[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a flaw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 5

File: anima-rpg-logo.jpg (57KB, 960x485px) Image search: [Google]
anima-rpg-logo.jpg
57KB, 960x485px
Find a flaw
>>
Haha is this for fucking real? This is my favorite system and it is one of the most flawed pieces of crap I've ever laid my eyes on.

That's with the system itself, you wanna talk translation errors? They've got errors fucking galore
>>
>>54988567
>Spanish weebshit where you need a 9 to hit anything
For one it's dead.
>>
>>54988567>>54988885

You want a flaw? Here's an obscure one, the pregens in the book in English don't match up stat wise with the other versions. They're weaker for no reason
>>
>>54988902
Honestly it's not that weeb-y, some of the art is, but the rest is just high fantasy. And the other art is fucking gorgeous. 9? We rolls d100's here
>>
>>54988885
>and it is one of the most flawed pieces of crap I've ever laid my eyes on
Or I have sight problems or I clearly read Anima and not Pathfinder
>>
>>54988958
Pathfinder is a well made, streamlined game compared to Anima.
>>
>>54988989
anima does literally everything pathfinder is "good" at better without having its many obvious flaws

unless rolling 1d100 is somehow more intenstive than a d20 when the math more or less lines up anyway
>>
>>54988989
Ok guys, threads over, this is bait.
>>
It could be simpler
>>
>>54988567
>Find a flaw
uses big numbers for no reason.
>>
>>54989062
That's probably is its biggest flaw, sometimes it overcomplicates stuff, and you can see this in Core Exxet 2 in where they made somerules from the first book simpler.
>>
>>54989075
It has a reason, you might not like it or could be aproximately be the same with lower numbers, but it has a reason. For starters aboid d20 copyright.
>>
>>54989075
d100 works out to different probability than just rolling a d20 because you use two dice
>>
Losing actions as a core combat mechanic is, IMO, a fucking bad idea. 'You don't get to do anything' isn't fun. I understand the place it has in the system but I'd enjoy it a lot more if it just wasn't a thing. Games have been moving away from stuns and 'lose your action' mechanics for a reason, and that it can happen quite easily every single combat round is a bitch and a half, either making the fight boring for the players or making it too easy as your opponents are perpetually stunlocked, forcing the GM to just spam damage resistance creatures instead.
>>
>>54988567
Anima has a ton of flaws but its that rare system that manages to have character creation that is

>Open ended to make whatever concept you want
>Full of interesting choices and generally lacking in dump levels or trap options
>On top of that the various archetypes are generally balanced against eachother without feeling the same

Grand majority of games only get 2 or even 1 of these points down.
>>
>>54989126
You have a number of options to get back your action, on top of being able to just take the hit in order to guarentee your turn, something anyone can do.
>>
>>54989101
>aboid d20 copyright
then why not just play a d20? or dice pools?
>>
>>54989126
>He doesn't know everybody can not lose actions
>>
>>54989150
Because is different than d20. Sorry if I assumed wrong but you sounded like an anon that appears in every Anima thread and whines about beign D100 and not D20, so my reply was a little bit biased.
>>
>>54989170
I had a friend that genuinely wanted to try anima and gave up because of all the weird calculation you had to make. For me it just... doesn't make much sense to play it. It's not doing anything different than the others systems or settings.
>>
>>54989143
>>54989152

Can you go into them? I know about taking the hit, but when I played that basically always seemed like suicide.
>>
>>54989204
>It's not doing anything different than the others systems
I want to know more other systems with an infinite extense char creation system that allows you to build whatever you want without having to wait million of levels to do it while also being balanced. You can count with the fingers of one hand systems that do that, this was the winning factor that made me stay in Anima, the calculation I got used to in barely a few sessions, now is just automatic and sometimes easier than 3.PF with their infinite bonuses stacks and bookeping
>>
>>54989209
>I know about taking the hit, but when I played that basically always seemed like suicide.
It just cuts your base block/dodge in half. Since you were complaining specifically about enemies being stunlocked when they should probably have those maxed out (as well as stuff like open rolling or buffs to those abilities) you don't have to worry about big badguy getting ganked.

