[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern college game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: received_466448873730752.jpg (98KB, 1201x2048px) Image search: [Google]
received_466448873730752.jpg
98KB, 1201x2048px
Allright guys i need help, I'm starting a game in a modern college setting and need ideas.
Eventually it will lead to cool stuff i just don't know how to do the college part. Any ideas?
>>
Gender identity-based class system.
>>
The idea is more 90s culture college with modern technology.
None of that ideology liberal crud.
>>
You know going to class going to parties and all that jazz.
It will eventually go into horror then sci-fi but not until after a few sessions just to mess with the PC's who think it's a modern game
>>
>>55025490
Soooo, Monster Hearts or Masks?
>>
>>55025468
What system are you planning on using?

I recommend MonsterHearts
>>
>>55025490
I want to play a Genderfluid Changeling with access to Ace abjuration magics.
>>
>>55025468
You'll need to have a mechanism for peer popularity/social status as a seperate rating from the character's social standing and charisma.
It's possible to be someone that adults view as a "good kid" through being studious and polite, yet is viewed as "most likely to become school shooter" by the other students...
>>
>>55025468
First off, have every player ID what they're major is (if any) and why they are going to college. Really dig into the kind of person they are, especially hobbies or passions or off time stuff. This should spare you from the short hand 'i'm the goth' type shit as well as give a barometer of what you may need to reference as far as classes and shit.

As far as parties, ID if they have any friends or social spheres outside of the party, this will give a rough idea of what they can get into and how they'll be received.

Living situations are also important, as it's the out of class time that they plot has room to work; so figure out if they're dormrats or if they have something else arranged.

Finally,don't be afraid to humanize your shit, most college students are just out of high school and not terribly good at living as adults. Play with that, give them some complicated shit to live through like a neighbor who is a camwhore or a drug addict, or maybe some mistake goes down because one doesn't know how to cook or drive. You can use this simple shit to serve as a foil for the real plot.

Those are just off the top of my head, if I knew more I could give more.
>>
>>55025468
Do it like it works in some european colleges/universities: have studens pay money to retake tests they fail.

Then have an oportunity for a mini adventure to try to get the jock/barbarian/whatever to pass. Sneak away and steal a test beforehand, sweettalk an employee, actually get him to study, I dunno. Actually, make it so everyone has to put time away to study, and figgure out a way for that to affect their test outcome. Then penalize them monetarily if they fail, or give bonus lore/knowledge if they succeed well enough. They'll hate it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.