[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dinosaurs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 29

File: babcloseup~01.jpg (245KB, 656x931px) Image search: [Google]
babcloseup~01.jpg
245KB, 656x931px
Dinosaurs

Who /hype/ here?
>>
Very hype, though we were spoiled on lots of'em already. Hopefully the commons and uncommons are playable
>>
>Walk the Plank and Fatal Push exist for at least another year in standard and are already good for eternal formats

What the fuck WotC
>>
>>54999308
Is that a bad thing? It's about time WotC made eternal playable cards more often, if they won't reprint old ones at least.
>>
>>54999308
wat?

its worse than victim of night
>>
I want to build an edh deck around the legendary dino but out of the rares it seems like there are only a few good dinos. do you think there will be good cards that will be errataed into dinos? if not then ill have to fill the deck with shapeshifters. good think we have chameleon colossus, mirror entity, and taurean mauler.
>>
File: 1331499469030.png (124KB, 239x304px) Image search: [Google]
1331499469030.png
124KB, 239x304px
>>54999308
>push being a problem for standard
>>
>>54999395
Im to autistic for that.
I'll have to go pure dino or bust.

Not many errata options either.
>>
>>54998896

gay meme set full of unplayable jank that isn't worth the value of the box it comes in.

oh yeah I'm so fucking /hype/
>>
>>54999395
>do you think there will be good cards that will be errataed into dinos?
Not many good ones, no. A fair bet is any card with -saur in the name and all the non-bird raptors getting an erreta.
>>
>>54998896
I want white vamps and pirates more. See if Admiral brass is any good.
>>
>>54999696
>if the set isn't all made of pure value cards like Lightning bolt and Dark Ritual the set sucks lmao ecksdee

That's you right now
>>
>>54998896
Great art, costs to much to play in red worth while.

It doesn't even have trample or haste.

Cramming a bunch of bolt spells into an expensive creature with no abilities doesn't make it good design.
>>
>>54998896
any other cards spoiled?
>>
>>54998896
I am less hype since I had the realization that wizards is going to use dinosaurs and pirates as an excuse to not make good cards
>>
>>54999904
I think it could be okay. Honestly, if anything, it could really just stand to be smaller. A 4/4 for 4 with the double-bolts strapped on would be a lot more appealing in a red deck
>>
>>54999904
This thing is actually okay, though the heavy red devotion does cost it out of a lot of decks I think, ironicslly including probably most dinosaur tribal decks. Main problem is its similar to glorybringer, but somes down later and does less damage which is strange.
>>
Chandra is gonna be so good this format
>>
>>54999395
I'm pretty sure that megamorph raptor from Khans block is going to be a Dinosaur.
>>
>>54999932
Yeah, it's going to be Dragons of Tarkir all over again. They put a lot of effort into making Khans of Tarkir awesome entirely off of the assumption that it would have to be amazing in order to hold a candle to all the Dragons they were about to print.

And then there was maybe three total cycles of any sort of Dragon tribal going on, with a lot of them being overcosted.
>>
>>54999308
>Walk the Plank
What?
>>
>>54999972
BB sorcery destroy target non merfolk
>>
>>54999972
>He didn't see the leaks
Walk the Plank
BB
Destroy target non-merfolk creature.
>>
>>54999972
>>
>>54999976
>>54999982
>>54999984
Eh. It's not doom blade, so I'm not too concerned. It's another 'black kills a thing' card. I'd prefer Grasp again, or, like I said, Doom Blade.
>>
>>54999982
Forgot sorcery
>>
>>54999984
This still kills creature type fish, creature type turtle, creature type kraken, creature type serpent...
>>
>>54999949
>>54999953
Give me the three spells on their own for the same equivalent cost and you have a for more useful play than something stopped by a single form of counter/removal from a thousand card that do it.
>>
>>54999967
There's also Frentic Raptor and Ridgetop Raptor which are good candidates. Other than them, Dromosaur, Gnathosaur, Imperiosaur, Magmasaur, Pangosaur, Pygmy Allosaurus, and Pygmy Pyrosaur seem like they'd all be changed as well.

Of those though, only Magmasaur seems worthwhile in a Dinosaur deck of any sort unless you're desprate for creatures. The others have mediocre abilities or active downsides. Magmasaur seems useful for being a variable boardwipe, depending on how much it benefits from tribal support.
>>
>>54999984
>Doesn't kill merfolk cause they can swim
>Does kill fish
>>
>>54999989
Unless Merfolks are overpowered in Ixalan, it will be better than Doom Blade, in Standard at least
>>
File: 1488414435830.png (574KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1488414435830.png
574KB, 650x650px
>>55000000
>>
>>55000000
Nice get
But you're still an annoying cunt
>>
>>54999984
>>54999993
Not to mention Leviathans, Frogs, Water Elementals.

Honestly they probably should have just made it non-Blue if they were worried about flavor, but then you'd have a bunch of pirates from this set who can't walk the plank.
>>
File: thanks ghandi.gif (305KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
thanks ghandi.gif
305KB, 500x380px
>>55000003
It's not Instant, I don't care.

>>55000000
>>
>>55000000
>>55000003
What if it was instant speed and destroyed target non-blue?
>>
>>54999994
I mean, I'm just saying its not dogshit, not that its better or as good as 2 lightning bolts and a 6/6 for 4 in hand
>>
>>55000000
xaxa bigits
>>
>>55000015
Blue pirates could just be better antiquated with water than the red and black ones who are good at murdering and pillaging
>>
>>54999994
It at least means you only need to draw the 1 dinosaur instead of a creature and 2 bolts. Granted, I think it's too expensive to run in pure Red, but at least it does something when it enters the battlefield. Killing a small creature and getting some face damage isn't bad even if it dies after.

It's not the next Siege Rhino, but it's okay.
>>
>>55000023
>What if it was instant speed and destroyed target non-blue?
Modern-playable
Black decks with Push and Walk run rampant
Goodstuff.dec becomes even more unbearable
>>
>>55000033
This reminds me, I remember reading that back in the age of sail, they pruposely DIDN'T teach sailors to swim, since if your ship went down, there was pretty much no hope of you ever getting rescued and was thus preferable to just drown
>>
>>55000030
Costing 6 for a 6/6 in nongreen makes it shit by virtue.
>>
>>55000033
*acquainted
>>
>>55000023
I honnestly dont care and was kind of only joking about it not killing nerfolk but leaving all the other swimming creature types alive since merfolk are the type that matters in this set that also features pirates heavily. But im surprised its not instant. Its pretty much worse than Victim of night since merfolk is an eternal playable tribe, so it wouldnt be imposing on anything in older formats. And fatal push is probably stronger than this in standard, right?
>>
>>55000056
WRG is the Dinosaur colors. My Guess is that Dinosaur tribal is going to be all about ramping to those big creatures in some way.

