[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General - /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 425
Thread images: 46

File: 1503131933658.png (39KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
1503131933658.png
39KB, 1162x850px
Goon Squad Edition

Also FAQ for Chaoscucks. World Eaters Berserkers are troops, same with Noiselets and Emperor's Children. Oh and Daemon Princes now benefit from legion tactics.

>New Chaos and GK FAQ
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/20/chaos-space-marines-and-grey-knights-updates-now-availablegw-homepage-post-4/

>Necromunda is coming back.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos comeback is on.
https://konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
https://warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
https://mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
https://mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-Anon doing the Emperor's work)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>54982101
>Chaos making races they can't see or interact with
Gee Doubleuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
>>
Posting in new thread

>Play Night Lords
>bought a bunch of MKIV assault packs
>intended for HH
>have enough for a full Assmarine squad
>thats 20 potential raptors
>also have 2 boxes of actual raptors
Tell me /tg/, is there any reason why I shouldn't make my raptors into warp talons and make me assmarines into raptors?
>>
>>54982245
It's what I've done since 6th, no one has ever had a problem with it.
>>
File: blood_angel_termie_pro_painted.jpg (272KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
blood_angel_termie_pro_painted.jpg
272KB, 1600x1200px
POLL TIME

>http://www.strawpoll.me/13754063
>http://www.strawpoll.me/13754062
>>
>>54982245

My raptors and talons are a mix of the raptor kits and vanguard vet kits, nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>54982261
It's more the warp talon bit. They're what, 27ppm? Idk if they're worth using even if I love lightning ckaws
>>
>>54982240
Tau aren't blanks, they're just emotionally dull.
>>
>get the Inquisitor Solomon Lok model for my Ordo Xenos force
>painting him
>this nigga has three separate layers of robe
>I can't unsee the mental image of him sitting in a dimly lit room, grilling some tau sympathiser for info on his cell while a little Italian guy follows him around with a tape measure, measuring his inseam, sizing his waist and asking how loose he wants his hood
>>
>>54982277
This poll will confirm that /tg/ is full of mid school kids with 800 points of ultramarines crying about gw prices.
>>
anyone have a good template for cards that hold all a unit's stats like they have for AoS? want to make some to avoid carrying the books around and constantly jumping back and forth for weapons stats and stuff
>>
>>54982293
I use chainglaives, I explain to them they're roughly a two handed equivalent to a lightning claw in HH and people are cool with it.
>>
>>54982317
Yes. We are in 2017.
You can dowload the epub for free and have it on your phone and tablet.

>weapons
Its like 1 page to print.
>>
>>54982312
What exactly is wrong with crying about GW prices? They fuck over anyone not in the US or UK because fuck you.
>>
>>54982297
Don't hate, nigga looks so good every one off inquisitor has copied his model down to the little designs in his power armor
>>
>>54982333
I like cards and the epubs are cancer on phones
>>
How do I paint 90 boys without killing myself?
>>
>>54982312
I own 6000 points of smurfs and fuck GW
>>
>>54982344
It's at the point that you're just preaching to the choir.
>>
>>54982317
There's a thing called a printer, there's another thing called human memory.
>>
Which is better looks wise: a squad of Scarab Occult termies with one guy carrying both the hellfyre missile launcher plus heavy weapon or two guys carrying one or the other?
>>
>>54982277
I have

>5k points Orks
>2k points Spess Muhreens
>1k points SoB
>>
>>54982277
I have a policy of not buying something new until I get whatever I bought last to tabletop standard.
>>
>>54982326
That's not a bad idea, and I did think about doing that. Not sure if I have 10, though. What's funny is that I was planning on having my raptors be Night Raptors in HH anyway.
>>
>>54981987

Except the denizens of THE DAEMON CAGE were called Chaotic and the cage broke which guess what? Unleashed Chaos daemons. What do you gain by being a lying moron?

The agge of the Necron cage appears in the novel and fact that it's known to the Eldar since before the Fall when the Necronsd WERE SLEEPING. They couldn't have constructed the planet while the Eldar were the dominate race could they?

Seriously, why are the anti-Chaos side so maliciously ignorant?
>>
>>54982369
i mean a template so they all come out the same size (larger ones with multiple cards) like index card size

just carrying around large pages isn't exactly intuitive
>>
1 of the GK List guys from the last thread. Updated with a new list.

2150/2150
Battalion Detachment
>Voldus and Draigo with Sanc/vortex/purge and Gate/Hammerhand respectively
>3 Strike Squads, 1 10man, 2 5 man, 10 man has Astral Aim for Psybolt shenanigans, the other 2 with hammer hand. ALL FALCHIONS ALL THE TIME
>Predator with Twin Lascannon and Storm Bolter
Vanguard Detachment
>Brother Captain, Warlord with First to the Fray, Fury of Deimos, Gate, and a Hammer.
>Apothecary, falchion and Gate
>Paladin Ancient, Banner, Purge, SB+Falch
>Venerable Dread with 2 Twin Autocannons
Vanguard Detachment 2: Heretic Boogaloo
>Brotherhood Champion with Gate
>3 Paladin Squads with 3 dudes each with Falchions

Rate/Hate, please.
>>
>>54982415
>2150

I feel like you lack anti tank.
>>
>>54982406
Why don't you just crop the datasheets from the PDF and print it out on a 3x5 and slap it on a piece of cardstock.
>>
>>54982296
In any case a weird thing to be made by chaos
>>
>>54982415
> Not enough baby carrries.
>>
>>54982415
>2150
For what purpose
>>
Is the Juggerlord even worth taking anymore? He's more expensive than all the other and yet doesn't benefit from Legion Traits, and the mount attacks are only semi-good against infantry.

It just feels like I could get a higher offensive output and better buffs with an Exalted Champion for less cost, or MUCH higher offensive output and mobility with a Daemon Prince.

Also, why is the WE warlord trait so fucking bad?
>>
>>54982335
>That does not require author fiat saying "your plastic mans are all doomed no matter what."

How does it in any way stop you from from playing army X vs army Y and roleplaying it like a nerd? Again, it's back to the ego thing. At some far off interval in the storyline that might be written down DECADES from now, everyone will be eaten by faction X. Somehow this ruins your day. It doesn't matter that the writers have a story to tell and want to covey a point. What matters is how it makes you feel, you selfish bastard!
>>
>>54982454
Why is the standard game 1850?
>>
>>54982277
>2500+ Sisters
>1500+ Tzeentch Daemons
>3000ish CSM
>2000ish Deldar
Most of the Sisters are painted, some of the daemons are painted, and that's about it. Frankly, a lot of the Marines aren't even assembled, and only about 1500pts of deldar are assembled.
>>
>>54982393
There's a third party who makes them, I got 15 for about $20. I used 8 for my Night Raptors and the rest for sergeants, apothecaries etc.
>>
>>54982470
It isn't. Are you still playing 7e or something?
>>
>>54982404
What strawman are you attacking? I just pointed out you have no proof of it being built before the War in Heaven. They could easily have built it afterwards.

Besides it's official fluff that the Chaos Gods were created by that war, you just ignore it because it triggers you.
>>
>>54982454
>>54982470
>>54982484
From what I've been hearing, the new 1850 is somewhere between 2000 and 2200. My buds and I have been settling on 2150 after they apparently see it on batreps and the local FB page going in that direction, too. That's why I went 2150.

>>54982446
Agreed. I think I might just drop the second Vanguard detach and lose the 1 CP to gain a Dreadknight and possibly another Pred.
>>
File: IMG_20170317_125019.jpg (70KB, 610x559px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170317_125019.jpg
70KB, 610x559px
>>54982480
Yea, I got mine from LegionForge before they went underground, but I don't remember how many I ordered because it was quite some time ago. They're pretty good. Same place I got most of my silly bat helmets, though they're a little more pricey.
>>
>>54982353
base coat and wash, commissions, have someone else kill you

>>54982277
my eldar are about 90% painted at about 1500 or so. i need to finish some shining spears, a wave serpent, and a vyper

chaos daemons are about 5k i guess and any where from 30-75% painted. this army is old and in various states of completion. hell i'm tempted to strip and redo a lot of the miniatures
>>
>>54982277
<1000 pts tau
fully painted
>>
>>54982209
If I was going to get into this game what would y'all suggest as a starter army? I'm guessing space marines would probably be the best for me and then branch out from there but have the numarines pretty well replaced the traditional ones?
>>
File: downloadfile.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
1.07 MB JPG
Alright, another run at a small footslogging Craftworld force.

Asurmen
Farseer
Dire Avengers x 10
Dark Reapers x 10

Then either a squad of Wraithguard to shoot up anything in my backfield, or two squads of Rangers for sniping and objectives.

I'd really like to get Asurmen, the Avengers and Reapers in there for sure though. Any advice?
>>
>>54982517
>What strawman are you attacking? I just pointed out you have no proof of it being built before the War in Heaven. They could easily have built it afterwards.

Except that again, it as known to the Eldar before the Fall aka the time when the Necrons were sleeping. Do I need to write in bold letters so that you can read the words?

>Besides it's official fluff that the Chaos Gods were created by that war, you just ignore it because it triggers you.

Oldcron lore that was retconned.

Lets see what you ignored, you piece of shit.

1-Time is meaningless in the Warp. There is no linear time in there
2-The Old One Daemon Cage containing Chaotic entities and daemons
3-Be'lakor having memories of the first Necrontyr Necropolis
>>
>>54982568
Those Dire Avengers are going to get shot to pieces. Why not take Asurmen with other Aspect Warriors instead?
>>
>>54982561
Depends on what you want to collect.
Marines are generally a very popular and safe starting points
>>
>>54982439
Creating a new hopeful race only to cast down their hopes and relish in their despair is perfectly chaos.
>>
>>54982595
Counterpoint; they're also a very boring army, doubly so since everyone plays them.

>>54982561
Imperial Guard, Nids and Orks are pretty easy to play.
Most importantly, what models do you like the look of most?
>>
>>54982277
~450 points Harlequin
~450 points Craftworld
~2000 points Dark Eldar
~600 points Alpha Legion
~1300 points TSons
>>
>>54982524
Well, according to GW themselves the new 1850 is exactly 2k
>>
>>54982612
why not make a race that infiltrates psykers into mankind and cause warp rifts?

