[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fate/Board Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Fate stay night.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fate stay night.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
How would you turn the Fate series into a board game? Is it even possible with the sheer size and the possibilites of the universe?
>>
They made board games out of Warhammer 40K and that's universe just as big, don't see why not.
>>
>>55040425
To an extent. I'm currently using a very butchered Wild Talents to run it, and it works fine. I added a few custom extras to represent "magical" properties, and that was it.

It works for the general gameplay, but stuff like conceptual clashes wrk like "exceptions" and need to be handled by the GM. Like, a random decisions that your "Endless flames of salem" have poor compatibillity when going against a water elemental.
>>
My first instinct for a Fate board game would to make a sort of hidden identities game where you're looking to suss out how your opponents are, something akin to Bang or Danmaku, maybe introducing some sort of two part mechanic in working out the other players' Servant and Master. It would probably be best off as a card game, however, instead of a full board game (which would likely be far easier to produce for a fan project).

If you really wanted to make a board game, though, something sort of like Heroscape or Arena of the Planeswalkers might work, where you have a mix-and-match selection of Servants and Masters, each with their own special abilities. Of course, this makes it far trickier to handle Servants whose abilities aren't well suited to direct confrontation, and you lose a lot of the focus on the long game that many Masters play in favor of short, quick skirmishes. Still the idea could lead to a fun light wargame.
>>
>>55040425
FGO the board game, play as Gudao, Gudako, Roman, Da'vinci, or Olgamarie to escape from the pocket of shifted reality and unfuck shit up as caused by a gay leprechaun.
Gather servants, roll dice, wonder why Gudao gets bonus points if he's paired with Astolfo while Gudako gets additional quartz.
Realize the lore is absolute dogshit and there's no real reason to care about anything that's happening beyond trying to leave.
Or just make it a monopoly game.
>>
>>55040425
Everyone plays Not!Saber and keeps teleporting behind each other on the board. Nothing interesting happens until someone draws the fanservice card. When they do, the player in question must molest the next closest player. Play goes until someone deus ex machinas harder than everyone else.
>>
>>55040425
There is some kind of Fate game, actually. Something in the vein of a board/card game, I'm not wholly sure, but it's on the workshop for Tabletop Simulator regardless. The rules are entirely in Nip, so odds are good no one that isn't from there will ever understand it well enough to play it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=951800698
>>
I wouldn't. Fate is shit.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.