[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The "Girl" problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 31

File: mastermind.jpg (115KB, 605x597px) Image search: [Google]
mastermind.jpg
115KB, 605x597px
Many of us know of this problem, have a group which has good dynamics, introduce a girl to the group and the chemistry changes for the worse, as multiple people who are usually fine change their behavior and become more quiet, or obnoxious.
What is the solution?
Having a girl join the group and hoping the other players "get back to normal"?
Ban girls from joining a group?
Some kind of other solution?
>>
There are two easy solutions
>quit playing with sperglords
And
>if she flirts, she has to put out.
There, problem solved.
>>
>>55017668
dont be idiots and get rid of people you dont like, screw manners
>>
Will the mods clean up /tg/ and ban shitposters just like they did on /a/? I sure hope so.
>>
>>55017677
How do I find non sperglords to play with?
>>
Only let ugly girls play
>>
File: question.png (179KB, 322x452px) Image search: [Google]
question.png
179KB, 322x452px
>>55017700
I'm not shitposting, are you telling me you have never had the problem of a girl shows up to a session, and one or multiple of your players become a lot more quiet and subdued?
I'm not joking, I am legitimately asking.
>>
>>55017707
Ironically, my online table is WAAAAY less 'spergy than my IRL table.
>>
>>55017707
Get a female friend. Introduce prospective sperg players to her during session zero. If they sperg, throw them the fuck out. Alternatively, only get players who have ,or have had in the past, a long term relationship. Play with gay boys, diverting all attention to yourself.
>>
>>55017668
Don't play with spergs that can't handle being around women.
>>
File: 1503386890337.png (98KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1503386890337.png
98KB, 612x491px
>>55017773
>>55017757
>>55017677
Where do you guys live that you have piles of potential players and can weed out ones you want vs ones you don't? I literally know one guy into pen and paper games from highschool and he lives an hour away
>>
>>55017668
After some friends moved away, my in-person group is literally 50% girls atm. Never had a group who twinge out because "gurls" before.

Talk to the people acting out and point it out to them, people change when you introduce them to situations they're not used to.

Give them and yourself time and once you learn that girls won't bite, you would've made yourselves better people gaming-wise and social-wise. I'd also invite more girls to the table so they're more used to it.
>>
>>55017732
Most of the groups I've played in have had female players, both the vagina kind and the feminine penis kind. Never had a problem with sperging. Of course, they're all total sluts, the men and women, so maybe it's just because we were all fucking?
>>
>>55017814
In a city. Sorry rural anon, I know that life can be suffering. Just remember that it's worth it for the four wheelers, guns, and giant barbecues.
>>
>>55017814
this was my mentality a few years back

try not living under a rock and socialize, use the social tools available to you, if all else fails go teach some friends/co-workers how to play

i started teaching folks D&D at a local library last year and it spread like wildfire
>>
I've had a couple of girls in my games. The first time was in High School and it was bad. I ended up having to talk to her and let her know that nobody would be mad at her for quitting, especially since two of the players were making her very uncomfortable.

The second was years later, we made sure everyone in the group was over 21, and it went great. We only stopped because of real life getting in the way.

I guess just find mature players
>>
>>55017814
College. Gotta deal with the occasional SJW or fratboy drunk, but the options are many
>>
>>55017856
>D&D at a local library
Holy shit that's brilliant! Why didn't I think of that sooner.
>>
File: 1459992567876.jpg (77KB, 460x628px) Image search: [Google]
1459992567876.jpg
77KB, 460x628px
>>55017856
My library is all seniors. I guess I could try but I don't really talk with them. The median age in my town is 50 something. I just live here because I have a good job and can live with my family. The town has a population of 4000.
>>55017853
I would but I'm Canadian
>>
Why do so many solutions involve ostracising the socially awkward guys?
>>
>>55017732
My group has both women and men. The group has no awkward people who become quiet and subdued because of women.

Just talk to people like they're people, not freaking unicorns. Women might not speak to you much, but perhaps more would if you didn't drop your spaghetti as soon as they sit at your table.
>>
>>55017820
>>55017773
It's been years. Two of my players are still afraid of women and clam up if they join.
They're good otherwise and are fun to have at the table. I know that keeping women off the table is an easy way to "Keep the peace" but I don't know if it's right to do. I've tried various ways but they're just scared of women.
>>
>>55017939
I don't have a problem talking with women. 2 of my players do. I tell them that women are human beings but it doesn't change things.
>>
>>55017668
Maturity. When I've experienced this problem, it's almost always been with people in their teens or 20s and it pretty much always fixes itself in time. In the cases where it hasn't and the someone is irredeemable one is left with an unfortunate choice. If it's someone who's not fun or you don't like or whatever it's as simple as booting them. If he's a close friend or a really good player, things are more difficult. If everyone has enough time you could schedule sex segregated sessions to accommodate his needs, but few adults have time for that many games. I'd recommend trying to help him get more comfortable with girls in general. Of course, there's always just discussing the issue like adults, but I realize that not everyone can use that solution.
>>
>>55017970

A few words isn't going to change years of anxiety.
>>
>>55017918
They deserve it for being neckbeard shitlords, anon! Don't you know?
>>
>>55017918
Because, to be frank, it's easier to get rid of a few people than it is to exclude half your potential players.

And this isn't all of them, but I've found that the ones that can't function normally around women don't have that as their only issue. In my personal experience they've run the full gamut of fedora-ism—militantly political, bad hygiene, crappy game attitude (power/metagaming, bad RP), etc.

Frankly, I enjoy gaming with girls more than I do guys sometimes. I'm the only male player in one of my groups and it's been much more fun than the all-male group I was in, which featured a LOLrandum, a Hardcore Communist, a furry, and me. The DM told me when I quit that I was the best RPer in the group and I'd just started TTRPGs.

So yeah, I find it's easier to kick the spergs.
>>
>>55017918
Because they are obviously problematic that guys who voted for Donald Trump
>>
>>55018036
>inserting political opinions apropos to nothing
Anon, I have bad news...
>>
>>55018030

I don't know where you're from, bro, but I would feel terrible kicking any of the socially awkward people from my games. They're just quiet kids into nerd stuff that tend to have pretty shitty home lives, and they always appreciate a good story.

Maybe it's because I tend to try and make friends or already am friends with people in my games and don't have this weird businesslike detachment from my groups.
>>
>>55018111
Oh, socially awkward is fine, it's socially dysfunctional that I have to ditch. I would really rather not boot anyone—my players are my friends, don't get me wrong. I would hate to have to kick them out over group dynamics. But sometimes that's the only option.

And yeah, I guess I do treat TTRPGs a bit too seriously. But then, that's my social issue. Would rather have that than not be able to talk to people.
>>
>>55017918
Because socially well adjusted people of either gender are more fun to be around than spergs.
>>
>>55017993
>>55018147
>>55018036

So we've agreed to kick out nerdy guys so we can make girls feel welcome? We've come full circle, anons. We are the jocks.
>>
>>55018191
No. We only have gone full circle after becoming the girls.
>>
>>55017856
>if all else fails go teach some friends/co-workers how to play
Said friends either don't give a fuck or are dead set on shit like Pathfinder and OpenLegend. And I don't have any co-workers.

>>55017909
>Why didn't I think of that sooner.
I know why I didn't. They tried that very thing at the local library and it quickly died from lack of interest.
>>
>>55018191
We're not talking "mildly socially inept and talks about his interest with way too much enthusiasm" nerds, we're talking about "can't stop staring at anona's tits while breathing heavily and stuttering under his breath 'you smell pretty'" level of sperg. The kind of sperg you could weaponize. You know exactly who I'm talking about, the kind of guy who simultaneously seems so weak willed that he can't even speak but still seems like he'd rape any woman he could get his hands on given an eighth of a chance.
>>
>>55018111
Another anon here
>have 2 hrs a week game time available
>my best 2 players are girls
>i will never let people ruin my games even for social charity
>>
>>55018398
But that's not what we were talking about
We were talking about
>>55017732
>a girl shows up to a session, and one or multiple of your players become a lot more quiet and subdued?
>>
File: IMG_0844.jpg (36KB, 328x495px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0844.jpg
36KB, 328x495px
>>55018191
>you meticulously WET-BLEND your miniatures while Chad dips
Jokes on you nerd, I was already a jock
>>
>>55018191
It's gentrification on a social level. The hobby becomes more popular, bringing in more well-adjusted people, and those existing nerds either adapt to the new climate or withdraw from it. I'm lucky enough to be normal and capable of functioning around people, so on an objective level I only benefit from this, but I've spent long enough hanging around this place that I still have sympathy for this socially maladjusted types who now essentially have the ostracisation that used to be standard for all nerds heaped onto them as the unlucky few undesirables.
>>
>>55017668
Every girl I've ever played with has been competent, and every guy I've ever played with acts no different with a girl in the group. Yet I still worry about girls ruining the game every time I play with one even though it has never been a problem in my decade of tabletop.
>>
>>55017732
No.
Almost every single one of my groups had at least one girl and none of the male players were so scared of them that they'd react like that.
>>
>>55018568
The problem with Gentrification is, why didn't they just buy property and profit as well?
Mortgages aren't that expensive, and these were cheap areas, that was the entire point
>>
>>55018642
Not everybody has money to invest into a growing neighbourhood, the people generally priced out when an area undergoes gentrification are those who were only managing to make ends meet before all the local stores tripled in prices and rents doubled.
>>
>>55018701
I would get that in Europe, with 5 year long mortgages, but Americans have 30 year mortgages.
It would be cheaper to go 50/50 with a person you trust and get a mortgage, than it would be to rent.
>>
>>55017668
I definitely nuerstand that this can happen, but it's never been my experience. I've played with a bunch of girls over the years, though granted few of them were the kind you'd want to date. Over several groups I've played with some bitchy fat girls, a lesbian with an overbite you could open beer bottle with, a woman with a face that looks like she fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down, a dyed-hair feminist who liked to screech at players when she didn't get her way, and a woman who had a severe speech impediment who was way too old to be hanging out at a university role playing club. We've had precisely one girl who was attractive, wasn't a bitch, wasn't fat, wasn't a dyed-hair feminist, and was of the appropriate age for the group; but then she had to leave shortly after joining because she's in med school and has a lot of work.
>>
Let me tell you a story about how I had a long running game destroyed.

