[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the worst game you've ever had?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 51

What's the worst game you've ever had?
>>
A DM who planned encounters around single NPCs able to take the whole group, refused to allow us to go off book (her book not the rules, anything that took us off plan would either result in punishment like increasing difficulty or refusal to allow it), and if we took too long with anything (e.g. trying to kill an enemy we had mostly cornered or being split up and having trouble getting back together) she'd start going tick tock with a warning that she'd kill all of us. We only had one session.
>>
Can't have a bad game if my gamefinded posts never get responses.
>>
File: IMG_8819.png (18KB, 169x86px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8819.png
18KB, 169x86px
Call of cthulhu.
Get invited to solve a mystery at a mansion. Host is a dollmaker and he needs us to solve a mystery. At the intro scene during dinner, right in the middle of exposition, we hear a loud explosion. Player J had used all his assets and background to be a demolishions expert. J had snuck out and used all his dynamite to blow up the car we arrived in. The car held all our stuff and was also like 90% worth of our youngest player's invested background assets. J starts laughing like a hyena. Youngest throws such a big tantrum that he actually starts to cry. Hours of preparation and we manage 5 mins into the adventure. All because one guy wanted to blow shit up and couldn't wait more than 5 minutes.
In a fucking. Call. Of. Cthulhu. Game.
>>
40K 7th ed, played in a 300 pt casual tournament the lgs was putting on. I threw together a defensive, fluffy guard army with basilisks and blob squads. My first and only opponent showed up with three riptides.

It was my birthday, too....
>>
>x-wing tournament
>my first opponent is the organizers son
>he doesn't know the rules
>he's 10
>I cannot but kill off his ships one by one
>he starts to cry and runs off
>kid drops out
>my game doesnt count as a win since we didn't finish
>This fucks my results
>one buy every round for some poor schmuck bc of this
>organizer claims one of two big prizes at the end "since he was the organizer"
>fucks up the schedule and time keeping
Good times
>>
My "friend" threw a game where he wanted to us follow one old man who had a quest for us. The man refused to tell anything to us and any attempt of refusing to follow him through the icy plains was answered by howls of wolves. Game died and we never found out what the hell he wanted from us. This lasted for multiple sessions.
>>
>>55032771
>Be in Uni.
>Not really get along with people, just try to keep my head down and focus on my studies.
>At least it's not like high school where people shit in my bag if I leave it for a moment unattended., but don't really have any friends and people whisper when I enter a room.
>Then, out of the blue, get invited to a party last night.
>It's a smallish thing, at someone's house, 10-12 people, but the place is small enough that it feels pretty crowded.
>Drink a bit, smoke a bit of pot, but don't really interact even when buzzed.
>Finally, the guy who organized things together, announces that this is lame, and they're going to spice shit up.
>Says we're all going to play the "Great game, glow-ree!"
>Have no fucking clue what he's talking about, and I'm not the only one, lots of views of confusion.
>But soon, everyone's pulled down their pants, and if they're not fapping themselves, Mike's wandering along stroking people.
>Then he pulls out a fucking tape measure, and measures everyone's length and girth.
>I apparently win, I've got the biggest dick by a small margin.
>We pull up our pants, and there's a congratulations, I get passed a drink.
>Then Mike drags me upstairs, bangs on one of the doors, a young woman, I think his sister, comes to the door
>Mike starts saying how I'm the most glorious person in the house, and she needs to fuck me.
>She calls me a fucking pervert (or maybe him) and slams the door on us. Mike tries to open it, but it's locked.
>Go back down to the ground floor, drink some more, pass out.
>>
File: 1503547033426.png (71KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1503547033426.png
71KB, 251x251px
>>55034262
>>
>>55034262
So which game is this? The one where you close your eyes and imagine shit you wish would happen to you?
>>
>>55034262
what?
>>
File: 1502824301838.jpg (53KB, 505x670px) Image search: [Google]
1502824301838.jpg
53KB, 505x670px
>>55033947
400pt tourney at FLGS, very first time playing warhammer. Had space marines from blackreach and not much else. Opponent brought Weirdboy, minimum grot squat, and two dakka jets. Stomped me and won the whole tournament.

Kicker was the objective on his side was a skyfire nexus, could have turned the game around if I had a drop of skyfire.
>>
File: Scully In Action.gif (966KB, 500x579px) Image search: [Google]
Scully In Action.gif
966KB, 500x579px
>>55034262
>>
>40k RT, first game played
Decide to play Orc Firewarrior, pretty much a straight Tau Fw build with a minor tweak (can't remember what, only that a gave up a good tau ability for a minor ork one according to GM. But I wanted something in my sheet to reflect Ork besides background). Wanted to spread the Greater Whag as an orc in makeshift shitty orange armor who actually believed he was tau. Painted his face blue and all that. GM encouraged idea, and was part of development due to my inexperience and unorthodox request. Kills my character off in the 23min mark, turns out he decided last second that the character wouldn't be a fit so he set up their death and told me afterwards.
>40k RT, last game played
>>
>>55033212
Similarly here.
It was like playing ffxiv but without the fun parts.
>>
>>55032771
My first ever dark heresy campaign, playing with an entitled cunt that could not bear the thought of not being in control of everything, the leader of the party and the only one with ideas. As a player, he literally stopped playing when we did not agree with his plan and went on to do his own thing.
As a GM he killed my character with invisible lightnings while i was at my uni getting my PhD
>>
>>55032771
Tried introducing some friends to d&d
They all picked pop culture references for their names, all played dragonborn or tiefling, and all went chaotic neutral. Session lasted 2 hours before they got bored.
>>
File: 1485651418216.gif (4MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1485651418216.gif
4MB, 640x360px
>>55034262
>>
>be new to the 40k scene
>put together a small sm army
>go to lgs and look for someone to play with
>eventually find a guy who accepts
>chat for a while before game
>he flat out says he cannot have fun unless he wins
>I make up some shit and leave
>haven't played a game yet

This happened during 5th ed and i still haven't played a single game
>>
File: 1382448317281.jpg (39KB, 650x751px) Image search: [Google]
1382448317281.jpg
39KB, 650x751px
>Forever GM during years
>Find an game as a player with good friends
>It's a Paranoia game
For people who don't know it go ahead and read about it, it's brilliant. The keywords being tongue-in-cheek humour, absurd situations, over the top dialogs and of course paranoia about everything and everyone.
>Never played it and know little about it at the time
>Game starts and everyone plays the funny side of the game, threatening jokingly about denouncing each other to the authorities for various shit
>I miss every joke because I'm trying to find a good spot as a player
>Get nervous
>Realize i'm a shit player with no imagination and wit
>Rest of the game is me missing the point of the game and feel bad about it
That was a rough ride. I'm usually not self-conscious but this game was disarming.
>>
File: Naamloos-2.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>55033947
>riptide spam
RIP
>>
>>55033775
What shit GM allowed this to happen
I wouldn't let this fly
The whole thing is about having fun not getting cockblocked by some faggot
I don't give a fuck if he can do it by the book, he doesn't get the right to ruin everyone's night
>>
File: 1496906119482.jpg (25KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1496906119482.jpg
25KB, 500x281px
>>55035733
>Gee DM-kun don't be such a buzzkill, it's only a game after all and besides. It's what my character would do! XDDDD
>>
>>55035545
First mistake, D&D is a meme game
Should have taken them to foreign lands where they had to learn a bit of fluff to make things interesting. You're still a brave anon to have tried your best, please try again soon
>>
>>55035733
>denying player agency
Shit DM detected.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (108KB, 680x797px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
108KB, 680x797px
>>55035743
>No demoman, you are the buzzkills
>Now stop being such a fag
Here
On a side note I kind of miss the sheer lolsorandomness of my younger days in warhammer fantasy when everyone picked pun names and fucked around for hours. We had some serious sessions but these were cool. it wouldn't be cool in a CoC game though.

>>55035777
Here's your (you).
>>
>>55035777
>Allowing player agency
That guy detected
>>
>Tried DMing for my friends who never had any experience with TTRPG.
>4e, thought it would be simple enough for them to pick up and play.
>Prepped a whole session of material
>Friends got bored right as the first combat began

It was my second time trying to DM...
>>
>>55033775
>>55033947
>>55034360
Among other things, this is why i never got into tournaments or "serious" battles.
The time spent preparing, fluffing, gluing, painting, packing your stuff is cool and all, but not enough to be frustrasted as fuck when you get into trouble like this. I enjoyed some casual play with friends a lot though.
>>
>>55035795
why were they bored?
is this because they weren't really interested in the first place ?
D&D is never a good starter game btw
>>
>>55035828

I don't recall. I think that it wasn't for them, the whole TTRPG experience. My time in Asia was lacking playing the entire time.
>>
File: deletethis.png (787KB, 1322x2528px) Image search: [Google]
deletethis.png
787KB, 1322x2528px
>>55033212
>>
>>55035860
Asians have their brains hardwired with videogames and are too pragmatic for games of pretend. Don't bother with them
>>
>>55035882

It was mostly white folks with a single local.
>>
This right here: >>55035781

I'm still fucking mad, mostly at myself.
>>
>>55035882
>generalities about a race
It fails everytime. My worst experiences was with younger lads who spent their lives with vidya too, they were terrible and wanted to gank every npc.
I don't blame a generation for this, i blame idiots.
>>
File: f6xrOKw.jpg (52KB, 610x600px) Image search: [Google]
f6xrOKw.jpg
52KB, 610x600px
>>55035815
The riptides were all unpainted and unbased too. Not that it matters much, but it added insult to injury every time I removed one of my lovingly painted and detailed little men.
>>
>>55033947
>riptide spam
>at 300 pts.
Is that even legal?
>>
>>55035896
Ouch
At least you stand corrected ?
>>
>>55034262
Wow. Holy Shit. This is almost as fucked up as the soggy biscuit game.
>>
>>55035707
Listen, the first rule of improv is: don't worry too much. Especially in Paranoia. So long as you don't just kill the other players for no reason, you're fine. You don't *have* to be funny, and trying to force yourself to be funny will backfire more often than not. Just roll with the group and do what comes naturally.
>>
>>55035707
Try having a few drinks,paranoia is a game that benefits from being a little mentally loose.
>>
>>55036281
The point of my post is that I completely missed the point of the game by focusing on going forward with the plot. The main goal of the game wasn't the plot, it was the interactions with other players. I spent 4 hours scratching my head in front of absurd puzzles, and being defensive in front of people jokingly poking me for fun. It was like I was 14 (i was 30 ffs), too afraid to lose muh character and playing like a sperg trying to follow a plot that wasn't really there ! I felt dumb. Mostly afterwards.

>>55036354
Meh. I just shut off my brain on alchohol. Every bit of imagination, gone. Maybe it could work for some people but I wouldn't recommend alcohol (or pot) during TTRPG.

That reminds me another terrible game

>Move in to a nice city
>No friends/players so I look for games at the local TTRPG association
>Find a game of Warhammer to warm up and make buddies
>Everyone is friendly, looks good
>Chill people (no minmaxing, some RP, some humour)
>First thing the GM steps down
>Says he's not prepared
>ok
>Another guy takes his place
>He'll improvise
>ok
>Rolls blunt
>fuck
>Ayyy you're in a tavern
>Ayyy on your way you encounter goblins
>rolls another blunt
>Ayyy I don't remember the goblin stats
>At that point I'm just waiting politely
>Lemme take some notes
>Takes forever
>Gives up
>Call it a day at 11PM
>Never contacted them again
>>
>>55035468

To be fair, that character idea is pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>Join new group for Dark Heresy over Roll20
>DM is constantly drunk as shit, often passes out before session is over
>Has to be constantly brought up to speed because he was so drunk last session he doesn't remember any of it
>Has a DMPC who is the little sister of another DMPC of his
>Girl is a noble and DM acts as if this gives her the authority to do anything and commands PCs when he wants to railroad
>He's also altered the 40k setting in ways that suit him with little to no logic
>There is no Emperor and yet the Imperium and Inquisition still exist
>He's removed every race he doesn't like from the universe, iirc Orks were one of the races he removed
>>
File: 1357778819315.jpg (222KB, 549x960px) Image search: [Google]
1357778819315.jpg
222KB, 549x960px
A game of Fiasco.
At heart, I'm a wargamer. I like the G more than the RP. I want to roll dice and shoot mooks.

Stuck in a carpool back from a con with three other guys, one of the guys in the rental car bought Fiasco and hyped everyone else up to play it on the ride home. I wasn't interested, but I couldn't really leave and I'd be a party-pooper if I was just sitting there ignoring everyone.