Most likely there will be some smaller raptors and native warriors if you want to run WR weenies or RDW
>>
>>55000066
You just know there's going to be at least one Kraken or Leviathan in this set though, and that's what makes it odd.

Still, it isn't too bizarre anyway. At least, not anymore than the idea of trying to get a giant T-Rex to walk off of a boat.
>>
Would Cavern have broken standard or something? Why print a card that is just a completely worse version of a card that's been printed before and could use a reprint?
>>
>>55000090
How are you making a kraken walk on a plane? Just kill it from the boat, ala whale hunter
>>
>>55000044
I would rather draw a bolt that I can use at my leisure or a dino I can pop by turn four than have to wait until turn fucking six minimum and hope the dinobolt has none of it's abilities wasted.
>>
>>55000099
$$$
>>
>>55000109
How do you make an Elemental walk on a plank? Or anything else that doesn't have legs? How can a spirit drown? What about a skeleton, or a zombie?
>>
>>55000099
as someone who already owns caverns and likes to play tribal, I like the idea of being able to have a full playset of another extremely similar card
>>
>>55000090
Well, what i mean is, while its cool flavor if it were to list the swimming types, mechanically it mostly doesnt matter except for merfolk since they are spotlighted. Itd be pure trinket otherwise. And non blue doesnt quite work flavorwise imo. We got the flavor with just merfolk (walking the plank doesnt kill them because they are swimmers) so.
>>
>>55000056
>vanilla costing in a color known for having progressively worse creatures the higher mana cost they are is shit

This thing could've easily been justified as a 5/5 and still be solid. It's not meant for aggressive strategies, it's meant to accelerate the clock slightly and destroy defensive creatures once a midrange/ramp strategy gets rolling
>>
>>55000099
Once things hit a certain price point, they dont reprint it except I think in masters sets. Its unfortunate but oh well. Unclaimed Territory is still a good card and while it doesnt matter much I think the flavor is better.
>>
>>55000128
>How do you make an Elemental walk on a plank?
I don't know, I hope we don't get elementals in that set
>Or anything else that doesn't have legs?
They slither the plank and drown
>How can a spirit drown? What about a skeleton, or a zombie?
They don't drown but they don't swim either
>>
>>55000128
How do you Asphyxiate an artifact creature?
How does a robot fall into Melancholy?
How does Winter Orb even touch my lands that are obviously 90% lava.
The answer is magic.
>>
>>55000132
Unless your playing jank 5c kitchen table tribal decks I don't see how the card is any good.
>>
>>55000158
Wait
Wait
We have creatures that are literal boats now
>>
>>55000163
That's my point

>>55000158
The merfolk thing isn't because they can swim. The guy on the card is shackled. It's because they can breathe underwater.
>>
>>55000164
Its an effectively 5 color fixer for creature based decks. The thing that makes cavern good.
>>
>>55000167
>We have creatures that are literal boats now
And those are confirmed in the set...
Okay, I give up. The flavor is failed, even while only taking Ixalan into account
>>
>>55000167
True. If you crew a vehicle during the enemy's turn, they could make your Boat walk its own plank.
>>
>>54999984
Is this for real?
>>
>>55000173
>The merfolk thing isn't because they can swim. The guy on the card is shackled. It's because they can breathe underwater.
Breathing underwater won't save your life if you can't move
I can breath outside of water but I'll certainly die if left chained in the middle of the forest
>>
>>55000164
You're just not using your imagination
Just like Spire of Industry, it's just another useful tool for people to experiment with even though better lands exist

It's just nice to be able to essentially have 8 Cavern effects to build with.

People often use the phrase "This is just (card name) 5-8" when referring to specific cards in their deck
>>
>>55000179
Honestly, I think it would have been better off being a -3/-3 to non merfolk. At least then it wouldn't be targetting any huge leviathans or things that wouldn't fit on a boat anyway.

Of course, then that's a very different card, but honestly how difficult would it have been to have that sort of effect be walk the plank, and then have your actual kill spell be 'Ramming Speed' and depict a boat crashing into a Dinosaur or something.
>>
>>55000174
The thing that makes Cavern good is that it makes your creatures uncounterable. It's why it sees play in even mono colored lists like Elves and DnT.

If the spell isn't uncounterable it's just a non-basic land that can't be fetched that sometimes makes colored mana. It's not going to help you land your Thalia or Ezuri or Monestary Mentor.
>>
>>55000181
ye

Rest easy, knowing that all of black's best removal has the flavor of pushing people off of shit
>>
>>55000201
All the more stranger that it doesn't work on merfolk, but does work on fish. You could shackle a merfolk, but how do you shackle a fish?
>>
>>55000213
I emean, yeah, the uncounterable is what makes it good also in monocolor decks.
>>
>>55000218
Or them slipping
>>
>>55000219
I would kill the fish on the boat.
Or Push it from a high building
Or wait for it to miss a step while walking
>>
>>54998896
Not sure why all the hate on this dude, he seems pretty playable, like the only bad thing about him is the RRR in his cost.
>>
>>55000206
You'd have 4 Cavern of Souls and 4 lands that don't do the thing that make Cavern of Souls Cavern of Souls. 4 of those lands will get your Reality Smasher Mana Leaked, and the other 4 will let you windmill slam your deck without caring about your opponent's hand. I think it's clear which one is worth playing.
>>
>>55000253
>>55000219
Maybe the idea is that anything that can walk, like a person, would get pushed off while shackled and drown in the sea, while most things that would be able to swim and breathe underwater would suffocate on the deck while trying to walk.

The reason Merfolk are exempt is that they can both walk along with plank without issue, and also can swim and breath underwater with ease.
>>
>>55000278
All 8 of them? Even without the new land, you wouldn't be able to more than 4 Caverns
Since uncommon:Caverns are easy fixing, it can replace whatever nonfetchable land you already had
>>
>>55000278
My guy, I'm not saying play one over the other, my dude

I'm saying that tapping for any color of mana for a specific tribe is badass, and you play them all together, my bro my dog

No one is saying that it's automatically going to happen in any specific future decks, but it's nice to have that option to experiment with, my friend, my man
>>
>>54998896

I have never in my fucking life seen a creature card that screams "I have Haste" as much as this one and yet doesn't have it.
>>
>>55000374
It slams a both the opponent and a dude the moment it gets on the board, giving it haste would be overkill, but for triple R they might as well.
>>
>>55000374
Those aren't speed lines, they're rays of sunlight.

