[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Runewars Miniatures Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: rwm01_layout.png (478KB, 700x380px) Image search: [Google]
rwm01_layout.png
478KB, 700x380px
What went right? What went wrong?
>>
>>55022334
>right
Mass infantry battle with x wing rules for normalfags.
>wrong
Ffg.
>>
>>55022334
>Movement templates
>Multiple types of proprietary polyhedral dice
These things automatically make me not play a game.
>>
>>55022527
this
>>
>>55022527
>>55022535
It works fine for x-wing desu
>>
>>55022571
Xwing is star wars. You could have had the rules written by a 5 year old and it would have still done well.

Because a game is famous for something else, does not mean the templates (which it's not famous for) would bring in the same business in a generic fantasy game trying desperately to grab the disgruntled fantasy players
>>
>>55022571
I don't play that either.
>>
while i like the mini's style they are pretty low tier miniatures and they cost a lot.
>>
>>55022334

Shitty plastics
>>
>>55022334
>What went right?
pandering to fantasy grogrnards
>What went wrong?
pandering to fantasy grogrnards
>>
>>55024697
>>55024686
Imperial Assault models are the worst miniatures I ever bought desu. Do they want to use same technique for Legion models?
>>55024173
>Because a game is famous for something else, does not mean the templates (which it's not famous for) would bring in the same business in a generic fantasy game trying desperately to grab the disgruntled fantasy players
But what's wrong with the template system in RMG? The x-wing one is easy, quick to use and fun in such type of game.
>>
>>55022334
>What wen right?
- Sculpts: The sculpts are decent but kind of unispired. Golem and worm rule.
- Activation: Action wheel and initiative is well done and fun.
Dice: Mechanics are good.

>What went wrong? (Oh, boy!)
- Miniatures: Material is the worst. Every miniature is bend. Details are almost OK.
- Movemet Trays: Fiddly as fuck. There is no way seperating them without knocking off every single miniature.
- Movement templates: Impossible to use on terrain. Limiting the flexibility hard.
- Terrain: Can´t use terrain because it fucks up the game. You have to use 2d terrain. This is a big deal for most wargamer.
-Lore: What lore? Most unispired and generic world ever.
- Cost: Way too expensive for those shitty miniatures. Price for the starter is fine however.
- Rules: You can´t just buy them. You have to buy miniatures to get single rule cards to use with other miniatures. There is no other way getting them. You will end up having every miniature you didn´t even want to buy, if you want every rule. You have to buy them multible times if you want more copies of that card to play at official FFG events.
- Factions: 4 factions are the absolute minimum for variety.
>>
>>55025940
>Do they want to use same technique for Legion models?

Sadly, yes.
>>
>>55026184
Then dropped. Their model-making technology works well for x-wing but I'm not gonna pay for such shitty models anymore. It would be like painting GW kits from 2004 all over again
>>
>>55026184
>>55028802

They're going for the RuneWars model, not the Imperial Assault. The minis look just fine.
>>
>>55022334
>All the fun of a Wargame without all the fun of a Wargame
>>
>>55026125
>- Movement templates: Impossible to use on terrain. Limiting the flexibility hard.
>- Terrain: Can´t use terrain because it fucks up the game. You have to use 2d terrain. This is a big deal for most wargamer.
See this is the problem I foresaw that everyone i talked to didn't. To play this game you have to either make your table so sparse of terrain it's almost barren, or all your terrain are cutout pieces of felt labeled what they are. I love big decorated dynamic tables, and this game is not conducive to that. It's depressing really. It's like they took one of the worst parts of whfb and made it even worse.
>-Lore: What lore? Most unispired and generic world ever.
This is another big deal for me. Say what you want about how wild over the top and goofy AoS' setting is, it's at least trying to be unique, and I can respect it for that. KoW suffers from the same condition. Granted they are fleshing it all out, but they are just fleshing out still another generic fantasy tolkien ripoff setting.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.