[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heavy Gear Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

File: 450px-Heavyg000.jpg (52KB, 450x276px) Image search: [Google]
450px-Heavyg000.jpg
52KB, 450x276px
Time for a thread about the worst-advertised war-game in recent history; Heavy Gear Blitz!

As they wrap up at Gencon, their second kickstarter is scheduled for September. Going off of the relatively low (but successful) turnout for their Jovian Wars campaign, are we worried that the Nucoal and PRDF sets will be cut down compared to the first one?

In preparation for the new kick-starter campaign: How do you best introduce people in a heavily 40k/infinity dominated environment?
>>
I was unsure about the plastic kits when they first showed up, but seeing them painted has given me a total 180 on them.
>>
>>54992755
IIRC the APC in that image is the new version, larger to be in correct scale with the hovertank it is base off.
>>
>>54992791
>>
>>54992809
That's the last of the current plastic starter sets. Confirmed for the next campaign are NuCoal, PRDF and I -think- Utopia
>>
I like the designs. If I wasn't already neck-deep in wargames I'd be interested.
>>
>>54992676
Dunno, I don't play wargames anymore, tough I remember triying to make people play the Rpg (was a failure but eh, I got hooked in the setting).
For what I read I like it tough. NuCoal seems an interesting faction.
>>
>>54993428
NuCoal is a great 'i want that faction'

You can take from pretty much everyone's list and fill in the drawbacks/limitations from their source.

>Like the CEF hovertanks but hate how pricey their gears are? PAK is for you!

>Striders fucking everywhere? HAPF!

>You want Northern AND Southern models in your list? take it!

Their own units reflect this too. They are all highly mobile so they can keep up with faster vehicles like said hovertanks but are significantly less specialized in order to encourage dipping into the other factions. Particuraly so in regards to Infantry, Fire Support and Recon.
>>
>>54992676
I bought a model of theirs at GenCon 4 years ago, looked into the game and decided to definitely not play.
>>
>>54993600
I'm on love with southern gears (because VOTOMs, and the Iguana/black Jaguar are gorgeos) and Hovertanks (Hammer Slammers books), I don't remember reading about the NuCoal tought, they are relatively recent in the heavy Gear universe no? How ended Porth arthur gaining his own Badlands coalition?
>>
>>54993646
Why's that?

I know the rules were extremely crunchy back then however, their new living rulebook has removed a lot of the unnecessary crunch.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.