[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 350
Thread images: 56

File: baral.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
baral.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
"Enforcement" Edition

Previous: >>54986794

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Horrible place with primers, access at your own risk.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question: How many counterspells do YOU run in blue? What do you use them for? Does it garner hate?
>>
>>54995036
Dralnu looks fun, but I have a feeling I'll just get hated out every game after comboing off once.

>>54995043
Shirei looks like loads of fun. How do you run Jalira?
>>
>>54995236
>Dralnu looks fun, but I have a feeling I'll just get hated out every game after comboing off once.
Dralnu can be pretty insane, but Kess pretty much blows him away outside Paradox Engine
>>
File: 2xho58kg5qez.png (184KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
2xho58kg5qez.png
184KB, 265x370px
>any year
>not cursing yourself so all your shit untaps if someone swings at you effectively giving all your dudes vigilance and can swing without care because no one can swing back at you
>>
>>54995766
Kess looks interesting. If she drops in price, I might run her as drawgo value.
>>
so what are some good wincons to throw into the wizard precon that stays on theme? and what are some necessary upgrades besides the mana base I should throw in?
>>
>>54996664
Depends on who commands. Inalla wants Wanderwine Prophets and Unblockable Tech, Ashnod's Altar, and Mistbind clique. Mairsil says fuck theme gimme Jank. Kess is spellslinger.
>>
Should I put together:
Queen Marchesa aggro
or
Prossh big dudes and reanimator
>>
So, what's the general playstyle each of the precons has? I'm tempted to pick one up. Also, is there any commander that could work well with Birthing Pod? It's one of my favorite cards, and one of my few remotely valuable cards I haven't sold or traded off.
>>
File: nazahn_revamped_bladesmith.jpg (62KB, 255x361px) Image search: [Google]
nazahn_revamped_bladesmith.jpg
62KB, 255x361px
Guys I fixed Nazahn
>>
>>54999173

Gross. Should have just been Naya colors.
>>
>>54998890
Prossh for Kobolds and big bois
>>
>>54998981
>Wizards
When upgraded, it'll be combo + ETB triggers. As it s, the precon is kind of a mess, without a clear focus.

>Dragons
Play big creatures and attack.

>Vamps
Lots of lords and tokens, like a typical tribal deck, and with a life-gain subtheme.

>Cats
Equipment, but not voltron. Arahbo wants you to go tall, but not with your commander. It seems rather awkward to me.
>>
Ixalan promos leaked, boys.

Best one for the art alone right here.
>>
File: 2cny8lyx08hz.png (137KB, 202x297px) Image search: [Google]
2cny8lyx08hz.png
137KB, 202x297px
And the tribal spice that should have been in C17.

Also this is an uncommon what the heckie
>>
File: b3wc13jc08hz.png (54KB, 145x199px) Image search: [Google]
b3wc13jc08hz.png
54KB, 145x199px
Miniature vampire sun titan.
>>
>>54999826
Wizard and Cat seem interesting.
>>
File: cvb6qsa818hz.png (324KB, 335x426px) Image search: [Google]
cvb6qsa818hz.png
324KB, 335x426px
And a mediocre dinosaur that we've seen already.
>>
>>55000162
>only creatures
Into trash it goes
>>
>>55000172
>up to
fucking power creeping niggers
>>
Anyone have a altraxa deck list?
>>
>>55001472
Literally what is even the point of the "up to" clause, it's not like the thing can Kavu itself.
>>
>>55001521
So you dont have to shoot your fucking 6/6 if you play this onto an empty board. God forbid an inferno titan that always does 3 damage to the opponent have a downside for doing 3 damage to a trouble creature.
>>
>>55001547
to be fair i would still consider it to be much worse than inferno titan
>>
>>55001609
actually being a dinosaur makes this a lot cooler and that's the only reason to play inferno titan anyways
>>
>>55001609
>>55001620
What? Inferno Titan gets the triggers when it attacks, this is just extremely mediocre ETB that happens once. Inferno Titan at least gets ETB and attack triggers
>>
>>55001609
>>55001634
It doesnt get the attack trigger because its not a 100% copy but this things a fucking house in standard. Also dinosaur is going to be a better tribe than giants ever could be.
>>
So I'm trying to build an angel 5 colour deck with either Karona, Cromat or Child of Alara as the commander. What are some reccomendations for the deck?, currently thinking 37 land.
>>
>>54999348
Naya? There's literally nothing green about Nazahn.
>equipment tutor
>combat trick
So much green
>>
>>55001793
Green gets every mechanic, cry harder fag.
>>
>>55001798
Lmao enjoy your broken game nigger
>>
>>55001805
I dont enjoy it, but I accept it as truth.
>>
>>55000124
So it's a strictly worse Cavern of Souls.
>>
>>55002042
Yet I'd probably take it over Ancient Ziggurat.

Cavern is a high bar.
>>
>>55001676
>a fucking house in standard
No one cares
>>
>>55002425
On the EDH thread? Budgetfags. Standard drives prices.
>>
>>55001793

Godo has the same ability without the specific equipment clause, plus Red has equipment fuckery too.

Hell, if anything there's no Green in Nazahn.
>>
>>55002914
>budgetfags
Fucking no. Only reason to play that garbage over Inferno titan is if you play the new dinosaur legend that comes out in Ixalan. Inferno titan is like 3$ max
>>
File: Image.png (135KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
135KB, 223x311px
How do I make pic related work?
On paper she seems quite good for a beater, only problem is >Boros.
Heartless Hidetsugu, Mind's Eye, Blood Moon effects, and mana rocks come to mind.
I'm not including bad angels for tribal, gaylords
Since she [should] be ID a lot of the time I feel like a more controlling way of sitting back and denying big plays would be good as she should be quite sufficient on her own for closing out a game.
>>
>>54998890
Prosh dragons
>>
>>55002042
It's also an uncommon so it should't be as good. It's a solid land and will see play in any tribal deck in at least EDH and standard.
>>
>>55003409
Well, I feel like she should be played like a standard Boros package, so Armageddon and Ruination are a must, Faith's reward is nice, but you're also going to need other damaging things. Ankh of Mishra and Zo-Zu the punisher work wonders, Winter Orb helps somewhat and I would also include Kill switch. Damage doublers are extremely nice, especially Dictate of Twin Gods and one MvP is Proce of Progress, but that's meta dependant and needs somewhat specific decks against it. You also should include hastegivers and maybe stuff along the lines of Imposing Sovereign. Urabrask, Mass Hysteria, Fervor and maybe Hammer of Purphoros. Removal is a definite must, so StoP, Wear//Tear, Pillage, RtD and such are good to have. I would also include Boros Charm and the latest Boros meme that is Sunforger
>>
>>55002944
>Hell, if anything there's no Green in Nazahn.
Which is what I said.
>>
>>54995093
Please give feedback on my 5c Eggs deck
It's meant for 1v1 but not crazy competitive, so very little control and removal is intentional

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/green-eggs-and-sram-3/

Thanks!
>>
>>55004049

Yeah, I'm dumb, sorry. I completely misunderstood what you said, then angrily agreed with you while trying to argue with you.

My bad, I apologize.
>>
>>55003409
She's the bottom of the barrel of WotC's made-for-commander abortions. Most of the time she's a strictly worse Serra Angel. There isn't a good, consistent way to make her work. If you want Hidetsugu and Pyrohemia.dec, you go with Gisela, if you want to be on the defensive with an indestructible guy (that also synergizes with Pyrohemia), you go with Tajic.