>have been running a series of D&D games in the same setting with the same group for years, everyone has helped shape the world, past PCs become famous NPCs etc
>Player A wants to invite a new player. Enter That Girl.
>"so anon your setting is really cool, I want to make a female Holy Knight of the Tower"
>Point out this is a male only monastic order, but these other orders are either all female or mixed
>She won't accept this, wants to play someone "breaking down gender segregation".
>By changing a setting detail that everyone else is fine with, and one player no longer with us created.
>Explain it's not setting appropriate and I'm not prepared to change an established point of lore for that, because it would be disrespectful to the ex-player whose PC's retirement was founding that faction.
>Offer to run a different game, Player A suggests he'll GM for a change.
>Turn up at Player A's at usual game time to gen a character
>"Sorry Anon, my friend wanted to invite another girl who's interested in D&D, and we all thought you weren't a good fit after the argument you had with her about respecting the setting over making a new player feel welcome, so we made characters on Skype. You can join the next game maybe?
>>
>>55017668
I play with four women and two guys, me the Only GM.

Once you actually play with women and not girls the problems are self correcting.
>>
>>55018840
>Not vetting the players before hand.

What's wrong with you?
>>
>>55018840
Did you at least punch Player A in the face?
>>
>>55018871
>trusting a close friend to invite someone to our social group who would be a good fit

I'd gamed with the guy for years, I thought he would be a good judge of character
>>
>>55018871
>Not vetting the players before hand.
How are you even supposed to do that?
>>
Wow. Most pathetic thread on /tg/ right now.
>>
>>55017668
do a oneshot with her and them before adding to the regular group.
>>
>>55018916
No, that honor still goes to /pfg/.
>>
>>55018840
You have a bitch, pussy-whipped friend, then.
>>
>>55018916
Wow, most pathetic post on /tg/ right now.
>>
>>55018916
Girl trying to shut down talk about how she and her ilk are a problem by calling it pathetic. Exactly how butthurt by this are you?
>>
>>55017668
Never had any problem with girls in any of the game I play and run though all the game I played were one shot with total stranger, not a single bad experience with a that girl or that guy, guess I'm pretty lucky
Though if you have a long running group of sperglord neckbeard who never interact with a girl other than their mother, you are bound to have some awkward moment at the table if they try to get the only girl attention
>>
File: pepe wizard.jpg (14KB, 323x250px) Image search: [Google]
pepe wizard.jpg
14KB, 323x250px
>>55018871
>>55018030
>>55017757
>>55018920
>Studying all week for my D&D exam, have to pass in order to play D&D with group
>Pass physical with flying colors
>Remember my character optimization notes and manage to pass my min-maxing test
>get docked points on my roleplaying test for "problematic accents" and "uncreative elf names"
>Finally get to female test, where I am expected to have a conversation with a girl
>fumble and trip over my words, while stuttering and asking if she liked Guardians of the Galaxy 2
>They went with another candidate
Well, I'm disappointed I didn't pass all the vetting. Pretending to be a wizard seems like it would have been a lot of fun.
>>
>>55017668
Treat them no differently to anyone else.
And by that, I mean don't hold back if they're being a pain in the ass or disruptive.

They'll soon learn they'll get no special or positive attention out of you, and piss off.

OR they turn out to be postivie impact on the game, and are a cherished player.
>>
>>55017773
>>55017677
>quit playing with sperglords

What kind of hobby do y'all think that is ?
>>
>>55019097
>Pretending to be a wizard seems like it would have been a lot of fun.

Give it time, I'm sure you'll be an official wizard in a few years.
>>
Banning girls is kinda stupid. The people in your group should try to mature a bit.
But we might have to consider which girl is in the group too. A lot of them are addicted to attention, so they'll disrupt the play experience to get that attention.
>>
>>55017918
Imagine what would've happened if they banned the use of fire just because a small group of slow cavemen could never handle it?
>>
>make fancy knight character
>character flaw is that he's too chivalrous to function and will never use underhand tactics or strike a woman
>figure this will allow the GM to give me problems with solutions more interesting than "hit thing with thing"
>turn up to first session
>oh there's a girl, how unusual
>she seems ok
>characters meet in tournament
>forfeit bout against girl's female barbarian because muh chivalry
>she wrinkles her nose and calls me sexist
>DM shows her character sheet where flaw was written in advance
>she clams up the rest of the session and doesn't make eye contact with me
>she never comes to another session because she felt "creeped out"
>>
This is weird. I'm looking back at all the campaigns I hosted - all the way from elementary to now, and I'm realizing that there was only one that did NOT involve a girl or girls, which was ironically the most recent one.

I never really ever run into this issue. Granted, the girls were almost always part of it from the start, not joining mid-way. But it's always been absolutely natural to us. There always has been at least one or two girls with similarly nerdy interests around, and everybody just found it completely normal. They've been with us - joining LARPS, games, or just hanging out - all the way back to seventh grade elementary school.

Not sure how this came into being, but I've honestly never seen it different. The people who introduced me into the hobby had the same deal. On all fantasy cons and meetings and sessions it was the same: about 3 guys for every 1 girl, and if somebody was an asshole, he was kicked out. Plently of awkward guys around, sure, but never enough for it to spoil anything: even among the nerdiest people at least basic courtesy was expected.

I just never found having girls around, even in these circles, in any way special or worth particular noticing.

I wonder why is my experience so off from what most of you seem to describe. I think it might be national/cultural thing?
>>
>>55017945
>>55017970
Personally I would force girls at the table as much as possible so that the scared guys could get used to them being around. It can even help them at life outside the table.
If I like those guys a lot and had a stable source of income, I'd even consider hiring hookers to play and interact a bit with these people from time to time.
People won't get rid of their fear by being sheltered from it.
>>
>>55019244
>I wonder why is my experience so off from what most of you seem to describe.
Because people with your (and my) kind of experience never call attention to it, except in response to people experiencing unusual problems.
>>
>kick out those fucking nerds so we can have more stacies at the table
someone post the evolution of the hobby image
>>
>>55018916
I can smell the roast beef from here.
>>
>>55018840
Your story lack some specific stuff to help me understand how this girl actually destroyed your setting, but clarify me on this:
What's the big problem with her trying to go that way? Maybe she was just inspired by something like Joan of Arc? Or was she one of those extremely obnoxious girls prone to screeching?
>>
>>55019329
That is a way that I never really thought about it. But here is the thing: I don't really ever remember running even into the kind of people who had this kind of problem...

Maybe you are right: your explanation sounds very plausible and I might be chasing some ghost here.
But I always wondered how much do local and cultural standards play into this. Because I was brought up in a country where the stigma on nerdiness almost did not exist. It's really something I only really know from american media. From videogames past having the best grades in the class to playing "dragon's lair" as tt-RPG were generally called: it was not usual, but virtually never enough to grant a major stigma. Or - because my experience will be inevitably rather anecdotal - I at least never experienced major stigma.

And that I think also formed the kind of audience I've dealt with. I mean most girls were not interested, but the minority who was was just... there, from the start.
>>
>>55019229
What a shit coincidence. Too bad she had to act like that, though. If people could swallow their pride every once in a while, I guarantee you that we'd have at least 60% less problems in the world today.
>>
File: 1458490531208.png (147KB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
1458490531208.png
147KB, 400x286px
One of the members in our group occasionally played with his gf, last one I remember them was being some sort of a tiefling bonnie & clyde like duo.

Also, they would almost always moved the passedout drunk bodies of the male dragonborn barbarian and the male human paladin in lewd-poses in back alleys and barns.

It became a running joke that unmarried dragonborn males sleep together and that this was normal for the barb.
>>
>>55019337
>exaggerating an opinion to try to prove a point
You know what kind of person you're looking like right now?
>>
The trick is only including girls with a sense of humor
>>
>>55018840
That does suck but depending on how the whole thing transpired it could have been the obvious conclusion.

You guys had this whole tradition in you campaign which seems kinda special snowflaky to change it and you did have alternatives. Plus in the end they picked her over you which is a dick thing to do since you guys been playing together for years which no matter what is wrong.

Although you might have come off stand offish when saying no to her character idea and might have rubbed the other members the wrong way.

