[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Plot twists in Campaigns that always get you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: images (1).jpg (10KB, 284x160px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
10KB, 284x160px
>Most helpful and kind NPC is actually sadistic and psychopathic

>Fellow PC is actually BBE

>Finding out some great task for a hero is actually some gods To-Do list and you were just a pawn all along

>Some Silent Hills shit where the Dog is the bad guy
>>
>Killing a god only to have it reform after nine years and present itself as a helpful voice trying to avoid a known cataclysm that killing said god would bring about.

I suspected it three sessions ago and the gm confirmed it session before last. Now my cleric is super glad he made a pact with the party rogue to kill him should he show signs of succumbing to madness.
>>
>>55045510
>Evil Emperor is actually rallying people to break out from under the feet of over demanding gods
>>
>>55045510
None really... I never really been in a GM created plot twist.
I dont think they would feel good unless there was clues all along.
>>
>>55045510
6 years ago we started playing a campaign with 12 players, said story lasted a good year and 3 months, then he followed it with another story on the same setting that lasted 2 years and a month (aprox) once we reached the climax and the DM big bad guy in the climax of the story he let us know that he had some special henchment monitoring everything from the begining, to our surprise we discovered that not one, but 4 of our players where working with the DM since the very begining to reach this point to betray us.
the betray was completely real, and the fight was so intense it lasted pretty much a whole day
shit was so cash
>>
>>55049072
cont.
as a DM I keep either notes or recordings of every game session and I always use my same world as a setting but in different time periods. you can do the math. in a particular story I tried to pull a "Crisis on Infinite Earths" kind of story that my players averted as a result they fell in a void with some high-level minions of my big bad, when they recovered counsiousness and fought the minions they nearly destroyed the location, guess what? that location ended up exactly as the location where the very first story I put them in was, as a special note moments after the figh was over I let them do a INT check, everyone but one player failed it, that one guy saw on the horizon somethin that felt like a deja vu but since his roll was slightly over the minimum he was unable to pinpoint exactly what, what he described to the party was nothing else than THEIR characters on their very first story coming on the distance to fight their very first fight
>>
File: l94iV9O.png (1MB, 1273x713px) Image search: [Google]
l94iV9O.png
1MB, 1273x713px
>>55049342
cont.
after that they pretty much tried to return to their time perion and during that story I used my archives on the original story and the follow up so I either let them visit places before or slightly after their original aventure took place, I retconed that certain actions they made now pretty much gave form to their original couple of adventures, from destroyed locations, to missing stuff, hell coincidentally in one city one of them buyed every last arrow he could, guess what? when HIS very own character first visited said store he tried to buy arrows but for reasons they where completely sold out! to this day I still can't remember why I did that the first time

AND they where pretty much the direct responsibles behind certain antagonists across their adventures, some by accident (8/14) some because some of them remembered stuff from certain NPC and just wanted to juck up with them (6/14)
>>
File: 1315450805358.jpg (33KB, 500x409px) Image search: [Google]
1315450805358.jpg
33KB, 500x409px
>>55049493
>>55049342
>>55049072
amaizing
>>
>>55045510
Orc baby traps.
>>
>>55045510
>BBE
Ug
>>
>>55045510
This game is currently on-going, so I have to be vague in case my group reads this.

One of the players have suspected for a while that there was a traitor among us, but without any hard evidence. In a recent session one of the PCs was revealed to be the traitor when he turned on the party. Everyone feels confident that the case has been solved.

I can't wait to reveal to them that my character has also been a traitor all along, hard at work spying, sabotaging and converting key NPCs...
>>
>>55049493
This is pretty good.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.