[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are tg's favorite 40k conspiracy theories?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 58

File: the_price_by_nicholaskay-d6m2tuu.jpg (225KB, 1024x945px) Image search: [Google]
the_price_by_nicholaskay-d6m2tuu.jpg
225KB, 1024x945px
Pic semi related.
>>
File: 1499183345812.png (16KB, 219x229px) Image search: [Google]
1499183345812.png
16KB, 219x229px
>>55006592
The Squa- never mind.
>>
>>55006592

Orks are an engineered solution to promote biodiversity and keep the galaxy 'safe' from external aliens. They are designed to maintain the status quo of the setting.
> Clearly built for war. Muscly as fuck, embedded technology, psychic prowess and rapid growth
> Looting ensures that they are never outclassed from a tech perspective. They will always have access to similar caliber weapons as their opponent.
> They instinctively scale their response to the threat. Bigger threats draw in more and more Orks until they are inevitably drowned. Smaller threats do not attract Orks because they are weedy.
> Naturally disband after successfully killing the foe and either TK themselves back to a maintainable level, or move onto the next fight.

On a similar level, there was an idea that the Tyranids are the 'final solution' of an exiled Old One that has decided an extinct universe is better than one that feeds Chaos.
>>
>>55006592
Why does that Exorcist librarian have a palantir?
>>
>>55006592
>I don't want to purge
>I want to look at cool stuff on the Akashic Reader
>yeah, that's cool
>>
Guilleman is currently Alpharius (or Omegon) in disguise.

He's frequently seen wearing helmets, so as to hide his true face.

Brought back to life with the work of Eldar, who else did Eldar work with as part of a Cabal? Alpharius Omegon to warn him.

Guilleman did no permanent damage to his brother primarchs of Traitor Legions, Mortarion and Magnus are in on it and left no major damage in return, except to Space Marines being replaced (read: infiltrated) by Primaris Marines, many of which were alive in the HH era (and thus likely to work with Alpharius as infiltrators).

Plus the way he was brought back was incredibly convoluted, much like the plans of the Alpha Legion.
>>
>>55006963
Dang the memes that keep me from properly spelling Roboute Guilliman.
>>
>>55006963
>implying Alpharius is a traitor

Alpha Legion are the Dark Angels of the traitor legions.
They even have the symmetry of the first and last legions made by the Emperor.
>>
>>55006592
The Emperor died trying to purify his son, Horus sits on the golden throne now which is why the astronomicon is slowly dying.
>>
> Emperor created the Chaos Gods as an equal and opposite reaction
> Chaos won on the Vengeful Spirit, the Emperor being crippled but not dying means he keeps the game going
> "Our presence remakes the past" = retcons favoring the Ultramarines
> "Unforgiven" secret doesn't explain Dark Angels' grim secret, since it would be more suspicious if no DAngels turned traitor during the Heresy
> Ultramarines, Blood Angels and Dark Angels are all covert renegades, only Salamanders, Raven Guard, Iron Hands and White Scars can be trusted
> Cabal is an Alpha Legion trick
> Abaddon is on the right side of history
> The Necrons did nothing wrong
>>
>>55007213
> The Necrons did nothing wrong

This is just fact.
Even Cawl knows this shit and wants to help build a wall and make Chaos pay for it.
>>
>>55006592
>The Imperial God of Unbelief
>The Whole Cabal & Alpha Legion Thing is actually a nerferious plot from Malal/Malice
>Both Fallen & Unforgiven are actually both loyal, just a big misunderstanding, but the Lion was oppurtonistic fuck, that waited for the outcome of the Siege of Terra
>The Whole Sigmar is Second Primarch Thing, I really liked the Idea, but to be fair, I am a huge sucker of the Over the Top Gothic Stuff in the Imperium.
>>
File: Tzeentch.jpg (202KB, 1024x1117px) Image search: [Google]
Tzeentch.jpg
202KB, 1024x1117px
>>55006592
The Alpha Legion is the founder of the Grey Knights.
The first Grandmaster was Janus, a two-faced god. = Omegon?
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Omegon#Is_Omegon_Janus.3F
>>
Ordo Hydra/Emperor Alone
Promeus and Morina
Legion II and XI
>>
>>55008527
thought they named a magnus shard that in a newer HH?
>>
>>55006592
>Alpha legion is loyal.

>Khan is shadow leading his legion

>rowboat is omegon

>illumanti still exist, alpha legion is a part of them
>>
>>55008852
I think so. Honestly I think the HH is giving definite answers too much, and its making 40k a less interesting setting by extension.
>>
Every deity is gork and mork.
>>
File: IMG_1064.jpg (691KB, 1095x1505px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1064.jpg
691KB, 1095x1505px
>>55006592
The Tyranid Hive Mind is the Endless Swarm C'tan, who escapees being sharded, and this is her long term revenge against the Necrons.
>>
>>55008949
I agree. Its a catch where they were good at hint don't show and evocative mythology, but it got enough people really interested in the minutia and it kind of kills it.
>>
Skaven existing
>>
File: hmm.gif (225KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.gif
225KB, 275x275px
I genuinly believe that The alpha legion never turned to chaos.

I also believe that the emperor is in on the alpha legion's ruse.

Also that the Dark Angels have a greater, more shameful secret that only the fallen know about, which caused them to turn traitor, and the rest of the chapter have been mislead into killing them ever since. Cypher (or cyphers, as i tgink the role has been passed down) knows what this is, and his fuckery is in some way linked to whatever the real secret is.
>>
>>55009847
It makes more sense if the Alpha Legion is composed of many thousands of Splinter Cells that have lost direct supervision and are acting as lone wolf warbands, some of which have absolutely been tainted by chaos but are so mindfucked as to not notice or rationalize it as some deep cover.
>>
>>55006592
That image is a bit misleading. You would think the Librarian has become evil, but he is from the Exorcist chapter, who have an unique initiation ritual and good contacts with the Inquisition due to that.

They are all enlightened or some other term. As in, they forcibly get possessed after which the demon is exorcised (hence their name) making them immune to demonic possession and corruption. Like mental vaccination.
After that, the Exorcist neophyte has to undergo additional surgery to repair the damage from the exorcism.
>>
File: dumb.png (5KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
dumb.png
5KB, 645x968px
>>55009880

I know. That does make more sense. Buuuut, i reckon alpharius/omegon at least originally had a grand plan, and i still believe that the emperor gave them their orders.

I guess im just a sucker for keikaku fuckery in 40k
>>
>>55009891
>40k
>incorruptible anything
>>
>>55009891
I think that artifact looks more xenos than Chaos. Could be a necron thing taking over via microscopic scarabs or something.
>>
>>55009891
What makes you certain the artefact is psychic? I see it as something hypnotic, in the same way a Genestealer patriarch is hypnotic!
>>
File: The next stage.png (258KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
The next stage.png
258KB, 600x375px
Tyranids are a bad end humanity come back from the end of time. A twisted mockery of the evolution they were supposed to have. A thing with but one drive, survive.
>>
The Emperor planned EVERYTHING, including the Horus Heresy - aside for a small detail of him hesitating to kill Horus in a small moment of weakness and fatherly love.

So now he's on plan B dicking around in the Warp influencing his sons to leave the Imperium on vague adventures and creating "Imperial" demons like those winged SoBs and the burning skeleton ghost SMs.
>>
That the entire Crimson fist chapter has been takn over and become a Alpha Legion force in deep cover.
>>
>>55006592

The Emperor was an Age of Strife technobarbarian warlord. He was genengineered as a payment Superman who could rule humanity. The immortal shadowy force behind the scenes through human history was Malcador, who created the Emperor.

Malcador didn't die. Once the HH was defeated, he realized that his plan had failed and faded back into the shadows.
>>
Red Scorpions are an Emperor's Children successor and their friendship with the Sons of Medusa is an EC/IH reference
>>
File: goodbye__wip_by_agrifex-d46s9t2.png (495KB, 900x810px) Image search: [Google]
goodbye__wip_by_agrifex-d46s9t2.png
495KB, 900x810px
>>55006592

Malcador is the Emperor's father.
After his father died and the Emperor crushed his uncle's heart with his mind, he left his home and became a wanderer. At some point, after discovering the full extent of his powers, he searched for his father's soul in the warp. After thousands of years he found it, and saved his father's soul by reincarnating him.
>>
>>55010482
Malcador best friend forever
Even if he is the puppeteer.
>>
>>55009259
So her revenge is an army that's good against everything except necrons.
>>
>>55010651
I think the revenge is denying the necrons destruction of life. But then the tyranids are also alive themselves... uh....