>>55003494
>It's also an uncommon so it should't be as good
Kys Maro pls
>>
>>55004067
What about some Storm finishers instead of the Fireball stuff? Mind's Desire, Tendrils, Empty the Warrens?
>>
I want to play bigredsorceries.dec with Thieves' Auction, Insurrection, Mizzix's Mastery and similar silly stuff. Who should I run as commander? I thought RGx would be a good color combo for this since I can ramp the spells out faster.
>>
>>55004650
that might be alright except that the deck doesn't really cast a ton of spells until it goes off, and once it goes off it already has a good number of wincons

banefire and fireball are good before you combo as well

I might go for minds desire though because card advantage, thanks for the advice
>>
>>55003409
>didn't hear what you wanted the first time so you posted it again
I cannot Stifle my disappointment in you.
>>
can you build pic related as some sort of stax or control deck ?
>>
Thread question:
I hate using counter spells so it's keeping me from making any blue decks
>>
>>55005270
You can do it, but there will be better Bant commanders for your purposes
>>
File: 1502836226218.png (41KB, 298x299px) Image search: [Google]
1502836226218.png
41KB, 298x299px
>playing gitrog
>cast ulvenwald hydra
>new player asks what it does so I explain
>after I grab the land dakmor salvage they ask what that land does and again explain
>retard friend spurts out that it also lets me go infinite with the right cards
>new guy is like oh ok I'll cast counterspell on ulvenwald hydra to stop it
>explain it was too late since I already grabbed the land and there was no response to it the first time
>whole table turns against me accusing me of trying to take advantage of playing with noobs

Guess I'm going to start playing online yet again

Thread Topic
>How many counterspells do YOU run in blue?
I don't play mono blue but in Ux decks it depends for the commander but typicak amount is 3-5.
>What do you use them for?
To counter things?
>Does it garner hate?
Depends on the meta I've had people get salty with isochron sceptre + disdainful stroke and others where its fine
>>
>>55005677
>blue is all about countering spells
>I don't like denying my opponent his win cards unless I kill it fairly in combat because he deserves to have the thing that he worked so hard tapping 8 lands for
You need to get Zur'd a few times so you understand.
>>
>>55005789
>trying to take advantage of small children and the mentally retarded
>taking your ball and going home when called out on it
dude
>>
>>55005834
>getting upset that a person is doing their duty to wrangle tards and other undesirables
>>
>Thread Question
Currently brewing Roon, so enough so it can be useful in a pinch but I wouldn't consider the deck to be "control". I generally ignored pillowfort-y cards like Propaganda or Ghostly Prison because I want to lay low and survive the early game via tempo plays and politics and go long enough so I can win the value game with flickers.
>>
>Thread question
Well I always at least run Counterspell and Swan Song. Maybe even Disallow, but I don't like spending the $9 every time I make a new Blue deck.
I have a Baral deck I want to take apart that's counter tribal.

Should I pick up a pre-con? I kind of want to build Inalla but when I tried, the deck seemed kind of shitty.
>>
>>55005869
I'm no fan of groups that dismiss players who go infinite either, I'm also not a fan of people trying to retrace plays despite it being perfectly legal just because they were blind to something.
However, your attitude needs a bit more work, too. I doubt the conflict would've escalated so unless you handled explaining the order of events properly or maybe you were a bit fast on grabbing the land, we all see what we want to see.

>>55005921
Unless you dish out a lot of dosh, Inala is going to be 50% filler/jank/draw and 50% degeneracy.
Edgar will have a shit load of tokens, counters and abilities going onto the stack which might get a bit exhausting after a while.
Ur-dragon is simple, but takes a bit of tinkering and money if you want it to be good.
Cats are good to go straight out-of-the-box, maybe substitute 5 or so cards and a few lands and it might even be considered semi-competitive.
>>
>>55004951
>>banefire and fireball are good before you combo as well
As good as tendrils which gives you life, or free chump blockers?
>>
>Turn 1 do nothing, discard Jin Gitaxias
>Turn 2 swamp into reanimate
>Whole table rages and scoops

Is there a more "That Guy" play?
>>
File: 1497471406107.gif (575KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1497471406107.gif
575KB, 512x384px
>>55005974
>I doubt the conflict would've escalated so unless you handled explaining the order of events properly or maybe you were a bit fast on grabbing the land, we all see what we want to see.
Classic dipshit denial, ignore all the facts so you can feel mighty
>>
>>55006042
nice
>>
>>55006042
>turn 1, fat sperg across the table does nothing and discards a Jin
>I drop a plains and Relic of Progenitus
>he mumbles and whines while giving me a glare
>spends the rest of the game mindless throwing shit at me, making us both lose

No. There isn't.
>>
File: gjwAMfV.jpg (143KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
gjwAMfV.jpg
143KB, 720x960px
>>55006042
T1 Sunscorched Desert
>>
>>55006139
Savage
>>
>>55005789
>new player asking what cards do
>resolve triggers without asking for responses
>get butthurt when newbie stops your combo

no anon, you have the autism
>>
>>55006042
Not really a that guy move, but the fastest we ever hated a play out of the game:

>six player game
>t1 everyone plays land, go
>last player goes fetch, shock, sol ring, signet, signet

And I guess how I won that game also counts:
>mono B control keeps everyone in check while slowly building lethal on board
>topdeck Changellor of the Forge with Purphoros out, wiping the entire table.
>next game t3 Purph
>>
>>55006342
>fetch
>shock
>sol ring
>signet
>signet?
Did he cheat or what? Not enough mana to cast the second signet.
>>
>>55006014
6 or even 8 life from tendrils isnt that big a deal it may slot better than zuran orb since I have a ton of land sac outlets

sliver queen makes chumps like a champ and you'd be surprised at how well things like origin, lifespark, pyrite, and sunbeam spellbomb change the field with decent recursion

Warrens, I think, definitely doesnt fit.
Ill try Mind's and Tendrils though, thanks
>>
>>55006372
Simian spirit guide.
>>
>>55006425
still not enough, though?
>>
>>55006372
Sorry, I screwed that up.
It was Signet -> Simian -> Signet.
>>
>>55006443
>>55006438
nvm im an idiot
>>
>>55006438
Yyyyyyes it is?

Exile Guide to cast Ring. Tap Ring to cast Signet. Tap land, filter through Signet, cast second signet.
>>
>>55006438
Use simian mana to active the first signet to play the second.
>>
File: and this is our son's room.jpg (11KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
and this is our son's room.jpg
11KB, 190x265px
>>55006309
t. bryan

>>55006042
Unironically had a "pro" playing OG Teysa scoop to doomwake giant
>>
>>55006468
>scooping to Doomwake Giant
Why? How?

I could only see that in a weird Abzan Enchantress deck with a bunch of enchantment token generators/flickers that would make the giant waste the board every turn.
>>
>>55006468
>WB scooping to a permanent
How?
>>
>>55001435
1 mana less, for two very useful creature types. Yeah i'll take the cap of critters only for that tradeoff
>>
>>55006710
>>55006788
Shadowborn Apostles + thrumming stone + mirror entity was/still is his wincon. He scooped after his first 4 initial shadowborns were killed upon doomwake ETB
>>
Any spicy Krenko tech?