Either way someone made a dick move.
>>
>>55019228
You're conflating a hobby with civilization.
>>
>>55019406
>But here is the thing: I don't really ever remember running even into the kind of people who had this kind of problem...
Where would you, except for an imageboard where people feel safe to air their dirty laundry under the protection of anonymity? I mean, it's not like people on the street would just walk up to you and complain about girls ruining their niche hobby games.
>>
>>55017668
let me try to give an actual honest answer here

most likely these people sperge out because they have lacked normal and/or positive social interaction with the opposing gender
if you think these people are actually decent folk and are willing to bear through some cringy times, allowing them to interact with one in a more or less controlled setting is probably really beneficial to them and they will likely improve over time

just make sure to correct actually problematic behaviour that makes either involved party uncomfortable, but try to do so in non-humiliatiang way (eg. talk to the person privately instead of calling stuff out in front of everyone)
>>
>>55019552
Both are held together by social interactions. Both can be destroyed or flourish depending on those social interactions.
>>
>>55019560
Not him, but if you play with your friends, they would vent their frustrations with you.
>>
>>55019596
And what are the chances that your friends with whom you play have wildly different experiences from yours?
>>
>>55019609
If they play with me, and we're talking about game experiences, I'd doubt it varies that much.
And again. Those same players, if they're actually my friends, would want to talk to me about the different experiences.
Unless everyone is severely immature, there are solutions to this kind of problem.
>>
>I'm going to disavow my own friends that I have known for X years because I want to invite girls, not players, but girls specifically.
>>
>>55019560
Well, I was a part of pretty extensive network of "organized weirdos". Since back then and there, internet wasn't really all that readily available, we had a net of actions - LARPS, cons, session meetings, anime-screenings etc... that were happening in regular interval, that people not only gathered to participate in the event itself, but also to just hang out, drink, talk, and organized further events. When someone played a RPG campaign, it was normal that five people played the campaign in one room, while seven others who did not really participate in the campaign still gathered in the kitchen, drinking and chatting and planning their own thing.
The network was pretty extensive and open, with maybe over hundred people participating at any time. Almost every time I went on one of these things, there would be some new people there.

I'd anticipate to run into people like that as part of this network... I mean there was the occasional asshole, and the occasional super-freak or genuine autist, but they were isolated.

Although: it's possible that if these people existed in larger groups, that they would not join this "network" of ours to begin with. Though I don't know how would they meet among themselves then. We were pretty much covering the entire hobby market back then.
>>
Need more 'girls shitting up the game' stories.
>>
>>55017668
>What is the solution?
Don't play with women. I don't care if everyone at the table is married, or gay, or both. Don't fucking play with women. Gender dynamics are an evolutionary thing and no social behavior will change that.
>>
>>55019638
But here is the opposite issue: Are they really friends, and do you really want to have them as friends if they are this absolutely socially retarded?

My real question is: why would you even want to hang out with people who apparently lack basic human decency?
Again, outsider perspective as I never really seen anything like this happening on a scale worth mentioning, but...
You make friends with people because those people are decent, no? The same goes for the girls, by the way: I mean if the first thing the girl does is start forcing her insecure anti-gender-role agenda then kick her out because that shit is indicative of her probably being an insufferable person. But if the boy does some shit then he is an asshole too.

This isn't really about male to female issue to begin with: this is just about surrounding yourself with people you can rely to be kind, trustworthy, have some dignity.
>>
>>55019664
>socially awkward guys are unkind, untrustworthy, have no dignity and lack basic human decency
Fuck off back to the darkest corners of tumblr.
>>
>>55019677
Well that is a completely sensible reaction.
>>
>>55019638
Are you just intentionally misinterpreting an issue to justify your shitty actions irl? Am I posting on tumblr?
>>
>>55019677
Yeah, that was totally what was said? You sure know how tumblr works if your reaction is to take something said and spin it however you want it to look like.
>>
>>55019664
On how many layers of feminism are you? Nerdy guys being uncomforatable with girls and changing how they behave is a sign of a "lack basic human decency". What the fuck?
>>
>>55017700
All they did on /a/ was ban generals.

If they do that here, say bye to 40k/warhammer/ageofsigmar/horusheresy etc generals and the entire board being flooded with GW.
>>
File: 1481689362030.jpg (4KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1481689362030.jpg
4KB, 240x320px
>>55019229
>Attend yet another glorious joust
>Being the shining beacon of paragon that I am, my adoring fans shout and roar in excitement as I enter the jousting list
>A lady drops her handkerchief
>Deathly silence
>My stallion, penis engorged, slowly trots in the direction of the handkerchief
>The men in the audience start licking their lips as the women cower
>I bend over, momentarily passing my gaze over the lady's bosom
>She feels uncomfortably sexualized
>I pick up the handkerchief with my powerful, patriarchal hand
>As I hand it over to her with a wicked grin, my codpiece can barely contain my erection and starts to fracture
>The lady takes her lost possession and mumbles a frightened "t-thank you"
>I lift my visor and wink
>"It was my.... privilege".
>>
>>55017732

I've been a part of about 5 different groups of players, of those groups, 3 of them had girls in them. None of those three groups have ever had problems because of the girls being girls. Maybe it is just because I play with people who have the emotional maturity of an adult.
>>
>>55018840
>not letting her go in disguise as a man to prove her faith trumps their dogma
What kind of unimaginative homo fagplate are you?
>>
>>55019734
>Yeah, that was totally what was said?
That's exactly what you said, you stupid fuck.

>why would you even want to hang out with people who apparently lack basic human decency?
>this is just about surrounding yourself with people you can rely to be kind, trustworthy, have some dignity.
>>
>>55019758
>On how many layers of feminism are you?
Fun fact: I'm actually probably the only one here that is politically active in conservative circles. What I'm saying has FUCK all to do with feminism. That is a boogyman you made up to justify simple requirements for human decency. Real feminism is far bigger threat and far bigger issue than you probably even realize - it's something actually worth standing up against, but that is a completely different matter.

The problem you moron is that all people should be willing and capable actually fucking challenge themselves if there is something socially wrong with them. And if they are unwilling to do that, then they are probably not very good people.
And I assumed that we were talking about people who really have a problem. Not the normal basic social awkwardness that comes with any kinda unusual social interaction here: we are talking about campaigns ruined, not one session being awkward because a new and nice-smelling player joined in and people need a bit of time to adjust.

>>55019812
It's literally about that. The "tumbler" and "SJW" actually say something very, VERY different from that.
You neither understand what I'm saying, or what they are saying. And I can assure you, it's not the same blooding thing at all.
>>
>>55017668
Clearly the only solution is to shoot all women or give them forced sex changes.
>>
>>55019131
More like WHIZZARD AMIRITE
>>
File: 133343570178.jpg (44KB, 550x336px) Image search: [Google]
133343570178.jpg
44KB, 550x336px
>>55018920
>do a oneshot with her
>>
>>55017732
I think the people who are replying with no fall into the "obnoxious" category of the people highlighted in OP's post. The only people who both in real life and on the internet react with such hostility to this subject are white knights. The people who become obnoxious holier than thou cunts when women are in the group are much more common that the shy quiet ones.
>>
had a girl involved in my dnd games from 8th to 10th grade. we're still pretty good friends and i think its because i was the only guy who didnt hit on her relentlessly. It was so cringy to watch and listen to, but they were my bros so i didnt shame em for it. She dealt with it because they weren't that bad until one of the guys starting acting aggressively possessive towards her.

moral of the story? play with fat and ugly chicks
>>
>>55019821
>if there is something socially wrong with them

IN MOST CASES THE PEOPLE YOU DEMAND CHANGE HAVE NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM EXCEPT THEY LAUGH AT THE "WRONG" JOKE
>>
>>55019821
Why did you ignore the rest of my post? I repeat: "Nerdy guys being uncomforatable with girls and changing how they behave is a sign of a "lack basic human decency". What the fuck?". How does being shy around girls make you an awful human being with tho human decency?
>And I assumed that we were talking about people who really have a problem
Oh. You just started sperging out about your own shit and then act offended when people thought you were actually discussing OP's point? Okay.
>>
>>55019470
It would help if she had understood that roleplaying involves making decisions that don't necessarily reflect your personal values, but that's nothing new and my usual group also struggle with the concept.
>>55019777
I snorted.
>>
I've had many sessions ruined by women and by guys who can't handle manipulative women. I've had a few adventures with women that went fine. generally you have to apply the same rules as guys; it should be someone that's not completely out of blue that joins that at least someone in the group knows and can vouch for, shouldn't be a complete retard and who can respect everyone elses time. In my experience you have to be more careful with women though, since many don't show their crazy at first. Some can't handle being the only woman in a group of men and go attention mad, others will start to dictate what's appropriate to say and what to do, essentially starting her own political commissar branch in the group.
I know about 3 women I'd like to game with again, but I think I won't seek out new ones because it's not really worth the hassle.
>>
>>55018398
that's not we were talking about at all you tardlinger
>>
>>55019892
>>55019884
The only people who have OP's situation are people who are already fucked up outside of game anyway, the shitty behavior is just coming to the surface.
>>55019904
Hold everyone to the same rules and standards, and don't be afraid to kick people who aren't working out. Why is this so hard?
My gf asked to join my game years ago, and I let her in, but told no one she was my gf to prove our relationship did not interfere with my GMing
It took 2 years before they discovered we were together, and when they asked why I kept it to myself, I told them I didn't want a situation like this thread to occur, or to be insulted by crass insinuations that I am incapable of being a rational human being
>>
>>55019884
>>55019892
What exactly is the thread about? Because I thought - based on OP and most post around here - that we are talking about situations where it seriously damages or destroys the entire campaign or even group.

In particular, if we look at this:
>How does being shy around girls make you an awful human
I did not say that. Being shy around girls is pretty natural, I'm no stranger to that myself. The problem is when it becomes so uncontrollable that it starts causing serious havoc on your campaign or group. That is when you need to start looking into working on it. And if you can't or refuse to do that: that is where you might start to question if you are not just pretty bad.