Have the necrons ever been nommed by tyranids before? They eat planet ores and atmospheres, so I don't see why they couldn't eat a tomb world.
>>
>>55010124
The exorcists are basically unable to be tainted by chaos.

I think instead of strengthening the mind like the grey knights, the exorcists lose some of their soul(or its changed in some way). It would be like corrupting a tau's tau.

The illuminati do both, by banishing the demon with their will alone they become one with the warp. They have become incorruptible as grey knights and exorcists together. It would take nothing less of slaanesh to corrupt one(if that)
>>
Charcarodons have a hybrid geneseed, they're part Raven Guard, part World Eater, and possibly part Night Lord.
>>
>>55010719
They don't lose their soul. They basically go through the process of becoming Space Marines twice. After the exorcism their bodies are so fucked up they need surgery or even cybernetic implants.

I mean, just look at CSM or Chaos Spawns. If you are like that and get exorcised... you will have a lot of excess skin... limbs... eyes... heads... claws... tentacles... that all needs to be removed and amputated.
>>
Hrud are Eldar from the future, sent back in time by warp fuckery and the Hrud's general time fucking abilities.
>>
>>55006592
That the Vlka Fenryka are really the traitors and the Transexual Sons did nothing wrong.
>>
>>55006592
What is pic of?
>>
>>55007213
>Ultramarines, Blood Angels and Dark Angels are all covert renegades, only Salamanders, Raven Guard, Iron Hands and White Scars can be trusted

What about the turbo loyal Wolves and fists?
>>
>>55006592
>The High Lords intentionally keep the Imperium stagnant and eternally on the brink of defeat to further maintain and consolidate their own power, because you should never let a good crisis go to waste.

>The reason Cypher is such an escape artist is that every time the DA catch him, they find find out he's actually on their side and doing the Unforgiven a favor by leading them around. So they let him go and make up the stories about him disappearing. The Unforgiven also bust him out whenever he gets capture by other Imperials.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>>55013624
Wrong. Every time they catch Cypher they pull a Lenny from Memento and let him go/forget they catch him so they have a reason to continue existing.
>>
Cypher is secretly in league with the Inner Circle and is one of it's highest members, he is the one that attracts and supplies most of the leads to the Fallen Angels. His entire scheme is backed and aided with by the Inner Circle with the rank and file being completely unaware.
>>
>>55006697
That's kinda true about the Orks. The Old Ones designed them to be a weapon for the War in Heaven because the Eldar weren't doing too great. They were a last-resort bioweapon that not even the Necrons could effectively get rid of.
>>
>>55013738
Eldar BTFO
>>
>>55010682
Can't eat living metal. Basically same stupid reasons why 'nids can't eat daemons.
>>
File: image.jpg (224KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224KB, 768x1024px
Ordo Desolatus ( desolatus is Latin for abandoned + alone).

It's an inquisitor set up in a space station in a dead solar system on the farthest edge of the Galaxy. Completely abandoned. it's a giant time capsule with as much data storage as possible. All the achievements and history of man, as a testament. It's made on the idea that the imperium is goig to die.
>>
>>55006863
Doesn't everyone have one?
We play kickball with mine.
>>
File: 1500820905066.gif (352KB, 458x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500820905066.gif
352KB, 458x480px
>>55008221
>The Imperial God of Unbelief

The idea of Necoho is not new.
>http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Necoho
>>
File: Sev.jpg (23KB, 250x217px) Image search: [Google]
Sev.jpg
23KB, 250x217px
Alpha Legion aren't traitors

Sevetar was the first master of the Grey Knights 8th company which is all but confirmed, isn't it?
>>
File: SoS.jpg (37KB, 471x622px) Image search: [Google]
SoS.jpg
37KB, 471x622px
SoS' were chosen for their blunt ability but also because they were such loud horny sluts that they had to shut them up and mute them, turning them to something useful before their moans rendered all nearby fighting men useless with cum stained pants begging for milikes
>>
>>55013714
Ooh, I like that one, too.
>>
>>55015511
>all but confirmed
Janus is a Magnus shard.
>>
>>55014713
The Order Thanatos is preparing against the day that the Emperor becomes another God of Chaos. They ar searching for a method to kill him permanently.

Also, the Terminus Decree was not left by the Emperor, but by Malcador, who did so without His knowledge. It is an order to the Grey Knights to unleash the Dragon.
>>
>>55015522
top kek.

Imagine the poor SoS getting blue-balled by random guardsmen because although they're beautiful, every time a baseline human gets within 20 feet of them they either have an aneurism or try to flee. SoS get fed up with this and take matters into their own hands.

>imagine a squad of SoS's stalking a platoon of guardsmen, kidnapping one during the night to service them all one after another
>said guardsman is found the next morning covered in kisses and scratches, feverish and unresponsive
>this goes on for several weeks until the SoS high command catches on and rotates them all to active duty as they obviously are bored
>at which point a cannoness sets up her personal quarters adjacent to the guardsmen barracks and the process resumes anew

30K really was the best time
>>
>>55015746
Now that I think about it are the Custodes resistant to the effect of a Null? I don't recall anything about them being averse to the presence of the sisters and they spend more time around them then anyone outside of their order.
>>
>>55015746
Sos are still a thing

I mean going by game rules nonpsykers treat them as having fel 20(1 for psykers)

So I mean I'd still do it, headache and all
>>
>>55015779
I'm vainly certain custodians are resistant to everything

I mean they probably know the warp better than any grey-knight after fighting daemons for so long
>>
>>55015793
Yeah, but most humans feel intense disgust and fear just being near them, I'm willing to bet it would be tough to find a dude willing to go through with that to bang
>>
>>55015779
Custodes are supposed to be mini-Primarch's, so it wouldn't be surprising that they would be immune to warp-trickery. After all, the custodes sent to watch over Lorgar in 30K had no trouble fighting (and killing) the warp-possessed Gal-Vorbak on Istvaan
>>
>>55015851
I mean I'd still do it.

I like to think it's a unnatural disgust that one fills when playing a silent hill game or something

But I'm a huge weirdo who likes silent hill games.

A creative use of chains/cogitators could be used to great effect
>>
The space sharks are world eaters. That's it. I just want a loyalist world eaters chapter.
>>
>>55010651
No, the revenge is eating all other life so the necrons can never return to flesh.
>>
>>55015580
When in doubt, have BL make the lore less interesting.
>>
File: wishto.jpg (108KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
wishto.jpg
108KB, 800x680px
>>55010607
I always thought he might be a real son of his, not as powerful as him because of a real human parent but close.
He just didn't tell the tool kids because he thought they'd get on a level of Horus tier jealousy they'd all rebel.
>>
>>55006592
I think the emperor actually cared about his kids, but seemed like he didn't care about them due to being inept with emotions
>>
>>55006592
In exchange for power and knowledge to create the Primarchs the Emperor promised the Gods half of his sons. This is why the Emperor was racing to finish the Great Crusade instead of taking his time. He knew he was racing the clock.
>>
>>55015960
Yeah, its dumb. Sev being janus is dumb too though. He's already the NL's fun weekend dad.
>>
>>55015580
Last Son of Prospero is basically non-canon IMO. It conflicts with other portrayals too much. The Ianus/Janus thing for one despite all the BR foreshadowing along with the tributaries being shards of Magnus as opposed to daemons.
>>
>>55017173
You can headcannon all you want. Its your head.
>>
>>55017194
Do you disagree about the conflicts in the story?
>>
>>55017220
Nah, I just don't think 30/40k needs a singular canonical entirely coherent omnipotent perspective to satisfy all our autistic urges to make everything line up. It has no consistent narrator. That's fine.
>>
>>55017256
So to go with that, its better imo, if we never know who janus really is. He could be sev, that should be a legend, he could be magnus, that's one too. I was being stupid when I said 'he's a magnus shard'. It cold easily be either, but that's not really how they write it, or how we tend to take it on the internet when we're being shitty.
>>
>>55017256
>I just don't think 30/40k needs a singular canonical entirely coherent omnipotent perspective
Thats cool and all but it doesnt work when its supposed to be a story, which the HH is. Reading through the series and having 1+1=3 is just not rewarding.
>>
>>55015879
To be fair the gal vorbak won by numerical superiority in the end.
>>
>>55006592

The Emperor is a superhumen godlike psyker, trapped between life and death, protecting humanity from the ancient evil in the Warp.

