[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exalted General - /exg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 43

File: sun.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
sun.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
https://www.dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms%20of%20the%20Chosen%20Preview.docx?dl=0
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
http://theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
http://theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
https://pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>Resources for Older Editions
https://pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
https://pastebin.com/d8erArwm
https://pastebin.com/fPSSNQZL
https://pastebin.com/2pPpjjv5
https://pastebin.com/fLRD51Hf
https://pastebin.com/VwCdMgCG
https://pastebin.com/RmUiuBKR
https://pastebin.com/MbTG7ZH6
https://pastebin.com/ccPnXHQz

Let's discuss something that isn't Warstriders. Marriage among the Dynasty, maybe.
>>
>>55003816
>Marriage among the Dynasty, maybe.
More specifically, last thread had a pot or two about whether Dynasts marry for purely political reasons or whether personal feelings have their place as well. I seem to recall that in 1E at least elders of most Houses did pay some heed to the opinions of the potential spouses when it came to arranging marriages. This seems like a sensible thing to do, because marriage presumably works better both as source of new Dragon-Blooded and as a means of securing alliances and connections if the husband and wife don't hate each other too much. How do you guys think these things work or should work? Have you had marriage negotiations in your DB games, and if yes, did your characters have any say?
>>
>>55003866
I've been imagining them as heavily formalized courtships of "proper" candidates. The Dynasts parents select a group of suitable brides/spouses and arrange a formal meeting between the two with the other Dynasts parents. After meeting the potential brides/spouses the child (usually with a great deal of input from his parents) selects someone from that group to begin courting. After a short courtship the two Dynasts, barring severe problems between the two that would make marriage unwise, are engaged. Their parents and other family elders have a large influence at every step of this process advising and guiding them to someone they think will make a good marriage for the House and the child.

That would be the ideal at least. All to often Dynasts are all but sold off by their power hungry families to unsuitable candidates for political power. Widows and widowers often won't have parents or elders help them through the process of remarrying and they may be considered bad luck. Marriages where the two candidates didn't particularly love each other often break down with both partners taking lovers on the side and only staying together as a formality, many servants in Dragonblood houses have their children receive terrestrial exaltation and noble features.
>>
Is Rathess dead?
Can you use Excellencies during Craft Projects and/or Sorcerous Workings?
>>
>>55004145
Yes. Yes and yes.
>>
>>55004150
Oh. I'd hoped it was just down for the moment. Fuck.
Also, great for Excellencies.
Thanks.
>>
>>55004145
>Rathless
What is this?
>>
File: 1498426917769.jpg (23KB, 316x314px) Image search: [Google]
1498426917769.jpg
23KB, 316x314px
>>55004397
A backup wiki of 1e/2e stuff that's apparently dead now.
http://rathess.xi.co.nz/exalted/index.php/Main_Page
>>
Would creating a Protoshinmaic Vortex be just a Craft roll, or would you have them use Lore or Sorcerous Workings to make one?
>>
>>55005134
>Protoshinmaic Vortex
It's basically a mini universe pulled out of the Wtld so I'd imagine you would need Lore/Occult and Sorcery as well.
>>
So if you have a Supernal ability, can you buy repurchases without hitting the required Essence?
>>
>>55005526
No
>>
>>55005526
Yes, you can buy repurchases that are higher than your current essence level.
>>
>>55005526
Yes. You don't get the at Essence X this happens clause. But repurchases are fine.
>>
I like the 3e change to the Zenith Anima so that it's not expressly "fuck off to Lethe" but lets you take up their unfinished buisiness.

In previous editions it enabled them to act like raging bigots in a way that was just irritating for a lot of group dynamics.
>>
Jesus Christ how many dice do you roll in Craft holy fuck
>>
>>55005657
Since when are peopl;e using the default craft wank?
>>
File: 1493389991138.gif (161KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493389991138.gif
161KB, 480x480px
>>55005639
>In previous editions it enabled them to act like raging bigots in a way that was just irritating for a lot of group dynamics.
Hierophant was a Zenith.
Coincidence?
I think not.
>>
File: 1445554180875.png (1MB, 1698x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1445554180875.png
1MB, 1698x1100px
Were we ever told who all these guys are?
>>
>>55005707
Alchemical, something, something, something, Infernal
>>
Would returning a Dragonblooded back to perfect breeding be Terrestrial or Celestial Working?
>>
>>55005813
I'd say Celestial. If the Terrestiral's could do that as a working then you can bet they would do it as much as possible.
>>
>>55005813
Why not just go for a Solar working of preventing the bloodline decay everywhere while at it?
>>
File: PraiseItBitches.png (375KB, 588x571px) Image search: [Google]
PraiseItBitches.png
375KB, 588x571px
>>55003816
>Let's discuss something that isn't Warstriders. Marriage among the Dynasty, maybe.

How would one marry a Dynast whose mind has been implanted into a Warstrider to serve as it's guiding AI? What sort of...Adaptions, would an enterprising Solar need to satisfy his robotfu?
>>
>>55005630
Actually you do get the At Essence X gain additional effects, you do not however count as Essence 5 for things that scale off Essence like "gain (Essence) dice/successes" those still use your actual Essence.
>>
File: Bullshit.png (127KB, 605x203px) Image search: [Google]
Bullshit.png
127KB, 605x203px
>>55005916
>Actually you do get the At Essence X gain additional effects
>>
Are Dragon Kings not a thing in 3e?
Are they mentioned in the previews?
>>
>>55005824
DBs can do Celestial Workings and they have shittona if infrastructure to get their Means up. I wouldn't allow Workings to raise someone's breeding back to Pure short of Solar. Otherwise every Sorcerer in the Realm would have done so on themselves and rich people. There wouldn't be a Breeding problem.
>>
>>55005942
no
>>
>>55005942
They are coming according to Vance. No idea when but they are in the pipeline.
>>
>>55005949
Doh, mixed up Celestial and Solar workings. This is what I meant to say.
>>
>>55005813
Shit's Messing With Exaltationsâ„¢ so definitely Solar.
>>
>>55005707
The handling of the new Exalt types annoys me so much.

It's not just that they've gone "ITS A MYSTERY!" because that could be cool and lets people come up with their own ideas.
Instead it feels like there’s a lot of people who are sorta in the know telling people that their ideas for the new Exalt types are wrong and because of that they don’t feel like a blank spot on the map but an area in a video game you can’t enter until the DLC comes out.

Basically it's another cool idea that Morke and Holden had that's been undermined by their own ego.
>>
>>55005972
Fuck yeah. Can't wait for my bros man.
>>
>>55005924
>Charms in your Supernal Ability treat your Essence rating as 5 for the purpose of meeting the prerequisites to purchase and upgrade them.

>purchase and upgrade them.

The devs confirmed it towards the beginning of the line but I'm on my phone right now and it'd be way too much trouble to find it right now.
>>
>>55005859
That does no sound like a subtle alteration to reality.

>>55005942
They probably are, and the devs - can't remember if it was the old or new ones, though - have expressed their desire to write 3E Dragon Kings on the official forums. They're not really something that needs to be mentioned in the core, though. Were they in either of the previoous editions' corebooks? I can't remember.
>>
>>55005880
I know someone who played an Infernal that was sexually involved with a Hellstrider, it found a way to project an avatar of itself which made the logistics of the whole thing much easier.
>>
>>55005707
That second one looks hot.
Maybe Exigent or Liminal.

How did the Scarlet Empress live so long anyway?
>>
File: KriegerWaifu.jpg (264KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
KriegerWaifu.jpg
264KB, 1280x720px
>>55006032

I dunno, that sounds like cheating to me. Also sounds like this.
>>
File: URUM10j.png (68KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
URUM10j.png
68KB, 300x300px
One day, I want to play a Twilight.
And build a wall.
A wall in the North.
To keep the Fae outside.
Maybe one in the South too, for good measure.
>>
>>55006053
>How did the Scarlet Empress live so long anyway?

