[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone on /tg/ rich enough to buy Invisible Sun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Anyone on /tg/ rich enough to buy Invisible Sun?
>>
If they were rich enough, hopefully they were smart enough not to.

Although in some ways I am glad that bizarre piece of nonsense got funded. It'll be fun to watch people do teardowns and analysis of all the supposedly super hidden mysteries and then clearly collate all the information on a wiki. It'll be fascinating to see the attempt at mystique so utterly undermined in an instant.
>>
>>55015303

I don't really know what you're talking about.

I mean, I think that's going to happen pretty quick is the scanning and copying of this data to online sources, since there's no .pdf version planned. I mean they say it's spread out too esoterically or whatever, but in the same sense, theres something retarded like 500 pages of game yapping. It's probably a really standard system with a bunch of tokens.
>>
>>55015472

I think the wiki is the real threat. The puzzle-hunters will get the PDF scans but their answer keys and the basic will just get uploaded in summary, and the system itself has no IP protections just that specific presentation of it.

There's a part of me that really hopes he's built something interesting and useful that will have an existence beyond the kickstarter cash-grab, but I have to say I doubt it. But if it is good system and it ever does come out in a no-bullshit rules-and-recommendations-only PDF I could easily see myself dropping $20 on it.
>>
>>55015973

Well I still don't understand exactly what you mean. I mean the core of the game, as I understand it:

- The cypher system
- Mage: The Awakening/Ascension lore
- Rules that allow players to miss sessions but still gain XP
- P R E S E N T A T I O N which is the biggest thing MCG has going for it, expensive art, expensive books lots and lots of shit.

Why would a wiki kill it? Wikis dont kill DnD?
>>
What the fuck is invisible sun?

Okay I just googled it and it's another fucking Monte Cook game. I thought he retired. God Numenera was shit.
>>
>245 dollars for all of that shit

Look I'm not saying that isn't 245 dollars of shit, but it doesnt look like it. That can buy a lot of fucking minis, anon
>>
>>55019195

Because the whole game was sold on the mystique and the mystery. Analyse and distribute that and it won't have much left.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.