The Chaos gods and their mortal and daemonic legions are the primal force of ultimate evil, bent on destruction of order and bringing living hell to the galaxy.

The various Xeno races are enemies of humanity and wish to see it's downfall, but are often also motivated by their own, mysterious reasons.
>>
Promethium can't melt ceramite beams.
>>
>>55018782
That's literally just true, though.
>>
>>55018931

Tell that to the Alpha Legion fags, the Cabal fags, the "Chaos is is not chaotic enough" fags, the Star Child fags (they still exist), ADB worshippers who take his words more seriously than even he, and more.
>>
>>55010136

>Tyranids are a bad end humanity come back from the end of time.

That is rad.
>>
>>55006863

It's from one of the Deathwatch adventures. It's this sort of evil artifact that has a One Ring-ish lure to it.
>>
>>55009769

>Skaven

Fake News. Some beastmen get in the sewers and suddenly everyone is freaking out.
>>
Aight, here goes - the Emperor created the Chaos Gods (except for Slaanesh, that's still the Eldar's fault).

Emps has been running around since 10,000 BC. While the Warp is timeless, we know that the Mongol conquests and the Black Death caused the creation of Khorne and Nurgle, respectively, possibly echoing forwards and backwards through time to account for their actions that would be anomalous if you assumed a linear timeline and a single creation event on Earth during the European Dark Ages.

So why would a single planet filled with a race without any particular psychic potential cause these massively potent warp gods to develop? The Eldar had a galaxy-spanning empire, and they only created a single god in their fall tens of thousands of years later. Remember, however, that almost all of humanity's psychic potential was tied up in the Emperor himself. He had the most influence in the warp; his psyche was able to imprint the noosphere itself. So when the Emperor saw the bloodshed of the Mongol conquests, his nightmares and apocalyptic visions gave rise to Khorne. When he walked through the plague-filled nations of Europe, his insights and musing gave rise to fetid Nurgle. And when he saw the audacity and lies of the men who would rise to rule the world in the wake of destruction, his sight of their hopes gave rise to Tzeentch.

They were his first sons, truly. And in some part of his mind, he must have approved of their dark aspects. All the misery, all the suffering, all the madness inflicted by these three gods has its origin in his mind; in the end, it's all born from him, as much as he tried to deny it.
>>
>>55018960
Most of that has no relation to the situation you described.
>>
>>55010794
The possession is basically low level demonhosting. Those take some time to start mutating.
>>
>>55017489
>Thinking that there would ever be a coherent story relating to the various events in the 40kverse.
>When the administratum has recently admitted they're not even sure what year it is currently.
>>
>>55008949
The Horus Heresy books are a mistake. Black Library whored it out too much
>>
>>55009847
The Dark Angels secret use to be somewhat unique. But now, in this post HH era, where special snowflakes A-Z exist and nothing can be simplistic, EVERYONEZ traitor!!!11!!... which really lessens the impact of the Dark Angels secret. Which was their thing.
>>
>>55013738
>>55014201
>>55006697
This is false. The Orks were designed by the brainboyz (who are now snotlings, whereas the Old Ones are now the slanni) to protect their mind-enhancing mushroom crops. But the orks ended up eating those mushrooms, which made them smart enough to overthrow the brainboyz, who regressed to the state of snotlings.
>>
>>55017173
Where the fuck did you pull that one out of? The tributaries are shards of Magnus? Are you fucking high
>>
>>55019739
I know this hurts your neck beard, but 2nd ed fluff is a joke (often literally) and in no way canon anymore.
>>
>>55006672
Somewhat underrated post.
>>
>>55019307

Like claims that AL are actually hidden loyalists, unconfirmed Cabal/Starchild bullshit, and Chaos Gods going many layers deep just as planned to mainan the status quo so they can keep feeding, even though we are told over and over again they want to drown everything into mandess as soon as they can?
>>
File: Squats Revelation.jpg (325KB, 1001x2143px) Image search: [Google]
Squats Revelation.jpg
325KB, 1001x2143px
>>55019762
I beg to differ, anon. The rest of us kept our respectful silence because of the Inquis- because of reasons.
>>
>>55019740
Where the fuck did you pull that one out of? The tributaries are daemons? Are you fucking high?
>>
>>55019271
>They were his first sons, truly.
Explains why they tried stealing the primarchs too
>>
>>55019916

Yeah, that was kind of my thought about it. I also kind of think of it as the original sin that brought the 40k universe into being; self-indulgent dreams of violence and misery for a fantastically dark and violent setting. And Emps was kind of in denial that it was his fault.
>>
>>55019764
>even though we are told over and over again they want to drown everything into mandess as soon as they can?

That's what they tell their followers, sure, because "Sell your soul for glorious power and a part to play in our inevitable victory" sounds much better than "Sell your soul for glorious power so that we can keep dicking around with your fellow mortals for another millenia"
>>
>>55020064

see? now you get why I wrote >>55018782 this as a conspiracy theory. barely anyone considers the basic fluff as hard canon.
>>
File: gaay.png (70KB, 401x307px) Image search: [Google]
gaay.png
70KB, 401x307px
>>55019751
Oh yea? Worse than this garbage?
>>
Argel Tal comes back from the warp due to Raum fucking around

He returns to Terra and shows them all how you can be immune to chaos if you've fought off possession

He then founds the Exorcists chapter, who keep the serrated sun scheme

:^)
>>
>>55015851
Please. You are underestimating the lengths that some men will go to score some tail.
>>
>>55017489
It does work that way with most stories. You want a history. Its not one of those. You'll have to head cannon.
>>
>>55020209
People are really intent on taking in universe narration/lore written by dozens of authors over 30+ years as factual and internally consistent.
>>
File: Omega_Vault.jpg (132KB, 465x698px) Image search: [Google]
Omega_Vault.jpg
132KB, 465x698px
>>55006592

>Omegon is responsible for the Deathwatch. Buried deep inside Fortress Erioch. Picrelated, omega, snake biting its tail and "And the Last Fortress is Truth" hinting that the Alphas have been loyal the whole time.

>Alpha Legion was designed as a replacement for all other legions once the galaxy was conquiered. They also serve humanity, NOT the emperor specifically. This carries on to the 41st millenium.

>There are no missing legions. the 2nd is Alpharius and the 11th Omegon. They came out in public as the 20th legion. The legionnaires that joined the Ultramarines are Alpha Legion

>The Lion was the heretic, that's the Dark Angel's biggest secret and why they keep him sleeping forever in The Rock. That's their ultimate shame. Luther took the blunt of the accusation and passed in history as a traitor in order to hide this shame. Fallen are hunted because they know this, not because they're (all) chaos.

>The Emperor is the fifth Chaos God. A kind of "Lucifer" or antichrist as prophesized in the Bible. Chaos lives thanks to humanity and so does the Imperium ( the fifth chaos faction)
>>
>>55008949
The horus heresy books are the works of various scribes trying to piece the events together with bad or biased sources but too desperate for answers to not discard blatantly incorrect information
>>
>>55010136
So they are the bydo?
>>
>>55008904

Illuminati are very real.

Maybe the Alphas turned "traitor" because humanity is the primary enabler of Chaos in the galaxy.
>>
>>55019764
Your post denies nothing of it. Aside the chaos god thing. Which would make perfect sense. They are far too invested in fucking each other and themselves up for working together for some goal. So they tell their slaves what those want to hear.
>>
>>55019739
The old ones were not a single race but a cabal of intelligent races that were running experiments on optimizing the biodiversity of the galaxy, this is how you can have space frogs, dragon things, and proto snotlings all described, as reclusive as they were seeing any one of them would lead some to think that is what THE old ones look like.

Additionally the Necrontyr never evolved proper resistance from the radiation of their sun (because if it had been as eternal as they claimed their ancestors should have long since developed such resistance via natural selection) because the old ones rigged their genes that way, as a means of seeing how a species would react to constant adversity.
This is why they refused to cure their cancer, it would undo their experiment.
>>
>>55006592

Tyranids are actually a Chaos God from another galaxy that has essentially taken over.