>>55000395
I feel like Trample would be a bit better to help make use of the fact its a 6/6. Currently it just feels wastefully big.
>>
>Cavern of Souls is good for the fixing!
There's only one deck across Modern/Legacy/Vintage that uses Cavern to fix it's tribal manabase. It could say "name a color (or colorless) and a creature type, ~ can only tap for that color" and it would not see a severe drop in play.

The new land sucks.
>>
File: bishopofrebirth1.jpg (45KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
bishopofrebirth1.jpg
45KB, 265x370px
>Not playing Chandra, Glorybringer, Burning Sun's Avatar, and Chaos Maw in the same deck

WE'RE PLAYING THE BIGGEST OF BIG RED BOYS

also actual decent image of this card out too
>>
>>55000425
Is this the epic /tg/ "every new card sucks" meme of legend that I've heard so much about? I've heard it was also this way for Elspeth, Sun's Champion and Siege Rhino as well

So the legends are true
>>
>>55000428
That is pretty good. White Vamps are still weird, but I really like vigilance there while bringing back small creatures on the attack.
>>
>>55000428
I like the effect but the package deal seems pretty bad. I know its reanimation but this looks so unappealing when I can pay 3 and get it as an etb trigger.
>>
>>55000015
>if they were worried about flavor
They aren't. The non-Merfolk clause is just a cute piece of flavor for them to put on the card that also happens to be appropiate in the block and limited. Making a dinosaur walk the plank is still silly, as is doing it to many other creatures, and WotC likely don't care, just as they didn't care that crew allows vehicles to crew other vehicles or even themselves.
>>
>>55000467
It's not a bad card, but the issue with 5 drops in today's standard format is that they have to have some kind of impact on the board upon resolving to actually be relevant
>>
>>55000443
I mean /tg/ told me Harsh Mentor would see play in every format so maybe /tg/ is shit at analyzing cards.

But Unclaimed Territory is the definition of a bad card.
>>
>>55000488
>But Unclaimed Territory is the definition of a correct card.
FTFY
>>
>>55000488
>maybe /tg/ is shit at analyzing cards.
Yes.
/tg/ has consistently misevaluated every spoiled card posted on the board.
>>
>>55000482
Thats kinda what Im feeling. You have to pay 5 and you still gotta swing with it. I really like seeing white reanimation though.
>>
>>55000488
>a land that taps for any color for a tribe that comes into play untapped at all points of the game is the definition of a bad card

You're right, /tg/ really is shit at analyzing cards

You are definitely choosing the wrong card to be aggressive about right now man.
>>
>>55000413

>Those aren't speed lines, they're rays of sunlight.

I'm a giant retard
>>
>>55000502
I think the big advantage is that'd it's potentially repeatable. Granted, by that late in the game, you'll have to be controlling the board pretty well or using more cards on it to make sure it lives, but it is a possibility.

Possibly better in a more control style deck where they won't have as many ways to stop it, and you can build value by getting back smaller utility creatures.
>>
>>55000499
Not true. If you say most cards are shit, and most cards ARE shit, you're technically still correct most of the time. All gods were shit except Rhonas, then it turns out rhonas is bad but hazoret is good. Still technically greater than half. Checkmate, atheists.
>>
>>55000536
Rhonas is good though

Rhonas and Hazoret both being good is something I remember /tg/ actually getting correct about
>>
>>55000511
It's a non-basic that can't be fetched with zero utility other than tapping for colored mana dependent on the tribe. In one color decks (both modern and legacy Death and Taxes, Colorless Eldrazi, Merfolk) it's useless. In two color decks (Elves, B/W Eldrazi), it's worse than a shockland because at least that can be fetched out. It can't be ran just for value like Cavern of Souls because it doesn't help you force out threats.

What deck wants this card exactly?

Why couldn't this card just be a reprint of a card that's $45 that is strictly better than this card?
>>
>>55000522
Maybe control is where it goes, though I have no idea what control is reanimating with this.
>>
>>55000567
>In one color decks [...] it's useless
No duh?
>>
>>55000567
I've literally been telling you this whole thread that it's just a tool for future experimentation and doesn't immediately replace or go into anything

Please just try to have more of an open mind. It is just nice to have around and will be great for standard play in the meantime
>>
>>55000567
EDH and Standard still exist
>>55000579
EDH and Limited still exist
>>
>>55000598
>EDH, Standard, and Limited

Literally who cares.
>>
>>55000588
That was my second post in this thread dude.

>>55000583
So if the decks that run Cavern don't want "Cavern 5-8", what does want this?
>>
>>55000605
EDH, Standard and Limited players?
>>
>>54998896
so random xD
>>
>>55000605
The thousands of people that play those formats

Modern players are the most delusional people in this community.
>>
>>55000598
Its a rare and also a promo, it isnt designed for limited. And man a weenie you gotta attack with to get something is a good and quick way to get some bad karma. I also dislike the implication that expensive impractical stuff is for commamder but thats a whole other thing. I like the card. I hope its good.
>>
>>55000000
>55M GET
Join the club friend, 48M GET here :^)
>>
>>55000623
>implying I play Modern
I only play Tiny Leaders and 93/94 champ.
>>
>>55000622
What was even the point of this post

Jesus, there's no way magic discussion on Reddit could possibly be as cancerous as /tg/ magic threads could it?
>>
>>54999993
Of course, for them to walk the plank you must firt put them on the plank so out of the water.
>>
>>55000099
Cavern is now a bait card to sell packs for 10€ each. They'll never reprint it a rarity below stupidly rare.
>>
>>55000627
I'm on your side, I hope it's good at least in my Edgar Markov deck
>>
>>55000637
To shame you for being excited about dinossurs. What are you, a kid?
>>
>>55000637
The only good place to discuss Magic is at the X-1 table at day 2 of a non-rotating/eternal format GP.
>>
>>55000652
Sitting down there between rounds doesn't count, faggot.
>>
>>55000650
>Not able to be as excited as a kid
Sad adults are sad.
>>
>>55000650
You can't be a grown man who plays Magic the Gathering without being a little bit on the spectrum. It doesn't matter if you think you're too "grown up" to like dinosaurs or not, you're down here with us, and there is no escape
>>
>>55000649
Fuck I wish edgar was etb instead of on cast. Jesus the value with this guy.
>>
>>55000670
I feel you
But on cast allow us to get value even if our vampire spell is countered
We can't get everything
>>
>>55000612
Decks that can't afford cavern?
>>
>>55000670
Just play it along Bloodlust Inciter and Devoted Crop-Mate

We /never dead/ boys
>>
Posting superior dinosaur
>>
File: Babycerasaurus-SR04-EN-C-1E.png (748KB, 475x695px) Image search: [Google]
Babycerasaurus-SR04-EN-C-1E.png
748KB, 475x695px
>>55000691
forgot picture
>>
File: pepe.png (145KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
145KB, 540x540px
>>55000691
THAT'S NOT FUNNY
>>
>>55000666
Childhood is being excited by dinosaur tribal. Adulthood is realizing merfolk make more sense.
>>
>>55000704
Adulthood is realizing that something fake makes more sense over something that was actually real at one point in our planet's history?