Of course, they skip over the War themed stuff, the police investigation stuff, the horror stuff... and they excitedly vote for the soap-opera style romance campaign.

Long story short, I don't have a positive perception of Fiasco, but I didn't look favourably on diceless systems from the get-go.
>>
>>55033775
lmao like a hyena here
>>
>>55032771
>V:tM
>All NPCs we interact with are DMPCs
>All of them are absolutely overpowered to heel and back
>All of them are snowflake mixes like a ghost who's also a baali, a mage, has three eyes, and the third eye is a gem of omniscience
>All of them act like bullies who keep treating us like garbage and doing anything that's not just bow down to them guarantees aggresive-passive bullshit
>At the end of the session GM berates us on how terrible our roleplaying was because we did not stick to the basic stereotype of the clan

That guy had some serious issues.
>>
Early days for me with my 3rd Ed Grey Knights vs 4th Ed Eldar

He an Eldar gun line, including rangers in 2+ cover.

I had one landraider, so I had to foot slog my PA GK across an almost entirely open board. When I got there he had an Avatar mop what was left.

I managed to kill the rangers with incinerators and one of my few GK terminators left managed to kill a falcon in melee.
>>
File: IMG_4243.png (1MB, 852x854px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4243.png
1MB, 852x854px
>>55034262
>>
>>55037026
That sounds awful.
>>
>>55037026
Yeah that's basically every V:tM game ever. That game's playerbase was the worst.
>>
File: GM_alighment.jpg (326KB, 1000x779px) Image search: [Google]
GM_alighment.jpg
326KB, 1000x779px
>>55032771

>Roll20
>Shadowrun 4E
>When the first session comes around only me, GM and one other person shows up.
>GM runs a mini session.
>Job is "get something from abandoned building"
>Second guy goes in via the back, I go in via the front.
>Time warp!
>Get send back into the past.
>Turns out that the building was a candy factory.
>Literally meet Willy Wonka and some children.
>My character gets mind controlled into reenacting charlie and the chocolate factory.
>Except the children actually die.
>GM says that the TN to break free is 4.
>Fail once, child dies
>Get 4 hits second time.
>GM declares that the TN goes up by one with every failure.
>Eventually the TN is just so high that I can't regain control
>It gets to the point where my character agrees to stay in the past.
>Gm tells me that he expected my character to have broken free a long time ago and just hands back agency to my character in order for him to escape back to the present.

No one showed up next session.
>>
>>55037262
>Turns out that the building was a candy factory.
>Literally meet Willy Wonka and some children.

I mean I'm sure it was terrible but holy shit did that make me laugh
>>
>>55037262
What goes through a dm's mind like this when players fail and fail again
They have to give up and concede the victory to PCs a'd nobody feels good. Wtf
>>
>>55032771
The dozen or so attempts we've made at 3.PF over the decade(s)

More time was spent digging through books than actually playing, even at level three party balance was fucked, and monster CR is useless for building combat encounters. And the combat rules suck ass.
>>
>>55037529
Maybe you would do better with FATE or GURPS.
>>
>>55037529
And you never considered another system?
>>
>>55037572
We play a range. 4e, M&M, OWoD, Savage Worlds, and Burning Wheel.
>>
>>55037585
See >>55037590
We started with 2e, Traveler, and WoD, so when 3e turned out to be a mess, we went back to what we knew. Then we found Burning Wheel, which has been amazing.

The most recent experiment has been Savage Worlds, which has held true to it's promise of being fast, furious, and fun.
>>
File: hamgalaxy.png (1MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
hamgalaxy.png
1MB, 800x800px
>>55033494
>>
>Join rando game at uni
>Everybody is also a rando, first time we ever meet
>GM gives the date we begin, backstory on the setting and the books we need to make the characters
>We retreat into the darkness of our apartments and discuss the characters over skype
>Spent well over 40 hours in making the perfect party dynamic both mechanics and roleplaying wise
>First session comes
>First encounter is a gauntlet that is designed to kill us through attrition
>"Oh no, your characters died. Ah well, there's still session left and I have a few pre-gens ready so you can continue. Just read up on their personalities and backstory quick like and we can continue the game"
>Translated to normal English: I wanted you to play my characters in my campaign, but didn't have the balls to make a DMPC so I'd just rather kill your own characters in the first session so that you feel like it's convenient that I happen to have these characters ready were you to die.
>After reading the backstories, which were all carbon copies of Conan the Insert Class Name with no self-awareness we just nope out of there

At least I got myself a permanent group and the GM guy is decent enough when he isn't running the game, so there's that.
>>
>>55037787
So did you start GMing then or? Re-used characters on the spot?
>>
>>55037804
One of us started GMing a week or so later and we used the characters. The old GM wasn't a bad guy, so we at least gave the courtesy of an invite and haven't had to regret it so far.
>>
>>55037787
>40 hours worth of character creation
What the fuck
>GM puts everyone in the trash day 1
What the fuck
>One-sided, overwhelming version of the story
Can't be true
>>
>>55034262
That story didn't go down as I expected it would
Not in the slightest
>>
>>55033494
>looking for games on /tg/
It's almost like you want to commit suicide
>>
>>55036691
Wouldn't know, never had a chance to actually play.
>>
>>55036120
Huh?
>>
>>55036095
>IwillMAKEitlegal.jpg
>>
File: Draw 2 keks.jpg (349KB, 600x477px) Image search: [Google]
Draw 2 keks.jpg
349KB, 600x477px
>>55033775
>Player J had used all his assets and background to be a demolishions expert. J had snuck out and used all his dynamite to blow up the car we arrived in.
>>
>>55036778
>>DM is constantly drunk as shit, often passes out before session is over
>>Has to be constantly brought up to speed because he was so drunk last session he doesn't remember any of it

He needs to seek professional help for his alcohol addiction.
>>
>>55032771
Monopoly.
>>
>>55032771
Worst game I ever was in was an internet pug game organised on /tg/.
4 out of 6 people showed up. 1 never interacted. 2 of them just fucked around. For 2 people it was their first time.
I realised just how burnt out on gming I was and ended up phoning it in.
Called it early and abandoned any continuing ideas for future sessions.
Nobody enjoyed it at all.
>>
File: Slipinwronghole.jpg (35KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Slipinwronghole.jpg
35KB, 1024x576px
>>55032771
I played in a bunch of games run by a guy called 'Chris'
We took it in turns to run. All of his games where FUCKIN HORRID
"Chris" you are a fucking piece of shit your games are a mix of MINMAX, all rulebooks and boring.
There is no difference if everyone has 18 in all their stats then if people have normal stats if you end up fighting monsters of the relative power levels.
Keep your magical reem bullshit away from me, you have shit taste in kink but I dont want to sit though anymore of your 35 year old kissless jobless loser games anymore.
>>
File: GlueonHand.jpg (77KB, 680x459px) Image search: [Google]
GlueonHand.jpg
77KB, 680x459px
>>55035707
>>55035795
Try again. It gets better.
>>55038983
Sad....
>>55037262
He did this backwards. It should be easier to get out of it as time gos on.
>>55037475
Sometimes dice are just shit
>>55033775
What? Why? What happend after that? Did J get kicked out?
>>55033947
I feel sorry that you are playing 40k on your birthday
>>55034174
Did you pay to play?
>>55035468
I think its quite a cool concept. But really you should learn to play the game first and everyone should be on board with it. session 0 and all that. Play somthing normal for the first game dickhed
>>55035537
>50 year old gamer
>Pulled this shit all the time
>Would cheat on dice and items he had
>would put his dice away and sulk when things didnt go his way
> Table talked to him and he says he stop
>didn't
>I left group because I dont have time for this shit
> later had a massive fight with table and left himself
> I already had a new group and was having fun
> Died of a heart attack after breaking up with the group he had played with for 20 years
> Died alone leaving his mother alone who had dementia
>>
>>55038983
I'm the same way, but I'm not an alcoholic. I just need to drink heavily when I'm running a game, because it's like I'm up on stage with all these people watching me and judging my work and holy fuck they're going to think it's all stupid and lame I need to take the edge off somehow.
>>
>>55043620
sad...
>>
>>55043620
I have the exact same fears
>>
>>55043747
sad..
>>
File: don't give me bullshit.jpg (125KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
don't give me bullshit.jpg
125KB, 900x675px
>>55032771
The first game I ever GM'd online was also the worst game I ever had.

I had set up a pretty standard "you start in the local tavern, waiting for your contact" semi-sandbox situation with several potential plot-hooks dangling around for the players to do their thing, but they turned out to be a gormless bunch of do-nothings who expected to be herded from setpiece to setpiece, didn't even try to roleplay, and basically acted more like they were playing a video game than a roleplaying game.

Cured me right quick of the notion to play with strangers online.
>>
>>55035583
good image
>>
Several VtM games where the GM not only had npcs doing anything important, had a mixed Sabbat/Camarilla party, and refused to explain what he expected from the players.
Led to me creating repeated characters that were forced into situations they/I tried to avoid by GM fiat.
I abandoned the entire game line afterwards.
>>
>>55043943
I dont really get what your saying
Explain/ Rant more
>>
>roommate got promoted to manager of local hobby shop
>Into card and war games, but knew nothing of ttrpgs
>The shop owner wanted him to learn them to better talk to and sell to customers
>Asks to join one of my games so he can get experience
>I create a session just for him to learn, something easy
>Character wants to hire the party to find a way to kill him as he has been cursed with immortality
>If they can do it then he will grant them how immense wealth he accumulated over his years of life
>Session starts, everyone ready
>The players are in a tavern sitting down to eat
>Bartender comes over and asks if they want a beer
>Roommate just stares at me
>Bartender asks again
>Roommate just looks at me like I'm a moron
>Bartender gets confused and leaves
>NPC approaches and asks what they are doing in this quiet town
>Roommate stands up from table and says "wow, roleplaying is actually for losers, isn't it?"
>Walks away
>Everyone staring at me, I'm stunned and embarrassed
>Another player gets mad and asks what happens next
>I'm so flustered I don't know what to say
>She calls me a pussy and gets up to leave
>Everyone else just kind of leaves
>I look down at table, never before having felt like such a loser
>Feel so humiliated that I don't run another game for awhile

My roommate posted on Facebook the next day that he was recruiting players for a DnD game so he can learn, stressed it was RP light. I commented, "What does light mean to you? If there's any at all you'll just get up and walk away." He just responded, "Are you mad at me for some reason?"

I moved out a few months later because I disliked him, not only because of this event. It's been five years and I've never gone back to the only gaming store in town because of this.
>>
>>55035777
>player agency meme
nice one m8y
>>
>>55044029
jfc dude.
>>
>>55044029

Shit sux, homie.
>>
>>55044029
Your roomate sounds like a total chad bro, you should have aspired to be more like him instead of a basement dwelling neckbeard.
>>
>>55044029
The loss of a "friend" like that is no loss at all.
>>
>>55044024
We had the mixed party, which is a recipe for disaster at best.
I made characters that were not combat monsters for campaigns that were repeatedly combat heavy. Hell, my first pc was a old, rich Ventrue that was very get off mah lawn and I planned to work via cat's paws. I had to wade into battle myself, despite being a strong social pc, because Vampire, and all the money in the world couldn't get me mercenaries or even hire thugs to fight for me.
The next was an Assamite that was all about clan and his mission, which was ignored by the ST at every turn. His modus operandi was being quiet, stealthy, get in and out with minimal bloodshed or noise. Everyone else was blow it up, make a scene, the masquerade doesn't matter. The last was a True Brujah that I found out months in wasn't even fucking True Brujah because the ST pulled a fast one on me.
I was mad as fuck.
>>
>>55044150
Why didn't you make a combat monster?
>>
>>55044039
>Enabling the core highlight of these kinds of games is a meme meme

Nice meme
>>
>>55044134
He certainly thought of himself as a Chad. He told me about the DnD game that he ended up in after my game. They were all playing level twelve adjusted minotaurs and the game started with a horde of ghouls attacking them. They killed the ghouls for four hours before stopping and then never playing again. He asked me why I didn't just do something like that to show him RPGs, as he thought it was a better example.
>>
>>55044232
>Wargamer prefers RPG closer to wargames
In his defense, that -would- be more appropriate for his preferences than what you had.
>>
>>55044273
I suppose, but when he approached me he asked for the full RPG experience. On my mind, that included any amount of roleplay at all.
>>
>>55034262
Sounds like a typical FATAL experience.
>>
>>55044306
Did you seriously never talk to him about this and rely exclusively on your own assumptions? As you revealed, to him "RP light" meant absolutely no RP whatsoever. You should have talked about that before you did any planning.
>>
>>55044174
I didn't think the campaigns would be about that, and the ST never came out and said they would be, even when pressed.
My Assasmite was good at combat on his turns, but not huge combat scenes involving a few dozen cops and SWAT. My attempts to be stealthy were constantly undermined by the ST, to the point where when I failed a check to feed, my prey turned out to be a hunter than had a submachine gun in his coat and opened fire on me in the middle of a city street.
>>
>>55044340
You're right, I didn't. But he had come up with a character game and backstory without prompting, so I figured I didn't need to talk to him about RP.
>>
>>55044351
>I didn't think the campaigns would be about that,
You had an entire first character get shredded for thinking otherwise. At least you left later on.
>>
>>55036783
If your worst game ever is being forced to play a system that didn't mesh with your interests once, you are a lucky lucky man.
>>
>>55034262
ok, you got me
>>
>>55044374
I hope you learned your lesson.
>>
>>55044421
I think that the lesson is that his friend is a moron.