>>54982629
>Counterpoint; they're also a very boring army, doubly so since everyone plays them.
so?
what he wants to collect is independent of your opinion of them
>>
>>54982585
>Except that again, it as known to the Eldar before the Fall aka the time when the Necrons were sleeping
Which does not mean it was built before the War in Heaven.

>Oldcron lore that was retconned.
I didn't.

>Time is meaningless in the Warp. There is no linear time in there
And yet GW still set their birth at the War in Heaven.

>The Old One Daemon Cage containing Chaotic entities and daemons
Which wasn't stated to be built before the War in Heaven.

>Be'lakor having memories of the first Necrontyr Necropolis
Time is meaningless in the Warp, could simply be a vision.
>>
>>54982645
>anon asks for opinions
>give my opinion

seems fine to me
>>
>>54982645
Chaos can already make warp rifts as it pleases.
>>
>marines are boring
How? They're special forces is spess. How is that not cool?
>>
>>54982561
Orks. Move forward, charge things. Shoot things while getting in charge range. Super fun army to paint and play, and everyone loves playing against orks.
>>
>>54982593
Fluff and because I like them mostly. I'm hoping the ++4 from asurmen along with farseer powers will keep them about, and if anything is going to get shot at its best to be them. Besides, it'd feel weird running asurmen without them.

Might it be worth a warlock to spam conceal?
>>
>>54982658
if the dudes want his marines, let him have his marines

>>54982672
ignore him
>>
what is going to happen to stubby marines long term?
>>
>>54982674
>everyone loves playing against orks.
>this is what orkfags actually believe
>>
>>54982665
If they could they'd shit them out at good targets not randomly. Hit up the earth non stop. Rather than try and ride the crimson mispath
>>
>>54982595
>>54982629
Generally I kind of go for a style of getting close and personal. I also don't want to have to paint an absurd number of units. And as far as aesthetics SM, IG, and Orks all have something I like about them. Basically for a starter army though I'm looking for something adaptable until I get the flow of the game and find what I really like.
>>
>>54982561
Marines are safe and solid. Lots of people play them if it matters to you.

Orks, IG and nids tend to have a high model count which can be hard to paint and purchase, so unless you really dig them I'd look at something else first.
>>
>>54982709
You can't get more starter friendly than marines, don't have a large model count and can pick melee as well as adapt
>>
>>54982703
Chaos has already won, it's all just a game to them. Humanity is nothing more than an amusement.
>>
>>54982653
>Which does not mean it was built before the War in Heaven.

The Old One Daemon Cage was, not the Necron Cage you moron.

>I didn't.

It as. Look over the Newcron codexes.

>And yet GW still set their birth at the War in Heaven.

They didn't and even if they did it's irrelevant because the Warp has no cause and effect. They can reach out and affect any period of the timeline like how they elevated Be'lakor before the Fall

>Which wasn't stated to be built before the War in Heaven.

Wrong. The War in Heaven happened 60 million years ago. The Old One Daemon Cage was built before life formed on Earth putting it before the War in Heaven by billions of years.

>Time is meaningless in the Warp, could simply be a vision.

Or you are simply a hypocritical moron using a fact of the setting when it suited you.
>>
>>54982730
Go home carnac
>>
>>54982674
I do kinda like Orks for the ability to kitbash and claim an Ork stole and modified it. Ive seen anything from gundams to homemade stuff out of good Ork modelers. Problem is I have no experience with making models yet.
>>
>>54982730
go home to daddy adb
>>
>>54982734
>>54982745
It's the future of GW lore, best get used to it now.
>>
>>54982701
t. autistic former Riptide wing Tau player.

I've been playing Orks since Gorkamorka. People beg me to play my orks just so they don't have to face MEQ army #2342234. Some people have fun playing this game.
>>
>>54982733
>The secret that the Black Legion sought, and that the Adeptus Mechanicus were racing them to seize, lay deep beneath the surface of Amethal. It was ancient – unspeakably, unimaginably so. It was a device the size of a world, forged by godlike beings before Terra had even spawned its first single-celled organisms. It was a cage for the infernal creatures of the Warp, a weapon to dwarf the Damnation Cache that had slipped through Abaddon’s fingers on Pandorax. And, according to the divinations of Lord Xorphas and his followers, it was full to the brim. It required only the correct ritual to be broken open, at which point the sudden release of so many Warp entities would tear a gaping wound in reality itself…

-Traitor's Hate

Lets see....the War in Heaven was 60 million year ago.

The Old One Daemon Cages massive waepons against he infernal denizens of the Warp was constructed before any life appeared on Earth. A quick google search places that 3.2 billion years ago.
>>
>>54982733
Aren't there a whole bunch of Necrons who stayed awake while the rest slumbered. The Praetorians, maybe?
Perhaps they were the ones to build the cage.
>>
>>54982768
Xenos all ally with IoM in Konor for a reason

>>54982701
Everyone reps their dudes

>>54982770
>t-tau p-player
sick burn yo
>>
Am I an enormous asshole if I bring two stormravens in a 2000 point game?
>>
>>54982770
Not a Taufag sorry
>shit that never happened: episode 248
>>
>>54982733
>The Old One Daemon Cage was, not the Necron Cage you moron.
I don't see your proof.

>It as. Look over the Newcron codexes.
>"go read X!"
Not an argument.

>They didn't and even if they did it's irrelevant because the Warp has no cause and effect.
Translation: They didn't because I say so.

>The Old One Daemon Cage was built before life formed on Earth
I don't see your proof.

>Or you are simply a hypocritical moron using a fact of the setting when it suited you.
Projecting already?
>>
>>54982806
Yes.
>>
I'm the guy trying to figure out what army I should choose. I also kinda like tau but from what I know they're too shooty and not enough stabby for me.
>>
File: Ork bafflement.png (166KB, 890x661px) Image search: [Google]
Ork bafflement.png
166KB, 890x661px
>>54982585
>The Old One Daemon Cage containing Chaotic entities and daemons
Chaotic entities and daemons
>Chaotic daemons =/= the Chaos Gods

>>54982701
Dude, considering Orks often lost more times than we won collectively due to getting the shit-end of the stick for several editions (nerfing our shit for no reason over and over) prior to 8e, and generally being pretty cool dudes, of course people enjoy playing against Orks.

We were a lot easier to beat than the other broken armies out there for a LONG time.
>>
>>54982794
The only Necrons with understanding of Necron technology were the Cryptek caste. The TP were in charge of protecting the slumbering Necron dynasties and making sure Necron culture did not die out. They failed in protecting the Necron dynasties and just milled around the galaxy until the Silent King returned.
>>
>>54982843
What kind of army do you like? Marines have a good compromise between shooty and choppy. Loyalists lean to the shooty side, Chaos to the stabby sides.
>>
>>54982822
>I don't see your proof.
>I don't see your proof.

See >>54982786
and eat the biggest dick.

>Not an argument.

Except they are proof that the Necron lore was retconned. From page 1.

>Translation: They didn't because I say so.

Did you just say that you are ignoring the lore because of your feels?

>Projecting already?

Nope, it's you. Be'lakor lore coming up.
>>
>>54982843
If GW would stop sitting with their thumb up their ass we could be dicing in our red armour splashed with the blood of our enemies.
>>
>>54982847
So you admit that people just like playing against you because you're a punching bag then.
>>
File: 1480922745681.png (1MB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1480922745681.png
1MB, 800x1067px
Fellow Thousand Sons players, what kind of spells, relics, etc. are you hoping to see in our codex?
>>
>>54982847
Except chaotic/daemonic = Chaos Gods.

>The Adeptus Mechanicus Tech-Magos Kyber has spent his life piecing together the history of Be’lakor in his exploration of the galactic wilderness, hunting down ancient relics of the Dark Age of Technology. Following the faint trail left by Be’lakor’s passage through history, Magos Kyber has found winged statues carved from the fossilised bones of psykers, crumbling scrolls of human skin that show thousands of tiny figures bowing down before a dark winged shape and stygian horn-fragments sealed in sacred caskets. Unaware of Be’lakor’s true nature, Kyber has become convinced that all these objects are linked to one alien overlord, an ancient creature that has existed for millions of years in various guises and is behind countless vile deeds.

>‘He is not many, he is one, he is the first. A creature as old as creation itself, he has moved unseen between the stars for millennia, twisting the fates of many races and feeding upon their misery. But I have found him, I have learnt his name!’

- Tech-Magos Kyber Arbastri to the Council of Chalice

Be'lakor presence in the galaxy dates back millions of years ago.
>>
The lion el'johnson will return as a daemon primarch with the dark angels codex. SCREENCAP THIS PLEASE
>>
>>54982902
No, the Lion is sleeping soundly in a hidden room in the Rock. Only the hooded manlets and that the one who put him to sleep know.
>>
>>54982902
ARE YOU SAYING THAT THE FIRST AND MOST LOYAL, MOST HANDSOME, STRONGEST, FIERCEST PRIMARCH WOULD TURN INTO A LOUSY HERETICAL DEMON?! REPENT YOU HERETIC
>>
>>54982902
Original and hilarious joke my dude
>>
>>54982878
>>54982786
Now that wasn't so hard was it? Thanks for the free fluff.
>>
>>54982902
GW has been memeing about CSM DA occassionally, maybe they'll do it for the laughs and fans. Just like they made abadingdong a super success after everyone would rag on him all the time
>>
>>54982944
I gladly love to educate ignorant fools such as yourself. Now take the L and leave.

Seriously. teegee has a problem with rampant anti-Chaos wankers.
>>
>>54982971
>problem with rampant anti-Chaos wankers

die carnac
>>
>>54982786
What ever happened after that event in the book? I read it recently and really started to like the Crimson Slaughter and their ghost allies, but the fucking daemon cage seemed like a pretty big deal.
>>
Hey Carnac, if Chaos has been steering the fates of countless races just for shits and giggles, then why do they want to end it all with humanity by deleting reality? Wouldn't that effectively starve them out and end even the Warp itself?
>>
>>54982877
I like the ability to be able to do at least okay in melee because I'm fairly aggressive when it comes to games and I like to charge my enemies. Vehicles are ok but I'm not too concerned with them. But I'll probably be ok with any armor that lets me apply pressure and keep it up.
>>
>>54982240
Xenology heavily implied it was Eldar, not Chaos. But we'll probably never have a definitive answer.
>>
>>54982344
>anyone not in the US or UK
Who cares?