I keep having the issue of people blasting Krenko off the board as soon as I can cast him. I'm hoping to turn the deck to less focus on him and more focus on Goblin tokens, mass ETBs and Death triggers.
>>
>>55007033
So he built his deck to fold to any interaction? Why do people do this? I can't even think of building a deck without tons of answers and recursion.
>>
>>55007099
EDHrec has all the spicy tech for Krenko since he's pretty much a solved deck.
>>
>>55007290
I guessed as much. He was just my first commander so I wanted to give him a bit of loving. I'll probably just pick up that Eldrazi Monument I've been forgetting to grab and then call it a day.
>>
>>55007099
so dont cast him until you have some answers of your own

mass hysteria or need for speed lets you at least get one tap off of him

greaves/boots are nice

mass indestructible like Eldrazi Monument or buffs like akroma's memorial

get creative
>>
>>55007099
if you're in a smart table, krenko will get btfo every time as soon as he comes out. krenko is a more or less an all-in deck, so there's not much you can do about it.

if you want to play a goblin tribal that doesnt fold to a single board wipe, consider playing Wort, Raidmother or RB Grenzo. mono-red version of grenzo also folds to a single board wipe, but is less threatening to other players so it's more like you'll actually get to play with him
>>
>>55001435
>>55007014
it also makes no effect when enters the battlefield.
>>
>>55005789
>new player asks what it does so I explain
The bad explanation (and how I'm assuming you explained it):
>it's a creature as big as the amount of lands I have and when it enters it lets me fetch any land from my library to play tapped
The good explanation:
>it's a fat creature but the relevant part is that I can fetch any land from my library when it enters, and this is a land-based deck which means I have some important and powerful stuff to fetch
>[if you have cabal+urborg] for instance, I could fetch lands that gives me a fuckton of mana
>[if you have discard outlet infinites] also, some lands let me go infinite with the right combo pieces, of which I have X on board right now

Tell people why you are doing stuff, not just that you're doing stuff. Otherwise you'll have to wade through months to years of salt while people learn the hard way. It also makes your successful plays more satisfying and gives you a good excuse when you pull them off and people try bitching at you.
>>
>>55003409
That's my take on her, feel free to steal my experimental decklist
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-08-17-anya/
>>
>>55008701
This is true. He did give the scrub the chance to counter but the group is better off if no one tries to "gotcha" their way into an instant win.

I've been in the situation before and it makes the victory very unsatisfying when an opponent doesn't even understand what happened. You might as well be honest with them because you're playing this multiplayer game for fun even if the rules don't require sharing that kind of information.
>>
>>55005270
>>55005683
Derevi.
>>
>>54996027

My god, it's beautiful
>>
>>54996027
wait...
what the fuck

how does RnD miss this shit
>>
>>55008701
>>55008903
You need to understand the distinction between "I'm making my big move. I'll do X and Y and now is the time for your responses" and "The focus of my deck is to do X. The most important cards are Y and Z, one of which I'm playing right now and I'm pretty you can counter it with that spell you drew last turn. Otherwise this will happen...". There is no time like this first to pull off ridiculous shit and spoiling it all by extensively revealing your plans really makes you think why you bothered to build the deck in the first place. Unless it's some no-wincon grouphug shit
>>
How is portcullis in edh?
>>
>>54995093
>Thread Question
9 in Oloro.

Mostly to stop combo, but sometimes to stop a Planeswalker if I don't have any other answers in hand or a decent way to swing at it, since my usual group has the *worst* threat assessment.

I draw hate for the deck in general, despite
>No infinite combos
>No tutors
>No stax
But yeah, at least part of it is the counterspells.
>>
>>55009090
Unless everyone at the table hates you, it's much better to give it to someone else, and have people attack that guy instead.
>>
>>54996027
he gets to untap all his shit as well retard
>>
>>55009175
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, if there are two or more other creatures on the battlefield, exile that creature. Return that card to the battlefield under its owner's control when Portcullis leaves the battlefield.
>>
>>55009268
Also, if for some reason you can get a lot of shit from untapping all your shit, people can just not attack you that turn, while if you put it in someone else, you could just attack that guy to untap your shit.
>>
>>55009090
>green serra's blessing that untaps your attifacts if you get attacked
>but also untaps your opponents artifacts
It's okay, but no very reliable.
>>
>>55009161
Pulling off ridiculous shit is for playing against veterans, not against new players.
>>
File: avatar of woe.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
30KB, 223x310px
>>54996027
I approve of this idea
>>
>>55008903
yeah I usually help my opponent(s) with threat assessment if they're dealing with one of my decks for the first time. I'll often say that "if this sticks, i will most likely win soon" and so on. a lot of time my opponent will have a spare removal to hit me with, and i'll usually give them an honest answer what they should remove with it (disregarding my hand)
>>
>>54996027
>letting anyone who attacks you untap all their things
>totally wont throw a single 1/1 token your way every turn to get a second untap phase
>Überhug
>>
File: 48.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
48.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>54995093
Super secret kess tech coming through :^)
>>
>>55008701
I think that's going too far. I'm fine with clearly explaining what I'm doing rather than trying to sneak it past, but no, I shouldn't have to explain where this fits into the next five plays I'm gonna make. You aren't entitled to that information.
>>
>>54996027
so it looks like that /edhg/ gaydudes deck is really coming together
even if it is unintentional
>>
I'm building Locust God, and I'd like to both use my Mizzix deck's Mana base for it AND to be able to mark the different cards in each deck so I can easily switch back and forth.

Would something simple like a tiny scrap of paper in the sleeves of the cards (that are not visible/large enough to cheat with) be legal?
>>
File: 1478882681628.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1478882681628.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>54999173
>revamped
oh you!
>>
>>55009525
Probably not. A tiny scrap of paper would subtly change the thickness of the cards, which any judge would count as Marked Cards.

My easy recommendation is to get perfect fit sleeves, and just put a small mark on the perfect fit sleeve with a wet erase marker or somesuch to denote which cards are 'both decks', rather than the paper.
>>
>>55009556
>implying anyone ever has played in a sanctioned game of edh where a judge was needed
Just write the name in pen on an island, its casual edh not the pro tour
>>
>>55009694
>The rules don't apply unless there's money on the line

I mean yeah, I'm fine with just scribbling "VOLCANIC" on an Island, but don't put slips of paper in. I used to 'proxy' that way and it was really easy to tell which cards were slipped and which weren't.
>>
>>55009694
Well I might want to play it in a tournament eventually.
>>
>>55009717
>edh
>tournament
Pick one
>>
>>54999173
VAMP'd
>>
>>55000124
I like it. I really like it
>>
>>54999173
but honestly why does green get every mechanic? maybe if we complain it hard enough they will stop doing it like they will with the gatewatch
>>
>>55009339
its not the same as blessing though, because it means you can use tap abilities multiple times and it affects all nonland perms, not just artifacts

it obviously plays best in either hyper aggro or group hug/politics but even the versatility of having the choice whether to use it on an opponent or not is valuable

its almost a modal card in that sense

Im not saying its amazing, its just pretty good and bizarre and off-flavour
>>
>>55009867
Green doesn't, it just gets most of the mechanics that are important in EDH so it feels that way.

Besides, on the topic of >>54999173, Nazahn could have been printed as a mono-white card for all it matters. That's not green getting anything special, it just managed to tag along for the ride for the sake of deckbuilding.
>>
File: sunforger.jpg (33KB, 251x356px) Image search: [Google]
sunforger.jpg
33KB, 251x356px
>>55009867
Honestly what truly ticks me off is that Boros, a.k.a. "equipment the color pair" doesn't even get an equipment based commander while a color pair that uses pic related as its benchmark for equipment, with one color with ZERO "equipment matters" cards, gets a full blown tutor for that shit.
>>
>>55000108
>sorcery
>water themed but no U in cost

Into the trash it goes
>>
>>55009957
It also requires you to be attacked for it to 'work' instead of being always on, and rewards your opponents for focusing on you instead of each other.