There's also stuff like the quick recovery ki technique that effectively lets you go "no, I get to act after all". It still sucks to be put on the defensive, but its not hopeless.

>>54989204
>It's not doing anything different than the others systems or settings.
anima is at the same time a crushingly realistic medieval fantasy simulator (a full sword stab is about as lethal at level 1 as it is at level 10) and a totally crazy dbz simulator
>>
>>54989259
>I want to know more other systems with an infinite extense char creation system that allows you to build whatever you want without having to wait million of levels to do it while also being balanced
Storyteller?
>>
>>54989283
>It just cuts your base block/dodge in half.
Not anymore, in Core 2 is now just a -80, sure, it's a lot at first levels, but around 5th or so it becomes better than halving your defense
>>
>>54989283

Well, in context it was more the GM screwing us over, since he told us not to optimise but every enemy seemed to have maxed initiative, offence and defence.

It probably just exacerbated the problem of spending significant amounts of time in combat unable to do anything, but I still feel like building the system around it was a bad call, regardless of what methods exist within the system to get around it. Like I said, losing your action just isn't fun.
>>
>>54989283
Or turn yourself into an damage acumulation creature
>>
>>54989324
At the same time, it's one of the key ways that anima doesn't fall into the fuck martials mentality a lot of games do, because joe Q warrior can prevent big dick wizard/technicians from taking their turn while generally having the armor and block stat maxed to always take their turn even with the penalty >>54989320 talks about.

If it happens to you like that I agree it's shitty, but its also an option you can use against the GM to feel really helpful without having to remember how the fuck your fancy powers work.
>>
>>54989259
>while also being balanced.

why do you lie anon?
>>
>>54989051
kek
>>
>>54989127
agreed, its why i still play it
>>
>>54989283
>anima is at the same time a crushingly realistic medieval fantasy simulator (a full sword stab is about as lethal at level 1 as it is at level 10) and a totally crazy dbz simulator

i mean...yeah
>>
Ha 30 replies, 9 posters... it seems the same people are here as usual anytime an anima thread is up. Dyel you here?

This does bring something up, is there a system that can do what anima does in terms of extensive character creation? is that system better or worse? because thats sort of why i like anima, i can play just about anything i want as long as it suits the campaign the GM is running.

anima does engaging (if not lengthy) combat that has you strategizing and utilizing a huge list of moves instead of just "i attack"

it does fantastic character creation that even imposes balance in it so its a little harder to min max since you can't put 900 DP into attack and then get 10 AT.

its overcomplicatin and translation errors...eh...no defending that

the fact that it wants you to be DBZ with its 2 month training times just to learn a single move, where it'd be much more fun to just learn things and make those optional.

but yeah its may favorite system still and theres a good discord server to help people out, and with a BIT... a big BIT of tweaking you can make it a fairly competent and fun game.

oh right and its super easy to home-brew stuff in since the stuff is following a formula and pattern for everything.
>>
Hey nerds, who wants the Perfect World Guide from GoM? All of you, that's who. Mega

/#!U1QQEaoT!f9VWXprWlYT4t8w5JDpuIZyswM69QNq9wSxoWqr5i0I

>>54990978
>is there a system that can do what anima does in terms of extensive character creation
I feel like generic systems might be cheating here.
>>
>>54988567
>Okay, so you rolled 95 plus 34 for a total of 129, adding your 166 attack it comes up to 295, but you were attacking aggresively for a +30, but you used the secondary damage of your weapon so you get -10 and then it's 315, so 325, he rolled 87 plus his 124 defense makes for 211, but he has partial cover for a +25 totalling at 236.
>Your 325 minus his 236 equals 89 and he has AC type 3 versus your type of damage, so you make 70% of your normal damage of 115, so it's actually 80 and a half, but let's round it up to 81 damage
>Now, this other guy is charging ki and adds this turn 1 point on STR ki, 3 points on Dex ki, 2 points on...
>>
>>54992054
Well generic often leads to imbalanced and clusterfucked
>>
>>54992565
Or just get the free easy to use excel sheet and be done in 10 seconds
>>
I heard someone bitching that by time the the acrobatic warrior can reliably tumble around people, the technician can already *teleports behind u and unzips katana*. Is this complaint a) legitimate and/or b) evidence for a more widespread issue of supernatural abilities trivializing mundane skill? I know the setting has fucking insane inquisition, so using ki all the time will bring the heat, but the class list in the core rule book failed to bring up and need to keep quite or pick more subtle classes.
>>
>>54993351
welp, thats kindof true that Ki can out do any maneuver in the book alone. however, the acrobatic warrior can also use ki techniques, and the maneuver mentioned can be combined with ki techniques.

