[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 436
Thread images: 99

File: legions.jpg (214KB, 897x960px) Image search: [Google]
legions.jpg
214KB, 897x960px
The Great Legions Edition

>Old Thread
>>54986022

>New Chaos and GK FAQ. GK invuln cheese nerfed. Cult troops are troops again. Also Daemon Princes benefit from legion tactics, neat.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/20/chaos-space-marines-and-grey-knights-updates-now-availablegw-homepage-post-4/

>Necromunda is coming back.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos comeback is on.
https://konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
https://warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
https://mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
https://mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-Anon doing the Emperor's work)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing
>>
Can I replace Voldus's head with GK Termies Helmet ?
>>
>>54988852
You can literally look at Voldus' sprue right now and find out yourself.
>>
>>54988852
yes
>>
File: 1495419535088.png (115KB, 316x321px) Image search: [Google]
1495419535088.png
115KB, 316x321px
How many armies have you accumulated and how many many more do you intend to accumulate?
>>
>>54988693

Every time I see a helmetless Stormcast I get a little bummed that they're flesh and blood and not an animate suit of armour piloted by a hero's soul and powered by storm magic
>>
>>54988901
I had a 1500 oldcron army and a 1000 point world eater army. Both sold now.

I'm getting Thousand Sons now, and maybe when I'm done with them I'll get Admech or Sisters if they ever get plastic models (lol)
>>
>>54988901
Thousand Sons Pre Heresy
Thousand Sons Post Heresy
BIRDMEN-The Army
Maybe Spireguard
>>
>>54988901
1 and 0. Just picked up a massive lot of Guard minis and 3 Russes from eBay. They'll keep me busy for a good long while. I do plan on fielding them as Vets though so I'm not too cheesy.
>>
File: BLPROCESSED-Grandfathers-Gift.jpg (190KB, 650x822px) Image search: [Google]
BLPROCESSED-Grandfathers-Gift.jpg
190KB, 650x822px
Can anyone share Grandfather's Gift short story?
>>
>>54988822
>Chaos comeback is on.
That shit is barely on chaos hands, I'm pessimist enough to believe that shit will end on imperial hands before it could be turned back into chaos hands
>>
>i like playing fluffy lists, forging a narrative, and having fun with less optimal models
>the only other guy thats always up for a game in my store is a waacfag that constantly list tailors
Life is pain
>>
What size magnets am I looking at if I want to magnetize Ork boy arms
I really want to make a max dakka list but also have the option for slugga choppa without having to buy all the boyz all over again
>>
>>54988693
Never. Instead they'll retcon Sisters of Battle into being female marines but not part of the Astartes - sort of like how Custodes are technically really advanced marines but aren't part of the Astartes.

This is why it's taking so long for them to make plastic SOB
>>
>>54988952
Tell him you won't play with or against anything but an all-comers list. Stop playing him altogether if he continues to list tailor.
>>
>>54988901
Just two, and I'm still working on them.
I probably won't start any extras.
Chaos Space Marines and Daemons, Emperor's Children and Slaanesh.
If I ever did start another I do like how dark eldar look, but that's not something I'm planning any time soon.
>>
>>54988965
So they are pulling another SoS? Then wonder why no one is buying their stuff?
>>
Played a game against a normally cool guy at our local club who got really upset and frustrated throughout the game and at the end effectively told me off for bringing a cheesy list with too many tanks.

Just wanted to get some thoughts on whether my list was cheesy bullshit in context and how to deal with these sort of situations.

Game was roughly 2k
My list was

Iron warriors 7 cp
Battalion detachment
chaos lord in terminator armour with combi plasma
Daemon prince with fleshmetal exoskeleton and malefic talons (no wings)

10 marines one plasma/lascannon
10 marines one plasma/ plasma cannon forgot csms didn't get these but it was cool I think)
5 marines 1 lascannon

Helbrute, twin lascannon, heavy flamer

3 predators autocannons/heavy bolters

Spearhead detachment
Warpsmith
3 vindicators, demolisher cannons

His list off memory

2 Commander
Commissar

4/5 chimeras with various multi lasers/flamers with vet squads, mix of flamer , plasma and melta squads.

Vendetta with 5 lascannons

20 ish man conscript blob

3 sentinels with lascannons

Leman Russ demolisher

2 3 man autocannons teams all that could re-roll 1s etc
2 10 man infantry blobs with grenade launchers
10 ratlings

I said beforehand that I had a fair amount of tanks and walkers in a shooty iron warriors list where I wanted to test some stuff out and he said he'd build his list accordingly.

We played one of the open war missions where you have to destroy all of your your opponents 3 objectives before they destroy yours, you destroy them by controlling them at the end of turn and because he had less points than me he drew a ruse card that gave his entire army immunity to morale which obviously gave him a further advantage but that's cool, it was just meant to be a fun game.

>Continued in next post.
>>
>>54989026

>Cont

He got first turn as well for much the same reason and took out my Daemon prince , a ten man csm squad as well damaging one of my vindicators and destroying one of my objectives. I hit back hard though with the vindicator stratagem being particularly powerful and the predators too.

He managed to kill all my csms and a vindicator but didn't have much left to deal with my vehicles which ground him down in the end. He forgot some rules as well (like his autocannons having two shots) which I didn't notice. He granted perhaps had some bad luck too which he certainly complained about lots ( though he ignored in this his sentinel on one turn surviving 3 lascannon hits with a 6+ save)

He then as I say got really upset and said how this game was basically over from the start because I brought 6 battle tanks when he had an anti infantry list. I said if he'd told me before hand I would have changed my list up and that I let him know what I was bringing but he was adamant.

So did I fuck up by being a cheesemonger or is he soiling his pants a bit too much ?
>>
>>54988901
I have roughly 4000 points in Dark Angels. I intended to build 1500 points of Black Templars, 1000 points of Astra Militarum, and 500 Points of Admech.
>>
>>54988901
1 and a half. I'm likely going to reach 3 if I don't stop.
>>
>>54988901
3. I've been collecting Guard since 3rd and been playing on and off for a while. I also got a decent sized Ministorum army from 5th and I recently split the Dark Imperium box, so I have 2 Nurgle halves. Don't know why I did that. I got caught up in thinking Death Guard would be neat, but I have lost interest in them so I will probably sell off the sprues eventually. I'm holding onto them for a bit in case I have a change of heart again. I'm not bothering with the Sisters units because they are metal, so I just use the Ministorum units.

I doubt I'll do another army. I'll just do various mixing of Inquisition, Guard and Ministorum. Maybe I'll add in some Deathwatch units if I do a Xenos Inquisition force or some Sisters of Silence/Sisters of Battle later on.
>>
>>54989036
Your friend sucks.

He brought a 7th ed. list(Vets in a Chimera, fucking really?) and you say you mentioned you have tanks.

Your friend sucks.
>>
>>54988952
Weak shit. The only people in my store are fucking WAACfags who always opt for spam armies. Except 1 Tau player, ironically enough but he list tailors to shit against my list.
>>
>>54989036

He just sounds salty. Assuming you did tell him you were bringing a shooty/tank list he chose his list very poorly then proceeded to forget his own rules and get mad about it.

If his salt doesn't clear up in a day or so tell him to seek help.
>>
File: 1501806490287.gif (458KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1501806490287.gif
458KB, 256x256px
>>54989026
Is warpsmith worth it if you only bring him to heal your tanks and maybe to help fend off any deep strikers? I'm planning to run 3 predators with my Emperor's children army.
>>
>>54988901
2 for 40k, Squat Guard and just started Tau. For now I don't plan on starting new ones but expanding those two a bit more.
>>
>>54988901

All of them.
>>
>>54987608
Alright, so with that in mind is it worth giving up Coven units like Mandrakes, Wracks, Grotes, and Haemes? The first being a strong unit and the rest being because they look kew.

I just wish we had Webway Portals or some other means for units to have a Deep Strike option. Looking at the Index, DE lost a lot of maneuverability and synergy without the portals and losing DS on units like Raiders.

The collection of units and rules for Ynnari make a compelling argument for giving up Coven's main units, but I don't know if I would want to.

Sounds like I just need to be a fa/tg/uy and collect them all.

To the chinaman!
>>
>>54989130
I didn't explicitely send him the list but he asked what he should bring and I said 'I'm bringing a shooty iron warriors list with a fair amount of tank and walkers so bring something appropriate for that'

I think he might have assumed I meant a lot of rhinos and dudes rather than a lot of battle tanks but he didn't exactly ask me to clarify or to change my list before the game started.

It was quite frustrating for me as I brought what I felt was a fair enough list and got treated like I was running magnus with 6 knights and 30 scat bikes.
>>
File: IMG_5519.jpg (436KB, 1536x2027px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5519.jpg
436KB, 1536x2027px
>>54988852
Yeah. I did it myself in pic related. Just file down the nub at the neck a little.
>>
D E A T H G U A R D W H E N
E
A
T
H

G
U
A
R
D

W
H
E
N
>>
Haven't played in a while and want to field some new units, is the new Dark Imperium set worth getting?
>>
>>54988901
About 5000pts of BAs I think, maybe i'll go for GK next.
>>
>>54989212
>they weren't released 17/07/17
fuck GW
>>
>>54989202
I was wondering, how compatible are the Grey Knights Terminator helmets with plastic Cataphracti and Tartaros? They look knightly as fuck and would fit the sinister Dark Angels theme perfectly.
>>
>>54988862
The "warscroll builder" you see at the top of the Warhammer Community page was originally a fan made one.

There's also the list builder on the AoS phone app that costs $1.49 /mo to use.