Nobody would play a Seedborn Muse that worked for everyone because all your opponents untapping would outnumber yours 3:1.
>>
File: 96[1].jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
96[1].jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>55009962
Arahbo should've been Naya and Nazahn should've been Boros. Making the whole deck GW was a mistake.
>>
>>55010000
Only reason I can think they didn't do that is because then all four decks would have had red in them.
>>
>>55009983
Nobody will dare attack you with a Hidesugu on board, for example.

Just any big body or deathtouch is a good deterrent, and it can make opps play sloppy if you have good combat tricks
>>
>>55009961
green has literally everything but target creature removal. it being with white doesnt make it ok to have equipment tutors. green is supposed to hate artifacts
>>
>>55000108
>>55000124
I havent kept up with standard for a while but I thought only rares and mythics had the holo sticker?
>>
>>55010041
its a promo art of an uncommon
>>
>>55010031
Perhaps they should've dropped meme dragons then instead for something like Bant/Abzan/Witchmaw Knights.
>>
>>55010033
>a good deterrent

YOU NEED TO BE ATTACKED FOR IT TO EVEN FUCKING WORK

And it'd have to be a really big deterrent to keep me from untapping all my nonland shit after attacking you. I can literally just throw a 0/1 Eldrazi Scion token at you, deathtouch/big body be damned, and get insane value.

You're vastly overestimating the benefit of painting a giant target on your face to give all three of your opponents the same 'benefit' as you, except they're in total control of when you get that benefit.
>>
>>55010072
If you're gonna do Knights it really needs to be Mardu. There's hardly any blue or green ones.
>>
>>55010074

Please remain calm friend :^)

its not an amazing card, I said that it isnt

Its fun though

remember fun?
>>
>>55010083
Well Knight of the Reliquary is very relevant
>>
>>55010035
But cats love artifacts and cats are green well natural cats are green, the yiffy furfag cars are white

Also lignify and song of the dryads are pretty sweg removal
>>
File: goblin_diplomats.jpg (32KB, 251x356px) Image search: [Google]
goblin_diplomats.jpg
32KB, 251x356px
>>55010074
>they're in total control of when you get that benefit
You can use that to your advantage
>>
>>55010118
>cats love artifacts

???
>>
File: 104829_200w[1].jpg (26KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
104829_200w[1].jpg
26KB, 200x285px
Would Radiant Flames be a good card if it cost XR instead?
>>
>>55010204
Mirrodin cats loved artifacts. I guess it gets rolled into the tribe by people now.
>>
>>55010118
No, white cats love artifacts. Green cats love woods n shiet.
>>
>>55010226
those were white cats. white people-like cats which also makes sense with their color identity. green shouldn't have artifact synergies. it already has enough as it is.
>>
Looking to pick up some inner sleeves for double sleeving, but the brand I used before became shit apparently (KMC)
What's the recommended brand now? For Dragon Shields, if that matters.
>>
>>55010035
>green has literally everything but target creature removal.

Green lacks:
>Additional combat steps
>Boardwipes
>Boomerang effects
>Copying spells or permanents
>Countermagic
>Creature removal
>Direct damage
>Efficient flying creatures
>Extra turns
>First strike, Double strike
>Flicker
>Forced discard
>Looking at an opponent's hidden information
>Milling
>Noncreature nonland tutoring
>Pillowfort defensive effects
>Rules setting enchantments
>STAX effects
>Tapping creatures
>Taxing
>Unconditional card draw
>-X/-X, -X/-0, 0/-X

And yes, I'm sure you're going to find a few cards like Harmonize that go against these, but that's going to be in very limited quantity.

>it being with white doesnt make it ok to have equipment tutors.
It very much does. Adding a color to a card does not restrict your options in gold multicolor. It'd be a different story if this were meant to be a hybrid card, but it's a White card doing a White effect which happens to have Green on it incidentally.
>>
>>55010000
Damn that is a good idea.
>>
>>55010212
It's already a decent card, but it needs to be in a specific shell. For example, I'd play it in Daretti, where I play most cheap damage based wipes to control the board pre Daretti cast on turn 3-4, but it needs 3 or more colors to work, and I'm not sure how many 3-5 color decks with red are in the market for cheap early game board control that don't have other options in the colors you have..
>>
>>55010212
Yes, because then you could spend 5 to deal 5 damage to all creatures. That's the best value possible.
>>
File: 1500927395537.png (137KB, 325x301px) Image search: [Google]
1500927395537.png
137KB, 325x301px
>yfw people race mix leonin catpeople, oreskos catpeople and actual 4 legged cats in the same deck
>>
>>55009486
That card seems terrible but if some kind of Grixis eggs deck can be built it would be impressive.
>>
>>55010144
If they know that untapping is going to benefit you a shitton, or that they will lose important shit if they attack you, they will attack someone else.
>>
File: 180.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
180.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>55010303
How about I throw a cat snake into the mix too?
>>
File: PumaPants.jpg (13KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
PumaPants.jpg
13KB, 223x310px
>>55010000
>>
>>55010277
With the help of colorless, there's little it doesn't have.
>Boardwipes
Many relevant boardwipes are colorless. Also The Great Aurora.
>Boomerang effects
Primal Command/Plow Under things
>Copying spells or permanents
Mirage Mirror
>Countermagic
Instant speed hexproof
>Creature removal
Fight mechanics, Song of the Dryads
>Direct damage
Hurricane
>Efficient flying creatures
Hornet Queen
>Extra turns
Situational, but Seedtime
>Looking at an opponent's hidden information
Lantern of Insight/Glasses of Urza, also that green legends telepathy thing
>STAX effects
Motherfucking Ritual of Subdual

I'm too tired to consider the rest but you get the idea
>>
>>55009486
It's so close to being good.
>>
File: miXVhzM[1].jpg (103KB, 720x1166px) Image search: [Google]
miXVhzM[1].jpg
103KB, 720x1166px
>>55010303
>tfw cats get to racemix but Snakes and Naga are a forbidden love
>>
File: 1500924523746.jpg (177KB, 960x955px) Image search: [Google]
1500924523746.jpg
177KB, 960x955px
>>55010332
Degenerate
>>
File: basic-star-stickers~13654111[1].jpg (37KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
basic-star-stickers~13654111[1].jpg
37KB, 400x400px
>>55009525
stickers on the inside of the sleeves
>>
>>55010367
The fuck happened with my post.
>>
>>55010346
>Seriously bringing up colorless cards and ancient cards in modern color pie philosophy discussions

