuff like "Draw Forth One Shard" are probably just as bad.
If it gets used on you, then you are screwed harder than a Cynis whore.
The main issue with that charm is that it isn't shaping, and it really should be shaping. There is no real defense against it as written.
>>
>>55085952
Also he was apparently perfectly cool with Dragon Kings sacrificing hearts, including human hearts, to him.
>>
>>55085924

Never forget that his motivations were not out of concern for Humanity or the well-being of Creation, but rather driven by jealousy of his betters.

Something to remember the next time anyone talks down on Dragonblooded killing their kings.
>>
>>55085957
I mean stuff like drraw forth one shard are probably worse,
>>
>>55085958

Oh yes. Before the war Humanity was basically cattle they try to educate and routinely murdered for sacrifice fuel. Dragon Kings we're not the only ones using them as prayer fuel, but they were certainly the 'nicest' compared to the Old Lintha and the other primordial race cunts.
>>
In 2e (or 2.5) the unconquered sun is actually more free to defy his virtues than almost anyone else.
He doesn't have to spend willpower to ignore them, although some of his powers do get weaker.

>>55085958
There is actually a martial art that had a capstone charm that cut out your opponents heart and offered it too him. The prayer roll was automatically successful.
>>
The greatest sense of admiration the unconquered sun has for Humanity is best summed up in the story about how when he was accepting victory gifts at the end of the war he took up a simple spear made from a mortal weaponsmith.

While it is a polite nod to the humans that fought for his emancipation from the primordials, it certainly shows the kind of relationship he feels towards them and how he views them. They are a weapon to cultivate from their best and brightest. Exalted have always been weapons. We have no indication to show that the Incarnae offered up instruction to their Chosen on how to function during peacetime.

Probably why if you bother to follow dreams of the first age you'll note that there's a lot of really stupid fighting and wars going on at first until they realize what a bad idea that is.
>>
>>55085931

This is especially the case with the UCS, who has somewhat modified vritues.

For example lets look at his valor and conviction prevent him from doing:

>Overlooking or tolerating any challenge
or disrespect to his authority, no matter how small.
>(Note that engaging in a challenge against him is not intrinsically disrespectful, though besting him is always so.)

>Surrender. Admitting the possibility of personal error or fallibility.
>Backing down from a matter of principle when confronted with an opportunity to take a stand.
>>
File: 1495808008952.png (362KB, 600x884px) Image search: [Google]
1495808008952.png
362KB, 600x884px
>Zenith who dedicates his life to UCS because he thinks UCS cares about humanity
>The disappointment and temper tantrum and depression that follows the revelation at the end of his quest
>TED APPROVES
>>
>>55086054

The gods care. They all care. Humanity is shape their world and it's a fundamental part of it whether they like that or not. But they are not human. I can certainly act like humans but they are not. There's always going to be some level of disconnect. You can take that as them being malevolent cunts if you want - some certainly are! - but their nature is separate from ours even if they are, symbiotic or parasitic, linked to us.

Even gods who despise Humanity or still reacting to its existence. Ones ruling over nature and unrelated aspects still feel the touch of humanity because we tend to move around and use our natural resources and try to dominate our landscapes and all that we see.
>>
>>55085616
Fairly sure there's a Celestial one that gives people new intimacies. Could be that?
>>
>>55086054

This is going to sound super edgy, but, even with the population numbers the second age has humans aren't that special. There are a shitload of us. Most of them don't try to Aspire to something greater or make a positive impact on the people around them or their landscape, be that physical or socially or spiritually. We really aren't that important. It's important to cultivate our numbers and keep our species growing and alive but individually, and especially in a place like Creation, we are not all the same. Losing someone with bad genes and a terrible drug addiction who will never do anything with their short life besides create more of the same person they are, is not the same as losing a great warrior or an artist or a politician or a spiritual leader. Fate itself even the signs of value to people's lives in Exalted.

basically don't stress the importance of the (mortal) community over the empowered individual. You are only going to drive yourself insane thinking about it, or when you get down to the nitty-gritty and your mortal subjects are constantly complaining and falling apart the moment even a slight burden arises such as a flood.
>>
>>55085957
>There is no real defense against it as written.