NA and UK buy more than the rest of the world combined.
>>
>>54982934
>MOST LOYAL, MOST HANDSOME, STRONGEST, FIERCEST PRIMARCH
> FIRST
Son you mispelled Ninth.
>>
>>54982768
>It's the future of GW lore, best get used to it now.
Hahaha yeah no.

This 'Chaos is destined to win' shit is a load of crap, and everyone with any sense should make it a point to kick Chaos' teeth in every time GW releases a campaign where Chaos is involved to tell GW and Black Library that "This is a dumb idea, quit trying to force it down our throats."

>>54982971
>I gladly love to educate ignorant fools such as yourself
>educate
>Twisting all lore that I can to paint muh Chaos as invincible and all despite them losing constantly counts as educating
Oh go suck Belakor's schlong Carnac.

The only wanker on /tg/ is the pro-Chaos one, and that wanker is you.
>>
>>54982885

I won plenty of games with my Orks throughout that period, even during the dark days of 7th. No, I never went up against the insanity that could be produced in top tier armies, but that's beside the point. Which is that when people sat down to a game against my Orks, they knew they weren't going up against something unbeatable or, more importantly, unfun. Top tier Eldar, Daemons or Tau could be beaten, but it sure as hell wasn't fun. Playing against Orks was, and remains, fun, because it's refreshingly straightforward and no matter what you do, you'll be causing Ork casualities. So you feel like you're accomplishing something even if you lose.

Was there an element of "I'm going to get an easier victory here so I prefer to play Orks"? Quite probably. But I still won plenty of games, so it was by no means a foregone conclusion.
>>
>>54982971
>I gladly love to educate ignorant fools such as yourself
Of course you do, giving how you never fail to sperg out any time someone gets something wrong. But I apreciate the spoonfeeding, and the shitstorms, since Imperials are just as autistic.

>anti-chaos
I play play World Eaters, and I'm not leaving. How does that make you feel?
>>
>>54982991
No, it won't. There is no time in the Warp. It's a limbo eternal. Besides nothing truly ends. The material world will be reborn anew and everything will happen all over again.

>>54982989
The GS side-fluff showed that the Daemon Cage broke. The daemons locked within are out. Grey Knights are on the way and the minor Blood Angels force is all that's there standing before the daemons.
>>
>>54983019
>is dead
>>
>>54983028
Probably has the opposite effect as GW has to wank them harder to make them seem an actual threat even when they lose.
>>
>>54983051
That doesn't stop him being best boy.
>>
>>54983004
It's a lot easier to buy more stuff when it's literally half the price.
>>
>>54982806
No. An army that can't kill two storm ravens easily at 2K points was going to struggle against any good list.
>>
>>54983028
>twisting the lore
>when I just greentexting the lore to the degenerate anti-Chaos wankers here

Look at this man >>54983043
. Look how he says he is just pretending to be retarded and then claims he is a Chaosfag. You are enabling anons that refuse to read the fluff, old and new. You are enabling unwarranted bitching and whining. You are putting ADB's family in danger.

You are a monster.
>>
>>54983076
>has dreadlocks
>>
>>54983091
>You are putting ADB's family in danger
The more the better. ADB himself should die too.
>>
>>54983001
Unfortunately.
Or maybe fortunately since GW might just muck it up
>tau were secret time activated psykers set up by necrons to battle against eldar gods
>>
>>54983050
Oh cool. I missed that sidebar. I think it would be cool to see the GKs show up and then everything go super sideways because the broken cage mixes with the expanding EoT
>>
>>54983019
THE DEAD DO NOT DESERVE RECOGNITION! WE ARE THE SONS OF THE LION, OUR PRIMARCH IS FAR SUPERIOR IN EVERY WAY
>>
>>54982999
Research about the World Eaters. Will wreck absolutely everything in melee, and have transports like the Spartan and the Land Raider which decimate anyone who tries to cower in the distance, and Dreadclaws/Kharbydis can deep strike your Berzerkers within charge range.

They also have some of the best duelists in the game, with Kharn the Betrayer steamrolling everything that isn't a Primarch.

If you want to keep it loyal, the Black Templars are a rough equivalent.
>>
File: 1493127722439.jpg (389KB, 734x1099px) Image search: [Google]
1493127722439.jpg
389KB, 734x1099px
>>54982415
GK do not natively have access to the pred. You would lose the GK detachment bonus in your battalion.
>>
>>54982344
> implying the prices in the uk are reasonable to begin with.
>>
>>54983050
>Besides nothing truly ends. The material world will be reborn anew and everything will happen all over again.
[Citation needed]
>>
>>54983121
>rough equivalent
>stole a huge chunk of World Eaters' traditions and their style of combat, just added religion
>>
>>54983128
Well I would be happy paying UK prices... Like my sammael for example, costs almost £40 in Sweden
>>
>>54983134
AoS.
>>
>>54983091
>pretending to be retarded
I never bashed Chaos, just asked for proofs of your statements. Aren't you confusing me with someone else?
>>
>>54983121
Yeah but the world eaters are like Fulgrim or some shit and fuck him. Magnus is cool though.
>>
>>54983050
>There is no time in the Warp.
Hold up.

If I understand this correctly, that means ALL Warp Gods, from the Big Four to Gork n' Mork to the God-Emperor of Mankind have ALL existed inside the Warp from the beginning of history (because 'there is no time in the Warp').

Or does the acasuality thing only apply to the Mary-Sues we know as Chaos?
>>
>>54983135
I meant table wise.
>>
>>54983050
So the emperor aged in the warp how?
>>
>>54983166
They all exist unless another God noms them

>God-Emperor of Mankind

Practical, the Emperor is not a god.
>>
File: 200.jpg (25KB, 200x419px) Image search: [Google]
200.jpg
25KB, 200x419px
>>54983149
Different setting.

>>54983161
>Yeah but the world eaters are like Fulgrim or some shit and fuck him.
Those are the Emperor's Children. Our Primarch is this gentleman right here, known as the Red Angel, Angron to friends.
>>
>>54983175
The Emperor isn't even in the Warp. He is like everything else. He is (barely) living being who has his soul anchored to his body.
>>
>>54983180
Our manly manperor still existed in the past due to the nature of the warp however.
>>
>>54983142
I'd be happy paying Sweden prices... Like yourr Sammael for example costs more than £50 in Australia.
>>
>>54983186
Ah. Well he's better. But still kinda one note to me as a character because he's nothing but rage. Leagues better than Fulgrim though.
>>
>>54983194
Not really, because he is not a Warp entity. He is still subjected to the laws of reality.
>>
>>54983192
But doesn't he however enter the warp in the HH books to train(?), he exits a stronger psyker while also aged
>>
I have a 7000pt Minotaurs army, how do I justify adding Primaris Marines to them fluffwise?

Seeing as they're of Iron Warriors geneseed and not at the best of terms with the smurfs I'd think Guilliman giving them a few wouldn't seem likely.

Should I just stick with saying their ties to the high lords gave them preferential treatment or that Cawl went behind Guilliman's back, or just keep them as angry manlets and not hop on the Primaris train?
>>
>>54983019

What, the preening Nancy that got bullied by a blood thirster and then skewered by Edward scissor hands?
>>
File: Where did they go.jpg (210KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Where did they go.jpg
210KB, 1000x1000px
>>54983186
>Different setting.

Connected via the Warp. Daemons in AoS disappeared and it's implied that they went to 40K.
>>
>>54983207
>But still kinda one note to me as a character because he's nothing but rage
Also martial honor, military brilliance (laid waste to 70 sectors in two hundred years with just 50k Berzerkers) a desire for vengeance and revelling in glorious battle. As per quote:

"A millions worlds, a billion battlefields, a trillion foes."
>>
>>54983210
Would death let him ascend? All the sacrifices in his name and his daily psyker ration should have earned him a place like Slaanesh or that new eldar god.
>>
>>54983238
Nowhere does it say they went to 40k.
>>
>>54983262
you dont fucking say? perhaps thats what implied means
>>
>>54983243
Which is why he's a lot better than Fulgrim to me. I don't know why but I just hate the guy. But honestly I think I like most of the primarchs #2 guys over themselves.
>>
>>54983226
Where are you getting Minotaurs are Iron Warriors successors from? They don't have a confirmed bloodline.

And everyone gets Primaris Marines, that's the point. Space Wolves were declared Traitoris Extremis last we heard and then they got Primaris Marines. The Black Templars, the poster child for sticking it up the arse of the codex have Primaris Marines.
>>
>>54983216
Alivia just noted that he looked damaged when he exited the portal. The Emperor wears a magical guise so even if he aged you wouldn't see it.

Horus was the one who aged. Time is convoluted in the Warp. You can enter the Warp and emerge younger than you entered it. Or you can age to dust the minute you leave it like what happened to a certain Grey Knight group
>>
>>54983253
Nah, Chaos Gods are made of emotion. The souls given to the Emperor are consumed to keep the Throne working, they do not make him stronger.
>>
Is this thing any good in 8th? Thinking of buying one for my traitor guard / death korps army.
>>
>>54983272
Not implied even, just your wishful thinking.

Post some actual proof, or is this the part where you were only pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>54983262
>GW releases 8th ED that starts with the birth of the Great Rift and a massive daemon invasion of 40K. The Great Rift wars has the Chaos calls calling most of their daemons into battle.
>suddenly GW releases this picture about daemons missing in the AoS universe
>>
>>54983292
anything FW is usually overpowered and under costed because they dont care about balance just selling models
>>
>>54983280
Yes, but Fulgrim is not the Primarch of the World Eaters, which you seemed to imply.
>>
>>54983316
>tfw you like some of the FW models, but you don't want to be hated for running OP cheese
>>
>>54983302
Then where were the daemons? maybe you need to learn what the word implication means
>>
>>54983285
No they are powered by emotion. They are the embodiment of concepts. The Emperor could very well be the embodiment of the concept of humanity.
>>
>>54983327
depending on what you want to run most of it can just be run as something not broken.
but it really does suck that they make such cool models but care about balance so playing with them is pretty waac
>>
>>54983311
More speculation. But even if it was, time is meaningless in the warp so they should have no trouble being in both places at once :)
>>
>>54983283

Ead Brown who worked on the Badab War and HH books posted it on facebook.