Man you really are on the spectrum.
You belong here.
>>
>>55000704
Elderhoof is when you realize pirates will win the pro tour
>>
>>55000704
>Not being always excited by new cards
>>
>>55000682
If you're playing a non 3 or less color tribal deck you're better off running shocks if you have budget constraints. If you're playing a 5 color tribal deck you're already losing so who cares what you put in it.

The Bant/4 color Human CoCo deck in Modern might want this over Mana Confluence, but I'm not sure how many of those are running the card. The two lists I've played against have.

Card doesn't have a home, which is kind of unfortunate. I'm sure there's at least a few EDH players screaming about how happy they are this was printed though, just like they do about every single card that's printed.
>>
>>55000719
The joke is that merfolk are already a real and good deck. Also you cant prove mermaids arent real.
>>
>>55000612
>what does want this?
Tribal decks in Standard
>>
>>55000735
Why the fuck is it such a big idea here that in order for a card to be good, it has to immediately fit into a pre-established deck?
>>
>>55000749
But wouldn't they also want Cavern of Souls?
>>
>>55000735
>Shocklands
>Budget
Alright, a playset cost less than a Cavern but still
>>
>>55000757
if both Cavern and this new card were legal in a few weeks when Ixalan hit, I would definitely play both
>>
>>55000742
You're a joke
>>
>>55000776
Whats makes you think you are dying with us faggot
>>
How long will Kaladesh and Aether be valid in standard, a year?

I want to get a gift box to store my cards, which set should I get?
>>
>>55000756
Because that's what good means. It's strong enough to see play. If it's not strong enough to either fit into a pre-established archetype or form it's own archetype around it, it's not a good card.

Fatal Push? Good card. Collected Company? Good card. Chandra, Pyrogenius? Bad card. Hidden Dragonslayer? Bad card.
>>
>>55000815
http://whatsinstandard.com/
Kaladesh and Aether got a year and change left in standard.

I'd get the box that has the coolest art. There's really not a huge EV difference between the cards in the boxes.
>>
>>54999308
I don't understand complaints like this.

Do you want bad spells? I don't get it.
>>
>>55000428
Basically a worse Sun Titan.
>>
>>55000817
Being a budget replacement for Cavern of Souls is good enough to me
>>
>>55000817
I doubt you're going to call Vryn's Prodigy a bad card just because it's not in any current modern decks

Your thought process is shit and closed-minded
>>
>>55000838
Cavern is there to stop your shit being countered, not fix your mana. No card in Magic is a budget Cavern.
>>
>>55000845
Why do you think it's a budget version?
>>
>>55000817
Out of all the cards to pull from the aether that exist, why did one of your bad card examples have to be one that was actually standard playable? That is the white megamorph dude right?
>>
>>55000853
City of Brass is a better budget version then.
>>
IT'S A FUCKING LAND

IT NEVER COMES IN TAPPED

IT MAKES ANY COLOR OF MANA FOR A TRIBE OF YOUR CHOOSING

LITERALLY WHAT IS THERE TO HATE

IT'S JUST A TRIBAL DECKBUILDING TOOL

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE
>>
>>55000842
You should at least pick a card that hasn't ever seen Modern play and will without a doubt never see Modern play. They release a ton of bulk that's even unplayable in standard.
>>
>>55000870
>Not modern or legacy playable
Fucking dropped
>>
>>55000873
Fine, would you call Brimaz a bad card?
>>
>>55000883
>You should at least pick a card that hasn't ever seen Modern play and will without a doubt never see Modern play. They release a ton of bulk that's even unplayable in standard.
>>
>>55000882
HOW DO YOU KNOW IT'S NOT MODERN PLAYABLE? CAN YOU SEE THE FUTURE?
DO YOU KNOW FOR A FACT THAT SOME THREE COLOR TRIBAL DECK OR SOME SHIT WON'T BE BORN FROM THIS AT SOME POINT IN TIME? CAN YOU TELL ME WHO WINS THE SUPER BOWL IN 5 YEARS FUTURE MAN?
>>
>>55000860
Depends on the situation
The new land doesn't make you lose life but only works in tribal decks
Also City of Brass is more expensive than the new land
>>
>>55000827
>I'd get the box that has the coolest art
They're all shit except Eldritch Moon which doesn't have a gift box.

>Hour of Devastation
>Until Q4 2018
Uh, I guess I will be getting the Ixalan gift box, fuck this shit.
>>
>>55000893
White decks that aren't taxes are bad in modern. Brimaz is a great card. He fits absolutely nowhere and at this rate with the direction modern is going right now, he'll never be played
>>
>>55000899
Is Blood Moon getting banned some time soon? That'd be why inefficient 3+ color shitty creature lists will never become commonplace. Tribal synergies aren't enough to justify spreading yourself that thin resource wise, whether this land exists or not. The Human Collected Company deck can already sometimes just flounder without doing what it wants, CoCo relieves some of that but it can't always.
>>
How much nostalgia do you think people will feel with the Dominaria set?

Can't wait to horde all those boxes and resell them to autists with a 500% markup in 10 years.
>>
>>55000588
>look bro dude I'm not saying it's good but keep an open mind it might be good

:^)
>>
>>55000637
> ; ; boohoo someone on the internet said something mean that was not only not directed at me, but wasn't even offensive, it was merely dismissive, and I cannot handle being dismisses by a total stranger, I must be acknowledged and reinforced in all social interactions

You're a fucking pussy. There, now you can get offended and run to reddit to pat you on the back tell you how totally awesome dinosaurs are going to be.
>>
>>55000980
Every mythic or rare MIGHT be good until proven otherwise
>>
>>55001010
"Might be good in your EDH friend group" is not the same as "might be good".
>>
>>55001010
That's just factually incorrect.
>>
>>55000952
Probably none once Weatherlight is turned into a legendary mythic vehicle
>>
>>55000928
>White decks that aren't taxes are bad in modern
Apart from Abzan, Knightfall, UWx control/midrange, Ad Nauseam, and even that Smallpox deck.

