[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 451
Thread images: 78

File: death guard morto.jpg (158KB, 1000x790px) Image search: [Google]
death guard morto.jpg
158KB, 1000x790px
New Death Guard Announced Edition

Ad Mech are next codex sub-edition

>Death Guard preview
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/codex-death-guard-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos comeback is on.
https://konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine and Codex Grey Knights FAQ
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/20/chaos-space-marines-and-grey-knights-updates-now-availablegw-homepage-post-4/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
https://mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
https://mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-Anon doing the Emperor's work)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing
>>
Leaker redeemed edition?
>>
>>55007176
1. Lorgar- He felt betrayed by the Emperor, found gods who demanded worship and showed him a dying shrineworld as a possible future if humanity didn't embrace them.

2. Angron- Rage Against the Machine: the primarch. Even if the Emperor had touched down and rescued Angron and his gladiators he still would have rebelled. The Red Anarchist fought for one thing: freedom.

3. Curze- Never had a chance. His mind was damaged from childhood and he was going to be put down eventually.

4. Fulgrim- Loyal to the Imperium but was possessed by a daemon as a consequence of his hubris.

5. Horus- Nothing but ego here. He thought that the Emperor had abandoned the crusade and didn't deserve credit for Horus' accomplishments. Also deceived by Erebus and the chaos gods.

6. Magnus- Imagine you and your legion are unparalleled at one thing. Imagine that thing is then banned and when you try to help you make things worse and people start attacking you.

7. Perturabo- Just a bitter shit that felt unappreciated.

8. Alpharius- The old lore is that he turned traitor to prove the tactics of his legion were superior to the Ultramarines. Black Library wank is that he had to join chaos to destroy it from the inside.

9. Mortarion- Deceived by his first captain and only turned to save his legion. You could argue Nurgle had a hold of him from the very beginning what with the poison, scythes, and Deathshroud walking 49 (7x7) paces behind him but the other three champion(?) primarchs are pretty clear-cut as well.
>>
>>55008028
>>55008016
I haven't linked this thread to the old one you faggots.

I just made it a bit early to sort out a few changes in the link list.
>>
>>55008036
Didn't realize we needed permission to post in your thread' ohpee.
>>
>>55008036
rofl as if it fucking matters
>>
>>55008028
Perturabo felt like a simple tool.Where his brothers were getting all the glory in battlefield,he and his legion were building trenchs and fortresses in the conquered worlds.

Also he got angry when big e named Rogass praetorian of terra
>>
File: Imperial gunline.jpg (1MB, 1512x2016px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial gunline.jpg
1MB, 1512x2016px
>>55007999

[childish shooty noises]

nice trips
>>
>>55008118
Say what you like but this is what peak performance looks like.
>>
>>55008118

>7-units orbital bombardment

Yes please.
>>
>>55008113
t.bootlicker
>>
File: 1496550039421.jpg (433KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496550039421.jpg
433KB, 600x600px
>>55008116
>Perturabo felt like a simple tool.
He is. That's exactly how the Emperor saw him.
>>
>>55008132

that actually happened in that game. Took 2 wounds of three characters each, fried a lascannon team, 4 wounds on tanks, half a dozen dead infantry
>>
>>55008028
Angron is the biggest faggot in the universe.
>Wants freedom
>Fights for Horus a tyrant
>Life wasnt nice to me, hate Girlyman for it
>Sanguinius, Curze, Corax, Lion, Khan, Mortarion all got into death traps of worlds that almost killed them as infants and then reconquered the whole shit.
>Angron wanted to die with his brothers and sisters like a cuck instead of asking the Emperor to take them away.,
>>
File: Fucking humies.png (404KB, 383x524px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking humies.png
404KB, 383x524px
>>55007999

>AdMech getting a codex before Orks
>AdMech getting a codex before IG
>AdMech getting a codex before Ynnari Eldar
>Admech getting a codex before Tau
>AdMech getting a codex before ANYONE

Wot da zog Geedubz?
AdMech after the Death Guard for codexes? ZOGGIN' ADMECH?!

Nothing against the cogboyz, but in terms of relevance the Adeptus Mechanicus is a pretty low priority compared to the rest of 40k.
>>
>>55008139
>t. will never hold down a proper job and likely live for the rest of his life on welfare or working at walmart
All because daddy told you to do something and he didn't explain why. Sad.
>>
File: IMG_20170822_191913.jpg (3MB, 2610x4640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170822_191913.jpg
3MB, 2610x4640px
>>55007999

Fuck this model.

That is all.
>>
>>55008166

I think at least a xeno army will get a dex first, but AdMech is the faction that needs a dex more badly, they are currently shit-tier
>>
>>55008175
I'm in the middle of painting my Bloat drone and I know your feel, I think.

So many little bits hidden behind shit and so much stuff.
>>
>>55008140
Yeah but he could have showed more respect for Perturabo,giving him a title and recognize him as the master of siege
>>
>>55008196
Not to mention it turning into a fine resin paste whenever you try to transport it.
>>
>>55008200
What other primarchs whine about not having a title?
>>
>>55008195
>I think at least a xeno army will get a dex first
nope. Imperium and chaos this year, xenos next year.
>>
>>55008166
If you want to allocate codexes based on relevance, Admech would be right up there and Marines would be WAAY down the bottom. Admech arm the entire Imperium including the Marines and are pretty much the most powerful organization in the Imperium de facto, Marines have less than a million troops in a galaxy of over a million worlds and have very little impact in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>55008113
LOL have you? Giving an employee training on how and why they perform their role is key to getting them to perform it at maximum efficiency. Many companies have new employees visit different departments so they understand how parts of the business work together. Most of the huge ones do this especially. And it's not just about following orders, you have to understand the order.
>here's the tilling system you will use
>cool, how do I use it? when do I start training?
>lol wtf just use it. retard. figure it out
>wtf why haven't you finished with this customer yet? there's a huge queue! fucking moron
>>55008137
It was more like:
>don't pour water in the pan
>why? what will happen if I do?
>stop fucking asking questions, idiot
You would make a terrible parent. Children are naturally curious and if you don't explain to them the concept of danger, and what that danger means, they will wonder what you mean. If the Emperor told Magnus that pouring water inside the pan would cause it to explode and seriously hurt himself and everything around him, he probably would not have done it. However, he was not told what pouring water in a pan would do.
>>
guys about the poxwalkers "curse of the walking pox" can the unit grow to more than 20 models?
>>
>>55008166
Just llike GKs, they are a minor faction that GW won't make new models for so might as well get there dex out at the same time as the one for a major release.

>inb4 DG isn't a major faction

They are big in the 8th edition marketing. That's also the reason why they get 5 new kits as well
>>
>>55008195
Admech aren t shit tier. What's is shit tier about us though is the fact that we have 2 fucking HQs in the entirety of our army. I play Ryza mechanicus and relying on Cawl makes me feel like shit
>>
So whats the crack with the varfies flavours of elfdar (pansies, clowns and rape elfdar)? From the looks of it DE got a staggering boost and are now pretty good now that assault is viable against and wyches can shitloads of attacks. Harlies look to be a tiny model count force of undiluted rape where 35 pimped harlies will chew through entire chapters all day every day and pansy craftworlders appear to be (naturally) toned down but all the aspects Just Werkâ„¢ now.

I know not of Ynnari - while soulbursting is awesome for harlies and DE trading away rising crescendo and Power from pain for it doesn't seem worth it.
>>
>>55008200
Literally this. A couple pats on Perty's back and he wouldn't have gone over
>>
>>55008232
Yes
>>
>>55008162
Sanguinius,Lion,Khan,and Mortarion had dads and dindnt get enslaved.Also Corax didnt land in death world,its was more like Fulgrim.And Curze was hidden,refused by everyone,but didnt got mutilated and forced to fight
>>
>>55008195
>needs a dex more badly, they are currently shit-tier

I can't take this seriously.
Everyone whines about being overnerfed and shit. Literally every faction.
Even Guard players try and whine about things sometimes

>if you nerf conscripts they'll be bad tho
>>
>>55008214
Lion el'Jonson did when he wasn't named Warmaster. So did Guilliman.
>>
File: 1485700730440.jpg (140KB, 600x921px) Image search: [Google]
1485700730440.jpg
140KB, 600x921px
So what kind of Your Dudes capacity is left in 8th? Loyalist chapter tactics is mostly picking a progenitor's tactics while CSM Renegades get just "U Go Fest", and I'd guess later codices will either lack options for lesser known/custom groups or just have an umbrella one for them. Heretics and Renegades is literally just guard with a sprinkle of chaos and no customization and no IA in sight.
>>
How do space marine chapters decide were to go? Do they wait for orders from terra or do they just wander their sector looking for trouble? Or both?
>>
>>55008118
and here we see more Guardfaggotry, as they spam the same image every other general. Same with those fucking Ogryns
>>
>>55008253

I don't play AdMech, and they ARE shit-tier
>>
>>55008225
Not even a fucking equivalency, nevermind a false one. The primarchs all already knew how to fucking massacre things, they were well into building their own weapons. It's more like
>here's the tilling machine you'll use, I hope you remember your training
>1 week later
>this job is boring, make me manager or else
Fucking chaosfags are delusionala as shit.
>>
>>55008214
Pertu just needed some dad love.The other primarchs were conquering the galaxy while he was digging holes.The only thing he wanted is that others recognize his useful dirty work,specially dad
>>
>>55008261
Get fucked "M-muh dudes!" nigger, age of Primarchs is upon us.
>>
>>55008293

>Good job perty

>Now go check the bathrom, after Mortarion went in I think the sewers are overflowing again.
>>
>>55008218
>imperium
>Sweet I'm getting new stuff for my IG, Inquisition, SoB or Admech this year!
Oh you meant marines and edgy marines this year.
>>
>>55008261
Nids can be good "your dudes" since none of the hive fleets will matter until a codex gets dropped.
>>
>>55008225
>Children are naturally curious and if you don't explain to them the concept of danger, and what that danger means, they will wonder what you mean.
It's almost like the Emperor didn't have fucking time to deal with any of that shit because he already knew that the Chaos Gods were after him in some shape or form. Which is why they had a fucking massive incursion of Daemons ready to go when the toilet when kaplat.