If chaos gods are the manifestation of emotion then the chaos god of an exceedingly feral galaxy would be the ultimate manifestation of the ideal "predator".

Would also help to explain the nids odd effects on the warp.
>>
>>55021849
That implies humanity is the bad guys
>>
>>55006592

Orks collective belief that the emperor lives is preventing him from dying and becoming the Chaos God of Order.
>>
>>55010141
I do like this option, if only because it makes the emperor look like less of a dumbass and more a semi god. Or Horus was right and he did indeed want to be a god.
>>
>Chaos Gods are not real singular entities, they are reactions to actions, abstract psychic projections of humanity.

>Chaos will never win or lose, it will be porportional to humanity the whole time

>The Emperor hid Chaos from everyone because he knew the Imperium would triumph thanks to it, being so that if Chaos was the main enemy of the Imperium, both factions would reign supreme in their fight and drown the lesser ones.

>The primarchs turning to chaos was not a tragedy but rather a twisted ironic outcome. The Imperium would endure but at the sake of the Emperor being assraped.
>>
>>55022127

There are no good or bad, that's the point. It's all a power struggle for supremacy.
>>
>>55022177
>no good or bad
Im not here for your moral relativist horse shit
>>
>>55013624
>>55013714
>>55013725
Actually in the unforgiven black library novel, cypher had been captured 8 times total and the dark angels purposefully let him go to help stop the plot to bring Luthor and the fallen into the modern day.
>>
>>55022177
>>55022296
There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.
>>
>>55010136
Fuckin' nice
>>
>>55022296
>I'm here for them moral absolutes in the grim darkness of the 41st millennium.
>>
>>55022177
Well, sure humanity is terrible, that's one of the points of the setting, but I'd like to think the four supersatans of murder, disease/despair, change/mutation/sorcery and hypermurderdrugrape are arguably worse.
>>
>>55015779
Their oiled abs protect them.
>>
Dark Angels are loyalist.
>>
>>55019271
I like this. Never made sense why humanity's conflicts, while destructive, they were small scale compared with the shit happening in space, lead to the awakening of the chaos gods.
>>
File: image.jpg (230KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230KB, 768x1024px
>>55014713
Thanatos in psychoanalysis refers to our death drive. Our desire to destroy ourselves.

The question is whether the Ordo Thanatos helps or hinders the imperiums collective will for self-destruction.
>>
File: 1475547276969.png (1MB, 2000x1456px) Image search: [Google]
1475547276969.png
1MB, 2000x1456px
every thing in this threat is awesome and true
>>
>>55022099

Wow, Old Ones are cunts.
>>
>>55006672
Back as a background abhuman race since 6th ED.
>>
>>55021849
>The Lion was the heretic, that's the Dark Angel's biggest secret and why they keep him sleeping forever in The Rock.

I have a similar theory, except Lion was loyal. So like Russ, the Emperor calls him up psychically and ask him to help fight daemons in the warp. Lion tells the Angels "I got a dream from the emperor, and he asked me to fly strait into the Eye of Terror... oh and that I have to go alone."
The Angles assume he's possessed knock him out, and forget about it until Russ gets the same dream. Now they're into deep to back out with out getting erased.
>>
>>55022002
I thought the HH series was the work of a heretical scribe arrested by the Inquisition?

Also
>Horus is actually the one on the throne
>>
>>55022120
I dig it
>>
>>55010136
Does explain the ever enlarging space marines and the merging of the flesh with machine of the cogboys.
>>
There are no wolves on Fenris.
>>
>>55026313
Plenty of furries, though.
>>
File: 1482081550315.jpg (120KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
1482081550315.jpg
120KB, 600x484px
The thing that the Tyranids are running from are Human settlers from the DAoT that left the galaxy during the long night using non-warp engines.
>>
File: Fear_of_The_Krabby_Patty_2.jpg (45KB, 787x575px) Image search: [Google]
Fear_of_The_Krabby_Patty_2.jpg
45KB, 787x575px
Who built the Omega Vault?
>>
>>55010719
>The exorcists are basically unable to be tainted by chaos.
That would explain why grey knights and ordo malleus inquistors do the same thing.

Oh wait..
>>
File: 1262728865245.jpg (114KB, 1093x747px) Image search: [Google]
1262728865245.jpg
114KB, 1093x747px
>>55026771
who ever built the star forts, probably humanity before the fall
>>
>>55026771
Omegon obviously

It will be opened when the truth of the Emperor is revealed
>>
>>55027001
>truth of the emperor
Explain
>>
File: nerd culture.gif (584KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
nerd culture.gif
584KB, 320x180px
Warhammer Fantasy is Warhammer 9001K when everything's gone to shit, the entire universe has been blown up or whatever and there's just one planet left with all the surviving races stranded there without access to tech. And also it's Terra.

It all makes sense when you think about it.
>>
>>55026980
Why do people always forget the Gloriana class?It is larger than the darth vader starship
>>
>>55020250
>Custodes being better than marines is particularly retarded fluff
wat?
>>
>>55020250
They are actually the Emperor personal guard,and they have his gene-seed.I see nothing wrong with that,go back starcraft
>>
>>55029247
Honestly after the End Times hit, the most likely scenario would be a random human planet at the edge of the galaxy, or unexplored space (like the ghoul stars) surviving. Probably protected by some surviving Craftworld or Titan the invisible Grey Knight planet, keeping man from evolving potent psykers or making it too far technologically. In a state of rebirth and renewal, wiping us out periodically to maintain a low human population and tech level.There would also be legends and shit about orks, eldar, tyranids, the space marines and eclesiarchy, etc., that help shape the world and its people through culture and myth. Actually, with almost everything dead in the galaxy, all that soul-stuff being reincarnated would be a mish-mash of the races and people that died. So you'd have people who were reincarnated space marines, reincarnated eldar, guardsman, SoB, etc.

There's... there's actually a lot of implications to that. I'll stop now before my brain breaks.
>>
>>55029296
Because there was only 21 ever made and most got assploded
>>
>>55029963

Nah, has to be Terra. Where it started, it ended and all that shite. That's why the Old World looks like Earth but all fucked up - it got 40K'd then un-40K'd when they removed the tech - they being the Old Ones.

Unfiltering my autism for a moment, going off of >>55022099 (which I'm not entirely sure if it's a fan-theory or canon), humanity are the biggest experiment of all - life made of chaos. When they wound up blowing up the everything, the Old Ones were like "yeah okay that was neat but lets try this" and chucked them on Terra with the rest of the surviving races (eldar, orks, whatever) and let them duke it out. That's why there are so many parallels between mythologies (Sigmar/the Emperor, birth of Slaanesh etc.). The Age of Sigmar is them rebooting them (literally) rebooting the entire universe, like starting a new game.

That's my theory anyway.
>>
>>55029425
Yeah but all they do is play hide and seek in the palace. Marines are out kicking ass.
>>
My favourite theory:
Malcador and the Emperor are the same person. Sort of.

What everyone thinks of as The Emperor, the big shiny gold dude, is a psychic construct, created by Malcador to act as a figurehead, and to be able to boss around the Primarchs.

The body on the Golden Throne is Malcador's, no one is allowed in to see it in case they notice that it's regular sized. Anyone who asks what happened to Malcador is told he was reduced to dust after temporarily taking over the astronomicon while "the emperor" fought Horus, which is a very convenient explanation for his sudden disappearance
>>
>>55029247
It would make more sense that fantasy happens way way way before the events of 40k.
Since the old ones are doing all kinds of experiments with the necrons and the eldar and such, before they had to heck off, it would make sense that fantasy would be part of those experiments, rather than something that happened naturally later on.