So yeah, not sure why they're promoting a free one when there's one you need to pay to use. It feels very un-GW.

Though sending a CaD to a free listbuilder feels completely like GW.
>>
>>54989202
Wondeful, thanks a lot.
>>
>>54989144

That's what Warpsmith is made for, anon. Take combi-flamers and laugh at charges while healing and cursing machines.

>>54989201
Yah, don't read into it. It sounds like you were super lenient on first turn and objectives too. I wouldn't bring anything similar if you told me you were bringing armor in 8th.

t. Guardfag
>>
>>54989144

I think so. In 8th edition nothing actually stops him firing all of his weapons, so he can fire a meltagun, flamer and combi plas/melta all at once at 2+ to hit at different targets if he wishes. He's not awful in assault against random blobs either with mechatendril and power axe. He's pretty squishy but cant be targeted as a character.

The healing is also a lot more reliable and the ability to just deal a wound to an enemy tank is also really useful, considering he can do this in addition to shooting..
>>
>>54988822
No FW Horus Heresy books PDFs?
>>
>>54989215
It's a pretty good deal, even better if you can split it with someone and get the pieces you want. They're mono-pose models, but they still look pretty good.
>>
>>54988901

I'm new to 40K so I just got the armies from the new Box-Set.

I'm thinking of collecting Orks next. Not sure I want to expand on the space marines and death guard desu...
>>
>>54989215

I've been playing for ages and think its a great deal.

I've essentially bought two of them and I'm building two armies out of it for painting practice + casual games which only require a few additional models to hit 2000 points so it's like two full armies for £250 or so.
>>
>>54989212
Week 5 and 6 of the campaign.
>>
>>54989242
>dark angels
>cataphractii and tartaros
Choose one
>>
>>54989036
Just sounds butthurt. You were fine.

I had something happen that was somewhat the other way, I've brought it up before. I was going to play a 750 game with a chill guy I ran into a few times, and I told him, "I have a weaker list today since I brought most units for fun" and he responded with "Should I bring a Custodes Land Raider? That would be a dick move though right?" I followed up with "Yeah a little bit, I don't have anything to combat that, but bring whatever you want, it's your army".

So he brings the Custodes Land Raider and 250 extra points because he thought the wargear was included in the unit price. The game was over so fast, so it didn't bother me, it was just funny. Like hey man, I'm playing extra casual today, oh okay, let me bring my shit stomper list. I personally think that he thought didn't have enough models to fill out 750, so he brought everything he had, which included the Land Raider. This is factoring in him not realizing you had to add the wargear after.
>>
>>54989348
>green marines
They are all the same stop pretending they are different.
>>
File: Attias_The_Untamed.jpg (199KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Attias_The_Untamed.jpg
199KB, 800x600px
>>54989348
I play 30k, Indomitus and Aegis helmets look superb compared to Tartaros, Cata's would have been great if the heads had been whole.
>>
File: praetorians.jpg (364KB, 1297x973px) Image search: [Google]
praetorians.jpg
364KB, 1297x973px
just sprayed these fellas
>>
>>54989374
>I cheat

Orks DE and Tau are all the same as Eldar since they're all related to Old Ones and each other. Oh and since Tau are an uplifted race they're the same as Necrons and can also be mixed.
>>
>>54989374
>t. NPC
>>
File: 20170817_181326.jpg (597KB, 989x1011px) Image search: [Google]
20170817_181326.jpg
597KB, 989x1011px
New Deathwatch codex when? Primaris flyer when?

I want Primaris Deathwatch (pic-related, not my model), and the Repulsor is too slow.
>>
What's better to build with the daemons of Khorne starter Herald chariot thing or the skull cannon?
>>
>>54989097
I am considering running a mechanised list with Storm Troo-I mean Scions, some deep striking and some in Chimeras/Tauroxs. Is this bad in 8th ed?
>>
File: 89ddba4b289f93a3bfb6dc42ae2abea1.jpg (426KB, 1000x1370px) Image search: [Google]
89ddba4b289f93a3bfb6dc42ae2abea1.jpg
426KB, 1000x1370px
>>54988822
>That feel when you like Admech, but don't want to run Cawl and Robot/Onager spam

Machine-god dammit, this blows. The only other unit that consistently performs well are my Infilitrators, and their only good for clearing MEQs and GEQs. I know the key to victory with Admech lies with Cawl supporting a core of Neutron/Icarus Onagers and Phosphor Kastellans, with MSU Vanguard to tie up the enemy and capture points, while Infiltrators pick off vulnerable units.

But fuck, thats not what I signed up for when I started this army. I picked Skitarii for badass normal troops, super swingy tricks, fisticuff robbie beep boops and hyper aggressive shooting. Now the only army playstyles I like are Flamer heavy Guard, SoB and Dark Eldar.

Admech dex/FoC when?
>>
>>54989374
You can't have DA 30k terminators in 40k. They're not on the list of units allowed in that chapter.
>>
Does anybody have a link for pic related Inquisition audiodrama?

Also pretty fly tech-priest.
>>
File: suddendeath.png (163KB, 517x253px) Image search: [Google]
suddendeath.png
163KB, 517x253px
>>54989315
>>Do you have more than 10 units? If yes then I can believe you
>>If not then enjoy your turn one table.
>implying you can get get tabled in turn 1 if you got anything in reserves
told ya to read the rules. also, unless you're IG and spamming earthshaker cannons, you're not going to kill them all anyway if there's any terrain.
>>
>>54989407
>
What's going on with the roof of the Taurox?
>>
>>54989472
I was a little sad to hear it's just a drama. I wanted a full book read out.
>>
>>54989407
nice mould lines
>>
File: P1200905.jpg (182KB, 1600x665px) Image search: [Google]
P1200905.jpg
182KB, 1600x665px
>>54989431
>Primaris flyer when?
Already available.

Pic related
>>
>>54989487
It's a tie in to the series. It's gonna be a long one so the characters in this audiobook will appear in subsequent books.
>>
>>54989472
Yeah, but with Horusian Wars and Carrion Throne we have a good year. That they are pretty decent novels is just a bonus.

>>54989487
Seconding.
>>
>>54989500
That is so beyond oversized it's not even funny
>>
>>54989500
>Another brick with stubby wings
>>
>>54989446
>>54989423
>>54989418
>implying marinefags wont just use the broken trait of the month
How many times I've seen IF using white scars or what ever broken stuff is the new hotness.

There is zero difference between marines armies.
>>
Just got my first few marines and wanted to paint a blood angels army, is the 90 euro paint set really necessary for that or can i get along fine with half of the paint there trying to sell you?
>>
>>54989536
>even more NPC bitching
Yeah yeah because we all know ultramarines can use sanguinary guard and black templars can field deathwing knights and white scars have wulfen etc etc
Neck yourself already lad
>>
>>54989440
Grab some Electropriests? They work pretty well for smashy melee with a few handy tricks, but I feel much the same. Our old dex was already pretty perfect for 8e, some units just needed a tuneup, but instead they gutted the lot then buffed Electros and Kastelans.
>>
>>54989514
Oh nice.
>>
>>54989551
>being this new
>>
>>54989496
meh i'll file it away or paint it as a scarf

>>54989485
ran out of glue and couldn't finish it, so decided i'll spray and paint this batch while waiting for more glue to arrive
>>
>>54989196
>cancer
Both the post and the resin
>>
>>54988901
Current number is two and a few test models of space Marines (like 24 tactical marines from paint testing, only 12 actually painted). I had Tau and Tyranids but sold them off. Thinking of selling my Eldar too.

On top of the Orks, Tau, Tyranids, and Eldar I've painted, I've painted an entire Dark Eldar army, along with entire Necrons, Space Marines, Warriors of Chaos from WHFB, Daemons, and several CSM.

I intend to downsize my own collection, less Eldar but still owning Orks, Eldar, and small squads of marines.
>>
>>54989530
Like a primaris marine?
>>
How shit is my 2k list?
Battalion detachment
HQ
Swarmlord
Tervigon with talons
Flyrant with rending claw
Troops
3 squads of 20 termaguant
10 fleshborers and 10 devoured
30 hormagaunts
3 warriors with boneswords and a venom cannon each
Elites
3 lictors
Fast
10 gargoyles

Spearhead detachment
HQ
One old eye
Heavy
3 carnifex with crushing claws a deathspitters
Totals to 1993
Thoughts
>>
>>54989572
>pretending
>>
File: Default_Female_Shepard.png (925KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Default_Female_Shepard.png
925KB, 900x506px
>>54989472
>TFW this looks like Mass Effect
>TFW Femshep is literally on the cover
>>
>>54989594
You are going to tell me you haven't seen X painted marines with Y rules?
>>
>>54989622
Oh I have, I just haven't seen anyone do it with the special snowflake chapters. Only the vanilla ones.
>>
>>54989643
Hence why you are new and why marines armies tend to meld into one blob after decades of playing.
>>
>>54989666
I've been around since 4th baby boy. Try playing at a less shitty meta sometime.
>>
>>54989598
It doesn't.