The whole fucking point here is that people need to fucking start looking into problems on their side, rather than blaming some evil gender dynamic (which is, in a hilarious twist of irony, exactly what the feminism does in the first place).
Most of this thread is people blaming the presence of a girl rather than you know, asking people to stop being such a fucking weakling. It's fine to have some problem adjusting. It's fine to be shy at first.
But it it's seriously detrimental to the shared, social meeting you are having... then you need to first fix up your problems.
And if you refuse to do that, blame someone else who isn't actually doing anything wrong himself - just is there - that is when you qualify as awful human being with no decency.
>>
>>55017668
In your situation, yeah I'd probably ban girls. My group are all close friends so we tend not to invite girls who aren't in relationship with one of the players which can get awkward if they breakup.
When I have had new girls into the group, I dislike how my players (well two of them) treat her. They just bend over backwards for her and laugh at her bad jokes. I don't like that shit.
>>
>>55017732
No, never happened to me.
>>
>>55019664
>Are they really friends
Yes
>and do you really want to have them as friends if they are this absolutely socially retarded?
If it doesn't ruin my own enjoyment, they could be marxists for all I care.

>lack basic human decency?
You're confusing decency with social skills.

>>55019821
>>55019986
>Not the normal basic social awkwardness that comes with any kinda unusual social interaction here

Actually yes, exactly that. Look at the OP again. If it changes group chemistry, for example one member suddenly going all quiet, or another person no longer raving about niggers like they used to, that's a problem.
>>
>>55017945
>>55017970
I'd like to know more about you, these two players and the girl that might be joining before I say more but based on what you've said so far either have two groups, one with girls and one with out or, if you absolutely can't do that and really don't think they'll get over their anxiety don't have any girls.
Ironically a lot of the people in this thread telling you to get rid of your spergy friends seem pretty spergy themselves. Putting long time friends before strangers even if your friends are weird or not wanting to change a group dynamic is so normie that there are sitcom episodes about it
Of course that was all typed on the assumption that the girl joining is a stranger, as I said at the start please post more info about your grup
>>
>>55019821
take note /tg/, this is the sort of woman who will describe herself as "redpilled"
>>
You faggots don't attend physical tabletop sessions and these stories are falsehoods you generate based on the opinions that were formed on the echo chambers that on /r9k/ and their talk about "roasties" or /pol/ about "tumblrites"

Every fucking story implies that that every single woman playing D&D is a twin-turbo SJW that is playing a transsexual half-elf and gets triggered when the DM doesn't call her character a xir.
>>
>>55020152
Are you saying, dare I say, that people LIE on the internet?

Stop the fucking presses!!!
>>
>>55017668
Never ever been a problem for me, but I've known a few That Guy types to creep on girls.

In my experience, if you've got guys in your group who change their behavior because there's now a girl in the group, they're probably shit lords.

What sort of man doesn't have the basic self-control and social ability to not fuck up their game over somebody who almost certainly doesn't have any interest in them?
>>
>>55020152
>my fair maidens can't possibly ruin a group dynamic, the stories are clearly all made up!
okay buddy
>>
>>55020166
>shitlords
bait.
>>
>>55018736
Mortgages never cover the entirety of the house, meaning you either need a huge wad of cash or a piggyback loan. And piggyback loans are a lot less friendly than mortgages, plus you'll have to get mortgage insurance, which is a pit you throw money into. And you'll still need a down payment, it's just less of one. You know, ten to twenty thousand dollars instead of forty thousand.
>>
If you play with actual functional human beings, not braindead adolescents, you will never have this problem.
>>
>>55017668
>This stale meme again
It's simple:
GROW THE FUCK UP!

Also, if you are not having at least two chicks in your group from the get-go, you are doing it wrong.
>>
>>55020182
I don't see how, it's a perfectly cromulent word.
>>
>>55017732
I'm playing and running games since '98. Guess that means I have bigger TTRPG experience than your lifespan, anon. And I never, ever in my life had issues like that.
>>
File: borodino-ney-franky-simon.jpg (91KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
borodino-ney-franky-simon.jpg
91KB, 720x960px
>too autistic to play /tg/ so this never happens to me

Do historical reenactment, anon, it's the only thing too autistic for girls. You will get some girls, but they will also be absurdly autistic to the point that it's not like being around real girls at all.
>>
>>55020225
>You will get some girls, but they will also be absurdly autistic to the point that it's not like being around real girls at all.
This. One chick I know made 2 chainshirts, probably a few hundred hours of work as she made all the rings herself, while listening to a single nightwish album on repeat. reenactment chicks are robots.
>>
>>55020225
>>55020225
>historical reenactment
>it's the only thing too autistic for girls
Are you by chance American?
You damn sure sound like an American "re-enactor".

There is probably nobody more lewd than reenacting females. Nobody.
>>
>>55020213
>I browse tumblr and am upset about the patriarchy: the word
>>
File: totally not cropped porn.png (215KB, 306x375px) Image search: [Google]
totally not cropped porn.png
215KB, 306x375px
>>55020225
>Do historical reenactment, anon, it's the only thing too autistic for girls
Anon, the amount of marriages taken 3 monts after and children born 9 months after bigger reenacting events in my country says something completely different.

Unless you are into some shit-tier period or epoche (which boils down to doing either of World Wars and specific battles from any given period), there is going to be a shitload of girls, women and even female pensioners there, doing their part.
>>
>>55020260
they're there to reenact not get creeped on by sweaty creepers such as yourself.
>>
>>55020260
I am American, but I know reenactors in Europe and Russia.

The key is to get in a group that is really autistic about historical accuracy.
>>
>>55020306
So just about any reenactor.

Pro-tip: autism is a buzzword you can't even use properly.
>>
These guys that cannot function around women, these are all people still in college or under, right? Because how are they able to function in a workforce that with a shit ton of women?

You'd think earning money to pay for all those books and miniatures would help resolve this shit.
>>
>>55020321
butthurt autist virgin who wears shorts in public detected
>>
File: Marshals of France reenactment.jpg (2MB, 1609x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Marshals of France reenactment.jpg
2MB, 1609x1536px
>>55020321
There are definitely groups who only really care about putting on a show, but there are also groups that are into mainly because it's a historical fantasy of theirs', and those groups want it to be just right.
>>
>>55020278
Seriously? Shitlord is tumblrspeak now?
>>
>>55020290
Shout out to Norwegian hærkamp, you crazy magnificent horny bastards
>>
>>55018736
>I would get that in Europe, with 5 year long mortgages, but Americans have 30 year mortgages.
I'm American; mine's 15.
>>
>>55020347
Further evidence that military and fashion have no business mixing. It's amazing it tool well into the 1700s before we started reading accounts of officers being targeted.
>>
>>55018840
The last time you posted this, we agreed that you were at fault for refusing to even consider options that would satisfy all parties.
>>
File: -11377.jpg (267KB, 998x1500px) Image search: [Google]
-11377.jpg
267KB, 998x1500px
>>55020388
>not wanting to wear a beautiful Napoleonic marshal's uniform
>>
>>55020347
Any group or individual that doesn't put enough effort would simply be told to get the fuck out.
At least that's how it works east from French border: Germans, surprise surprise, are hell-bend on doing this shit right, while Slavs will simply get pissed that you are "mocking" them by not doing things right and Nordics are wealthy enough to afford shit being done right to the last bit. Never met enough French reenactors to have opinion about them, while Italians cover only period and events I don't give a fuck about, while Spaniards have rather lackluster attitude.
>>
>>55019832
>More like WHIZZARD AMIRITE
No he means wizard because anon will be a virgin at 30.
>>
If you refuse to play with women because your players are going to complain or be unreasonable stalkers then you have a trash group.

If you refuse to play with women because you're worried they're going to be manipulative and crave attention then you know trash women.
>>
>>55020388
To target officer you need a weapon that CAN target them. Guess when they've started appearing.

The real amazing part is that once there were weapons capable of doing that and officers dropping like flies (along with soldiers in general), those fucking idiots cried about this being "barbaric" rather than adjust.
Best case example: First Boer War, where shock and horror, Boers were easily picking up those gallant English boys wearing fucking RED COATS in in fucking 1880s, when indirect fire, rifles, portable mortars and what not were already a thing for long enough to have serious impact.
>>
>>55017677
As a newcomer to the hobby, what exactly is a sperglord and how does one avoid wading into sperglord territory?
>>
>>55017918
Because they're the ones causing the problem. Sometimes when there's friction between an existing group and a newbie, it's the newbie who's at fault: They've got a different play style and need to adapt, they want to play a character who doesn't mesh with the hobby, they've got some bad habits they need to let go of. Sometimes, though, it's the fault of the existing players: They're picking fights, or trying to make the newbie feel unwelcome, or just not letting them in. In the former case, the onus is on the newbie to change or go, but in the latter, it's on the existing player who's causing the problem.

In the scenario described, the girl's just joining the group. She's not picking fights, she's not trying to get everyone to do things differently, she just exists. On the other hand, the existing players can't handle that. Well, in that case, it's up to them to learn. Can't function around someone who's different than you? Well, it's high time to learn. And if you can't, then it's time to move on.
>>
>>55020402
"Gentlemen, when it all goes to shit like it always does, just remember 2 things, never leave your battle buddy alone, and always shoot at the guy with the biggest hate."
>>
>>55020349
It's been a tumblr term for like seven or eight years now, and before that it was used on the cancerpit that is something awful, so either way it's garbage.
>>
>>55017732
I've only ever been a part of one game where a girl joined. It was fine, mostly cause she was so obscenely out of everyone's league that no-one even bothered trying to be flirty or whatever
>>
The red flag here is whether the girl is someone's wife/girlfriend who wants to join because her husband/boyfriend plays RPGs and she doesn't want to be left out. That's when the problems start.