So the old ones create the fantasy world during their experiments, which includes the original necrons and eldar at the same time, then the Necrons rise up against them, and drive the old ones away, leaving fantasy with the half finished races and chaos still a thing.
>>
File: tumblr_nx9g0d6ysh1r0yir1o1_400.gif (1MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx9g0d6ysh1r0yir1o1_400.gif
1MB, 350x197px
Whats the deal with Eldar? Why is everyone "the great enemy" too them? Why do rhey hate more Necrons or Chaos? Why didnt they just warn humans and tau about them instead of being smug idiots?
>>
File: smugdar.png (19KB, 598x621px) Image search: [Google]
smugdar.png
19KB, 598x621px
>>55030484
>Talking to mon keigh
>>
>>55030536
>butt fuck each other so much your butt fuckery causes the warp to literally butt fuck its way into the galaxy
>>
>>55030536
>reviving a mon keigh
>>
>>55031004
Zoo keepers would do the same in any zoo if they could
>>
>>55010136
Dr Who/10
>>
>>55015793
Fellatio 20? Nice.
>>
>>55027282

I have no Idea what the truth is, just that there is a truth about the Emperor we don't know, and that it opens the omega vault.

It probably has to do with how he gained his powers and undoubtedly something to do with his beginnings but whatever it is only Omegon knows.
>>
>>55029388
>>55029425
A bunch of palace guards who havent fought in 10,000 years would have Marines bowing down and sucking their dicks? I hate marines but this fluff is just bullshit to make 13 year olds go WOW COOL THESE GUYS ARE DA BEST

Marines wouldn't trust their total inexperienced lazy asses them and Guardsmen wouldn't even know what they are.
>>
>>55033460
they fight routine daemons that leak in through the cracks in the golden throne
>>
File: 1451942394544.gif (46KB, 568x411px) Image search: [Google]
1451942394544.gif
46KB, 568x411px
Malcador is the real Emperor. The only people who know are the High Lords and the Custodes. The Big E was a giant Rubric, and Magnus saw this in his big message that broke the webway, while Malcador was "unmasked" in his lab.

The real 'betrayal' of Ahriman was seeing the puppet Emps as an unstoppable golem, and trying to beef up his troops using the same spell. He failed because Malcador had spent millennia to perfect it (kinda like the Astartes creation process).
>>
>>55033949
>they fight routine daemons that leak in through the cracks in the golden throne
Stop being retarded. This has been proven wrong over and over and over and over and over and over again. Stop repeating this stupid meme.
>>
File: 1462369572143.jpg (167KB, 769x437px) Image search: [Google]
1462369572143.jpg
167KB, 769x437px
>>55030536

Yeah, must be rather difficult to talk when gobbling dat Primarch cock.
>>
>>55033976
But the Rubric of Ahriman wasnt supposed to make magic beep boops?
>>
File: 1503480212243.jpg (49KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503480212243.jpg
49KB, 960x720px
>>55006592
Space Marines have been completely infiltrated by Orks for the past 10,000 years. It is even theorized that a particularly powerful Ork weird boy threw the God Emperor's body into warp space and has taken his place on the Golden Throne. The entire Imperium has been duped by muscular fungus people.
>>
The Primarch Gambit

The Emperor's plan was to eventually remove himself and the primarch's from the picture and let humanity lead itself. Therefore he created a situation in which at the height of the Imperium's power (remember, according to all sources, the re-acquisition of human worlds was slowing to a crawl by this point as it seemed there were few human worlds left undiscovered) the primarch's would turn on each other and consume themselves in a war that would leave only humans behind.

Almost every single primarch that turned can be traced directly back to the Emperor's own actions, often acting in an idiotic way that no one of his intellect had any right to be acting in unless there was a plan behind it (Magnus, Angron and Lorgar being the 3 most obvious examples). And even the traitor primarchs which don't have an obvious connection to the Emperor's actions often have indirect connections (Traitor Lorgar ends up turning Horus for example).

The only exception is Alpha Legion, who turned(?) on the Imperium at the behest of alien forces, thus throwing The Emperor's plans out of balance and tilting the conflict too far in the favor of chaos to the point where chaos had a much stronger hold on the galaxy then they should have and most of the traitorous primarchs were left alive.

TL;DR - The emperor being a dick to the primarchs is just a cover story for the emperor being a dick to the primarchs and xenos ruined everything as usual.
>>
>>55006592
Tyranids were created by the surviving old-ones as a reset button
>>
>>55030484
>Why is everyone the great enemy
Its' really just Slaanesh and Necrons, both have pretty obvious reasons

>Why didn't they warn humans
They tried to right before the heresy
>>
>>55034068
under what sources?
>>
>>55035162
Because the imperial webway gate is shut and the war in the webway ended before the end of the Heresy. So it you retards who need to offer evidence that the daemons still leak out. It you who needs proof that the custodes still fight daemons near the webway gate, which by the way is the fucking throne room. There is no evidence for this is why you need to stop.
>>
>>55035221
how about they are just better, fuck off
>>
File: Goalposts.jpg (14KB, 290x180px) Image search: [Google]
Goalposts.jpg
14KB, 290x180px
>>55035282
>>
>>55022154
Kek
>>
>>55034411

Nah, the Rubric was supposed to cleanse the Thaousand Sons of the flesh-change. And it did, in a way. Just as planned.
>>
>>55030113
See, my take is this. It's not Terra, they just *think* it is. They retroactively changed their history to match up, so that they're the center and start of it all, then it stuck. Sort of like how travelers tend to name new things the same as old things - moving from York, Britain, to New York, USA, etc. So while the "Terra" in Fantasy is supposedly the same as the "Terra" in 40k, the reality is that the Terra in 40k was changed to represent the Terra in Fantasy, or vice versa.

On a planetary scale, they would probably also name the other solar system planets as well, even if they aren't the same planets, and change the descriptions to match.
>>
File: tumblr_nt6j0qowYd1qgd40oo2_1280.png (626KB, 1164x1350px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nt6j0qowYd1qgd40oo2_1280.png
626KB, 1164x1350px
>>55034389
I heard primarch cock.
>>
>>55034389
>>55036638

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/37607862

for refference
>>
>>55037423
This... this is beautiful.
>>
>>55037442

my proudest moment
>>
>>55037500
Are you casually, scientifically interested in primarch dicks or do you waifu any of the primarchs?
>>
>>55037532

I am casually, scientifically interested in primarch dicks.
>>
>>55037548
I'm both to be honest. The thing a lot of people don't get before shouting GAYYYYYYYY is that you can just talk about things because they're interesting. Now for my own proudest moment:

https://yuki.la/tg/51577327#p51583397

I will say the derailing of this thread into lewdness and the subsequent slashfic written in the thread is probably my favorite thing. But the tagged post there is me attempting to math out primarch dick sizes, and one of the anons helped me with that. The conclusion reached is actually... surprising.
>>
>>55037610

a good lunch read anon. I thank you for it.
>>
>>55033460
Those palace guards are much more powerful then marines and much older.

Likewise they were the personal soldiers and guardians of the emperor before his inthronisation. And his guard after.
Guarding big E from everything that could do him harm.

To marines that is a mix of Apostle and returning slightly estranged grad uncle.

Of course they would be awestruck and happy as fuck.
>>
>>55033460
Pretty sure most imperials would recognize them.
Those armored angels that are always depicted at the side of the god emperor.
>>
>>55030286
They defend the one thing the Imperium can't be without. Marines can kick ass all they want. Should something happen to the Emperor all ass kicking is flatout useless.
>>
>>55006592
The Necrons are the good guys
>>
>>55006592

Chaos already won long ago.

The reality that exists is hell.
>>
>>55009259
Except the Tyranid are organisms that use the warp, where the C'tan are expressly described as being totally material
>>
>>55014713
>no Ordo Chronos
I know they're gone but it could just say zero inquisitors for posterity purposes
>>
>>55010760
I actually prefer them being the descendants of the relegated Terrans from the raven guard who were sent away before the heresy because they were too aggressive and too much like , and friendly with, the Luna wolves.

Which is why they speak antiquated and extremely formal gothic (Terran) and their tactics are hyper aggressive like the Luna wolves.
>>
>>55031473
This sounds super neat and I hope it becomes relevant in upcoming 40k lore
>>
>>55029296
For one thing, it's unclear whether it's even a class in the conventional sense. The comic book Macragge's Honour portrayed that Gloriana-class battleship as an Emperor-class ship. The old Horus Heresy collectible card game showed a couple of others (the Vengeful Spirit and Endurance) looking kind of like that, but it doesn't seem like the artists knew how they were armed (i.e. the flank detailing is pretty random). Then you've got Forge World making the Iron Blood look like a larger BFG Battle Barge, which is completely different from the others. They do label it a Gloriana-class ship. The World Eaters' flagship, the Conqueror, has a unique look of its own in that card game, with a Chaos cruiser-like rear similar to the BFG grand cruisers.

