[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Masquerade Balls in campaigns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: masquerade-ball-venice-costumes.jpg (151KB, 700x464px) Image search: [Google]
masquerade-ball-venice-costumes.jpg
151KB, 700x464px
Have any of your characters ever attended a masquerade? How disastrous did it go?
>>
>>54989840
Well, I (A half troll Druid) ended up using spiderclimb to stick to the ceiling while casting Lightning Storm to vapourise 3 Vampires, the racist elven mage was eaten by the vampire Lord, and there was much rejoicing. The Half-orc Barbarian refused to stop eating the clearly doped food (Fucking Con saves are insane) while the Paladin and the Rogue looted the 220 unconscious nobles. We all hated the mage, so nothing of value was lost. So all in all, pretty good.
>>
>>54989900
Your barbarian is my new hero.
>>
>>54990037
I was yelling at him from the ceiling to stop eating it, since it was doped. he responded with, "Well if it is doped, why haven't I passed out yet?"
>>
My character was a little foxboy who got dressed up in a frilly ball gown for a masquerade ball.

He ended up inside a girl during the ball.
>>
File: 1501205314613.png (898KB, 649x887px) Image search: [Google]
1501205314613.png
898KB, 649x887px
>tfw intending to write in a masquerade
>the twist is nothing goes wrong
>>
>>54990624
That's a pretty good twist, Anon.
>>
>>54990059
Classic barbarian
>>
>>54989840

I'd love to run a masquerade where shit goes down or doesn't.

But the group I game with are twinks that would try to enter the ball fully armed and armored, cry and sulk when told no, and refuse to budge from their inn room or camp.
>>
>>54991012

Masquerade balls work best when either:

A. There is a guarantee that there will absolutely, positively be no combat.

B. There is a guarantee that every PC will be combat-ready if a battle breaks out, potentially via magical weapon/armor-summoning.
>>
>>54989840
I set my players up to go to Malfi.

All in all, it went better than expected since they chose NOT to mess about with the nobles.
>>
>>54989840
Once. It went well until they asked him to take his mask off.

He, uh...wasn't wearing a mask. Or a costume for that matter. Even left his skinsuit at the inn.

On the plus side, he has a young upstart noblewoman as his closest contact now.
>>
File: if i pull that off.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
if i pull that off.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>>54992513
If they pulled it off anyway, would he die?
>>
>>54992539
No. The cleric mistook them for zombies, though and liberally applied smiting.

Sure, it hurt like hell though, getting what amounts to permanent rasta hair pulled.
>>
>>54992570
So it was extremely painful.
>>
>>54992586
Isn't that what i just said?
>>
>>54992648
4 u
>>
>>54992696
I know what you were getting at, and you blew it. At that point you should ask something like "Is he a big guy?" to which i'd respond some stealthy version of "For you" tucked between descriptions of the character's size.

Smallest member o the group, by the by. Except when i roll high on Eternal Memory and he gets to go full Yog-Sothoth.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.