It's also strongly hinted at in the books with their paranoia, preference for siege warfare and use of psycho-indoctrination for faster recruitment.
>>
>>54983340
How bad are Shadow Spectres and Wraithseers? Do they seem WAAC?
>>
>>54983330
No, they are made of emotion. The Emperor is a human bean with a soul, not an emotion.
>>
>>54983272
>>54983311
Ah, but if we're using Carnac 'everything must be explicitly stated! You can't just imply things!' logic to Chaos (for once), the daemons from AoS didn't go to 40k because it wasn't explicitly stated as such.
>>
File: The same thing.jpg (71KB, 515x474px) Image search: [Google]
The same thing.jpg
71KB, 515x474px
>>54983344
>More speculation.

It's not. We know for a fact that both setting are connected via the Warp (see Liber Chaotica from 4th ED 40K and 6th ED fantasy), and the temporal convulsion of the Warp is not something the majority of daemons can work with and control.
>>
>>54983346
There's also references to them having either unknown or even chimeric geneseed. You can't take just one answer to an unanswered question and assume it as fact.

Plenty of the Cursed Founding chapters are paranoid and I'm fairly certain psycho-indoctrination is not even remotely rare amongst Astartes.

There's literally nothing stopping you from taking Primaris Marines unless you're taking one fan theory and taking it as 100% gospel.
>>
>>54982709
>getting close and personal
>don't want to paint an absurd number of units
>starter army
>something adaptable

This screams Space Marines. Preferrably close-combat based/themed.

Blood Angels or Space Wolves

Or Chaos. You might like Nurgle (DeathGuard). They're in vogue right now too.
>>
>>54982893
Curoscator and DOOMBOLT
Maybe a spell like Treason of Tzeentch
>>
>>54983364
Quit strawmming, gawd. See >>54983378
It's explicitly tated that they are connected via the Warp. Just ask and I will post the section in the Liber where a fantasy scholar witnesses Abaddon's Black Crusades and the War in Heaven.

Also a chainsword in fantasy.
>>
>>54983363
What emotion is Nurgle then? Or Cegorach? They are not simply emotions. They're much more than. That and powered by emotion.
>>
>>54983378
>It's not. We know for a fact that both setting are connected via the Warp (see Liber Chaotica from 4th ED 40K and 6th ED fantasy), and the temporal convulsion of the Warp is not something the majority of daemons can work with and control.
You mean old, retconned fluff from a squatted setting? What's next, the Necrons are enslaved the C'tan and out to wipe out all life?

and the temporal convulsion of the Warp is not something the majority of daemons can work with and control
Yet according to you, their Gods, which they are mere fragments of, can. So if the Gods can exist in both places as one by extension so can their daemons.
>>
>>54983412
Nurgle is fear, Slaanesh is desire, Tzeentch is ambition Khorne is anger. Not complicated stuff.
>>
>>54983412
>Nurgle
Despair.

>Cegorach
Artificially created by the Old Ones.
>>
>>54983386
Pros/cons over one or the other? I do like both groups.
>>
>>54983382

I'm taking the word of the writers before in-universe speculation.

The Minotaurs even have the same chapter trait as the Iron Warriors.

The books even mention that the minotaurs that exist now are likely not the same ones that were created during the 13th founding.
>>
>>54983355
wraith seers seem okay because the number of wounds lets you target them but shadow specters reek of being too mobile and too flexible
>>
File: Same daemons.jpg (31KB, 386x277px) Image search: [Google]
Same daemons.jpg
31KB, 386x277px
>>54983378
Opps wrong picture.

>You mean old, retconned fluff from a squatted setting?

Except it wasn't retconned and fantasy was continued in AoS/ If you say something was retconned you better show proof because 7th ED fantasy had this. 8th ED fantasy and End Times had a giant Silver Knight lost in the Warp. Which proceeded a Draigo short story of him seeing the Old World.

>Yet according to you, their Gods

Gods have the power to control the convulsion of the Warp being they are nigh-omnipotent there. Daemons cannot.

And it's not according to me.
>>
>>54983316
>>54983340
What's the no-no don't run FW stuff per faction this edition?

>>54983283
>And everyone gets Primaris Marines, that's the point. Space Wolves were declared Traitoris Extremis last we heard and then they got Primaris Marines. The Black Templars, the poster child for sticking it up the arse of the codex have Primaris Marines.

Guilliman wasn't going to let his brothers spawn not get the new marine hotness
>>
>>54982639
> Excellent taste detected
>>
>>54983124
Razorback, my bad. Always get the 2 mixed up.
>>
>>54983423
Tzeentch is also change and sorcery. Concepts.
>>54983432
Nurgle is disease and decay. Also not an emotion.
>>
The Warhammer, 40k, and AoS settings are connected. This isn't a matter of debate.

All of the named Daemon characters appear in each games rulebooks and Ka'Bandha himself made an appearance at Middenheim and was defeated by Sigmar in End Times: Archaon.
>>
>>54983085
How does your national average salary compare to the UK's?
>>
>>54983474
>Nurgle is disease and decay. Also not an emotion.

Nurgle is despair disease and decay are his tools to spread despair
>>
>>54983437
Blood Angels are vampires, Space Wolves are furfags (not kidding you here).

The former rely on jump packs and deepstriking while the latter is just a clusterfuck of unique stuff, they're such snowflakes that they're completely different from any other chapter.

>>54983454
>Except it wasn't retconned and fantasy was continued in AoS/ If you say something was retconned you better show proof because 7th ED fantasy had this.
AoS is a reboot, not a continuation. Completely different setting and universe.

>Gods have the power to control the convulsion of the Warp being they are nigh-omnipotent there. Daemons cannot.
Daemons are pieces of those gods. Where does it say the Gods can and the Daemons not?
>>
>>54983474
>he didn't know something as basic as nurgle being despair
Top kek
>>
>>54983401
I'm not debating whether or not AoS and 40k are linked, I'm stating that there's no explicit proof that the Daemons who vanished from AoS went into the 40k universe (not really even necessary, since daemons are supposedly limitless to begin with).

By your own "It must explicit!" logic Carnac, since there's no definite proof stating things as such, it must obviously be nothing else than speculation and headcanon.
>>
>>54983465
all good anon. not like they are literally the same box with a different gun on top. Do you plan on playing primarily matched or narrative/open games?
>>
>>54983484
>AoS is a reboot, not a continuation. Completely different setting and universe.

Nope, it's a continuation, you dumbass. The story takes over after the End Times finishes. The Winds of Magic that were loosed by the destruction of the world manifest into separate realities. Sigmar, who is last seen holding the core of the Old World in the End Times, ultimately arrives there and founds civilization. The Core of the Old World contains most of the souls and essences that survived the world's destruction seeding the new Mortal Realms with no life.

>Daemons are pieces of those gods. Where does it say the Gods can and the Daemons not?

Lesser fragments with lesser powers. You are basically saying that a human cell should be capable of what a human can.
>>
>>54983477
>The Warhammer, 40k, and AoS settings are connected because I say so
Lmao

>All of the named Daemon characters appear in each games rulebooks and Ka'Bandha himself made an appearance at Middenheim and was defeated by Sigmar in End Times: Archaon.
Different characters by the same looks and name.
>>
>>54983440
No, you're taking out of universe speculation and rules over in-universe mystery. Until it says somewhere in-setting with a Games Workshop logo on it that the Minotaurs are Iron Warriors successors it's a fan theory. No ifs, ands, ors or buts.
>>
>>54983484
Probably blood angels then. While the unique units might be cool the blood angels if I ever change my mind I think the BA woukd be easier to convert.
>>
>>54983497
Except the timing of the release of that image is an implication of it. The image is not connected to any ongoing narrative in AoS. It just came out with the 40K 8th ED releases Why did GW do that? Just as a random thing? Dude, just admit to being a total wanker.
>>
>>54983525
>Nope, it's a continuation, you dumbass. The story takes over after the End Times finishes. The Winds of Magic that were loosed by the destruction of the world manifest into separate realities. Sigmar, who is last seen holding the core of the Old World in the End Times, ultimately arrives there and founds civilization. The Core of the Old World contains most of the souls and essences that survived the world's destruction seeding the new Mortal Realms with no life.
I don't see your proof.

>Lesser fragments with lesser powers. You are basically saying that a human cell should be capable of what a human can.
Where does it say the Gods can manipulate but the Daemons can't? I don't see your proof.
>>
>>54983474
Nurgle has been despair and ennui for ever.
>>
>>54983526
>Different characters by the same looks and name.

Nope, see >>54983454
One and the same.
>>
>>54983536
You didn't like the World Eaters?
>>
>>54983529

A statement by the writers is now speculation?
>>
>>54983546
I mean I'm just stepping into this conversation but I thought it was just a little wink wink nudge nudge to the audience, not something as huge as confirming 40k and Fantasy are one setting again.
>>
>>54983562
I don't see your proof.

See >>54983550
>>
>>54983580
Yes, it is. Unless it's in a 40k book and stated in-universe it's his personal headcanon. You can like it and choose to adopt it but it's still speculation.
>>
>>54983565
Just not a big fan of most chaos units. Most of them are too...chaotic aesthetically or just weird. Basically I like thousand sons for their looks and that's about it for chaos.
>>
>>54983550
>I don't see your proof.

The ending of End Times and the starting intro of AoS. God you are cancerously dumb. Don't make claims then cannot back them up. I have the End Times book with me here. So lets begin with you.

Tell me where it's said that AoS is a reboot.Give me something official.

>Where does it say the Gods can manipulate but the Daemons can't? I don't see your proof.

8th ED rulebook. Tzeentch is the master of timestream. Also daemons banished into the Warp cannot enter real space until set period of time unless a Chaos God interferes.
>>
>>54983596
Oh well, then go for the BA. Never buy models you don't like, and WE are probably over a year from getting new ones anyway.
>>
>>54983582
The proof is in the image, jackass.