It's a TTRPG. It might have occurred to him that those letter actually mean something.
>>
>>55044386
Like I said, I asked with later pcs, and never got a response.
The first pc, the ST just said Vampire, so I made an archetypal Vampire character.
>>
>>55044150
I always felt vtm was ment to be a quite RP heavy game? Not my cup of tea, but I can play that
You need the right people to play with.
>>
Wizard rape tower that was rocks fall everyone dies if the wizard didn't get his rape on.
>>
>>55044507
>I always felt vtm was ment to be a quite RP heavy game?
So did I, and I'm onboard for all manner of games so long as I know what I'm in for.
>>
>>55032771
>Couldn't decide what type of personality I wanted my character to have
>kept flip-flopping between extremes and pissing the party off
>GM refused to let me retire the character
>didn't just leave because the GM helped me out OOC in the past, and he told me he didn't want me to leave
>eventually somebody left because I pissed them off too much with this constant switching
>GM kicked me out in a desperate attempt to save face and retain the other player
Lesson of the story is, don't feel like you owe somebody anything.
>>
>>55044707
Man, what a dick. It's always interesting to me that our hobby, which is entirely social, attracts so many people that have trouble appropriately dealing with social situations.
>>
>>55044707
Why didn't you just stick to one personality?
>>
>>55044462
>I know the campaign has been combat-focused so far, but the ST hasn't said he won't shift focus so I'll assume he will
>>
>>55032771
Joined a game via a local RPG meetup. A D&D 5e group had a member move and needed a replacement. Ask the DM what niche needs filling, he tells me they really could use a healer type. Get told the level I'd be and the amount of cash. Roll up a life cleric and spend my fairly limited gold. Get to the game at one of my FLGSes, it is an unholy combination of 3.5 and 5e. All but one the players are autists of various stripes mostly of the weeaboo and "incapable of speaking without shouting" types. Group had finished an adventure last time and were spending the loot. None of the NPCs even have names, they are just shit like "Mafia Guy" or "Potion Seller." I was literally given 1/10th the amount of gold any member the party has and they are wearing so much magical bling they practically glow. I quickly see that I'm going to be a useless tagalong as everyone has crazy homebrew shit like laser eyes and demon wings. After 4+ hours of shopping for shit in the most well stocked magic item shops this side of Sigil the game session is over and DM looks at me and says, "Anon you looked bored. What's up?" I just didn't know what to say other than "I don't think I am good fit for your group and won't be coming in the future."

cont
>>
>>55045043
The DM then got super hostile and started screaming at me to the point that I thought he was going to swing at me. After a minute or so of it I ask him if he wanted to step outside and settle things and he freaks out and tries to get the store manager to ban me. The Manager heard all his bullshit and says that he's about to ban him for harassing people. I look at him and say my offer still stands and I'll be waiting for him at the smoker's bench. I go out to the bench, sit down with some 40k guys having a smoke and wait about 20 minutes for the fuckface to come out. One of the hyper-weeaboos comes out and asks how long I'm going to wait, he rode with asshole DM and needs to get home. I say until cockfalcon comes out and either has it out with me or apologizes. Another 15 minutes pass and dildonger tries to sneak past me by going out with the rest of his group. I see him, smile and say "Hey we got something to settle, don't we?" He takes off running like the coward that he is. I go back inside, tell the manager thanks for having my back, buy some dice, and head home from the shittiest game night I had ever had.

About a month later I see him walking into that same FLGS, on seeing me he immediately turned around and walked out the door. The guy running the store looked at me an asked what that was all about and I told him about what happened. He laughed and we watched him sit in the parking lot for about 30 minutes waiting for me leave. A month or so after that I run into the Hyper-Weeaboo that rode with him, he said after the incident with me he tried to shit on the other "normal" guy, got his ass kicked, and the group disbanded. Hyper-Weeaboo ended up joining a 7th Sea group that I started and outside of his Weeaboo-ness is an okay guy. I hope to find the guy that kicked asshole DM's ass and buy him a beer for his service to community.
>>
>>55044980
These were all different campaigns, anon, not the same one.
I think I shouldn't be surprised that everyone assumes everyone else is an idiot here
>>
File: 1492706852673.jpg (47KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1492706852673.jpg
47KB, 600x800px
>asked to run a game of pathfinder for one of my players brother-in-law
>"sure player, no prob"
>going to be my normal(4) group plus 2
>get to meeting place, B.I.L.'s house
>over the course of 10 mins get introduced to 5 more people who I'm told are playing as well
>thefug.jpeg
>now worried that all my prep is pointless
>took most of the day making extra characters
>when game actually starts, B.I.L. and his buddy are dodging any plot hook like it wants to kill them
>"I walk into the jungle", "I stab (quest giver)", "I thought this would be like skyrim" are common things said throughout the night
>tell my player after that this was stupid as fuck
>player agrees and apologizes, says he didn't know about the extra assholes
>ended up adding 2 more to the group and splitting the group into 2 smaller ones to do a tandem group dungeon with 2 dms
>still awful
>>
>>55045043
>>55045049

Shit like this makes me feel ashamed to be a nerd. Seriously the degenerates out there make allot of us look like absolute losers.
>>
>>55032771
Two players were on drugs, two more were drunk, and the DM was also drunk. We passed more time outside of the game than in the game and combat didn't even happen so it wasn't like 6 second rounds were happening every five minutes in the real world. I genuinely considered leaving the group because of this, but I stuck around and aside from the one player who is stoned every other session he's in, it's alright.
>>
>>55042710
Fucking hell please kys.
>>
>>55045267
>kys
For what part?
>>
the worst fucking game is the most causal PIECE OF SHIT GAME EVER AND ITS call of duty THE ENDLESS REMAKE OF ONE FUCKING FAME
>>
>>55042710
Lol so much autism in one post.
>>
>>55045043
>>55045049
Wow anon you're soooo cool, you sound like such a badass in this story that totally happened.
>>
File: it might be my fault.png (106KB, 398x373px) Image search: [Google]
it might be my fault.png
106KB, 398x373px
>>55032771
The one where it turned out I was the shitty player.

Or maybe my first game, that was just me being cringey.
>>
>>55036778
Inquisitor apprentice has absolute power over nobles. Show your insignia and have her executed.
>>
>>55045324
I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume I'm not being trolled right now and that you're just new. Don't mass reply like that. When people are trying to follow through a thread they don't want to see the same huge reply pop up on everything.
>>
>>55045466

>Spotted the victim of the the story.
>>
>>55045324
Don't listen to this >>55045523 faggot, anon. Giant goddamn mass replies and pointless ellipses make my dick hard.
>>
>>55045523
>>55045560
Yeah annon. It does not matter. Heck I see massive replies like yours all the time on tg. In fact I think its allot more organised then bloody replying to each thing bit by bit. Heck I would argue that making a separate post for each is autistic. not the other way around.
>>
Not a singular game, but I had pretty bad expirience with all the GMs in my new city. There's one FLGs, only place to find a group, and every single GM has this shitty attitude. They all get off at how their campaings are hard as fuck and how easy it is do die in their games. That's fine, I don't have a problem with challenge, but it's always some menial shit that players die to.
>running down the steps because the bad guys are chasing me
>roll dex
>fail
>ouh anon, looks like you broke your neck
>removing stones from that block the passage
>roll
>looks like you removed the stones in wrong order and one of them falls on your head
>walking back to the table with a beer
>roll
>you spill a beer on some fucking retard
>he takes you outside and obliterates you because he's a badass
etc. And they get all smug about it, laughing at party because "making retarded decissions".
I might be projecting, but I think that they are overcompensating for something, because the campings themselves are usually boring and mundane as fuck.
>>
>>55045599
Yeah I've played with guys like that before and the plot is never interesting and they tend to have a pretty loose grasp of the rules as well
>>
>>55037262

...I guess I'm Lawful Evil, then? I like encounters that my players can't necessarily win.

My rule in DnD is that, in addition to how the campaign is balanced, nobody should ever take an encounter with a dragon, beholder, or mind flayer lightly.
>>
>>55037262
>tfw Chaotic Good DM trying to be Lawful Evil
>>
File: 19789999.jpg (105KB, 400x345px) Image search: [Google]
19789999.jpg
105KB, 400x345px
>>55045415
>>
>>55035867
I remember that thread well. Good times.
>>
>>55045914
>being autistic
>responds with autism
autism
>>
File: penbeeninbum.jpg (185KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
penbeeninbum.jpg
185KB, 2560x1600px
>>55045599
also those games where 1 equals a major problem.
>break bow
>fall over in the middle of combat
>shit pants.

>>55045049
You sound like a prick

>>55045523
No, fuck you. Im not doing a shit ton of recaptcha. I thought it was for the old man dieing alone thing.
>>55037262
LG here!
Fuck all Chaotics and that NG guy
Respect all over Lawfuls
>>55045121
Don't sound too bad. Really for groups that size you should of jumped online and pull off premade and just started the quest like
"You find yourselfs in iron fangs tower, you are here to kill him. You have entered via the sewers and have to deal with the giant rats that live there. Roll for initiative."

>>55045237
Dont do drugs and game guys. NPC lives are at stake

>>55045348
Your just mad because your paws cant use the gamepads

>>55046193
I may be autistic but at least I dont browse /tg/
>>
File: 1490576396297.jpg (65KB, 750x642px) Image search: [Google]
1490576396297.jpg
65KB, 750x642px
>>55046330
The quest was pre made in the sense I had ran it before and had all my previous notes at the time. I had pre made all the characters a few days before. I just didn't expect another entire groups worth of people literally as I walked in to show up. And you can't say going from having 6 players to 11 wouldn't throw a wrench in your prep a bit. Especially when most of it is completely ignored by the majority of the players cuz they are kin or family to two chuckle fucks who wanted pencil and paper skyrim, so they follow their lead. I know a dm is supposed to run what the players want, but I had never spoken to most of these people before or even knew they would be playing until I walked in. I mean, the players were stranded on skull island caught between warring native tribes. I thought it would make a great one shot, but as I said 2 players would ignore any quest given or abandon it in the middle when they felt the need to test my ability to improv a situation( one of the players told me after the game that he did this purposefully ). If I gave them what they wanted and pulled shit out my ass, it put the other players that didn't follow them out of action. If I didn't the 2 would whine about being bored, and not having any choice but to follow my direction.
>>
>>55047975
Maybe you should of just got out a card game. Fuck running for 11 unless you plan for that shit. Or another player should of run too.

>GM should run what players want

Hell no. Gm should run what you both want. There is no reason you should be running somthing you dont like.
Im happy to play in almost anything, from slow you can die if you get hit once so take care to crime dramas to high fantasy to 40k stuff.
But if you ask me to run you better hold on because I run big flashy fighting on the back of a mile long dragon who is summoning flesh goloms made from his own scales to take you down before you can reach his heart to kill him type games. If you dont want to play that, then thats cool. But Im not running a different type of game (Setting is another thing. But you will be fighting a brass clockwork jack the ripper or a demon who will have extra skills depending on how much blood you spill on the way to fight him.)

