[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help Me /tg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: blackrambo.jpg (170KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
blackrambo.jpg
170KB, 500x500px
Hello valian/tg/entlemen. I have undertook the endeavor of writing (aka "plagiarizing") my own homebrew tabletop system. Hell yeah! But I've encountered a massive roadblock.
I'm a fucking idiot
What I've wrote thus far seems to have a good outline, but some internal logistics could be my downfall. I google doc'd several pages as of now, but I'm having a little trouble with the actual engine, skills, and how all that translates into combat. I came here because i've heard "/tg/ gets shit done" and I hope you can assist me in getting this autistic, hole ridden, buggy system in tip-top shape. Basically, I want this to be a smooth-running fun game with minimal math (Again, retarded) and gory and impactful combat. I am not opposed to integrating other systems into my own.
tldr; helb bls
LINK;
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12PrvA4QQRddC3hCNL2m0oelxD7_YhBzG1iByZ0-SUtA/edit
>>
>>54981901
>I came here because i've heard "/tg/ gets shit done"
you heard wrong
>>
>>54981920
I do admit I was looking through hopeful lenses
>>
>>54982110
you just came here and hoped someone would do your job for you. If you had lurked more you may have had found out that you had been better off in a game development general whenever there is one.
Regarding your System: It is a pretty generic dnd rip off, i see no sense in modifieng it farther if you dont have any further ideas now. Usually with succesful works like this you have a really good idea for a centre mechanic and fit everything around it. You have a mediocre start and are already asking for help.
>>
>>54981901
>Dindu_Baggins.jpg
>>
>>54984706
I had sunk the ship from the start
>>
>>54982110

/tg/ has diminished. You will find no succor here.
>>
>>54981901
You've just taken d20 modern, removed classes, split dex into coordination and speed, wisdom into perception and willpower and written up a bunch of custom tables and skills.

You might be lost but there's nothing anyone can do to help you at this stage, outside writing the entire system for you.
Why are you making a new system? Did you want to run some homebrew or did you want to sell it?
>>
>>54981901
Here's an idea

Don't, just use gurps

I mean if you find a generic system that works for you, then you can use your creative energies on making your own setting(or whatever)
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.