Either way the fucking point stands. When someone, especially the person that literally genetically engineered and created you and is the most powerful human being in existence, tells you do something, you should probably do it.
>>
>>55008261

Well <your dudes> have the advantage of switching trait/tactics/etc from game to game as you prefer. They pay for it by losing named characters.
>>
>>55008293
>>55008308
You both realize that all the bad shit that was happening to Pert was due to basically his own umbrage and pre-emptively shitting on others because he thought they hated him, and Horus, not the Emperor, flooding him with the worst combat zones that could be found to break his will.
Right?
>>
>release 5 human codexes in a row
>not a single xenos codex in sight

I guess we truly are the NPCs...
>>
>>55008261
Are you seriously complaining about chapter and legion tactics?

The problem I have with 8th's customization is the limited wargear options on HQs.
>>
>>55008312
Admech is next, what the fuck are you talking about
>>
File: DeathGuardArmyShot_Content.jpg (789KB, 1000x643px) Image search: [Google]
DeathGuardArmyShot_Content.jpg
789KB, 1000x643px
1. NEW Blight-drone weapons. One big and one that looks like CC variant.
2. Typhus!
3.Termies!
4.Multi-pose Plauge Marines
5.Another obscured pic of that new tank.

Im so glad I rolled with Papa in 8th. I love those new drones so Im super hyped for new weapons on them.
8TH BELONGS TO THE NURGLE!!!
>>
File: 1373505864582.jpg (220KB, 719x800px) Image search: [Google]
1373505864582.jpg
220KB, 719x800px
>>55008218
>Imperium and chaos this year, xenos next year.
As annoying as that might be since it would mean my boyz will be without post-8th fluff except for what we get from other codexes for awhile, given Orks are now a force to be reckoned with in 8e with only the Index rules (and still are even against the special rules Chaos and SM have now), I am... strangely okay with this possibility.

>>55008317
>Nids can be good "your dudes" since none of the hive fleets will matter until a codex gets dropped
Unless that Hive Fleet is Leviathan. That Fleet's just straight up fucked 40,000 ways to Sunday as of 8th.
>>
File: 1396908942857.jpg (143KB, 809x770px) Image search: [Google]
1396908942857.jpg
143KB, 809x770px
hey guys does anyone have a picture of a group of converted cadians ?
they had brown carapace armor, the winged skull on the helmet had been filed off and the lasgun muzzle was snipped off
can't for the life of me find it
>>
>>55008358
>4 marines and mechanicus
>human

And yes Xenos are NPCs and Eldar and Tau are NPCs that don't know their place.
>>
>>55008312
as if xenos is getting new shit either. I'm talking about codexes
>>
>>55008175
Does it break as easily as other finecast?
I wanted to get one of those but was afraid it will just break, especiall as i dont have foam case yet.
>>
>>55008331
>Either way the fucking point stands. When someone, especially the person that literally genetically engineered and created you and is the most powerful human being in existence, tells you do something, you should probably do it.
Why?
Why should I beside fear of retribution?

Where is guarantee that just because someone is strong that he is wise, fair and just?
Should we make so strongest boxer in country rules cause he is "most powerful human being in our country"?

Power does not equate right.
>>
>>55008261
just... use the tactic that you think makes the most sense for your dudes? Named characters would be limited to whoever's tactic you end up using, but convert your own guy as a 'counts-as'. As long as your opponent isn't a complete faggot, why would that be a problem what you call your toy soldier? As long as its clear what he's supposed to be rules-wise, that is.
>>
>>55008331
Kids always see their parents as the most powerful being in the universe, until they mature. The Primarchs were not mature people. They had no relatable figures in their youth. It's important for a child's psychological development to be able to relate to their parent. When the Primarchs, mentally immature as they were due to being demi-gods with no relatable people, found their true father, they wanted encouragement. Kids thrive on it. The Emperor denied certain ones the encouragement they needed, and naturally they rebelled.
>>
>>55008261
what is the problem with using one of the established traits for your dudes? they could either be splinters or successors or whatnot from already existing fluff or you can create a brand new fluff for them and give them an existing trait, although I guess that would require you to put some effort in the fluff of your dudes. So either you are short sighted or plain lazy
>>
>>55008297
Other than baiting, what exactly is wrong with Your Dudes?

Personally, My Forge Dudes will continue beating each and every snowflake Primarch to be released to death with Electropriests and vastly enjoying it, since said Primarchs can wipe my army a dozen times and it won't approach a shadow of the amount of damage the Imperium or the forces of Chaos take if I bring down one of them and/or a whole bunch of Marines.

>>55008338

To be fair, they CAN take named characters if you want to stick with one Tactic or play one tactic for long enough for it to be worth making the NC, you just do a counts-as with the rules. My Archmagos will look nothing LIKE Cawl aside from being roughly the same size, but he's still using his rules since he's the only Archmagos going.
>>
>>55008358
Eventually my dude, eventually.
>>
>>55008218
That sucks, xenos are way cooler than the various flavors of space fag.
>>
>>55008382
please gw. PLEASE do this for emperors children. I'll never bitch about the look of daemonettes again.
>>
>>55008355
Not really.Horus told him to siege every imperial fortress and destroy them all,and Pertu saw that as an honour.He doesnt care about making that,he just wants empathy from his brothers,that is why he is now the less emphatic.
>>
>>55008225
you're absolutely right, children are naturally curious. which means either you think the traitor primarchs are children, or you think they are adults who are not responsible for their actions.
>>
>>55008416
>Should we make so strongest boxer in country rules cause he is "most powerful human being in our country"?
Not really, no, especially considering that one bullet is all it's take to put an end to him. Whereas the Emperor could quite literally kill every president on earth right now and their sucessors in a single day if he wanted to.

>Power does not equate right.
Except that it does. Welcome to reality, you daddy issues libshit. Stop me from taking away your rights.
>>
File: images.jpg (18KB, 212x237px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18KB, 212x237px
>>55008405
>>
>>55007999
>AdMech getting special tactics for seven different forge worlds
Not even a cogfucker but that's fucking awesome. Glad to see GW is actually fleshing out each faction like this.
>>
>>55008440
At least 1ksons have tzaangors. I wish we got a full space beastmen and women army.
>>
>>55008382
Also the flies from the new Blightwar are making it into Codex DG and probably Codex: Daemons of Chaos
>>
File: daen.jpg (72KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
daen.jpg
72KB, 720x960px
How's this for Great Unclean One?
>>
>>55008449
You made me feel feels I didnt wanted to feel. I dont know If GW can pull that off, minis so cool I forget how ugly demonets are.
>>
File: flies.jpg (1MB, 940x1531px) Image search: [Google]
flies.jpg
1MB, 940x1531px
>>55008480
FUCK. Forgot image.
>>
>>55008480
>>55008498
They arent that new, and were already in 40k IRC.
>>
>>55008498
>>55008480
Are you retarded? They are a thing already.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Chaos-Daemons-Plague-Drones-of-Nurgle
>>
>>55008491
I like his hat
>>
>>55008463
Yeah, that's true. They're slow rolling the cool factions in the humie factions in favor of boring deathguard and grey knights (probably the most boring of all the space fag factions)

Why not release codexes for interesting CSM and SM instead? A fire themed Salamander codex. An EC codex?

Or focus on non space fag versions of the Imperium and Chaos. A SoB codex, and a Chaos Eldar codex! Those would be sick.
>>
>>55008491
sexy, use her
>>
>>55008491
That just looks like the average beaner
>>
>>55008458
>FW 1 gets rerolls charge
>FW 2 gets morale rerolls

lets see if they are actually interesting and not CT reruns first
>>
File: sisters out of stock.jpg (107KB, 892x575px) Image search: [Google]
sisters out of stock.jpg
107KB, 892x575px
So I'm considering forgoing the endless wait for plastic sisters and starting some basic SoB purchases (probably starting with a Exorcist and Immolator since that shit ain't going down in price even with new models), but all the shit is sold out on the GW site, and the same shit is more expensive on ebay. Assuming GW is going to restock this stuff, how long am I looking at? I was hoping to start buying shit next month, and keep building until the codex drops (when I can hopefully get some new boxes for the actual Sisters themselves).
>>
>>55008491
Well it's appropriately disgusting but I feel like it'd look better if it was more daemonic than gross fat kid. Tubby needs a weapon and some horns.
>>
"the commissar may take up to two items from the astra militarum melee weapons list"

does that mean we can have dual powerfist commissars now? uh... guys?
>>
>>55008498

Those flies aren't new. I've seen kits for them before. Or at least something very similar.
>>
>>55008498
Anon... those models are several years old.
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-AU/Chaos-Daemons-Plague-Drones-of-Nurgle
>>
What's the perfect amount of 3+ S6 AP-3 shots?
>>
File: 1487536986101.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1487536986101.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
>>55008432
>what exactly is wrong with Your Dudes?
It's the sign of autism.

I don't need to know the name of your commander. Give me the info on the wargear, tactics, relics, and warlord trait.
>>
File: 1463575341465.jpg (161KB, 728x1484px) Image search: [Google]
1463575341465.jpg
161KB, 728x1484px
>>55008516
>Chaos Eldar codex
>>
>>55008520
Why would you spend that kind of money on fucking awful models if you think new ones are coming.
>>
>>55008535
>>
>>55008537

You sir, are a sad little fuck.
>>
>>55008537
I bet you're a riot to play with
>>
>>55008535
>>
>>55008494
if we really want to set ourselves up for disappointment, maybe they'll release actually decent daemonettes.
>>
>>55008456
>Welcome to reality
Where every society that relied on personal power to much crumbled into the dust?

Stop deluding yourself that you have any personal strength and if you had any that it matter in a face of leviathan.

Even in 40k, strongest of man, Emperor of mankind is just a minor detail in front of might of Imperium that trashed most of what he stood for and uses him as fucking lighthouse.
>>
>>55008539
It's a thing in one of the latest BL books.
>>
>>55008537
Do you actually know what autism is?
>>
>>55008382
A box of 5 terminators, the DI terminator lord and I can make a nice corrupt Grave Warden unit. Then I can use all the BaC cataphractii as regular DG terminators.