That's not quite true actually, despite the description saying they can touch the target's reflection that's not how the Touch keyword actually works.
>>
>>55086136
>Fluff Vs mechanics
>>
>>55086162
same with Zeal
>>
Okay, let's discuss some shizzle.

Would you (as a GM) and your players ever agree to put some Charms as 'inaccessible' for whatever reason to maintain game balance?
>>
>>55086170
Yup
>>
>>55086170

Yes.
>>
>>55086170
sure
>>
>>55086178
>>55086179
(Should have added this.)

And mind giving examples?
>>
>>55086170

I don't even factor in with the desires of my players are if I know it's a mechanic or a charm that is going to cause trouble and generally make the game personally irritating for me to run. I explain this to them of course and where I'm coming from but I don't back down on it either. Ultimately my enjoyment is at least equal if not more important than the players, because without me there is no game
In an Ideal World we would all get what we want but there have to be some concessions in sacrifices made as part of the social contract.
>>
Would it be okay to have the first use of a Charm always be from Peripheral pool since it's the first and instinctual use of it, if there wasn't a downtime or a situation in downtime where they could have discovered it?
>>
>>55086208
Sounds like a house-rule.
Maybe there's errata that confirms or rejects it, but it does sounds like one of those niche situations that only a GM ruling can save.
>>
>>55085912
Yeah. I mean, if you want to run a game with humanitarian UCS that's fine, it's just kinda not the intended way to represent them.
>>
>>55086297
there's enough things that eat people in Creation without adding The Unconquered Sun to the list
>>
>>55086499

Not being 'HFY' doesnt mean your malevolent World devouring monster ei.
>>
>>55077168
Slag is British slang for whore, while to slag some one off is to criticize him, to shittalk.
>>
>>55086614
it's also been something offensive to call a Transformer since Beast Wars.
>>
>>55086136
What do you mean by this, and how does it give a defense?

You can touch the target or their reflection to use the charm.
>>
>>55086999
To quote the 2e core
"Touch: The Exalt must touch the target to use the Charm.Touching a non-consenting target requires a (Dexterity + Martial Arts) attack."

Thus reflection touching still needs a successful attack.
>>
>>55087032

That only helps a little.

I just checked the charm again, and discovered you don't have to touch their reflection.
(here is an online mirror: http://ninjasensei.wikidot.com/ma:the-obsidian-shards-of-infinity-style)

You have to touch the SURFACE that their reflection is on.

Dodging (or even parrying) would still be possible in theory, but really hard.

For the person to try to dodge it requires them to realize that the martial artist touching the mirror is bad.
>>
>>55087355
Okay, let's assume that the authors had a plan for this Charm. What the hell did they expect the players to do with it?
>>
>>55087397

I have no idea.
>>
>>55087355
>You have to touch the SURFACE that their reflection is on.

Which isn't what the Touch tag means despite what the author might have thought while writing the charm. The reflective surface isn't the target the target is the target.

Hence comparing it to Zeal which says it can defeat perfect defences but loses to UFvIO, the core rules overrule both.
>>
>>55085567
Oooh, did not notice that martial art at all. That really does make the Plasma Tongue more attractive. I just need a good way to keep the range close.
>>
>>55087571
Golden Exhalation (Terrestrial MA). It has charms that double the range of Flame weapons, and even one that lets you do a sweeping attack of up to [Essence] targets.