if you were to compare the two on their own then yes that is true, however thats like saying swords can beat armor so armor sucks, since you can do both on either character.
>>
>>54993351
>>54993441

Also it depends on wether the GM is a cunt and decides not to go with the universal ki rules.
>>
>>54992820
Or play a game that isn't about autistic bean counting.
>>
>>54993351
Automatic transportation, the *teleports behind u* a low/mid level character can be expected to get, is posted right next to a big sidebar saying that you don't get a back attack for free with it, but you CAN get the bonus for surprise the first couple times you do it against someone if they dont have a reason to expect you can do that kinda of thing. When you start getting into higher level stuff like ars magus you can in fact just teleport behind someone and get the positon advantage over and over, but you're generally able to make a notice check (a skill everyone puts points into if they want to live) to try and negate the advantage, so while it's strong its not invincible.

Meanwhile, to use acrobatics to roll to someones back and attack requires that your acrobatics -150 beat their attack or acrobatics roll. That sounds heavily against you, but it's worth pointing out that secondary abilities, physical ones in particular, are secretly really strong in anima if you invest in them properly because they're the only thing in the game that doesn't have a cap, can be made really cheap to raise with class/advantage bonuses, and with the core exett rules for natural bonus you get a ton of points for free. A level 1 acrobatic warrior is probably not going to spend much if any points in supernatural powers, so even after they max out their 60% of their DP in martial abilities they still have 200 points to spend on secondaries, meaning if you take a 1 point advantage to make acrobatics cost 1 point (which you can do because you dont need to use all your advantages on ki or mk like techncians do) to raise you could completely negate that -150 penalty and try to get the large back attack advantage every single time you attack, with no resources spent and no real way to counter it besides rolling well (and even if they succeed at beating your acrobatics check, all that happens is that you roll attack normally)

Technician is BETTER, but not overwhelmingly.
>>
>>54993351
>evidence for a more widespread issue of supernatural abilities trivializing mundane skill?
Not really. Because of how anima does damage and health a large sword to the chest will always be a serious threat to something that's even kind of human assuming it lands properly, and mundanes have a lot of options to try and make landing that hit more possible, either through martial arts or tactics and positioning. Something that's really worth stressing with how animas classes work is that in order to be supernatural you need to take advantages at level 1 to do it. It's straight up impossible to cast spells or psychic powers without spending a large investment of points, and even technicians and summoners will really want to put their points into stuff to increase the rate they gain resources or otherwise enhance their ability. Meanwhile a pure mundane character gets to spend points in just having a bunch of extra points to stuff he was gonna do anyway, or having more EXP than everyone else, or just having a shitload of money in order to have several layers of armor that make it so level 1 characters have a real bitch trying to actually hit you, advantages that never really stop being useful the way mundanes tend to fall out after a while.

There's also the fact that mundane characters in anima don't nessicarily have to be that. Every single class gets points to learn ki powers, just at a lesser rate than a technician. Every single class can learn how to summon a thing they made a pact on their journey with if they're willing to deal with extra costs compared to being in a proper summoner class. Every character can know how to use a psychic power every minute or so, or be able to see supernatural abilities even if they can't themselves use them in order to defend against them better, every class can end up favored by some divine entity and given cool buffs even if they don't happen to know it even exists, ect ect.
>>
File: MnM-logo-wordpress.png (59KB, 340x87px) Image search: [Google]
MnM-logo-wordpress.png
59KB, 340x87px
>>54990978
It's not the most advanced combat system but it's got tons upon tons of customization and still decently crunchy.
>>
>>54993468
>decides not to go with the universal ki rules.
>TFW I've been doing this for years
Was I secretly a cunt the whole time?
>>
>>54994181
i would hazard to guess it depends on the power level of the game, if everyone else is dropping meteors and hurricanes but you're still struggling to pull off the additional attack technique.