I really hate min/max games though. If everyone has 18 in all their stats and the badguys have 18 in all their stats. Then you might as well play with standard array.
>>
>>55032771
Tried to get antisocial brothers together with a shared interest, TTRPG's
One asks if his wife can join
Guilted into letting her join
Hound them for 8 months to get me their character sheets
Tell them repeatedly to read the rules
First session none of them read the rules
Constant interruptions
Accused of railroading repeatedly
They make no effort to acquire information that would have helped in every situation they accused me of railroading
Second session is the same
Third is the same
I snap at the end of the third session
No one understands why i'm livid
I explain point by point how they fucked up or acted like ingrates
Gather my shit and leave
Get email from brother's wife telling me I'm shit at running games and GM doesn't have any authority
GM should run with whatever players say no matter what
Tells me she's not going to play anymore
Run the next session with just my brothers
All of them read the rules and apologized for not doing so before
Tell me they loved the jokes, tactical combat and outside the box challenges of the prior sessions
Agreed the wife joining in was a horrible idea
Been having a great time ever since
>>
>>55048202
>8 months
!?
>>
>>55037262
I tend to be all of those.
>>
>>55048312
My family is distant and I felt obligated to keep trying to get them to come together a bit

Makes it easier to help my brothers out if they need help. Also gives us all a chance to catch up.

They're also unbelievably lazy so 8 months while ridiculous is hardly a surprise
>>
>>55048202
>>55048312
Thats the most shocking part!
WHAT WHERE YOU DOING OP!

in the end its your fault. should of done session 0
>>
>>55048202
Forgive me for my lack of understanding, but how did the mere presence of your brother's wife completely annihilate their awareness and creativity? Like, I can understand she personally was bad, but how did it rub off on everyone but you?
>>
>>55048348
I did do a session 0
It was part of helping my one brother and his wife make their characters
I also used that time to explain the basics to everyone but no one took it seriously
When I told them all what to read to prepare for the game they ignored me
I gave them a character generator to make making characters easy and gave them links to two websites with all the information they could ever need while strongly recommending they ask me questions before hand.

>>55048352
While helping her make her character she made a ton of lolrandom dumb ass jokes while I tried to explain things to her and encourage her to read the rules because the system is complex
In each session she made a lot of lolrandumb choices and when it blew up in her face she would blame me for it.
She didn't rub off on anyone it was just that she didnt take the effort I put into this seriously, she didn't read the rules of the game or the etiquette section of the player guide. She was acting entitled, ignorant and inconsiderate and it drove me up the wall.
The one brother was enabling her the entire time by siding with her on every issue and giving her misinformation because he thought he understood the rules well enough from the one time he played 4e dnd even though we were playing pathfinder.
The others playing didn't read the rules. Once they read they didn't need to interrupt the game to ask questions about the basic function of their character or drag out their turn because they didn't know what to do.
When we got back together to play (minus one brother's wife) the one brother apologized for enabling her behavior and all of them apologized for not reading the part of the core rule book I asked them to read.
>>
>>55048352
She also has control issues so she forced her ideas/plans on the rest of the party

When her plans weren't followed she'd do shit like break out of stealth and walk up to the enemy forcing combat instead of going along with another player's idea.
>>
>>55033947
>300pt
Did you mistype?
Riptides cost more than 100 points.
>>
>>55048632
>Pathfinder
You deserved it.
>>
>>55048905
I knew someone would say that.
>>
>>55048977

Sadly enough I think annon is right though.
>>
>>55045599
>looks like you removed the stones in wrong order and one of them falls on your head

Something similar happened to a dragon turtle NPC played by a Co-Gm of ours. He kept trying to knock down a ruin wall, not terribly hard for an 8000lb Dragon turtle usually, but kept rolling shit. he rolled a one on several different occassions of doing this, and each time a brick fell out of the wall he was ramming and slammed him in the head.

It was actually pretty funny.
>>
I don't play D&D, and that's mainly because of my dad.

So a little back story about my life that is sappy and personal but needs to be said

>Dad moved family out from California to Utah when I was 7 to a town called Vernal
>I lost all my friends and now stuck in a ritter world
>Dad THEN leaves my mom 3 years later
>Mom was constantly crying, older brothers turned mad and salty
>dad moves to town that's smaller than vernal and we all have to go up there in the summer

So I had some daddy issues in a place where I didn't want to be during the worst years of my life (middle school) ANYWAY onto the story:

>find old D&D books
>brothers and I find them cool and want to play
>make dad our GM
>obliges, finds a beginner's quest
>I make myself a warrior
>my brother is an archer
>and my other brother is a thief
>I have one more but he didn't want to play because he's the oldest and was the most bitter toward Dad
>Dad starts us off in a town that has some strange activity in a nearby abandoned castle
>we get the help of two NPC's, and their only character trait is that they're "in it for the money"
>we go in, clear the first couple of rooms, and then go down to the bottom layer
>there's a bunch of guys with spears and shields with eyes on them
>we kill them and take their armor and shields
>go to the next room and there's a giant
>"you may pass, as long as you give me the secret sign"
>we don't know the secret sign

And now that I'm typing this, I realized that I could've said "well how do we know that YOU'RE an imposter?" And make him do the secret sign, but oh well

>we get in a fight
>we all faint, but the NPC's manage to defeat the giant
>dad doesn't tell us what loot they got
>we go down this hallway and into this room
>the leader of the cult is in there
>"what is the secret sign?"
>still don't know
>we fight but we're horribly underpowered for some reason and keep rolling low numbers
>we all faint and come to in a prison cell

(Cont.)
>>
>>55049149
It doesn't matter what system you play, a shitty player is going to be a shitty player. If they have no investment nor interest in even finding out how to play, the system itself doesn't matter.
>>
>>55042710
Naw, I'm a snowflake.
Must be most unique one at table.
>>
>>55049760
Pt. 2

So you're probably thinking "but faggot I mean anon this doesn't seem THAT bad"

>he tells us that we're locked in there forever and that we'll die of starvation and rot away with everyone forgetting us
>he tells this to his 10 year old child (me) who hasn't even played halo yet
>I'm confused as why he's doing this
>"hey I had a lot of MY characters die when I play" he says
>still don't understand why there was a difficulty spike
>I start to cry thanks to my autism and attachment to fictional characters
>get really depressed for about two days
>get over it kind of

Anyway it was pretty bad. I could take a loss like that now but it still seems really unfair and not a fair fight at all.
>>
>>55049665
>NPC played by Co-gm
Do you know what an NPC is?
>>
>>55049890
Last i checked there's something called a "DMPC" which amounts to an NPC played by a GM.

I'm just making the distinction here that it wasn't the actual GM, but someone helping him.

If you wanna get that technical, no character ever is an "NPC" because they are all played by the GM.
>>
Strap in for some serious auts. I'm only going over the highlights, otherwise I'd be here all night.

>DnD group enjoys Jojo's
>two of them get the idea for a super homebrew game where we make our own stands
>they both get to be DM
>we're basically playing as ourselves
>DM's stand basically gives him omniscience
>obvious wish fulfillment is obvious, but we go along with it
>session 1 ends up being a one-off where we discover our stands
>kind of an interesting fight, trying to figure out what's going on
>DM's character is confused because stand can't get info on enemy
>find and kill stand user
>Find out that he was a 3000 year old elf from another dimension
>where does he go with this?
>absolutely nowhere, never comes up in the main campaign
>main villain of the campaign turns out to be a vampire named "Padavona," yeah real creative
>basically go around our homestate to find statues and fight the main cast of each of the parts of Jojo or whatever, to then fight the main baddie
>find a mansion when our car suddenly breaks down
>PC: "hey this is kinda like 'most dangerous game'"
>DM immediately tosses the fight we were about to do, where we would basically be hunted down, and opts for a generic fight
>honestly should've ended the campaign there but we carry on through sheer force of will
>even later on we run into a 10 year old girl that likes to seduce people with her stand, that makes her look like target's dreamgirl
>honestly wtf man
>find old lady with hermit purple who leads us to the first statue
>she gets hit by a car afterward for no discernible reason
>h fucking christ
>at some point we realize how disjointed this whole thing actually is because pretty much all of the NPCs were one off enemies
>like these fights could happen in any order
>decide to bring back the twins who could bend reality within certain rules
>kill them in the second encounter

Stay tuned for part 2
>>
>>55049862
what was the secret sign lmao
>>
File: Newphoto4.jpg (12KB, 419x313px) Image search: [Google]
Newphoto4.jpg
12KB, 419x313px
>>55049760
>DADDY broke up with MOMMY WHEN I WAS 10
>I lost all my friends, they where the best, I was 7 so you know they are life long friends
>DaDDY Made game Too HARD
>SHOULD OF STAYED IN LOVELESS RELATIONSHIP WITH MOMMY
>STill GET tRiggeR WhEN see a d20

That is you, That is how you talk. That is your face.
>>
>>55049979
thats some serious projecting there.
>>
>>55049934
Is it a GM controlled PC with his own goals allied to the party and travels with the party like a normal PC. THATS a GM PC
Is it a background character not ally with the party and is there to serve the story. THATS A PC
If the a person is playing and not GMING then its a PC.

Not hard annon.
Co-Gmming is retarded
>>
>>55050010
My daddy went to jail for rape and died of a heart attack in his late 50's
I just dont wine like a little cunt about how he sat down and made a game for me but it was too hard.
>>
>>55050020
Regardless of your stance on it, Co-Gming is a thing.

Whats got you so buttblasted over some trite semantics?
>>
>>55050051
u just did lol
>>
>>55050051
>My situation was worse so suck it up meme

Its almost like he's telling a story about his worst TTRPG Experience. Like he's following the threads topic.
>>
>>55050082

Its 4.35 am and I cant sleep. Guess I get a little cranky when im tired.

>>55050116
lolz really
>>
>>55050129

Its okay fellow anon. All you see is someone competing for attention by pretending to be smarter and superior. By putting someone else down for their faulted past.
>>
>>55049943

cont

>all the while the DM characters are openly gay for each other to a ridiculous extent despite one of them having an actual gf somehow
>like extreme cringe
>run into a group of girls
>turn out to be genderbent versions of us who are out to get the main baddie as well but decide to fight us for some reason
>fight to a stalemate and go our separate ways
>end up become recurring characters
>get to the end
>prepare for high quality fanficky bullshit
>fight Padavona who as the ability to reverse time a bit
>teleport into the ending of part 3
>turns out the Dio and Padavona are brothers or some shit
>they fucking fuse and now we have to fight the fusion
>win via bullshit
>hinted at indian goddess shows up with plot device from JoJos
>confesses love for main baddie, who is currently dying
>plot device grants him a wish
>resets the fucking universe to become a god in the next world
>nothing we could do to stop it
>after maybe two months of playing along with this bullshit twice a week
>all our efforts to kill this bastard
>for nothing

motherfucker went part 6 on us

>meant to lead into second, less autistic campaign
>but that's an ongoing story for another day

I can't believe we carried this baby begging for abortion to term
But I guess that's what hindsight does for you
I wouldn't blame you for not believing me honestly, I kinda treat the whole thing like an autistic fever dream
>>
>>55050129
Na man. My sitch is better. Evil men taken from the world makes the whole world better.
I just got annoyed at the first. "I was 7 when my dad ruined my life thing"
When hes just another guy who hasn't got it really bad but hasn't done anything with his life and just blames it his parents.
But see above>>55050152 why Im being such a bitch
>>
>>55050152
>Early morning, can't sleep, and cranky.

Y'know what, fair enough anon. I'll accept that.
>>
>>55043620
>>55043747
>ha, don't worry guys, just because I get blackout drunk every night doesn't mean I'm an alcoholic, haha
>>
File: 1497767281900.jpg (72KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1497767281900.jpg
72KB, 700x700px
>>55050169
Is that not what was happening?
>>
>>55050224
>>55050256

> Evil men taken from the world...
apparently I get really pretentious too....

>>55049760
Fuck guy, if thats your worse game your lucky. Forgive your dad, He may be a shit gm, but life is hard enough and hindsight is 20/20. Im sorry too for being an arse. Im gonna get some sleep.
>>
>>55050172
Your fault for involving jojo
jojo is a nono
>>
>>55050172
>Co-DM
>Gay In character
My guess is these people are the "edgy for the sake of edgy" type of people. The seduction girl and dead lady kinda also give that away.
Your mistake was letting either of these people or both of them run your campaign
Also
>fucking DMPCs
Of course
>>
>>55050343
i went into this thinking it was just going to have stands, i didn't think it would go full auts and involve actual characters
>>
A game of Munchkin that lasted for way, WAY too long. Really bad card draw luck across the table and then bitterness spread as some people got angry at players helping players other than themselves so things got extremely cutthroat.