Better hope they come with those plague marine grenade launchers.
>>
File: 1216984199318.jpg (14KB, 235x298px) Image search: [Google]
1216984199318.jpg
14KB, 235x298px
>>55008537
>I don't need to know the name of your commander
Some players like that shit because they find it fun. Not knowing that is a sign of autism, anon. An inability to relate, or empathize.
>>
>>55008563
But seriously, per unit
>>
>>55008567
Yes, because I play the game and finish it rather than wasting time.
>>
File: DeathGuardArmyShot_Content.jpg (399KB, 1728x1112px) Image search: [Google]
DeathGuardArmyShot_Content.jpg
399KB, 1728x1112px
>>55008382
Okay, so right set of termis are obviously Deathshroud, but are the others Grave Wardens? At least one of them is rocking what looks like a reaper autocannon.
Also, between those guys being four men and the Deathshroud being 3 + Typhus is it a fair assumption that this particular box consists of four terminators rather than the common five?
>>
>>55008594
>>
>>55008235
Sisters and our 1 troop choice think you need to stfu.
>>
>>55008561
>2017
>still has hope for SoB models
Anon please we know are going to get axed any time now.

t. SoB player
>>
>>55008537
>It's the sign of autism.
anon, you on a thread about playing with dolls. I'm sorry my wrong bad fun has offended you in regards to this very serious pastime.
>>
>>55008589
I'm wondering if Typhus is part of a Plague Lord multi-option kit, like a Lord of Change and Fateweaver, or a Hive Tyrant/Swarmlord.
>>
File: 1499226229549.png (355KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1499226229549.png
355KB, 480x640px
>>55008537
>>55008599

You are pic related.
>>
>>55008593
I know the reason, it's "autism"

I just don't care. All that matters is the toughness and saves.
>>
>>55008599
>"This is my commander bob, he is equipped with-"
>"REEEE I DONT WANT HIS LIFESTORY YOU'RE WASTING SECONDS OF MY VALUABLE TIME"
>>
>>55008579
>Where every society that relied on personal power to much crumbled into the dust?
Every society period crumbles into dust you dumbass.
>Stop deluding yourself that you have any personal strength and if you had any that it matter in a face of leviathan.
Get a load of this, the bitchy chaosfag is now making it personal. Protip, you're straying off the entire premise of the argument because I struck a nerve or two a little too hard. But that's natural for chaosfags.
>that trashed most of what he stood for and uses him as fucking lighthouse.
Which is why his empire still stands and he's venerated as an omnipotent god being.
>>
>>55008611
...D1
>>
>>55008633
>I just don't care
You are one of millions. You think that there is something wrong with YOUR DUDES because you yourself do not care about it, you probably have a mental development disorder like ASD or NPD.
>>
>>55008614

You know whats scary? From 3rd ed until 7th ed's sub-faction explosion SoB had more codices than chaos had within the same period. In fact SoB were updated quite frequently - its just that each update was shit.
>>
>>55008537
Man, talk about no fun allowed
>>
>>55008261
Are you really crying after 3e-4e trait/doctrines in 8e? That ship sailed a long time ago. No options/chapter traits (via army rule or warlord) have been a thing for a while now, and nothing has stopped me from using them. I just use the one that suits what I'm going for the most. For 8e I think I'll be using WS traits, since it suits their style the most.
>>
>>55008520
It keeps getting restocked and selling out every couple weeks. Set email alerts.
>>
>>55008561
I can ASSUME new models are coming, but at most I assume a new kit for basic Sisters, Retributors, Dominion and Seraphim squads. Probably with a few new sculpts for HQ choices. I just like the idea of having an Exorcist, Immolator and probably Penitent Engine, and don't assume they'll get new models (though I guess it's possible).

I can always hope that GW just won't bother restocking these because they're all getting replaced soon.
>>
>>55008520
SOB are all metal, just buy some off ebay and strip the paint
>>
>>55008613
Battle Sisters are a very good troop choice to be fair.
>>
>>55008692

>GW just won't bother restocking these because they're all getting replaced soon.

Or the metal masters are fucked and its not worth the effort to get another mold made.
>>
File: nXZbm.jpg (183KB, 620x450px) Image search: [Google]
nXZbm.jpg
183KB, 620x450px
>>55008402
bump
>>
>>55008623
Or the terminator kit, like how Nork is in the Ogryn box.

It's weird, almost like GW hated money or something.
>>
>>55008520
>retributor 3x the price of a Penitent Engine
lol what the fuck
>>
>>55008573
They could do old models in plastic and people would buy them by buckets. I know GW thinks that their game is played by 14yo(so they want it child friendly) but there isnt many autistic teenagers to spend that amount of cash on plastic sluts of chaos.
>>55008604
I would say its 5 man for Wardens and 3 man for Shroud. But It might be 4 for Wardens since we gon Lord of Contagion in starter.
Or it is that guy between Typhus and Drone with tank on the side.
>>
>>55008684
Will do.

>>55008703
I just picture some GW guys looking at old and busted molds, sipping tea. "Shit is fucked... just write the faction out of the lore somehow."
>>
>>55008175
No, fuck the dark apostle. His weapon keeps breaking and the star bits on his back are frail and bendy.
>>
>>55008419
>The Emperor denied certain ones the encouragement they needed, and naturally they rebelled.
Other than like, Perturabo, Lorgar and Mortarion who was denied encouragement? Magnus was told to not use sorcery, which I always took to be separate from Psykers, Horus was heaped with honours, Fulgrim was his own downfall. Angron is a tragic kind of character who couldn't really control himself, Alpharius/Omegon are a meme and Curze understood what would happen if he continued as he was, he just kept it up to prove to the Emperor that he was right.
>>
File: 1502402437019.jpg (158KB, 571x449px) Image search: [Google]
1502402437019.jpg
158KB, 571x449px
>>55008582
Yes, but autism referred here is more of the generalized obsessive behavior that's frown upon by 4chan users. If the argument gets heated verbally, I would've used the term sperg.
>>55008627
One sided fun is selfishness. The mutual enjoyment present is the act of playing the game.
>>55008634
I would not interrupt anyone. That would be rude. Also interrupting information on opponent's capacities would be a foolish thing to do.
>>
>>55008537
So what armies do you play? Straight boring Ultramarines or something with a bazillion named characters in every game? Talk about boring.

>>55008627

Hey, Cogboys have a fuckton of Your Dudes. Convert fucking everything, add all the chill character lore, six billion different subcults to screw with, etcetera. Cybernetic Space Whale, Respawning Clone Archmagos and Zombie Robot Legions are all entirely legit army elements.
>>
>>55008740
You talk like an autist lmfao
>>
>>55008639

Leviathan is the name of a theoretical concept in international relations, I don't think that dude meant it as a chaos reference.
>>
>>55008382
Oh shit I never noticed the close combat blight drone. Looks like he's got a roller.

The other looks like a long range blight weapon.
>>
>>55008639
>he's venerated as an omnipotent god being
Despite the fact that he wanted atheist Empire with focus on science and base of belief was laid down by one of traitors, and holy book of the Imperium is written by chaosfag.

I doubt that anyone in setting praises Emperor instead of false image of him.

No matter his strength his ideas were still destroyed by society.
He failed to change society that it faced his vision.
>>
I might have missed the answer, sorry. Rules question. If a unit fails a charge, does it still count as having charged? For example, does it still get a 3" pile in and 3" consolidate?

Likewise, let's say it completes a charge but another charging unit wipes the unit it charged into before it strikes. Does it still get a 3" pile in and 3" consolidation?

I can't see why not on either of those, as the Fight Phase just specifies a unit that has charged this turn.
>>
>>55008416
>Power does not equate right.
No, but the primarches knew and recognized that the Emperor not only was the most powerful human alive, but also the most knowledgeable one to be found about nearly every subject in the galaxy.
The reason they didn't listen to them boiled down to personal hubris.
>>55008454
This was before he broke down and turned traitor.
>>
>>55008775
No it does not count as charged.
>>
>>55008766
>Looks like he's got a roller.
Nurglebots roll out!
>>
>>55008721
GW prices, they never make sense
>>
File: File_000 (2).jpg (1MB, 2170x684px) Image search: [Google]
File_000 (2).jpg
1MB, 2170x684px
>>55008118
>finally have a fully painted army
>no one to play with
I am much saddened

also fuck those leaning termis, I need to put a rock under their fucking boots now
>>
>no orkus mechanicus codex
>no dark mechanicus codex
>no chaos eldar codex
>just endless retreads of space gary stus

In the grim darkness of 2017, there are only space marines.
>>
>>55008757
I know he's referring to Hobbes. I think it's a hilariously personal reference and the fact that he's focusing more on me as a person rather than the argument is just cute.
>>55008771
Because his atheist empire concept is inherently flawed. And there's nothing wrong with admitting that. You don't have to agree with Emps on everything in order to admit that he's united a galaxy spanning race and created the most powerful force in the galaxy as we know it.
>>
>>55008721
GW charges about $10 per girl.
>>
>>55008738
>not use sorcery, which I always took to be separate from Psykers
Sorcery USED to be different than Psykers. But that was retconned Sorcery = Psykers in current Fluff.
>>
>>55008491
> average/tg/user.jpg
>>
>>55008808
Age of Ultramarines is a thing you know?
>>
>>55008535
I'd go 4 or d6
>>
File: IMG_6181.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6181.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>55007999
Name my chaos sorcerer (T-Sons) helping alpha legion. Closets to 77 get picked automatically. The first name must no longer be than 5 characters.
>>
>>55008865
Blind Qoth
>>
>>55008865
Tobias the Melodramatic
>>
>>55008825
Older fluff made a difference between psykers, sorcerers, witches and warsingers
>>
>>55008752
>So what armies do you play? Straight boring Ultramarines or something with a bazillion named characters in every game? Talk about boring.
>preheresy 30k thousand sons using sm, csm codex
>post heresy thousand sons
>kroot "Tau"force and csm codex using Black Dragons that I'm trying to build in near future.

You asked.
>>
>>55008877
That was fucking fast.
>>
>>55008879
True. But that's old fluff that has been retconned. Psykers = Sorcerers now
>>
>>55008877
Oh, 5 characters

T'Bias?
>>
File: 1440717795444.jpg (42KB, 544x499px) Image search: [Google]
1440717795444.jpg
42KB, 544x499px
>>55008888
woah
>>
>>55008808
>no daemonkin codex for each of the 4 gods
>no filthy gaijin human allied tau codex
>no Ynnari/ultramarine alliance codex
>>
>>55008816
>his atheist empire concept is inherently flawed
So in the end despite being the mightiest of man he was wrong.
So might does not make right, what was my point from the start.
(or it does but not on individual level but that is other thing)
>>
>>55008891
Goddamn that's gay.
>>
>>55008895
t'bias is still 6 characters.
>>
>>55008891
New fluff is shit, they some how manage to make it less rich with each new addition
>>
File: 1495752652441.gif (1MB, 697x472px) Image search: [Google]
1495752652441.gif
1MB, 697x472px
>>55008888
DIS LAD IS SUPA FASTS

DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA
>>
>>55008918
Fine

His name is fucking Toby the Melodramatic
>>
>>55008819
Damn that's a cheap orgy
>>
>>55008891
Only in the GK dex was that philosophy espoused, and that is because they have no issues using both as a means to an end based on the Emperor's own mindset about them.
>>
HI all, I'm a GW tester, and we're working on the ork codex right now. We're testing a special rule, and I thought I'd get your thoughts.