>>54983581

>not something as huge as confirming 40k and Fantasy are one setting again.

Except they never separated them. It's conformed beyond a doubt that they exist within the same multiverse in the Liber Chaotica. There is no wiggle room here.
>>
>>54983621
>Liber Chaotica
Dude that was over 12 years ago, we don't even know if the laws of 'physics' that applied to the gods back then still applies under new fluff.
>>
File: justasplanned.png (28KB, 490x585px) Image search: [Google]
justasplanned.png
28KB, 490x585px
>>54982893
Late response but I'd like to see a spell that tricks the enemy players in a big way, like for example removing a piece of terrain because it was never there in the first place!
>>
>>54983601
>The ending of End Times and the starting intro of AoS. God you are cancerously dumb
I don't see your proof. Don't make claims then cannot back them up.

>8th ED rulebook
>"go read X!"
Not an argument.
>>
>>54983546
>just admit to being a total wanker.
Now you know how the rest of us feel when you're flailing at us with your 'If it's not explicitly stated it didn't happen!" rhetoric Carnac. Your personal headcanon/speculation does not count unless you've got explicit 40k lore to back it up. Hold yourself to your own standard and admit when you're wrong already.

>>54983581
>thought it was just a little wink wink nudge nudge to the audience
It probably much is, this git is just trying to force his personal headcanon on the rest of us as fact without explicit proof to back it up.
>>
>>54983316

Name five FW units that are overpowered and/or undercosted
>>
>>54983637
>Inquisitors can mind control enemy characters
Your move, traitors.
>>
>>54983621
It isn't. Just random text from no discernible source, and doesn't prove AoS is a continuation from WHBF.
>>
>>54982209
BTFO some guardfag running conscripts / chimeras & vet spam/ Vendetta/ mass morale immunity bullshit with my iron warriors.

Course he whined like a bitch that I had too many tanks when he lost. Guard tears taste delicious.
>>
>>54983654
tell us more anon
>>
>>54983634
So? It's still valid even now. You don't get to dismiss fluff without amble proof.

And here is a little nugget.

>GW introduces a Silver Knight in 40K
>Has Draigo witnessing the events of the Old World in his advent day story
>Suddenly a giant Silver Knight lost in the Warp and speaking in a weird accent appears in the Warhammer End Times

All of it a coincidence?
>>
>>54983654
Full batrep?
>>
>>54983651
Nope, try again. But this time be less dishonest.
>>
>>54983654
>play Inquisition
>come up against a Guard player
>I run a Vindicare
>boom headshot his mini-characters one by one
>drown in tears
>>
>>54983679
Nope, try again. But this time be less dishonest.

See? I can strawman too.
>>
>>54983640
Not even the guy your talking to but your so useless. Do your own work and learn about something.

Bet your the type of tool who buys every boxed game
>>
>>54983601
>Tzeentch is the master of timestream.
>Master of the timestream
>Time doesn't exist in the Warp
>the Warp is acasual
Whoever came up with this "there is no such thing as time inside the Warp in order to force Chaos all the way back into the War in Heaven needs to be beaten with a couple bags of dice, because this 'the Warp is acasual' crap broke half the fluff by retconning it in.
>>
>>54983691
>Not even the guy your talking to but your so useless. Do your own work and learn about something.
>"go read X!"
Not an argument.
>>
>>54983649
FW dreads
>>
>>54983666
No, we don't know it's valid. So much has changed since 4th, including, you know, the ENTIRE RESET BUTTON ON THE FANTASY UNIVERSE, you can't just assume something is still canon without confirmation.
>>
>>54983686
Nope, it wasn't a strawman. You dismissed proof just because and refused to handover proof of your own.

You fumbled the argument like a total wanker.

How can any mammal look at the ending of EndTimes where Sigmar is surfing on the core of the Old World towards the unknown, and the intro of AoS where Sigmar riding on the core of the Old World arrives to the Mortals realms, and then says they are not connected. You, sir, are a slug.
>>
File: orks.jpg (516KB, 1296x728px) Image search: [Google]
orks.jpg
516KB, 1296x728px
>>54982277
>only 6000 points

You plebs I have 30,000+ of muh orks. I think with 8e making vehicles/bikes a lot more expensive I own 40,000 now not sure.

and sorry about the pic quality, this pic was one of the only times I ever had my full collection out and about in one spot
>>
>>54983316
>anything FW is usually overpowered and under costed
You've never actually read the FW indexes have you?

BTW Malcadors are thoroughly mediocre.
>>
>>54983720
>>54983696
>No, we don't know it's valid.

Please just because you say so doesn't make it so.

> the ENTIRE RESET BUTTON ON THE FANTASY UNIVERSE,

The setting wasn't reset. It progressed to a new setting built on what came before it.

>you can't just assume something is still canon without confirmation.

Except I read it and can see that it's still valid. It's Chaos lore holds up with the new.
>>
>>54983443
I just really like Wraith units. I've only recently started picking up Craftworld models. Debating what to get next: Another 2 Wraithlords, 2 squads of Wraithguard, or a Wraithknight.
>>
>>54983340
>but it really does suck that they make such cool models but care about balance so playing with them is pretty waac
Pull your head out of your ass. Thry have fewer OP units than GW and a lot more trash units.

Why do you think there are so few FW units making the top tables at tournies where FW is permitted?
>>
File: 2Q==.jpg (5KB, 212x141px) Image search: [Google]
2Q==.jpg
5KB, 212x141px
>>54983722
>post random unsourced text and tries to pass it as evidence
>surpired when he gets called out
>"y-you are dishonest!"
Lmao
>>
>>54983727
It's at this point in the hobby that you gotta ask yourself:

Why haven't you made real Gargants yet? You at least need a Mekboy Gargant and maybe a Great Gargant.
>>
>>54983518
Usually friendly matched play with a sprinkling of narrative/open so my buds and I can have some psychic shenanigans.
>>
>>54983696
Actually, the timelessness of the Warp is a long established fact in the setting. The Chaos Gods and powerful daemons can rewrite timelines if they wished. For example, Be'lakor in the Archaon novels rewrote the timeline behind the back of the Chaos Gods a hundred times (8 times om screen) to make sure his desired outcome came to pass. He would have got away with it if Tzeentch didn't catch him.
>>
>>54983783
I thought FW stuff was banned at tournies regularly
>>
File: spess berk.jpg (52KB, 600x502px) Image search: [Google]
spess berk.jpg
52KB, 600x502px
Someone had posted an all dreadnaught list using the new 8th Ed Spess Marines, would love to have some pointers on how to build such a list.
>>
>>54983650

tzeentch daemons can do the same.
>>
File: 1503006786050.jpg (20KB, 300x314px) Image search: [Google]
1503006786050.jpg
20KB, 300x314px
>>54983238
>Hurr Durr chaos have infinite daemons it cannot lose!!1!
>Daemons completely abandon one setting to attack other
>Couldn't destroy the other setting with literally all daemons
>Chaos ultimate evil guys!!! game over, no one can defeat them!!! Super serious guys!!! why are you laughing at me?!!! STOP IT!!!! REEEEEEEEE!!!!!
LoL
>>
>>54983804
Plenty of tournies permit it.

That's been the case for the last couple of editions.
>>
>>54983714
Last edition, yes. This edition, not so much.
>>
>>54982462
Don't even know on the juggerlord but I get your gripes about WE. I'm actually going to play a predominantly Khornate army but I can't use the trait. While it'd be great if I could use berzerkers as troops, I can instead make my entire army able to advance and charge every turn. That is priceless.

WE in general is pretty bad honestly. The WE warlord trait is "ok", artefact is situational and so is the stratagem. There's very little reason to not go Renegade Khorne.
>>
>>54983834
Kek, the best part is how he still can't prove AoS and WHFB are the same setting. He's literally pushing his own headcanon at this point.
>>
>>54983834
Actually, most of the daemons were recalled from destroying the setting to fight in the Rift Wars. Khorne halted the Blood Crusade and Nurgle stopped the Ulramar siege to redirect their forces for the supremacy wars inside the Great Rift. Once it was resolved, the Chaos daemons went their separated and random ways.
>>
>>54983848
What? +1 attack on the charge is fucking amazing and enables an EC with AoBF to kill even Daemon Princes, not to mention Berzerkers making 6 chainaxe attacks per turn. The Talisman enables you to skyrocket a Prince across the board.

The warlord trait is literally the only bad thing we have.
>>
>>54983892
Is Cheetah guy ban evading?
>>
File: 1502379102822.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1502379102822.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>54983855
I know right what a pathetic loser!
>>
>>54983898
Probably. Just report him if you see him.
>>
>>54983898
Even worst, he have spawned a group of copy cats, it's to late anon, it's taint will never disappear now.
>>
>>54983917
What about his partner in crime >>54983907?
>>
>>54983921
Why would people copycat a guy who's most notable trait is being raped by his brother?
>>
>>54983921
The more the better. This board requires a cleansing.
>>
>>54983925
Cucking CSM players is normal, justified and enforced now days.
>>
What do you guys think I should use to fill out my 2000 point CSM list? Might throw in a heldrake and filling the rest with spawn to grab objectives and back up cultists. Cultists are in 6 squads to fan out for objectives, denying DS, block the rapiers, and to mitigate their low LD

2k CSM list

Patrol Detachment + superheavy deatment

Sorcerer - force axe (106)
Lord - power axe (79)
Lord of Skulls- gatling cannon, cleaver, gorecannon 623
cultists(10) - 40
cultists(10) - 40
cultists(10) - 40
cultists(10) - 40
>>
>>54983925
That's probably just his brother. I forget which of them actually plays 40K.
>>
>>54982373
I like the look of one guy fully kitted out with the others surrounding and supporting him. "Brother! We'll take care of that hoard, you concentrate on that tank charging us."
>>
>>54983945
And I missed half the list in the copy paste. That was stupid of me
cultists(10) - 40
cultists(10) - 40
laser rapier destroyer(3) - 318
laser rapier destroyer(3) - 318
>>
>>54983892
>The Talisman enables you to skyrocket a Prince across the board.
The Talisman is a Khorne artefact, not a World Eaters one. Plus, the trait allows you to do this for your entire army. That's far better than +1 attack on the charge.
>>
For building an Exalted Champion should I just use the Chaos Space Marine Lord kit as a base?
>>
File: JPEG_20170815_130657.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
JPEG_20170815_130657.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>54982709
Getting close? Black Templars. Onslaught of chainsword wielding crusader squads.
>>
>There's still no Errata for Breacher Shield Tactical Squads
>My Vraks Marines literally can't be played right now

fuck you, GW
fuck you, FW
>>
>>54982373
I like >>54983950 this guy's idea. I'll probably do the same for mine and it makes no real difference since you allocate wounds now. You can have him be the last guy standing.