That last one combos nicely with Righteous Devil. Especially with the RD charm that turns your damage Holy (Agg vs. CoD). Which means a potential 21A vs. [Essence] targets as a three-charm combo for 8 motes.
>>
>>55085960
Jealosy? I heard he just got tired of Primordials fucking up his charge (the Creation) that he's got to protect. He's basically a rebellious robot from 60s sci-fi.
>>
>>55088042
I don't think his motivation for rebelling was made completely clear in 1E. Wanting to protect the Creation, wanting the Games of Divinity for himself or just being tired of servitude were all possible reasons.
>>
>>55088142
Ah. I went with the Glories fluff.
>>
>>55087505
Fun Fact: Zeal and Obsidian Shards of Infinity were written by the same guy.
>>
>>55088715
What workings could you do to enhance your Occult rolls?
>>
>>55089277
Any ST that allows workings that enhance occult rolls is an ST I won't be playing with much longer.
>>
>>55075359
Yeah, but they're cursed in ways even the mroe powerful Exalted don't understand and have to take very seriously.
>>
>>55089277
Grant yourself a permanent, instinctual sense of whether immaterial spirits are present with a significant drawback. Allow you to perform actions you might not be able to normally with your Occult, such as granting yourself an occult-based fire breath attack. That's about all I'd allow
>>
>>55088715
i think the latter was better written though
>>
File: FaeDrink.png (443KB, 596x678px) Image search: [Google]
FaeDrink.png
443KB, 596x678px
>>55085616
>every time I come here I gain new fetishes.
>Is there a charm that could be causing this?

No, just degeneracy. Sweet, sweet degeneracy. In a game that encourages it.
>>
>>55087716
Thanks. That gives helps as well, just need some good mobility enhancing charms to ensure positioning...

Also, I want to check with the thread and make sure I'm understanding how One Eye Follows the Bird, Kiss of the Sun Concentration, and Panoptic Fusion Disipline interact. One Eye lets me reflexively spend 1 mote to increase the maximum aim bonus by 3 after spending three ticks aiming (have to keep aiming to fill that). Panoptic lets me treat all of my attacks as though I had just spent thee ticks aiming, and with 3+ essence each tick I actually spend aiming converts one of those three free aim dice into automatic successes. And Kiss lets me spend motes to reduce the ticks to complete an aim action by 1. I think that they interact the following way:
>Panoptic counts as three ticks aiming, so One Eye can be instantly used to aim on top of that
>Since it requires spending three ticks aiming, One Eye into Kiss is fine, but Kiss into One Eye is not
>similarly, Panoptic's 3+ essence bonus does not play nice with Kiss, as it only cares about actual ticks spent
Aiming from Panoptic is "each tick spend aiming while active converts one die to automatic success from the dice provided by Panoptic", which seems to mean that if you One Eye from Panoptic and spend three ticks aiming, you convert the three Panoptic dice into successes, and get three more dice from the aim action. Since the cap on aim bonus is now 6, and panoptic does not stop accruing extra aim bonus if you have something that lets you ("as a result, the character may not
normally benefit from a true Aim action while this Charm is active"). You can then keep adding aim dice by using One Eye, but you'll only ever get three auto-successes since that's all that Panoptic provides. You can speed up the aim with Kiss, but using it right after using One Eye will result in you only getting 1 automatic success and 5 bonus dice, instead of 3 and 3 (as well as not being able to use One Eye yet again).
>>
File: LunarWaifu3.png (840KB, 826x1024px) Image search: [Google]
LunarWaifu3.png
840KB, 826x1024px
>>55089936
>Sweet, sweet degeneracy