>Brimaz is a great card
I honestly think this statement is false. He doesn't do anything particularly well, and the things he does are done better by other cards. He's a very slow clock, provides no extra value beyond his glacially slow token production, is a poor blocker because he's basically a 4/5, and if your opponent has a 4/4 they just don't attack so you don't get a token, except instead of having a 4/5 you have a 3/4. Brimaz will never see play because he's honestly not a particularly good card. Only autists who think MUH CATS XDDD or NO DECK CAN USE HIM WELL believe he's good. No deck uses him well because he's not a good card.
>>
>>55000952
>500% markup in 10 years
Not with WotC's current policy of overprinting the shit out of every set you won't.
>>
>>55001031
>>55001046
>Rhonas
>Hazoret
>Imminent Doom
Let's take those examples from recent set
Rhonas was said to be the best of the cycle, Hazoret was 2nd or 3rd depending on who you asked
All of this was pure conjecture, hence "might"
Results: Rhonas is played in RG Energy as a beater and/or combat trick for Pummeler and Hazoret is an important part of RDW, the current best Standard deck
Hazoret and Rhonas were proved to be good, Hazoret was proved to be better than Rhonas

>Imminent Doom
At first sight, it MIGHT be good since it adds value to your burn spell
But it was PROVED to be bad right away since
>CMC of 3 is too high for this kind of card
>No "or lower" clause means you had to play your spells in order
>>
>>55001046
>Instead of Crew [Number] it has Crew [Sisay]
>>
>>55001089
>current
Exactly. From what I've seen things are changing a little bit.
>>
File: 226.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
226.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
>>55000899
Because modern already have a strictly better version of the card
>>
>>55001146
A card that should have never been printed, in the first place. Why should a land fix your mana and provide hate for a whole strategy?
I know, mistakes happens, but a card like this is just stupid.
>>
File: 1485406576090.png (60KB, 254x209px) Image search: [Google]
1485406576090.png
60KB, 254x209px
>>54999984
>sorcery
magic the tappening confirmed for HS spin-off
>>
>>55001137
>From what I've seen things are changing a little bit
Fuck off.
>>
Welp, I've got a €15 coupon on a €20 expense on eBay paying with paypal.

Which should I buy:

>Battle for Zendikar Gift box at €18,85 (box+full art lands+possible expeditions)

>Eldritch Moon fat pack at €18 (dice+9 packs instead of 5+smaller box)

Mmh, after having checked a review the Zendikar gift box is shit and it doesn't contain full art lands.

What do you think?
>>
>>54998896
Stop pushing that retarded subtype hype.
>>
>>55000000
fish cant walk off the plank :^)
>>
>>55001567
Why so mad?
>>
>>55001569
If you're just playing standard then neither of those, but if you're doing kitchen table stuff I'd say Eldritch Moon is better.
>>
>>55001586

Fucking this.

Being "hyped" for a subtype is retarded unless it's a really relevant one that already has a bunch of support.

Like, I can see being hyped for Ixilan Merfolk because you might already have a merfolk deck and you might be getting some good new card.

But Dinosaurs aren't a relevant subtype, any good dinosaur cards will be need to be good entirely on their own merits.
>>
>>55001816
Fuck you, dinos are great and I will build a great Edh deck with them
>>
>>55001586
>>55001816
Suck my dino dick, anti-fun fags.
>>
>>54999993
Fishes and krakens would die from the plank itself. Turtles would probably never reach the end of the plank.
>>
>>55001631
Otherwise there's the Kaladesh gift box at €16,8.

Yeah, I'd like to start playing standard.

Fuuuck! I don't want to stash my cards in a box with giant shit CG refugee art on it.
>>
>>55001816
>>55001586

we are hyped because dinos will be a thing from now on. plus the feeling of getting a new good dinosaur for improving your shitty edh deck every once in a while is great. why do you hate fun so much?
>>
>>55001863
What about Leviathans?

I mean I'm pretty sure a Juggernaut would just roll off the plank and sink like a stone.

It also means that the Doctor is a Merman for the purposes of this song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbo2IY8Yvik
>>
File: John_Connor_In_a_Poncho.jpg (62KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
John_Connor_In_a_Poncho.jpg
62KB, 472x472px
>>55000000
>>
>>55001939
I'm just hype for >>55555555
>>
>>55001931

>we are hyped because dinos will be a thing from now on

I can't wait for them to get as much support as Aetherborn going forward :^)
>>
>>55001959
>implying dinos wont be a huge success and they wont start printing a couple in every block. see: vehicles

its as if you didnt know wotc
>>
>>55001984
>Ludevic: "YES! THIS IS BRILLIANT!"
Dinosaur Vehicle when?
>>
File: rkpost2.jpg (58KB, 480x388px) Image search: [Google]
rkpost2.jpg
58KB, 480x388px
>>55001146
Slivers and Allies want 4x of both.
>>
I've been thinking about selling my old cards from before I quit and starting to play again, you guys think it would be worth it?
>>
File: Download (5).jpg (14KB, 203x249px) Image search: [Google]
Download (5).jpg
14KB, 203x249px
>>55002003
You live in the past, dude.
>>
>>55000635
Tiny Leaders is for faggots, but 93/94 is based. Not sure how to feel.
>>
>>55002037
No, because one day you'll tell yourself "Ah, if only I still had my MtG cards, I could have some fun right now"
>>
File: images (6).jpg (9KB, 193x260px) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
9KB, 193x260px
>>55002003
>>55002044
>>
>>55002044
>>55002061
0/10 not made by Ludevic.

Yes I still think the SCIENCE team is relevant, deal with it.
>>
>>55000762
If shocks are to expensive for you please stop playing Magic.
>>
>>55002059
Nah I mean sell my old stuff and get into the new sets
>>
>>55002044
>CGI niggershit for casuals
Welp, this is it, I'm not playing this game.

Why can't we have hand-drawn classic art and themes anymore like in the old sets? Why do the jews have to ruin and dumb down everything?
>>
>>55001198
moving the goalpost
>>
>>55002074
Nah, I'm going to enjoy the game thanks to not playing with you

>>55002079
Newer sets are only worth looking at if you play Standard
>>
>>55002082
literally a joke card, kys
>>
>>55002096
I don't know if anything I have is even modern worthy I have an old folder of inner strad till theros
>>
>>55002096
You have no idea if you're playing it with me or not, the only way you can make sure is to not play.
>>
>>55002101
I know, retard. WOTC prints the same kind of watered down shit.
>>
>>55000000
If a fish walks the plank that means he suffocates.