For the last hour or so people were all just muttering they wanted the game to end while actively making sure other people couldn't win. Finally one of my friends was on the verge of winning as I offered help, three of the players who had no chance of winning all dropped curses to screw over the chance of the game ending, I just said I conceded and left. The bitterness from that night subsided for a long time.
>>
>>55049965
You basically put your hands in front of your face but have your arms like a fist. One of my brothers (the one who played the thief, actually) looked at the book and showed us what to do, and we kinda kicked ourselves for not thinking of something so simple.
>>
>>55050392
they really are. one of them is actually suicidal and probably uses edgy humor as a cover for...
i dont know, we all know what is home life is like so i don't see why he does it
he kinda rubbed off on the other DM, so he's just an asshole to be an asshole
>>
>>55046158
so is the poster of that story a chick or a dude? real confused b/c they mention the DM hates gay marriage so trying to figure out why that is relevant to the story
>>
>>55050224
>I just got annoyed at the first. "I was 7 when my dad ruined my life thing"
When hes just another guy who hasn't got it really bad but hasn't done anything with his life and just blames it his parents.

To be honest I'm fine with it now, despite knowing more about exactly why my dad divorced my mom, and trips and things like that in my past are pretty fond memories to me.

I guess what I was going with by telling "muh tragic past" was that I wanted people to know that I just wanted to have some quality time with my dad, but his immaculate perception of the world made him believe that what he does at all times is correct so as a consequence my search for a good time always failed.

But oh well you already think I'm a faggot so what can I do but retcon my posts and walk away
>>
File: 1397456127062.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1397456127062.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>Got into a game on /tg/
>Was advertised as a knight game with a home-brew dice system
>Skim through the backstory
>Seems like a typical, "The world is being taken over by bad stuff that comes out in the darkness."
>I was thinking save the world while being a fairy tale knight
>Game starts and I quickly find out everyone wants dark and gritty realism
>Struggling to keep up with my horrible typing speed because we are doing both voice and text
>Try to be cautious but sly fellow
>Nobody is impressed
>Let an enemy knight flee a battle after slaying the rest of his allies
>This pisses off everyone in the party and the DM
>"You don't know shit about real knights."
>Get into large scale battle with tribal people
>Constant of "Bix Nood!" in chat as the army is discussed.
>I don't get it.
>Try to fit in anyways
>Nobody buys it
>Find a box of gold, I want to keep it because my PC is an impoverished noble
>Response is a unanimous, "We're knights, what do we need gold for?" and everyone scorns him for suggesting so.
>I continue to fail at everything in the eyes of the group into the 4th week/session.
>Take a session off for work related stuff
>Come back and find out the DM wants me to step down because I don't mesh with the group and they the other party members get much more done when I'm not around.

Felt like shit whenever I thought about it for a month.
>>
File: IMG_4282.jpg (71KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4282.jpg
71KB, 720x960px
>>55050468
>long munchkin game
>>
>>55050706
Ouch...
I love you bro. Dont worry, you played a role and it wasnt what they wanted you to play.
Fingers cross you found a better group.
>>
>>55050706
Never play with people from /tg/
>>
>>55050706
>>Got into a game on /tg/
This was your first mistake.

Never play with /tg/, fa/tg/uys are basically /v/irgins except they're somehow even more anti-social.
>>
>>55050706

The funny thing is you acted more like a 'actual knight' Then the rest of them. Spreading a message. Thinking about your wealth and status. Heck id not be surprised if you choose to take some enemy knights prisoner and choose to sell them back to their royal houses for their safety.
>>
File: 1455609465258.png (403KB, 714x473px) Image search: [Google]
1455609465258.png
403KB, 714x473px
>>55032771
>collaborative world with rotating GMs and overseen by two uberGMs
>lack of overarching plot makes retarded or annoying setting elements easy to ignore
>pretty comfy for a while
>then player engagement starts dropping
>one uberGM decides to introduce an overarching plot to drum up interest
>does nothing for a month
>player engagement returning on its own
>uberGM suddenly drops plot bombshell and has a popular PC kidnapped as obvious player bait
>cue pseudo-campaign revolving around anime tier super-de-duper mysterious assassin group
>each and every one of them runs on pure bullshit
>auto-win at nearly every dastardly deed they try
>players nab a few phyrric victories by blowing all their resources
>no discernable effect because losing is the norm
>uberGM sits on ass for months between plotpoints
>tries to introduce incredibly suspicious definitely-not-a-spy as his new PC and immediately botches it
>more time ensues
>people playing just to rescue the PC are getting annoyed at the eternal blue balling
>everyone else is sick of the world being held hostage by a shitty story that won't end or even progress
>a fewplayers contemplate burning shit down instead of playing along
>new players show up close to a year in
>only ones left who aren't gritting their teeth through every session
>no attachment to kidnapped PC
>finally revealed that uberDM had convinced the player way back when to lend the PC for a double-agent plot with the promise that the PC would be returned
>uberDM lets newbies kill PC
>veteran players pissed at uberDM and have no more reason to play
>not enough newbies to replace them
>game and group that's been going for years promptly crashes and burns
>uberDM refuses to admit any wrong and goes on to become a prominent member of the MLP fanfiction community
>>
>>55032771
All the ones that I've run. I'm not a good storyteller, and I hate every minute of it, but my group apparently loves it when I DM.
>>
>Collect Black Templars for 40k, prefer the hobby side but still play game with friends
>first time playing against one friend, 7th ed
>table is obviously too large, and on top of that I'm footslogging my BTs
>Termie Chapter Master, two squads of Crusaders, a dreadnought, and a venerable dreadnought
>He's playing Imperial Guard, two squads of vets and two Leman Russes
>he's using Forge World rules
>I'm fairly new to the game and naive so I don't think much of it
>Chapter Master and most of the squad he was attached to is immediately killed turn 1
>takes a couple more turns for me to be completely tabled
>didn't do jack shit to his tanks and barely killed any of his vets

We're still friends and we still play, mostly so I can work on actually knowing how to play the game well, but the game wasn't really any fun.
Kind of a weak story for this thread but I haven't had any REALLY bad experiences yet.
>>
>>55050659
It doesn't really matter if the poster is a chick or a dude since the DM was getting into it roleplay-wise. She almost certainly imagined the situation with the poster being the sexy female character regardless of actual gender. The actual gender is only really relevant to the specifics of the DM's delusions and how deep in the closet she's burrowed, but ultimately the important thing here is that the DM wants to fuck a woman and the RP factor acts as a layer of separation so she can >n-no homo. That's why she doesn't give the necklace and kills the character off when the poster brings it up -- she can't stand to face reminders of her gayness.
>>
File: william shakesman.jpg (295KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
william shakesman.jpg
295KB, 1200x1200px
>>55034262
>>
>>55050967
one hell of a twist ending there anon
>>
>>55048905
>>55049149
SOMEONE'S HAVING BADWRONGFUN REEEE
>>
>playing a goliath
>don't remember class, possibly totemist
>party includes an archer, barbarian, combat cleric and sorcerer
>party is hunting some kind of curse-oriented mage in the sewers
>finally find his hideout
>I'm really pissed ATM, cause I've been having bad luck 5 sessions in a row, can't roll over 6
>several times almost died to minor threats
>TWICE spend almost an hour idling while the party fought this mage, because he knocked me out in the first round thanks to some SoD spell and me catastrophically failing the save
>I'm pissed
>I'm royally pissed, I'm seeing red
>fuck it, charge into the hideout Leeroy Jenkins style
>everyone else seems to be really pumped for this fight, expect them to follow
>there's the mage inside, a huge armored guy and some witch
>roll good and insta-kill the armored guy with my greathammer
>so happy for that roll, that I don't notice nobody followed me
>manage to smash the mage hard once, then a darkness drops and I'm hit with something that severely drops my WIS
>next, my legs wither and shrink, I can't walk
>I try to teleport away, but considering my WIS is low and WIS represents perception, I figure I'm probably disoriented
>yes, it's middle of a fight; yes, the DM never said I was disoriented; but for me it was simply logical that you can't teleport around in darkness with perfect precision, esp. from a wide room into a 5-ft hallway
>so I self-impose a semi-randomized teleport vector
>by good or bad luck, teleport into the witch instead
>try to grapple her, roll 2 vs her 18 or 19
>she chokes me to death
>my friends, who were standing outside the hideout the whole time and never came to help call me a stupid fucktard
>recently find out they still call me a fucking retard behind my back because of this
>>
how do I subtly derail a DnD campaign? I am feeling uncedibly uneasy about the next campaign I am playing. my friend has invited somebody whom I would never want to associate with. I'll play the campaign seriously, but a backup plan would be nice.
>>
>>55053205
by talking to the other players and/or leaving like an adult
>>
File: emotions.gif (384KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
emotions.gif
384KB, 500x282px
>>55032771

Its not so much the games, but more the company that Im having trouble with.

>Dude A. The guy who used to be the main character of every game. The guy that used to drive us forward, be the local GM, the guy sitting up all nights writing scenarios. The guy who first of all painted a full WHFB army, the guy who all listened to.... Has degenerated to a mobile-phone-slave. Constantly sitting, not even being a part of the group as he's to busy playing Facebook games... Yea, its come to that.

>Dude B. The guy who has ambition in his heart, but laziness and a negative attitude takes over. Always complaints about everything. How all games we have always played was a waste of time etc. But once you nagged him enough to pick up a set of dice, you can see a light come to life in his eyes, as he gets really in to it, but as always goes back to normal afterwards...

Dude C. The guy who really wants to play, the guy who's really on about it. But never can play because of family and location. Sad to see a person with such fire for games, be dragged behind the barn and dealt with like a dog, all because of a woman.

Dude D. The guy who has it all, plays all time... Just not with you (guess he grew tired of the rest of the group). Has moved on, and left the group (no wonder).

And then lastly me. The guy clinging on to the past. Still loving games, and always will. The one guy who comes up with ideas and buys new games, the one guy who still calls and tries to fix "get together and events".

Its like the spark has truly died. And its not like its for a greater purpose, they just laid down and stopped doing anything. Dude A & B literally just complains about how empty their lives are. Dude C nags about him missing the good´ol days, all the while being pushed around by a naggy old wife. Dude D, you just can't get a hold of any more, but at least he´s living the dream. Perhaps its time for me to move on as well...
>>
>>55052882
man.
on the one hand, yeah, this is a series of increasingly dumb decisions that led to a character death that could have been avoided if you'd just communicated with the party at any point before too late.
on the other... it takes a real scummy attitude to just sit by and let something like that unfold.
i think i'd rather be an idiot than a bad friend.
>>
>>55052882
That is at least 5 rounds in combat.

They had plenty of time to quit gawking and attack. Stupid actions or not, they should been helping to start with.
>>
>>55053327
Yeah, I admit my decisions were bad and I take half the blame. I think there was a long time our playstyles started to differ, I just ignored it because they were my friends and any game > bad game. In fact, I might have been passively-aggressively pushing roleplay (as in "un-optimized play") on others , when all they wanted was high-fantasy murderhoboing. Since then, I left the group.
I guess I was at least a bit of a That Guy, so I partly don't blame them... but I could've really done without the insults.
>>
>>55053255
he is a hardcore confederate skinhead and im not sure why he is even playing. i was wondering what kinds of things would turn him off. everyone else is fine, but i was just thinking of playing a black guy or something
>>
>>55050887
This
>>
>>55032771
Song of ice and fire rpg, roll for roles in own house, roll Lord, also roll coward, gmpc is main character, gmpc is bigger than the mountain and better with a sword than ser Arthur dayne. Players leave after gm goes "I'll make a bitching character for you" new players all make characters related to gmpc. I try to poison gmpc, gm says poison won't work. After metagaming gmpc finds out I'm planning to kill him, apparently all our soldiers are loyal to him too, despite gm saying ooc gmpc wasn't plotting against me end up killed with Lannister dagger by dmpc, rage quit when gm offers to let me play gmpc

>>55032771
>>
>>55043620
>I'm not an alcoholic. I just drink to deal with my problems.
>>
>>55032771
Probably the one where the local that guy got pissed a character was leaving the game, so they chucked a live grenade into our Chimera while we were still in it.
>>
>>55053294

>Perhaps its time for me to move on as well...

It is. Groups are not eternal. It used to be the case that the people I played with in high school were my closest friends, but now with one exception I barely speak to them. However, I found new groups to play tabletop with, and with that new friends.
>>
>>55050706
>>"You don't know shit about real knights."

Obviously they don't know shit about real knights so don't feel bad.
>>
>>55032771
3.5, but it was down to the DM. First encounter, our lvl 1 characters were put up against a Cr 6 monster. I just shrugged and went off to play mtg with another group.
>>
>>55034262
Is all of this real? Because I just had the greatest cocktail of confusion and laugher from reading this haha
>>
>play monopoly
>everyone buys random land pieces
>nobody trades
>just 2-3 hours of throwing dice and slowly bleeding each other out of money

oh wait that's every monopoly game
>>
>>55035777
>respecting player agency means you need to allow That Guy to ruin your game
I can tell you've never actually played a roleplaying game.

