[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/ approved funny books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

I just realized there's no section for it in the wiki. While there are some in my mind that I do know of. I'd like to see the rest of you guys recommend shit. Manga and EuroComics welcome

Off the top of my head
>Dungeons and Dragons the John Rogers Run
One of the better, if not the best DnD Adaptions out there. The only downside is that by Issue 20 you'll soon realize Rogers no longer has any interest on returning to comics and this book is permanently in hiatus.
>Delicious in Dungeon
MC's sister gets eaten by a dragon, they retreat but he resolves to save her as soon as possible. They venture down again with a dwarf and learn to cook the monsters in the dungeon because they lack the funds for actual supplies.
>Golden Kamui
Semi-Historical Manga that takes place after the Russo-Japanese War. It's about a Soldier and his Ainu Sidekick looking for a map that'll lead to a shit ton of gold. Said map was etched in the backs of multiple convicts who have escaped from prison.
>>
>>54985447
>I just realized there's no section for it in the wiki.
I hope you'll also realize that half that wiki needs to be pruned.
>>
>>54985462
Well at least make an image chart for it, the other mediums have that.
>>
>>54985447
Last time I brought it up I got told that if we had an approved comics page it would be drowned in capeshit, which I'm not sure I agree with.
>>
>>54985447
>Dungeons and Dragons the John Rogers Run
It's pic related, right? Where can I find it?
>>
>>54991297
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Dungeons-Dragons-2010
>>
>>54988845
Really? Because there are a bunch of fantasy and sci-fi comics I'd list and only a few capes that would make the cut
>>
File: 1503326538420.jpg (255KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503326538420.jpg
255KB, 720x720px
>>54991559
Oh fuck yes
You're the greatest anon
>>
>>54991803
https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50893516
I only remember because I was part way through drafting a page when I got told I was a fucking gimp for even thinking about it.

And yeah, there's precious few I'd think of. I would make a case to include a sentence or two to recommend a few "traditional" superteams purely because Mutants and Masterminds exists, while also saying that the page focuses more on Fantasy, Science-Fiction, direct tie-ins (like all those Games Workshop ones) and more general World-buildy/interesting setting stories.
>>
>>54988845
>drowned in capeshit
Why? The only capeshit /tg/ stuff I would really recognize are these and even I wouldn't call most of these standard capeshit. I'll try to keep the blurb short so I can fit more

>70s Marvel Horror Comics
Tomb of Dracula, Werewolf by Night, Frankenstein, Man-Thing

>Demon Knights
Think a DnD Session starring a younger Vandal Savage, Etrigan, Xanadu, and a few other DC characters from the middle ages.

>Warlord
Vietnam War Vet ends up in a fantasy world and proceeds to be its *cough* Warlord.

>Kamandi: The Last Boy On Earth
The Proto-Adventure Time Comic, a boy in a post-apocalyptic future with sentient talking animals, futuristic weapons, and long blonde locks.

>Swamp Thing the Alan Moore Run
Character defining run that shaped Swamp Thing for years to come

>Hellblazer
no 'THE', the current run is mediocre crap. Bastard who knows magic tricks people and does what he want and occasionally helps someone in need.
>>
>>54992649
>No really good stuff
>No quality stuff
>No interesting stuff
>Just some 3rd-rate shit made for export
Oh wow, it's not like the other categories aren't bogged down by mediocre crap.
>>
File: DQUK-6.jpg (168KB, 480x340px) Image search: [Google]
DQUK-6.jpg
168KB, 480x340px
>>54995267
I know, right?

You know, I'm fairly certain I've still got the draft saved somewhere, I might as well see if I can redo it properly with suggestions from this thread. Hopefully it survives the night.

>>54995249
I wouldn't really call a lot of those Capeshit, really, even though they were done for Marvel and DC (although when you get right down to it its kind of hard to make a working definition that isn't just "a poorly written superhero story", or even just "superhero story"). If we're going that broad Camelot 3000 might count as well, and a lot of the Vertigo stablemates of Swamp Thing and Hellblazer like The Sandman, The Books of Magic, Transmetropolitan and others. I've not read it yet, but iZombie has also been pointed to for WoD type games too.

There's a lot of 2000AD series that should make the cut as well. Some of them like Judge Dredd and Rogue Trooper even have direct tabletop adaptations. And while we're talking about direct adaptations, there's a good number of good Warhammer comics, with Deff Skwadron and The Redeemer right at the top. INJ Culbard adapted quite a lot of Lovecraft's stories into comic form for Selfmadehero, which obviously links to Call of Cthulhu, and there's been tonnes of good Conan over the years, some of which is direct translations of Howard and some just inspired by him.
>>
>>54995249
Battle Chasers is also breddy gud
>>
Game Night by Johnny Nexus is about a group of gods that decide to play in their literal real world a tabletop rpg, and they're all munchkins. I liked it.
>>
Is anyone else reading the current D&D comics? Jim Zub has been on /co/ a couple of times and he seems like a cool guy.
>>
>>54985447

It's sad that comic series ended, but I was honestly pretty happy with where they left off. The adventurers had finished their quest, saved the girl, and were looking onwards to what came next. There were hanging plot threads and interesting hints that will never be explored, but... That almost feels right for a D&D comic, encouraging you to leap into the game, to tell your own stories, to hunt down those hanging threads and see what your GM does with them.

I know that's an entirely wanky interpretation that was no way intended, but it's what I felt when I hit the end of the run, having already been informed that it was very short.
>>
>Kill Six Billion Demons
They are literally doing an epic level dungeon crawl right now

>Drowtales
Or, how to make an actual three dimensional society out of Drow, wherein they are sympathetic without being unrecognizable
>>
>>54997697

I read Drowtales when I was a horny teen and enjoyed the tits. Then I started to realise the plot was garbage and the setting made no sense.

The tits are still pretty good though.
>>
Skullkickers
>>
File: doggo.gif (3MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
doggo.gif
3MB, 400x224px
>>54995249
>demon knights
A shame it got canned
>>
File: daryl.jpg (454KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
daryl.jpg
454KB, 1024x1536px
The Mignolaverse.
>>
>>54997697
/tg/ famously disliked Drowtales for its Mary Sue tendencies. Years ago a large part of the board took part in a "raid" on the Drowtales RP forum where they flooded it with characters outside Drow society, interrupting the Drow power fantasy and causing a massive tantrum from forum-goers.
>>
File: ADepressedBat.gif (449KB, 448x256px) Image search: [Google]
ADepressedBat.gif
449KB, 448x256px
>>54997858
Everything good dies
>>
File: sk20120121.jpg (428KB, 800x1221px) Image search: [Google]
sk20120121.jpg
428KB, 800x1221px
>>54997803

Second.
>>
>>54998070
>>54997803
The writer is doing the new official d&d comics and has a podcast where he dms old modules he's updated for 5e
>>
>>54998122

Yeah, Zub also did a Pathfinder comic that was surprisingly good despite...questionable art.
Though in the artists defense they WERE having to copy the whole PF "aesthetic"
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.