I've never had any kind problem with girls who are serious about the hobby. These kind of girls also tend to be tomboys enough to keep relationship dramas outside the table.
>>
>>55020340
You don't have to interact with women to collect your monthly tugboat.
>>
>>55020403
>being this much of a gatekeeper

should literally be illegal desu
>>
>>55020486
What's the matter wagie, upset at having to work away for the mighty NEET gods?
>>
>>55020462
how ungentleman.
>>
>>55020503
> mighty neet gods
I had family on the county growing up, anon. That wasn't living. Even with all the 8-5 bullshit, there is a small dignity in working that other people will notice.
>>
File: 1499829670319.png (300KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
1499829670319.png
300KB, 600x568px
>>55017668
Tell the girl fuck off and continue playing with your bros. Wow, that was hard.
>>
>>55020513
...said the guy who brought long range cannons and also wears a very big hat.
>>
>>55020539
hmm, what was that? shouldn't you be resting up for the next day's work? sorry, but i really must be going, I have a great deal of physics to study today - on your paycheck nonetheless!
>>
>>55020459
Sperglord is someone who spergs non-stop and for no reason, while also lacking any self-awarness about that.
It's a specific type of That Guy, who is so obnoxious he ruins the game just by being around
>>
>>55020592
Secondary education is different. I'd hope that was self evident.
>>
>>55019812
Holy shit dawg you are fucking dum.
>>
File: 1503407102392.png (219KB, 340x368px) Image search: [Google]
1503407102392.png
219KB, 340x368px
>go to friend-of-a-friend's house to attend weekly DnD session
>there's some slut he intoroduces into the playgroup
and that was the last time I showed up.
>>
>>55020513
It never cease to amaze me how somehow after Seven Year War and WW1 bunch of literal autists created this whole "gentleman" way of conducting wars, while progressively introducting more and more lethal weapons and acting like anything before that period just never happend, because we should have a civilised fight.
How the FUCK you can have "civilised" war? What? Throwing flowers at each other?
>>
>>55020626
You are saying you are afraid of females this much you run away on a sight of one?
>>
>>55020607
hmm, wagie, do you know what NEET means? I am an enlightened autodidact, not a mere child. Perhaps today I shall study chemistry instead actually? I'm getting rather rusty on how to model electron flow when creating diazonium salts. Aah, so much time, and so much to do.
>>
>>55017913
>My library is all seniors. I guess I could try but I don't really talk with them.
I've actually found some good game group members among the retiree set, although it tends to be more for boardgames and /hwg than RP. They generally have a lot of free time on their hands to pursue hobbies.

>I would but I'm Canadian
OK, so paintball / pellet guns, dirtbikes, and giant barbecues eh.

>>55017918
>Why do so many solutions involve ostracising the socially awkward guys?
Bit of a strawman. Most RP groups, every single player is the "socially awkward guy" on some level (even the girls). The person the OP is talking about is generally That One Asshole who deals with being socially awkward by making life hell for the people around him. Sometimes you can work with that guy, but more often than not you have to get rid of him.
>>
>>55020657
Hey man, as long as you put it to profit, I'd consider the neet-bucks an investment.
>>
>>55017918
Because the whole point of TTRPG is human interaction and being sociable.
Amazing, right?
>>
>>55020662
>The person the OP is talking about is generally That One Asshole who deals with being socially awkward by making life hell for the people around him.
No he isn't
>>55017732
>I'm not shitposting, are you telling me you have never had the problem of a girl shows up to a session, and one or multiple of your players become a lot more quiet and subdued?
>I'm not joking, I am legitimately asking.
>>
>>55020403
>while Spaniards have rather lackluster attitude.

It's painful. I live in Spain and everything related to LARP / Re-enactment seems to be done with the minimum effort in mind.
>>
>>55020701
>It's painful. I live in Spain and everything seems to be done with the minimum effort in mind
ftfy
70 years later and you're still not finished with genociding the Catalans.
>>
File: Why would he consider suicide..png (46KB, 174x291px) Image search: [Google]
Why would he consider suicide..png
46KB, 174x291px
Honestly, if you can't see past sexual attraction when interacting with women (which is the big reason people have trouble interacting with them), then you have bigger problems, and you should work past it. When you're working with or playing with a girl, you should be able to look past it because you actually have something else you should be focused on. I don't /tg/ too much, but surely if a girl is playing, then they are interested, and you have something in common?
>>
>>55020652
Well, the hamfisted attempts of making her part of the campaign interfered with the group dynamic, and I didn't like that.
She didn't come back, but neither did I.
>>
>>55020811
Anon, you aren't making yourself look any better.
It sounds more like you were looking for a reason to bail, and a new player gave it to you.
You are pretty much the guy people in this thread are calling out.
>>
>>55020753
Don't. You'll be immediately called a woman, tumbler one for sure, and they will just lose their shit.
This is, in the end, thread for people to blame others for why the world is not going always their way.
>>
>>55020835
I'm not trying to justify my actions, or claim that I was in the right. I'm simply speaking from personal experience on the topic.
If others perceive me in a bad way for it, so be it, but it won't change the truth.
>>
>>55017843
this isnt a roleplaying thread
>>
File: 51j74s2CBUL.jpg (33KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
51j74s2CBUL.jpg
33KB, 432x288px
>>55017732
Usually the females are bad enough on their own as spergs that I can't say I have any real experience with this.
>>
>>55020701
I've got a better one for you - try living in Chile and finding enough people to play tabletops at all.
If you will, there is a high chance they'll have German roots and cultivate them.
>>
>>55020910
>but it won't change the truth
The fuck you are even talking about now?

The only truth is you were the weakest link in your group and run away first given chance, looking for stupid justification.
>>
>>55021159
Ok.
>>
>>55020349
It's always been tumblr speak, even my ears perked up when I read it.
>>
>>55020753
If you see past sexual attraction when interacting with women, you'll realize most of them are so fucking boring and uninteresting you'll lose 70% of your female acquaintances.
>>
File: tmp_32612-x9FtiN9_d145305639.jpg (14KB, 400x228px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_32612-x9FtiN9_d145305639.jpg
14KB, 400x228px
>>55017668
>this thread
>>
>>55019776
But the entire board is already flooded with GW
>>
>>55020388
It may surprise you, but before it became possible to target officers from a long distance it was more important to distinguish officer from soldier (and ally from enemy) than it was to "blend in". A Napoleonic army had no business meddling with camouflage.

>Inb4 "muh ambush"
EXACTLY for muh ambush. You don't want to jump out of the woods only to figure out you jabbed your own commanding officer in the neck.
>>
>>55019664
>being akward around girls means lacking BASIC HUMAN DECENCY
go back to the bowels of tumblr

Trustworthy is a friend trait but not even in a positive sense. I don't make friends with people because they are kind, or have dignity that has nothing to do with friendship.

Ideally you would try not to kick anyone out. But I enjoy my friends company more than anyone strangers. If it came to kicking out the girl (or any newcomer really) or kicking out my friend, I would kick out the girl.
This is just a rule of thumb.
>>
>>55017913
I grew up in a town of 2500 and found a group with people I hung out with. My friend's dad ran it for us for about 5 years, and now we sporadically play with extended friend groups. It's socializing, but it's also luck of the draw. Just be open about your interest and bring it up when people talk about board games or video games to play and the like (don't overdo it, of course). You'd be surprised who you'll find is interested in playing something.

(Also, Canadian here.)
>>
>>55017668
This is something that can happen with any new person joining a group. If it happens *only* because the person joining is a girl then you're playing with a bunch of weirdos.

Like any other time it happens: The solution is to talk to the people being disruptive, and wait for them to get used to hanging out with the new person.
>>
>>55017918
Because what most of these people aren't willing to admit is that they want a girl at the table because they think they'll have a chance to get laid when the reality is she's already riding chad's dick after each session
>>
>>55017668
I don't play with virgins
>>
>>55018254
Tell me more about how we can become the girls. :3c
>>
>>55023534
Transhumanism.
>>
>>55020912
>implications
This was some time back in my wilder, younger days. I've now settled down and live with my two chubby, comfy girlfriends who both love guns, tabletop, and vidya. I'm living the dream, my man.
>>
>>55021384
Tumblr and others will disagree with this, but it seems like the unfortunate truth of the world.

I would REALLY like it if someone could make me believe differently, instead of saying "lol virgin"
>>
>>55017668
women just all suck at roleplaying and they suck at keeping track of their character capablities and lastly they're not very imaginative.

there are 3 ways to be "good" at tabletop games and I've never seen a girl good in any of those ways.

>first girl
>makes obnoxious chosen one of a minor greek god
>gets way to drunk and passes out
>we always have to rap up so she can go to sleep
>left after 3 games
(not insure why I invited her back a 2nd and 3rd time)

>makes decent character
>refuses to roleplay at all
>hated combat
>pretty much hated everything other than creating the character

>3rd girl
>session zero
>doesn't come with a character
>we quickly make her a swash buckler
>flirsts with me as I DM
>turns up for one session
>leaves

>fourth girl
>nice and modest back story
>partners up with her boyfriend despite their character not having anything in common or having a prior connection, for some reason a lawful neutral gnome bard is good friends and sides with the chaotic evil tiefling
>tell them that they were free to make characters that knew each other or even a husband and wife
>they don't like the idea but still function as a hive mind anyway.
>over 4 sessions I try to give them a character arc together so they had more reason to be the way they are.
>they pretty much flake on the roleplay and it comes off as forced
>they drop out that game

>fifth
>group is on an importent task from the queen
>girl is a fighter and her back story is that she wants to save up enough money to buy full plate and become a lone mercenary or body guard
>tell her that the reward for the mission would be enough to buy plate armor so that character arc will probably be filled soon. and she should think of a second reason afterwards to stay with the party
>chaotic neutral
>suggests sacrificing a baby to lure out a land shark
>left after one session

if you don't think girls drag DnD down it's because you're friends with the girl and that stops you noticing it.
>>
Man. This shit makes me god damned sad, because it just reminds me of how sperg-y /tg/ apparently is. There shouldn't be any more of an issue to play with women than there should be to play with men - there are going to be some women that are absolutely fucking heinous to play with, but that's not a gendered trait, that's "some people are just plain shit."