>You may include any ONE vehicle army from any codex or index in an <CLAN> army. Replace all instances of a faction keyword in that vehicle's special rules with <CLAN>.

Basically, your clan can have a single looted vehicle, and gets its special rules, modified to work with your boyz. Do you see any obvious problems with this?
>>
>>55008988
I don't believe you, but yeah that seems alright.
>>
>>55008880
Then there's a decent chunk of Your Dudes in those armies. Unless you're playing 30k with them you'll have to explain your SM-Dex KSons aren't warp-corrupted or Rubrics, and why your Black Dragons haven't been shot in the head by the Big =][=, and unless there's some stuff in the Forge World indexes what all of your Kroot conversions are. It's not a massive step from that to giving your commander a name or writing a little bit about them, it's no great effort.
>>
>>55008270

new batrep coming tomorrow or Thursday
>>
>>55008988
>Ork Lord of Skulls
>Ork Baneblades
>Ork Teseract Vaults
>>
>>55008382
Anyone else find the plague tank underwhelming so far?

Design feels way too forced 30k for me.
Unless they reveal some fantastic shit with the detailed review I'm probably just gonna put sponsons on a vindi and do some nurglification.
>>
>>55008170
4 attacks base, +1 on charge for WE, +1 for khorne + 1 for warlord trait and +3 for dual talons =10

If using the Slaughterborn trait instead Exalted Champion he gets +1 Str too but needs to kill a character or monster first.

So that's 10S8 attacks on the charge without needing to take any wounds, and could potentially deny and force perils with the Brass Collar of Bhorgaster (WE relic)
>>
>7 brand new forgeworld special rules

Oh boy, you guys. Are you as excited about this as I am? I for one can't wait to see our exciting reroll 1's when your unit does x unique forgeworld tactics.
>>
>>55009010
Yeah, doesn't that seem awesome?
>>
>>55008988
>Do you see any obvious problems with this?
The looted vehicle is piloted by Orks (BS5+) yet can shoot like a Space Marine (BS3+)

Add a clause that the Vehicle has BS 5+ and its BS stat no longer decays (similar to how Sergeant Chronos always has BS2+)
>>
File: post-175-1242699836.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
post-175-1242699836.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
>>55008988
C-can you also bring back the Skullhamma? I've always wanted to convert one at some point....
>>
>>55009005
I don't need to explain anything beyond shaper being the ethereal proxy since that would be the sole piece that won't be wysiwyg
>>
>>55008988
Won't that cause problems if the vehicle in question is a character, like a GK Nemesis Grandmaster, or that Salamanders Dreadnought?
>>
>>55009033
I BET ONE TACTIC IS IGNORES COVER AND REROLL TO WOUND VS. BUILDINGS
>>
>>55009020
It's okay but looking so much like the vindicator without being based on the rhino feels super weird in a way
>>
>>55009066
Good point.

>>55009052
How about BS5, but it makes one more shot with its weapons?
>>
>>55009071
>Star Phantoms
>>
>>55008988
>any ONE vehicle

>loots leviathan dreadnought
hehe silly humies, just gotta pull out the pilot

Even though you are probably pretending, I'm bored. Please tease me with with Tau and Necron stuff.
>>
File: The Naming.png (68KB, 1510x224px) Image search: [Google]
The Naming.png
68KB, 1510x224px
Anybody happen to know if that one anon stuck to the tradition and really gave his chaos lord that most glorious name ?
>>
How do I give synapse to deep striking units like ravenors and lictors? Do I have options other than trygon prime?
>>
File: ReductorMissionStatement.png (733KB, 727x532px) Image search: [Google]
ReductorMissionStatement.png
733KB, 727x532px
>>55009071
Well, Ordo Reductor is a thing, and although they do a lot of other stuff too they're best known for being the siegemasters that would solve problems when the Marines miserably failed during the Great Crusade. That would suit them down to the ground, even if it would be complete trash due to Omnispexes and Kastelan Phosphor already ignoring cover.
>>
File: 1496096726872.jpg (45KB, 407x407px) Image search: [Google]
1496096726872.jpg
45KB, 407x407px
>>55008537
What part of fun do you not understand?
>>
>>55007999
Soon
>>
>>55008520
Exorcists under-perform in 8th imo.
Immolators are amazing, especially when they're granted Vanguard from Dominions.
Dominions themselves are great for alpha-striking things witha bunch of wounds.
Celestine is auto-take in any game 1000 points or more.
Haven't gotten any Retributors because it would mess with the synergy of my army, but heavy bolters look good.

>>55008697
eBay prices are far worse than GW.
Buy the legit thing or go recast.
>>
>>55008252
Luther was not the lions dad. He was a man by the time he was found.
>>
>>55009020
I will hold my judgement when proper pics arrive, for now Im optymistic.
>>
File: 1243482400178.jpg (99KB, 599x583px) Image search: [Google]
1243482400178.jpg
99KB, 599x583px
>>55008175
The booger on the right shoulder pad is a nice touch, anon.

>>55008263
>How do space marine chapters decide were to go? Do they wait for orders from terra or do they just wander their sector looking for trouble? Or both?
Little of column "a", a lot of column "b".
Some chapters have a central command that's in touch with the local Sector command; they tend to move in coordinated offensives, acting in support of the local military. This is the basic Marine setup; they'll usually have a few Strike Cruisers out on patrol or taking care of local offensives, with their Reserve Companies and the Initiates training on the homeworld, and the Devastator/Assault/Veteran companies assigned out as needed to each offensive.

Warden chapters, like the Ultramarines, have pocket empires and effectively >are< the local command. You wind up with multiple Chapters working in loose coordination to back up several Sectors.

Crusaders form up into loosely-organized fleets that wander around, raiding local Imperial worlds for recruits, putting down anything they run into, and calling up the local SecComm to see if they have any fires need putting out every so often. This is your Black Templar and Space Wolf MO; the Crusading chapters are usually pretty lax about little things like "codex compliance", "respecting the Dictatii Imperialis re: Fleet Composition", and "maximum numbers in the Chapter".

You also have the "OH SHIT" button. For things like Armageddon you just wire in as many Astropaths as you can to the local beacons and go "Hey, any Marines out there, we have a damned good fight for you to pick up some glory-hoggin' at". If you're lucky you get Silver Skulls or one of the other halfway-decent codex chapters. If not, it's Charcarodons, Flesh Tearers, and Minotaurs what show up. Or, Emperor help you, Dark Angels.

Inquisitors have a more-limited version of the "oh shit" button, but they get to ask a LOT less-nicely and more-specifically than the local governments.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-21-08-17-33.jpg (385KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-21-08-17-33.jpg
385KB, 720x1280px
>>55009135
He chose a lame one. Have another naming for your folders though
>>
>>55008877
You are the winner! I will paint on the first name later tonight. Wasn't to bad of a suggestion either.
>>
File: Abaddon (ToH).jpg (118KB, 742x1147px) Image search: [Google]
Abaddon (ToH).jpg
118KB, 742x1147px
Does any think that Abaddon's plan makes sense? That Chaos cannot be defeated from without but it can be defeated from within.

Use the Chaos Gods to unseat the Emperor and then screw them over.
>>
File: 1493565187296.jpg (31KB, 493x373px) Image search: [Google]
1493565187296.jpg
31KB, 493x373px
>>55009223
Cool
>>
>>55009010
Aren't two of those not vehicles?
>>
>>55009245
That's the joke
>>
Anyone starting to think GW are fudging the numbers on Konor?

Last week the mission was mildly Chaos favoured and had them lose (But not that badly)

This week the mission is a gargantuan dick in the butt for Chaos and yet up until recently they had a sizeable lead and even know clinch a lead.

Do you think GW would alter the results to make it look like less of a wipe?
>>
>>55008988
Provided the vehicles BS and faction special rules get removed (POTMS and such) it seems fair. Fags will try to break it, but you can't stop them. We will though.
>>
>>55009101
Tau are getting some neat toys. One of their stratagems for instance is an orbital satelite that lets you paint a specific target with 3 markerlights tokens.

Farsight Enclaves have a different markerlight table, but don't get to use seeker missiles as effectively. Instead they have precision deep striking (within 1 inch if you get enough) with marker lights, and benefits to WS+BS. Also, deep striking bomb drones.

Necrons big thing is wargear. They have some of the best weapons and unique devices in 8th edition now. The warlords are getting a lot more unique effects too. For instance, there's a fairly specific stratagem that lets you replace a non warlord character with Trazyn, if trazyn is your warlord. You use it when you die, and you can replace your opponent's characters!
>>
>>55009231
Sure, screw over the Chaos gods, that worked...uhhhhhh....when...um.

I'm sure it will be fiiiiiiiiiine.
>>
>>55009258
But... it wasn't funny.
>>
Are the new plague marine models really this much bigger than how they used to be? I have Mk3 legs on the forgeworld torsoes..

I was kind of excited to get some but now I think it's just going to make my whole army look completely lopsided.

Does anyone have some forgeworld plague marines to be able to compare the sizes?
>>
>>55009209
Is that a BFG ship turret on the right servo-skull?
>>
>>55009262
No, I don't think so. Xenos players just got sick of shittalking Imperials.
>>
>>55008254
He didn't turn traitor though, and in hindsight could not possibly have been a worse choice than Horus. Horus had him beat in the charisma stakes HARD but no ones favourite gay primarch had him in tactics.
>>
>>55009292
stop being new
>>
>>55009276
I want to believe...
>>
>>55008988
BRB, looting Longstrike.
>>
>>55009146
Deep striking winged hive tyrants?
>>
>>55009276
>precision deep striking with marker lights
>you can replace your opponent's characters!
Want to know how I know you're bullshit?
You'd be surprised how many game designers chill on /tg/ and you won't fool us with this shit.
>>
>>55009146
Sporocysts. Swarmlord charging straight up the field?
>>
>>55009071
OH BOY OH BOY; I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY OMNISPEXES AND PHOSPHOR BLASTERS TO BE USELESS PILES OF SHIT.
>>
File: try tongue but hole.jpg (246KB, 508x826px) Image search: [Google]
try tongue but hole.jpg
246KB, 508x826px
Reminder there are five or more marine codices planned after Death Guard.
>>
>>55009231
Not a good idea when 3/4s of your men are fanatically devout worshipers who are loyal to the Gods first, and stronger because of it.
>>
>>55009262
No.
>>
>>55009276
Will Adeptus Mechanicus get a plastic transport possibly telling the truth GW employee?
>>
>>55009276
When are those two supposed to allegedly release?