Nice trips though.
>>
>>55055541
>first time playing monopoly
>everyone buys random land pieces
>nobody trades
>try to negotiate with friends
>they refuse every time because they think it's a bad deal
>not because they know why, but because it might benefit me in long term since I'm the one making a deal
>not even when I make offers that benefit them as much as me
>just 2-3 hours of throwing dice and slowly bleeding each other out of money
>still win the 2 matches that day

I refuse to play ever since, figured it would be the same
>>
>>55033775
> "After the explosion, you hear [J's character] laughing, his eyes look completely insane and vicious, his body trembling with perverted satisfaction and hatred."
> Add J however much insanity is needed to make him totally cuhrazy.
> "And that's what you get for being a dick to other players. Don't wanna play as insane? Make a new character, this one goes NPC.
> Wanna play as insane? Fine.
> Slip notes to him on what voices in his head tell him, or what visions he sees, let the players do whatever they want to his character now that they know he is insane.
>>
>>55044029
What the fuck? I don't get this at all. Were they just impatient because the first NPC wasn't the quest giver or a punching bag to fight?

He doesn't even understand that he was insensitive and unhelpful. No feedback, no clarity, nothing. What kind of autistic players are these?!
>>
File: 71LL56UW9JL._SL1280_.jpg (163KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
71LL56UW9JL._SL1280_.jpg
163KB, 1280x960px
>>55032771
JOE QUADRI'S ACTION TENNIS PLAY LIKE THE PROS

It's three layers of randomizers layered on top of one another with a bit of meaningless choice sprinkled in. And it expects you to play a full game of tennis, which is like 70+ rounds of this tedious board game. $5 overstock games are such delightful torture.
>>
>>55032771
>Beer Money
Creepy kid art for a game about a back alley fight. Each card had an effect but you were expected to memorize paragraph long, multi turn outcomes associated with each card. I guess it was more important to have the misplaced art be totally unobstructed than have the game be playable.
I couldn't even get through one round. It has become the "last place prize" at the friendly tourney my friends play.
I always come in last place.
The suffering never ends.
>>
>>55056335
He was mad that a character was talking to him right out the gate. I just assume he thought talking in character was embarrassing, so he decided to insult me and the game rather than look dumb. The player who called me a pussy has actually never played before either and was super excited to play, and was kind of lashing out at me because she could tell the game wasn't gonna happen. Bitch thing to do. Everyone else just left to get away from the awkward situation. I don't play with a single one of them anymore.
>>
>>55034262
https://youtu.be/Fl1anr6hBUM
>>
>>55032771
Star Wars game where the GM was describing our scene on Endor. He role played two NPCs talking for 15 minutes, and then proceeded to explain how the city looked against the night sky.
>the city
>on Endor
"So uhhhh when exactly did we get to Coruscant? And how did we get there if we were trapped on Endor because our ship crashed?" The GM goes quiet for a minute, then quietly says, "That doesn't matter. You're there now."
>no it's cool I just had soldier buddies on Endor
>nah we don't need to worry about the Imperial fleet you described overhead
>apparently the Death Star didn't blow up, or we didn't notice
>oh good, we fixed our ship with the help of the Ewoks, this won't end well.
I left after 1 hour of that bullshit. The GM Skyped me and asked me why I left. I told him my play style just didn't match (I was being nice) and I was withdrawing from the game. GM then ADDS THE OTHER PLAYERS TO THE CALL to gang up on me for being a prick. None of the other players agree, and just sit there quietly while the GM bitches. Finally I cut him off and say "okay well it's nice that you THINK you're telling a good story, but I left because I've met kids with Down syndrome and speech impediments who tell a better story than you do. If you want to be a little shit about it, fine, but maybe if you put some effort into your game you could manage to keep your players around." I hung up, and he kept messaging me, so I blocked and reported him to Roll20. Can't stand some of these young fucking GMs. The other players left his game shortly after that. I like to think he killed himself. It makes me happy.
>>
>>55053205
Fuck you. I really hate people like you . You are skum. If I found out one of my players thought like this would be kicked from my game.
>>
File: 1489411784449.gif (2MB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1489411784449.gif
2MB, 500x333px
Not as bad as most people in this thread, but outside of some shitty homebrew oneshots when I was in high school, the worst would be a M&M campaign I was in earlier this year.

GM advertised it as a fun Silver Age game - at least to me, I took that to mean spandex, death rays, giant monsters, that sort of thing. This was supported by the kind of characters we ended up with in our starting party, such as:
>The Incredible Hunk - fabulous muscle-man whose costume consisted purely of a speedo, and when not flexing in public his secret identiy was a Florist.
>Scrunchy - Teenage shapeshifter who could only transform into bright pink things.
>Singularrity - A guy with gravity powers called Larry who was a NEET up until he got powers, and was a fatarse because he never walked anywhere anymore.

GM didn't raise any issues with these characters, and in fact encouraged them. Six of us in total, adding on Ichor (liquid metal powers), Zephyr (female bird person), and Mr Tenebaum (Ask Jeeves becomes the Flash). Heck, I thought my character (Ichor) was the too serious.

As it actually turned out, literally every villain after the first couple of thugs was a edgy mass-murderer, with the GM putting on the same fucking attempt at a sadistic whisper for all of them. The body count swiftly stacked up to the point of meaninglessness. The main plot ended up being some conspiracy by people in the UN to destroy the world for unspecified reasons, and everything got solved by the GM's GMPC.

Add onto that the fact the GM couldn't learn rules for shit (seriously, who gets *six months* into a Mutants & Masterminds campaign and still doesn't understand how damage works?), the fact that every NPC was either edgey-mc-whisper or an unhelpful sarcastic, and a dozen other reasons, and it was a huge dissapointment overall. It's a shame, too, I had such high hopes for it.

If nothing else, it's formed an amazing checklist of behaviour for me to check myself against whenever I GM.
>>
>>55045049
Best story I've yet read today
>>
>>55046193
Still haven't worn out that tired meme in your mind yet, lameanon? Have you tried using your imagination?
>>
>forever gm
>one of my players wants to try gming
>i say ok what could go wrong
>he does not read the rules
>he does not make notes
>he probably made up the story 30 minutes before we started playing
>the story is railroad central
>nothing makes sense
>retarded genremixing
>no consistency

He also acts that way when hes a player
>yesterday we were playing a fallout game
>they find a room with lots of monitors
>he makes a lolsorandomxd matrix quote
???????
>>
>>55050324
Yeah I forgave him a long time ago.

Goodnight anon, even though you probably posted this a long time ago
>>
>>55050172
>Another player of said campaign here
>DMPC with omnipotent stand decided he wanted to be in combat too, and gave his stand an alternate Punchghost form
>TFW you're the party's Punchghost user and the DM tries to steal your glory
>TFW high rolls aren't nearly as helpful as low rolls are crippling
>DMPCs ignore their own low rolls sometimes for the sake of doing something cool, but the 3 other party members could never get away with that
>TFW THE FINAL BOSS SHOWS UP MID CAMPAIGN AND YOU NAT 20 HIS ASS AGAINST A NAT 1 RESIST CHECK AND HE JUST AVOIDS IT
>TFW they follow Araki tradition and kill the party's dog for no good reason
The campaign was pure auts 99% of the time
>>
>>55035777
>bullying a little kid in the name of player agency
:/
>>
>>55044134
>plays CCGs
>Chad

Have you seen those people? They're not even human half the time, lol.
>>
File: IMG_0537.jpg (30KB, 347x520px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0537.jpg
30KB, 347x520px
>Join a game a friend of mine is playing in
>don't know the DM at all
>first time I meet the guy I go to shake his hand
>goes "ugh" and rolls his eyes at me
>figure maybe he's a germaphobe or something, let it go and sit down
>first session he describes the setting and we build characters
>not!Egypt in the late 1800's under not!British colonization
>we're set to be exploring a tomb or something
>everyone builds their characters as foreigners, two fresh-faced adventures, one old archaeologist who's been doing this thing for a while
>"one of you guys should be a local"
>I offer to be a local who's acting as a guide
>"I wasn't talking to you"
>other three say they don't want to change their characters
>he says fine, and after we finish up with our sheets, ends the session
>driving home, ask my buddy what the deal was
>he's just as confused as I am, guy usually doesn't act like that
>figure he was having a shitty day or whatever
>meet up for the first real session
>"did everyone bring what they needed?"
>everyone pulls out their dice and character sheets
>"you can't use those" he says, pointing at my dice
>don't even question it, let him have his win and borrow a set from my friend
>session goes on for a bit, whenever I do anything, he feels the need to tell me what dice to use
>fine whatever, it's not getting in the way
>get into our first combat, some skeletons
>I ended up going first
>swing at a skelly, got a 16-17
>"you miss"
>ask if they're wearing armor, he ignores me and moves on to the next guy
>one of the randos, going for an Indiana jones thing with a whip, rolls a 13 to hit the same Skeleton
>"alright roll damage"
>call him out on it, he says "non bludgeoning weapons have a -10 disadvantage against skeletons"
>but a whip is a slashing weapon "no it isn't, next initiative"
This is 5e, by the way
>initiative works its way back to me, before I can act, he has me make a strength save, I roll pretty low
>"you slip and fall, next initiative"
Fucken post limit
>>
>>55044340
No, he should not have explained a simple concept like this to that mong. FFS, he was doing the guy a favor so he'd know how to do his job, not looking to help little lord fantleroy have a good time.
>>
>>55032771
Every time I've tried to game with fa/tg/uys it's gone poorly, so there's that.

The worst one was a Pathfinder game where one of the players wanted to play a female lamia and act out his vore fetishes on captured enemies and the DM totally went along with it. I quit that one after the first session.

Also had a guy rub one out thinking his mic was muted when it wasn't.
>>
>>55058339
please do go on
>>
>>55058339
Didn't mean to add that image but whatever
>at this point I'm more than a little angry, say to him "what's your fucking problem buddy?"
>this sets him off, he starts screaming on and on about "I'm not your fucking buddy, you're so disrespectful, you keep interrupting me" etc
>my buddy and the two random try to calm him down, but he won't stop screaming
>eventually just devolved to shouting "get the fuck out" over and over
>owner of the store comes over and tells him to stop yelling, he doesn't
>demands that I be removed from the store, still shouting, pointing in the guys face, whole 9
>owner starts yelling back at the guy, telling him to get out of his face, sit the fuck down, etc
>threatens to call the police if the guy doesn't leave
>guy finally shuts up, face beet red, and openly crying at this point. He packs his shit and leaves
At that point the owner asked us what caused him to go off like that, and no one had any idea. Apparently the guy never acted like that, and he'd been DMing there for years
Never saw him again, still not sure what I did to piss him off either
>>
I've never enjoyed playing with randos at game shoppes.

>Alright, everyone ready? The four of you are standing outside the house of goody Hortense, the latest victim of the skin saw man, the serial killer loose in town. The guards aren't letting anyone inside, but the local mayor has resorted to offering a large reward to anyone that can catch the killer. If you can get in there, you might find clues leading to that sweet reward.
>The fuck is this faggot Sherlock Holmes shit? I want to kill monsters. I take off my pants and start wankin at the guards
>A couple people laugh
>I attack the guards!
>>
>>55033212

Women DMs in general are godawful.
>>
>>55058856
Gonna need more detail man. What exactly did he say and is there anything you did you think might have caused him to spaz out?
>>
>>55058856
I swear I've read this in these threads before, but deja-vu aside that's what you get for introducing yourself to him as "BBEG".
>>
>>55056632
You're an asshole
>>
>>55050541
Arms like a fist?
>>
File: you_0.jpg (273KB, 440x668px) Image search: [Google]
you_0.jpg
273KB, 440x668px
>>55049979
>>
>>55034262
Reminds me of my first 5e game desu
>>
>>55049760
>>55049862
>that story
>your reaction
It sounds to me that your daddy issues are far worse than any game issues you could've ever had
>>
>>55059202
he just kept saying I disrespected him, I tried to ask him what he meant but he told me to stop interrupting him, I don't know if he had a personal thing going on or what, guy seemed unstable. >>55059415
I still don't get this meme
>>
>>55059433
>t.that guy
>>
>>55053548
Go all out, play a black scaled dragonborn that is also a bisexual bard.
>>
>doing normal gming
>let the players do what they want in an open world setting that i've prepared
>put a lot of effort into designing the world + the quests that happen in the world
>20 dina4 pages of stuff + roll 20 things that i've prepared
>during sessions try my best to engage the players
>tell them their options + they're free to improvise stuff
>get like half a minute of silence after describing stuff

Im not sure if im a bad dm or if my players have brain defects
>>
>>55053548

kick his ass
>>
>>55053548
Maybe he wants to have some fun, you moron.
>>
>>55058856
He's the kid whose lunch money you took in elementary school and shoved in the locker and you don't even remember his face, you're a terrible person anon.
>>
bamp
>>
>>55060075
This seems like the best explanation.
>>
>>55059433
Yes he was, but the GM earned it.
>>
>>55058876
>players who play RPGs without the RP
>literally unable to do anything but play murdermachines
>one of these is in my group
>he eventually """""developed"""" into playing silent types that only RP with their pets
>have to nag him like a motherfucker so he opens his mouth outside of combat
>the other guy in my group is like this but also gets distracted by real life stuff all the time
>third guy probably has autism and has to insert memes into every game

killme.jpg
>>
>>55063004
I once played in a game where the DM allowed someone to have a pet that was literally the best member of the party. It was a chicken, but built in Pathfinder as an eidolon (I think that's what it's called, I Pathfinder isn't my main game). Not only could it perform every party member, but the guy only RPed with the chicken, and we were forced to do whatever he wanted to do because without him and that godly chicken to protect him we'd get our asses killed.