but if its below level 5 then i wouldn't see a huuuuuge problem.

i like the universal rules for high power games and giving mages a free buff to start out so everyone is a bit more powerful.
>>
>>54993889
is it possible to dump 100% of your points into attack only? is it up to the players to not build a broken piece of shit like GURPS or does the book have rules to prevent becoming a lvl 1 that ruins the game balance?
>>
>>54994347
Yes, GMs need to actually engage and not run the game on autopilot. I've never understood the fear and loathing some Anons have towards session 0 and character vetting. Fuck, I do that even in specialized systems.
>>
>>54993468
>the universal ki rules.
I don't remember these, what are they? Treating Ki from all attributes as interchangeable?
>>
>>54989080
Speaking of which, where can I find stuff like the Exxets? I have the base book, but despite constantly hearing praise for the various supplements, I never downloaded them, and last I heard they were still Spanish only. Have they been fantranslated?
>>
>>54988567
Where do I start?

This is one of the least intuitive pieces of crap I have ever played, and that is coming from somebody who actually really enjoys the style, aesthetic and feel they were going for. I love the art.
>>
>>54995293
they've been officially released, i would never run without the dominus exxet its essential. theres only 1 not in english and its very much needed but we dont have it.
>>
>>54995293
https://mega.nz/#F!2McSla6Z!CV8YeeTBlWmuzU7SBxg47Q

every anima book besides the second edition of the key rules, the important bits you can find translated at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D-d140bAiY7WkaoaBV2jj6H9nL8nQnoZ2ZMVDW41Duw/edit?pli=1

also theres some errata
http://thedeificnmi.com/docz/animawebsupplements1-3.pdf
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B77al-1nzMGaTDJSbjg5Y2lpY3M/edit?pref=2&pli=1
>>
>>54995702
>>54995566
Awesome, thank y'all!
>>
>>54995702
>Scissura Exxet
What's this thing?

Also, have my basically complete collection of English, Spanish, and Tactics.
https://mega.nz/#F!w0pTATCJ!AIlU1sVxmASerlUr27yrvg
>>
Does anyone have PDFs?
>>
>>54995827
Disregard, updated late
>>
>>54995825
Just remembered that there's some translated Gaia 2 missing from that archive, but won't be in a position to upload it for five hours.
>>
>>54995825
It's a bunch of homebrew
>>
>>54995566
Which one? i can translate it
>>
>>54998192
There's actually more than one. Gaia 2 - Mas Allas del Espejo (or whatever) is the only book truly not translated. Core Exxet isn't fully translated, but the mechanics have been and it's otherwise pretty much identical to the English core (though that has kind of shonky translation). There's also the Dramatis Personae web supplement, which is stats and background on a number of important NPCs. I don't know if any if the other Spanish web stuff is untranslated.
>>
>>54998444
>Dramatis Personae
>XII's title literally translates to 'The Hung'
I know it should be 'The Hanged'
>>
>>54988567
I have found many disadvantages.
Miopy, heavy sleeper, bad luck, I can go on.
>>
>>54989283
>half
80 actually.
Got changed in exxet.
It is good for heavily armored characters, if you wear lttle gurly panties and zero TA not so much
>>
>>54999117
Hey man the prpcess gives you a huge dong.
t. Ronacul
>>
As someone who speaks Spanish I nerver had a problem with the rules
>>
>>54993351
Everybody has ki, mks are resources waiting to be spent, if you don't you're limiting yourself on purpose. No different than no spending on attack or defense as a warrior
>>
>ffw no OEF version of Gaia 2
>tfw can't inject translated text into the file so it looks nice
Probably wouldn't work anyway, but it's a nice idea.
>>
>>55000334
kek
>>
>>54993351
>*teleports behind u and unzips katana*
Doesn't work. When you Ki-teleport you always attack the front.
>>
>>55001882
Joke aside, is there bigger noob trap than:
Bad luck, miopy, heavy sleeper and slow reaction?
>>
>>55002687
Damned for 2 points. Unlucky Destiny.
>>
>>54992054
Thank you, Anon! Been trying to get my hands on this for a while.
>>
>>54994554
>>54994347
Wrong. Actually pretty damn wrong.