Though I can't fully remember if they can shoot each weapon at different targets. I know each MODEL can do that but unsure if you can split fire a singular model's guns.
>>
>>54983685
>>54983654

Didn't happen.
>>
>>54983964
Isn't that kit in terminator armour? If that's the case, no. ExChamps can't be termies.

you can use anything, he's a guy rising in the ranks and making do with whatever. I made one out of the old AobR SM sergeant. He's got a powerfist, he wanders the night looking for things to punch in the face (but not toohard since he actually extracts the skulls and talks to them, like in Hamlet).

His pose is like that too
>>
File: IMG_20170821_040103.jpg (112KB, 904x605px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170821_040103.jpg
112KB, 904x605px
Still fiddling around with my sorcerer. Thought it would be cool to have some lightning coming off of his force chainglaive, so I mocked it up. Thoughts?
>>
>>54984001
No there's too different Chaos Lord kits, one is termie armor, but the other is normal.
I've been using Aspiring Champions as counts as but I'd like to model an Exalted Champion with a whip ala Blissgiver and either a power sword or a power axe, the sword might make him a bit too Luciusesque though.
>>
>>54984014
Neat idea, but it's going to catch on everything or break constantly. You counter-weight your raptors yet?
>>
Hey, I just converted chaos lord on juggernaut for my Black Legion because I couldn't look at my unpainted WFB skullcrushers and now I don't know if he's even usable. So, anons - any good idea of using this guy?
>>
>>54984053
Fair enough then, I didn't realize. Blissgiver has fuckall AP so I'd encourage sword but yeah, you might have him confused for lucius often. Axe is ok though, Can't go wrong with S5.
>>
>>54984070
They are usable as they are in the Index (I use a Lord on bike myself). Just smash him into things.
>>
What legion will be more OP WE or EC?
>>
DE player here:

So I just finished building a Drazhar, and I'd like to use him at least a few times. I'm currently running small variations on pic related(RIP list builder), and I'm considering dropping the spearhead and a talos, as well as my Archon, in favour of him.

Thoughts? Maybe a better replacement?
>>
>>54984099
DA
>>
>>54983454
What short story?
>>
So as a Guard player I want to make a fluffy get fun army. I have 4 Russes, a Shadowsword, about seventy Guardsmen, 1HWT, twenty Stormtroopers, a few officer's, Lord Commissar, Chimera and a Valkyrie.

Any advice on what to add? I'm thinking Bulgryns or Sentinels.
>>
File: IMG_20170821_042022.jpg (158KB, 1064x661px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170821_042022.jpg
158KB, 1064x661px
>>54984057
That's what magnets are for. And I'm going with Chainglaive warp talons, so the weight isn't much of an issue.
>>
>>54983972

I hope they never get rules, so now I can use all my Breacher squads as Tacticals.
>>
>>54984073
Those were my thoughts too.
But the Blissgiver is perfect for a melee specialist character hunter like the Exalted Champion, Assault d6, causes enemy characters who suffer a wound without dying to take mortal wounds, direct upgrade on a bolt pistol so it's basically free.
I did have a terminator Chaos Lord equipped with a Blissgiver last edition, greenstuffed a whip to work as his entire left arm with a gun in his right, but unfortunately terminators can't take bolt pistols so it's not available anymore, I still use it and just give him a power weapon profile but it'd be nice to field the new Blissgiver.
I was thinking sword because I like the AP, and it does fit Emperor's Children good, but an axe has a simple elegance of it's own, and it more likely to wound, though with his ability to reroll wounds I'm not sure it'd be worth it.
I'll probably try to model his stance differently to Lucius to make it apparent he's not, like having the whip coiled backwards instead of mid lash. That's if I do decide on sword anyway.
>>
>>54984100
Haven't used Drazar, but I've never found more than one Talos useful. Also, what program did you use for that list?
>>
>>54984176
list builder.

It's dead now.
>>
>>54984086
Yeah, I know that. I own Index and codex. I was wondering how to use this fucker. Last week I played against genestealer horde Tyranids army and he did jack shit. Genestealers ate him like nothing.
>>
>>54982277
>~6k 40k and 30k space wolves combined
>~1k talons
>~1k vietnam tau

r8 me /tg/
>>
Sooo, since zerkers and noise marines are troops now fo WE ad EC respectively, they will get no their own codex, amrite?
>>
>>54984190
Not this or the next year most likely.
>>
Which faction gets the most pussy?
>>
>>54983966
man when are fucking BT getting their own codex and boxes
>>
File: wulves2.png (41KB, 676x751px) Image search: [Google]
wulves2.png
41KB, 676x751px
someone rate my team tourney list pls
>>
>>54984201
Tau
Literally always got their face in it

>>54984189
Aint me out of 10
>>
>>54982373
Keep in mind the TS codex might royally fuck you on this, since a lot of the time GW don't like you loading up one guy with all the weapob options.
>>
I'm looking to build a thousand Sons army when I get money again.

fluff-wise, I plan to make it a proper amalgamation of prodigal and loyalist Sons, with paints to match, so I want to fit magnus and ahriman both.

Assuming I don't run any tzeentch daemons, can someone recommend me a list of stuff to pick up for a decent, fluffy 2000 point list? I have no idea where to start. shit,
are tzaangors daemons or just mutated Sons?
>>
>>54984201
Well space wolves have shield maidens or something from a super old codex or something and salamanders actually maintain familial relationships. There's nothing confirming a space marine is sterile so it's possible smaller chapters are expected to put their genetics back into their local planets population in the hopes of getting more suitable space marines in the future.

That said I'm surprised there's no chapter based on giant cats. Lions. Tigers. Jaguar. Saber toothed cats. Something.
>>
>>54984201
Harlequins, obviously.
>Travel across the galaxy at speeds faster than even warp travel
>Personally blessed to be kept from Slaanesh's grasp
>Accepted by nearly every mortal civilization - even as non-humans in Holy Terra
>Technology involves closing distances, psychoactive drugs, and vibration
>Weapons have sensual names ffs
>Bitches love actors
>Who the fuck isn't down to clown?
>>
>>54982536
Where are those heads from?.
>>
File: suffering.jpg (210KB, 948x842px) Image search: [Google]
suffering.jpg
210KB, 948x842px
>>54982392
>bought Dark Imperium on release
>resolved not to buy anything until I have every model painted
>mfw I've painted 4 Plague Marines
>>
>>54984190
>>54984200
As an Emperor's Children player I'm pretty okay with this.
There was no guarantee we'd be getting our own codex, we'd have been left behind by the other cult legions without this errata.
World Eaters losing psykers seems like a fluffy trade off since they weren't supposed to have psykers in the first place, plus they can still deny powers with their stratagem and relic.
>>
>>54984201
Slaaneshi daemons/Emperor's children

They get the pussy, along with the multi cocks and other pussies at the same time.

second would probably be Dark eldar/corsairs. They're not quite all about sex anymore, more sadism and pain, but they still have a LOT of casual fucking and orgies canonically.
>>
>>54984231
Astral Lions
>>
>>54984258
Celestial*
>>
>>54984244
>bought the $55 starter set 1 month ago
>Only have painted 2 marines in different colour schemes
Birds of the same feather, anon.
>>
Got myself two boxes of Gouged Eye bloodbowl orcs. Going to convert them into 40k 'Ardboyz.

Question: Is it better to equip 'Ardboyz with sluggas and choppas, or with shootas?
>>
>>54984232

>Accepted by nearly every mortal civilization - even as non-humans in Holy Terra

Excuse me?
>>
Any chance the dark eldar get development as anything more than part of the ynnari? Or are the two (3 with harlequin) brands of Eldar eventually going to be all joined together as a single space elf force?
>>
>>54984277
The old Harlequin codex mentioned how certain Masques and Troupes were allowed to perform on Terra due to the sheer amount of important information their plays contain.
>>
>>54984222
I love this list.
>>
>>54984277
harlequins can and have visited imperium civilizations pretty often...I'm pretty sure even Terra.

Remember, Cegorach is the closest thing 40k has to an unequivocal hero.
>>
>>54984240

Recasts of the old metal NL upgrade kit
>>
File: St Praexides WIP.jpg (474KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
St Praexides WIP.jpg
474KB, 1280x960px
>>54982277
>POLL TIME
Depends on the army.

Sisters of Battle : ~5-7000 points depending on how I arm them. The motor pool alone is 10 Rhinos, a Repressor, 2 Exorcists, and 7 Immolators. Stack ~200 Sororitas, Celestine, St. Praexides, the Daemonifuge, and the inquisitors onto that and it gets messy
>Painted:
~100 sisters, 11 Imagifiers, 3 Hospitalliers, Celestine, my Canonesses, and the motor pool. About a quarter of the girls are Celestians or Seraphim, but only 15 of the Seras are painted.

>Ministorum:
2 Penny engines, 7 Priests, Jacobis, 4 DCAs, 6 Crusaders
(All painted but the PEs, they're getting stripped and recast to build some AdMech stuff)

>Inquisition:
5 Inquisitors, the Throne of Judgement, ~15-20 Acolytes

>IG
40 2e Stormtroopers (Inquisition colors) All painted.
6 Sentinels, 4 Armored. Unpainted
100 Infantry, mostly Eschers. ~20 painted. Most heavy weapons are man-portable rather than set up as teams.
Another ~50 Ratskin and Redemptionist cultists, ~20 painted.
~20 miscellaneous metal guard, Inquisition colors
Armorcast "ultra-detailed" Baneblade, still unpainted.