This kind of shit is why I don't like to get too involved in any of my 'nerdy' interests. I've got three women in my gaming group, they do pretty damned well - there's some potential issues, but the major issue is a dude who we would all be better off removing.

Yes, it can unfortunately suck to remove people who have low social skills, but do you really want to be invited out of obligation versus someone actually WANTING you to be there?
>>
>player invites girlfriend to join group
>we all secretly worry this will end poorly
>her characters are better made and roleplayed than his
Why is he still here
>>
>>55018642
>t. small loan of a million dollars
>>
>>55024693
Anon, when they say "women are equal to men" they don't mean to imply they are the exact same. Societal and possibly mental differences are to be expected between the sexes, and covering your eyes and plugging your ears to it isn't healthy.
>>
>>55025119
Anon, where exactly did I say that? Not all dudes are the same, nor all women are the same. People, largely, are people - there is socialized differences, but, gasp, there's a vast array in the result. Like I said, there is going to be women that are absolutely heinous to play with and there is going to be dudes that are absolutely heinous to play with. Treating women as some sort of mysterious Other is patently ridiculous.
>>
>>55024726
Just kill him already.
No, wait, he made a good thing and brought her. So banish him out of your group.

The tribe has decided
>>
>>55017732
I've run several games that have included girls either as permanent players or drop-ins. Some single, some dating male players at the same game. Never had any real issues; if anything, they tended to get more into the narrative and their characters than the guys did, which did wonders for moving the story forward at a good clip.
>>
>>55017668
Bros before hos
>>
>>55026513
What if the hos are my bros.
>>
>>55026632
Then they are bros not hos
>>
>>55026632
By Bros before Hos any Hos who are your Bros automatically become Bros as Bros come before Hos. Therefore your Bros who are also Hos come before Hos who are just Hos and not your Bros.
>>
>>55017732
No I haven't, because I don't play with autists.
>>
>>55017668
Find a group without virgins in it. Works every time.
>>
>>55026823
Exactly as I put it here >>55026701
>>
>>55024297
IDK anon. In my party there are 2 girls and one of them is the best roleplayer there. She's also the one who keeps track of the party's inventory, drew them a map of the world based solely on my descriptions of their travels, and generally shepherds the plot along when people get distracted.
>>
>>55020631
>How the FUCK you can have "civilised" war? What? Throwing flowers at each other?
Basically you...
>meet up with the enemy general to set the place and time of every battle
>always pick a site so that there's no advantage to either army
>under no circumstances is one army allowed to significantly out number the other
>only officers are permitted to shoot officers, and only then those of equal or lower rank (which is why the uniforms exist in the first place)
>the armies must be directly across from each other in ordered lines
>at a previously set time (usually nightfall or tea time) everyone packs up and heads home until the next battle
>>
I'm generally quite firmly with the "guys need to learn to not be completely torn into pieces by female presence" park, and I have not even been stranger to kicking a player that could not fucking keep his mount shut with the obscene jokes after we got a kind but kinda shy girl to play with us and it was just visibly creeping her out.
It was a simple trade: he was an ashsole even before, we were kinda fed up with him, and this was the last straw.

That said, it is true that the girl can also not make things easy. Friend introduce his female colleague to us: she seemed sensible, but when sat down with her, she started making up some pretty awful character drafts. Like other people described: a whole lot of "gender stereotype breaking but none of it really logical, more of a only female priestess of an ostentatiously male-only church inspired by Arabians, a bad-ass sea pirate coming from an extremely patrilaistic naval society... it was like she was taking the few LEAST flexible societies in the setting just to force herself into them... she pretty clearly wanted some female-empowerement, gender convention wreaking fantasy story for her char.
The problem was (and I warned her ahead) that my society was not very well equipped for these kinds of stories. It was pretty painful to find a character she would agree (she was very unhappy) but I coaxed her into being daughter of a nomadic tribal clan living off trade, where she could happily rebel against their order for a while an escape.
The first few sessions were kinda rough, because she was not awful - but just at time she would come up with something really illogical that was just "I'm a woman and that why I'm going do opposite of what you'd expect from a woman thing" - making her character feeling increasingly like a psychopath and just unpopular among the rest of the group. I was seriously considering kicking her out or cancelling the whole campaign.
(cont, hope you don't mind non-greentext story)
>>
File: 1463126960289.gif (1MB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
1463126960289.gif
1MB, 270x270px
>>55019251
>DM buys you a hooker out of pity

there is not enough rope in the world for how much I would need to hang myself but at least I wouldn't die a virgin
>>
>>55027873
Shit got pretty bad after she had a chan of bad decisions and bad luck, screwed something for everyone, and everybody decided that was a good time to pile up and let her know how unhappy they are with her. I tried to moderate, and it was all very civil, and she took it nicely, but she was washing tears out of her eyes by the end of the session anyway. I thought she was done with us for good.

But she came back again, playing very carfully, and very boringly. Which was a shame because she was pretty good at time too.

So eventually I gave her a subplot when the father of her family that she abandoned because "muh patriarchy" called to her telling her that her other brothers died and that he is dying himself, and that he needs to take their business over.
It was fun: she was now practically responsible for a clan of 300 rich, well trained tribals that absolutely refused to accept her authority, but she could "relay orders from her father" and they trusted her on that.
Eventually rest of the team joined them to see how much of a clusterfuck it is going to be, while she got good at manipulating, organizing, charming people into doing what she needed, or using her still-barely-alive father as a shroud of authority. I don't think she ever got into violent encounter since, or even yelled at anyone, but she got the company up and running, and eventually it became a major base of operations for the whole team.

When her father died, she was already so experienced and trusted and knew all the ropes that she just took over and nobody would take a word anymore.
It was a fun campaign, even though she gradually stopped comming for the later state of it because of work.

But this girl, the Queen of Traders as she became known, was so popular that we eventually ended up using her as NPC in later games.
All it took was just give her a challenge she would be less unnatural at. She did not work like a bad-ass warrior, but being a "mother" of a bunch of assholes worked.
>>
We just don't allow girls in our group. As a result we have never had issues with a Yoko Ono, and have had a pretty good track record of avoiding drama really.
>>
>>55020188
>Mortgages never cover the entirety of the house
Most people use mortgages to pay the difference between their house and the one they want, but we're talking about $15,000 houses in the heart of Detroit and shit like that. Real estate in some of these failing cities was (and still is) dirt cheap outside of the gentrifying areas.

There are actually a lot of stories of smart people buying up their neighborhoods and cashing out now that the city is doing better.
>>
My DM is a girl and has been our awesome forever DM for like five years now. If you are seriously so intimidated by a girl that you'd ban a whole gender from your group you need to either go jerk off because your lonely hornniness is creeping everyone out or you gotta go hug your mom because your mommy issues is.
>>
>>55027400
That sounds like a population control strategy, not an actual war.
>>
I'm the girl in my groups and I've never noticed anyone being quiet or obnoxious around me
>>
>>55028612
Your dumb is showing
>>
File: IMG_0020.jpg (747KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0020.jpg
747KB, 4032x3024px
>>55017732
Nah. Everyone in my group is a normalfag that picked up D&D ironically in college, but kept at it because booze-filled game nights are fun. Out of the 5-8 people in our circle 3 are girls, 2 of which are reliable regulars. We aren't autists, and we've all known each other for way too long. Flirting, social awkardness, political correctness, sensitivity, and secondary school-tier immaturity have never been issues since we've finished uni and started working.
>>
File: 1477813546410.jpg (218KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
1477813546410.jpg
218KB, 467x700px
>>55017668
Our group has girls. Nobody minds, since everybody's dating someone.
except me but I'm just depressed so that's okay
>>
>>55023534

Nanomachines.
>>
>>55019777

Count the Seven, Anon.
>>
>>55028539
War has always been a population control strategy anon.
>>
>>55025036
Republicans own homes, Democrats don't
>In Cleveland’s Republican-leaning ZIP codes, the rate of homeownership is an impressive 83 percent. In Democratic communities, it’s only 59 percent, well below the national average.
And yet Republicans are the "poor and uneducated"
>>
>>55029974
>Republicans own homes
That's not quite accurate. Banks own homes. Republicans are just stuck trying to pay off mortgages while they're told they "own" homes.
>>
>>55030225
Do your mortgage payments go up suddenly if the neighborhood you go in gets "gentrified"?
>>
>>55017814
They don't fucking play, they are posers. Every answer they give is "kick out people". It's the /b/ version of answering "raep" to "wat do".
>>
>ywn be the girl in the group
>>
>>55029974
I have no idea what politics has to do with what i said.
did you respond to the wrong person?
all i am saying is it is absurd to not be imagine actual poor people who literally could not afford an additional mortgage in any given time frame even if they had literally no other than their rent and food.
>>
>>55032369
not be able to imagine*
>>
>>55017668
>What is the solution?
start with players who aren't insufferably autistic.
>>
>>55017732
we scared off every single one, so no we were not more subdued
>>
>>55017668
The girl on my table is a dr. Shes kinda quite but has interesting PCs
Guess because we are all adults no one really care

>>55017677
They asking for it Anon with what they are wearing?
>>
>>55027400
Sounds like the very reason why so many 19th century wars, along with WW1, were such nightmarish experience for everyone
>>
>>55018642
The problem with idiots like you is - they don't understand bank aren't obligated in any way to give you a mortgage in the first place, because there is such thing like "credit ability".
And if you are poor, then said ability might be equal to 0. So a bank is playing a very risky gamble, fully knowing you won't be able to pay them off, but assuming that other borrowers will pay their due and that your property the bank will seize in case of not paying mortgage will cover for the money they've wasted on you.