Until GW or FW tell us what Gloriana-class means, it doesn't really mean anything.
>>
File: 1287606521674.jpg (36KB, 795x595px) Image search: [Google]
1287606521674.jpg
36KB, 795x595px
i think it means big and custom
>>
>>55015746
>be imperial guardsman
>get promised top quality pussy by your commisar if you are first to charge and survive
>fuck yeah, charge onto the battlefield with everyone else, eager to win the contest
>orks are waiting and shred everyone
>so much blood and corpses and limbs you cant really see anything and after wildly shooting end up buried under corpses
>by the time you dug yourself out the battle has nearly completed and you get ordered to fall back
>commissar commends on your bravery and tells you to go to the other building for your prize
>get led into a room
>take off your clothes
>you see a beautiful naked lady walk up to you with graceful steps
>boner.jpg
>as she gets close nausea overtakes you
>weakly hold up your hand hoping it passes
>she lifts you up and tosses you in bed
>she jumps on you, rips off your boxers and start stroking your dick
>even though you seriously feel fucked up get hard anyway
>she mounts you and fucks you like she hasnt had some for decades
>pleasure slowly pushes away your sickness
>she clenches her muscles
>get wrung dry over and over for what feels like an eternity
>fall asleep
>wake up still slightly ill and bruised all over
>promise yourself you will charge again when asked to and pray you dont get sick next time
>>
>>55041579
Consider suicide
>>
File: Animus_Speculum_2.jpg (11KB, 200x188px) Image search: [Google]
Animus_Speculum_2.jpg
11KB, 200x188px
>>55010124
Hello
>>
>>55039879
The orks won. They're in paradise.
>>
>>55013714
>>55022318
It's also left a mystery as to how he escapes those other eight times, Azrael can't find records because previous Chapter Masters were intentionally very vague usually writing less than a paragraph about the whole experience. It's possible they let him go but it's also possible he just escaped, he does imply he could easily and if I recall the fact that he hadn't even tried yet is one of the big things that gets Sapphon to agree to work with him.

The big thing for me at the end of the novel was that the book seemed to imply Cipher let himself get caught every time. It's just a feeling I had from the way he talked about it every time.
>>
File: IMG_0865.png (463KB, 1099x402px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0865.png
463KB, 1099x402px
>>55006672
>>
>>55020918
Could also explain the blood ravens
And maybe he is then butchered by kharn?
>>
>>55021849
>The Lion was the heretic
dumbest theory
this nigga went up against a changer of ways, and it GAVE UP TRYING TO CORRUPT HIM
>>
>>55007047
Alpharius/[REDACTED] is a traitor to the Emperor, but the Emperor is an idiot anyway. Renegade Marines are a thing, you know.
>>
File: LionElFeelsgoodman.png (28KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
LionElFeelsgoodman.png
28KB, 1162x850px
>>55025156
Better but I still don't buy it. Astelan lies about most of the things that happened during the Fall, but he wasn't lying about the Fall. Plus given that the Fallen we have heard in an actual interrogation never mention this even though it be the easiest thing?

Nah, I don't buy it.

>>55047418
Anon speaks the truth
>>
>>55030301
This is possibly my favorite 40K theory of recent times. All Empy's stupid shit makes a great deal more sense if he was really just a really psychic smart dude trying desperately to reunite/save humanity.
>>
>>55018883
Under rated
>>
>>55026980
Dumb question: is the rear section of the Imperal ship a rudder-type assembly with a lot of empty space, or is it solid and just painted white? I can never tell because it's always the same color as the background.
>>
>>55048711
That's all engine cowling and main propulsion if the BFG game is to be considered canon.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (166KB, 1578x887px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
166KB, 1578x887px
>>55048711
looks solid to me.
>>
File: ____3012569_orig.png (1MB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
____3012569_orig.png
1MB, 1067x800px
>>55026980
Is it out of scale, or are Star Wars ships really that small?
>>
>>55034474
What are the shoulderpads on the Ork from?

I might have to do that for some Kommandos
>>
>>55010023
>>55009880
Why not both?

And maybe the only thing bonding all of those splinter cells together is their vague affinity for the Legion, putting it above even the near absolutely boundary of loyalist or chaos. So they mess with each other less and act more like a massive hidden society spreading itself like a virus to spread its tendrils over all the factions, human and xenos alike.
>>
>>55006592
The various ordos and human societies are busy running their own shadow empires and experiments establishing imperial colonies in other galaxies, timelines (like the Chronos with time machines) and secret Dark Age planets.
>>
>>55048973
Star Wars ships are pretty big by modern standards. Imperial ships are just LUDICROUS. I'm p sure I read somewhere that they have to have hundreds of crew members for every single cannon, just to load/fire it.
>>
>>55049340
>I'm p sure I read somewhere that they have to have hundreds of crew members for every single cannon, just to load/fire it.
You read wrong.

They need thousands.
>>
File: 1503627217441.png (1MB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
1503627217441.png
1MB, 1067x800px
>>55049340
Who do you think these are?

And these are only the Macro Cannons, the Torpedoes are skyscraper sized and still loaded by hand.
>>
>>55049592
Imagine if they do something smart and disable the artificial gravity so they COULD load it by hand easier.
>>
>>55049659
The AdMech have auto-loaders on all their ship's weapons, but they're too stingy to put them on Navy ships.
>>
>>55017491
tru
>>
File: 1502382321007.png (1MB, 791x1222px) Image search: [Google]
1502382321007.png
1MB, 791x1222px
>>55007095
PLEASE. Horus (possibly turning loyal for humanity) then being the one on the Golden throne would be the best possible end for the HH series. It makes everything so much more tragic with EVERYONE being in the wrong.
>>
>>55006592
The alpha legion is
>>
The Tau progressed from primitive tribesmen to galactic power in such a small timeframe because their home planet is home to a largely-intact STC.
>>
>>55006592
The Krieg civil war was the result of an Isstvaanian Inquisitor causing trouble to make the citizens of Krieg stronger. It was more successful they they could've possibly predicted.
>>
>>55006592
The tyranids are drawn to the emperor, and the hivemind is actually created by consuming being like him.
>>
>>55025407
>Emperor psionically attacks Horus
>Instead of Horus' soul being burned out
>the wounded Emperor finds himself vulnerable to the Four Gods
>Horus ends up taking the Emperor's place (or merging)
>Ends up trapped on the throne for 10,000 years
>Gulliman arrives
>"Emperor is cruel, cold, and see's him as a tool."
>Emperor Horus proceeds to manipulate Girlyman

Makes more sense than you think. Especially since Girly is like "WHY IS THE EMPEROR SO HATEFUL AND EVIL?!"
>>
>>55052229
Meanwhile horusperor thinks he's acting in character
>>
>>55019271
>thatheresybutibeliveit.webm
>>
File: emperors knight.jpg (122KB, 783x529px) Image search: [Google]
emperors knight.jpg
122KB, 783x529px
>>55006592

The Emperor was responsible in some way for the creation of the Knights, the Throne Mechanicum and the Knight worlds; as counterparts to the Eldar exodite worlds and as insurance that baseline humans would survive the Age of Strife.
>>
Abaddon is Horus
>>
>>55044499
So much this.
>>
One of the lost Primarchs was Omegon. Whatever role his legion was intended to serve, or even if he ever actually led it before it was folded into the Alpha Legion(?), was erased from all records.
>>
>>55019692
110% this. In the beginning it was special because it was a peek at history, every book important (except that fucking one with the super battleship the word bearers had).

Then it turned into more adventure of the week crap, the only difference was it was 30k not 40k.
>>
>>55019740
What the fuck is a shard of magnus anyway? Is this new stuff from the HH or what?
>>
>>55030301
There was a HH story (from way back when it was good) where the emperor went into the last church on earth during the final stages of unification while psychically disguising himself as to just look like another meek scholar to the priest. He could certainly alter his appearance to look like the big golden boy while really being Malcador the whole time
>>
>>55053221
Nah. From after. Some donut steel char wad manipulated by maggy to cast a spell on him that split him in several individuals. Kinda reversed Emperor making.
Said char thinks it was his idea.

