[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for a couple quick answers /tg/ regarding science and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: Wesp1.jpg (26KB, 356x254px) Image search: [Google]
Wesp1.jpg
26KB, 356x254px
Looking for a couple quick answers /tg/ regarding science and stuff. In a campaign right now, and theres a small mission / task to take care of removal of a bee infestation. I don't have smokesticks or anything similar, but what I do have is a high powered speaker with variable volume and frequency. What would then be the minimum decibels I'd need to kill the bees with sound alone? Also for future development I'll be turning it into an LRAD, and was wondering exactly how much force would come out if I were able to get it to play sound at 200-300 db. Thanks /tg/
>>
>>55031190
Found this:
>focused ultrasound can be used to kill insects.
>Here is a Chinese patent that does that. Note the translation from Chinese to English is awkward, but the invention's function becomes clear. "Ultrasonic generator (1) is provided on the front panel power switch (7), the power indicator (8), the frequency adjustment knob (9), power adjustment knob (10), ultrasonic output socket (11). Use the knob to adjust the frequency difference between the two ultrasonic frequency range suitable for use, according to the size of insects killed by properly adjusting power adjustment knob. Work ultrasonic generator and ultrasonic generating two different frequencies, the frequency difference of the two desired resonant frequency, then the focused ultrasonic transducer can be electric oscillation generator is converted to mechanical oscillations, which produce ultrasonic waves and ultrasound focusing in a range of two ultrasonic certain angle space propagation in air and encounter, both high-frequency and low-frequency sound effect, between the high frequency sound waves are combined, the area A in Figure 2 , low-frequency sound is the difference between the frequency, i.e. the area B in Figure 2, high-frequency sound waves attenuate rapidly in air, when the frequency of the low frequency sound wave frequency in accordance with wings pest or respiratory frequency will resonate, thereby destroying vermin Wings of muscle tissue and respiratory system. So as to achieve the purpose of insecticide.

>The idea is to cause the insect's abdomen, for instance, to vibrate so strongly that it explodes, killing the insect. One way of doing this would be to generate an acoustic field that sweeps across a range of frequencies, from say, 40 kHz to 200 kHz, just as the above patent does. When the applied acoustic pressure waves resonate with the insect's body those bodily structures vibrate themselves into destruction.
>>
>>55031545
Do you happen to know how loud (in db) the device would have to play or is that not as large an issue?
>>
File: dinnertime.jpg (36KB, 634x348px) Image search: [Google]
dinnertime.jpg
36KB, 634x348px
>>55031190
Did you say bees?
>>
>>55031749
BEADS
>>
File: 1503170438060.png (91KB, 1733x507px) Image search: [Google]
1503170438060.png
91KB, 1733x507px
>>55031711
Not my field, so I'm going to bullshit guess. 160 db bursts eardrums, which are tissues roughly the size of bees. That seems to assume a distance of one meter to the source.

>In acoustics, the sound pressure of a spherical wavefront radiating from a point source decreases by 50% as the distance r is doubled; measured in dB, the decrease is still 6.02 dB, since dB represents an intensity ratio. The pressure ratio (as opposed to power ratio) is not inverse-square, but is inverse-proportional (inverse distance law)

If I'm getting this right, 300 dbs actually gives you some range of tens of meters. But your ears can't be inside that field/beam and even protected they will acumulate chronic damage. If it helps, I read that a LRAD adjusted for 120 db and 100 feet is lethal if someone stands at 10 feet. While I loathe saying this, your answer may lie outside /tg/, perhaps in /k/ or /sci/. I would go to /k/ first as they're more /tg/ friendly and may discuss insane weapons. Pic related.

Can't you simply use fire against them?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.