Want to know the effect of last time when people were given mortgages, despite not having proper credit ability?
The 2007-08 financial crisis happend.
>>
>>55033137
It would be foolish, however, not to also hold banks accountable for granting said high risk transactions in the pursuit of profit, when that behaviour goes to the extent of the bank itseelf having its livelihood compromised by the risks it took, no?

Certainly, there are great difficulties to actually holding said institutions materially accountable. But if one is to speak of responsibility for the crisis, then it is theirs too.
>>
File: hvbn9bh8p9d0uxplnoym.gif (484KB, 320x178px) Image search: [Google]
hvbn9bh8p9d0uxplnoym.gif
484KB, 320x178px
>>55020481

The reverse is true as well. My best friend, the best roleplayer in the group, she has a fiance that, while a decent guy, in games he drives me up the wall with his LolRandom Chaotic Neutral crap. He's completely incapable of digging into the kind of intrigue-focused SR game I'm trying to run. And I can't get rid of him cause they're fucking getting married. Halp
>>
>>55027873
To be fair, anything like a pirate should be something that can conceivably break into. It may be incredibly rare, but it's not an organized society like a religious institution. A character would have to be able to prove themselves hyper competent - which sounds like either they are the exceptional individual designated by being a PC, or a character arc - "your dream is to be the captain of a pirate ship; and damned well are you going to achieve it".

A formal institution is a hell of a lot harder. Someone would have to be essentially able to make themselves a heretic ("I'm a priestess of this god", "okay well there's no priestesses - but you can be someone shaking up the formal structure, because the god is talking to you and the old guard isn't okay with that." - very Joan of arc).

To some extent I feel like if we are going to make a bunch of male only institutions there should be some female only ones as well - but I only hear about male only ones. A fantasy world is going to have some divergent views just because magic and superhuman abilities are potentially accessible to all (though only PCs manifest them - but not all PCs are male humans).
>>
>>55028509
I imagine that because it's failing, local residents probably don't have the money to do that, anon.
>>
>>55028539

Not really.
It's just a 'sport of kings' phase wars can get into.

Mostly it's all about a bunch of noblemen posing for each other & showing their badassitude by killing a whole lot of people (enemy if at all possible, but they're not picky) in brutal head-to-head slogging matches.

It all collapses real quick once a competent General (i.e.one that actually knows Tactics) comes into play.
>>
>>55033511
They could pool their money or get a $15,000 dollar loan much easier than a normal home loan. We're talking about lots just outside downtown selling for less than the value of the house on top of them.

They actually had a program where government employees could buy real estate at prices as low as $3000 for a lot.
>>
>>55033635
If they have no assets or income they might have a hell of a time getting approved for even a small loan. If they have no income they might have issues making payments as they are likely already having money issues.

I absolutely agree there's great ways to leverage it, but generally when the market collapses like that it's endemic of systemic issues in the area. You don't have a bunch of people with stable employment and assets to live on.
>>
>>55017757
gays are pretty great to play with. Admittedly I have no issues with leading them on for my in game advantage
>>
>>55017668
I don't play TTRPGs. Too nervous and don't have friends.

>>55020753
What is that pic from?
>>
>>55027400
This is retarded
>>
>>55017668
Actually, it's just you.
>>
File: 1501327462096.png (180KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1501327462096.png
180KB, 409x409px
My group is 4 female players, 2 male players, and a male dm. No problems ever.

I think it's very much more about the individuals involved, and less a generalized gender thing.
>>
>>55027400
The way Shingen and Uesegi did.
They would put their men into formation, build battlements, and determine who would win from the projected strength of their strategy.
The loser would redeploy his men.
>>
>>55035471
Roastie detected.
>>
>>55030302
Gentrified neighborhoods don't necessarily have properties available for purchase.
>>
>>55035695
Did you know having sex does not cause large labia majora
Genetics do
Wow science
>>
>>55017732
females ruin everything. refuse to play with girls. problem solved. get a new group that has y chrmosomes
>>
>>55036408
It does cause your vag to look like roast beef.
>>
>>55036430
>>55035695
virgin /r9k/fag detected
>>
File: I need a drink.jpg (13KB, 213x271px) Image search: [Google]
I need a drink.jpg
13KB, 213x271px
>>55017853
>Just remember that it's worth it for the four wheelers, guns, and giant barbecues.

Not when you're too poor for any of that.
>>
>>55036430
>>55035695
Hi Virt.
>>
>>55036499
I can teach you the ways of the poor fag, anon. Get a maverick 88 pump shotgun for 200 dollarydoos. Go shoot clays. Once you're past the initial hump, 25 dollars for a whole day of some of the most fun you can have is pretty affordable.
>>
>>55036508
>>55036486

Weak b8 anons
>>
>>55035661
So... What, totally hypothetical fighting?
>>
>>55017707
>How do I find non sperglords to play with?
You know when a casual asks something like "Is that D&D? Is it fun?" and you rudely brush them off because how dare they compare your sophisticated system to D&D (despite them having no way of knowing the difference based on their current experiences)? Instead, try introducing them to what they may become interested in as a hobby, and be supportive and understanding when they make early stupid decisions that newbies make. After they get properly into the hobby, you now have a normie to play ttrpgs with.
All of my group but one were just coworkers that asked to join a session out of curiosity.
>>
>>55036743
Yeah, screw nerds. We don't need them, they're ugly.
>>
>>55017732
Long time forever GM here.

I have had groups of 4 with any combination of men and women. I have twice seen some SJW sperglord sperg out, and I just kicked them from the group after they ignored two warnings. The girls who act up are told to tone it down, and they do, and cause no further issues.

Sometimes I see small changes in the dynamic in the first 2 or 3 sessions, and then it stops. People don't care about your gender in game. They might flirt and act dumb around each other, but in most cases, it doesn't affect the game, and when it does, it is because they do some in-game relation, which is a massive improvement over the edgelord loners.
>>
>>55018191
Being nerdy is fine. Being socially awkward is fine. Being unable to function with the group to the point where you're having to ostracize groups of other people who have done nothing wrong just to accommodate you is not fine.
>>
>>55036743
Yeah this is really the thing. Nothing wrong with existing tabletop nerds if they're good people (which many are), but you should always prioritize the person being a good part of the group over existing tabletop experience. If you can't find good tabletop nerds and have to pick between people who can't function in the group and people who have no tabletop experience, pick the latter. Just ask friends and acquaintances if they're at all interested and offer to introduce them to it.
>>
>>55037417
Telling that to /tg/ is a little hypocritical.
>>
>>55018398
I thought we were talking about guys who were nervous around women, and became quiet around them.
>>
>>55037493
Why?
>>
>>55037558
Because /tg/ enjoys driving out people who have badwrongfun and likes ostracizing them.
>>
>>55033250
I never said it was fault anyone else than idiot bankers, so I'm not sure what are you trying to achieve here.

The tl;dr version of the whole crisis boils down to fuck-huge deregulation of American banking institutions and laws safeguarding them ever since Reagan administration. They've literally bundled together all the risky mortgages, divided the bundles randomly and then sold them like stock for investors. If the mortgages in your chunk are paid, you made profit. If not - taugh luck.

And this makes just as much sense as it sounds - none. They were literally playing a roulette with mortgage bundles.
>>
All men behave differently around women, and women all behave differently around men.
The more autistic ones tend to behave differently by being quiet and avoiding attention, while the more "chad" like ones act like annoying attention grabbing cunts.
There's a middle ground of behavioral change where its not annoying or frustrating, but its there in 100% of men. (at least straight ones)

Sorry if this breaks your egalitarian fantasies, but people do care and will always care about the gender of the people they are around.
We are hard wired as a species to behave this way.
There is no room to disagree with any of this in the face of our knowledge of evolution.

>hurr never happened with my group!
Yes it does, and if you're too autistic to notice it, that's not my problem.
>>
>>55030302
Mortgage payment is based on your agreed interest rate and principal. Property taxes can go up that way though.
>>
>>55037722
>I'm underage and yet I'm using 4chan: The Post
Alternatively, you are no longer underage, but still have a mind of a 12 year old.

Which is sad.
>>
>>55033424
She picked him over you, get over it
>>
When did /tg/ start pussyfooting around this shit
>>
>>55037748

>name-calling instead of responding to the content of my post
yes, clearly I must be the underage one
>>
>>55037794

Started about late 2012
Full swing early 2014 iirc
>>
File: (You).png (534KB, 1156x999px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
534KB, 1156x999px
>>55037796
Here is the proper reply the first anon apparently forget
>>
Half this thread is /r9k/ virgins and the other half is plebbitors white knights. The later is worse but the first one is cancer too.

Jesus christ /tg/ I thought you were better than this.
>>
>>55018398
Oh God. I hate these people.

So I was part of this group with 4 guys. 1 of them was a very quiet type. Slightly overweight, but nothing too bad, and he was... nice enough. The others were cool, but this guy...

At first, he just did this
>I hope you will never hate me
thing, which was... weird at best.

