[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I git gud at drafting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: eight fucking bears.jpg (27KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
eight fucking bears.jpg
27KB, 312x445px
How do I git gud at drafting?
>>
>>55037549
I find that it mostly comes down to practice: every drafting format is different from others, but you learn stuff that is common to all of them(i.e. usually play 17 lands, creatures should be about double your non-creature spells etc.) and came make comparison with older formats that you played.

A thing that really helped me was looking at people playing it online: I haven't watched him in a year or so because I've had to temporarily drop off Magic, but NumotTheNummy on Twitch is fairly good at drafting, does it almost all the time, and tends to explain his picks and plays, so you can understand why he does what he's doing. Watch the videos he puts on youtube and the archives on Twitch around the start of a new format: when something new is about to come out, he has played it so much that he starts going with wacky unoptimal strategies like the mono Suntail Hawk.deck
>>
>>55037720
>he has played it
*he has played the old format, sorry
>>
>>55037549
Use BREAD as a basic guide, also study up on pack rotations and maps. Study them a lot, because when you really git gif at it, you can look at a pack missing 2 uncommons and a common and know with a pretty good degree of certainty what the missing 3 cards are. That tells you what the people behind you are playing, and consequently what's open.
>>
>>55037549

Start by watching like a hundred hours of videos of pro players drafting, listen to their reasoning, then try to imitate what they do.
>>
>>55037549
Listening to Limited Resources helped me a lot.
They expanded a fair bit on BREAD, which is
Bombs
Removal
Evasion
Attackers
Dregs(Or defenders, depending)

as cards you should draft, instead of for example getting cute with a 1/7 for 5 with no abilities or a counterspell (though counters can work).
They also ruminate on CABS
Cards that
Affect the
Board
State
i.e., creatures, removal, what have you.
NOT 4-mana do-nothing enchantments or some overpriced non-creature artifact, or something like Enter the Infinite or Omniscience in theoretical RTR limited.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.