Marines:
Full company of MyDudes, plus 1 squad each of Deathwatch and Crusaders. All painted, though pretty roughly - it was my first army, and 20 years ago at that.

AdMech: Unpainted, but massive collection of lead and early pewter. Sorting out what's what still; something like 40 servitors, 15 techpriests, 12 Techmarines, and a handful of Arco-Flagellants/Cybergladiators/Electro-priests that are still getting cleaned up.
Oh, and a Maniple of 5 1e Robots. Most are illegal or 30k only, sadly.

>DE
Unpainted, two 3e plastic box sets with some Reavers, a Talos, all the special characters and a Ravager. Got it at Goodwill for like 15 bucks, cleaning them for eBay purposes.

>Tyranids:
Exocrine and Haruspex from Armorcast, both recently stripped for eBay.

>Assassinorum
2 Vindicares, 1 each of the others. All painted: Vindie #1 is painted as Boba Fett and was like my third mini ever
>>
>>54984292
>Remember, Cegorach is the closest thing 40k has to an unequivocal hero.

The harlequin dex hints that he allowed the Fall to happen.
>>
>>54984359
how exactly would he have stopped it?

"Your actions are going to bring ruin upon your people." "My lord, you are mistaken, we are too powerful to be destroyed, even were the necrons to return! Now, sister Mathis, please take that electrocorrosive whip and rip the flesh off my ass!"
>>
Does Death to the False Emperor also trigger for the results of rerolling 1s when my Khorne Berzerkers are within 6" of a chaos lord?
>>
>>54984415
yes
>>
>>54984290
:^)
>>
>>54984359
The fall was good for the eldar
>>
>>54984359
>>54984445
Slaanesh confirmed good guy
>>
File: 1495107594217.png (28KB, 1916x74px) Image search: [Google]
1495107594217.png
28KB, 1916x74px
>m-muh titan slayer maymay!
Bilefags will defend this.
>>
File: 1502442597664.jpg (368KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1502442597664.jpg
368KB, 894x894px
>>54984456
>guy
>>
File: Hard_Slaanesh_by_Mr_Culexus.jpg (44KB, 300x516px) Image search: [Google]
Hard_Slaanesh_by_Mr_Culexus.jpg
44KB, 300x516px
>>54984463
Guy in this case being used in a similar manner as Daemon Prince in that a term normally reserved for males is used as a gender neutral term as Daemons are not static in form or function.
Plus it has a dick like, roughly half of the time so...
>>
Do Dark Eldar ever enslave Orks
>>
>>54984505
yes. the 7e codex even features a story of Archon Vraesque going to a planet with a toxic atmosphere and enslaving the orks there to build a statue of himself in the undercity, which has a fuckton of toxic gas in the air.
>>
>>54984505
Implying wyches dont like getting ORKED
>>
>>54984541
Orks don't have penii
>>
>>54982277
12k of Space Wolves over 8 years.
Only painted 3k...
send help
>>
>>54984554
What, to cure you of being a furry? Not sure if that's possible.
>>
File: Actual Cannibal.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Actual Cannibal.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>54983921
>cheetah anon
>copy cats
>>
>>54984505
Yeah, it comes up a few times in the fluff. They're apparently considered more trouble than they're worth most of the time, but Dark Eldar are the type to do it just because they can.
>>
>>54984231
>Felinid space marines
>>
File: 99120204017_DrycaHamadreth01.jpg (49KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120204017_DrycaHamadreth01.jpg
49KB, 600x620px
What are some models that would make good bases for Daemon Prince conversions?
>>
>>54983727
i have about 10k points of guard and blood angels now. But it's nothing in comparison
>>
File: 112.jpg (93KB, 964x652px) Image search: [Google]
112.jpg
93KB, 964x652px
>>54984674
I saw some use the snap fit helbute but is always looks like ass.
>>
File: IMG_20170819_101934.jpg (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170819_101934.jpg
2MB, 1944x2592px
>>54984674
I used Bloodwrack Medusa as a base for my Slaanesh Daemon Prince conversion.
>>
>>54983592
>all this ITS HAS TO BE STATED EXPLICITLY REEEEEEE

you are the stupid faggots that ruined 40k
>>
>>54983935
Ok, lets start with you.
>>
>>54984715
I was just looking at the Bloodwrack.

Could you tell me what kind of scale the upper torso is? Like is it around the size of the top half of a marine, bigger, smaller?
>>
>>54984715
>that paint thickness
> that lazy warp bolter
>thoses cum drips
JUST STOP
>>
>>54984693
I never realised the Morghast would make such a nice Night Lords Daemon Prince.
>>
>>54984749
The're great for any undivided DP. Spooky skeleton is best undivided deamons .
Shame you have to buy them in packs of 2
>>
File: Dread List Expanded.pdf (27KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Dread List Expanded.pdf
27KB, 1x1px
>>54984222
Get on my level.
>>
>>54984715
>this is the average slaaneshfag model
>>
>>54984230
Beastmen. They are either their own race or a stable mutation (abhumans like Ogry and Ratlings etc.) depending on what fluff you want to follow.
>>
>>54984743
slightly smaller
>>54984748
Warp Bolter wasn't done when I took the pic.
I'm not the best painter.
It's warp stuff I swear.
>>54984766
No I'm just not very good at painting.
I just finished the model today and haven't taken an updated pic, but it's honestly not that much better.
>>
WTF? Citadel paint app. Why?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/21/coming-soon-the-citadel-paint-system-in-your-pocket/
>>
Not meming but a lot of AoS models can make really good 40k conversions
>>
File: Terrible advice Duncan.png (167KB, 596x459px) Image search: [Google]
Terrible advice Duncan.png
167KB, 596x459px
>>54984792
>as good as having Duncan in your pocket.
>>
>>54984715
>>54984780
Esdese pls
>>
>>54984792
Well, we don't really know what it does yet. Could be useful, says it's a small reference guide so maybe it tells you how to reach certain colors easily or something? Just wait first.
>>
>>54984827
I searched google and just got a blue haired anime girl.
Are you mocking me?
pls no bulli I'm trying to get better at painting and playing the game
>>
>>54984808
I'm actually going through the list of them now. I had an idea for a Slaaneshi Prince that was a big guy in gold/silver armor using a Cronos Pain Engine head for as mask; was hoping one of the Stormcast would work as a body but they're way too bulky and awkward.
>>
>>54984838
Esdese is the alias of a known slaaneshi shitposter. It's not uncommon to call any and all slaaneshfags Esdese because he's just that much of a faggot.
>>
>>54984838
Esdese was some Slaanesh playing shitposter who got 'doxxed'. (As far as finding someone's discord name is doxxing).

Now he's a bogeyman whenever Slaaneshfags shitpost
>>
>>54984780
>Warp Bolter wasn't done when I took the pic.
then why is she part painted? post updated pics!
>I'm not the best painter.
all you have to do is add water man. thin your paints is not jsut a brilliant meme
>It's warp stuff I swear.
says the slaneshi player
>>
>>54984716
>being this triggered by the fact that your headcanon=/=canon
>>
>>54983972
Why the fuck would there be?
>>
File: IMG_20170821_202258.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170821_202258.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
>>54984856
>>54984857
I never even heard of them, but okay.
Not me, I started at the tail end of 7th, I love Slaanesh and I'm a bit of a fag, but not whoever that is.
>>54984860
Okay, here.
I still need to tough up some parts and wash the claws, but she's basically done.
>>
File: concept_by_hammk-db8qd0t.jpg (246KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
concept_by_hammk-db8qd0t.jpg
246KB, 1191x670px
>>54982415
Needs more Daemonhammers, especially on the models that hit on 2+, like the apothecary and the paragons.

You are lacking antitank, but thats nothing that cant be solved with another razorback or two. You could also try a Landraider, and stuff the paladins in there with a character.

You might want to find some room for a purgation squad (give em psilencers) or two. Its 113 points for 24 shots at S4 Ap- Dmg D3, that you can boost to S5 Ap-1. S4 sounds kinda weak, but with them wounding most things on 5s and doing D3 damage they are usually better than psycannons.

Have (you) and a hug for not using any dreadknights. MAH MAN.
>>
File: 1500960987369.png (227KB, 568x510px) Image search: [Google]
1500960987369.png
227KB, 568x510px
So GW is fine leaving Thousand Sons completely unplayable until they get their codex, but they rush to fix broken rules for World Eaters/Emperor's Children
>>
>>54984948
>putting hammers on the apothecary
Why
Put a warding stave on him so he dies less easily you retard
>>
>>54984955
Yeah, but we get our own codex while they don't. It's a nice tradeoff.
>>
>>54983821
Use the Chaplain Dread as your HQ ( i think he's forgeworld)
Also, use lots forgeworld to be competitive, apparently. Or, just use whatever you thin is cool. Mix in some techmarines if you want repairs. There's also a salamander dread character, fyi.
>>
>>54984955
>completely unplayable
Stop being a colossal faggot.

Inquisition is completely unplayable, TS are fine.
>>
>>54984955
Thousand Sons still use index rules
>>
>you will never have Pozwalkers fill your neg-hole with their load

Why live?
>>
File: 1493975596079.png (335KB, 509x546px) Image search: [Google]
1493975596079.png
335KB, 509x546px
>>54984993
god damn it Nurgle you gross bastard
>>
File: 1503255865089.png (94KB, 1077x216px) Image search: [Google]
1503255865089.png
94KB, 1077x216px
>>54984955
Does this mean Thousand Sons will be able to have Rubrics as troops again too?
>>
>>54984993
Be a faggot elsewhere please.
>>
>>54984999

>999

Seems promising
>>
File: 1495897534811.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1495897534811.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>54984962
That works well too. I used to run him like that.

However, I've had some pretty good results with the hammer, he hits as hard as a SM captain would, and my opponents always attack the paladins/draigo/whatever beatstick is also in combat with them for whatever reason. He hasn't died in any of the games where I've played him.

So of course I'll make him hit harder if my opponents are retarded like that.
>>
>>54985018
Thinking back, I don't think he's ever actually lost a single wound in any of the games either. Noone has ever tried to kill him.