She's not.
>>
>>54989592
I think you mean devourers each for those Warriors? Cause it's 1 bio-cannon per 3 Warriors now. Maybe just make the Carnifexes Crushing Claw/Scything Talon w. adrenal glands instead and just roll em forward. Take out a Lictor or 2 and Throw in more Gargoyles, they work as a great screen for the Flyrant now that it's a character that can't be targeted without snipers and can shoot,charge, and fall back and shoot again for harassment.
>>
>>54989678
>since 4th
>not playing across the world
>knowing only a single local meta
>being this new
Come back when you are older BOI
>>
File: 1502687317948.png (895KB, 600x871px) Image search: [Google]
1502687317948.png
895KB, 600x871px
What are the new deathguard releases going to be besides mortarion and nurgle terminators? And what should I get for a new deathguard army besides the boxed sets?
>>
>>54989530
>What is the Manta
>>
>>54989598
Femshep has way cuter hair and armor
>>
>>54989708
At leas the manta has excuse for it
>>
>>54989704
>implying i haven't played across the world and crusaded with my forces to various foreign lands
Weak shit faggot. Maybe try attracting less shitty players, lose weight is a good suggestion.
>>
How are Stormhawks? Thinking of picking up a pair
>>
>>54989536
>codex: space marine armies count as other codex: space marine armies
>this means codex: dark angels are the same as codex: space marines

That's some tard logic
>>
I left my dice outside during the eclipse. Maybe some eldritch shit might make them stop rolling like trash
>>
>>54989726
>triggered marine player
Thats ok you can play your Ultramarines with Raven guard rules if you want. I won't tell anyone.
>>
>>54989706
Plague Marines, Poxwalkers, Tank, Typhus and the Number Fudger.
>>
>>54989746
>implying I play smurfs or even vanilla marines
NPCfags gonna NPCfag
>>
>>54988901
1. 0. Somewhere between 8 and 10k pts of Necrons. I'm extremely unhappy with my army, I'm too lazy to paint it and it irks me everytime I play with them. Most of it is bought on Ebay though so hopefully I can get good returns on it when (if) I sell it. I do love Necrons though and the edition seems fun, I'm not sure if I can bring myself to get rid of them. Maybe I'll find a young crack addict and pay for his addiction in return for painting services.
>>
>>54989666
>he gets more senile the more he plays

You should be spotting more subtle nuances after decades of playing instead of literally losing your recognition. Maybe try not being a blind retarded faggot.
>>
>>54989737
>same models
>random bits glue on top
>some how this makes them different armies
Be happy you can have different rules for the same models.
>>
>>54989698
Actually deathspitters on the warriors. I like the lictors for behind enemy lines. But cutting the deathspitters and downgrading to devourers or talons could double the gargoyles. I'll do a number crunch
>>
>>54989774
>Corvus black star
>same model
>storm talon
>available to anyone else but vanilla
>>
>>54988901
5000 points of tau
2500 of dark angels
2000 of 30k custodes
I want to start either a guard/DE/thousand sons army next.
>>
File: 1165143.jpg (163KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1165143.jpg
163KB, 1600x1067px
>>54989551
>"I have no argument so i'll just call him an npc. That'll show him!"
>>
>>54989433
Anyone chime in on this'n?
>>
>>54989813
>nerve status; struck
>>
>>54988901
I have about 4000 points of Grey Knights (even though 8th helped with that, I haven't bought any new models since it dropped and I only had a bit over 3000 back then). My GK still need a single Purgation Squad, and then I'm done buying new models for them.
I also have about 2500 points of Tyranids. They are also actually completed, however I might get another SC!Tyranids so that I can convert myself a Cthulu Style Hive Tyrant.
>>
>>54989722
>excuse
?
>>
>>54988901

20, although 10 of those are just a handful of models.

I like miniatures so I will keep buying new ones until they stop making ones I like.
>>
>>54989531
Primaris can also use the OG brick with stubby wings.
>>
>>54989828
The NPCfag does have a point
Marines have the easiest time when changing armies on the fly.

No idea why some marinesfag get so triggerd about this fact
>>
>>54988901
Currently zero :(
I used to have a whole bunch of armies, but sold them all off years ago when I was trying to pretend I was a cool guy to no effect.
Thinking of breaking back into it once Orks get their dex.
>>
>>54988901
<1000 tau
I dunno, I wanna collect tons
>>
>>54989598
The bitch on the front cover of GW's audiobook looks more like Judge Anderson from the Dredd movie.
>>
>>54989791
Maybe give the warriors Boneswords/Spinefists if you still want to run them and don't even bother with a cannon. They still end up being the cheapest synapse you can field, but now they can rape face in melee by dumping a lot of attacks at a unit via pistol shots and bonesword whacks. Also, don't really bother with Toxin Sacs.....ever, I've run those on Hormaguants, a Trygon, even Raveners (they got better this edition) and it still barely justifies itself. If the codex swaps it back to guaranteed wounds on 4+, that would greatly help, but as they are now don't bother.
>>
>>54989871
>>54989598
>all women look the same
>>
>>54989871
I want a sequel.
>>
File: roundtree.jpg (37KB, 694x488px) Image search: [Google]
roundtree.jpg
37KB, 694x488px
You walk into your local Warhammer store and run into a Kevin Derek Roundtree.

Wat do?
>>
>>54988944
This
>>
>>54989903
Rountree, Anon.
>>
>>54989889
>looks like
>exactly the same
Go finger your freebleeding cunt, femtard.
>>
>>54989903
Where are the plastic Sisters of Battle? It has been more than two decades now.

Failing that stop nuking list builders if you are not going to make a proper one yourself.
>>
>>54989871
She is guard though.

>>54989902
there will be a tv series

>>54989472
Lol, tiny armsmen
>>
>>54989903
Who is this Roundtree guy?
>>
>>54989887
No toxin sacs here boss. And I'll consider the spinefists.
>>
>>54989929
>Judges
>Guard
Are you a retard or just very young?
>>
>>54989329
>>54989212

Nope. They already announced the pre-orders for week 5 and it's AoS shit, and it's likely that 6 will also be AoS. Deathguard aren't until the end of September.
>>
>>54988901
1, and 1. Well over 5000 points of Guard, with a smattering of other imperium units, and I've never wanted anything else.
>>
How to use basic csm? Are black legion stratagem and trait good enough to make them work?
>>
>>54989903
I ask how he fucking did it, the fucking madman.
He somehow managed to make his company hit an all time high in value while simultaneously doing all the shit that everyone claims to hate (invalidating old armies, simplifying the game, raising prices EVEN HIGHER, reboxing old models and calling them a new release, just general judaism).
Either /tg/ is wrong about everything or Rountree is some kind of fucking wizard.
>>
Am I still a WAACfag for wraith heavy lists in this edition?
>>
>>54989946
She's not an Arbite m8, she's a guard vet
>>
>>54989903
tell him to get new writers.
>>
>>54989935
Current CEO of Games Workshop. Generally given credit for turning GW around after the disastrous latter years of former CEO Tom Kirby's "leadership".
>>
>>54989440
My list is a bit weak already because it's designed around melee but it still sucks having my entire army shift, my dragoons now feel useless and so do my breachers, I don't think the breachers have even wounded a rhino for me yet.
>>
>>54989946
>A former Imperial Guardswoman's first mission for the Inquisition pits her against shadowy foes.

Get rekt
>>
>>54989980
5 man squad with Melta, Combi-melta is pretty effective. Put two of those squads in a single Rhino.
>>
>>54989929
>She is guard though.
How does that preclude these two characters of separate franchises from looking alike?
>>
>>54989946
I can read, compaňero.
>>
I've been tempted to pick up Chaos. Chaosfags, sell me on your god. Currently, Nurgle looks least appealing. Khorne has a nice metal vibe, Tzeentch has a great surreal aesthetic, and Slaanesh would be nice for a vaporwave themed force, with the whole aesthetics thing and all.
>>
File: Valk.jpg (88KB, 1214x720px) Image search: [Google]
Valk.jpg
88KB, 1214x720px
How the fuck are the gunners' hands supposed to attach to the heavy bolters in a Valkyrie? The triggers don't fit into the slot on the back of the gun.
>>
It's Guard or Orks and maybe I'm leaning towards Guard now because of the greater tactical options available. Would 2 Scion SC boxes with a Defense Force be a good idea to start? What's min-max points cost that those models reach?
>>
File: 1481280381928.jpg (147KB, 550x425px) Image search: [Google]
1481280381928.jpg
147KB, 550x425px
>>54990051
Why choose?
>>
>>54988901
Nids, Necrons, Iron Warriors (30k), Cryx (WMH)
>>
>>54990017
What about 20 csm blobs? To make the most of my CP?
>>
>>54989800
Do nids or orks. Not 1ksons that's just more shooting in power armor.
>>
>>54990051
Have a couple squads of all of the ones you like, it's what I've done and it's allowed for a nice variance in my lists
>>
Not enoughsoul grinder deployment I swear.
>>
>>54990079
>>54990115
So Chaos doesn’t penalize you for mixing subfactions? That's good to know. What's a good starting point? I like Tzeentch and Slaanesh best, but Khorne is also pretty neat.
>>
>>54990051
>Nurgle looks least appealing
get out
>>
>>54989500
Don't buy it unless you have access to a Machine Shop to assemble the damn thing. A friend of mine paid me 40$ to assemble the FIRE RAPTOR, which is like half the size of the Stormbird. I spent 4 weeks, 1 hour a night every single day wearing a respirator, with a set of tongs and a gas stove, an electric sander, and a dremel tool.

And after spending 28 hours of consequtive work, I had only finished the Fuselage. NOTHING FITS TOGETHER WITHOUT THE ASSISTANCE OF FUCKING POWER TOOLS.
>>
>>54990100
Cultists with a leadership boosting character do the job of blobs much better.
>>
>>54989821
If you're going only Khorne then build it as a Skullcannon because it's one of the very few ranged weapons you get if not build the chariot
>>
>>54988901
I've got 4000 points of Grey Knights, 3000 of Khorne Daemons, 1500 of Imperial Knights, 1000 of Skitarii, the Dark Imperium box, and 2000 Tyranids.