>Instead they have precision deep striking (within 1 inch if you get enough)
Can you imagine, Tau having the best DS+DS Charges. I want to believe cause it is hilarious.
>Tau
>Not a melee army
>>
>>55009146
Winged tyrants, foot tyrants arent exactly slow and if your opponent is good then you'll be deepstriking in no man's land where its easy for your army to reach it. Tyranocytes are also decent.
>>
File: 1499296163066.jpg (144KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1499296163066.jpg
144KB, 800x1200px
>>55009358
>>
>>55009358
Before or after the Mechanicus codex ? Or are Skitarii going to be turned into Marines too ?
>>
>>55009276
how about some daemons leaks? return of warp storm? being able to pick our auras for heralds? some decent damn auras would be nice
>>
File: TrazynStats.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
TrazynStats.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>55009276
>and you can replace your opponent's characters!

HO HO HO! Thats about as silly as it is stupidly wrong. It only works on"Friendly Necron Characters" as described in Pic related.
>>
Looks like chaosfags finally embraced the all soul hrinder battalion.
>>
What's this about ForgeWorld special rules?
>>
>>55009379
>GW
>Giving new models to non marine armies ever again

A-anon, I...
>>
File: IMG_0268.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0268.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
What is this? Gameswork shop randomly mailed it to me. With a invoice saying zero cost? I didn't order anything seems random?
>>
>>55009184
>Exorcists under-perform in 8th imo.
I kinda assumed they would, but... it's a missile launching pipe organ on a rhino. So, even if it doesn't do much, I showed up to a fight with a missile launching pipe organ on a rhino.

Celestine is thankfully cheap to get off ebay.
>>
>>55009398
Blood Angels
Dark Angels
Deathwatch
Space Wolves
Thousand Sons

(World Eaters and Emperor's Children at least a year or two away)
>>
>>55009416
Like Chapter/Legion tactics, a couple special rules army wide based on fluff.
>>
>>55009427
2/10 too obvious
>>
>>55009358
>NPC
>Non player characters
>in a game system where everyone controls their units
>>
>>55009416
Not Forgeworld as in the specialist studio, but the admech equivalents of Chapters.
Each FW has unique rules akin to chapter tactics

>>55009404
Maybe swapping places with enemy characters but replace, yeah nah
>>
>>55008680
>You know whats scary? From 3rd ed until 7th ed's sub-faction explosion SoB had more codices than chaos had within the same period. In fact SoB were updated quite frequently - its just that each update was shit.
>Codices
Please stop lying, anon. Here's the SoB releases:
3e: Blackbook. We got a Chapter Approved wargear article >years< later, then a side-note in the Book of the Astronomicon that made us retarded-powerful for like six months. Oh, and another WD article that gave us AND Chaos Cultist options. At the same time.
4e: Witch Hunters 'dex.
6e: shitty WD article that took every nice thing from the previous books except the new FA slot away.

I have three separate Chaos Codexes on my shelf from the same period. Plus the whole Chaos Demons codex, the abundance of articles for cults and new war machines...
>>
File: 20170822_170616.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170822_170616.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>shell out lots of money for first edition rogue trader models
>find out after model arrives that the seller had done a shitty conversion to a vintage model

Just cuck my shit up.
>>
>>55009440
What are you talking about
>>
File: IMG_7871.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7871.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Whats up, anons. Tell me about this poor little beakie marine.
What Chapter does he come from? And what happened with the rest of his body?
>>
>>55009422
>A-anon, I...
Want to believe too?
>>
>>55009456
You mean you didn't look at the fucking things before buying them?

You cucked yourself there mate.
>>
>>55009465
Zoidberg?
>>
>>55009465
there's a dozen chapters that like red and just as many like the beakie helmet. i'd go for blood angels just because those chuckle fucks have almost been wiped out at least 3 times
>>
>>55009456
>didn't even look at his shit before buying
Typical consumerist burger, kek
>>
>>55009456
Are those these...Shark-people?
>>
>>55009457
Have you been following 8th Edition news anon?
>Ultramarines get +1 LD and can shoot after falling back with -1 to hit
>Imperial Fists ignore cover
That sort of thing.
>>
>>55008988
>>55008988
>You may include in your army a single looted vehicle from any codex in your <ORK KLAN> army. Use the same points cost or power level for that vehicle. The vehicle will replace its Ballistic Skill to 5+. The vehicle cannot be looted if it possesses the following keywords: Nemesis Dread Knight, Daemon Engine, Helbrute, Dreadnought, Penitent Engine, Character.
Fixed.
>>
>>55008388
>Orks are now a force to be reckoned with in 8e with only the Index rules

Share your wisdom with me fellow Warboss because so far I've been losing hard in 8th with my Orks. I've got 10,000+ points at my disposal so I can run just about anything.
>>
>>55009501
They were called Pisceans, from the world of Saharduin. Apparently it was a rival to the Imperium in 1st edition.

http://www.solegends.com/citrt2/1st40k/index.htm
>>
>>55009379
Yes, an open topped sand skimmer similar to those in star wars tatooine.

>>55009386
Farsight Enclaves are the melee race of tau. They're probably going to be played with small elite armies of dedicated assault units, such as pistol flamer crisis suits led by the Magnificient seven.

>>55009402
Each god, except Khorne, gets a full 6 power psychic table. No random warpstorm. Instead they each get unique warp storm like effects as stratagems, and uniquely, the ability to regain command points through specific actions. For instance, Khorne is pretty simple: your army gains command points anytime a khorne unit dies or kills another unit in the fight phase, almost just like the bloodtithe. Tzeentch gains command points through the use of a unique pyschic power in his discipline, Slaanesh gains a command point anytime a unit is wiped out in the morale phase (slaanesh is getting a leadership/fear thing going for it in some of the lore). Nurgle is simpler, though slower: he just gains a command point every turn, more if the Tallyman bonus is in effect.

To compensate for this, command point costs for stratagems are slightly more expensive, or less effective for the cost than they would be if they were in another army.
>>
File: 1499715746313.jpg (26KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
1499715746313.jpg
26KB, 500x322px
>>55009529
I would add Building to the list of keywords that can't be looted, given they tend to have Vehicle.
>mfw orks loot a tomb citadel
>>
>>55009543
Just run 500 boyz with warbosses and waagh banners sprinkled in.
>>
File: IMG_7873.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7873.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>55009491
>there's a dozen chapters that like red and just as many like the beakie helmet. i'd go for blood angels just because those chuckle fucks have almost been wiped out at least 3 times
I'm actually in the middle of the painting process, and wanted to ask you guys how to paint the marine before I go on to shading the whole model. I usually use Imperial fists, but I wanna try a different chapter this time.
>>
>>55009543
What do you normally run in a 1500 point army?
>>
>>55009501
Look more like salmon people.
>>
>>55009231
It wouldn't work but it's actually pretty interesting.
>>
>>55009560
what are morty's auras?

i need to know
>>
>>55009441
Not bait was just that book, I had email gw about a late white dwarf that came after I emailed them
>>
>>55008166
Actually it makes sense. Skittles and admech are combined in the new edition, compared to in 7th when they were separate. They need a new codex to reflect this change.
>>
>>55009560
>pistol flamer
>Magnificient seven

Have you stopped trying?
>>
>>55009416
1-Binary Perfection
>Always Strikes First

2-Cold Logic
>+1 Ld and Fall Back and Shoot at -1 To Hit

3-Best of the Best (Mars)
>Reroll one failed To Hit and one failef To Wound each time a unit with this tactic attacks

4-Reduce, Reuse, Rearm
>Ignores Cover, reroll failed To Wound vs. Building

5-Incense Cloud
>Enemys further away than 12" of their target get -1 To Hit

6-Bionic Man
>6+ Feel No Pain

7-???
>>
>>55008413
Yes. Even in foam it will break unless you can prevent it from moving.

t. owner of this shit.
>>
>>55009602
Reroll morale of course

>>55009379
Isn't no transports part of their fluff?
>>
>>55009529
>cant loot Dread Knights, Dreads, or Engines
why? the biggest problem is just characters
>>
>>55008633
>I just don't care. All that matters is the toughness and saves.
Damn son. How old are you that you're still in the videogame phase?
>>
>>55009601
farsight enclaves have taken some different tech paths from the greater tau empire in the last 100 years. It's similar to the Dark Templar/Normal Templar(? not sure of the proper term), from starcraft, though not as extreme. They're different cultures almost.

>>55009592
-3 Movement for nonflying enemy units within 7 inches
-1 T for the same.
>>
>>55009529

>Thinking Orks won't strap a grot or two into a Penitant Engine
>Thinking Orks can't loot daemon stuff laughing_tuska.webm
>Thinking Orks can't scoop out the pilot of a dreadnought and chuck an Ork in there
>Thinking the Dreadknight doesn't work better as a fucking Ork vehicle in the first place

SHUT IT GIT
>>
>>55009628
Only for the skitarii, it bring the mechanicus as a whole, the tech priests might let them use their personal transports on spider legs.

