[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'Punk games and their systems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1478216787968.jpg (130KB, 965x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1478216787968.jpg
130KB, 965x1200px
Hey /tg/ let's discuss the 'punk genres and the best systems for each. Cyber punk, steam punk, diesel punk and any other 'punks you can think of.

My personal favorite is diesel punk but I've only found 1 system that is specifically made for it, akyro diesel age and the system is only ok. Anyone know anything that would run good diesel punk games?
>>
File: 1380946795780.jpg (43KB, 307x309px) Image search: [Google]
1380946795780.jpg
43KB, 307x309px
>>
>>54999167
I've looked at GURPS and I do understand why everyone shills it so hard. Just a personal preference of mine but I believe a master of one is better than a jack of all, I like my systems specific and made for a single purpose/setting/style.
>>
File: hero6th.jpg (45KB, 495x318px) Image search: [Google]
hero6th.jpg
45KB, 495x318px
Been doing Cyberpunk, Steampunk and Magepunk for decades with this and it's predecessors. Now that I have Golden Age, I can do Dieselpunk.
>>
>>54999167
>Just fucking build it entirely yourself.
Aren't you helpful?
>>
>>54999966
GURPS' sole strongpoint is that they have a sourcebook for every conceivable thing under the sun.
>>
File: 1462927050169.jpg (113KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
1462927050169.jpg
113KB, 960x544px
>>55000021
And they're all pretty lackluster
>>
OP here, been doing lots a digging since I made this thread.

Anyone got a pdf of one of the versions of Age of Steel? The author isn't doing playtesting right but I still can't find his previous editions to see what it looks like.

Also, anyone played the Warbirds rpg? How is it? Worth the price?
>>
Astropunk.

Astronauts, Clumsy and Chunky spaceships, Interstellar-Asteroid-Farms, lost space stations.

spooky hints of aliens without actually showing or interacting with them.
>>
>>54999135
what about Bio-Punk?
>>
>>55000310
Only even slight experience I have with it is one of the GURPS books sadly. Other than that any good systems for it you know of?
>>
File: cyberpunk.jpg (195KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk.jpg
195KB, 640x853px
>>
>>55001826
>A single cellphone eliminates almost every item on that list today
>>
>>55000310
You mean ribofunk
>>
Cyberpunk is a genre, the rest are just aesthetics.
>>
>>54999135
Check out Deadlands: Noir for Dieselpunk. It uses the Savage Worlds rules and is rather nice.

On the topic of Steampunk - was Opus Anima ever translated?
>>
Honestly I think i could use FATE for any variety of "punk" game with a group willing to worldbuild collaboratively
>>
Cryptomancer for Crystalpunk.
>>
>>54999288
Daily reminder that 4 out of 5 "setting specific" mechanics are fucking shit and were made by utter idiots.

Good "master of one" game is so fucking rare I consider them exception rather than a rule.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.