I also have 4000 Lizardmen/Seraphon.
>>
>>54990139
Daemons or Mortals?
>>
File: MagnusRant.gif (6MB, 358x202px) Image search: [Google]
MagnusRant.gif
6MB, 358x202px
I'm looking to build a thousand Sons army when I get money again.

fluff-wise, I plan to make it a proper amalgamation of prodigal and loyalist Sons, with paints to match, so I want to fit magnus and ahriman both.

Assuming I don't run any tzeentch daemons, can someone recommend me a list of stuff to pick up for a decent, fluffy 2000 point list? I have no idea where to start.
>>
>>54990051
I personally recommend Slaanesh out of pure personal bias.
Emperor's Children are fast, able to take lots of assault options, and second only to Khorne in melee.
Daemons of Slaanesh are fast and good at wiping out hordes.
Slaanesh powers are pretty good too, the daemon powers are a little unimpressive but the Delightful Agonies power makes any unit a tank.
>>
>>54990158
>grey knights
>khorne daemons
Something doesn't seem right here
>>
>>54990166
Daemons. The only mortal units that look appealing are terminators, warpsmiths, and daemon engines.
>>
File: tumblr_oahkuqqido1s0p7kpo1_500.jpg (135KB, 500x664px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oahkuqqido1s0p7kpo1_500.jpg
135KB, 500x664px
>>54990051
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR

you get to scream this at every game. Also the kings of melee right now.
>>
>>54990179
2 sets of Rubrics, 3 sets of Tzaangors. Scarab occult termies, Ahriman. Something to punch armor so maybe a helbrute or 2.
Actually, just buy rubrics for now. Assemble and paint them and take your time until the codex drops.
>>
>>54990139
It does and it doesn't. Go look at the new codex first. Right now the only things that don't function well with chaos undivided is god specific psyker powers, daemon prince buff, picking a god specific legion, aura, and the lords on daemonic steeds auras. Look through the codex and see which stuff looks cool and seems to fit your desired play style
>>
>>54989598
Reminds me of Winona Ryder for some reason
>>
>>54990139
Khorne Berzerkers and Daemon Princes skyrocketed across the board with Warptime. That being World Eaters + any legion that can cast powers.
>>
>>54990051
Undivided warband, then fluff out all your exalted champions and how the differen't fallowers interact with eachother.
>>
>>54990183
I'm liking the sound of that. I've only played shooty armies up to this point, a stabby army could be fun.

>>54990204
Plus, if I ever want to start a metal band, I can just copyright proof a batrep of one of my games to write songs.
>>54990222
>>54990249
I'm leaning more toward daemons than CSM. Nearly everyone at the LGS is either SM or CSM.
>>
>>54990051
Go with Thousand my wife's Sons, they have the nicest looking models and are getting their own codex soon (so is Deathguard)

Also Magnus is awesome if you want to use him.
>>
>>54990254
That's sounding good to me.
>>
>>54990193
Daemons don't mix as well since the buff auras from the hqs are god specific, a khrone aura buffs only khorne units, etc. You can still mix gods, you just will want dedicated roles for each god for what they do best and an HQ to accompany them for buffs.
>>
File: Gun.jpg (2MB, 3104x1557px) Image search: [Google]
Gun.jpg
2MB, 3104x1557px
>>54990064
The trigger/hands part doesn't fit in the slot on the back of the gun. Am I supposed to file the shit out of it?
>>
>>54989418
So marinelets actually convince themselves that their color of choice is as much variety as entire different xenos factions? Explains why marines sell like hotcakes. The colors must remind their target audience of those tasty tasty crayons they like so much.
>>
>>54989036
So why are you falseflagging and trying to make guard players sound like whiny cunts? I'm sick of Guardanon profiling.
>>
>>54989472
I swear, all inquisitors are almost obligated to start out with a band of tough but sexy imperial guard/arbites/stormtroopers...but once you live long enough as an inquisitor you hand them all in/get them killed, and replace them with a quirky band of weirdos that in most places would be shot on sight.
>>
>>54990289
Read the instructions?

Isn't there a small bit that attaches the gun to that hand bit?

Been ages since I built it
>>
>>54990321
yeah and then you get a daemonhost and a marine from the alpha legion
>>
>>54989581
Thanks, friend-o.
>>
DE player here:

So I just finished building a Drazhar, and I'd like to use him at least a few times. I'm currently running small variations on pic related(RIP list builder), and I'm considering dropping the spearhead and a talos, as well as my Archon, in favour of him.

Thoughts? Maybe a better replacement?
>>
File: Cadia.png (928KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Cadia.png
928KB, 854x480px
explain this shit

how did Cadia fall when it's not even in the rift?
>>
>>54989531
don't be rude about fw staff
>>
>>54990363
cadia got blown the fuck up before the rift happened.
>>
>>54989821
I think I preferred the old beastman looking bloodletter model. Yours looks pretty good though. Not sure about the yellow but that's just me. Whole thing works
>>
>>54990334
>Read the instructions.
You mean the ones that don't show where to connect this and have no explanation? Smart!

>>54990334
>Isn't there a small bit that attaches the gun to that hand bit?
There's a little slot on the back of the gun that the hand-piece doesn't fit in. Hence my first question.

Unless it's supposed to attach onto the bottom of the back, in which case it seems kind of retarded.
>>
>>54990187
>Started Lizardmen sometime ago
>Noone plays fantasy/sigmar
>buy daemons to play both
>see grey knight helmets and want them

Although I just bought and painted Anggrath recently.
>>
File: 250.jpg (21KB, 250x383px) Image search: [Google]
250.jpg
21KB, 250x383px
>>54990266
I know less about Daemons, but 10 Bloodletters can decimate a Terminator Assault squad for a fraction of the cost, very good at killing MEQs and TEQs. The Bloodthrister is one of the single creepiest things to face in the entire game, and is only greater daemon with 3 variants, all of which are awesome. And Bloodcrushers were buffed this edition, you you've got nothing to lose.

Keep in mind though that all Daemons infantry (even nurgle) are quite fragalie and are not very mobile (even slaneesh). You'll want to always field your infantry at max unit strenght, regardless of which god you choose.
>>
>>54990363
Cadia fell well before the rift existed. A Blackstone fortress fell on it.
>>
>>54990266
Well if you want Daemons the Slaanesh Chariots are awesome.
You know those old push lawnmowers? The ones with no engine? Imagine someone took one of those, made it into a chariot, assigned daemonic serpent horses to pull said chariot, and made it's main method of attack crashing the spinning death wheels into the enemy.
You can run one as a Herald too for bonus psychic power.
Slaanesh Discipline isn't as good as it was last edition, but Cacophonic Choir can do some damage to low leadership units, symphony of pain makes your opponents less dangerous, and hysterical frenzy can potentially net you a second fight phase, though with the way anyone can fall back from combat that last one isn't really worth taking.
>>
>>54990285
Daemon princes buff both types of heretic though.
>>
>>54990187
I collect Daemons and Grey Knights as well.

>tho my Daemons are mostly Tzeentch.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (33KB, 420x348px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
33KB, 420x348px
>>54990382
Read the instructions next time instead of being a smart ass.
I can clearly see you left off the bit I'm talking about
>>
>>54990363
>being this uninformed
>>
What are the Chaos Gods made of?

Emotion?
Souls?
Emotionally charged souls?
>>
>>54990420
One is attached and the other is not.

So the answer is to file it the fuck down because their instructions are not possible.
>>
>>54990440
emotions
they eat souls
>>
>>54989851
Manta are Tau's original answer to Titans, until FW er I mean the Ethereals caved in and made the T'aunar Supremacy Armor.
>>
>>54990440
Emojis.
>>
>>54990457
>they eat souls
For what
>>
Any idea when Orks are going to be getting their codex, or at least an update of some kind?

I need to find out if my looted vehicles are garbage or illegal AND garbage.
>>
>>54990481
food.
>>
>>54990479
god this film is cancer
>>
>>54990488
Probably illegal
>>
File: 1499734015337.png (133KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1499734015337.png
133KB, 560x407px
What sort of equipment do I need beyond paints? I'm about to dive in to Warhammer and want to do it right. I figure a good tarp, sprue cutters will suffice? Lend me your wisdom.
>>
>>54990479
Come on now, the chaos gods aren't THAT evil and degenerate.
>>
>>54990156
Cool deal thanks broseph!
>>
>>54990500
But why do sentient emotions need to eat?
>>
>>54990537
sprue cutters, plastic and super glue, a good, wide variety of brushes, brush cleaner(not available from warhammer), greenstuff if you want to do converting, and a drill if you want to add detail like gun barrels or magnetize.
>>
>>54990488
>>54990523
Orks will be getting their codex next year along with all the other npc races. This year is Imperium and Chaos shit.

