[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Darkest Dungeon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 549.png (973KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
549.png
973KB, 1280x720px
Can the atmosphere of the Darkest Dungeon game be recreated faithfully in TTRPG? Which system would do it best?/Get the closest?
>>
Shadow of the demon lord
>>
>>55057432
This is pretty good.

>>55057420

Strike! does the fights well, but you are better off clobbering the skill system from somewhere else (you could even use the games').

Torchbearer is one of the inspirations behind the game.

Dungeon World could actually work pretty well (have the locations act as fronts, have multiple hamlets/estates to flesh things out a bit).

OSR could be good if you want the grit. I'm not sure which one is the most popular/best at the moment. Played DCC a few times, that was pretty good. Lamentations of the Flame Princess too. I quite liked the Black Hack, was very elegant.

What else... Warhammer Fantasy? I only give it a cursory read and didn't like it much, but it's often recommended for DD.
>>
bu,p
>>
>>55057420
Atmosphere in an RPG is more about presentation by the DM/materials and fluff than it is about the system itself. Take a game you like and add that flavor/high lethality.

That said it'd be interesting to run it in Dread, which is a horror game that uses Jenga as the core mechanic which I think would get at the core element of tension, but I'm guessing you'd like something more crunchy
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.