Pure plot shield/plot armor. She lived long for the same reason she didn't get exploded by any of the numerous things in the setting that could have turned her into a bloody fountain from large distances away, or the same reason any of her scheming asshole progeny didn't hurl her into a meat grinder one night and assume leadership.
>>
>>55004591
Guy said he was making some adjustments to the page.
About two days ago, though.
>>
>>55006104
The sword of creation is a hell of a weapon drug
>>
>>55006082
There was also something with the straps reaching across her crotch at one point. We're not a particularly smutty group and tend not to dwell on the logistics of these things.
>>
>>55003866
It depends on your personal power, breeding, and how willing you are to say fuck off to your family.

As a rule, the extreme majority of marriages are purely political amongst the nobilities of the Great House. If you aren't a DB, you are offered to the highest bidder (a thousand extra point if he/she is a DB). If you are a DB, this is a difficult political decision where political alliance, economical ties, difference in breeding, in age, and a lot of other things are considered. Personal compatibility between both the future groom and the future bride? Well, it's better if they don't hate each other, of course. You won't go very far if they try to assassinate each other. But beyond that, it's the literal least of the considerations.

If one DB is very vocal about marrying the one he does love, it very depends on particulars. If the family can't afford that move, or has a plan, or is just hard-headed, a lot of complications can happen. But if you're into a pretty chill family, or you have the support of the family head? No particular problem, as long as your chosen bride/groom IS of equal station of yours, and not from an enemy family or something.

Marrying a slavegirl? It never happens. 'Oh grand-grand-granddad I really like that other DB with a good standing and a good breeding, and she's really into me?' THAT happens without big fuss.
>>
>>55006053
>How did the Scarlet Empress live so long anyway?

She has all the magical resources of an entire empire, and access to first age magitech beyond your wildest dreams.

If 'tentacle rapes' Mnemon can find a way to extend her life, her Redness can. And she's far better at it too.

>>55006104
Oh please, raging Scarlet Empress hater anon. We already had that discussion. You were proven wrong and irrational. Don't start again.
>>
>>55006104
Did Fire Crotch piss in your cereal or something?
>>
>>55006189
>Oh please, raging Scarlet Empress hater anon. We already had that discussion.
I seem to recall we had that discussion several times, even.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170822-204835.png (481KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170822-204835.png
481KB, 1080x1920px
>>55006230
Mnemon can't be this cute
>>
File: mnemon.jpg (256KB, 953x977px) Image search: [Google]
mnemon.jpg
256KB, 953x977px
>>55006385
I dunno anon. She can definitely be cuter.
>>
>>55006478
That's what you get when messing with 2nd Circle Demons without proper preparations. I'm sure she enjoyed it.
>>
Is Wyld Cauldron Mastery suppose to be non-charm successes? Because the next charm Sevenfold Savant Mantle is nearly useless as at most you could only ever add on 2 dice of an excellency at essence 4 and none when you reach essence 5. I guess you can ignore one willpower expenditure but still that is God awful.

I guess its meant for Supernal Lore Twilights who go out into the Wyld at Essence 1 after investing 12 charms to do this. Again bravo Holden.
>>
Is the Jade used by Realm only Green, or do they use other coloured Jade as well for Dosh?
>>
>>55006860
>ask question
>don't wait for answer
>blame Holden for a problem you're not even sure exists

nice
>>
>>55006189
>If 'tentacle rapes' Mnemon
What?
>>
>>55006877
Realm Jade is generally white, that's the earth elemental one and is therefore abundant in the Realm
>>
>>55006877
I think they use white more for money. Partially because they get so much from the Imperial Mountain which is white.
>>
>>55006883
Oh the problem exists. I asked rhetorically because it is not marked as non-charm dice. I was wondering if Holden meant for it to be non-charm but was too retarded to actually write it in the charm. Instead it just busted the charm tree further RAW.
>>
>>55006900
>>55006903
Alright so going to have to go on a stealing spree to get different colours of Jade from the Realm for artefact building then.
>>
>>55006189
>You were proven wrong and irrational. Don't start again.

I don't know anon, pretty sure just saying you were right and the other guy was wrong just makes you look like you're full of shit and are completely wrong.
>>
File: Priestess3.jpg (748KB, 848x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Priestess3.jpg
748KB, 848x1024px
>>55006877

It's supposed to be white, a lot of pictures use green though. I guess the honest answer here is "It's probably white because Earth pole and Earth aspected jade is white, but pictures get it wrong because the art in Exalted rarely matches anything they're talking about".
>>
>>55006965
Considering the fact that multiple people made long posts explaining why the Empress isn't actually a fuckup and why there's more than plot armor to her success, claiming that anon was just saying he was right is rather misleading.
>>
>>55007017

And most of what was written was reeking of terrible, Batman-tier plot shield shittery.
>>
>>55007077
No. It wasn't. Its just that you're, as >>55006189 said, wrong and irrational. Rational arguments don't really work on someone who's dead set on sticking to his views.
>>
>>55007101
Oh God its warstriders all over again!
>>
File: Eyes of Heaven.png (443KB, 899x601px) Image search: [Google]
Eyes of Heaven.png
443KB, 899x601px
When's the next update planned?
>>
>>55007123
Quick, let's talk about something more controversial, like Infernals!
>>
>>55007123
/exg/ will never get rid of dumb as fuck arguments, but we might at least change the subjects of our dumb as fuck arguments every now and then.
>>
>>55007129
never ever
>>
File: Send Help.png (26KB, 263x316px) Image search: [Google]
Send Help.png
26KB, 263x316px
>>55007179
Come on anon, be serious
>>
File: b8Yofm3.gif (52KB, 280x228px) Image search: [Google]
b8Yofm3.gif
52KB, 280x228px
Can non-Sidereals use astrology to predict things, with Occult or something?
>>
>>55007334
You use performance to con people.
>>
>>55007205
Keychain is deader then dead.
Secret will always be best girl
>>
File: heeheehees.gif (13KB, 371x500px) Image search: [Google]
heeheehees.gif
13KB, 371x500px
>>55007346
>>
>>55005707
anyone else notice that the 2nd from the right appears to have a massive errection?
>>
>>55007445
That's his thigh anon
>>
>>55007453
meh, funnier if it's not
>>
>>55007334
In 2e you could use thaumaturgy (rituals based on Occult, stronger than in 3e) to get readings on people, from vague to somewhat accurate.
>>
File: Kinda Looks Like a Penis.png (2MB, 1698x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Kinda Looks Like a Penis.png
2MB, 1698x1100px
>>55007453
Right next to the Infernals finger in the original image looks a lot like an erect dick.
>>
>>55007508
it really doesn't
>>
>>55007496
Damn, I was hoping for doing my own Astrologies and getting some of that sweet Starmetal.
>>
File: It really does.png (188KB, 357x339px) Image search: [Google]
It really does.png
188KB, 357x339px
>>55007517
>>
>>55007384
and it still hurts
>>
>>55007384
Honestly, why was Keychain focused on Misho when clearly Secret had a better arc?
>>
Are there other Sorcery schools other than Heptagram and in Lookshy?
>>
>>55007943
You could always go to Mahalanka and learn from Raksi. Hope you like the taste of baby, though.
>>
>>55007562
That's your brain being shit and unable to compensate for light, anon.

Or you just want a penis in your boipusi that bad.
>>
>>55007943
I think there's supposed to be one in Great Forks ran by a Lunar, described in Scavenger Sons.
>>
>>55007334
>Can non-Sidereals use astrology to predict things, with Occult or something?
Reading fates written in the Heavens can be done with the proper occult training and detailed research on the target. It's much vaguer than what a Sidereal can get, but it may still be of use.
>>
>>55007384
>>55007205
Just read Chorus of the Neverborn.
>>
>>55007943
The Lunars and the Sids are organized enough to get any student the training they need. Failing that, the White Treatise will let you self-initiate.
>>
>>55010043
Chorus of the Neverborn is something I don't enjoy but appreciate that it exists because people furiously try to deny there was a point in the gameline's life where the Deathlords were so over the top that the Silver Prince personally walking into Nexus and carving his way through an entire circle of Solars with ease didn't raise an eyebrow.
>>
>>55005639
It might just be me, but I think zeniths have the weakest anima powers overall. Most other peoples range from useful to insanely powerful with the right affects, and moreover really reinforce their roles (Save the twilight hardness one, that one is still a little confusing)
Zeniths still get an anti COD affect but it relies on all around good combat abilities. The one that makes spirits materialize seems okay but the willpower cost makes it a bit hefty to just wave around. And then there's that burial one
I've never really had a situation where people were in direct proximity to a corpose that later became an undead, so I have to assume the use is the intimacy passing on thing. I imagine its supposed to be for big dramatic emotional moments where you pass on the sorrow of some dying mother to the heartless deathknight that slaughtered her as the first step in making him question his actions, and thats incredibly interesting but seems to rely on good ST's alot.
>>
>>55010466
I guess time will tell on that. In previous editions I always thought they had a much better deal than Dawns due to the highest tier of obvious enemies being Creatures of Darkness.