The splitters have varying opinions about their old collective selves service go chaos. Some are fine with it. Others are not. Some are still very much loyal to big E.
>>
Apparently there is a theory that the Sanguinor and one of the Bloodthirsters who keeps tormenting the Blood Angels are two halves of Sanguinius (as warp echoes or something I guess) and if they could be smushed together in the warp he might return. I kinda think it's dumb but I would be totally down with it if it gave me a winged 40k Sanguinius model.
>>
>>55053209
>Feeding time is over.
It wasn't that bad.
It gave us a cool TS and WE.
>>
File: 1502723275975.jpg (4KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1502723275975.jpg
4KB, 126x126px
>>55019271
I want you to be wrong but I can't think of reasons why
>>
File: 1484781985746.jpg (556KB, 662x950px) Image search: [Google]
1484781985746.jpg
556KB, 662x950px
>Alpharius and Omgeon are both still alive and well.
>The Tyranids ARE running away from something.
>The Primaris marines are not an order 66 type deal and Crawl is dark mechanicus.
>Leman Russ will emerge from the eye of terror contorted and mutated into a giant wolfman by the warp but is by and large a daemon of the emperor.
>Tau 4th sphere will re-emerge chaotic
>Orks are the defensive force left behind by the old ones to make sure nothing changes too much before they get back.
>>
>>55053569
They ARE an order 66 type deal i mean, sorry.
>>
bump for fun
>>
>>55053387
You have zero idea about what you are talking about.
>>
>>55047418
Lion was at worst a traitor, at best the dumbest loyalist
>>
>>55053068
Thats retarded. There were two bodies in his Primarch pod as stated in multiple sources
>>
>>55053569
>Alpharius and Omgeon are both still alive and well.
Honestly, the "Guilliman and Dorn never fought the ahckshual Alpharius/Omegon, it was only a doppleganger sleeper copycat mimic agent and they are actually still out ther" is so commonly accepted, believing that even one of them got killed for reals is a conspiracy theory.
>>
>>55054645
New conspiracy theory. Their marines went traitor behind their backs and led their primarchs to the slaughter, so now the AL really is traitor but weren't during the heresy.
>>
>>55054645
>believing that even one of them got killed for reals is a conspiracy theory.
How so, everyone knows the sanguinus that got slain by horus was in reality a still loyal alpharius who got asked by sanguinus to step in while he went out to do some important stuff in the warp. Who else do you think the sanguinor is?
>>
>>55054656
I'd be more inclined to believe the other way round, how hard would it be to pull the wool over on 10k+ super soldiers?
>>
>>55054906
Harder than just two demigods...

By god you're right! That's so much more convoluted and Alpha Legiony, they really were fighting for the Chaos gods but contrived the whole cobal thing as a way to convince their loyalist men to fight for Horus, and were kill- no wait, and they committed suicide so that their men would never find out nor get the order to stop!
>>
When replicating his own gene-seed, Big E started a evolutionary countdown, that will end in Mankind's extinction.
>>
>>55054977
I said I'd be more inclined to believe it, not that either option was retarded.
>>
>>55055033
*wasn't
>>
File: enel.jpg (384KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
enel.jpg
384KB, 1066x1600px
>>55010195
>Janus Kennon was an Alpha Legion agent tasked with assassinating Captain Drakken
>>
>>55009259
3rd ed Tyranid's were the best
>>
>>55055691
Mid 3e to mid 4e everything was the best.
>>
>>55047418
OR DID IT???
(Captcha: mild heresy)
>>
>>55054204
Only repeating what I learned from you guys regarding the new black legion lore coupled with a decent hint of suspicion.
>>
>>55019271
This makes perfect sense desu. Bundling of the Shamans, Human wrought strife, plotting and despair. His involuntarily conceived "sons" being jealous of their newly and purposely created "brethern". I like it.
>>
File: 1489490416723.jpg (13KB, 233x216px) Image search: [Google]
1489490416723.jpg
13KB, 233x216px
>>55037610
Well met brother mathematician, I completely forgot about that thread. My DH group accused me of magical realm for weeks after the end of that due to my involvement...
>>
>>55055732
>>55055691
Except for blandcrons
>>
>>55053569
I like all of these and chaos tau would be very interesting as it would be the race's first encounter with them.
>>
>>55018782
That's not a conspiracy it's what is told in the fluff..
>>
>>55010136
That's actually cool. I always liked the idea that the hrud were this. It was actually hinted at in old fluff.
>>
>>55019271
>>
File: lich_casts_silence.jpg (222KB, 500x713px) Image search: [Google]
lich_casts_silence.jpg
222KB, 500x713px
>>55006592
Chaos honestly don't look too terrifying, but daemons take the shape of their opponents' deepest desires/fears, and due to how hellish the imperium is, they look like repressed Imperial desires, reinforced by the Ork's gestalt field.

This honestly makes a lot of sense to me considering people like the Tau can look at Dark Eldar and think nothing of them, or fail to see the difference between a regular space marine and a chaos one.
>>
>>55044177
Spear was a culexus
>>
>>55061815
>Superduper Black Culexus getting possessed by minor demon
>This somehow turns him into the psionic equivalent of I'm Rubber, You're Glue strong enough to maybe kill the Emperor
Trust in the Horus Heresy novels to always come up with the dumbest ideas
>>
Omegon is not a real Primarch, but the designation of an Alpha legionnaire chosen by Alpharius and submitted to extensive gene moddding to resemble him, so that when/if Alpharius dies, his consciousness can be transferred into the current Omegon through a psychic link.
>>
File: 1501151953318.gif (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1501151953318.gif
6KB, 200x200px
>>55055088
>Drakken was Alpharius all along
>>
>>55030301
Isn't this sort of debunked after Master of Mankind, where one of the Sisters of Silence sees the Emperor on the throne as a tired old man with tanned skin akin to his Anatolian roots.
>>
>>55063105
Who's to say Malcador doesn't have that kind of skin?
>>
The Emperor is really God and was really Jesus who is also really God.
>>
>>55064009
The Emperor is Conan, not Jesus.
>>
>>55064076
These are not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>55039483
They are in a sense. Necrons are trying permanently separate the warp from realspace, which would benefit nearly everyone.
>>
>>55055931
>Black Legion Lore
>Relevant to Magnus
Pick one.
>>
File: NO CONECTION IGNORE ME!.jpg (256KB, 801x588px) Image search: [Google]
NO CONECTION IGNORE ME!.jpg
256KB, 801x588px
>>55006592
The silver skulls are a ruse, they are just ultras who have strange librarians.
>>
File: 1482823317595.png (84KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1482823317595.png
84KB, 510x546px
The orks are the good guys

They protect the galaxy from being nomd from bugs and smash other faggots

They'd be more friendly to ummis if they werent pussies
>>
>>55015522
Would other blanks/pariahs get affected by the whole blank effect? Because I imagine a culexus and a SoS going on a date.

DRAWFAGS!!
>>
File: Culexus_Updated (1).jpg (809KB, 1010x1517px) Image search: [Google]
Culexus_Updated (1).jpg
809KB, 1010x1517px
>>55065076
The culexus temple is probably a sexy holiday resort for SoS where they save up those shore leaves and chill out with Culexus chads.

I mean look at this guy, look at how shredded he is, look at that package. You bet your ass this guy is swimming in SoS pussy.
>>
File: 800px-CawlArt.jpg (78KB, 800x542px) Image search: [Google]
800px-CawlArt.jpg
78KB, 800x542px
Belisarius Cawl is not a member of the adeptus mechanicus. He is a member of the pre unity Mechanicum, and as such, is using a ton of forbidden technology that got corrupted in the schism of mars. He was one of those 'earth bound' mars types who worked for the Big E directly. You know when during the heresy, someone needed something space marinie done, so they go to Terra for something hidden in a vault? Yeah those guys who make custodians weapons and work on the webway? the stuff that the big E locked away from the tinmen, because it was to dangerous? Cawl worked with them.

Here is the problem, this guy is not exactly a orthodox member of the cult of mars. With all his sudden power, with getting girllieman back and the primus guys, he is positioning himself as a single person with power in Terra, The space marines, and Mars. Throw in the eldar, and you have the making of a massive problem getting a check on his influence.

He is setting himself up as a huge power, and a potentially unstable one. Who is going to stop him?
>>
>>55065325
I would totes ditch the imperium if I was 100% guaranteed that this guy would run the show.
>>
>>55007047
Loyal to the Space Marines, not to the Emperor.