Damn.
I gotta give that motherfucker a name.
>>
>>54984992
Now watch them reee at you because of reasons for which they cannot provide proof.
>>
>>54985032
GW explicitly stated they use index rules with codex points costs, same for Death Guard, until their codices come out.
>>
Are thousand sons the only marines dedicated to tzeentch? Are there any other 'normal' tzeentch marines?
>>
>>54985018
>>54985029
Sounds like your opponents are just double digit IQ retards. In my experience with other Termie apothecaries people get pissed off at them really fast, especially when they spend a whole turn shooting a squad that doesn't die. Hence they tend to eventually die to a shitty 5++ roll when their bodyguard is dead.
>>
>>54985049
Any Chaos marines can start praying to Tzeentch, yes. But none but Rubric Marines get special rules out of that trade.
>>
>>54985049
Nope, plenty of other traitor warbands devoted to Tzeentch.
>>
>>54985047
Precisely. But there are still people who would refuse to play your list if it contained Rhinos and Helbrutes because they're idiots.
>>
>>54985051
Yeah, I always wonder why they never try to kill him. I guess they always panic when I deepstrike Draigo and my paladins in their faces and forget about that wee' little apothecary. He always resurrects/heals his points back ingame, and now that I've given him a hammer, he kills his points back as well.
>>
>>54984231
Blood Jaguars?
>>
>>54984189
>1k vietnam tau
Pics?
>>
>>54984792
could be like those ios painting guides...
>free
does not compute
or I bet they're just going to sell detailed guides as in app purchases
>>
>>54985069
>>54985074
How would you model them? Would they have more tentacles or mutations then regular marines?
>>
How dead is Games Workshop now that FFG are releasing a new Star Wars tabletop game?

You can't hide behind 'X-wing is pre-painted, its not stealing anything!'. This new thing is unpainted and is gonna destroy 40k since Star Wars is the most popular and best sci-fi franchise out there.
>>
Is bait folks, dont respond to it
>>
File: IMG_5388.jpg (495KB, 1688x1615px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5388.jpg
495KB, 1688x1615px
My attempt at Duncan's volcanic base. Thoughts?
>>
>>54982277
Just bought my first model (Trygon) and I'm gonna get the smaller starter box soon. Don't want to get the larger one just because I feel like I'd get burnt out doing that much making and painting in one go
>>
>>54985293
>>54985270
My thoughts are you double posted like a silly bitch

base's look prett good though
>>
>>54985293
bretty good
>>
>>54985296
Nah, second image is in focus. First image was not.
>>
>>54985293
Lava could use some work.
>>
>>54985263
Really up to you anon.

The thing about Chaos warbands is you can run them a lot of ways and focus on different aspects of Chaos. Could have it be focus on sneaky plots and play them like Alpha Legion, could spam sorcerers and psychic powers, could go all in on mutations, with Spawn, Possessed, or simply using conversions for wargear (like monster claws for Power Fists, etc)
>>
File: IMG_20170725_215506.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170725_215506.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I know I'm not supposed to batrep so I'll post an old pic and you'll have to pretend I wasn't here but this dude just solo'd 5 Genestealers last night without taking a wound.
Dubs name him
>>
>>54985390
King nigger jew
>>
>>54985400
It is done
>>
>>54985408
>>54985400
Thus....is the rule of these lands. On the bright side his orders should be more effective now.
I'll just refer to him as "King" when at the LGS though.
>>
Is there an easier way to get horus heresy meltaguns and plasma guns than buying from Z? I'm getting some Mark IV assault marines from MirandaIrene for my Blood Angels and I want to run 2 squads with 2 plasma and 2 melta in either one
>>
>>54985431
You big puss, challange a black dude to a game and use his full name.
>>
>>54985435
>Is there an easier way to get horus heresy
Yeah just here friendo :)
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Legion-Plasma-Gun-Set-2015
>>
>>54985459
Does he also have to be Hebrew?
>>
>>54985459
A jewish black dude. Preferrably the one in that one video who shouted "THE HOLOCAUST IS A JOKE" and "HEIL HITLER" while having a star of david around his neck.
>>
>>54985471
Depends, most people are more offended by anti-semtism reguardless of their relgion
>>
>>54985268
>This new thing is unpainted

This will be interesting to see, x-wing is normie bait because it is pre-painted. How many normies will purchase unpainted (and unassembled?) models?
>>
>>54985490
Less than X-Wing and much less than 40K, I'm betting Legion will last 6 months and then they'll drop support for it, or just have very small quarterly updates to make it looks like they still care. 80% we'll never see proper Clones Wars stuff.
>>
>>54985268
It'll be like GW's LOTR stuff a decade ago. Successful while the films are in vogue and then it'll die a quiet death.
>>
>>54982277
I own 2000pts of Blood Angels. I'm currently painting enough so I can field a fully painted 1000 pts army, will paint the rest after that.
>>
>>54983846

Grav leviathan is quite undercosted, the rest is fine.

Punisher vulture and half of FW guard artillery is undercosted.
>>
>>54985280
Not even good bait
>>
>>54984222

Have fun against mobile armies
>>
So I'm thinking my best Stormraven nose gun option might be the melta? I mean, the assault cannon and hurricane bolters have horde work covered, and with that ridiculously high move I can plop straight into Melta range whilst I'm waiting to disgorge my cargo on turn 2.

Plus, I have to buy the stormstrike missiles anyhow, and those synergise pretty well I think?
>>
>>54985602
I run melta, asscannon and hurricane

But it depends on the rest of your list.
If you are really lacking anti tank, melta + lascannons
If you are really lacking anti-horde and/or need to keep the SR cheap, HB + asscannon
always take hurricanes.
>>
>>54985435
There were plastic onces in the Burning of Prospero box. Raid eBay and bitz sites?
Good chance they are gone.

I used my melta, but if you're in the UK reply with how you'd like to drop an address and Ill post you some plasma if I can find them.
>>
how good are Tomb Blades in 8th?

I'm thinking of starting a Necron army with a load of them because NEED FOR SPEED NECRONS

if they're a shit i'll just have to make a desert-scavenger IG army instead
>>
>>54985733
They're shit
>>
>>54985733

Good but overcosted
>>
A few threads back I saw a pic of some fists with some really cool shields that someone said we're from Badab War. Do those have current 8th rules?
>>
>>54985755

Dedicated rules? No

But you can use the as combat shields or storm shields.
>>
>>54985740
>>54985738

FUCK
well, that might be the end of that idea then since I can't think of any good colour schemes either
>>
>>54985777
It looked like a whole squad using them. Iirc only sgts of a few units like Assault Marines could use combat shields, right?
>>
hey been interested in 40k for a few years now but never really got into the game looking to start with playing imperial guard any tips on what/where to buy for a new guy?
>>
>>54985903
Starter boxes my man. Better value
>>
>>54985903
For $200 you can get two Start Collecting! boxes and all the supplies you'll need. It's a super solid starting force. Try to grab an extra 60mm base price a few and you can double up the heavy teams by putting one gunner on each instead of a gunner and loader/spotter.
>>
>>54985962
Also if you don't want to commit to a heavy weapon, build it as a Lascannon and add a little green stuff tab to the back of a H Bolter and Autocannon so they can use the same spacing. It'll let you swap through all three.
>>
>>54985903
Those other guys are right, SC! for IG is amazing. BUT do you want Cadians? Perhaps you want dkok or steel legion or vostroyan?
If that's the case SL may get SC! box in few months but rest of regiments are pretty expensive and there's no good value box for them.
>>
>>54986022
>>54986022
>>54986022
new
>>
>>54984134
I say sentinels. I use a team of 3 armored sentinals with two Lascannons and a missile launcher. I'm thinking of getting a few more to put flamers and chainsaws on them for some anti infantry work.
>>
>>54984285
I suspect Ynnari will be their own thing actually, in some ways, like they'll get unique units, while other factions may get their own stuff too. I don't think we'll see all Eldar as one any more than we'll see all Imperium forces merge.

In fact, I'd not be surprised if we saw either Crone World or Exodite Eldar show up some time.
>>
>>54984976
Space Wolves give access to the Venerable Dreads with Storm Shields, which are cheap and effective.

Blood Angels give access to Librarian Dreads as an HQ option as well, and also good (but expensive) Death Company Dreads.

Mortis Dreads are your friend, anyone can take them and they're not really cheesy or strange compared to many other options.

Also, a fun option is to go the Chaos Version, using Hellwrights as your HQs and then taking Helbrutes and the FW Dread options. Make shockingly good shooters with stuff like Hellforged Contemptors rocking twin Butcher Cannons and Havoc Launchers, which can benefit from the Fire Frenzy Strategem to fire twice.
>>
Hey guys,

Would appreciate if someone could take a look at my list:

Battalion detachment

+++HQ+++
Chaplain with crozius, stormbolter and crusaders helm
Emperor's champion, armour of faith, black sword

+++ Troops +++
9 man crusader squad, all with chainswords and boltpistols
9 man crusader squad, all with chainswords and boltpistols
5 man crusader squad, 4 marines with bolters, 1 with a lascannon

+++ Elites +++

Venerable dreadnought, twin lascannon, dreadnought fist + stormbolter

+++ Flyers +++

Stormtalon, twin assault cannon + typhoon missile launchers

+++ Transports +++

Rhino, 2 stormbolters
Rhino, 2 stormbolters

Sums up to 998 points

The plan is for the chaplain to ride in a rhino with one of the 9 man crusader squads and the emperor's champion to ride in a rhino with the other 9 man crusader squad to engage MEQ targets, preferably i will have both rhinos unload close enough to each other so i can benefit off of the chaplains 9" reroll to hit aura.

5 man crusader squad for an objective, lascannon to pink off some wounds off of heavier targets

Dread goes for heavier targets with his lascannon and so does the stormtalon which can also aim for weaker targets with the assault cannon or the 2D6 S4D1 profile of the typhoon launcher

Thanks
>>
>>54986602

Shit forgot to mention i'm using black templar chapter tactics
>>
>>54986602

I'd switch one 9m squad into a 5m one and give both 5m squads melta + combi-melta

Run a 2x twin autocannon venerable dread for backline objective grab
Thread posts: 425
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.