If it's 90% fighting the Realm this time obviously things change.
>>
>>55006189
Don't forget Sidereal interest in keeping the Realm stable and intact.
>>
Hey guys, quick 2e question here: reeeeeee

Flashing Vengeance Draw is a permanent charm you pay 3 motes to activate at the Join Battle step. It gives your Essence in automatic successes on the Join Battle roll and if you go first, your first attack is Unexpected. I've got two questions about this.

1) Is the similar Striking Cobra Technique martial art able to also be activated and stacked with this, to ensure I act first? Would this require a combo, or could it be done without one?

2) Can I use a charm on my action at the start of the battle proper, as the Join Battle roll (and activating Flashing Vengeance Draw) is outside of combat and so not in the same action?
>>
File: 1496175892537.jpg (85KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
1496175892537.jpg
85KB, 736x736px
>>55010063
>Failing that, the White Treatise will let you self-initiate.
Tell me more
>>
File: OgPGqyq.gif (2MB, 700x714px) Image search: [Google]
OgPGqyq.gif
2MB, 700x714px
I wonder what the new names for Infernal Castes will be.
>>
>>55014223
Penumbra.
>>
File: 1322092738287_4122.jpg (16KB, 299x530px) Image search: [Google]
1322092738287_4122.jpg
16KB, 299x530px
>>55014223
>>55014251
https://twitter.com/RSVance/status/900184654019530752
>>
>>55010466
But Night's cocksleeving totemic anima banner
Also boring generic extra dice fer stelth
>>
>>55014283
>Twitter post one hour ago
>This post was an hour ago
Are you stalking Vance or do the developers actually read this thread?
>>
>>55015002
I think Minton posted a happy eclipse day to the Eclipses, Moonshadows, and Penumbras. They then later confirmed the Caste names will be getting a revamp and Penumbra is one of them.
>>
>>55007629
Because focusing on Misho's generic save the world plot made Secret's generic characterization arc more interesting.

The adventure feeds the drama.
>>
>>55015082

>They then later confirmed the Caste names will be getting a revamp

We knew this since we got an Infernal waifu.
>>
>>55015279
Didn't they get rid of her?
>>
>>55015304

Not that I've heard. I post by Vance says she's not "out of the running".
>>
Infernals are the stupidest edgiest exalts ever and the setting is better with 150 Abyssals.
>>
>>55015435
Infernals are great though. Like yeah the splat had some really dumb shit in the setting building but Infernals have some of the most interesting charms and possible character directions in 2e.
>>
>>55006093
Oh, shit! If the new Dragonblood book ever comes out I'm gonna pitch DB Hadrian. I know that Dragonblood PCs ruling satrapies in the Threshold is one of the default scenarios for them, but I hadn't thought of that exact idea before. I'll need to look at my L5R stuff, too.
>>
>>55015489
also going fast is nice
>>
>>55016286
Throw some blue sprinkles into Adorjan and you're like halfway there.
>>
>>55007334
You absolutely can. Won't be like Sidereal asrtology nor their charms, but we have every reason to believe that people in Creation still practice astrology and I presume that it is at least mildly efficacious. I use a refluffed and slightly altered Reading the Tea Leaves for most purposes, but I do have a more detailed custom fortune telling system I ginned up for more detailed diagetic information and as an oracle for generating plots. It also lets me calculate someone's lucky color for a given period, but that's neither here nor there. I've not yet devised a way to calculate lucky numbers, but I probably should.
>>
>>55007943
There have been several mentioned in previous editions. They were scattered across a lot of books, but there's a fairly comprehensive sampling in 2e's Books of Sorcery Vol. II: The White Treatise. It's safe to assume there are many more.

>>55014044
The White Treatise is a book said to be written by the first sorcerer (whoever that might be). It contains the conceptual and theoretical information to guide someone to initiation, though it is only a guide and the prospective sorcerer still has to do the actual work. The book's companion, The Black Treatise, contains actual spells. Both books used to be available for sale on appropriate markets, but they were rarish, fairly expensive, and often legally restricted.

In previous editions, it was possible to initiate under a mentor or learn from Creation itself. In 3e, the specifics of initiation are limited only by your imagination and what the Storyteller thinks is appropriate. Examples so far include making a phoenix pill, consorting with demons or the Fair Folk, pacts with elemental patrons, bearing the Eye of Agamotto like you're Doctor Strange, having a sinister grimoire that hungers for knowledge, going to a wizard school, harnessing the power of storms or ley lines, or song, and having your mind expanded by the nightmare psychadelia of the Wyld.
>>
>>55016275
I have no idea what you're saying though.
>>
>>55016644
Alright I'll check out White Treatise
>>
>>55016831
I guess that was a bit muddled. I meant Emperor Hadrian. He's considered one of the Five Good Emperors. He did a whole bunch of stuff, but he's chiefly known today for the building projects he initiated, notably the reconstruction of the Pantheon into the form we are familiar with today and his construction of permanent fortifications in the province of Britannia in what is now England. He also failed rather badly to integrate the province of Judea more fully into the Empire and is remembered quite harshly in rabbinical texts.

Now that I think of it, Hadrian himself might be a better Solar of Dragonblooded Shogun. It'd probably be more fun to play his subordinates constructing the wall or manning it decades or centuries after his rule. That's where L5R comes in.

The Kaiu Wall is much bigger and the situation far more dire than what I'd want to start with, but I feel like there could be good inspiration there.
That's the thing about this idea. When I think walls in Exalted I've always been more inclined to think of the Great Wall of China than Hadrian's Wall, but I kinda want to explore both ideas.
>>
File: Yade.jpg (683KB, 1800x1158px) Image search: [Google]
Yade.jpg
683KB, 1800x1158px
Remember when Lunars were cool?
>>
>>55017625
No I don't. Lunas have a really cool aesthetic in the wild shapeshifring barbarian hero but mechanically and thematically they've always struggled to fit them into the gameline. Lunar charms in 2e were an Eclipse Booster Pack with knacks tacked on to make it so Eclipses couldn't take literally every cool power they had. They've also struggled to keep a strong theme going. They're Conan style barbarians but are also about survival and they want to do social experiments for some reason.
>>
>>55006892
In 2e, there was an April Fools supplement about sex. One of the images showed Mnemon about to get tentacle raped by a demon she summoned.
>>
File: Joseph-McCarthy-504x400.jpg (45KB, 504x400px) Image search: [Google]
Joseph-McCarthy-504x400.jpg
45KB, 504x400px
>>55003816
So a player in the game I'm in wants to create a Twilight whose Supernal is Linguistics with the intent to write propaganda for his circle. Would Linguistic be the correct ability or would it be something else?

