[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Map Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: WIP Sector Map.png (531KB, 2100x1500px) Image search: [Google]
WIP Sector Map.png
531KB, 2100x1500px
I'm currently working on making a sector map for a homebrewed sector for 40K. Problem is, I have no idea how to design a sector map. Post examples of good sector maps (preferably FFG style ones). So far I've managed to make a starfield in Photoshop, that's about it. Any tips? Also general map thread.
>>
File: 40k Sector template.png (43KB, 1311x1090px) Image search: [Google]
40k Sector template.png
43KB, 1311x1090px
>>55052105
I used this template made an Anon some time ago
>>
File: 40k Vallis sector.jpg (309KB, 1316x1086px) Image search: [Google]
40k Vallis sector.jpg
309KB, 1316x1086px
>>55053527
>made by an Anon*

and this is the map I made over my local gaming groups sector (all of our armies are present in it in one way or the other)
>>
>>55053537
I'd do something for my local gaming group, but it'd just be a shitton of Salamanders, a shitton of Tau worlds, a Grey Knight planet, a small Nurgle-infested pocket, two tiny hive fleets, and a single Tomb World and Craftworld.
>>
>>55053545
add those planet, and then some more "NPC" planets, like a bunch of regular imperial worlds, a random Ork world here and there, maybe a spacehulk or two, etc
>>
>>55053556
>Random Ork world
Yeah, that could work - the store owner keeps an Ork army up for players to learn with. And the center of the system would be the three main maps we fight on: a desert Death World with ruins full of relics - some dating back to Pre-fall; a Chaos World with an Imperial bastion; and the surface of a major Hive World, which the one SM player who's going with a custom chapter has matched his regalia to.
>>
>>55053599
Sounds good to me Anon, be sure to post the map when you are done!

Also, for those interested, here is a document containing the fluff for the entire sector I made (some planets still lack lore though)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RE67Ai1W5AaaW7PtvTocmk7UAltgxVtLCedto-XX6ac/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>55053624
Is this for space maps only, or can we post other maps too? I'd really like an outside opinion on >>55053446.
>>
File: adagio sector wip.png (84KB, 1311x1090px) Image search: [Google]
adagio sector wip.png
84KB, 1311x1090px
>>55053624
I've got a pretty solid map layout so far, but I'm struggling to think of good names for most of the peoples' planets - there are a total of three of us out of the roughly dozen players who run "Your Dudes" type armies, and most not only go bog-standard paint scheme, but also run named characters.
>>
>>55053931
Well I would suggest that you ask the three guys about names for their own planet(s), and then just think of some cool names for the rest of the planets.
Alternatively, you can just use this website and just randomize the names
http://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/planet_names.php#.WZ_qhVFJaUk
>>
>>55053976
There are more than three guys. Blue subsector in bottom left is a guy with sizeable TSons and Tyranids armies. Green subsector is the two Nurgle players who show up infrequently and each have just about 1000 points of stuff. Atlantis is where two of the Salamander players are, and the Fortress world in Lemures is where the third Salamander player is, who's just borrowing his Salamanders from someone while building up his Tau. His Tau are in Lemures, and another Tau player is in the lavender sector. The remainder of Lemures is the player with the largest total forces, and I should probably expand his sub-sector: He has 3K+ points each of SoB, Dark Angels, Imperial Guard, Custodes/SoS, Assassins, and AdMech.
>>
>>55053976
Oh, and if you were talking about the three with "custom" armies, I know that the Necron player's Tomb World is something along the lines of Mehrigo, and there's a nearby Death World named Phantosia. I know that the Tyranid player has Hive Fleet Orochi, and put a couple Death Worlds there that fit his general way of naming things. Avalon is for my forces.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.