And how!
>>
>>55058946
...Scourge/Slayer desu if only because if you combine the two you become a radiactive wall of green fire that instagibs everything it touches while moving with about the speed of sound and that's hilarious. Also recuperative sprinting never gets old.
>>
Can Solars run/leap on water?
>>
>>55090065
>Infernals and TED
And wasn't that Infernal thing?
>>
>>55090065
That's a low level athletic charm mate.
>>
>>55089984
Sometimes I just love how Charms interact with each other. And other times I hate it. I'd help but then I'd need to take my chalkboard out of storage. Sorry.
>>
>>55071220
Sorcery is more a feature of existence and cosmic knowledge.
You might want to ask jupiter, though good luck doing that and getting something other than knowing smiles, half truths and silence...
>>
>>55071277
Iirc the grace of the dragons is bound to the blood to the point of a witer once saying if you managed to drain a DB of all his blood and keep him alive he'd lose it.
In that regard fate also plays a role, as the mantle of that old dragonblood in the sea of mind envelops your soul through lethe, if you are a dragonblood, and carries it to a body fated to be graced by the dragons.
>>
>>55071365
Time to make more enlightened mortal laboratories...
>>
>>55075359
The implication is She who surmounted the omphalos is still in the great hall in Meru, for whatever reasons.
>>
>>55090131
It'd be so much easier if Kiss of the Sun was worded reasonably, like "each mote spent while aiming counts as a tick spent aiming".
>>
>>55078153
>Durga hersefl a pretty fucking badass gooddess
That doesn't even come close. Durga is who the other gods call when shit gets way in above their heads and they need somebody to clean the mess up. Like that one great demon Mahisha who beat up all the lesser gods and lost to Durga only after she splattered, beheaded and skewered him and every shape he took as well as his whole army WHILE he hurled mountains at her which she lightly pushed away.
In terms of badassery Durga is what you get when you slap Sol unto Mars with all the extra arms holding weapons, because fuck laurels and the horn, we're here to murder the offenders.
Also Kali and Durga may or may not be two facets of the same goddess.
>>
Can you make Magical Material with Sorcerous Working?
>>
how do we fix craft
>>
>>55090652
The first thing we do, let's kill all the dice tricks.
>>
>>55090652

Discard pretty much all of the Charms related to Skyrim style crafting of "Make 100 iron daggers and then craft Assblaster, Cleaver of Worlds". Craft is now simply Craft. One ability, covers all forms of making shit.

nb4 hurr dats dumb, well, fuck, you fags have no problem with Melee covering every weapon and fighting style fucking ever, don't complain about this either.
>>
>>55090557
Theoretically, yes, but the work and materials necessary (sh/)would end up beng the same as making it the old fashioned way...
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (105KB, 454x248px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
105KB, 454x248px
How would you go about a Sorcerous Initiation based around making things EXPLODE?
>>
File: megumun.png (34KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
megumun.png
34KB, 128x128px
>>55090782
I don't know but I'd like to find out.
>>
>>55090691
Because Melee covers numerous different ways of doing roughly the same thing, whereas Craft covers one way of doing everything. If there's no limit to what the single ability of Craft can accomplish, then a master craftsman has pretty much every ability.

It's the same reason you have to learn every Sorcery spell individually but don't have to learn every Performance song individually.
>>
>>55090782
Killer Queen is an evocation tree, not sorcery, dude.
>>
>>55071220
>Is there a God of Sorcery?
If not, then the Celestial Bureaucracy either hasn't found the right god for the job or doesn't think it's worth appointing a god to manage, neither of which is a likely possibility. So there probably is such a god, unless there are plot reasons why the gods don't have one.
>>
>>55090876
>It's the same reason you have to learn every Sorcery spell individually but don't have to learn every Performance song individually.

That comparison makes no sense because individual spells are basically Charms in and of themselves. However, every sorcerer needs Occult. Like every crafter needs Craft. Don't conflate the magical part with the basic skill, more or less. Sorcery has it's roots in Occult, and Craft charms have their roots in Craft, obviously.
>>
>>55090907
This is a very vague memory of 2E fluff, but isn't sorcery something the Exalted stole from the Primordials after they beat them up? Can the gods interact with sorcery at all?
>>
>>55090782
>>55090879
Killer Queen is a Demon of the Second Circle.

Most JoJo Stands have more in common with demons than anything else.
>>
>>55090951
>Can the gods interact with sorcery at all?
No
>>
>>55090965
Gnomon is basically The World. I think if you abandon the idea that stands need to be little spirit guys standing behind you and focus on the important part -- a themed power that you can learn and elaborate on, developing new uses for them and so on, Evocations are the best way to model that.
>>
>>55090968
Can't powerful gods interact with sorcery within the themes of their godhood up to sapphire circle and the most high use costum charms to achieve similar effects ?
>>
>>55091231
Okay then, I dare you to prove it by posting an Evocation based on a Jojo stand.
>>
>>55093071
Step Between Seconds lets you stop time for a short time. Gnomon from the Arms of the Chosen preview has already proven my point. Further evocations let you do more with the time-stopping power.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

If you want, I could cook up an evocation that allows you to touch any object and turn it into a bomb. I'm actually going to qualify what I said -- a lot of Jojo's stands are really well-represented by Evocations, especially the ones that are really external to the user and involve discrete powers, but something like Stone Free I'd make as an Exigent or some kind of exalt type.
>>
>>55090968
>>55091284
Gods can learn sorcery as easily as Exalts.

