[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird campaign thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 69272667-weird-wallpapers.jpg (63KB, 905x668px) Image search: [Google]
69272667-weird-wallpapers.jpg
63KB, 905x668px
So, /tg/, what's the one weirdest campaign you've ever GMed/played?
>>
>>55053793
One time, My players used a roller blades, a rope, a helicopter, and a pompadour to assassinate "Dolan Frump."
>>
>>55053793
Blew up a unicorn to propel it's horn into a BBEM whose weakness was unicorn horns. Not very weird huh
>>
>>55053793
LEWD
>>
>>55053793
Weirdest thing I've ever gmed was a campaign where the BBEG was fully aware of being inside a campaign, but had narrative psychological blocks preventing him from telling the players in front of the GM, an ominous omnipresent force of the universe that's working towards its active destruction.

It got kinda out of hand when one of the players managed to break the fourth wall bare-handed and an other player flung an NPC through the hole.
>>
>>55053793
Haven't run it yet, but i want to some day.

The world setting is a giant ultra-long train that just keeps moving. Everything and everyone are on that train. Nobody knows what exists outside that train and no one who ever got to the land has returned.

Also setting in the library of babel
>>
>>55054268
I had an idea like that, except with a building. How would you go about food? Societies? Conflict? Goal of the campaign?

Also: http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-3008
>>
File: 23019-22413-7555.jpg (149KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
23019-22413-7555.jpg
149KB, 800x820px
>>55053966
>>
>>55054323
The setting isn't very developed right now, as you might have guessed.

Societies mostly occupy different train wagons. Most advanced ones even build artificial extensions. Which all get blown once the train enters a tunnel, leading to an anarchy.

Food is easy, it just grows in some Wagons. There are also a plenty of possible conflicts. Territory is small, so the territory aggression is a very common thing.

One of the campaign ideas is making the players reach the end of the train to prevent some threat from beyond
>>
>>55054421

Are you playing Snowpiercer? Just asking. If you've never heard of it, it's a movie in pretty much the same setting. Except it's the end of the world due to an ice age, and the last of humanity are on a train that still runs because apparently tracks don't degrade in that world.
>>
>>55054421
sounds like infinity train
>>
>>55054261
Didn't that happen in a John Carpenter movie?
>>
>>55054494
>>55054528
Duh. And i wanted to be original
>>
>>55054554

And you're failing.
>>
>>55054559
Thank you
>>
>>55053793
I've told the story before, and I suppose I can run it through in full, but we played the setting equivalent of level 1 schlubbs, drafted into the army, and assigned to an elite formation because a certain nobleman had enough influence to demand a squad from this group to guard his manor. A nasty war being on, and the army not wanting to waste it's best troops guarding some villa, they put us through the hoops so they could technically send a party of Desten but not send the real ones.

When we get there, the guy we're supposed to protect is talking with a friend of his, and they immediately remark how we resemble the assistants of a friend of theirs, and start talking about said assistants adventures. GM takes away our character sheets, hands us back much higher level ones, and sends us through this weird railroady meta-adventure, often where we find things out by hearing the narrators talk about it and having no idea what to do without their clues, and having enemies swap out as the two narrators argue about what "they" were fighting. We also had this totally bonkers dream sequence that wouldn't make sense until about 3 campaigns later with the same dude and different characters.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.