You can't dump everything into attack because of the Power Level. In Mutants and Masterminds (at least 3e, granted I don't have knowledge of the other editions. I know 2nd is pretty similar in most regards) how many character creation points you have available depends on something called your Power Level. It's not exactly an equivalent to level in other systems, since it's mostly set at the beginning and rarely increased, but let's treat it as such.

Normally, you'd be around PL 10 if you want DC/Marvel stuff, lower if you want medium fantasy. But thing is: For every attack that damages or causes an status effect, your damage bonus and your accuracy bonus put together cannot exceed twice your power level (If it's an attack that for whatever reason it outright can't miss, damage can't exceed PL). That means, you could have a +10 and +10, a +13 and +7... But it basically requires you to trade-off accuracy for damage or vice-versa. Defenses also have this limitation so you cannot outright be immune to shit due to defenses alone (Granted, you can have immunity to specific as a power, but it's crazy expensive and generally a huge trade-off). As such, combat powers are generally kept balanced.

That being said non-combat powers are unregulated and are entirely dependent on GM policing. The book encourages you not to let a player travel in time if that's going to be campaign-disruptive, for example.

Given the enormous fetish potential of the powers you can build you might also want to police magical realm
>>
>>55002911
Damned 2p is lready implicitly "you fucked nig".
Unlucky destiny is free points for summoners and an easy way to increase your 90+ rolls
>>
>>55003073
I've seen combat classes take Unlucky Destiny, though. But I am curious what you mean by an easy way to increase 90+ rolls.
Could you explain?
>>
>>55003155
Because you can't open dice will conspire to roll more 90+ duh!

Unlucky isnt too bad, because it wont actively rape you silly.
>>
>>55003241
As someone who has taken Unlucky, no. The dice do not conspire to roll more 90s.
And as a whole, I guess Unlucky isn't terrible, but it can still screw you when up against dice that frequently roll hot.

Some more trap options, though.
Powerful Enemy(2), namely Inquisiton or a similarly powerful organization.
Physical Weakness, because it's such a GREAT idea to reduce the save that Criticals check against.
Psychic Consumption, especially if you don't take Psychic Fatigue Resistance to balance it out.
>>
>>55003598
>Powerful Enemy(2)
That actually is free PDs if anyone else in the party has it. You're already hunted down by them even if you don't have that flaw by association, so
>>
>>55003936
But it only provides Background Advantage Points. Which, I mean, hey free Artifact or something.
Conversely, if someone has Enemy - Yehudah, and another player has a Wizman, the organization might make overtures to that character promising all sorts of shit if they just betray that one guy. I mean, don't you want to see a world where spellcasters aren't shunned?
>>
>>55003598
Any
>Half resistance lol
Seems innocuous until
>Yeah that had venom get fucked cunt -AAP.
>Yeah you're fighting zombies and dealing with rotting food. Roll em disease up.

Also consumption should only, ever, foreverandever, be taken on mentalists who will never actually actively cast in combat.
>>
>>55004162
>I mean, don't you want to see a world where spellcasters aren't shunned?
Yes.
Because they're dead.
ABEL VULT.

Also can't beat
>Player, being a smart cookie: I'm playing a saint!
>Player in public: Cool dude! Same Player, in secret: Hey anon. I'm playing a non human :^)
>>
>>55004162
I meant taking Powerful Enemy (same as the first anon).
>>
>>54988567
It tries to simulate Anime levels of bullshit which is a noble but unnattainable goal
>>
>>55004424
I know what you meant, I'm just providing an alternative.

>>55004314
How about
>Player in the beginning: I'm a Lilium High Priestess, Trees are Justice!
>Player now: I may or may not be a saint or an angel, depending on who you ask...
>Player to the Catholic sect of Our Lady the Spider: Uhhhh, yeah. Be nice to other religions... Uhh, practice renewable lumber harvesting... Uhhhh, Kick Azur ass for justice?
>Church of Our Lady the Spider: IN NOMINE ARACHNE! *War Lagor Cavalry charges*
>Azur troops: What the fu-
>>
>>54992565
Uhh... use a goddamn calculator?