Also I'm pretty sure you can use looted vehicles but they have to count as an ork vehicle.
>>
>>54990478
>Manta are Tau's original answer to Titans

I'm pretty sure that is the Tigershark, especially given the loadout named "titan killer"
>>
>>54990540
That movie is literally the best source of Slaaneshi Literature we have invented to date.
>>
>>54990537
I find a hobby knife (X-ACTO knife) is pretty useful. You also, of course, need some super glue, and depending on what army you're playing, maybe "green stuff" or "blue stuff" and modelling putty.
>>
>>54990309
Maybe the fact that the notion of any IG player at all not being le bro tier /hfy/ life of the party who only plays for fun sends you REEEEing, is part of why people profile IGs as whiny cunts.
>>
>>54990585
Slaanesh demands perfection and beauty. That film is just shitty Tau propaganda.
>>
>>54990567
Ever seen moody overly emotional people? They binge eat. And you are what you eat, so when you're made of feeling, you eat feeling
>>
>>54990567
Eating souls give psychic power. More psychic power means stronger entity. Stronger entity means more influence on reality. More influence on reality means more followers means more more emotions given to them directly. Means also stronger entity.
>>
>>54990537
Sprue cutters, hobby knife, personally I just use a plastic-bodied stanley knife instead of an xacto but either works, files for neatening up stuff, drill for barrels and sometimes pinning big stuff, plastic glue and superglue for different materials and greenstuff for gapfilling and converting.
>>
>>54990585
Explain.
>>
>>54990573
>>54990590
>>54990635
Thanks anons. Excited to start on some models this weekend!
>>
>>54990537
Remember to get a bright desk lamp and perhaps a hobby vice.
>>
>>54990363
CADIA WAS AN INSIDE JOB!
>>
>>54990612
>>54990622
But if you are what you eat then they are souls as much as they are emotions.
>>
>>54990674
yes
>>
>>54990215
Is there any legitimate word of a drop date on the TS codex? Just started a TS and daemon army.
>>
>>54990672
WARP FUEL CAN'T MELT PYLON STEEL
>>
>>54990691
Soon according to the facebook page
>>
>>54990648
What are you thinking of starting with anon? Any armies/factions grabbed your interest?
>>
>>54990691
Not yet. But DESU, I'd expect them to be a "filler" codex (like GKs and CSM) and be released sometime this year.
>>
>>54989981

>invalidating old armies
true, sucks pretty hard for those players
>simplifying the game (40k)
so far I think this has been a net positive, actually. We lost some depth but we lost more bloat.
>Higher prices
But also opportunities to circumvent that like very good start collecting kits
>reboxing old models
a lot of people wanted these OOP models back, so they came back...is this bad?

Personally I think this guy is a fucking champion. GW and 40k are in better places than they have been in ages, and even Sigmar is better than it was.
>>
>>54990579
But orks don't have tanks from what I remember.

And I've got 2 leman russes, a basilisk and a muhreen predator all converted into proppa ork fashion.
>>
>>54990606
But all of our Guardanons ARE bro-tier
>>
>>54990537
Small set of jewelers files for mold lines.
>>
>>54990682
Which them would imply all living things with a soul eventually form part of those Gods if they are eaten. Which would explain why Bloodletters are made in 'pools of blood collected from the material realm' and Plaguebearers being people who died from nurgle's rot.
>>
>>54990715
>filler codex

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>54990156
thing is it's a bit shit

d3 hits at s8 doing d3 wounds is ok at best, but it only has -1ap. what exactly is it supposed to be killing?

the herald is straight up good at what it does. the skull cannon is a weird hybrid thing that is not great at any of the things it does
>>
>>54990715
>filler codex
Explain
>>
>>54990734
Thinner book not like space marines.
>>
>>54990761
Anon, no codex is as big as the SM codex. You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>54990761
So like 7th Scions or Harlequins?
>>
>>54990722
>a lot of people wanted these OOP models back, so they came back...is this bad?

No, this is about changing the box art for a plastic unit released like a year or two ago, then slapping a price increase on that box.
>>
>>54989036

>Mechvets
>Flamers
>Plasma
>Only 20 Conscripts
>No Psykers
>Ratlings

he deserves worse. playing guard is suffering but you have to at least try to drown your opponent in corpses before complaining.
>>
>>54990706
>>54990715
They better not make me wait till next year. :(
>>
>>54990809
see you 2019 t. bananafag
>>
>>54988901
Ive owned every army in 40k and fantasy at least once, some multiple times.

Right now I have

>sisters of battle
>20,000 points of orks
>8000 points of Empire
>megarachnids
>>
>>54990707
I'm starting with Death Guard as my initial army before moving into World Eaters/Night Lords.
>>
File: BloodSlaughterer04.jpg (95KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
BloodSlaughterer04.jpg
95KB, 800x680px
>move 16" a turn
>7 S10 Ap-3 attacks, extra two vs infantry
>hits on 3+. doesn't degrade
>5++ and infernal regeneration
>same defenses as a rhino
>mfw this thing only costs 180pts and can kill a land raider in a turn
I love FW.
>>
>>54990734
>>54990759
They're the filler between the "big" codices.

Grey Knights and Chaos Space Marines were the "filler" codices between the Space Marine release and the Death Guard release

>fillers won't get new models and probably are 2 codices a fill.
>>
>>54988901
lets see
for 40k I gots Orks (in the mail), Eldar scattered about, Talons of the Emprah
also a bunch of big fantasy armies

only recently been getting into 40k after fantasy blew up and I'm backlogging myself to hell and back
>>
>>54990809
Quit your whining, most people have to wait.
But apparently you don't have to wait long at all
>>
>>54990870
>Chaos Space Marines isn't a big codex
>>
>>54990895
Where's all your new kits you got with your codex?

Oh wait you didn't get ANYTHING.
>>
Has anyone used Repentia before? I have 9 plus the Mistress and I thought about loading 8 with the Mistress and a Priest in a Rhino. They seem like they do great damage, especially with the mistress allowing them to re-roll charges and attacks.
>>
File: tenor.gif (226KB, 498x278px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
226KB, 498x278px
>>54990913
>>
>>54988901
5000+ Night Lords
2000 Sisters of Silence

I'm honestly thinking of selling the bulk of my stuff and strictly collecting Kill Teams. I've already bought lots of terrain and I plan on buying more.
>>
File: 1420585311169.gif (532KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1420585311169.gif
532KB, 480x360px
>>54990913
>>
File: IMG_1598.jpg (85KB, 495x636px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1598.jpg
85KB, 495x636px
>>54990913
W-we got exalted champions! It doesn't matter if that just adds another unit we don't have models for!
>>
>>54990913
Even GKs got a conversion, that had to be nerfed really soon
>>
File: AspiringChampion.jpg (39KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
AspiringChampion.jpg
39KB, 600x620px
>>54991017
>that just adds another unit we don't have models for!
Except we do.
>>
File: 1473826347907.jpg (36KB, 379x395px) Image search: [Google]
1473826347907.jpg
36KB, 379x395px
>>54991018
>just convert your GKGM!
>what? Droppods? It's not chaosy, CSM fuck off
>>
File: IMG_1594.gif (698KB, 256x209px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1594.gif
698KB, 256x209px
>>54991073
Thats the aspiring champion. And he doesn't have any options, and I already have to use him as a chaos lord because the one they sell is atrocious.
>>
>>54988901
>How many armies have you accumulated
Sisters (first army), Nids*, Orks (plus some Diggas), DE*, Ulthwe Eldar*, Marines, AdMech, IG (Catachan), IG (Necromundan), IG (1e Guard), Inquisition (Deathwatch and Hereticus both), Kroot mercenaries*, and Crusade of the Red Redemption (always an ally list but they actually had unique army stuff back in 4-5e)
* = sold or traded.
I've also done Imperial Fists, Tyranid, and Black Templar armies on commission, but they don't really count.
I have a bunch of Zone Mortalis Navy Ratings and some assorted minor Xenos, but those are for skirmish gaming and not "armies" per se.

>how many many more do you intend to accumulate?
None, really. Getting some Chaos and Genestealer cultists to reinforce my ZM skirmish forces, and replacing the Genestealers one of my brothers swiped to bring my 1e Space Hulk sets back up to 100%, but other than that I'm happy with where I am.
>>
>>54991127
That's the model for Vrosh tattersoul who was an exalted champion before they were even a thing. He's actual got his own dataslate now where he is basically an exalted champion.
>>
File: 40kWalken.jpg (18KB, 400x492px) Image search: [Google]
40kWalken.jpg
18KB, 400x492px
>>54989472
So, does anybody have a link to share?
>>
>>54991127
>the one they sell is atrocious.
He looks bretty good imo.

GW doesn't care about non-cult Chaos. Death Guard and maybe Thousand Sons will get new models, then after all existing factions get their codex World Eaters and Emperor's Children will get their respective models and codex.
>>
File: CM 8th.jpg (136KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
CM 8th.jpg
136KB, 1334x750px
>>54991173
>>54991173
>>54991190
>bother to make them unique characters
>literally dont give them anything unique
What's even the point?
>>
File: IMG_1672.jpg (60KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1672.jpg
60KB, 600x620px
>>54991190
That dudes from the 7th starter. I'm talking about this guy.
>>
Is everything going monopose lately? I'm starting to get worried.
>>
>>54988901
>ultramarines
>dark eldar
>world eaters
>orks
Fug.
>>
Anons, I want to do a Guard army with a modern military-ish feel. All Scions, with some deep striking and the others in Chimeras/Tauroxes, but I have heard that mech Guard is dead. Wat do?
>>
>>54991216
idk the full sprues for the previously snapfit models look fine
>>
>>54991190
>World Eaters and Emperor's Children
>right after literally everyone else
>tail end of 8e
Oh fuck no
>>
>>54991243
Isn't the taurox something like 30 shots for under 100 points?

Yes, you can't driveby like you used to, but tanks out the arse will never get old.
>>
>>54991215
use the terminator lord he's got a good model
>>
>>54991243
>not playing a fun list because its not the most optimal one
WAACfags pls go
>>
>>54991207
Anyone got a better photo of this plus with the other models from the set (if they have any other datasheets for them)

I've just started a Thousand Sons army, but only got a handful at the minute and was wanting my set from the Dark Vengence set to boost my Chaos army up a bit.
>>
>>54991243
Nothings dead unless it's prevented by the rules, or your playing against some faggot tourny people.
>>
>>54991243
Scions are really good as far as I know
Taurox gets the Heavy 20 dakka and the infantry shit out special weapons like nobody's business
>>
>>54991190
>GW doesn't care about non-cult Chaos.
Truth.
If I didn't already have so many HH models, I would probably drop CSM. We're never getting anything new, and now that we have our Codex, we're 100% finished.
>b-b-but look at all the Deathguard and thousand sons!
That's like telling a blood angels player he shouldn't complain because Dark Angels got a Codex with the Lion. Then again, son Marine flavors have very little to complain about this edition anyway, but still.
>>
>>54991216
Looks like they milked the snapposes hard. But also creating multi-part kits as well.
>>
>>54991293
I've just built some sisters of silence to go with saint celestine.