The intent here is to make the circle look incredibly good any the realm incredibly bad.
>>
>>55018407
Linguistics and Performance (Oratory), with a smattering of the other Social skills, some Bereaucacy for good measure.
>>
>>55018407
Who's going to read it, Realm Dragon-Blooded?
>>
File: Joseph-Goebbels.jpg (8KB, 250x335px) Image search: [Google]
Joseph-Goebbels.jpg
8KB, 250x335px
>>55018520
I am guessing that would be what is needed, yeah. He could work in tandem with our Perform (Oratory) Zenith who is advising purging all deathlords and Fae
>>
>>55018579
>purging all deathlords and Fae

That doesn't seem like especially controversial advice
>>
>>55015435
Infernals turned a lot of Abyssal fans into delusional retards who can't see how edgy for the sake of edgy their favourite splat is.
>>
>>55017625
Individual Lunars have always been cool, the problem is the the whole is less than the sum of the parts.
>>
>>55006133
I guess getting masturbated by your giant mecha could be fun
>>
>>55007136
Ugh I hate Infernals, once that book hit it was all anyone anywhere wanted to talk about. I got the book, I read it, I didn't get the hype.
>>
>>55018691
The problem with Lunars is they didn't actually give them Luna's main theme. Impossibility. Solars, like Sol himself, embody all possible perfection, so let Lunars do that too, let them be able to do things no one should be able to. Shapehifting is just an aspect of that. I'm shit at game design, but how about a charm that lets them spend WP or some shit to turn 1's in their dice pool into 10's? Fuck, SOMETHING other than shapeshifting. It's a cool gimmick but mostly pointless compared to what Solars can do.
>>
>>55019151
but anon you can't do that, because then lunars will be better than solars and nobody is allowed to shine brighter than the glorious golden suncock
>>
>>55019158
Not better, different. Just like how equaling Sol is impossible, yet Luna did.
>>
>>55019224
yeah but if solars can only do what's possible, whereas lunars can do the outright impossible too, doesn't that make them better?
>>
>>55019289
Like I said, I'm shit at game design, I have no idea how to actually do it.
>>
>>55018616

yeah, Abyssals are edgy.

2e abyssals was the book that a had a mom zombie fire a baby as its ammunition.

The baby exploded on impact

You rearmed it by feeding it more living babies.
>>
>>55019316
Was that 2e Abyssals? I thought the fetus artillery monster was 2e Underworld!book.
>>
>>55018307

Do we know what happened next?

Did she manage to "escape the grapple"?
>>
File: vaginacanon.png (124KB, 380x698px) Image search: [Google]
vaginacanon.png
124KB, 380x698px
>>55019344

Nope, it's from 2e abyssals.

Page 210.

The underworld book did have some creepy stuff though.
>>
File: gasps.jpg (38KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
gasps.jpg
38KB, 400x400px
Terrestrial
>Dragonblooded
>Liminal
>Exigent

Celestial
>Solar
>Lunar
>Sidereal
>Getiminian
>Alchemical
>Infernal
>Abyssal

Did I miss anyone?
>>
>>55019719
Empyrals
Dements
Rhapsodes
>>
>>55018574
Those who count, even among mortals.
>>
>>55019719
Niobraran. We know nothing about them but their name; that's still something.

>>55019781
What are those..?
>>
>>55019719
You forgot
>Neutronium
>>Cosmic Exalted
>>
>>55019971
Jesus fuck don't remind me
>>
>>55019971
Neutronium?
>>
File: 1469915301245.png (236KB, 950x3087px) Image search: [Google]
1469915301245.png
236KB, 950x3087px
>>55020035
>>
>>55020042
hahahaha! thanks, I needed that
>>
>>55019843
And the Spoken, also from the Niobraran. They are supposedly the chosen of a mysterious Voice deep undersea.
>>
>>55019719
Exigents go from Terrestrial to Celestial depending on the god that Exalted them.
>>
If something says Doubles 8s, does that also double 9s?
>>
>>55020660
No
>>
>>55020660
yes, it says it right in the rules of rolling and charms
>>
>>55020660
yes - page 183
"Double 8s: When this rule is in effect, a result of 8, 9, or 10 on any rolled die is counted as two successes."
>>
>>55019224
Luna for best girl?
>>
File: 1402856566783.png (980KB, 616x882px) Image search: [Google]
1402856566783.png
980KB, 616x882px
>>55021269
>Luna
>girl
>>
>>55020042

Is this what happens when the Yozis are the GM for your exalted game?
>>
>>55021374

Sometimes
>>
>>55021374
who was photo?

Autobot?
>>
>>55021485
Boipussy does not count as a girl.
>>
>>55006104
> I can't accept the premises on which the game is built because it makes me feel smart to read into fluff for logical flaws

Why do people like this even play rpgs
>>
>>55021553
In a lot of cases they don't.
A lot of people who are really vocal about how Exalted should be don't appear to play it at all.
>>
>>55021374
Who?
>>
>>55021646
The Incarnae and Gaia?
>>
>>55021654
Ah
>>
>>55015435

Infernals and Abyssals in 2e had great symmetry as these very different tarnished mirrors of solars.

The Abyssals had their own crazy themes with oblivion and necrofeudalism and being knights in this vast nation of death, but then their powers were simply a spiteful twist of solar Charms, literally called mirror charms even.

Infernals had a spiteful twist on solar themes. "you are the unjustly cast down princes of the earth, as we are the unjustly cast down lords of heaven. Go and reclaim what is ours." But then their powers are completely crazy slivers of mad titans that they've welcomed into thirs souls which turn their blood into brass, or make their limbs modular, or stop them from ever shitting again, or turn them into wounds in reality.

I don't know if having this duality in the 'evil solar' splats was intentional, (and the broken winged crane completely fucking it up suggests that it wasnt), but i thought it was neat. More interesting than having one splat that was spiteful solar themes plus spiteful solar power. A villain splat has to bring originality somewhere, or else their book is nothing but permission to be an asshole, which we already have.
>>
>>55003866
While most marriages are political, there is a good chance that a dynast can talk their family into a potential match if they're smart and there's potential gain.

Marrying a peasant probably won't fly but marrying a lost egg or fellow dynast can work so long as they aren't enemies of the House. Marriage might be a political tool but having more DB children is always priority #1.
>>
>>55022329

The realm permits line-terminating homosexual marriages. I don't see why they wouldn't allow you to marry a commoner, who at least can give the family non-ideal descendants.
>>
>>55022782
>The realm permits line-terminating homosexual marriages.
Implying they won't have out of marriage brats
>>
>>55022828

If that excuse is good enough for gays, it's good enough for someone in love with their butler.
>>
In previous editions what generally happened if you married someone you weren't supposed to was that your stipend got cut if not outright suspended. If you produced Dragon-Blooded children they'd restore it along with back payments.
>>
>>55022782
>The realm permits line-terminating homosexual marriages.
There's actually no evidence of that being the case. It's more likely that the Dynasty grudgingly permits homosexual marriage if the couple is willing and able to get up to shenanigans to procreate anyways.

>>55022828
This seems unlikely, though, considerint Dynasts' general attitude towards bastards.
>>
>>55023284
Actually one of the writers, Lea, said they permit it because it would "feel mean" not to allow it because of RL stuff. You're free to make your own judgement as to whether that is a good idea or not.
>>
>>55019387
>Do we know what happened next?

She got tentacle raped.
>>
>>55023352
That's retarded
>>
>>55019843
what indeed?
>>
>>55021553
>>55021645

Because a game should at least follow it's own internal logic. A DB, no matter how powerful, who was as high of a profile of a threat as her, should've been splattered long ago by pretty much anything else, given they're at the bottom of a very big totem pole of magical bullshittery.

Same reason why "hurr da guild is only all humans" never worked out right, because they'd get mindraped by literally anything.
>>
>>55023352
>Actually one of the writers, Lea, said they permit it because it would "feel mean" not to allow it because of RL stuff.
That is an out of setting reason. Lea also said that factors discouraging gay marriages still exist, but that compared to all the other shit going on in the world a your grandson wanting to marry another guy might be something you're better off accepting as long as that means he stays loyal to the House and hires a sorcerer to summon a neomah or whatever to produce his share of children.
>>
>>55023352
>>55023400
"So gay marriage in the Dynasty in 3e is no longer just not a thing. All the factors motivating its discouragement are still around -- the Realm's interest in strong inheritence tracking and precise lineage records, its distrust of sorcerers and demons, the unreliability of sorcerous workings -- but they also exist in the context of a world that's been run by god- and element-chosen heroes shaping the world according to their epic passions since the dawn of history. When your best friend in secondary school now wields an ancestral heirloom daiklave that was famously forged during the Shogunate because of its creator's anger that arranged marriage prevented her from being with her chosen wife, and its use in pursuit of that grievance lead to the extinction of three family lines, the death of a regional daimyo, a volcanic eruption, and a tsunami that reshaped the coastline in ways you can still see centuries later when you visit your summer home, grandkids via demon midwife are still not what you want, but they don't look so much like the end of the world. "

Here's the quote I was thinking about. Gay marriage may be a thing now, but it isn't a common or uncomplicated thing, and it doesn't release anyone from their duty to see to the continuation of the Dynasty.