Im actively GM'ing a game of Anima ATM and doing combat calculations only ever takes long due to players miss-remembering how much damage they deal. Otherwise with a calculator in hand it takes 30 seconds.

You're also using the outdated damage calculation, they changed the insanity of that to a simple and effective formula in Core Exxet 2 along with other needed changes.
>>
>>55007103
>they changed the insanity of that to a simple and effective formula in Core Exxet
It's the same formula, just not in table form.
>>
>>55007103
>having to stop all combat actions every 10 seconds to make calculus
Sure, that sounds like fun.
Why not make an RPG that works with vectorial calculus while we're at it? I mean, all you need is to bring your calculator with you, there shouldn't be any problem.
>>
>>55007103
I actually have a programmable cal, it takes 2 secs, and taking into account I GM using my laptop is literally not a problem.
>>
>>55009009
First thing I do is always show gurps vehicles 3rd ED and flying to new players, if they say it's too hard I just kick them from my group.

Go back to D&D boi.
>>
>>55009229
It's not hard, it's slow and annoying. It's literally the opposite of fun unless you're an autist who enjoys spending the evening doing their math homework.
Then again, Anima is designed for autists so, there's that.
>>
>>55009301
>Slow and annoying
So are you but people still hang around you, don't they?
>>
>>55009229
>>55011093
You're just making the fans look bad like this.
>>
>>55015087
Look, man. The slow and annoying dig wrote itself. It woulda been wrong of me NOT to crack that joke.
>>
>>55015087
The question/meme goes up every threas.
Just figure the 1% of your attack damage and multiply, gurps tier easy
>>
>>54989303
>Storyteller
>extensive character creation
Every Storyteller system is broken as shit
>>
>>54990978
>is there a system that can do what anima does in terms of extensive character creation?
Many, but most of them are built for it. All the superhero games like Mutants and Masterminds, all the generics GURPS is good shut up, etc.

Shadowrun doesn't do the same, as it's generally not as "free", but it *is* extremely extensive. It's also trash, but that's a separate issue.

In general though, it's pretty uniquely classless for a class-based system.
>>
>>55003059
You can't do massive damage from the get-go, no, but you can still make ridiculously broken attack maneuevers. Reaction (Existing Near You), Perception, Rank=PL Damage effect for instance is basically game over. It's also blatant powergaming, but the GM does need to rein that kinda shit in.

Also there's no real trade-off to Immunity: Toughness or Immunity: Fortitude or Immunity: Will, and the latter two aren't even really very expensive for PL10, if you abuse Arrays. Hell, you can even abuse Arrays to make those Immunities be in the same one, and throw in some meaningless Limited flaws or some shit.

The game works out fine balance-wise, because people generally don't do these things because the GM will tell them to stop being such a fucking faggot, but they're completely possible RAW
>>
>>55019235
Anima's classes are more of templates/clutches for what you want to do.
You can make a wizard using a technician template, it'd be retardsd.
>>
>>55009301
ahh i get it, its bait
>>
>>54992054
>>54993889
>>55019235

Heres a good point, of every system recommended none of them are as good as anima at doing what it does. both extensive and non crunchy chargen

thats why were all still playing it, the one thing it does well is the one thing we all came here for. it outweighs the translation errors and balance problems of wanting to be realistic and anime.
>>
>>54992054
I've been waiting so long for this. Fuck Kickstarter only content. Did they just release this or did no one care enough to leak it until now?
>>
>>54988567
Flaw: The characteristics barely affect your rolls, even at 12 you're only getting a +20 compared to a 10 which is just +15. compared to my 170 attack that 20 means nothing

Upside: they did a good job at making the stats relevant to resistance checks and buffing your KI, almost every class benefits from good balanced stats.