All monopose unless you really hack it to fuck. Some genestealer cultists I bought a while back weren't a lot better. Seems they don't want it to be as easy to make your spacemans different from one another as it used to be.
>>
>>54991259
Doubt it, they're releasing monthly codexes. By logic all factions should be done by early next year, and I doubt they'll jump editions that fast.
>>
File: IMG_0986.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0986.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>54991271
Thank goodness they do. Also it's one of the things that made me start doing conversions. So i guess the lact of proper models isn't such a bad thing.
>>
File: 1445406303733.png (486KB, 526x700px) Image search: [Google]
1445406303733.png
486KB, 526x700px
Harlequins in 8th edition, yay or nay? My DE are doing pretty well but i'm getting tempted by a seriously low model count force of absolute CC murder and harlies fit the bill. I can deal with the learning curve (played DE since 3rd ed so I know pain) and i'm just curious as to what /tg/ thinks of them.
>>
>>54989903
slap his ass and grin at his wife
>>
File: ravens-17.jpg (2MB, 3161x1613px) Image search: [Google]
ravens-17.jpg
2MB, 3161x1613px
>>54990142
Apparently you suck then because it took me about 6 hours to build two.
>>
File: 1470195308033.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1470195308033.gif
2MB, 500x281px
How has progress on the listbuilder revival gone? I've been away a while, so I'm out of the loop on almost everything.
>>
>>54991373
He got a shit one that was poorly cast.
>>
>>54991276
It's literally just index rules they put in the DV starter set before they stopped selling it.
>>
>>54991190
Thousand Sons got their new models last year
>>
>>54991285
I don't see why Khorne wouldn't be getting new models with the eventual WE release or KDK update. We're one of the most played Chaos factions. If Death Guard became their own thing all of the sudden, there is little doubt in my mind that at least Berzerkers will be updated.
>>
File: IMG_1470.gif (402KB, 250x170px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1470.gif
402KB, 250x170px
>>54991373
This man rapid assaults.
>>
>>54991273
It feels good to play a Melee Centric Necron army
>>
>>54991405
They're probably waiting for a slump, Because it's such a popular faction they're most likely try and give it some room so it doesn't overshadow something else.
>>
>>54991395
Possible. However, the way the hull pieces fit together isn't obvious. You need to stop and look at them properly rather than trying to force them fit the obvious way.
>>
>>54991243
They are great. Taurox Primes are amazing.
>>
>>54991373

10/10 would eliminate xenos filth with
>>
Alrighty
I'm making a pirate-y Orks army but I can't find a good pirate hat for my warboss
I know that Flash Gitz have pirate hats but I'll have Flash Gitz already and don't want everyone wearing the same hats
>>
File: dorn.png (133KB, 315x250px) Image search: [Google]
dorn.png
133KB, 315x250px
>>54989864
Never sell your toys anon. Never.
Never sell your guns, never sell your motorcycle, never sell your minis.

Money waxes and wanes, especially now with the government fucking it up. Would you rather be the old guy with a bunch of cool old stuff, or an old guy with a bunch of monopoly money?
>>
File: Armies.jpg (3MB, 1920x4283px) Image search: [Google]
Armies.jpg
3MB, 1920x4283px
>>54988901
This is some of the stuff I've built and painted since 5th edition (been playing since 1st).

Since those pics there's about 7K more Tau painted.

Built but still to paint is a load more IG, a 2K marine army specifically for Zone Mortalis and a 2K Grey Knight army.
>>
>>54991496

https://www.blackscorpionminiatures.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=129&osCsid=33mlibdumpeg05f7u333ams7n1

AVAST, YE GIT
>>
>>54989036
>because I brought 6 battle tanks
He brought 6 vehicles as well

>when he had an anti infantry list
So he was a fucking idiot who tried to list tailor against you and failed?
>>
>>54991496
AOS free guilds have hats you can get off bitz resellers

other than that, greenstuff
>>
>>54991496
Kromlech has Orc Pirate heads.
>>
>>54991518
2nd and 3rd looking bretty good, I would've gone for a lighter shade of red on those BA myself.
>>
>>54991568
Yeah, that army sucks pretty bad.
>>
What provides good ranged support for footslogging berzerker squads? I considered allying in some Russes or Basilisks, or getting a predator or two for ranged AT, but I don't know.
>>
File: IMG_0908.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0908.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>54991243

mechanized is dead in the sense that they are no longer efficient at outright winning games. That doesn't mean it doesn't work, it's just not optimal.

The chimera took a serious blow this edition, with 50% higher cost, loss of fire points, loss of command vehicle, and loss of amphibious with nothing to show for it other than lasgun arrays.

More than anything else, the fact that you can no longer shoot from vehicles means that they are just taxis now, not support vehicles and certainly not mobile bunkers like they used to be.

That being said, the taurox and taurox prime both both big buffs this editions and are now basically good enough to be light tanks. They put out absurd firepower for their points, and with tougher vehicles being the norm now stay on the field longer. As a steel legion player I admit this bothers me more than a bit, since it seems like GW has been wanking this damned truck ever since they shit the model out and now the chimera has suffered for their favoritism. Nonetheless, the tauroxen are very cost effective gun platforms.

Games as mech guard won't be as merciless as infantry spam guard, but honestly that's a good thing in this edition since conscripts and drop scions are OP right now. People will enjoy playing against you more.
>>
>18 khorne berzerkers with apostle and exalted champion in a kharbydis
y/n?
>>
File: 1502644144129.png (142KB, 473x462px) Image search: [Google]
1502644144129.png
142KB, 473x462px
>>54991590
Go for a killshot.

Should cover your entire AT needs.
>>
File: deathmongers.png (440KB, 449x502px) Image search: [Google]
deathmongers.png
440KB, 449x502px
This lore is kinda neat.
>>
>>54991590
Chaos Land Raider, Spartan Assault Tank or two Predators.

Alternatively get two slaughter ticks and you won't need ranged support.
>>
>>54990420
ANGRY GUARDFAG BTFO HAHHAHAHA!
>>
>>54991712
edgemeisters 5000
>>
File: No dick is as hard as life.jpg (67KB, 640x619px) Image search: [Google]
No dick is as hard as life.jpg
67KB, 640x619px
I've got some more rumors if anybody's interested.
Just don't send them to the fucking sites, alright?
>>
>>54988901
i had 4 four armies one time but has trimmed it down to one
>>
>>54991751
gimme
>>
>>54991597
I think that while the Chimera is definitely the worst of the Guard DTs now, it's not genuinely bad.

In fact you'd probably be hard pressed to find a genuinely shit unit in the Guard index this edition. Even Veterans have a place because they're BS3.
>>
Can I field two weirdboyz and have them both take "Da Jump" as their psychic power? I've been told I can't but I don't know why I can't have two units have the same psychic power other than smite.
>>
>>54991751
I'm only interested if it's sisters.

And it's never sisters.
>>
>>54991782
cute cat
>>
>>54991783
>>54991597
The Chimera isn't great, true, however, it's a great transport for Bullgryn because it can hold 4.
>>
File: aXm8778xjU.jpg (60KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm8778xjU.jpg
60KB, 650x650px
>>54991751
bring them forth brother
>>
>>54989144
Warpsmith are worth it even if you have no vehicles at all just from their array of guns with bs2.
>>
File: napoleon se demande pourquoi.jpg (52KB, 595x720px) Image search: [Google]
napoleon se demande pourquoi.jpg
52KB, 595x720px
>>54991750

this is 40k we're talking about m8
>>
File: dmNiHMQ.png (215KB, 624x861px) Image search: [Google]
dmNiHMQ.png
215KB, 624x861px
>>54991751
>>
>>54991789
They can both have smite. They just can't both cast it during the same psychic phase.
>>
>>54991789
Multiple psykers can know the same power.
Multiple psykers can't attempt the same non-smite power in the same turn during matched play.
>>
>>54991882
>>54991789
So I guess that means you can't cast Psychic Barrier multiple times a phase?
>>
>>54991819
yeah but there is cool edgefaggory and lazy this is lazy generic edge 'and then this and then this' type shit
>>
>>54991541
KRUMP DA LANDLUBBAZ
>>54991555
empire hats dont quite fit the bill, may end up having to learn how to greenstuff gud.
>>54991556
Yeah they have lots but the faces are plenty goofy, look like old school orks
>>
>>54991868
Wrong, you can cast smite multiple times. You can't attempt to cast powers other than smite more than once per turn in matched play.
>>
File: IMG_0856.png (331KB, 860x467px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0856.png
331KB, 860x467px
>>54990607
I'm sure pic related works
>>
Show me your kitbashes, /40k/
>>
>>54992003
Kars is a Slaaensh daemon prince, obviously.
>>
File: 37a.jpg (114KB, 1262x705px) Image search: [Google]
37a.jpg
114KB, 1262x705px
>>54992003
but Karstodes is an honorable imperial
>>
>>54992037
Jorge Joestar Kars > Slaanesh though
>>
File: baller.png (633KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
baller.png
633KB, 700x400px
>>54991712
The Renegades lore is sick as heck.
It's also good to see some pinkmarines.
>>
>>54992050
Jorge Joestar Kars is a literal god. Whether of Chaos or Order, I can't say, but a god nonetheless.
>>
File: pgUOhHz[1].jpg (251KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pgUOhHz[1].jpg
251KB, 1024x768px
>>54992027
You've got it, Boss.