Let me make clear that when he RPed with the chicken, he literally talked back and forth with himself, doing chicken noises. We had to sit and watch a grown man cluck and bawk in response to himself. It was surreal.

That game ended on session three when the rogue was so tired of being outshined in stealth by a fucking chicken that he pushed it off a cliff, causing it to unsummon as it reached it's maximum distance away from it's summoner, and we all ganged up on the guy and kicked his (character's) ass.

That group kind of disbanded, but I played with the chicken guy a year later. He was a cavalier with a horse that he RPed with. History repeats itself.
>>
>>55063213
>That game ended on session three when the rogue was so tired of being outshined in stealth by a fucking chicken that he pushed it off a cliff

Dude what the fuck?
Are pathfinder players always this antisocial?
>>
>>55063246
Our rogue in that game was kind of a bitch. He was constantly pissed at the chicken and had been trying forever to get rid of it. He kept asking if there were mountains nearby and kept wanting to venture to them, so he had this planned for awhile.

In that same game he had decided that he wanted to eventually prestige into the assassin class, which had a prerequisite that you have to kill someone for no reason. So he snuck into an old man's room and tried to smother him. The old man kept rolling twenties and kicked the rogue's shit in before eventually dying.

The DM then asked why the rogue murdered someone for no reason. He responded, "for the thrill." The DM then told him that he wouldn't qualify for the assassin prereq because killing for the thrill is for a reason. The rogue player was pissed. Honestly, the prerequisites didn't make sense anyways, as assassin's kill for money. Not "no reason."
>>
>>55063344
>In that same game he had decided that he wanted to eventually prestige into the assassin class, which had a prerequisite that you have to kill someone for no reason. So he snuck into an old man's room and tried to smother him. The old man kept rolling twenties and kicked the rogue's shit in before eventually dying.

Doesn't that call for alignment shifts? Why would a party travel with a guy like that?

>The DM then asked why the rogue murdered someone for no reason. He responded, "for the thrill." The DM then told him that he wouldn't qualify for the assassin prereq because killing for the thrill is for a reason. The rogue player was pissed. Honestly, the prerequisites didn't make sense anyways, as assassin's kill for money. Not "no reason."

Pathfinder.
>>
>>55059993

Could be that they have too many options and so they experience choice paralysis.
>>
>>55059993

>>55063803 and that an open world means that things are also happening too. A truly open world would have events that come to the PCs as opposed to the PCs seeking things out.
>>
>>55059993

>>55063803
>>55063817

If they're just standing around in a town like they have a dick up their ass, have someone try to rob them. Have someone from a temple guide them to sanctuary on the grounds that they believe the PCs are retarded and lost.
>>
>>55034262
I believe you. I've played the dick-measuring game freshman year with my roommates, and we hung our measurements on the wall so every girl could see.
>>
>>55053205
Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1362951971695.jpg (18KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1362951971695.jpg
18KB, 320x287px
Had my first shit game ever last night. On the way there, the other players were even warning me that it would be miserable, but I'm new to RPGing so I didn't really mind as long as I got to play.

I should've known during character creation, when he didn't even want us to look at classes before we chose a picture and backstory for our character before anything else.

The game itself was even worse. Just about every turn we were rolling con to stop us from dropping items and them melting into oblivion. Even the starting items, the only thing that differentiated our characters. I lost all the loot I picked up during the mission. Another player lost everything of value, including their best weapon and their fucking magic spell.

The amount of monsters he threw at us, along with the boss monster, would have been absolutely impossible to defeat were it not for one character minmaxing their weapon and another literally being just a healbot.

Exploration was turn based, and EVERYTHING took a turn. If one of us took their turn to open a door, the next would rush into the room to loot it.

No creative play was allowed whatsoever. We had to enable this spaceships engines at the end of the mission to send it into a star. I had an autonomous drone and a utility arm. I asked if I could attach the arm to the drone and get it to operate the control panel. "No, the drone is only for shooting things".

At other times too. "These guys are right in the doorway, can I close the door and crush them to death?" "No the door isn't powerful enough". "Do the enemies have to roll con to stop them from dropping and melting their weapons?" "No, they're used to it".
"Our DPS has to reload, can I use my action to help him reload faster or something?" "No, he needs to reload his own gun".
"Hey sentient ship, can you help us at all in this mission that you brought us on? Like push this derelict ship away from the thing that keeps melting our items?" "Nah"

so frustrating

mfw the whole night
>>
File: 1463944671916.jpg (65KB, 700x541px) Image search: [Google]
1463944671916.jpg
65KB, 700x541px
>>55032771
This one game left me with a horrible curse
>Be me
>I had a group of old friends I've known since college.
>We used to have D&D game nights almost every Friday.
>We ran a campaign where we were agents of an empire, defending it with pride since 1st level.
>We work our asses to keep it safe from the shadows, making sure our beloved homeland never fell to obscure but dangerous threats
>We are invited to the emperor's palace to be rewarded for our efforts, expecting land and noble titles.
>My wizard notices that the usual fancy-ass palace guards aren't around, having been replaced by better-equipped veterans of an elite unit we once fought alongside.
>No courtiers, palace servants, nor The Emperor himself, to be seen anywhere...
>Something's up.
>IT'S AN AMBUSH!
>Our party had seemingly become so powerful that we ourselves became the greatest threats to The Emperor's power, and had to be eliminated!
>We embrace this sudden turn of events. >Challenge accepted.
Cont.
>>
File: WhyGod.jpg (91KB, 762x1048px) Image search: [Google]
WhyGod.jpg
91KB, 762x1048px
>>55064865
>We fight our way out of the palace.
>Opposition is heavy, and our new enemy calls reinforcements
>Fuck that shit
>We escape through the sewage system beneath the palace complex, that our rogue accidentally stumbled upon in an early game
>We break through a small unit that was expecting us at the end
>We run free, the party dispersing and disappearing
>My friends and I left that game night feeling so fulfilled, so happy, and so energised that none of us would ever forget it
>But then... real life happened
>Life circumstances forced us to drift apart
>We never had time for another game night after that awesome escape from the Imperial Palace
>I've even lost contact with some of the friends I had the honour of playing with
>I decided to be social and try playing with other groups over the next 3 years
>Their DMs, their campaigns, their players... none of them lived up to the one I grew up with
>Everything's so bland, so boring, so... unfulfilling
>I eventually quit playing Tabletop RPGs for good
That last game with my original group was in 2011. I still miss them.
>>
>>55064323
>rolling con to stop us from dropping items
wat
what system were you playing on?
>>
>>55065040
ICRPG

The idea was that the derelict ship we were in was overheating or something, so we had to roll con to resist that or drop and item, which would instantly melt into slag on the overheating floor.

I "dropped" my boots one time, but my feet were fine. Another player dropped a ring from his finger somehow, and also a spell from his brain(?). It melted.
>>
File: BEEEES.jpg (165KB, 600x619px) Image search: [Google]
BEEEES.jpg
165KB, 600x619px
>>55032771
I've got one. Its not really terrible, but it could have been handled way better.

>Dnd 3.5 One shot
>Pretty new to DnD, maybe second ever session
>Party is a warlock, barbarian, knight, maybe one other
>One shot involves investigating why a lighthouse isn't running.
>get there, try going up the tower normally, but can't get through the trap door.
>Warlock does the smart thing and flies up there and unlocks the door from that end
>Dm isn't happy with this, but stays quiet
>get some loot, and occasionally find some books. Fix the lighthouse too.
>Technically speaking, mission done.
>DM forces us to continue exploring as if we care about this guys family we keep reading about
>There's big spiders, among other things
>Play along for the time being because our objective was too easy for a one shot to end on
>go through underground caves for a while
>Warlock is flying constantly, occasionally pee's on things
>Kill group of medium sized spiders
>Everything's good so far
>Find a talking chest
>Apparently, its a dude that was turned into a chest, gives our party an fire axe
>Seems legit.jpg
>Continue on for a while
>seeing signs of infighting from other groups, now dead
>Sucks for them
>Come across room filled with water, that has sharks in it, and the ceiling is barely a few feet over the water
>even warlock has to deal with this shit

And i'll be honest, i was That Guy here. I bitched for a while in my inexperience because there was no feasible way around this besides outright dealing with it. I was the knight, so that would mean taking off my armor so i could swim without rolling a -12 or something. I also didn't know the swim rules, so this didn't help. I wasn't aware that i had plenty of time swimming due to a high Con. It was in freezing temperatures though, so that was also a factor as well. Instead of being a reasonable GM and helping me figure out swimming, he lost his shit at me for not just doing it.
>>
File: Bee fighter.jpg (50KB, 350x286px) Image search: [Google]
Bee fighter.jpg
50KB, 350x286px
>>55065211
Anyways, continuing on.

>Slowly but surely our barb is acting weird.
>At the point where fort checks need to be made pretty often.
>Glad i took cold weather outfit
>Eventually run across a campground underground that's torn to shreds, and an owlbear
>owlbear is acting weird. Has a flaming weapon
>Beat it, warlock peed on it instead of helping.
>search the campground for a while, decide to rest here.
>We're pretty beat up, with not a lot of magical healing help.
>While going through the stuff we found, find a bunch of flaming weapons
>Apparently, they were the cause of in-fighting
>Spidey sense is tingling
>After a while, the barb goes nuts and half kills me
>Apparently, all these weapons are fucking cursed and that chest is a fucking asshole
>so party knocks out the barbarian
>Fist is still clenched around the axe, knuckles turning white, or whatever the orc equivalent is.
>Don't wanna deal with a tard strength axe to the chest again, so i break his thumb and kick the weapon out of his hand
>Give im a healing potion so it heals right
>Great, so these weapons are essentially useless
>my knight carries the bag of them and puts the axe in the bag as well
>Weapons only curse people if wielded, not carried
>To prevent another event like that
>up next we move on, and come to a cliff with nothing but water below it
>And there's a scrag in it
>oh great, wish we had any sort of fire
>end up needing to jury rig some shit with a torch and some oil
>eventually kill the scrag

At this point, most people were done with this. My story doesn't do it justice, but the DM was fighting us at every turn. We were railroaded hard, even for a one shot. He kept trying to force us into the scenario's in only the way he wanted them done, like with the initial trap door up to the top of the lighthouse. Didn't understand why we were getting pissy about being down here after having accomplished our initial task.

Cont
>>
File: Bee friend.png (944KB, 892x1021px) Image search: [Google]
Bee friend.png
944KB, 892x1021px
>>55065223
In the end, we find out we'd been playing a mission from skyrim. The DM wanted us to play it as if we were actually in the game, not realizing that invisible walls don't work in DnD unless its an actual force wall. He bitched at us for not reading most of the journals when it was fluff shit about an already dead family that got eaten by spiders. He got pissy at us for circumventing the need to go through the cave to open the lighthouse door. He got pissy when i was worried about getting into shark infested waters with no clothes on. He got pissy when we were complaining about the scrag, and then using a swan boat to circumvent the need to swim in the scrags area.

He has a very bad habit of fighting the party on anything, and won't budge on it unless its basically unanimously against him. He'll ruleslawyer heavily against the party just to boost his ego, even when he's a player and it would be actively detrimental to us. We only got halfway through it, i think, before all of us were just sick of arguing with him and the game dissolved.