Or giant metal caterpillars.
>>
>>55009529
Why not any Vehicle that doesn't have the Character tag?
>>
>>55009602
GW needs to brainstorm new tactics, but maintaining decent balance at the same time.
>>
>>55009642
More like the tal'dareem.
>>
>>55009642
So new Enclaves models then?
Cause GW doesn't sell Tau pistol flamers
>>
>>55009675
yep!
>>
>>55009642
So how are you liking the Tyranid rules?
>>
>>55009653
>No Warboss on a Command Barge with grot pilots
That's no fun anon.
>>
is nurgle the chaos god of math?
>>
>>55009677
Well, I suppose it was reliably rumoured Tau getting new units.
Crisis suits with pistol flamers and what else? What is the melee weapon(s)?
>>
>>55009642
>-3 Movement for nonflying enemy units within 7 inches
>Scarab Occult move 1 inch
Fucking hilarious
>>
>>55008740
>"interuptting information on an opponent's capacity"
Jesus christ man its a fucking board game we play with plastic toys. Stop being an autistic fuck.
>>
File: sigma.png (553KB, 1366x688px) Image search: [Google]
sigma.png
553KB, 1366x688px
Sigmar is a lost primarch.
Space Wolves shattered the legion, Ultramarines took in the troops, Alpha Legion took in the primarchs.
The World That Was existed in The Warp.
The Mortal Realms are webway cities.
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>55009642
>-3 Movement for nonflying enemy units within 7 inches
>-1 T for the same.
This is the most retarded shit ever. The -1T could be amazing, but Morty would need some serious movement speed on the level of Magnus, which is doubtful since he's all about slow and purposeful.
>>
>>55009686
well I mean crafting diseases probably involves a lot of math.
>>
File: ss+(2017-08-22+at+11.30.31).png (27KB, 706x703px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-08-22+at+11.30.31).png
27KB, 706x703px
>>55009234
I gave up on painting.. But your name on the character will be forever embedded on my army list... Thanks duder.
>>
>>55009697
Epsilon?

Are Black Library giving the Alpha Legion a third primarch?
>>
File: 71b.jpg (96KB, 499x442px) Image search: [Google]
71b.jpg
96KB, 499x442px
>>55009697
Holy shit, I have way to many reaction images for this bait.
>>
>>55009700
He also has a huge pair of wings desu
>>
File: sicaran.png (479KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
sicaran.png
479KB, 800x680px
How good are FW Sicaran tanks?
I was thinking about taking two but I guess it comes down to having 2 Sicarans or 3 Predators.
Sicarans are tougher and less bothered by movement, but Predators can get more lascannon shots.
>>
>>55009033
Dude I am so hyped. It's gonna be awesome to finally get some unique chapter tactics for lesser known chapters, like carcharadons who get to reroll 1's to wound
>>
>>55009690
Basically power sword//fist equivalents stat wise.
>>
>>55009737
wrong forgeworld sorry
>>
>>55009737
Are you trolling or do you not realize he's talking about AdMech with <Forge World>, not FW snowflake chapters which will probably never get tactics again.
>>
>>55009734
Sicarians can fuck up flyers pretty well and take up an elite slot for CSM, not too sure about loyalists. Rapier laser destroyers have been my go to for wrecking vehicles, took a baneblade variant down to it's lowest profile after one squad of 3 opened up on it
>>
>>55009734

Preds because of the stratagem, it's crazy good.

If you want a FW tank, get the spartan, it's legit 2 LRs for the cost of 1.5
>>
Are people finally realizing that 8th is bland as fuck?
>>
>>55009686
they all are. Slaaneshfags need maths to knopw how to synthesise drugs. khorne daemons need to learn how to count cubic skull yield based on volume. tzeentchian worshipers have to use calculus to calculate the changes. and nurgle dudes have to create mathematical models of cell count, weight, etc in order to efficiently create diseases.
>>
>>55009581

We normally run 2,000 point lists at my FLGS but I've been experimenting with different lists. Typically I've been running 3-4 30 strong Boyz mobs, but they've been getting seriously gunned down. Ran them against Gulliman and Primaris and they just bounced off 2 wound models and endless rerolls. Typically I'm losing two full mobs by the time I make contact, even with Da Jump, and past that even when I hit home they're not doing very much. Took 150 Boyz against a Sisters player and barely managed to reach his lines; endless bolters and heavy bolters combined with free shooting phases from Acts of Faith was just devestating.

Tried Battlewagons with Nobz backing it up, but the Wagons are just so expensive and fragile with just a 4+ save. Nobz are pretty killy but soon as their transport goes they go too. Deffkoptas haven't worked; way too expensive, not enough dakka/choppy. Lootas were lackluster because they needed a Battlewagon to camp in since cover is useless now for Orks.

Kustom Mega Kannons did some great work for me against Primaris.

Painboyz I've found to be pretty worthless since 6+ does so little. Buffing characters like WAAAGH Banners suffer from not being able to charge in alongside Boyz mobs. KFF, meh, too hard keeping Boyz mobs inside it.

Even went the whole other way and ran full Dread Mob. 2 Nauts, 3 Dreads, 8 Kans, Meka Dread. Lost horribly every time. Last game ran into 6 Penitant Engines; they utterly slaughtered everything they touched.
>>
>>55009725
That's sigma you idiot
>>
>>55009751

I want to believe. Been wanting melee suits for a while.
>>
>>55009774
God damn you're making me nervous to field my Dread Mob

>2 Naughts
>9 Dreads
>14 Kans
>Still need a Meka-Dread
>>
>>55008803
You should see my top-heavy hormies.
>>
>>55009774
You need a blob of stormboyz
>>
>>55009737
It can't be really powerful or there would have cons too like
>Carcharadons
>Automatically succeed charges up to 9"
>Must charge everything in range due to insane amounts of rage
>>
>>55009774
do you remember what kind of army the sister player fielded?
>>
>>55009700
>Morty would need some serious movement speed on the level of Magnus,

He's a Psyker and may (doubtfully) have access to Warp Time.

If he can't cast Warp Time on himself. He (most likely) will have the Heretic Astartes tag. So have a Sorcerer push Morty along.
>>
>>55009849

By his description, lots of HB retributor and imagifiers
>>
File: my auspex.jpg (85KB, 625x484px) Image search: [Google]
my auspex.jpg
85KB, 625x484px
>>55008225
>bringing past shitposting into a new thread

How could anyone be as big a piece of shit as you're being right now?
>>
>>55009856
he hates psykers though
I would've expected a fuckoff psykers aura
>>
>>55009824

Yeah I have 20 of them, just haven't gotten around to painting them.

>>55009821

Dreads will break your heart every time.

>>55009849

First time it was basically just squads of Sisters everywhere, 2 exorcists, 4 of the Imaginifiers or whatever they're called, the ones that give nearby squads free Acts of Faith each turn on a 4+. He had two squads of Heavy Bolter chicks and some melta squads. The later took care of Ghaz and his Mega Nobz no sweat.

Second time was 6 Penitant Engines, two melta squads, single Exorcist, bolter chicks and some Imaginfiers. PEs were absolutely insanely brutal; one squad wiped a Meka Dread, rolled a 4+ and piled into a Gorkanaut and ripped it apart. Not to mention their Overwatch is basically FUCK YOU ORKS.
>>
>>55009821

Were are the nobz manning the nauts?
>>
What books should I buy if I wanna get into that sort of thing?
>>
>>55009918

50 shades of orks
>>
>>55009774
Sad to say but lots and lots of boyz and storm boyz. Mob rule is your friend. The rest of their units are meh. Though I do like kannons and they are cheap.
>>
File: 1495687927712.jpg (222KB, 700x621px) Image search: [Google]
1495687927712.jpg
222KB, 700x621px
>>55009909
That's a literal 4k point list easy.... I'll get on it
>>
>>55009681
Great. I'm really liking flyer armies in the new codex. They've got a whole host of new special bombs, some of which don't do damage, but have incredible effects on the battlefield For example, one is like a giant spore cloud being dropped on a unit, anything in it can only fire at half range.
>>
Leaker
What codices are after admech?
>>
>>55009821
>>55009774
Are grot tanks still a thing?
My SO wants to run an ork army full of them.
>>55009700
In HH he could teleport at will.
>>
We posting lists in here?
>>
>>55009300
>>55009360

>O-our win is totally legit guy
>W-we won it without Gw fuging numbers guy I swear

Chaos fags everyone
>>
>>55009908
You are making me nervous about starting an Ork army anon, I thought Orks were good in 8th.
>>
>>55008803
absolutely beautiful tbqh. How do you fluff the mixture of pre and post heresy schemes?
>>
File: 1499364839095.jpg (62KB, 718x503px) Image search: [Google]
1499364839095.jpg
62KB, 718x503px
>>55009940
They are in the FW index, not sure how they are, I avoid any sort of Grot unit other than the Big Gunz and Mek Gunz like the plague
>>
>>55009968
10 grots for 30pts as an objective holder is pretty good
>>
>>55009918
read wiki articles til you figure out what you like then get books about that you silly man, if not that then the opening trilogy of the horus heresy is good
>>
What I want is rules for the skitarii Titan guard from forge world
>>
>>55009940
>>55009968

They are kinda good, but LD is a big issue with them. Even in MSU if you lose a tank, you have a serious risk of losing the rest.

The grot mega-tank does not have that problem, but on the other hand has 1/6 chance of not doing anything every turn.
>>
>>55009963
They have issues with armies who come packed with gear that can deal with blobs and won't break easy, iirc.
>>55009968
Grot tanks were pretty baller in 6/7e, why I ask before she starts going for the third party shit needed to make them.
>>
File: 1502594014724-1.jpg (27KB, 121x212px) Image search: [Google]
1502594014724-1.jpg
27KB, 121x212px
>>55009697
>tfw your bait is so utterly ignored
>>
>>55009774
Is "tie up a bunch of stuff in assault with trukks" viable at all or is the whole transport assault thing a big meme?
>>
>>55009646
>implying a gang of nobs couldn't hold Girlyman down while a bad dok drilled a mind control device into his head
Remote control looted girlyman when?
>>
>>55010017
It's not bait if it's true.
>>
>>55010021

viable if you tie shooty stuff

But i prefer the "kill a bunch of stuff with deffrolla wagons" approach
>>
>new format proposal
>Rainbow hammer
>Intended for smaller games 1k-1500 max.
>Regular force organisation scrapped
>You can only bring one of any unit entry. So only one razorback, one conscript blob , one jetbike squad, one knight (and that means one knight, not 12 different knight 'variants' ) etc.

Also no special characters because fuck special characters.

Stops all that spam bullshit and gives you a reason to include units you wouldn't normally be in a game.

Thank me later.
>>
>>55010046
was watching a Batrep with Deffrolla wagons, seemed pretty underwhelming?
>>
>>55010021

Haven't tried mass Trucks yet. I have 5 of them, so I guess that's next on the agenda. Buggies would work well too but I only have 3 Skorcha Buggies for that.