>fucking Perception
why do you do this...why did you make such a fucking dump stat that only affects like 2 rolls, honestly every stat at least improves the character in a way other than a roll, what the fuck is perception doing here.
>>
>>55021378
>Perception
Two of those THREE rolls are pretty important, if you don't want a stealther dropping surprise dagger to the sphincter.
>>
>>55019335
Yes, which is why I'm saying it's basically classless, despite being "class-based", which isn't very common at all.

>>55021378
IIRC, the new Core Exxet skill stuff lets you improve your skills by adding your characteristic mod at level-up, which is pretty neat and makes characteristics important for leveling up
>>
>>55021730
Only problem with the Core Exxet update is that the Characteristic mod, your Natural Bonus, and the Level-Up Characteristic bonus are all lumped together, and cannot exceed a combined total of 100,
>>
>>55021336
>non crunchy chargen
What?
>>
>>55021354
>Did they just release this or did no one care enough to leak it until now?
I found it on IRC, don't know how long it's been up. Anima Project are listening to some knob on the Steam forums who said "no don't release it".
>>
>>55026332
I mean, carlos did give a good explanation about it (they paid for it as a privilege) and said he didn't care if you released it personally.
>>
>>55026378
However, a bunch of the guys in the thread did point out that it was not listed as KS-exclusive.
>>
>>55003598
>>55004298
psychic consumption is fine if you take advantage of mental patterns and psychic ambivalance to never actually fail your potential rolls
>>
>>55026637
>Ever spamming with consumption
No.
Also bravery doesn't make you go up if you hit fatigue.
>>
>>55026751
>The character gains a +30 bonus to his offensive Psychic Projection and automatically increases the difficulty level by one (this increase can avoid a Fatigue result) when using attack Powers.

A direct quote from my book, is this some spanish only errata?
>>
File: file.png (242KB, 1115x451px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
242KB, 1115x451px
>>55026828
It says the exact contrary.
>>
>>55026886
What the hell, I knew the english translation was shaky but that's the exact opposite.
>>
>>55026916
Yup.
20/10.

Again, I'm unsure if I wouldn't allow a mentalist to use the english one in the basis that good fucking luck ever fleeing.
>>
>>55026936
What about the 2 point advantage that gets you one higher level with a specific discipline. That doesn't talk about fatigue results in either direction
>>
>>55027008
You need to actually succeed on using the power to start with to improve it, at least that is how I think everyone has used it and how it works.

And in spanish doesn't talk about it in either direction.
>>
>>55019261
Fair enough point. It's possible to be particularly OP if you heavily abuse the rules, but even the manual stresses just how important it is to police Arrays.
>>
>>55026886
Good old FFG. On a related note, what company would people want to pick back up translation of Anima?
>>
>>54992565

>>54992565

> In dnd I roll to attack +20, roll a 17. = 37 targets ac is 39, but I am flanking gaining a +2, Note I also do a power attack -1 ab for a extra +2 damage not one since its two handed. Now i attack with my weapon and hit for damage.

I deal 2d6+ 4 with str + 1/2 + 4 with weapon mod + 2 with power attack, and deal 2d6 burst. The weapon is keen so its also a crit. So now I roll 4d6 +8 + 1/2 str +8 with weapon. Oh wait I forgot to roll confirm. rolls a 18. Okay so its a crit. so now thats 4d6+8 +1/2 str + 8 with weapon +4d6 fire damage, The target has a 5 dr/-- and a dr of 10 vs slashing. Also it has a 5 dr vs fire. So now I roll my damage which is a slashing weapon i roll a total of 25 -10 and then -5 from the dr. Now Lets see my fire damage. I roll 3,3,4,1, 11 -5 thus my damage is now 17,

Cool thats my first attack now lets roll my 2nd attack! This time I add a faint! with my feats I can do such. thus they lose dex bonus and make my -5 attack even more likely to hit on my 2nd!
>>
>>55021730
That +20 matters a lot in any opposed roll against someone in the same power ballpark as you, at which point its effectively a +20% chance of success. Also for hitting prereqs for Ars Magnus or Martial Arts faster.
>>
>>55021378
>Flaw: The characteristics barely affect your rolls
>literally luck at char creation barely affects
that's a flaw now? is this bizarre verse?
>>
>>55031116
>not that I also have +2 insight bonus, +1 competence bonus, +3 luck bonus and monster has 20% miss
>>
>>55031455

>Also on hit the monster has a flame shield effect. dealing 1d6 damage + 7 of fire. Luckly I have a fire res of 10. Now you roll the monster damage!
>>
>>55030835
ANYONE THAT ISNT FFG. They seriously fucked Anima sideways so any company that can actually do a goddamn competent job is good in my books.