How to lose a discussion about the color pie before you even start.
>>
>>55010388
That's nice, find me red enchantment removal. No, Chaos Warp doesn't count because it can net another enchantment instead.
>>
>>55010072
Vampire is already knight subthemed though and has some new knights at least.
>>
>>55010072
>knights
>not skeletons deck
>not arcane deck
>not fish deck
>not dinosaur deck
>>
>>55010322
>>55010144
It's basically a shitty Propaganda if you put it on yourself. I guess there is some tiny measure of value in having the option to turn it into a shitty Propaganda, but you sure as fuck shouldn't be playing it with that as the default.
>>
>>55010074
It's a virtual Prophet of Kruphix in that situation so still pretty good. I think it will be a great inclusion to my Yeva deck as another effect like that.
>>
>>55010410
We're talking about relevant tribes not literal memes.
>>
>>55010346
>With the help of colorless
That's completely irrelevant.
>>
>>55010403
This reminded me that I'm very sad that tokens with for race based tribes also got a class in SOI block but they didn't carry that over from now on. That really feels right. I wonder why they chose to do that just for SOI.
>>
File: images (10).jpg (11KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
images (10).jpg
11KB, 223x310px
>>55010402
>checkmate atheist
Game set and match
>>
File: 136[1].jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
136[1].jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>55010402
Well since colorless apparently counts.
>>
>>55010402
>No, Chaos Warp doesn't count because that ruins my shitty argument.
>>
>>55010454
Chaos Warp doesn't count because it's admitted to be an aberration in the color pie that should never have existed.
>>
>>55010494
Just to make sure, you aren't >>55010346, are you? You'd have to be a massive hypocrite to say that with a straight face after posting >>55010346.
>>
>>55010346
Are you seriously implying that fight effects are good? The only generally playable fight effect in EDH is Ulvenwald Tracker and MAYBE Prey Upon, but even that's a shaky pick unless your strategy involves Tron or +1/+1 counter stacking.
>>
>>55010419
>relevant tribes
>knight
As a player of a modern Knight deck, I can say that Knights are not relevant at all.
>>
>>55010302
It would be better than Pyroclasm which is kind of decent. It's a card I really wish they would print to provide competition with Engineered Explosives (which hits nonlands at a similar cost).
>>
>>55010522
Because skeletons are more relevant.
>>
>>55010509
No, I'm not him, I'm saying that Chaos Warp should never be used in any color pie discussions except as an example of what not to do.
>>
>>55010512
The elk from SOI is a pretty good card too. But yeah it's very limited. The only other fight card I'd consider playable is Ulvenwald Tracker
>>
File: images (1).jpg (12KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
12KB, 512x288px
>>55010410
>be wizards
>make a notegypt set
>make a notsobek god
>make it mono black
>dreams of ever making BUG crocodile tribal dashed against the rocks
>prays to notsobek for a return to almondkek where nicole fucks off and the gods thrive with triple color identity
>>
>>55010494
It is a smaller Warp World
>>
>>55010377
Man I didn't even think about that!
Thanks Anon, you're a pretty cool guy.
>>
>>55010556
>prays to notsobek for a return to almondkek where nicole fucks off and the gods thrive with triple color identity

Bontu is dead, anon.
>>
>>55010549
Somberwald Stag sees a little play in Yisan, just because there aren't all that many 5 drops to bridge between Temur Sabertooth and Woodland Bellower/Great Oak Guardian, plus it gets rid of stuff like Brago, Zur, GAAIV, Yidris, Sidisi, etc.
>>
File: clipcrook[1].gif (29KB, 304x440px) Image search: [Google]
clipcrook[1].gif
29KB, 304x440px
>>55010556
Maybe Ixalan will have some crocodiles
>>
>>55010494
>aberration that should never have existed
>when they JUST printed shifting shadows
>>
>>55010592
No he is just hiding in the underworld, he will rise again ;_;
>>
File: Scour from existence.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Scour from existence.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>55010402
> find me red enchantment removal
pic related. If you want a "true" red card, there is also worldgorger dragon.
>>
>>55010494
fuck off maro lmao
>>
>>55010549
Contested Cliffs is conceivably playable in the right deck, since it doesn't cost much to play an effect stapled to a land. There's maybe, MAYBE a deck that actually wants Domri, even though he's the worst Phyrexian Arena 90% of the time. Technically Kiora 2.0 counts as well, but she's rarely going to get there anyway. Temur Charm is pretty bad as far as charms go, but it is still a charm.
>>
>>55010660
>he

Bontu is a girl, anon. A dead girl.
>>
>>55010689
Dont assume xes identity, thats just Intollerant
>>
>>55010612
Somberwald Stag is played in most monogreen lists I've seen. I've seen it notably also in Selvala
>>
>>55010354
Naga is cool as an idea but fuck they could have fixed it by doing snake Naga. Or human snake. Why did they even introduce Naga?
>>
>>55010556
>start playing in Onslaught
>make a G/R beast deck and be unkillable sacking 1/1 beasts for 4 life apiece
>wait years for a proper Beast tribal general
>WotC makes a bunch of stupid animal creature types, doesn't even add Beast as a subtype when it never gets any planned Standard support
>c17 rolls around
>we get fucking Cats
>about half of the new cats could've just been Beasts
>>
>>55010700
Bontu was referred as she, my dude. Even wizards ain't truly pc
>>
>>55009486
D R A L N U
R
A
L
N
U

That's some pretty neat jank for counterspell-card draw, helps mitigate the 1-for-1
>>
>>55010706
Just so kaseto doesn't get any new toys because someone at wizards hates him
>>
>>55010402
Priest of Iroas
>>
>>55010402
Thunderscape Battlemage
>>
File: 1503281003139-tg.png (537KB, 692x499px) Image search: [Google]
1503281003139-tg.png
537KB, 692x499px
>>55006054
Keep living on as a happy cunt
>>
File: 1422926894386.jpg (27KB, 298x337px) Image search: [Google]
1422926894386.jpg
27KB, 298x337px
>>55010710
>they didn't even make them cat beasts to help both tribes
>>
>>55010706
Naga was a contested design choice in R&D.
Some wanted to use it because they are distinct mythological creatures. Some wanted to show some "cultural awareness". Some fought for Snake tribal and lost.

MaRo says he'd make Nagas into Snakes if it were up to him.
>>
>>55010758
I thought this was a meme answer but ever since the RC changed the rules, you could potentially use this in mono red if you just included Gilded Lotus, Felwar Stone, Darksteel Ingot, and some cards like that.
>>
>>55010804
>Some wanted to show some "cultural awareness"
THEY'RE FUCKING INDIAN!
>>
>>55010706
They wanted to introduce more kinds of beastfolk and they thought naga would make fit a diversity quotient and also that people would care enough about naga that it'd be worth it. I think their general thing is that if there's an accepted name for a fantasy race that everyone recognizes, they'll lean towards using it, and they thought naga was one. It's why merflk aren't creature type fish but leonin/nacalt/etc. Are creature type cat
>>
>>55010812
wait nevermind
>>
>>55010819
India is a part of Asia.
>>
>>55010804
>>55010819
>>55010832
naga are formerly night elves
>>
>>55010819
I remember that fucking indian that wouldn't stop bitching about kaladesh, did they get an egyptian for amonkhet too?
>>
File: nazimeme.jpg (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
nazimeme.jpg
4KB, 200x200px
>>55010819
>wizards make rakshasa subtype
>hands are not even on backwards
>triggered
>>
>>55010819
These are the same people that wanted altered-art versions of Oath of Ajani to be given out for free because his pose in the original art somewhat resembles the poses of Hindu gods as portayed in religious artwork. Fantasy doesn't go to south Asia that often for a reason.
>>
>>55010832
There are 14 Naga from Tarkir. There are 19 from Amonkhet.
>>
>>55010850
They got an American black woman.
>>
>>55010850
Man that was fucking stupid.
>ha ha guys I'm watching you. I'm gonna call you out if you make it stereo type India and racist.
>Kaladesh is so God damn safe it lacks it's own real identity
>man where are my elephant gods and multi armed Shivas and blue people that aren't vedalken and stereotypes?
>>55010879
That's so stupid. Why continue using Naga?
>>
>>55005974
>Unless you dish out a lot of dosh, Inalla is going to be 50% filler/jank/draw and 50% degeneracy.
Fucking hell, and that was the deck I wanted to get, too.