>>55023399
Insofar as the game has failed to follow its own internal logic, it's in the mechanical representation of various kinds of Exalts. Not in the fluff. Also the Guild isn't all mortals. Read the books at some point, maybe?
>>
>>55023399
so Exalted is just a thing you get angry and out sperg at?
>>
>>55023472

Being able to point out flaws in things and being able to enjoy things are not mutually exclusive, anon. Maybe if you're retarded, they are. But for most people, you can dislike some things about something and still enjoy it.

>>55023471
>Also the Guild isn't all mortals. Read the books at some point, maybe?

Maybe you should. At one point, they were described as an entirely mortal organization. Some people still hold that up, despite it being retarded to.
>>
>>55023550
I honestly want to know how you can say you enjoy things when you are playing a game that is FUCKING IMAGINARY and can't justify _for_ the elements of a fantasy made up world rather than against them. That is a choice YOU make. This is all made up shit.
>>
>>55023550
No. I'm just wondering why you specifically replied to my post about how a lot of the game's more vocal critics don't play it.
>>
>>55023399
Huh. Its almost as if all the Sidereals in the Bronze faction were not attempting to protect her and she kept the rest of the Dragonblooded to her loyal by making them hate each other then they hate her. The same group that killed every single Solar in the setting. And its not like a single Lunar could take her in single combat easily. She is far more powerful then any other Dragonblooded due to Sidereal influence with the Loom. She is also ancient compared to most things in the setting. The only thing older are some Lunars who know better then try and sneak into a den of Dragonblooded if they want to survive.
>>
>>55023550
>Maybe you should. At one point, they were described as an entirely mortal organization. Some people still hold that up, despite it being retarded to.
At what point? In 1E, there was a Dragon-Blooded and a god among the Guild's hierarchs. In 2E situation was the same.
>>
>>55023640
>and she kept the rest of the Dragonblooded to her loyal by making them hate each other then they hate her
Also by offering them what was actually a pretty sweet deal as long as they behaved themselves. Share of the riches the Realm gathers from the Threshold, highest positions in the Thousand Scales, all that. The Empress wasn't all about the stick, she knew the value of carrot as well.
>>
>>55023471
>Neomah children.

Not that shit again. Please.

Neomahs are a big plothole of the setting. In an universe where every DB matters, and the number of DB don't meaningfully augment with time, with eugenic programs and all that, no one thought about summoning the demon that makes easy, instant children to make a bunch of DB children? Is that rational? Is that logical? Hell, no.

DB's breeding farms don't work in setting, it's a stupid idea. Neomah's breeding farms? Yes.

All the arguments against are ad-hoc, like 'no one wants too many DBs' (guess again moron), or 'no one uses Neomah for that' (guess again dumbass). It's a design issue. Deal with it.

And now we have one moron that says 'gay marriage, sure, let's take a FUCKING NEOMAH'.
>>
File: EarthAspect6.jpg (148KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
EarthAspect6.jpg
148KB, 1000x707px
>>55024019
>DB's breeding farms don't work in setting, it's a stupid idea.

Don't tell them that, how else am I suppose to enslave them to my dick?
>>
>>55024019
Neomah aren't exactly a core point, here. Maybe there are issues with their powers. Maybe these issues should be fixed. After these issues are fixed, the rest of what was said remains unchanged.
>>
>>55023471

No doubt a raging out exalt could make gay marriage a political reality, but i still finfmd it jarring that someone wanted to in the context of the realm. "Marriage is about politic, power, and wealth" isn't just a throwaway like to justify opposition to a romance. That shit is really what it was anout. The evolution into our modern conception of it being about living somebody was a long bloody slog, and gay marriage isn't really a coheren't idea until the end of it.
I suppose the existence of neomah could radically change that. It's not like a basic bitch demon summoning is out of the question for even lowly dynasty. But then how the hell are the "factors discouraging" It still in place? Is it just ambiguity about which house the couple is becoming part of? Seems like that would be trivial to include in the contract.

It just doesn't scan imo, but it's hardly the most irritating thing in the setting I mentally handwave as being how it is just because. We're here to tell stories about transcendent god kings, not craft 100% believable background props for them to slap around.
>>
>>55023399
>at the bottom of a very big totem

It's a lot shorter in 3e.
>>
>>55024019
>no one wants too many DBs

This isn't exactly true. The Realm doesn't want too many DBs. It is a stated goal throughout books when talking about the Realm that they are trying to foster an elite class of spiritually enlightened, educated individuals who have high amounts of self-control.

If the Realm wanted a ton of DBs they very well could have, this is mentioned in the books. Instead they give every single kid they have the equivalent of the best private schooling money can buy and then if they Exalt they get additional schooling that would make Ivy League colleges look cheap in comparison. Most parents don't want a shit ton of kids because they can't afford it. Marriages are only annulled if the couple doesn't have a kid for 50 years, this doesn't reflect a culture that wants you to pump out kids as fast as Dragonbloodedly possible.
>>
>>55024204
>It's a lot shorter in 3e.

We don't really know that beyond promises from 2 devs that are now gone, who also were infamous for being lying fucks. We'll see when the actual DB book and Celestial books come out, 20 years from now.
>>
>>55024383
New devs are on track for speed though. The hold up is Rich being retarded. We have been waiting longer for art then we have for text at this point.
>>
>>55024347
>Marriages are only annulled if the couple doesn't have a kid for 50 years, this doesn't reflect a culture that wants you to pump out kids as fast as Dragonbloodedly possible.

To be fair, there were also rumblings in the older books that people knew popping out too many kids would have bad side effects for the mother, so they tried to space out dropping kids out of them.
>>
>>55024347
The cost of rearing Dragon-Blooded aside, too many elemental supermen are just more trouble than they're worth. Each of the has ego and ambition, most of them want their own piece of the wealth and power of the Dynasty, and if there were too many of them, there just wouldn't be enough wealth and power to share to keep them content. Having as many Dragon-Blooded as possible isn't desirable, having more Dragon-Blooded than anyone else is.
>>
File: AirAspect11.jpg (247KB, 751x1063px) Image search: [Google]
AirAspect11.jpg
247KB, 751x1063px
>>55024399
>We have been waiting longer for art then we have for text at this point.

I don't know whats worse, this, or the fact it'll probably be ugly as Hell. The core book art was damn near unuseable for what I'd consider a game of Exalted, and thats even before we got to the outright stolen works or the incredibly shitty Blender (was it Blender?) "art".

If I want art in Exalted at this point I'm better off just relying on my own cache of stuff I deem to fit it.
>>
>>55024404
The absolute minimum safe gap between children is 5 years, and even that can wear on the mother.

>>55024416
Absolutely, the Realm wants a decent amount of educated, even-tempered (relatively) Dragonblooded, not a shit ton of Dragonblooded who barely know how to read.

Lookshy on the other hand has a distinct quantity over quality goal when it comes to their Dragonblooded population so I could see neomah being much more present over there.
>>
>>55024404

Magical side effects, or just the mundane ones like women IRL get? Because I feel like a dragon blooded constitution should probably shrug off the mundane stuff pretty handily, unless they're just a hyper focused social tank or something.
>>
File: BloodyDawn.jpg (159KB, 564x1002px) Image search: [Google]
BloodyDawn.jpg
159KB, 564x1002px
>>55024453

Something something will kill and/or prematurely age you style side effects. It wasn't really gone into too much detail, it was more a thowaway explanation of why they're all not just shitting out children like a baby factory.
>>
>>55024448
>Lookshy on the other hand has a distinct quantity over quality goal when it comes to their Dragonblooded population so I could see neomah being much more present over there.
On the other hand, people, especially people influenced by some variant of the Immaculate Faith, tend to distrust and dislike demons. Such partially religious sentiments are something that matter and affect people's behavior, even when they're opposed by purely pragmatic considerations. Letting a demon make your child shouldn't and wouldn't be a trivial, easily accepted thing for most Dragon-Blooded.
>>
>>55024453
The idea is since DBs have extended lifespans certain biological processes also take a bit longer to go through so it takes about 5 years before you can safely have another kid. Now, 5 years is the minimum safe gap for consistently having children. I'm sure some DBs pop out two kids maybe 4 years apart and don't really suffer any consequences, but if a DB mother is constantly having kids less than 5 years apart the mother starts to suffer consequences to her health and the baby has a higher chance of dying during childbirth.