Also nice fullhouse, go and buy lottery before luck fades off
>>
File: Download.jpg (8KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
Download.jpg
8KB, 219x230px
>>55002082
>A joke card represents the whole art direction

I am with you and want more handdrawn again, but your example is shit.
>>
>>55002113
You didn't know and now you're replying in a panic to save face. Please continue, it amuses me.
>>
>>55002110
I'm the only one in my FLGS that's going on 4chan.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170821-173637.png (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170821-173637.png
3MB, 2560x1440px
>>55000000
>55,000,000 fish died from this get
>>
>>55002122
As far as you know.
>>
>>55002115
Read >>55002113

Magic looks like fucking Yugioh now.
>>55002120
I didn't know Magic doesn't have autobots? If you think I'm that retarded I'm afraid you're the retarded one.
>>
>>55002115
Huh, I always though those two huge Bone+Metal plates on Vorinclex were part of his head.

The more you know.
>>
How do I into Magic?
>>
>>55002132
I'm sure of it.
Also, you're probably on the other side of the planet compared to me
>>
>>55002061
>>55002044
how expensive do you think these cards will be?
>>
>>54998896
Mtg card design is getting more and more boring as time passes.
They don't even try to do anything new or "it'll be too complex for new players".
>>
>>55002155
A lot.
>>
>>55002137
"If you think I'm dumb then UR THE DUMB ONE, GOT EM"

Who let this lost child on the public library computer? Anyways keep replying, this is gold.
>>
>>55002157
>Vehicles
>Energy
>Exert
>>
>>55002142
Friends, local GS, prereleases are a good start.
>>
>>55002151
Oh sweet summer child.
>>
>>55002177
>>Exert
Exert is literally "flip the card through 180 degrees."
>>
>>55002177
You could have tried to say "Aftermath", as exert was almost not used creatively across Amonketh, they didn't explore the mechanic at all.
I'll give you that Kaladesh was a innovative block (flawed not because it tried something new, R&D dropped the ball) but reading Ixalam's spoilers is giving me the impression that they don't try anymore.
Come on, this is a fucking card that complexity wise could be a fucking common.
>>
>>55002207
Still something new and I did see new players having problems with it

>>55002210
>Aftermath
Yea, I didn't think of it but it does count
It's a high CMC "dragon" for Timmy, we get one of those every other set
>>
>>55002176
Here's your >>(You)
>>
>>55000099
It's a worse Ancient Ziggurat.
>>
>>55001895
Kaladesh is her plane, you're the refugee white boi
>>
>>55002243
I'm not white, I'm American.

Damn, I hate new Magic art.
>>
File: Image-45.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image-45.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>55002231
It's agruably a Inferno Titan, it will see play in Standard and Possibly Modern.
>>
>>55002376
>See play in modern

U wat m8?
>>
>>55000000
>55MGET
Fucksakes
>>
>>55001005
The only people gayer than the people who are excited for Dinosaurs are the people angry at other people who are excited for Dinosaurs.

I wonder what it's like being such a cunt
>>
>>54998896
>Feathered gay homosexual pride-parade dinosaurs

Pass.
>>
>>55003122
>>Feathered buzzword buzzword buzzword dinosaurs.
This is you.

You are a fucking cunt.
>>
>>55001198
If only there was a way to eliminate lands...
>>
>>55003145
But anon, Land Destruction/lockdown would not be fair on new players who are getting into the game, and we can't have that :^)
>>
>>55003140
yes, we get it, magic is being "culturally enriched"
>>
>>55003140

You seem really mad that I'm not excited for some dumb bullshit that should be in a common slot.
>>
>>55001146

Why didn't they simply reprint Cavern of Souls instead of putting in a strictly inferior version of that? It would have given at least one thing to look forward to.

Oh right, can't reprint good cards outside Master sets.
>>
>>55003184
Oh I wasn't mad about your lack of excitemnt.

In fact I'm not mad at all.

I just think you were overstating your point a bit.

>>55003183
Unless the next batch of lore has dinosaurs fucking each other in the ass I refuse to agree with you.

Also Captcha, none of those were Jaguars, that was three Cheetahs and a Lion.
>>
>>55003122
>Feathered Dinosaurs are gay
I'll never understand this meme
>>
>>55000733

>being excited to be fleeced again by Crooks of the Coast

I wish all of you casuals would just fuck off and die already and stop supporting Wizard's absolutely shitty customer practices like some sort of braindead cattle
>>
>>55003464
I play this game to have fun and I have fun playing this game.
Who are you to tell me it's wrong?

I'm not excited by ALL new cards, I'm getting excited about interesting new cards and how I will have fun with/against them

>inb4 Fun is a buzzword
If your life is that sad, you should talk to a professional about it.
>>
File: MTG is Worthless Now.png (1MB, 2578x1564px) Image search: [Google]
MTG is Worthless Now.png
1MB, 2578x1564px
>>55000952
>Can't wait to horde all those boxes and resell them to autists with a 500% markup in 10 years.

LMFAO Magic sets are worthless now because there is so little in terms of eternal playability and they're printed into the dirt. You will NEVER turn a profit on your "investment" you fucking idiot. You got tricked by a youtube personality. If you wanted to invest and make money you should have time traveled back to 1990. You're like those idiots who buy Comic Book #1s in the hopes that they'll be worth something like Action Comics #1.
>>
>Tribes Matter Commander
>don't reprint Caverns, don't reprint Vial
>Tribes Matter Set
>Won't reprint Caverns, won't reprint Vial

why do you keep supporting them
>>
>>55002017

> RK Post

My nigga.
>>
>>55003575
Lol Rudy never said you can make money with new sets. He always said the opposite, only buy old sets, taget the cheaper sets with reserved list cards if you're a peasant.

>now
You keep using that word. What means "now" when you're talking about future sets and different conditions?
>>
>>55003862

>Rudy
>has a literal wall full of Khans of Takir
>made a video telling people to buy more Khans of Takir because Fetchlands
>Khans of Takir's price three years later... $62.56

You would have gotten a better return on putting your money in a savings account rotflmao you fucking suckers
>>
>>54999829
yeah it does faggot, it's not about value it's about having cards that shake up the meta, now fuck off drafting retard.
>>
>>54998896
shittier inferno titan

>>55000428
shittier sun titan

is this the theme of the set?
>>
File: shoot_myself_spoony.jpg (15KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
shoot_myself_spoony.jpg
15KB, 225x225px
>>55004095

At least the Vampire is one mana cheaper, the dinosaur has no excuse.
>>
>>55004095
The last two cards we got revealed
were shittier Cavern of Souls and shittier Victim of Night so I'm going to assume less.
>>
>>55004141
the dino have the advantage of the ability immediately impacting the board and with almost twice activation effect to Inferno Titan.
>>
>>55004176
>Uncommon
>It's shittier than a mythic rare

>No werewolf/vampire in the set, instead is non-merfolk
>That card with a flavorful condition is shittier than a card with a flavorful condition from a set with different flavor
>>
>>55004220
>>55004176
post the land?
>>
>>55004220
So then just print Cavern as a Mythic Rare. Might dent the price some more. Would definitely lead to people actually opening up more of the product.