Just takes them time to learn it. Read the damn Scrolls
>>
>>55090951
I think that´s how necromancy came to be. A couple power-hungry Solars ( is there any other kind?) snuck into the Underworld, woke up a Neverborn or two from their deathless sleep and cajoled them into teaching them the basic pricinples of how to use necrotic Essence in sorcery to raise armies of the dead, manipulate ghosts and kill lots of people.
>>
>>55091231
Except the little spirit guys *are* what differentiates a Stand from any other typical themed, evolving powerset.
>>
>>55093593
Sure, I don't disagree. I don't think you should really be looking to import concepts into Exalted without butchering them a bit, if that makes sense. When you're converting ideas from one setting to another, you need to tailor them to fit your target setting, if that makes sense, and I think the best way to model the thematic wonkiness and gradual growth of Stands is through Evocations. That isn't to say there's no room for a character who's possessed by a powerful spirit, but that's WAY more external to the character than stands are implied to be.
>>
>>55093747
That's fair, I think. Though personally I just find it easier to liken Evocations to stuff like Bleach's zanpakuto or Fate/stay's Noble Phantasms.
>>
>>55093171
Fair does. Link me if you ever do Killer Queen evocations. I want to homebrew charms but fuck me if I can decide where to start.
>>
>>55091231
If you ignore everything about how Stands function, how they're used, and how they tend to behave, then you could shoehorn them into another splat, but pretty much everything about them is nearly exactly like how Exalted demons work.
>>
>>55093593
That, and the fact that every Stand is basically the embodiment of a single specific effect, and their "growth" is based on applying that specific effect creatively rather than learning a Charm tree of thematically related effects.

That, and the fact that a Stand is basically an embodiment of some aspect of its owner's personality, concentrated and amplified until it's basically a superpower meant to achieve some specific goal.

That, and the fact that many Stands (and sometimes their users) follow strange and esoteric rules for how they function, which don't make sense by any external logic but are thematically related to the user's idiosyncracies, and often result in the Stand behaving more like a strange alien animal or a curse than a simple "superpower".

Basically, they're demons.
>>
I'm going to agree with Stands being 3rd or 2nd circle souls based on shit like Stone Free. Demon turning herself into sentient string sounds like something a Yozi would have.

Though minor shits like Survivor would be okay as Evocations.

Basically, if its one of the Stand mooks: Evocation. Otherwise: Demon
>>
>>55088142

Why can't it be all three?
>>
>>55096139
Because the space for "Motivation" won't fit them all.
>>
>>55089552

> get flung through a portal by enemy
> circle ends up in Meru
> during Calibration
>get attacked by spooks
>try to flee
>GET ATTACKED BY STEALTH WARSTRIDER
>find out its AI has been protecting them since the Usurpation
>later get chased by Bronze Faction thru the ruins
>>
>>55079594
You're thinking of Varang.

>>55083589
>>55084752

Stop assuming that all games must turn into your magical realm full of mind break and ahegao, anon.

>>55085969
Way too 2e in here. Humanity was probably such an afterthought to non-2e Primordials that they just forgot that the creatures properly existed at all. Hence why the Incarnae were free to enlist their aid. It just didn't matter at the time, y'know?
>>
File: neat.png (401KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
neat.png
401KB, 600x450px
>>55095520
>>
>>55095422
That doesn't matter to me because I can't play a demon. If I want to use Stand-like effects in my game, or give my PC powers inspired by a Jojo's stand, demons aren't going to be the way to do it.
>>
>>55093458
3 Solars and 2 Lunars. Each of them with specialized talents they used to make sure the entire group survived.
One of the Lunars was skilled at balancing Essence and Memory, and carefully set them on the proper knife's edge to keep them from being overwhelmed by the necrotic power of the Neverborn, and balanced the melancholy of the Tombs with their memories of hope and joy.
One of the Solars was a Sorcerous Twilight, master of the Three Circles. This let him grasp the properties of things before their other protections failed.
A Solar Engineer assessed the flow of things, and used that to devise protections to help them remain unchanged, on top of what the first Lunar was doing.
The other Lunar was a master of finding secrets, and ferreted out those of the Neverborn from the whispers of their tombs.
The last Solar was an Eclipse, a master speaker, who used those secrets to keep the Neverborn off-balance - kept them from rousing themselves to bring more of their power down on the Circle.