Maybe it's a blessing because I tried building decks around all 3 Grixis Commanders and actually couldn't. Perhaps I should just stick to Gisa and Geralf Zombie tribal.

>>55006042
Guy at the table did a turn 2 Sheoldred once. I can't remember how, but it wasn't fun.

Definitely not more "That Guy" than JG, though.

>>55010402
>people taking the bait
>>
>>55010890
So we don't accidentally break Kamigawa cards again.
>>
>>55010890
The only reason I can think is that we're getting snakes in Ixalan and don't want weird, potentially broken tribal overlap. MaRo has said he thinks overly specific creature types are a mistake, but top-down sets like Amonkhet are more prone to this kind of stuff happening.
>>
>>55010896
Entomb to Animate dead?
>>
>>55010890
>That's so stupid. Why continue using Naga?
They actually explained this but I forget the exact explanation. Pretty much it was mostly because they already did it and they can't take it back. Personally it wouldn't upset me as much if they didn't also make Kaseto and make him specifically only help snakes relatively recently in comparison. In fairness Kamigawa's orochi are morphologically pretty distinct from a naga as they've estalished it now but I don't think I would be upset if they just used naga as "snake men".
>>
>>55010927
Probably, yeah.
>>
File: wut.jpg (9KB, 543x271px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
9KB, 543x271px
Return to Arabian Nights with RW Mohammed legendary when
>board wipes
>exploding goblins
>vehicles with haste
>>
>>55010535
At least skeletons would have been different and fun.
>>
File: IMG_1334.jpg (11KB, 125x112px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1334.jpg
11KB, 125x112px
>>55011094
Right after my Mesopotamian plane.
>>
>>55011111
>deathtouch, maybe
>regenerate
>spook dudes when blocked or blocking
Super unique, just like then quints.
>>
>>55011094
Derpala Jihad
Prison effects, cant attack me religion of peace
Cars and trains crewed by brown skinned dwarves
Boros charm before wrath every game
>>
>>55011126
a reassemble type keyword that lets you exile 2 copies of the same card from GY or play to make a token that is twice as big

or an ability that makes Bone tokens when skellies die, and you can sac X bone tokens to make a skeletal construct with P/T X/X
>>
>>55011111
checked
>>
File: IMG-20170726-WA0025.jpg (135KB, 883x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170726-WA0025.jpg
135KB, 883x1280px
>>55011094
>not playing Hazezon Tamar with literally Army of Allah, Jihad, Vehicles, saccing many sand warriors to Goblin Bombardment
>>
>>55011157
Or you could just make a function reprint of Ravenous Rats or Pack Rat, since we are in the EDH thread(singleton).
>>
>>55011126
>skeletons main gimmick is their ability to raise themselves from the gy/regenerate
>he can't think of anything fun to do with creatures that can reassemble themselves
>>
File: 1502647641207.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1502647641207.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>>55005834
>>55006309
>>55008701

>you need to tell people when to play cards to beat you

If anything, this is the perfect time to teach how priority and the stack works. Or are we teaching noobs that it's okay to play "takebacksies" and that reading cards and making a decision dosent matter cause they can just go back a couple steps to before and negate your play?

This is some millennial magic right here. I can't fucking believe yall would advocate fudging the rules to TEACH A NEW PLAYER.
>>
>>55010861
>rakshasa subtype
They're cat demons though.
>>
>>55011208
we are talking about alternate tribes in Ixalan not just ones that may be useful in singleton

anyway, the second ability would be great for commander
>>
>>55011212
I can only reanimate so many things before I start to hate the mechanic and graveyard interaction as a whole.
I run Rest in Peace in everything desu.
>>
>>55011212
>reassemble themselves
Voltron Skeleton, a creature that can be put into play from your commander zone by saccing 5 skeletons at instant speed.
>>
>>55010332
>>55010358
Don't forget me.
>>
>>55011256
It'd be a better ability if it was wording something like "sac X skellingtons: put ___ onto the battlefield from anywhere/command zone, hand or the graveyard.
>>
>>55011273
That's fine, since she's not allowed to hang out with Nazahn, Mirri, or Arahbo.
>>
>>55011253
As long as you run helm of obedience too, im ok with this
>>
Recently starting playing again, picked this up in a pack, do people really pay 80+ for this?
>>
>>55011299
No because the whole invocation card frames are an abomination
>>
>>55011299
>Does restricting supply increase price?
Yes.
>>
>>55011256
Whenever another creature dies, if it wasn't a Skeleton, create token that is a copy of that creature, except it is a Skeleton in addition to its other types.
>>
>>55011326
only if it outways demand
>>
>>55001620
>>55001676
>>55007014

Fucking tribal shitters
>>
>>55011299
More like $75. A store can probably sell it for $80, but since most would sell it for $78 or $79 just to get under the line, you're going to have to undercut them a bit to sell it yourself.
>>
>>55011329
Ain't that just Lim-Dûl?
>>
File: rock_paper_scissors.jpg (24KB, 518x150px) Image search: [Google]
rock_paper_scissors.jpg
24KB, 518x150px
What is the right amount of land in a typical deck that isn't based on lands?
>>
>>55011375
I've also got 8 mana rocks because it's not green.
>>
>>55011256
What about an artifact subtype called "bone" and if you put enough different bones together and pay X mana you create a skellington?
>>
>>55011329
As >>55011353 mentions, there are parallels to existing cards that show something like that would have to cost a million mana to be anything close to being fair.
>>
File: IMG_0236.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0236.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>55011299
Scarab God is seeing heavy play in standard and EDH.
And some very, very fringe play in Modern.

He'll almost always be relevant in EDH, so I don't think the price will drop too much once it rotates out of standard.
Over the course of several years it's price will steadily increase due to it's incredibly limited supply.
>>
>>55011392
35 or 36 should be fine.
>>
>>55011396
And when the skellington dies you get the exiled bones back?
>>
>>55011396
It would be too parasitic of a mechanic. It would be better if it was a single artifact that exiles creatures in graveyards to get bone counters, and then make X/X skeletons.
>>
>>55011375
I find it hard to fit more than 35 lands into a deck
>>
>>55011465
Or a necromancer legend that uses experience counters to create x 1/1 skelltons and an x/x jack skellington
And you get experience counters for spooking people.
>>
>>55011220
>I wont let new players respond to triggers ill just do them and laugh as I win
>oh no I "have" to play online because nobody in my playgroup will let me cheat against noobs
>>
>>55011421
>>55011482
That's a relief, thank you. I was at 38 and it's hard trying to get a deck to 100 cards.
>>
>>54995093
Thread Question: Quite a few in Zur, and it's really just to protect him, and nothing else. Doesn't help too much, though, since as soon as the table knows I'm playing him, I get ganged up on almost instantly. Though, I probably deserve it.
>>
>>55011275
I like this. Probably it should have some fierce ability to compensate.
Crypt Ghast effect?
Vindictive Lich on ETB?
Black Market with Experience Counters?
>>
>>55011220
You know that "takebacksies" is an actual legal rule, right? If you do something before an opponent has time to respond, you need to bring the game to its previous state. A new player takes much more time to proccess what is going on, and if you are not willing to wait, then don't fucking play with new players, but how are you going to resist such an easy win that is going to make you feel better about yourself?
>>
>>55011540
>Though, I probably deserve it.

sure you do
>>
>>55011773
Except that's not at all what happened. They let the hydra resolve, and only after they saw what it was grabbing did they decide to respond. It's not "you were playing too fast," it's "I didn't know every card in the game." And of course they didn't, that's why you play. They'll lose, they'll live, and they'll learn, unless you teach them bad habits like reversing a play because they might lose, in which case they'll stop playing once someone actually puts their foot down.
>>
File: openfire.jpg (174KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
openfire.jpg
174KB, 960x720px
What are some cards that are possibly too strong for EDH?
>>
File: Limited Resources.jpg (108KB, 620x409px) Image search: [Google]
Limited Resources.jpg
108KB, 620x409px
>>55011869
>>
>>55011869
Ad Nauseam and Paradox Engine
>>
>>55011521

>can't into rules, still expect to win.
This isint your DnD group anon.