Trouble is Trukks are pricey, and using them for Boyz is a waste of points since the unit size is so small.
>>
>>55009299
Yeah. The left-hand one also uses BFG antennas/masts. Several of the original 4e-era metal Servo-Skulls and Cherubs use bits from BFG somewhere on the model
>>
>>55010058
thats called highlander you mong
>>
>>55010058
As an Ork player that sounds like a blast
>>
>>55010058
What makes a razorback different from a rhino, when a knight isn't different from another knight? What makes a special weapon guard team different from a normal guard squad? A Tactical Marine squad different from a Devastator?
>>
File: 1503226247909.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1503226247909.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>like all the new Death Guard stuff
>also like shit like Hellbrutes
>and chaos daemons

Can't have it all in one army.

JUST
>>
File: Looted Emperor.jpg (87KB, 642x600px) Image search: [Google]
Looted Emperor.jpg
87KB, 642x600px
>>55010027
Well, while we're at it...
>>
>>55010065

They're weird. 6 attacks hitting on 2+ at Str 8 and Ap-2 sounds pretty nice. But they're dmg 1 on a chassis costing you 180 points minimum, and with a 4+ save to boot. And once they degrade they turn into D6 attacks, which is basically garbage.
>>
>>55010065

well, consider you are just paying <20 points to upgrade 6 5+ S8 AP0 D1 attacks to 6 2+ S8 AP-2 D1 ones

It's not grazh level of damage, but it's also just 20ish points.
>>
>>55010108

You don't take wagons to kill with the rolla

You take the wagon to ferry boyz and nobs and spend 20pt to make it killy
>>
>another pretend leaker
oh boy, can't wait to find it spreading like the word of god on normiebook. again
>>
>>55009770
just now realizing? we knew 8th was gonna be stripped down after the fiasco clusterfuck that was 6th and 7th to say nothing of AoS
>>
>>55010095

You can't have it in one DETACHMENT (if you want tactics)
You can definitely have it in one army.
>>
>>55010108
>>55010122
No idea why the Rolla wouldnt do Mortal wounds, kind of a missed opportunity
>>
>>55010146
never doubt the power of lulz, anon
>>
Is there any fluff from the point of view of a daemon prince out there (or even just, interaction between a daemon prince and their warband)? Do these guys even still think like chaos space marines or are they just extensions of their god's will? How do regular CSM deal with them, seeing as they're no longer really "one of the lads" after their apotheosis? Do they still need to eat and sleep at this point, or are they just fuelled by the warp?

I read some of the Night Lords stuff recently where the warband, despite hating the fuck out of chaos and daemonkind, are inexplicably led by one who is all MUH TZEENTCH that they all despise and barely acknowledge as their leader (and other Night Lord warbands view as a disdainful abomination and treat with utter contempt), so I just wondered how daemon princes actually see themselves, seeing as they don't really have much in common with their former chaos marine brothers and full-blown daemons really don't think much of them either.
>>
>>55010153
AoS had some interesting things going for it. I don't remind stripping down the rules, but they've made everything the same.

Every faction is going to have the same 7 subfaction bonuses. Every faction is going to have the same stratagems.

It's like I'm playing Age of Empires when I could be playing Broodwar instead.
>>
Still very new to this but I've counted up all the points for the stuff I've got built at the moment and i'm wondering about the best expand it to 1500 points, I'm guessing I need some troops and just more bodies in general?

spearhead (4 CP total)

Lieutenant- power sword, frag krack bolt pistol (64)
Lieutenant- Auto bolt, frag krack bolt pistol (61)
3 Aggressors- Flamestorm (129)
3 Aggressors Flamestorm (129)
Primaris Apothecary- absolver, reductor, frag krack (68)
Leviathan - drill, flux bombard (290)
>>
>>55009427
You recently bought a talons kit and it's the minicodex that they rebox with it. You git
>>
>>55010084
Feels like for anything to be good this edition it has to be spammed in enough numbers so that it doesn't just give your opponent the opportunity to say "awesome, something for my specialized unit to do!"

What's actually decent for riding in trukks anyway? Burnaz? Meganobz still any good?
>>
>>55010169
Well, you may not like the Daemon Prince, but if he can rip your spine out before you can even react, you better do what he wants.
>>
File: Highlander Duncan 2.png (80KB, 478x251px) Image search: [Google]
Highlander Duncan 2.png
80KB, 478x251px
>>55010058
Highlanderhammer.

Used to that, used to run Admech battle maniple even without WarCon since I liked Sicarians anyway. That was kinda fun even if my Rusties bounced off everything and generally rolled around doing nothing while the Gravstroyers killed everything.
>>
>>55009944
Do you have any proof beyond speculation? Why would GW rig it? Theres no good reason. Who cares if Chaos wins 1 planet.
>>
File: 1503051395920.png (5MB, 1472x1716px) Image search: [Google]
1503051395920.png
5MB, 1472x1716px
>>55010169
I'm not sure they have alot of time to think about that stuff before they get pelted by rocks.
I guess you could always as Carnac about Be'lakor.
>>
>>55009700
Yeah, it's going to be difficult to get morty in combat, but once he's there, he sticks. We've given the death guard some tools to do it (stratagems that slow down the movement of an enemy, and nurgling troops that infiltrate and tarpit very well), but you will have to invest to get morty within range.
>>
>>55010058

Who decides when two models are a "variant" and when not?
>>
>>55010095
DG can take Helbrutes.
>>
>>55010214
GW would rig it because it would be fucking embarrassing if their celebrated flagship campaign was a one-sided shitfest.
>>
Any general idea on what the Ryza rules will be for AdMech?
>>
>>55010247

Plasma stratagem like the one salamanders have with flame
>>
>>55010240
funny thing is the manager at my store actually irl fudged/fudges the numbers for chaos to win.
>>
Would it be better to take 4 IG squads or 2 IG squads with Lascannons?
>>
>>55008491
Todd MacFarlane/10
>>
>>55010240
ITT, kids too young to remember Eye of Terror.

Chaos stomped that shit so hard that GW had to retcon the entire thing.
>>
File: space book.jpg (50KB, 600x502px) Image search: [Google]
space book.jpg
50KB, 600x502px
>>55008523
There is literally no reason to do so.
>>
Has anyone ran Burnas in large numbers yet?
>>
>>55010300
>Chaos stomped that shit so hard that GW had to retcon the entire thing.

To be fair they kind of ended up making the result canon 10+ years later.
>>
>>55010307
>assult D3
yeah, they are utter garbage. Get nobz with kombi-skorchas and power stabbas for a much much much better time
>>
>>55010326
>14pts for Burna Boy
>39pts for Nob with kombi-Skorcha + Stabba
I feel like you are wrong....
>>
File: 1495675036257.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1495675036257.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>55010178
yeah, this is how it goes. we'll see how they can actually make 8th different but i got a feeling they won't be able to do much
>>
File: Fisticuffs, none purer.jpg (134KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Fisticuffs, none purer.jpg
134KB, 1200x900px
>>55010301
That's what the enemies of the Imperium want you to think, until you come crashing through the door, giving them the mightiest imperial powerfisting they've ever experienced!
>>
>>55009544
Dang, why can't we get shit like that these days?
>>
File: top notch.jpg (66KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
top notch.jpg
66KB, 450x600px
>>55010384
>Twice the wounds
>Just under twice the shots
> +1 str and ap on gun
>+1 str on attacks
>smaller transport size
you lose 1 attack per nob vs 2 burnas, but also gain a 4+, +1 LD and a bunch of options like klaws and 20 point ablative wounds

you get a LOT of extra bang for that buck
>>
File: 1493395063433.jpg (93KB, 862x674px) Image search: [Google]
1493395063433.jpg
93KB, 862x674px
>>55007999
>Tfw GW and the Omnissiah has heard our pleas
>Tfw you cucked the Imperial Guard of the Space Marine Side kick posistion, and than robbing the SoB of any possibility of coming back
>tfw you are now the non-marine face of the Imperium

Get rekted, Admech are the new face of humanity.
>>
>>55009963
SoB are a good army. Usually SoB players have decades of games under their belts so even when using random army list it will be a hard fight.
Unless the dice gods are a bitch and the SoBfags rolls nothing but 1s
>>
>>55010450
>Humanity
>>
File: Falmbelcha WIP2.jpg (3KB, 97x125px) Image search: [Google]
Falmbelcha WIP2.jpg
3KB, 97x125px
>>55010435
hmmm I forgot Skorcha's had the extra strength and -1. Now the question is where do I get all the Kombi-Skorchas for this. A "Skorcha Nob" unit would actually be a perfect retinue to my Warboss and his mount
>>
>>55010507
>Picture for fucking grots
>>
>>55010180
I'd get some troops yeah
>>
>>55008784
Where does it say that?
>>
File: Bellicosa Potentis Omnissiah.png (4MB, 2620x1680px) Image search: [Google]
Bellicosa Potentis Omnissiah.png
4MB, 2620x1680px
>>55010450
We always were the most represented faction. What bits of the Imperium do we see that aren't made by us? Heads, hands and faces, really, aside from Catachans. Without us the Marines, Guard and Navy would be completely and utterly useless, whereas we function pretty damn well without any of the bastards as long as we have access to a couple Agri-worlds. If the Admech was to withdraw all support, what could they send against us? The few Custodes still remaining in the galaxy? That's not going to trouble one Forge City.