Did these two Meganob conversions last night, but no one cared.
>>
>>54992055
>Gallus Herodicus

That's a bid on the nose, almost as bad as Sven Wulfbad
>>
>>54992055
I love the Renegades lore.

Only thing that really grates is not being able to use VotLW.
>>
File: rFT8DLk[1].jpg (206KB, 1024x638px) Image search: [Google]
rFT8DLk[1].jpg
206KB, 1024x638px
>>54992083
Back view
>>
>>54992071
It's funny how the crazy shit is only about half that LN but it's the only part people remember.
>>
File: 5d8583adb40e.jpg (106KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
5d8583adb40e.jpg
106KB, 720x540px
>>54992027

Yes, they are stupidly bright. No, I will not wash them.
>>
>>54992083
>>54992108
Holy fuck im pleased. If I ever start a new army, it would probably be Ork. You can have ALL the fun with kitbash, and I have so much bits.

Post them again when you paint them, I hope I'll see them.
>>
>>54992126
you need to do a big walker in your Tonka color scheme, i like it
>>
>>54992126
Nice kitbash, I like the look but
NULN OIL I BEG YOU PLEASE NULN OIL NULN OIL AND OXYD LIKE COLOR I BEG YOU NULN OIL
>>
>>54991812
Yeah, it's definitely a good manbaby truck.

Especially since ogryns are good on their own now. Short of a valkyrie it's probably the best way to guarantee that bonus attack on the charge.
>>
>>54992117
I mean, most people only know about it from other people talking about the crazy stuff, but haven't actually read it.
>>
File: 1503083641898.png (28KB, 548x504px) Image search: [Google]
1503083641898.png
28KB, 548x504px
>>54991782
>>54991794
>>54991813
>>54991855
Two new things. I'll start with the shakier one.

1. Fabius Bile will be released with a personal guard of "Chaos Primaris". Several of these are female, or at least extremely effeminate.

New boxed game coming out, Sisters vs. AdMech. Up to four players with one AdMech guy each fight against a large amount of Sisters, with the fifth player working as a GM and controls the SoB. The Sisters are all unique (think Silver Tower Kairic Acolytes) and are led by a Canoness/Sister Superior. This fig will be later available in stores and features a swappable head as well as weapons, standard fare.
The kit will also include a monopose Penitent Engine, male. The later planned PenEng kit for store release will include both male and female bodies, as well as a wide array of different weapons and cowls (heads) for the pilot.
The AdMech guys is where things get interesting. They're all considered heretics by the SoBs, causing the core conflict of the game.
They're on a quest for some kind of chaos artifact, whoever gets the artifact first will be corrupted and gain powers, moving the game into the next phase.
Each AdMech guy has two figures, one uncorrupted and one corrupted. AdMech players roll a dice and pick one if they're undecided. The idea is that whoever gets his guy corrupted will swap out his fig for the corrupted one, each of the four are being designed with a Chaos god in mind.
Name of the box game is a WIP but is known internally as Infotomb.
Sorry for the long-ass post but keep this safe and screencap it if need be. Do not share it.
>>
>>54992117
I got the Jorge Joestar PDF. Anyone want to see it?
>>
File: 20160921_110810.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160921_110810.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>54992027
As you wish.

Taurox Prime

1/?
>>
>>54992206
Lmao lying cuck
>>
File: IMG_1793.jpg (921KB, 2369x3159px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1793.jpg
921KB, 2369x3159px
>>54992027
Newly minted (Black fleet)Archon!
>>
>>54992206
Are you Grand Cultivator and Primaris leaker?
>>
File: 20160921_182042.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160921_182042.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>54992224

Thunderer Siege Tank

2/?
>>
>>54992206
I want to believe you so bad, if that's at all true I'll be getting sisteers instead of World Eaters after all.
>>
File: 20161214_000951.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161214_000951.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>54992258

Ministorum Priest

3/?
>>
File: 1502394187781.jpg (8KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
1502394187781.jpg
8KB, 252x252px
I make tons of generals but I'm fairly low on new OP images.

Last two threads I made and I've made them before with those images.

Ideas?
>>
File: 1418584349397.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1418584349397.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>54992206
more imperium shite, must be true
>>
>>54992237
Holy fuck that's awesome. What are the bits?
>>
File: 20170401_225010.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170401_225010.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>54992276

Also a Ministorum Priest, hopefully not sideways.
>>
File: RumourEngineJuly19.jpg (59KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
RumourEngineJuly19.jpg
59KB, 1000x1000px
>>54992206
Could be.
>>
File: 1484417819271.jpg (446KB, 962x2172px) Image search: [Google]
1484417819271.jpg
446KB, 962x2172px
>>54992317
Dog Gammit

Stygies Leman Russ Vanquisher

5/?
>>
File: 1501660861430.jpg (17KB, 625x457px) Image search: [Google]
1501660861430.jpg
17KB, 625x457px
>>54992277
any of these duncan images are good
>>
>>54992317
And sideways it was but I like it
>>
>>54992206
this sounds fake but I believe it. I'll screenshot just in case.
>>
File: 20170811_235813.jpg (5MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
20170811_235813.jpg
5MB, 4608x3456px
>>54992027
Kabal of the Corrupted Life Archon
also seen behind is my mods of my taloi
>>
>>54992311
Black arc fleetmaster reaver helm disintigrator from a raider and a knife arm from one of the raider crew. Also thanks mayne.
>>
File: 20170811_000337.jpg (4MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
20170811_000337.jpg
4MB, 4608x3456px
>>54992384
and my Drazhar
>>
>>54991215
that model is great
>>
>>54992343
That's all i have on my phone.
>>
>>54990835
>TFW it won't pass the conscripts
>TFW it dies to mass HWT
>All other tanks and men will wreck the rest of his army
>TFW the Emperor protects
>>
>>54992343
Man, Leman Russes you can do anything you want to them. Im thinking of giving one a woodland net on the gun and parts of the body.
>>
File: FDAN_LsH1fZh4nDYK_3GvRU42HA=.gif (5MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
FDAN_LsH1fZh4nDYK_3GvRU42HA=.gif
5MB, 480x360px
>>54990913
>>
File: 1497452411449.jpg (2MB, 3094x2185px) Image search: [Google]
1497452411449.jpg
2MB, 3094x2185px
>>54992414
>YET you overdo it and get the chaosfags so BTFO they refuse to play with you again
>>
>>54992414
>someone posts about a model in 7E
>lol dies to my riptides gg ez

>someone posts about a model in 8E
>lol dies to my conscripts, manticores and HWTs gg ez
And guardfags wonder why they catch so much flak nowadays. Protip: behaving like a smug tau player will get your faction hated like tau were.
>>
New general when
>>
Trying to get back into 40k. How does this look for 2000 points of Tzeentch Chaos? It's light on actual shooting, but it's got tons of Smite for hard targets and some good, mobile CC units.

>Battalion (+3 CP)
Kairos- 400
Winged Daemon Prince (CSM)- Hellforged Sword- 212
The Changeling- 100
4x10 Pink Horrors- 320
2x3 Screamers of Tzeentch-186
>Supreme Command Detachment (+1 CP)
Ahriman on Disc of Tzeentch- 166
Sorcerer in Terminator Armor- Force Staff, Combi-bolter- 156
Herald of Tzeentch on Disc- 99
Scarab Occult Terminators- Hellfyre Missiles, Soulreaper Cannon- 266
>Reinforcement Points- 95
>>
>>54992226
You're more than welcome to screencap this.
>>54992253
I am not. I only recently got a nice source.
>>54992269
Haven't heard anything about World Eaters but the Berzerkers are due for an update, what with Angron getting released as the final cult Primarch.
>>54992279
Keep up hope, anon. There's some cool stuff coming your way, definitely.
>>54992329
That looks more Dark Angels related than anything, didn't get any details on such a piece except basic Sisters.
>>54992378
Please do!
>>
>>54992494
Who gives a shit. Chaos fags are almost as whiny as sister fags.
>>
File: 546px-Flesh_Tearers.jpg (91KB, 546x599px) Image search: [Google]
546px-Flesh_Tearers.jpg
91KB, 546x599px
look forward for guards getting nerfed when their codex hits
I hope the get rid of concripts as a unit choice
>>
>>54992507
I think it's more interesting to try and gauge the strength of the enemy list and get as close as you can in power as possible.

Then blow them the fuck out in tactics.