>>55011773
>does takebacksies BECAUSE of what was fetched.

Yes this is true legality, I see now. I will start playing counters after the spell resolves. I will bring control back.
>>
>>55011869
coalition victory says hi
>>
>>55011869
the banned ones
>>
>>55011838
>>55011921
>This asshurt his former playgroup wont let him cheat
Playing magic is better than no magic, stop cheating anon and get your friends back.
>>
>>55011984
No Magic is better than bad Magic. Stop jerking your friends off and play the game.
>>
What infinite combos does monored have that don't include Kinky Jinky or Splinter Twin?
>>
>>55011869
>>55011913
This

Also Hulk and Fast mana
>>
>>55011984

Whats so hard about making a dumb play AND owning up to your mistake? Make stupid decisions, lose the game. THAT'S fair.

It sounds like your need to facilitate do-overs is more of a character flaw than playing cards crappy.
>>
>>55012013
>all this projecting and autism
m8 my playgroup is former judges and tourny grinders. Im just trying to give you some perspective to allow you to have fun but appearently you are beyond that point.
>>
>>55011869
All but two cards on the banlist.

>>55011984
>>55012013
This shit should be settled.

>play too fast
>your fault for being such a spassy sperg
>pass priority around and nothing happens before you move on, group realizes mistakes and wants to backtrack
>their fault for not properly recognizing the threat or misreading/missing something, a mistake they should learn from

>>55012076
Stop replying to him.
Newbies need to take a few hits so they can learn to roll eith the punches. I picked up MtG when I was 12 and spent years with what must've been a 2:8 Win-Loss ratio. "Because I suck" isn't going to be a good excuse to get them by after a certain point.
>>
>>55012035
Infinite combat steps with a variety of cards like Aggravated Assault, Sword of Feast and Famine, Hellkite Charger. Green helps with these but it is possible in mono red with SoFaF or artifact mana dorks.
>>
>>55011838
>>55011921
>he let the hydra resolve
The other player is noob, he probably doesn't know when you can or can't cast a counterspell, so fetching the land before telling him that he wouldn't be able to answer it after he fetched card was too fast for him. The new player didn't say "go back a few steps, so I can cast counterspell", he thought it was still ok to cast it(probably to him, the hydra was still resolving, since fetching was an ability of the hydra, he could even have thought about how you need to declare targets for a spell and that spell is still counterable), since he didn't properly explain that to him.

Either way, that was not good practice, if you value your victory over teaching, you shouldn't play against new players.
>>
>>54995236
Dralnu is fun, let me tell from experience.
In addition to the ez pz combo with Divining Top to win with lab man, you can also build it as a storm deck designed to win with Mind's Desire/Tendrils.
He's fun and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, you get to use super secret tech like catalyst stone, river kelpie and secrets of the dead.
>>
>>55012136
What two aren't
>>
File: 1435751553321.jpg (107KB, 586x663px) Image search: [Google]
1435751553321.jpg
107KB, 586x663px
/edh/, give me a spicy general for Eldrazi tribal that isn't colorless or 5C.

Hard Mode: Give some spicy tech cards too.
Nightmare Mode: Focused on 1v1.
>>
Is 37 lands, 6 ramp spells, exploration and burgeoning, 5 ramp creatures (Nissa flipwalker, Neheb the Eternal, sad robot, birds and Mina and Denn), and 9 ramp-Ish cards (Xenagos walker, Gitrog, Courser of Kruphix, Lotus Cobra, Sol Ring, Regal Behemoth, Ramunap Excavator, Talisman of Indulgence and Splendid Reclamation) too much?

The idea is Jund Vial Smasher, ramp the shit out of my deck, play big x spells. But I also have cycle lands and discard outlets for Ramunap, Crucible (when I get it) and Splendid Reclamation. Is that too much focus on mana with not enough action?
>>
>>55012185
>Divining Top to win with lab man
What combo is this? I only know Doomsday piles and some Storm-y stuff. Also Aetherflux Reservoir
>>
>>55012207
Mayael
>>
>>55012207
Animar?
>>
File: 45.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
Anyone have any experience with this Thing? I'm thinking about building him after I finish Edgar vampire tribal.
>>
>>55012268
Animar can't play white, so no Displacer, which is one of my favorite eldrazis. But I'll consider it.

>>55012246
That was my first thought. I'll do it if there's no better option.
>>
File: Rasputin.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Rasputin.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
>>55012317
I mean if you want to do bullshit with displacer..
>>
>>55012376
Nah. That'd just play like my Flicker focused Merieke. Maybe I should just play Displacer on it already.
>>
>>55012376
You could build him like Legacy/Vintage white eldrazi. Stax with fast mana and Rasputin as a way to store mana for big spells or to cast through taxes and tapped lands.
>>
>>55012182

If you were actually teaching, you wouldn't use advanced concepts off the bat either. However, since I value teaching quickly, effectively, and clearly, I make noob friendly decks that don't expect the newbie to think 5 turns ahead, or highlight the fact that they don't have thousands of cards committed to memory already.

Starting someone with cards and tactics that trip up shitty average players is asking to have lots of hiccups. Lots of hiccups and they just feel like the game is too complicated.
>>
>>55012207
Jhoira
Turn 3/4 suspend board wipe + eldrazi
Board wipe first then eldrazi an empty board
Add all the extra turn spells, omniesence, counters
Pretty much 1v1
>>
>>55012207
Blue Braids extra turns.
>>
>>55011869
Back to Basics
Channel
Academy
Storm Crow
Sundering Titan
PrimeTime
Ancestral Recall
Moxes
Master of Cruelties, desu
>>
File: mbs-81-green-sun-s-zenith.jpg (229KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
mbs-81-green-sun-s-zenith.jpg
229KB, 672x936px
Is the reason Chord of Calling is so much more expensive price wise compared to Green's Sun Zenith because of instant and convoke?

Triple green seems like it would get in the way.
>>
>>55012491
>Moxes too strong
>when mana crypt/vault and sol ring still perfectly legal despite being busted af
The colored mana would be nice but without an artifact abuse engine it'll do even less for you than sol ring does on later turns.
>>
>>55012516
Modern I guess.
>>
>>55012516
No, it's because it's banned in Modern.
>>
>>55012516
>>55012539
GSZ is banned, that is, so lower demand. Company decks use Chord of Calling instead.
>>
>>55012428
>>55012445
Guys, I want to play Eldrazi tribal. So I want to play the small ones, not the big ones. I'm thinking Eldrazi Mimic, Reality Smasher, Herald of Kozilek, Matter Reshaper, etc.

