[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Castlevania Campaign

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0087.jpg (15KB, 310x162px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0087.jpg
15KB, 310x162px
I've been thinking about running a Castlevania campaign inspired by the new Netflix series. Any advice as to what system to use, or just in general?
>>
WoD
>>
>>55050430
Depends on what you want to do with it. Also, you should probably play some of the games, if only because there are some really good ones, especially Symphony of the Night.

I don't have any advice for a specific system, but if you're straight up doing Castlevania, you've at least got a clear goal for the campaign: Kill Dracula. How the players get there can be any number of ways.

It could be a world-spanning adventure where the PCs do as much investigation and information gathering as they do fighting, with the main enemies being cults that worship Dracula and are preparing the world for his return. It could also be a single enormous dungeon crawl contained entirely within the labyrinthine Demon Castle itself. Or it could be specific to a single area of countryside, like Order of Ecclesia was, with each area being its own sort of self-contained dungeon.

Real talk, though? Play some of the games. They're really fun and good. (most of them)
>>
>>55050430
do yourself a favor and ban vampires and dhampires outright
Lisa Tepes best waifu
>>
>>55050430
Whatever system you feel most comfortable in.
>>
>>55050430
I would recommend FATE. It's really good at creating high concept characters Castlevania runs on, and its rules are loose enough to easily make all the enemies from the games you need.
>>
>>55050430
well depending on which Castlevania games you want to emulate on the table

D&D 5e would porbably work. maybe 4e
>>
File: CTdoX19UsAAvxv2.jpg (75KB, 600x381px) Image search: [Google]
CTdoX19UsAAvxv2.jpg
75KB, 600x381px
>>55051999
Of course, the benefit of 5e would be that you could convert Curse of Strahd to Dracula's Curse.

Barovia becomes Wallachia, Tatyana becomes Lisa, Baba Lysaga becomes Drolta Tzuentes, and the Sun Sword would probably be replaced by the Vampire Killer whip.
>>
File: Dracula-Unredacted-Cover_400.png (308KB, 400x510px) Image search: [Google]
Dracula-Unredacted-Cover_400.png
308KB, 400x510px
Hmm...is much gained in a Dracula Dossier game of Night's Black Agents by trying to Castlevania-fy things?
>>
>>55052749
Lisa actually liked Dracula though
>>
>>55052957
Yeah, because Dracula's not a fucking bitch.

And it's all the more reason to track down her reincarnation. She loved him, and this time he'll save her, so she'll never die.
>>
>>55053052
Boring, completely devalues the adventure, and - Christ on a crutch - completely devalues FUCKING DRACULA as a goddamned villain.
Fap to Twilight on someone else's board.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.