(Yes, I know the Admech alone would be overwhelmed by outside threats. Just making a point.)
>>
Does anyone have any experience with this?
http://anvilindustry.co.uk/Exo-Lords/Black-Ops-Sniper-Recon-Team

Id like to make a 5 model unit of Primaris with Stalker rifles, but I don't know if the hands legs and heads will fit the body.
>>
>>55010533
any recommendations for what troops to get? Intercessors seem a bit too expensive to be worth it. Between scouts or regular tactical marines what's the better option? separate detachment and blobs of conscripts?
>>
anyone 3d print their minifigs? i know, I know, "muh games workshop" but it's an interesting idea. Not sure how you would get models of them though, short of buying one and somehow getting a 3d scan of it
>>
File: Badab_War_Updated_Colours2.jpg (466KB, 1600x1314px) Image search: [Google]
Badab_War_Updated_Colours2.jpg
466KB, 1600x1314px
Hey space-cucks what chapter should I make the tac squad I just found? (flamer/missile launcher squad from the battle for macragge starter set)

> a Lamenter's squad to go with my small flesh tearer's platoon

> an Angels of Absolution squad to go with my small DA

> a mentors squad to go with any of my other imperial armies

What do you guys think would be more fun?

other suggestions are taken into consideration too if you guys have any spicy ideas for me.
>>
>>55010543
Exorcist tank are hand my by SoB
Hence why they are D6 shots
>>
>>55010160
>>55010230
Nah I mean like, practically speaking in terms of points.
>>
File: 10716115493_7f5214650d_o.jpg (1MB, 3264x1617px) Image search: [Google]
10716115493_7f5214650d_o.jpg
1MB, 3264x1617px
Can any lore fags tell about me the relationship between Iyanden and the Ynnari?
Would it be non-fluffy to include Yvraine in an Iyanden army?
>>
>>55010574
i dont think you can go wrong with tacs for 140pts+ per squad
>>
>>55010599
any answer other than Carcharodons is objectively wrong
>>
File: 1427953490748.jpg (212KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1427953490748.jpg
212KB, 800x600px
>>55008166
there is also a new Forgeworld Book coming soon (probably around the same time) with allegedly has rules for all, or at least alot, of the 30K AdMech Stuff in it. So it makes sense.
>>
>>55010681
>FoC
>Ever
lol
o
l
>>
>>55010681
>rules for all, or at least alot, of the 30K AdMech Stuff in it.
Might finally have an excuse to assemble the taghmata army in my backlog
>>
>>55010058
But I only have one Troop option.
>>
File: 20170822_173846-1.jpg (3MB, 3060x1634px) Image search: [Google]
20170822_173846-1.jpg
3MB, 3060x1634px
Just sprayed my new Nobz, finally. Hopefully I'll be painting them this weekend
>>
>>55010728
nice big guys, what klan?
>>
>>55010681
its been coming soon(tm) for over a year now buddy
We may not see it for who knows how long

I feel bad that their lead writer died cause he really made some great IA books and now we know they will have to finish it without him, so hopefully there isnt any writer-swap whiplash apparent in the book

Admech+Red Scorpions vs. Tau has so much crazy tech shenanigans and story potential
>>
>>55010561
I read that as Black Orks Sniper Team and was extremely disappointed when I followed the link.
>>
>>55010138
You're gonna charge with the wagon to soak overwatch anyway, or to neutralize nearby shooty blobs. The deffrolla makes it hurt more.
>>
>>55010599
star phantoms cause white and fuck you
>>
>>55010435
What bitz website actually has kombi-skorchas? Top 5 searches on google were sold out.
>>
>>55010646
Is this Prince Yriel slowly transforming into a paint golem?
>>
>>55010778
im sorry, for real.
>>
>he likes helbrutes
>>
>>55010853
>>55010667
both under strong consideration
I do love Badab war chapters
>>
How are chaos terminators nowadays? I have 5 I'm planning on running as regular loadout and I have the possibility of getting 5 ye olde AobR loyalist ones with fists I can convert a bit (I play renegade CSM so makes sense to have a ragtag group mixing armour types and service life).

I'm also thinking of running like 6 HQ, 3 of them lords for the buffs and killy potential. Can I go wrong with such?
>>
Man those new death guard models look sick as fuck
>>
>>55011015
Termies work well, most use them in conjunction with warptime or the AL deployment trick.

Axes are the go to weapon, with fists being fine and chainfists only really worth it on the champ or a HQ.

In terms of weapons, combi plasma is a safe bet, but combi melta and combi flamer is deadly.
>>
>>55010646
Yriel currently possesses one of the crone swords the Ynnari are looking for, the location of the last is the mystery they are trying to solve. Yes the spear of twilight is a spear but word of god says that crone swords reshape themselves to fit the wielder. That's also the explanation for why the Yncarne kit comes with either a big sword or two little ones.
>>
>>55007999
Okay I play admech and I like that we're getting a codex, but why us first? Have admech sold really well or is their some other reason?
>>
File: B-B-Bullshit.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
B-B-Bullshit.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>55011102
>teaser video: march 23rd
>release date: sometime september
>>
>>55011149
sold very well, people like them, easy to make a book for, re balance a few things
>>
File: image.jpg (244KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
244KB, 500x750px
>>55010681
>thinking FoC will ever come out
>>
>>55010646

Considering Yvraine resurrected Yriel I'd say they are on good terms
>>
>>55010778
ork sniper

Take a look at this ork sniper. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rhAWRPxIEw
>>
File: y tho.jpg (63KB, 540x566px) Image search: [Google]
y tho.jpg
63KB, 540x566px
>DG in september
>week three of konor ends thursday
>it's a six week campaign
>>
File: dg02.jpg (833KB, 3024x2522px) Image search: [Google]
dg02.jpg
833KB, 3024x2522px
Is this accurate or just a cherrypicked example? Are the new plague marines this much taller?
>>
>>55010742
Probably recently indoctrinated Goffs
>>
>>55011192
That's not cherrypicked. Their feet and legs are the same dimensions as terminators.
>>
>>55011108
So I can't really go wrong with my setup? I'm renegade so I get the Advance and Charge trait. I guess the best way to really take advantage of that is somehow give combi-flamers to every fucking terminator. Advance every turn, can still fire 5d6 flamers and then charge with axes/fists to beat the snot out of anything.

Jesus christ now I want this but ugh. How the shit do I convert a loyalist storm bolter into a combi-flamer?
>>
File: Naamloos-2.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>55011150
Mate...
>>
>>55008382
I don't think any of these are Typhus, just deathshroud termie squads
>>
>>55011240
Is it the old metal ones or the plastic termies?
>>
>>55011249
>>
>>55011192
Somewhat cherrypicked. The new plague marines vary quite a bit between themselves.
>>
>>55008118
Double tracks still make me cringe.
>>
>>55011192
yes. all new marines are that scale. which begs the question as to why GW decided that loyalist marines were a new thing while chaos marines are just that big, but whatever.
>>
>>55011279
Plastic chaos termies and plastic Assault on Black Reach termies. I have a single chaos termie combi-flamer for reference. Maybe try to make a press mould from oyumaru?
>>
>>55011313
That's a conversion though.

>plague marine legs
>greenstuff gut
>dark vengeance torso
>blightking arm
>>
>>55011149
>>55011169

This, pretty much. Nobody will complain about slotting us in here, we sell pretty well for the amazing models and we needed a bit of fixing up. Gonna be sweet, sick of starting a game against the SM and CSM players (AKA everyone at local store) and watching them fire off six billion Stratagems every match.

Also jealous of laspreds with Killshot, because they outperform my Onagers by so much it's not even funny.
>>
>>55011354
legs are from burning of prospero i believe
>>
>>55011341
Oh well plastic is pretty easy. You can always cut out one half of the bolter and stuff a flamer part in there, or simply recast a combi-flamer part, or any other number of options really. Find what you like.
>>
File: all smiles.png (239KB, 375x402px) Image search: [Google]
all smiles.png
239KB, 375x402px
What teaser was 'All smiles' from?

Can't find him.
>>
>>55009465
I think Dark Angels would look rather good here.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (208KB, 592x722px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
208KB, 592x722px
>>55011335
Primaris are a little bit taller than Death Guard but Fabulous Bill is working on a solution for this.
>>
>>55011440
>>55011440
>>55011440
new thread
>>
>>55011384
I'll do my best. As long as it looks good.

Now to find the points to squeeze for a 2K list with 10 expensive termies, a shitload of lords and the rest of my expensive stuff. Gonna be a fun renegade bunch. Bad guys looking for a good time.
>>
>>55008247
I'm at this very impasse. I posted about it yesterday. Between the Mandrakes, Beasts, and other Coven units; I'm having a hard time choosing between DE and Clown rules vs the Ynnari rules.

Soulburst seems more practical but the limited range forces you how to play and build your force.

DE and Harlequins seem like the best for super cc fun time. Just wish Khymerae weren't so expensive moneywise. Troupes with a Shadowseer seem pretty mandatory. Any of the DE characters bring something to the table.

Keep in mind if you go Ynnari you have to bring one of the three names characters. The Visarch was Errata'd with a 4++. Yvraine is the go to cheap caster that isn't terrible at combat.
>>
>>55011517
Losing out on your racials is a tough call for DE and Harlies but a no-brainer for CWE.
Visarch even with a 4++ probably isn't worth it since Yvraine is better and cheaper.
>>
>>55011601
I'm still gonna give the Visarch a try. He isn't terrible at fighting, and has decent saves. His rules due kind of leave a bit to be desired.

DE racial is good, but Harlequins is bretty good.

I'm still trying to weigh the positives and the negatives.
>>
>>55008382
On a scale of 1 to Cadia, how fucked are those Scions?
>>
>>55011456
Take a bunch of cultists or something, or at least make the army truly look like renegades with it's composition. Should turn out well.
>>
>>55011899
Already have. It's an army composed of the CSM models I never field and going to name every single model. It's not an army I'm going to take seriously fluff-wise, but it'll definitely be fun to fuck around with.
>>
>>55011720
The upside for everyone is that the visarch looks really cool and could easily pass for a pimped out archon. He would probably be fine if he got a good aura like most of the named characters get in other books. Regrettably GW decided to gimp Eldar in this area despite giving us a different aura for each phoenix lord they're all garbage.
>>
>>55012084
I was actually going to use him as a prefall Archon. See ya in the next thread.
>>
>>55009465
Assault Blood Raven Picas Atrox. During a Genestealer Cult's uprising's latter half, had to choose between retrieval of a chapter relic from the Cult Magus vs fall back and re-assail. Unftortunately, planet was host to formidable native life forms that upon assimilation to the hive fleet, further enchanced the Tyranids claiming the planet.

Atrox not only lost the honor of the chapter with the relic, but his head as well.
>>
>>55009434
>(World Eaters and Emperor's Children at least a year or two away)

That's fine. by then the investors will be clamoring for more profits and gw will have instituted codex escalation. means those 2 will be in a nice comfy spot.
>>
>>55008232
Yes.

Not only this, but they have explicitly mentioned that if a Necron unit and Poxwalkers face off, the Poxwalkers can generate a new Poxwalker if they slay a Necron, but that Necron can still Reanimate and be returned to play. This means that you can essentially add both a Necron and a Poxwalker to a unit simultaneously. This can grow the unit past its normal size as well.

In essence, Poxwalkers and Necrons are self-multiplying under extremely specific circumstances.
Thread posts: 451
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.