Then he showed up at my place, and wanted to give me a ride to the game... which was weird, because I had deliberately not told anyone where I live, my address is protected (so no public records), and I use no social network sites.

Then later we had a short window of time where, for a lot of reasons, we were left by ourselves in the GMs house (accident happened, 3 of them left for the ER). He talked a lot, far more than usual, almost as if he was nervous, and suddenly said;
>Don't hate me if I ever hurt you, okay?
I excused myself and locked myself in the bathroom until the others got back 10 minutes later, after having dropped off the injured player. I was 99% certain I was going to get raped if I hadn't locked myself up, and they hadn't gotten back so soon.

I have had so many troubles finding a new group after that, both because I felt that I had to move out of town (and away from the otherwise great group) but also because I legit have nightmares about this guy, or a similar type of person being present in another group.
>>
>>55037889
>the only winning move is to walk away
>>
>>55038243
I want to know that guy's side of the story. It's possible that he's socially retarded, but either way nobody would interact with someone like that. Nobody likes a half-baked adult.
I don't interact with people anymore outside of working or anything necessary. Pissed off acquaintances too much with my social retardation, so I guess I'll die alone. I even worry that someone will go after me to pre-emptively defend someone.
>>
>>55027400
If anyone has read The Once and Future King, there is an interesting play on this. King Arthur's reign is deeply anachronistic due to having been raised by Merlin, who perceived time backwards and "remembered" more recent time periods. Because of that, he brings modern total war into what at the time is supposed to be roughly a 10th century Britain, and most noblemen are so horrified by the concept that by large they surrender

Then the time period loses all coherence nearing the end, mostly so Camelot can be dropped a few hundred years into its presumed future or past while still being led by King Arthur
>>
>>55017668
>Many of us know of this problem, have a group which has good dynamics, introduce a girl to the group and the chemistry changes for the worse, as multiple people who are usually fine change their behavior and become more quiet, or obnoxious.
Play with someone who isn't a virgin? I dunno dude we're all in our thirties (bar one) and half of us are married, that problem doesn't really happen.
>>
>>55037889

Most of /tg/ is ignoring this thread. I mean, shit, it even starts with the classic mastermind "THIS IS A TROLL THREAD" image.
>>
>>55038721

The way to solve social ineptitude is practice. Start with a low-stakes environment you can walk away from, pick up a social hobby you can quit if you need to.
>>
Women don't give a fuck about "taste" they just want to feel good - if your taste makes them feel good then use it

If they listen to Beach House then you can say you're into it and it adds some emotional depth and vibes that can be positive

What really matters is just knowing what the fuck you're doing in general or else you're gonna be fucked and she's not going to think you're alpha and worth her time

She has to have the illusion - or reality - that you're one of the "alpha" men on some level

Which you can create or live in many different ways, it's up to you

But christ, making women the center of your world sounds so horrible. They really are pathetically trivial creatures in general.

At the same time, you can learn so much from them... honestly it just is something I don't know how to solve, an endless mystery almost

All I know is better to be alpha than a cuck, at the same time though if you get too attached to being alpha, you lose your sense of self and your existence

It's just generally really frustrating and confusing to me with the end result being the sense that I'm literally incapable of relating to or respecting women on any level

I literally just see them as sort of like mentally handicapped children - all of them

I can't respect them

I mean these words completely and it's really upsetting and frustrating
>>
File: 6aa.png (229KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
6aa.png
229KB, 576x432px
>>55038833
Oh look, the same tired copypasta from /r9k/.
Fuck off!
>>
>>55020390
>>55019803
>>55019397
I think you guys are missing the point. The salient point of this is actually not that a woman was involved, but that Player A invited another player, who in turn invited another player and together they took their first opportunity to depose the DM and kick him out.
This implies the DM would not have been kicked out if the additional two players weren't invited. So at it's core this must've been a socio-political maneuver and the "female holy warrior" aspect is just an excuse.

Someone wanted anon gone and the group theirs, so they called for an easy way to get more blood that would naturally agree with each other and him. The moral of the story is to always watch your back and keep poison darts ready for "friends" who will betray you for status and power.
>>
>>55017668
Holy shit dude, I've played with hormonally raging teenagers and socially awkward actually autistic kissless virgins, and even then I've never had what you've described. It's like my life shouldn't be real.
>>
>>55017732

I can say with 100% certainty that I have never had this happen, and this has been with more than one group.
>>
I see everyone shooting at the sperglords for not being able yo interact with vaina humans, but no one talk about the actual cancer: normies.

In my expierence sperglords of different power level tendrá to be self aware enough to know that vaginas do not care about them and that they still want to share their hobby with other sentient beings. So they generaly behave well, and if one goes out of line a good dm can e asilo correct.

But normies are different, they know they can fuck with the vagina carrier and lack the self awareness to realize that its not the place or time to flirt or miss behave.

Mostly in my experiencia, normies are the most cancerous players, having some crazy stories about them trying to fuck.
>>
>>55038243
Your response was kind of extreme, anon.
>>
>>55039838
Turn off spanglish autocorrect on your phonista, anon.
>>
>>55040291
The immediate reaction is fine, the being scared for life part is kinda nuts.
>>
I have not had any significant in person interaction with anyone outside work or my relatives in years, and have never known intimacy
>>
>>55017668

You could just not be fucking beta males?
>>
>>55017668
>introduce a new player to the group and the chemistry changes for the worse
ftfy
>>
>>55017668
Have you tried not playing with permavirgins?
>>
>>55040381
pathetic losers like you have no place in society
>>
>>55020451
Except they did adjust; they switched over to kakies. People in the past weren't all hidebound idiots.
>>
>>55017668
Two girls have come and gone to our group and at no point did anything change. It's almost like people just wanna play a game
>>
>>55017757
>>55017773
>>55017993
>>55018036
>>55018147
>>55018153
>>55018398
>>55018475
>>55018916
>>55019664
>>55019691
>>55020152
>>55020203
>>55021410
>>55023321
And yet you are all posting on a white nationalist chinese cartoon website. Congrats, you're a sperglord too.
>>
>>55038243
I'd put money on that guy having either a very recent terrible breakup, or a seriously weird relationship with his mom.
>>
>women join our roleplaying club after one of our members brought his gf
>like a gaggle of them, 8 or so, all at once
>they play their own games in their own room
>need to get some splatbooks, it's somewhat late in the evening, would guess they've been in there about 3-4 hours
>knock and enter
>they're just sitting and talking. Not a single rulebook out, a character sheet or fuck, even some dice
>slowly backing out since one of them is looking at me like she wanted to eat me
>they all stopped coming eventually, 2 left pretty fast, the other 6 all got boyfriends in our nerd club and just stopped showing up
I'm 90% certain they were just looking for guys.

note: this was back when I was 18-19, and hookup culture wasn't a thing.
>>
>>55040362
Not really proud of it, either.

The vibe he gave off still haunts me. I wish it didn't, but when the group later questioned him, and, according to the group, he "refused to answer, and ended up leaving the group and never coming back".

The thing that irks me the most, is still that he knew where I lived. Nobody else in the group did. My workplace didn't know. The address was hidden. He shouldn't have known.

The thought of someone stalking you is terrifying, especially when he acts like he might suddenly do something he believes "might make me hate him".
>>
>>55017732
I've only had girls in the group twice. Once was one of the player's wives and she only lasted like 2 sessions before leaving. The other is my group now and it works fine. Although that could be because it's online.
>>
>>55038721
I have met people who was perfectly reasonable and nice in an all-male company.

As soon as a girl shows up, they go into this strange, super creepy, stalkerish mode. They'll constantly attempt to get close to the girl, constantly attempt to "pick her up or drive her home", even if she has a car herself, or lives literally 2 minutes on foot from the gaming place.

And it is never the flirty way. It is always this super unsettling way, and it is always extremely obvious how uncomfortable the girls are with them. It doesn't help that one player suddenly didn't show up, because he literally had been caught raping a chick in the staircase of her apartment.

So yeah, could be super autism, but I can understand, from a male point of view, why they would literally scare off girls.

I am not a good social animal either - Too much of a beta factor to call then out, and too much of a faggot to care about girls in my group, but there is being socially retarded, and acting like a rapist. You sound more like the first, anons post sounds like the second.
>>
>>55037152
>when it does, it is because they do some in-game relation, which is a massive improvement over the edgelord loners.
My experience as well.

Most people tend to play these "cool and mysterious liner types", who has no personality, and refuses to properly interact with the party members if they aren't exchanging equipment or supplies, and only focuses on their own little thing.

Chicks tend to do more than just combat. If they end up in a relationship of some kind with another player, or just hit it off well, thry have a tendency to put a lot of effoet into making a backstory like "long lost family", become friends or partners of some kind in game, or straight up lovers. All cases are great. I haven't seen it go badly yet, and having played with at least
>>
>>55041031
Fuck, accidentialy hit post.

But in short, I have played in a lot of different groups, and have never seen any issues with this. It is a breath of fresh air.

And no, it never develops into any weird ERP, not if you only play with non-autistic ordinary human beings.
>>
>>55037417
That's basically my stance on that. I don't really give a shit if people are nerdy or socially awkward, but I expect people to more or less be able to function in society.

>>55037722
This is why you play with grown ass adults, anon.

>>55040972
Alpha/beta doesn't fucking exist, anon. Outside of that: Personally I'm super fucking uncomfortable sharing time with people that SEEM fine, but come with disclaimers for half the god damned population.
>Yeah, X is a really nice dude, but seriously don't ever get in a solo situation with him because he gets fucking creepy/rapey.
I know dudes like this. I stay away from dudes like this, because I don't really want to associate myself with that behavior, or passively encourage it.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.