Just doing a quick Google search shows health experts suggest 18 months between pregnancies for us human people to prevent low child weight and pregnancy complications. So 18 months scaled up to a DB's lifespan would be about 5 years.
>>
>>55024642

Alright, that makes a certain amount of sense I suppose
>>
>>55019151
The problem is that "impossibility", like "shapeshifting", covers almost literally every superpower. "It's impossible, but my power is to do the impossible" is about as broad a concept as "I can do it by shapeshifting into something that does it". You've got to be more specific with what sort of "impossible" feats are in the themes of Lunars specifically, or it might as well not be a theme at all.
>>
Is there a process to awaken someone's Essence, making them Heroic Mortals?
Terrestrial Sorcerous Working?
>>
>>55025531
No. You can make mortals into elementals or gods though. But mortals can't have essence pools.
>>
>>55025531
>Heroic Mortals

In 2e there are several. In 3e heroic mortals are no longer a thing.
>>
>>55025531
Heroic Mortals aren't a uniform thing, but Profphet-Uplifting Evocation gives them a mote pool and a free charm to defend principles.

You can make someone a sorcerer, giving them powers and the ability to cast spells.

Or you can use Workings to give them mutations and super powers, which I suppose could include a mote pool
>>
>>55024347
>The Realm doesn't want too many DBs.

But it wants MORE DBs.

It wants something like 50,000 DBs, that'd be good, or even 100,000 DBs, that'd be great.

The argument of 'the Realm doesn't want more DB' is incredibly flawed. The Realm, indeed, doesn't want 1 million DBs. They'd prefer something like one hundred thousand, you know?

A DB is pretty much a super-weapon. No Houses ever thought about mass producing them, when there is a cheap way to do so? Are you serious? All the houses pretty much thought simultaneously 'yep, 10,000 thousand DBs for the realm, that's enough, don't want more?'.

This is a flimsy justification, and you know it.
>>
File: master of expression.jpg (504KB, 2500x1745px) Image search: [Google]
master of expression.jpg
504KB, 2500x1745px
How do I, as an artistically-inclined Zenith, reach the most people possible through my artistic works?
>>
>>55024437

there was a good art thread in last few weeks

https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/54760362/#54760362
>>
File: Solar16.jpg (495KB, 850x601px) Image search: [Google]
Solar16.jpg
495KB, 850x601px
>>55025924

By murdering those that disagree with your ideology and using their blood as paint.
>>
File: Dynasty Population.png (32KB, 1103x603px) Image search: [Google]
Dynasty Population.png
32KB, 1103x603px
>>55025896
Of course it wants more DBs, but it doesn't want more DBs than it can keep a handle on. I don't believe it has been stated anywhere in the texts that the Realm has stayed at ~10,000 DBs for the entirety of their existence, that's just how many they have around RY 760. The Realm by all accounts is still growing just at a measured pace they can control.

It's repeated multiple times in the books, they want educated, spiritually enlightened DBs who believe deeply in the Realm and what it can provide for them. They need every DB to buy into the Realm as an idea otherwise you get more Lookshy situations. They do this by making sure they have enough wealth and power to spread around. Sure, they could shit out DBs every 5 years but then what happens to the 20th son or daughter who doesn't have anything to inherit and no place to go? What happens to all those 20th sons and daughters who then get disenfranchised and decides the Realm can go fuck itself? That leads to rebellion which is something the Realm definitely does not want.

I've actually been tinkering with Realm Dynast populations here for a while now for an upcoming game that will heavily involve the Great Houses and the Dynasty in general and this is what I've put together for the Dynasty's population over the course of the Realm's history. So over the course of the Realm's life the DB population has grown from around 4k to a little over 10k.
>>
Hey, /exg/! What's the analog of ancient Greece in Creation?
>>
>>55027037
Near South is Mediterranean
>>
>>55025586
>In 2e there are several. In 3e heroic mortals are no longer a thing.
That's not very fun. Heroic Mortals were agreat way to separate out your Heroes of a Smaller Story. The Exalted change Creation, Heroes change their cities.
>>
>>55026516
Serious question: How can you even be comfortable extrapolating data from numbers that are just made up to "sound right" in an rpg book when it's more or less just fluff.

What are you even hoping to gain by performing statistical analysis on numbers never meant for pinpoint accuracy?
>>
>>55027088
Make them sorcerers, but limit the spells they can access. Sorcerous merits replace charms.

So a water god can give priests sorcery but they can only learn water-related spells,. but in exchange get merits that allow them to use sorcerous motes to breathe underwater, speak to fish and purify rivers and such.
>>
>>55027088

With the flattened powercurve pushing exalted down from cosmic level stories to region level stories, that tier in between mortals and exalted isn't needed.

Just me make an exigent.
>>
>>55027101
Well this is all part of other questions I'm trying to answer and the general guidelines I've been using is to take the numbers that have been provided that are meant merely to create the world the writers wanted then fill in the gaps for the numbers that aren't there.

And honestly, most of the time things have been close enough where I didn't have to change it too much. In the case of the Realm Dynast population I was trying to figure out the rough Exaltation rate within the Realm. How many kids would have to Exalt to create the population curve that ended in ~10,000 DBs by RY 760. One of the big numbers in this case was the child gap, which has been said to be 12 years between children as the Realm average. Another big number was death rates, which we only have two big values, only 1/2 of DBs make it to retirement and only 1/3 die of natural causes. Using these as guidelines I then set up some decade simulations and tinkered with the values until I got something that ended up with around 10,000 DBs and made sense.
>>
>>55027355
In this case the Realm started with ~4,000 DBs and ~15,000 Mortals with some amount of DB blood for the Dynasty.

A 40% Exaltation rate among DB+DB marriages.
A 20% Exaltation rate among DB+Mortal marriages.
A 2% Exaltation rate among Mortal+Mortal marriages.

These are all averages of course.

70% of DBs of child bearing age are actually married and producing kids. Accounting for long term betrothals and remarrying after the death of a spouse.
Of those, 80% marry DBs, while 20% marry mortals. Lower Breeding DBs marrying mortals is not uncommon with Nellens being the poster child for such practices.
Among those, there is a 12 year gap between having children. The aforementioned Realm average for childbirth.

85% of mortals of child bearing age are married and producing kids. Less time for courtship along with smaller importance of marriages leads to much more mortals being married and having kids.
The remaining mortals that don't marry DBs marry mortals.
Among mortal+mortal pairings there is a 10 year gap between having children to account for smaller lifespans but also less wealth.

This leads to a population of ~11,000 DBs and ~40,000 unExalted Dynasts which is around the ratio that the devs have mentioned. None of these numbers involved in this seem wrong, all of them seem pretty reasonable and they give me an actual number I can refer to instead of having to make one up on the spot.
>>
>>55027390
This is all just setup for the actual problem I'm trying to solve which is actually creating a decent method of inheritance for Terrestrial Breeding since the one in 2e is woefully inadequate for such a task. Now that I have filled in some of the gaps I know what I need to shoot for. I need a system that when starting with ~4000 DBs will end up with ~11000 at the end of it. Along with those 11000 having the rough Exaltation rates that I've determined would lead to such a growth.

So if the system ends up with a ton of people at what would be Breeding 5 I know that the system is flawed and some part of it needs to be rethought. Likewise if the Terrestrial bloodline dies out after 3 generations I know something needs to be addressed. So with these numbers as a guideline I can create a system that will generate the world that the writers felt was correct, I don't want a system that creates the Tippyverse of Exalted but one that actually ends up with something resembling Creation and the Realm as put forth in the books.

Much more difficult than just throwing a system together whole cloth but much more satisfying to me at least. The system isn't even the final, final goal. I just want to make it so I can generate a couple of the Great Houses bloodlines and all to use in a realpolitik DB game I plan on running in the coming months.
>>
>>55005880
There was an NPC in our game that was a Dragonblooded that got permanently fused to her red jade warstrider when she got caught in a Wyld zone for a few months.
>>
>>55027540

Well there is nothing wrong with higher childbirth rates and higher Breeding.