They did their duty. And for that they were damned.
>>
>>55065452
AdMech is remarkably viable for ordinary humans.

The grim darkness of the 41st millenium isn't so bad when you can breathe gasoline and piss napalm.
>>
>>55065325
Tell me about this guy? From what I've heard he's just your typical nerd but That axe implies that he also does his fair share of getting stuck in.

Does he have any notable achievements in single combat? How strong is he? Why is he allowed to have collars on his fucking robes like he's elvis?
>>
>>55065612
Probably from failed Primaris specimens.
>>
File: 1468261776010.jpg (702KB, 577x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1468261776010.jpg
702KB, 577x1280px
>>55041571
the number of times someone drops something on their toes while unloading the super heavy barge must be insane
>>
>>55009769
The corpses of rat looking mutants are not evidence of these delusional skavmen you keep screaming about. The hive city is strong!
>>
>>55064886
This is honestly my favorite. The Orks are the best insurance policy ever made, devoted to murderizing everything and keeping anyone from getting too big and fucking everything else up.

I mean, it falls apart pretty quick, but it's neat
>>
>Trazyn awakens, goes lootin'
>By chance, comes across Vulkan alive and well
>Trazyn captures Vulkan to extract the Perpetual regeneration ability, but his pseudo-organic body makes it an indirect regeneration

>Emps created multiple "no win" situations to set up the lost Legions and others so that they can be wiped out
>First reason was to perfect the Wolves' ability to destroy other Legions
>Second is so that the Wolves could go Order 66 once the Crusades are over

>The Lion Sword will free The Emperor and allow him to reincarnate as the Star Child
>Drach'inyen will suck the Emperor's soul and make the demon the fifth Chaos god
>Both Cypher and Abaddon know the stakes and are racing to slay the Emperor first
>>
>Tau are necrontyr, the etherials belong to one or more Necron dynasties
>chaos is human equivalent to shadow in the warp, is much weaker because no hive mind
>Swarmlord is equivalent to the Emperor & may have been the first synapse creature
>>
>>55065612
He is dead killy, but also tricky. He has like 50 brains, so he doesn't have to worry bout losing his head, cus he can just make a new one. That's why he has a collar on his robes. That's not a hood, it's a hat. When he gets his head chopped, he doesn't need a new whole robe. He dosent even have blood, so his hat is still pretty flash after you dust it off a bit.
>>
>>55006592
>Everything you think you know about the Emperor is a lie.
What you know as 'The Emperor of Mankind' was actually a top-secret DAoT genetic weapon, with bits of Eldar/Alien psyker DNA thrown in for good measure and perfected to be used against the OP psychic pre-fall Eldar. He/'it' was clearly intended to be the end-all of Human evolution, hence why the DAoT AIs mentioned that Humanity were on the verge of transcendence/godhood during the time. However, due to the Warpstorms (Caused by the eldar's fall), the subsequent psyker epidemic (Caused by the introduction of the psyker gene through genetic engineering into the Human race) and rebellion of the Men of Iron (which started when they started viewing psychic Humanity as the greatest threat to Humanity as a whole ironically), that will never come to pass. The 'Emperor' project was forgotten and lost on the Throneworld and he/'it' escaped (Thinking 'it'/him rightfully so to be the epitome of Mankind's evolution).

The Emperor fully intended for the Great crusade/HH/the regression of the Imperium to happen to become the only icon of worship throughout the Human imperium/the Human race and attain true godhood (The Chaos Gods were right) in a bid for ultimate power.
>>
>>55014713
what the fuck is the ordo necros doing? i mean a whole 'nother branch was set up just to spy on them?
>>
I think the whole Long War is a master ruse by the Emperor that's using the energy/souls/emotions of a 10k+ year galaxy wide war to ascend to supreme godhood. It's the only possible answer because a being of his magnitude can't make such a shitty parent with so many basic mistakes. I mean, the random nigger crackhead from Detroit would make a better father than the Emperor and all this bullshit war with Horus going ham and convincing his bros happened only because of said parenting mistakes.
>>
>Malice is formed from humanity's inconsistency and Emp's no worship policy
>Sons of Malice are one of the two lost legions
>Outsider is secretly controlling the tyranids
>Be'lakor was a lost primarch
>Daemonettes are made from caught eldar like plaguebearers are made from caught humans subjected to Nurgle's Rot
>Tzeentch was murderfucked into existence via Screaming Vortex or Malestorm
>>
Imperium and Ad Mech haven't stagnated. The overt religious aspect is fueling the Emperor, the best weapon they have.
Orks bring balance to the universe allowing no race to dominate.
Lord Vandire is vampire von carstein.
Fulgrim is up to some next level tantric shit and will returned enlightened.
Cypher started the inner circle.
Malcador stayed on the throne.
>>
>>55048990
These are regular 'ardboy shoulderpads painted ultramarine.
>>
>>55014713
Secretly, the Ordo Necros and the Ordo Viligus are made of the same 5 inquisitors and none of them know they are just spying on themselves.
>>
>>55071240
Mate, just ignore everything that comes out of the HH novels. They turn everything they touch to shit.
>>
>>55019271
Holy Kek I want this to be wrong but I can't think of any reasons. Goddamnit
>>
>>55050248
I can imagine the mountains of salt that would unleash. Make it happen.
>>
File: tumblr_olo65fQoOE1vhs14no1_500.jpg (52KB, 480x636px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olo65fQoOE1vhs14no1_500.jpg
52KB, 480x636px
>>55006592

>Alpharius was lost to the warp, Omegon stayed with the emperor
>Alpha Legion was authorised by the Emperor to be an Imperium deep state
>Alpha Legion was to become the Gestapo and CIA when crusade ended
>Omegon and the Ghost Legion probably killed all the Thunder Warriors
>they had numerous specialised facilities and bases in wilderness space, unknown space, etc for this purpose
>there was an Alpha Legion civil war
>at least 1 on the twins is dead
>whilst most Alpha Legion are splintered and have resorted to warlordism, there is still a massive Alpha Legion force lead by the remaining primarch
>this remnant has access to amazing technology and organisation (Raptor genes, Cabal tech, etc)
>that force is in the Perfidian Gap

I also like the theory here, compliments what i have to say >>55007047
>>
>>55050248
Don't wanna burst your bubble, but Rawbooty talks to Big E on the Throne after he wakes up.
>>
>>55007095
>The Emperor died trying to purify his son
But wouldn't he have gone starchild by now? Also this >>55078721.
>>
>>55010607
I've always had the feeling that Malcador was the Emperor's twin.
You know, because Malcador had anormaly powerfull psychic skills, far more than any other being in existence (apart from the Emperor and Magnus).
>>
>>55019271
>we know that the Mongols conquests and the Black Death caused the creation of Khorne and Nurgle, respectively, possibly echoing forwards and backwards through time to account for their actions that would be anomalous if you assumed a linear timeline and a single creation event on Earth during the European Dark Age
I'm more inclined to believe that the birth of these gods happened around this age, but we're not purely birthed by human actions.
We don't know exactly what happened with aliens during human's middle age, but it wouldn't surprise me if the eldars and others races caused a lot of bloodshed.

plus, Nurgle goes back into the War in Heaven if I remember correctly
>>
>>55022127
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Humanity is not, and has never been, the good guys of 40k. People just like to pretend so because we're all humans here.
>>
>>55022296
There's better and there's worse, but the Imperium aren't good guys. Neither are the Eldar, and the Tau only by comparison. It's just that everyone else is worse.
>>
>>55030484
the suspense in that gif is killing me
>>
>>55071240
The Emperor is pretty much the epytome of human evolution.
That's why he was a "bad father". A being so enormously better than everyone else could not comprehend how inferior minds worked. That's more or less what Malcador believed.
>>
>>55079423
Yes, the earth events are echos of the births, as the Age of Strife was for Slaanesh. However, time doesn't apply to the warp; the birth dates do not preclude the gods from being active before it. 'Birth' is better considered as the chronological epicenter of the Chaos God.
Nurgle, Khorne, and Tzeentch were all active during the War in Heaven; the Eldar weaponized aspects of them as Isha, Khaine and Cegorach.
>>
>>55080178
The eldar gods were independent gods. They were not aspects of the big four
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.