And sorceries are generally shittier than instants.
>>
>>55004229
no pic but it's cavern of souls minus the uncounterable clause. it's limited mana fixing but of course people are bitching about it because this is /tg/.
>>
>>55004046
>>has a literal wall full of Khans of Takir
Not an investment, he's already earned from those from opening the packs and selling cards.
>>
File: big_1484233002_image.jpg (172KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
big_1484233002_image.jpg
172KB, 1280x720px
>>55004297

Bitching because we WANT a reprint of Cavern of Souls, which would have been a no-brainer for a tribal standard set. I'd like good cards to get reprinted, particularly in sets where they'd make the most sense, instead of this endless cardboard trash spewed out by Wizards.
>>
>>55004355
Blame the secondary market, hasbro cater to them.
>>
File: maro.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
maro.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>55004355
a) It's a Standard set. It's designed for Standard first and foremost, and Cavern would hurt Standard.
b) It'll likely be printed in Iconic Masters, given the tribal theme there.
c) pic related
>>
>>55004645
>(((JEW)))
Do you think that all jewish magic players are secretly benefitting from Rosewater being in charge or something
>>
>>55000428

This fucking shit looks more Indian than Kaladesh.

Motherfuck.
>>
>>55004662
Is joke, my man. Why else would I defend WotC and say that in the same post?
>>
>>55000670
Been playtesting edgar and getting one token everytime you cast a vamp is just ridiculous. If you combine it with anthems you can steamroll people.
>>
>>55004705
In what way were those defenses of WotC?
>>
>>55004735
Being careful to keep Standard healthy and reprinting a money card in a money set are bad things?
>>
>>55004645
>Cavern would hurt Standard.
It's not as if they print good tools for countering anyway, I imagine the uncounterable clause would be more or less irrelevant in standard.
>>
>>55004799
There's a control deck in Standard right now that uses a fair number of counterspells. And we don't know that there aren't more coming - just that they're not on the rare sheet of this particular set.
>>
>>55004771
Cavern of Souls is not a card that can break Standard unless they push a tribe so far beyond the horizon that it violates all logic, and reprints of cards in Masters sets don't count as reprints, since they're not costed economically and thus don't actually do dick to drop the price, defeating the purposes of a reprint. Plus it's mythicshifting, which should be punishable by skinning and rolling in salt.
>>
>>55004843
I can agree that mythic rarity shouldn't exist, yeah. But if they're not printing Cavern here, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, at least until we see the new Standard environment in action.
>>
>>55004662
>secretly
(((THEY))) never do anything secretly.
>>
>>55004935
They certainly don't overtly benefit.
>>
>>55003575
>Future Sight 400 dollars
>Rest of TS sub-200
The FUCK
>>
>>55004454
>Blame the secondary market, hasbro cater to them.

They literally don't. They could tell the secondary market to eat their own dicks with mayonnaise and pickles and nothing bad would happen to them because as long as sets contain cards that people want, sets get bought.
>>
>>55004645
>Cavern would hurt Standard.

Based on fucking what? Do you expect there to be a creatureless control deck in Standard? Because that's the only thing that really cares about countering creatures.
>>
>>55005182
The mere possibility of Gofy boosts the shit out of the set as a whole.
Street Wraith is an $8 uncommon.
>>
>>54998896

Real talk guise, this card looks like it should be a common.
>>
>>55005287
uncommon if it only dealt damage to one target.
Tribal tag gives it synergy, it's a 4 mana 6/6 that Lightning Bolts 2 targets.
Not awful, not a Rhino either though.
>>
>>55005274
But Gofy now is 60 bucks.
>>
>>55005326
market price for the Future Sight print is anywhere from $20-40 dollars higher because limited availability and some fuckers wanting a weird border over neat art.
>>
>>55005230
Don't work yourself into a shoot, mark
>>
>>55003209
Because it would kill control in standard because there's no land destruction
>>
>>55005529
>Because it would kill control in standard

Nope? A control deck doesn't need to counter your dudes. A control deck can deal with them in a multitude of other ways. Fucking kill them, steal them, bounce them, or (gasp) block them with your own creatures. If you think creatures being uncounterable is enough to kill control, you don't know control.

>because there's no land destruction

How do you know? Do we have a full Ixalan spoiler now? I don't think we do. They could reprint Strip Mine in it for all we know. And even if there was no way to kill the Cavern in the format, so fucking what? All it does is make creatures uncounterable. Build your deck around the fact that you won't be countering any of their creatures.
>>
File: 1344590496433.png (195KB, 447x385px) Image search: [Google]
1344590496433.png
195KB, 447x385px
>>55005676
>They could reprint Strip Mine in it for all we know
>>
>>55002241
Ancient Ziggurat can't be used to cast noncreature spells at all (barring shenanigans).
This new card, like Cavern before it, can be tapped for C to pay for noncreature spells, or for creatures not of the selected type.
That's a huge difference.
>>
>>55000000
More wasted numerals.
>>
>>55006265
I've had worse.
>>
File: tokens.png (1MB, 895x590px) Image search: [Google]
tokens.png
1MB, 895x590px
All of the new FNM promos are only produced by cards from this set. Good job fucking up with this even worse than we previously thought possible, Wizard.
>>
File: Victim of Night_DDQ.jpg (241KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Victim of Night_DDQ.jpg
241KB, 672x936px
>>54999308
Walk the plank just reminds me of Pic related. Also it's a Sorcery
>>
File: 1503414434948.jpg (59KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1503414434948.jpg
59KB, 600x450px
Superior DINOSAUR meta
>>
>>55006585
"We made gold tokens so they could be evergreen and used in almost any set."
"This pirate set we decided gold tokens weren't good enough. We made treasure tokens that do the exact same thing as treasure."
>>
>>55006585
Wizards is out to slowly kill FNM anyway, so it's not worth getting angry over.
>>
>>55006805
*exact same thing as gold
Fuck me, I need more coffee.
>>
>>55006585

>those feathers

ugly
>>
>>55006805
I can only assume they didnt want Gold token creation as a supported theme in a standard with improvise based on the fact Tezzeret's tokens also need to tap before being sacrificed. I think that would have been cute but whatever.
>>
Are the pre release promo cards the same anywhere in the world?