Realm existed for 700 years. There were more Great Houses in existence before the game start. I think there was around 20. Also they are a warrior culture and that explains mortality rate. They went against Lookshy, twice in the past I think, and lost. There are many expeditions of Wyld Hunt. Lunars and Fair Folk aren't easy pickings.
>>
>>55027757
Oh part of the population growth is death rates, in fact I think I have it that only around 60% of DBs make it to 100, their first century is fraught with tons of dangers like you named coupled with the bravdo of youth and lack of the tools and experience of their elders. Lots of DBs die between 20 and 100.

I would like to go back and modulate things per decade instead of overall since there were periods of serious unrest followed by a long peace, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

As for the higher Breeding I was saying a system that when implemented says the Realm should have all Breeding 5 people is obviously wrong because the books says Breeding 5 is rare even in the Realm, most DBs have something like Breeding 3. In such a case I would need to change some things up, even small changes can have a huge impact over 760 years, and not all of them obvious. So I'll be setting up the system, simulating out the centuries and seeing how it ends up.
>>
>>55027390
>A 40% Exaltation rate among DB+DB marriages

Literally doesn't happen. It's a straight d10 roll to determine if a kid Exalt's, with a tiny bonus (no more than +2 to the roll) from Breeding, from previous editions. At the very best, you'll end up with like a 30% rate, if that.
>>
>>55028037
He says he's trying to set up a better breeding system given the DB numbers.
>>
>>55027872
>most DBs have something like Breeding 3

The average for the Realm is probably 2. Some might sway more towards 3 at best. Theres almost no one around with a 5.

Everywhere else is probably an average of 1 to 0.
>>
>>55028037
Nope, from 2e the average they used was DB parents each were Breeding 3 giving a 60% chance to Exalt. This was pretty bad and I couldn't make a reasonable growth rate with such a high percentage so I messed around with it and 40% came out as a decent number. Which leads to 20% DB+Mortal and 2% Mortal+Mortal. Though I expect certain mortal lines will have a decently higher percentage while others might not produce a DB for generations which would lead to the average of 2%.

>>55028074
Breeding 3 was considered the average within the Realm, which is another case of the Storyteller system kind of requiring points to be spent. Strength 3 is a bit above average but you start at 1 so you have to put 2 dots into it to get to "normal" Strength. Much the same way almost every Dynast PC should have Breeding 3 in 2e.
>>
>>55028037

d10 roll

Dynast mortal gives you +1
Dragonblooded givey you +3
Breeding 4 gives +1
Breeding 5 gives +2

So a child from 2 dynast mortals will exalt on 1-2 rolls on d10
1-4 for dynast mortal and dragonblooded
1-6 for 2 dragonblooded.
Child will exalt if both parents are Breeding 5 and has 1-9 chance if parents are breeding 4 and breeding 5 respectively.

They forgot to write this in a book and was put into errata
>>
>>55027088
>That's not very fun. Heroic Mortals were agreat way to separate out your Heroes of a Smaller Story. The Exalted change Creation, Heroes change their cities.
So go play a game of mortal heroes doing heroic things. You don't need a System Term to be a hero.
>>
>>55030435
This. Mortal PCs are still heroes, it's just the specific term "Heroic Mortal" isn't around anymore.
>>
>>55019843
Dements and Rhapsodes are the names given for the Infernal Castes based on Oramus and Elloge in Gunstar Autochthonia.
>>
>>55023399
See:
>>55012958
>>
>>55026073
It worked for Confucius.
>>
>>55020042
Reminds me a little of when we had a 2nd edition First Age game where the antagonists were a bunch of Darkbrood based on the Yuuzhan Vong the more essence you threw at them the more they could shut down your charms.
>>
>>55031239
Technically there they're Titanics rather than Infernals.
>>
>>55033253
Well Shards did crash and sink
>>
>>55030805
Alright then, thanks
>>
>>55028270
>Strength 3 is a bit above average but you start at 1 so you have to put 2 dots into it to get to "normal" Strength.
Except Strength 2 is a bit above average, and 3 much above average.
>>
What happens to an unwoven coadjutor when an Infernal dies? Does it hand on to the soul until it gets scraped off in lethe? It an infernal became a ghost would the ghost still have a coadjutor?
>>
>>55034248
Ah, so it is, I don't know why I thought it was 3, really no excuse there. Regardless, the point still stands you have to invest at least one dot to be considered normal in an attribute which is something I've always disliked.
>>
>>55034322
It die too. Dead rip.
>>
>No Exaltation shards, UCS chooses his Solars, as do Luna, the 5 Maidens and everyone else. Lytek doesn't have any say on who gets Chosen
Wait what
>>
File: lainpoke.png (93KB, 614x600px) Image search: [Google]
lainpoke.png
93KB, 614x600px
>>55035227
You piece of shit look what you did.
>>
>>55023400

There are some other ways to make children, but it isn't exactly easy on a mass scale.

Let's take "Akshata Sexual Methodology" for instance.
It is a raksha charm that allows any 2 people to make a child instantly (if you take errata into account).

It would allow 2 female (or 2 male) dragonblooded to have a kid spontaneously appear. (the charm takes 5 ticks).

There are problems with it though:
You need to have a essence 4 raksha to be able to do this.
Both the parents have to swear some kind of oath (and they are bound by it like a fair folk) as long as the child lives.
The child is also bound by an oath in the same manner (the oaths can all be different)

A person can only serve as a "parent" for this charm once a year.

A possible upside or downside is that the child is born with the Cup, Ring, Staff, and sword graces.
>>
>>55035448
Also now you have a raksha-made child as the heir in a Great House, which is never a bad idea that could ever backfire.
>>
>>55035227
Oh so Jade Prison wasn't a thing?
Instead UCS said "fuck those guys in particular", turned his back on Creation, and let the Solars live and get murdered, then just didn't make any more until now?
>>
>>55035521
>and now you have an entire state religion run by some guys you literally cannot remember, what could go wrong?
>and now you literally set your own society against itself, what could go wrong?
>and now your dudes developed an AI, what could go wrong?

Etc etc. The Dynasty is literally founded on terrible, terrible ideas. Like most places in the game. Have fun with it, Anon.
>>
>>55035557
>Most of the Solars were murdered and their Essences sealed away in a jade prison—for such was their power that they could reincarnate upon death. But some escaped this initial ambush, and in the decades that followed the survivors waged terrible wars against the host of the usurpers. During that time, much of the magic of the First Age was lost—expended or destroyed in cataclysmic acts of revenge. In time, the last of the Solars were hunted down and killed, and with them died the First Age.
RTFM
>>
>>55019719
>Terrestrial
>>Dragonblooded
>>Liminal
>>Exigent
But only DB are Terrestrial, others are of comparable power but not Terrestrial even if some Exigents and maybe Liminal are powered by probably Terrestrial gods
>>
>>55036372
Yeah sure that makes sense
>>
So how about them Warstriders huh?
That -4 to hit sure is shit, ain't it?
Something something gobble gobble
>>
File: 1487649689695.jpg (190KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487649689695.jpg
190KB, 720x480px
How did your Circle meet/come together?
>>
>>55035521

Exactly, think of all the possibilities.

Even if the oaths sworn are not that cumbersome, there is always other problems that could arise.

Why don't you think of some?
>>
/exg/! Don’t you think shields suck balls? They just look useless to me. What to you think if we give them 2 Defense instead of 1? Too much?
>>
>>55037877
they're decent enough with a light weapon or a lance from horseback, main thing I'm concerned about is Thunderbolt Shields.
>>
>>55038014
That's the point. What's the point of a shield for a mortal infantryman? I know that Exalted is all about style. But mechanically an army using shields is just some additional money that was wasted on their equipment. And a heavy shield actually reduces your defense, for Sol’s sake.
>>
Also, what do you think about letting people flurry attacks with full defense while holding a shield? Maybe at a -5 or -6 penalty instead of -3?
>>
>>55038142
thinking about how cost effective it is to equip an army in the context of the combat system is a losing proposition, that's like wondering why people use swords in 40k
>>
>>55038684
Because it's cheap, and you can't use your longarm in close combat?