You know how it go. Never play an ace when a two will do.
>>
>>54992206
>Do not share it.
This just makes you look even faker.
>>
File: 1478463764638s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1478463764638s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>54992206
modify this a bit and the share it and have a load of fags believe it
>>
File: 1502667250255.jpg (884KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1502667250255.jpg
884KB, 2048x1536px
>>54992277
Mon'keigh Business
>>
>>54989201
I mean he had las sentinels and a god damned vendetta, so it's not like he wasn't prepared for vehicles. That said, the linebreaker strategem is stupid strong and I could imagine him being salty after you used it. Not really your fault though
>>
File: 87618273681.png (687KB, 1024x896px) Image search: [Google]
87618273681.png
687KB, 1024x896px
>living life making sure you remember to call anonymous posters with conflicting opinions "chaosfags" at least 28 times a day or else you're not a devout servant of the emperor
>>
>>54992563
Ever hear of reverse psychology? It's like when your mom tells you she loves you.
>>
>>54988901
I don't have necrons or mechanicum and can't see myself getting any within the next 5 years.
>>
File: That's Heresy But I Believe It.jpg (432KB, 867x1300px) Image search: [Google]
That's Heresy But I Believe It.jpg
432KB, 867x1300px
>>54992206
>>
conscripts are getting squatted
>>
File: IMG_5061.jpg (2MB, 3238x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5061.jpg
2MB, 3238x2448px
>>54992027
I never get tired posting my grotesques because they were so much fucking fun to make.
>>
>>54992494
That's a win in my book, the CSM in my group is an insufferable asshole WAAC fag that spammed 3 paper helturkeys before they were needed and then he became scattbike/wraith spammer when CSM weren't WAAC enough, so fuck him with my tallarns.
>>
>>54992206
>>54991751
I assume you're the same guy that posted that.
So wait, let me get this straight. We're getting everything Slaneesh soonish including Fabulous Bill, Chaos primaris, Fulgrim, Noise marines - then we get Angron and new Khorne Berserkers, then a box set of Adepta Sororitas fighting heretek Adeptus Mechanicus? That's a lot of fucking unconfirmed stuff. Could you give me a good reason to believe half of this?
>>
File: oi humie.jpg (114KB, 920x612px) Image search: [Google]
oi humie.jpg
114KB, 920x612px
>>54992126

you realize a wash would make your 3/10 units jump to 8/10 right
>>
>>54992769
>needed
Nerfed, also he firmly believes that spamming scattbikes and wraith wing was perfectly balanced and that we needed to get better after lecturing you how you suck at the game, winning against his bullshit is priceless though, he always ragequit when he know he lost and accuses others of cheating.
>>
File: 1445902938548.png (224KB, 760x572px) Image search: [Google]
1445902938548.png
224KB, 760x572px
>>54992206
>>54992522
I do believe you, though I probably shouldn't.
>>
>>54992783
There will obviously be no proof and it's probably not true but I still live in hope.

Guess that's why I play Thousand Sons
>>
>>54989348
>Not counting pre-heresy termies as modern termies for aesthetics
>>
>>54992783
Tzeentch makes his money on false hope
>>
>>54989537
Pls halp, am poor
>>
>>54992735
Possible. AoS made sure to phase out Skaven Slaves, after all...
>>
>>54992873
just buy the paints that will help your setup,.
>>
>>54992750
greatly painted, too.
>>
>>54989431
Nice model, is it yours?
>>
>>54992962
yes thank you
>>
>>54991405
Khorne isn't non-cult...
>>
>>54992873
four Metallic colors (two for silver metals, two for gold)
three colors for the red
One wash (nuln oil)
and black for bolters and shoulder pad details
Grey for highlight black

Then the primer would get you to about $60 dollars for a competent table-top quality as long as you don't have anyone without helmets.

Alternatively, you can get red, silver, black wash, and primer and call it a day and spend just $38.
>>
which Dark Hereticus Disciplines should i use for my Thousand Sons?
>>
so people have been talking about guilliman saving baal from the tyranids or something. can anyone give me the source on that? some kind of novel or new codex or what?
>>
File: DuncanDaki.png (610KB, 1208x680px) Image search: [Google]
DuncanDaki.png
610KB, 1208x680px
>>54992356
I m-made some.. b-but dunno if they were saved. Well I say I did but...
>>
>>54989537
>>54992873
Nah, that paint collection is silly. I'm looking at it now and I'm not sure what half the paints are for on your average blood angel. For a cheap and simple paintjob, I'd go with:
>primer (don't buy from GW)
>mephiston red for basecoating the armour
>evil sunz scarlet to highlight the red
>abaddon black for bolter casing and paudron rims
>dawnstone to highlight the black
>warpstone glow for the eyes
>leadbelcher for the metal
>runefang steel to highlight the metal
>agrax earthshade OR nuln oil for basically everything
If you have those more detailed BA miniatures, you'll need a gold paint as well, maybe retributor armour (highlight it with the runefang steel).

Some people use a third, even lighter, colour for a final highlight, but worry about that shit when you've got the hang of basic highlighting. Similarly with freehanding yellow quarters onto kneepads and whatnot.
>>
File: 514353453.jpg (52KB, 472x262px) Image search: [Google]
514353453.jpg
52KB, 472x262px
>>54993135
>>
>>54990456
I think mega blocks may be your speed
>>
>>54989500
What is this called??
>>
>>54993135
>mfw
The new edition BRB and black library up-coming book

tl;dwr (too long, don't wanna read)

>Dante calls back all the available successor chapters
>All but Lamenters either send some or turn up with Chapter strength (like Flesh Tearers)
>Some Imperial Guard and SoB I believe also agree to help defend it
>Eventually they're there and are upping the defences of Baal
>30,000 Space Marines and their vehicles are on Baal and the moons
>Nid fleet arrives, sends down 20 waves, each progressively stronger. Most planets are dead on the 4th.
>Warp storm now completely blocks off Baal from any help and no way through
>BA's and co are pushed back despite Dante's counter-attacks
>5 Chapter Masters die
>Eventually they're in the fortress monestary defending Sanguinius' body
>Dante prepares one final glorious charge against the remaining trillions of Nids
>Sky goes dark, then clears
>Girlyman arrives with his Crusade, including Primaris Marines for Blood Angels and successors
>They clear Baal and the moons
>on one of the moons they find the garrison dead and all the Nid skulls piled into the shape of Khorne's symbol. Kabandtha has returned.

Baal is speed rebuilt and Blood Angels + Successors have all losses replaced with Primairs shit. They then go off and do various other battles. All praise Girlyman!
>>
>>54993244
Sokar pattern Stormbird.

For when a Thunderhawk just isn't big enough to satisfy your needs.
>>
>>54993246
Gay

It's like nothing happened at all since primaris marines were going to replace them anyway
>>
>>54989500
That isn't the Overlord.

>>54993282
Wrong. The Overlord is the Primaris flier. Sokar Pattern Stormbird is normal Marine transport.
>>
>>54992206
Lmao I remember making you draw that lucius a few threads ago,

You better not be lying, Im already building up a ECs force for about a year and have plans on doing a non Marine/guard Imperium army when Im finished. (either Inquisition or Admech/DarkMech)

I want to believe in Slaaneshmas

don't crush my hopes
>>
>>54989431
The Overlord isn't available (yet). The Sokar Pattern Stormbird is 30k stuff. Don't listen to the guy who replied to you.
>>
Sup /40kg/, I just picked up pic related for $50. Good deal? I know dakkajets are great, how are crimson hunters?
>>
>>54993160
>>54993246
my thanks
>>
File: IMG_20170821_231423684-1664x936.jpg (254KB, 1664x936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170821_231423684-1664x936.jpg
254KB, 1664x936px
>>54992027
AveDeuSmackanicus.
More combat servitor Electro-priests, up to nine now with the new ones front and center. These two were an ungodly pain to do, cut my thumb about three times in a neat row and my fingertips are pretty much plastic with superglue. I think they're some of the best, though, and hopefully the next lot will be simpler.
>>
File: Wendy Van Der Plank Then.jpg (16KB, 449x330px) Image search: [Google]
Wendy Van Der Plank Then.jpg
16KB, 449x330px
>>54993246
>Flesh Tearers proceed to slaughter the sisters of battle again
>>
>>54993290
That's the point. To kill them so they can be replaced.
>>
>>54993345
They didn't in Shield of Baal.
>>
>>54992549
>literally admitting to list tailor
Guardfags are really the new Taufags.
>>
>>54993364
This is literally the opposite of list tailoring. He's talking about toning his list up and down depending on the tier-scale of his opponent's list. I'm not sure if you've been living under a rock, but this is fairly standard practice for casual games and good sportsmanship.
>>
File: Cypher.jpg (43KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Cypher.jpg
43KB, 600x620px
Anyone know where I can find the pain splatter for Cypher?

I think it was in a book detailing how to paint all the Gathering storm heroes, but I cant find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>>
>>54993390
>>54993390
>>54993390

new thread
>>
>>54993325
>slaaneshmas
>slaanesh cums for christmas

carlos you cheeky fuck!
>>
>>54989500
>tfw can't transport primaris
>>
>>54993020
>>54993154

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help
>>
File: CircusOfChaos.jpg (213KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CircusOfChaos.jpg
213KB, 1080x1080px
>>54991190
>breddy gud

>stabbing ground with 10ft sword
>no 10ft sword scabbard
>modeled with pistol
>no pistol holster
>retardedly impractical headgear
>hey looka me
>chainmail apron
>no bbq grill
>codpiece hangs below knees
>micropenis
>opera cape/ rain poncho
>covered in roadkill
>grimdark TGI Fridays flair
>and chaos keyfobs

>chaos

>keyfobs

>gud
>>
File: 1499051054187.jpg (1MB, 633x2414px) Image search: [Google]
1499051054187.jpg
1MB, 633x2414px
>>54991363
Harlies vs Darkies.

You're definitely going to want a Shadowseer and Solitaire. No question.

If you're taking both factions in a Battalion just a Shadowseer and whatever you want to bring for DE works. Troupe Masters aren't terrible, but I find a Shadowseer brings more to the table.

Death Jesters help with Guard since they can snipe Characters or other Aura spamming armies.

Troupes are one of the better Troops (hah!) and with Rising Crescendo can get into combat faaaast. Especially with Twisting Pathways cast on them.

Skyweavers are decent. Dedicated Transport works well. The Voidweaver is meh.
>>
>>54990142
recast?
Thread posts: 436
Thread images: 99

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.