And, in the end, we can blame THEM for the Deathlords and Abyssals, for the Neverborn would have slept for far longer still without their interference.
>>
>>55097313

Never read about the composition of the group or what they did, only that there was a mixed group that stole into the depths of the Underworld to get Necromancy. This is pretty fucking dope, is there anywhere I can read more? Is this from 1e?
>>
>>55097392
That was from 2E. The Books of Sorcery, Volume 2: White and Black Treatises. Black, specifically.
>>
>>55090943
>That comparison makes no sense because individual spells are basically Charms in and of themselves. However, every sorcerer needs Occult. Like every crafter needs Craft. Don't conflate the magical part with the basic skill, more or less. Sorcery has it's roots in Occult, and Craft charms have their roots in Craft, obviously.
Even before Charms come in, various forms of Craft are more different from each other than different weapons, different fighting styles or different songs. It's just not the same thing, at all. There are reasons to want one Craft Ability, sure, but comparing Craft to Melee is just dumb.
>>
>>55097765
>Dragon XP is very similar to Solar XP in how it functions. The biggest difference is that instead of having Limit Breaks, Terrestrials can earn XP for roleplaying the effects of the Great Curse in a way that's entertaining at the table.
>>
>>55087505

Remember that exceptions exist in games, that's a feature of them.

So you have to figure out how to resolve contradictions, normally it is Specific Beats general.

Sometimes however there are different ways:
UFvIO describes how to resolve rule conflicts between perfect effects. It basically says defense wins.
Zeal doesn't really contradict UFvIO, it just doesn't work because of it.

Keywords describe the qualities of a charm.

Sometimes Keywords don't apply to everything in the charm, or function a bit differently.

So with "Draw Forth One Shard" the touch Keyword only applies to directly touching your target, or it allows you to touch a reflective surface as an exception to the normal rule
>>
What's the Working for changing your sex?
Terrestrial 2?
>>
>>55098422
Hooray uneven xp
>>
Which book was Total Annihilation in?
>>
>>55097288
>I can't play a demon.
You can summon a demon. You could even have one as a familiar if you're especially fond of a specific one.

Exalted powers don't really work under the paradigm of everyone being able to do one thing and finding new and creative ways to use that one effect. They're more like "traditional" action shounen series like Naruto, where the characters have themes for their techniques and are constantly growing in strength and learning more advanced techniques that all have a general theme, while occasionally picking up an extra technique that doesn't fit their main theme but serves a practical purpose for them. If you want really weird esoteric Charms with effects that encourage creativity and lateral thinking, you could be a Sidereal or an Infernal, but that wouldn't stop you from having a lot of different powers available instead of just one. Exalted characters just aren't... limited the way Stand users are.
>>
Sandact has finally done tweaks to the Infernals and has been sitting in it for days now.

Is it coming, finally, or will be set to drift yet longer?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170828-105958.png (810KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170828-105958.png
810KB, 1080x1920px
Who is she?
>>
>>55099323

In 2nd edition it was in the White and Black Treatise

In 1st edition I think it was savant and sorcerer
>>
>>55099929
CUTE Night Caste, probably
>>
>>55097288

I am pretty sure the rules are defined enough for you to play a demon in 2nd ed.
>>
>>55099996
Nah nah, she's probably a Zenith Caste with a Performance specialty in making others fall in love with her.
>>
>>55101498
Certainly looks like it
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.