I nkow that rule of cool is a thing. But in Dark Heresy, for example, said swords are useful. As opposed to shields in Exalted.
>>
>>55038142
>And a heavy shield actually reduces your defense, for Sol’s sake.
Makes me think heavy shields should be allowed as light cover or something honestly.
>>
>>55037877
They do suck. My experience is giving them 2 Defense flatly is a mistake. My compromise was a special combat action where they pay 2i and gain +1 Def until their turn refreshes. It represents the cost of paying close attention to blocking and defending. Worked alright, but there are sure to be better solutions.
>>
So I'm making a Supernal Survival dude, and does Saga Beast Virtue give three dots of mutations, or any three mutations, dot ratings be damned?
>>
>>55039168
Full defense is still better than that, though.
>>
>>55010466
A friend told me the Twilight Hardness thing was to not render a caster completely helpless when shaping sorcery.

I personally like the zenith send the dead to lethe power, but my group uses it often, and if we don't do proper burials after slaughtering a group of people, they tend to return as hungry ghosts and shit.

I find the night's "add die to stealth rolls" and the twilight "roll occult to get a pet" generally worse, because they suppose the night caste got stealth skills and the twilight got occult, which would have been a fair assumption in 2e, but since you can choose amongst more skills in 3e, it's not as true anymore.

>>55013612
AFAIK, you can use both SCT and FVD to enhance a Join Battle, it wouldn't require a combo since FVD is permanent. Then, once you've won JB, you can still use charms on your first attack, since your attack roll is different from the jb roll.
>>
>>55038142
Sticking the shield tag on a heavy weapon and calling it a heavy shield is a pretty dumb way to handle them.
>>
>>55019409
The Underworld has a labyrinth monster that's a mother with a baby still linked to her through an umbilical cord.
>>
>>55039894
>you can use both SCT and FVD to enhance a Join Battle, it wouldn't require a combo since FVD is permanent.
Thanks, still getting the hang of how all the various timings interact for combos.
>>
>>55039168
Don't shields allow you to flurry a full defense already?
>>
>>55040145
The times you'd want to flurry a full defense are incredibly rare.
>>
>>55039232
Any 3 mutations
>>
File: 1487692645777.png (105KB, 450x540px) Image search: [Google]
1487692645777.png
105KB, 450x540px
How do you role play the Intimacy gaining from corpses as Zenith?
>>
>>55037336
>How did your Circle meet/come together?

Orgy.
>>
>>55040646
It's usually that or masturbating in a Circle
>>
>>55040383
For me it's a great way to be a holy priest and help the dead resolve unfinished business, whether that's comforting their loved ones, or going up to a murderer and telling them that this is the result of their actions.
>>
>>55040667
everyone loves a good circlejerk
>>
>>55040383
Half-heard whispers pointing you in the right direction

At midday the Zenith can flare his anima for free for a moment, and he and everyone else can see the faces of those he's taken on in the swirling light.
>>
>>55040682
It's all fun and games until you exalt from masturbating so hard.
>>
>>55040673
Yeah but how do you rp the intimacies/gaining/having them/stuff about them, like >>55040709 this guy
>>
>>55040145
Could be, but it's been awhile since I had anyone with a shield. Happened in the first game I ran and nobody has been interested in them since. Probably because they suck and are difficult to fix.
>>
Pft fuck shields
>>
>>55038142
I'd abstract them into a better soak rating for a Battle Group.
>>
>>55040845
Anon, how do you know my Chosen of Serenity's backstory? Have you been spying on me?
>>
>>55042122
Chosen of secrets.It's a secret to everybody.
>>
What if shields increased the Full Defense bonus to 3? That would make them better at what they do without messing with standard combat numbers.

I have practically no experience with third edition, though. I''m not sure how combat usually plays out or how often that action is used.
>>
So I've heard that 1E Sol Invictus is basically Lucifer crossed with Zeus and the Ebon Dragon revelled in doom, can anyone teach me a little about the other incarnae, autochthon, gaia, or the yozi?
>>
>>55042389
1e Autochthonians has a possible scenario where Autochthonian wakes up and creates the Exalted of humanity the Heroic Exalted.

It's one of those things that you can sort of see where the Cosmic Exalted came from.
>>
File: Autochthon.jpg (60KB, 421x412px) Image search: [Google]
Autochthon.jpg
60KB, 421x412px
>>55042389
>>
Also Yugash were basically the fucking Decepticons in that book
>>
>>55042538
Do they have a Starscream? Starscream is mandatory.
>>
File: tumblr_orr7fecGgu1uxvq3po1_1280.jpg (323KB, 1277x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_orr7fecGgu1uxvq3po1_1280.jpg
323KB, 1277x1920px
>>55042465
>>
>>55042660
kinda, they got Meticulous Owl as their guide
>>
>>55042962
>Manipulation 0
>Throw 5
I approve of this little girls build
>>
>>55042138
Fuckin' 'ell Harold, stop tellin' everyone 'bout who we bloody work for!
>>
>>55042389
>So I've heard that 1E Sol Invictus is basically Lucifer crossed with Zeus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sol_Invictus
>>
File: Do The Monkey With Me.png (430KB, 725x503px) Image search: [Google]
Do The Monkey With Me.png
430KB, 725x503px
>>55043491
>>
>>55044553

Unconquered Johnny Bravo is a fucking hilarious idea to me, but I'm not fully sure why. Just the idea of him being the embodiment of persistent, sustained perfection is brilliant? And why has he never left the Jade Pleasure Dome? Becuase he's hitting on the other Celestials, of course!
>>
So is the brass leviathan still swimming somewhere around in the western ocean harassing realm ships like it was in 1e? And if so what sort of praise would a DB get for bringing it down?
>>
>>55044883
It might make you prominent and powerful enough that the older Dragonbloods invite you to their secret cool kid clubs.
>>
Arms when?
>>
>>55047919
never ever
>>
File: 1499385234883.jpg (145KB, 1000x815px) Image search: [Google]
1499385234883.jpg
145KB, 1000x815px
>>55047919
I dunno but I'll trade shinies for it.
>>
>>55047919
hopefully next month.
>>
>>55047919

Now!
>>
>>55043406
Yandere-chan thanks you for your compliment
>>
Zenith with Craft, Twilight playing Zenith, or Eclipse trying to be both of them?
The other two in Circle are Night and Dawn.
>>
>>55050251

Is this a character you're thinking of creating? Craft tends to be an ""All or Nothing" ability. If it's not your Supernal, you could probably pass on it.

Zeniths share Lore and Integrity with Twilights, Eclipses share Occult, Bureaucracy and Linguistics.
>>
Any good suggestions or resources for running Exalted aside from the first party books?
>>
>>55051163
A table and some chairs are a plus. In my experience running water also helps. The other day we had potato chips and it seems to have worked.
>>
>>55051163

Don't worry too much about trying to get challenges spot on the first session or two. Every group is different because the game is pretty variable due to it not really being a balanced or codified system, so you might end up with a party of limp wristed socialites, or a party of armed to the teeth killmasters who would lose a verbal fight with a 3 year old.
>>
File: 1493403320980.jpg (102KB, 600x636px) Image search: [Google]
1493403320980.jpg
102KB, 600x636px
>>55050713
I was thinking of
Zenith
Caste: Resistance, Perform, Presence, Lore, Integrity (Supernal)
Favourite: Athletics, Awareness, Brawl, Occult, Craft

Twilight
Caste: Bureaucracy, Craft, Occult, Lore, Integrity (Supernal)
Favourite: Athletics, Awareness, Brawl, Resistance, Performance

Eclipse
Caste: Socialise, Presence, Occult, Linguistics, Bureaucracy (Supernal)
Favourite: Archery, Awareness, Dodge, Integrity, Craft
>>
>>55042174
I'm a fan of shields but the tag seems okay as it is for 3e combat. You could probably easily just make it that they count as mirroring your other weapon to give it the +2 to Clashes to represent binding/parrying with it.
>>
Could Solar 3 working heal Autochthon?
>>
>>55052685
I don't mind mundane shields being what they are currently in 3e but I hope Arms gives us artifact shields with a slightly more potent benefit.
>>
>>55052720
No
>>
>>55052720
need the eye or better.
>>
>>55052465

WHere is that from?
>>
>>55055861
Mahou Sensei Negima
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.