But lets be real Carlos will never give us what we want, he will continue to lament on why he cant make a good video game.
>>
>>55031512

> or card game.
> or mini game
> or book

Seriously the best thing the guy made was the Wargame table top and the rpg. The others you should wait for as a creator. You know. Done by a professional. When its popular. ect.
>>
>>55031505
>Also my attack had a spell stored because I'm Duskblade, so I roll concentration...oh the monster had SR? I also roll to spell penetration

And D&D and PF are the most played games around, dunno why people complain about Anima's complexity and many rolls when in 3.PF this shit happens everytime
>>
>>55031551

Because autsim.
>>
>>55031551

> Yes I beat the save. Now the spell is fireball. I got the spell from a feat combination that allows me to gain 1 wizard spell. So I cast fireball. EVERYONE IN 20 FEET ROLL REFLEX SAVES OR TAKE 7d6 FIRE DAMAGE. IF YOU SAVE HALF DAMAGE.
>>
>>55031551
Remember that 4e died just because it was honest with players about what it was and how it worked. 3aboos absolutely LOVE complexity, but only if it's obfuscated and scattered between three books, an e-zine article, and a dev tweet. Putting everything together in front of them all at once triggers them something fierce.
>>
>>54988567

The creator has stopped making new content.
>>
>>54988567
The lore.
>>
>>55032582
There's apparently a DLC in the works for Gate of Memories.
>>
>>55031416
getting a 10 and putting +2 into that to get a 12, Woot woot!! i am...marginally better, why did i even bother
>>
>>55034570
Because movespeed, regen, memestr quakes, learning magic and magic levels, psypot, MA and accs key off stats.

Hell psycher only wants 1 stat and wants it retard high.

Stop thinking d&d's "only your stat really matters lol" is good game design. There is a reason most PB games key off skills with little stat investment.
>>
>>54988567
It can't suck me off under the table while I'm playing a far better game.
>>
>>55034570
>He thinks stats are only flat bonuses
kek
>>
>>55035041
Don't be silly. Sure, Mentalists want Willpower high, but they also want decent Constitution so they don't knock themselves out on a fumbled Potential roll. And the ones not using Automatic powers or the Physical Increase tree usually want decent Dexterity, too.
Now Natural Magic Wizards? There's your single stat focus. Gotta make ALL the Power Checks.
>>
>>55037383
Nobody doesnt want high con.
Even warments prefer more wp even before they get to the breakpoint as it gives even more stats than just +single stat

Counterpoint: natural magic is mistranslated, it is supposed to be "naturally trash".
>>
>>55037530
The big problem with NatMag, in my opinion, is the "you can't tag someone with the same type of spell more than once a day"
It's borderline crippling.
>>
>>55037598
Not the
>pay 6000 bogorillion zeon a spell
>>
>>55037687
Yeah, that's a fair point.
Though tier 4 and 5 spells seem more geared towards a high-level character anyway, and assuming they built for this, they probably took at least one Natural Power, maybe two, so they should hopefully have a decent Zeon pool.
>>
What's your favorite build, /tg/?
>>
>>55038961
"Jackie Chan" Tao.
Crazily defensive. Hanja, Soo Bahk, Lama, Lama Tsu, Kempo, Emp, Pankration, Grappling, Selene
The enemy can't make trabul if they have no way to make trabul.
>>
File: kogami.png (159KB, 299x322px) Image search: [Google]
kogami.png
159KB, 299x322px
>>55039206
>Selene
>>
File: ... Kyaa.png (83KB, 312x393px) Image search: [Google]
... Kyaa.png
83KB, 312x393px
>>55039322
>Not making an Insufferable male Tao who knows Selene, and just publicly plays up all the female assassins gunning for him as "what can I say, I'm a chick magnet"
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.