>>55012411
That seems evil as fuck. I might do it one day.
>>
File: 1456160437404.gif (376KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1456160437404.gif
376KB, 500x370px
>>55012537
>>55012539
>>55012554
Oh I'm dumb. That makes sense. Thanks.
>>
>>55012576
The only legendary eldrazi are colorless, its really not eldrazi tribal if your commander is an elf or a cat, just saying
>>
>>55012748
Are you implying that Sigarda 2: The Squeakquel isn't a human tribal commander?
>>
>>55012775
Did I stutter? She is an angel, stop trying to shit up an already shitty idea for a deck
>>
>>55012817
>all humans you control including you get hexproof
>not human tribal
>>
>>55012748
I don't really have a problem with that. It's just that I don't want it to be too predictable. Also, I don't want to play colorless.
>>
what are some good win conditions for upgrading the wizard precon?
>>
>>55012305
I recently built him and he performed way better than I thought it could.
Moonfolk offering let's you cheat him in early, Moonfolks sinergize quite well with it, Landfall let's you tap/scry/mill/steal shit and with an Amulet of Vigor you can go infinite with half the moonfolk in the deck.
Plus you get to run a lot of janky cards and you can build it for dirt cheap.
I really like it.
>>
>>55012854
Sneak attack
>>
>>55012837
Also makes humans tokens, and clearly has synergy with what the GW humans of innistrad typically do (equipment and auras). Also Gisa and Geralf
>>
>>55012841
Play sliver hivelord with only 3 colors then BAM eldrazi they will never expect it then BAM hivestone and Eldrazislivers
>(chitters in eldrazi)
>>
>>55012894
This seems real good in Xenagod. Damn

I think I have one of these
>>
>>55012775
Sigarda 2.0 is a human commander. By that nature, your colored Eldrazi commander should either mechanically support Eldrazi, which the only thing I can think of would be Kruphix, or lorewise support Eldrazi, which could be Iona, Ayli, Bruna/Gisela, Kalitas, Ob Nixilis, the Gitrog Monster, Tuktuk, or Gisa.
>>
>>55012854
Ashnods/phyrexian altar + bloodline necromancer

Wanderwine prophets.
>>
>>55012931
You don't have to name the tribe to have synergy with it, especially not nowadays where they are careful to give tribes a game plan besides care about my type. For example, Olivia 2: The Sequel to Olivia isn't a lord for her tribe, but she does support the strategy SOI vampires leaned on.
>>
>>55012931
>which the only thing I can think of would be Kruphix
Errr, you know there's of equivalents to kruphix, right? Rakdos, Animar, kind of Omnath though he doesn't help fuel the colorless mana eldrazi.
>>
File: 1500862630583.gif (2MB, 460x258px) Image search: [Google]
1500862630583.gif
2MB, 460x258px
>playing a kaalia of the vast deck, its actually mardu clerics
>not a single angel demon or dragon
>nothing you can do to stop me
>>
>>55013048
>mardu clerics
What red Clerics are there?
>>
>>55013079
Should be some now after Amonkhet
>>
>>55013079
Mono Red: Harsh Mentor, Orcish Healer, Priest of Urabrask, Storm Shaman, Tormentor Exarch, Wildfire Eternal
Mardu Containing Red: Bloodhall Priest, Exava, Kaalia, Lyzolda, Priest of Iroas
>>
>>55011094
That's literally as likely as Storm returning to Standard
>>
>>55013136
I really hope they didn't burn the market for an Arabian themed set. It's kind of shitty it probably can't be Arabian Nights themed because of that, but I'd like to see something.
>>
>>55012918
>>55012918
>sliver hivelord
>not Sliver Overlord
>not also playing Amoeboid Changeling
>not also playing phyrexians
>not also playing Xenograft and Conspiracy so you can play Slivers and turn them into Eldrazis AND Horrors

You're not memeing hard enough.
>>
>>55013178
You forgot skeletons
>>
>>55013132
>Orcish Healer
We're talking EDH here m8. Color identities and all that.
>>
>>55013192
Skeletons deserve their own deck.
>>
>>55013153
What other settings do they really have left
>>
>>55013153
Well, as Maro has said, sets based on Arabian Nights and other direct stories are the ones LEAST likely to return, as they want magic not just to be "cardgame adaption of the fantasy genre"
>>
>>55013213
Fuck, missed that it was Jund.
>>
>>55013218
On the short list:
High fantasy/”Camelot” World
Murder Mystery/Noir World
Prehistoric World
Prison World
Roman World
Sky World
Underground World
Viking/Norse World
Water World
Wild West-Inspired World

And that's just what's asked much of them.
>>
>>55013222
>they want magic not just to be "cardgame adaption of the fantasy genre"
Lolwut? No sane person at wizards actually said this
>>
>>55013244
>wild west inspired world

If I get to see gideon with a cowboy hat on I'll quit.
>>
>>55013266
I phrased it wrong, I meant as in spesific stories; "LotR world", "Harry Potter World", "aSoFaI World", "Bible World", etc.
>>
>>55013266
Im sure anon is paraphrasing. It came across to me as mark saying they arent in the buisness of making snow white, aladin, and other tales into a card game. They like creation myths and religions much more.
>>
>be gone with family for a week
>come back
>the profaggot talks about depression

If he isn't happy with his life he shouldn't be talking or playing MTG.
>>
File: 127648865.jpg (11KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
127648865.jpg
11KB, 512x288px
>>55013301
>Jace In assless chaps
>chandra using guns
>indestructable sherrif gideon
>indian chief nissa
>lilliana the undertaker
>>
>>55013303
What htey mean is, they don't want to make an actual adaptation of the thing. That's why Rabiah can't come back, because the set was a direct adaptation of the Arabian Nights. What I meant is just being partially inspired by it, as it's the most identifiable and resonant part of middle eastern stuff people will recognize.
>>
New Thread

>>55013396
>>55013396
>>55013396
>>55013396
>>
>>55013363
>Plz give pateron bux plz
>I cant get all this free product ti fuel my hobby without free bux plz

Also mtglion get your own content, every time a topic is discussed on tg he makes a video about it a day later
>>
>>55013404
They literally just did the jews escape egypt story. They wont go to the middle east for a long time, maybe in 3-6 years.
>>
>>55013452
>Literally
I don't see any characters named Moses
>>
File: HtP.png (196KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
HtP.png
196KB, 265x370px
>>55013474
I do.
>>
>>55013474
Samut is moses, hazoret is yawweh.
>>
>>55012536
any 0 cost artifact is generally really good

look at zuran orb and even Mishras bauble in artifact decks
>>
>>55013517
LITERALLY named Moses, to the bible-story like our friend here is to 1001 nights
>>
>>55013548
>i want this game to offend 3/4th of the world by using the actual names of an old testament prophet and start a race war over cardboard
>>
File: Consider the elf.jpg (132KB, 660x500px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the elf.jpg
132KB, 660x500px
>>55013578
Did I say I wanted it? Amonkhet reminds of the story of Moses and his people, but it isn't LITERALLY it, like >>55013452 said.
>>
>>55012231
Divining top, etherium sculptor (which is good in Dralnu storm in general because of all the artifacts you'll have) and future sight/magus of the future.
Cast top for free, flip for a card, goes onto library, play it for free. Generates as much storm as you need for lethal tendrils or just draws your deck to win with lab man. All at instant speed and you can just flip the top in response to removal. Pretty spicy, especially since Top, Sculptor and Sight are all good cards on their own.
Thread posts: 350
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.