We get Fatal Push for Ixalan. Unfortunately I won't be free on friday night until 10.
>>
>>55006585
>Pirates are stronger than vampires
>Dinosaurs are only a little stronger than pirates
jej
>>
File: Deathmist+Raptor+%5BDTK%5D.jpg (34KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Deathmist+Raptor+%5BDTK%5D.jpg
34KB, 223x311px
Post cards you hope and think will be erratat into dinosaurs for spicy tribal decks.
>>
>>55006585

>you have to tap a treasure token to produce mana so you can't even do Improvise shenanigans

Just suck the fun right out of this game, why don't you WotC?
>>
File: Image (2).png (132KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).png
132KB, 223x311px
>>55007022
>>
>>55005287
Nah it's a rare quality card. Would be mythic if it's 6 damage distributed to up to one target opp and up to one target creature.
>>
>>55007051
Honestly that seems kind of dumb to worry about. I mean, we already had Investigate and Clues that could be amassed and tapped like that, and Kaladesh will be rotating out soon enough anyway.

Honestly, they should just let the people play the two or three cards they'd need to get those Improvise cards out. I doubt it'll be that easy to get large sums of treasure anyway, and if it is, who cares if you're saving a bit extra on a specific subset of cards designed to care about artifacts?
>>
File: Image (3).jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>55007022
Maybe
>>
File: Basking_Rootwalla.jpg (230KB, 554x440px) Image search: [Google]
Basking_Rootwalla.jpg
230KB, 554x440px
>>55007022
Unironically.
>>
>>55007256
Hey, I have that.
>>
>>55007283
>>55007287
Dayum, I have 3 of those as well. It would be great if I could use them for modern. Fucking Jews of the coast.
>>
>>55001984
Dunno about huge. There used to be dinos on the game and then they were removed for whatever reason. It's possible that the number of people who get hyped about dinosaurs are a tiny yet very loud minority.
>>
>>55007254
What? What do clues have to do with this? They dont care if you have artifact tokens to tap with improvise. In fact im almost certain synergy with artifacts matter stuff is why clues were changed to what they are and why they opted to tie pirates to an artifact making mechanic. The reason they probably didnt want gold with improvise is that they double your mana production effectively on improvise cards, and the limiter improvise cards had put on them was their colored mana requirements which if there was a lot of gold production would be undermined. Im more annoyed that treasure and Tezzeret's etherium cells do the same thing and are gonna be in standard together. Thats weird and I dont like it.
>>
>>55007318
Wasnt that like 15 years ago?
>>
>>55007254
>Kaladesh will be rotating out soon enough anyway.

You are retarded, it's sticking around for OVER A YEAR. Zendikar and Eldritch Moon are the ones that are "rotating out"
>>
>>55007256
Highly doubt it. The name makes it very clear that the elf is the creature, not his mount.
>>
>>55007375
I've been playing the game for a very long time.
>>
>>55007654
Thats why I wrote maybe. Think it will only be the case, if wizards wants to errata as many cards as possible to hype the dinosaurs up.
>>
>>55000428
Since when is Azula a vampire, a cleric, or white?
>>
>>55003464
The real fun of spoiler season is watching everyone's reactions to the cards that will be inevitably heavily used in the coming two years.
>>
>>55008279

I prefer the opposite, the one or two people who are so smugly sure something is going to be a thing, like fucking Mirrorpool, that they argue for it on an entire month and then the set hits and it does nothing.
>>
>>55008316
It's just about as bad when people claim that Siege Rhino will never see play outside of kitchen tables.

Both sides are pretty insufferable.
>>
>>55008476
Oh, Siege Rhino will see play. You just gotta wait for Polukranos to rotate out.
>>
>>55008476
I loved it when people were saying that Ramunap ruins was a shit card that would never see play

And one anon adamantly defended the card

Is fun in hindsight
>>
>>55008870
Ramunap Ruins is an especially egregious example as you can't even use misevaluation of the mana base or threat density of the format as an excuse. It's a land that that gives you reach for free. There's literally no reason it wouldn't see play.
>>
>>55009013
Well the one reason it wouldn't see play would be nobody running red
>>
>>55009031
Ramunap Ruins and other new red cards like Earthshaker Khenra are reasons to play red. Also Im pretty sure the mono red Eldrazi type core was already a thing before.
>>
>>55008870
Okay, let's reflect on that.

Let's just all say to ourselves that nobody here knows jack-shit until someone on the competitive circuit proves or disproves whether or not a card has potential. And let's not fucking jerk ourselves off by saying "I told you so" because that's one of the worst fucking parts about Magic.

All those people who like or dislike a card before it has proven itself, fucking force them to give reasons for it and not some dipshit "that's so broken" sort of statement. I'm so goddamn sick of people hyping the shit out of things or condemning something without giving a reason for it.

And maybe, that will save this place. And prevent it from being a one-line mobile-posting hellhole like Reddit has become.
>>
>>55009346
>And maybe, that will save this place. And prevent it from being a one-line mobile-posting hellhole like Reddit has become.

Too late for that, friendo. 4chan hit its peak quality long ago. It's just another shitpile website, just one where people can be more rude to each other than others.
>>
>>55009346
>nobody here knows jack-shit
No, there certainly are some people here who do know what they're talking about, but they're far fewer than and drowned out by scrubs, autists, and actual retards.
>>
>>55009346
You have to go back
>>
>>55008316
What about the people who don't know the rules of the game, like those that thought New Horizons let them keep the cycling cards in hand and thus just autodraw their entire deck immediately?
Or everything involving colorless mana, even after they said outright what it was?
Or everyone saying Aftermath 'should just be Flashback like that one cycle'
>>
>>55000870
Wait, are you saying modern cats are going to be a thing?
Like who do you go with, wild nacatl, loam lion, scythe leopard, sansteppe lynx, quasli pridemage, quasli ambusher, pride sovereign, regal caracal...ajani, caller of the pride, white sun zenith.
>>
>>55006779
Yeah, this is another slightly less playable Victim of Night. But that's okay, because Victim of Night is currently the most played removal in Modern and Legacy, so it's really just copies 4-8.
>>
>>55001127
There is not a single human being on this planet that thought Imminent Doom was good, get this garbage b8 out of here.
>>
>>55007366
>>55006886
Golds to powerful for standard?
First desert now gold.wtf is with magic.
>>
Ancient Ziggurat reprint this set
Yay or Nay?
>>
>>55005246
UW Control?
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.