If he'd handled it better, it mighta been fun. But his attitude mixed with the fact that we were a bunch of rando's not prepared for this in the slightest soured everyones mood quite a bit. The characters weren't made specifically for this one shot, so there was no real way to prep for it. We didn't know what we were in for until we were already there. And from what i hear, his campaigns got worse and worse, with worse and worse railroading until people just stopped.

I feel bad for him, but you reap what you sow.
>>
>>55065078
i'm assuming that was your first, but is that normally his GMing style?
i find sci fi settings significantly harder to GM just because the characters tend to be less...fantastic/heroic than fantasy, so you have to come up with more mundane solutions to things
>>
>>55034262
cannot stop chuckling holy shit
>>
>>55037026

Was the GM Ryan?
>>
>>55065304
Apparently it is. The other players that I was invited by and caught a ride with had been playing a different campaign over the course of 6 months with him. They told me some horror stories on the car ride over, here's a few tidbits I remember

>Started at level 1 in a dungeon, all their equipment was taken so the first few fights were literally fist fights.
>Equipment included the sorcerers fucking cantrips. He had to roll each session to randomly remember a random cantrip, and rolled message the first session so he could do nothing
>Eventually he found a stick, quarterstaff stats, but the GM wouldn't let him use the versatile trait so it was 1d6 forever
>They didn't get a single long rest over the course of the entire campaign. Anytime they asked if they could barricade the doors to take a rest the GM would say they could, but that monsters would burst in an attack them.
>The campaign was strictly combat only, the one NPC they met died immediately after giving his plot exposition.
>They only leveled up to 2 over the whole campaign
>the final boss of the dungeon was a level 9 wizard that was throwing fireballs like crazy
>He had teleporting platforms that would make him switch positions and heal every turn. When one of the players jumped on a platform to try and get it to teleport and heal him too: "only the wizard knows how to use the magic"
>The plot had them saving some noblemans daughter. She was in a cage in the final boss room and was played up to be a strong healer and they had had to collect 3 keys in the dungeon to free her. One player outright dies and another gets knocked unconscious trying to get to her cage. When they free her they find out she's a level 1 cleric. She casts 1 cure wounds before getting blown to pieces by a fireball and killed.
>When they finished the "campaign" the GM says that he's ending it and starting a new one in this ICRPG setting.
>>
>Guy we know is a chill dude
>Also very outwardly gay, which we were fine with
>He wants to DM, we think nothing of it

>First session, we're bounty hunters trying to scrounge up the cash to legitimize our business, build up our political power, fund personal ventures, etc.
>Contracted to go kill an ogre pair thats been killing peasants and eating livestock
>Guy who contracted us insists to come with us
>Yeah okay
>Halfway through the trip NPC undoes disguise to reveal himself to be a Tiefling
>Immediately starts aggressively hitting on our party
>We dont really think about it because spoony Tiefling makes sense
>Our priest now hates the guy because demon
>Lots of pointed insinuations directed at him, but we're having fun

>Get to the ogre lair, we walk in on them fucking (both guys)
>Wtf man
>DM tries to have the ogres diplomacy us into not attacking because 'they need to eat too'
>We aren't very interested in their point of view so interrupt them with attacks
>DM gets huffy and gives them a free round because 'we thought they were talking, but seeing you guys try to attack them they're going to charge at you which surprises you... 16 damage to you and you, NOW roll initiative'
>Uhh thats now how this works but whatever
>DMPC obviously upset because he wanted to hear them out, refuses to join in even though he's the guy who's paying for them to be killed
>Kill them both pretty good regardless

>Travelling back, Tiefling is sexually harassing us again
>Except the player the DM doesn't like, playing a city-ranger - instead he just keeps insulting him over everything for no reason
>Gets late, need to camp
>'Wait didnt we leave early in the day? You said it only took us like 3 hours to get to the village, and another 1 to get to the ogre cave.'
>Yeah well you got lost
>'How did we get lost on a road from a town to a city?'
>Your ranger is REALLY stupid
>uhh okay
1/2
>>
>>55032771
Back when Pokemon Tabletop Adventures was the hot new meme my group tried it out with a couple new people.

One of the newbies wanted to murder Bill.
>>
>>55065556
Why do his players endure it? Are they masochists?
>>
File: 1412806023601.jpg (38KB, 369x206px) Image search: [Google]
1412806023601.jpg
38KB, 369x206px
>ctrl+f vampire to see if a game I run is in these thread
>never shows up
I know I'll be in one of these threads one day
>>
>>55065590
He's their boss. (And a really nice guy in real life)

At least one of them also thought that his complaints/constructive criticism was going to be heard and that he'd let them do some actual roleplaying, but no, it was just constant combat and saving throws and railroading again.

We're determined to derail this bitch next session now

He wouldn't even let us heal or attune our spacemagical items at the end of the fucking session when we boarded our ship. The ship literally knocked us out and filled our room with riot foam to stop us from moving until the next mission, presumably.
>>
>>55065599
Your players are all hot-topic wearing degenerates.
>>
>>55065672
Clearly he's not that nice if he's such a terrible DM.

>We're determined to derail this bitch next session now
Have you tried talking to him instead? Maybe agreeing that the game isn't for them?
>>
File: 1206027744124.jpg (97KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1206027744124.jpg
97KB, 1280x1024px
>>55065573
2/2
>Sit down to have dinner
>'Suddenly, you realise that you guys have lost your rations! You must have dropped them at the ogre lair'
>I mean, we did a pretty thorough sweep of the place for loot so I dont know how we missed our dropped food but whatever
>All the players are giving each other the 'what the fuck is this' eyes
>'So yeah, you all have one point of exhaustion, disadvantage on all checks and saves'
>The ranger asks if he can try and hunt or scrounge something in the near vicinity
>DM rolls behind screen, pretty much immediately vetoes it

>Okay so long rest
>But
>DM describes the annoying Tiefling crawling into the preists bedroll
>Dude what the fuck
>DM begins to describe the priest getting raped
>Makes him roll CON to not enjoy it, with disadvantage because exhaustion
>We all stop, get into an argument with him
>Call his campaign quits (which was annoying for me because I put a lot of thought into my character)
>Go back to our old DM with him as a player again. Still an alright player but we never look at him the same again
>>
>>55065695
they have tried talking to him, this was supposed to be the session where he promised he would fix his problems with DMing
>>
>>55044801
Because it's about imagination and escapism. The other people are just there so you don't feel like a retard. I know the social aspect is important too, but not everyone feels that way.
>>
>>55045043
>"incapable of speaking without shouting" types.
God I fucking hate those people.
>>
>>55048905
Kill yourself, Mearls.
>>
File: 1502904817024.jpg (56KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1502904817024.jpg
56KB, 342x342px
>>55034262
>>
File: 1422308294771.png (120KB, 284x339px) Image search: [Google]
1422308294771.png
120KB, 284x339px
>>55033775
Protip for CoC: DMs should ALWAYS read the character sheets, you'll get very good at spotting players that only want to kill shit and/or blow things up.
>tfw amazing campaign ruined by idiot that managed to pack a flamethrower
>>
>>55065573
>>55065701
>very outwardly gay
obvious red flag
>>
>>55065773
I'm one of these, and I dunno about the other fucks. But try telling us when we're being loud. I genuinely am bad at being able to tell when I'm raising my voice. Too much time spent in loud environments kind of turns it into my default. I'm aware it IS a problem of mine, but I'm not as aware WHEN it's a problem.
>>
>>55035468
Snowflakes melt, get over it.
>>
File: 1499106804344.png (77KB, 417x376px) Image search: [Google]
1499106804344.png
77KB, 417x376px
>>55063344
>In that same game he had decided that he wanted to eventually prestige into the assassin class, which had a prerequisite that you have to kill someone for no reason.
Wait this is a joke right? This isn't actually an official mechanic in Pathfinder?
>>
>>55066458
I don't usually play Pathfinder, but he showed us the book and yeah, that was the prerequisite. It might have been worded in a way that made more sense, but I remember it saying you have to kill someone for no reason. Can anyone that knows Pathfinder confirm? I'm very certain it was the assassin prestige class.
>>
>>55066458
The subtext here is that the DM theoretically makes it part of some formal initiation or part of something else integrated into the campaign so it makes *some* sense but we're talking about Pathfinder players and Pathfinder GMs so.
>>
>>55066458
"no other reason than to become an assassin"

Which I assume means they should receive a quest to do so from an assassin guild or something.
>>
>>55066507
From what I know, you have to kill someone for sole reason of becoming an assassin.

Basically, you have to a willingness to kill someone innocent who has nothing to do with you. A good DM could make it a right of passage before joining the guild/gaining the personal blessing of the Angel of Death.

Finding some random guy and smothering him to death seems like it would more than fit the criteria.
>>
>>55066602
Though in game motivations wouldn't make sense. You'd have to kill for no reason, because your character wouldn't have meta knowledge. It couldn't be a thievery or anything, because then you killed for a specific reason. So without the GM having someone task you to do it to join an assassin's guild, it really is just for "no reason."
>>
>>55066637
Becoming an assassin is a valid reason.
>>
>>55066666
But why would your character be like "I need to kill to become an assassin!"? I guess he could say it's training or something, but I can't really think of anything better. Basically it's like joining the dark brotherhood in Oblivion.
>>
>>55066697
They could get a quest from an assassin's guild.
>>
>>55066717
I was speaking as if the DM didn't do that for you.
>>
>>55066507
>>55066514
>>55066556
So, it seems the intent of 'no other reason than to become an assassin' allows the DM to present an in-story opportunity rather than the player just meta-ly killing a dude. That makes sense if the character's trying to join an organization.

It could even make sense if the player wants to be a self-employed assassin. They could just work with the DM to do a 'my first assassin gig' session. They would kill the target with the class features they have now and if they succeed, get the new Assassin level.
>>
>>55066763
Why not work with the DM instead of trying to be an autonomous PC?
>>
>>55066697
>>55066717
Yeah but it sounds like from all the context the dude just sprang on the DM "I'M GOING TO KILL THIS GUY TO GET A LEVEL IN ASSASSIN"
Which is pretty certainly not a sensible in-setting representation of the player learning the skills of an Assassin prestige class.

Sure he could have gotten the Assassin's Association to haze him but it sounds much more like he was looking for an excuse to murder people as opposed to fulfilling a character ambition that had been discussed with the DM.
>>
>>55066775
>>55066780
Yeah, working with the GM is clearly what to do. In the anons story above that clearly didn't happen.
>>
>>55053548
Just tell everybody "Hey [skinhead's name] js a skinhead. And I didn't sign up to hang out with a Nazi. He doesn't have to leave but if he stays Im going to leave."
>>
>>55053548
>im not sure why he is even playing
Probably to have fun you autist.
>>
>>55066697
Because maybe it has the set of skills you need in the most easy to get package, and the only thing you need to do is what you already do. Off people you don't care about.

Murderhobo's don't need a reason.
>>
>>55067277
Murder hobos do it for greed.
>>
>>55067292
Their called murderhobo's anon. They just want to kill. The loot is just a neat bonus.
>>
I've only ever had great gaming stories.
>>
>>55065579
He wanted to Kill Bill.
>>
File: 1476562192152.png (51KB, 324x246px) Image search: [Google]
1476562192152.png
51KB, 324x246px
>>55065573
>we thought they were talking, but seeing you guys try to attack them they're going to charge at you which surprises you
What
>>
>>55066514
To be fair, killing someone for no reason other than to become an assassin is a a much more tangible way to show than as evil than just alignment.

You instantly know that all assassins are evil in a way that is more visceral than just a tickbox on a character sheet.
>>
>1 year into 40k.
>Guard boy on a min wage salary.
>Put whay money I had into my guard.
>Want to start Blood Angels for fun of painting something different.
>Go to gw. Paint some of my new scouts (I really like scouts for some reason)
>Dude comes in and wants to play. Only brought a few guard squads, a chimera and the scouts.
>He brings min-maxed eldar force.
>acts all friendly with me, I do back. I know im gonna get shit stomped, but its for fun so who gives a fuck, right?
>start forming points and what not.
>other guy turns into full tourny autist here to play for that fucking trophy.
>Turn 1, cant find my flamer template, duck down into my pack, to retrieve a secondary template.
>"excuse me, sir. You are to have all your materials ready for a game"
>look up him, "uh. Okay."
>even gw staff was confused
>get tabled by turn 3.
>acts like he won thay tournament.
>dont even talk to the fucker now.

How do you go from "hey man, lets have a friendly to test this lost" to "im here to rekt ur boi pussy."
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.