[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Legacy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 33

File: aluren.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
aluren.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
Paradise Edition

DISCUSSION:
>Has the online meta been solved or is there still room for growth and innovation?
>What was the worst punt you've ever had?
>Are Twinblade lists just FOTM?

RESOURCES:
>"Active" Legacy Forums
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5
>Current Legacy Metagame
http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy
http://tcdecks.net/format.php?format=Legacy
>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more
http://basiclandart.tumblr.com
> Budget lists for newer players
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1me_bqX45Fh_auKaETDcE6GgxWq569qspmBk1VoOtBHU/edit?usp=sharing

READINGS:
>This Week in Legacy (Imp Painter is back?!)
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/this-week-in-legacy-commander-2017-spoilers
>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
http://www.channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/
>Deck Database (Updated)
https://pastebin.com/73W9q1JT
>>
>>54978185
>What was the worst punt you've ever had?
Forgot my chalice trigger twice in a row to die to double invigorate out of infect. Shit still tilts the fuck out of me just remembering it.

>Are Twinblade lists just FOTM?
I think yes to an extent, people seem to really enjoy brewing with the card, so it seems to go in and out of fashion. I've seen all sorts of crazy ST stuff, from Stoneblade to Standstill builds.

>Imp Painter is back?!
That's great news that the deck might still be viable, I've always thought it was a one of the coolest/most unique decks in the format. Almost makes we want to try and dig up the last recruiter I need to give it a go.
>>
Is it a bad thing that it costs thousands of dollars to play legacy?

t. commander player
>>
>>54979057
no, it keeps modern and standard babbies from shitting up the format
>>
>>54979057
It doesn't necessarily cost thousands of dollars, there are reasonable decks in the $750 or less range. Sure, their are very expensive tier 1 decks like Czech pile, Grixis Delver, G/R Lands, etc. that cost absurd sums of money, but it's not required to play the format. The cost barrier to me is both a good and bad thing, it runs people away from the format due to sticker shock, but it also ensures that only people that are serious and enthusiastic about legacy are joining the format.
>>
my LGS recently allowed proxies for legacy so i am going to start playing, what are some fun decks?
>>
I have most of burn and merfolk. Is either worth the trouble?
>>
>>54979138
there are people joining legacy?
>>
>>54979229
Yep, after EM dropped we had 3 players join legacy night, one guy on D&T, one guy on Merfolk, and one guy on budget UR Delver. Recently we've had a couple other newbies show up without decks, luckily most the regulars have 2+ decks and are willing to loan them out.
>>
>>54979177
Depends on your definition of fun, what type of decks do you generally enjoy playing?
>>
>>54979305
in modern i played the birthing pod deck and currently faeries
>>
>>54979447
There are versions of pod decks in legacy, mostly Junk or BUG Nicfit using Green Sun's Zenith for tutoring/silver bullets and Veteran Explorer+Cabal Therapy for interaction/ramp. BUG gets you Force, Brainstorm, and JTMS while Junk gets you Pernicious Deed and extra Discard/Removal. The closest thing I can think of to modern Faeries is going to be something like UWx Spirit Blade, but you could also probably brew legacy faeries if you wanted, it would be a UBx deck, which is a good start in legacy. Maybe there's a decent Standstill list with Faeries...
>>
>>54979214
not really, both are very one-dimensional and you will get bored fast
>>
>>54979214
Of those two I'd build into Merfolk due to the upgrade paths it opens up. Buying into merfolk gets you Chalice, Force, Daze, Back to Basics, Vials, and Caverns. That's a pretty good starting place which will allow you to branch out into several decks at a later date. Those staples put you on the path to branch out into D&T, UWx Stoneblade/Spiritblade, UR Delver, or Sea Stompy.
>>
>>54979083
Honest question, would a larger player base really hurt the format? Is that really something Legacy players worry about? Figured Modern sucks because the card balance, not the player base.
>>
Why are legacy players so elitist?
>>
>>54981192
Sure, some legacy players can be. By in large my general experience is that legacy players are pretty chill and just want people to play with. At legacy night at my LGS the regulars will loan out decks to anybody that want to play, we don't give a damn about much anything else besides playing the format and shooting the shit. You might get some eye rolls or sighs at meme deck (read: Belcher, PSI, Manaless Dredge, etc.), but that's usually about it. The most toxic/elitist format I have played has been modern by far, it's so toxic in my area that I stopped playing even though it would allow me to play 3-4x the amount of legacy games I get to play in a given month.
>>
should I have a 1-of Mirri's Guile or Sylvan Library in Deadguy Ale?
>>
>>54981338
Mostly talking about posts like these>>54979083
>>54979908
>>
>>54982104
Honestly, I think they're mainly shitposters looking to get a rise out of people by being deliberately abrasive or contrarian.
>>
>>54982556
Oh well, I really like the older formats shame the Reserve List keeps things so absurdly expensive. Even Commanders starting to suffer from that stuff, a lot of the Legends enchantments are super competitive in it but cost an arm and a leg, becoming pay to win at my LGS
>>
What's the "cheapest" way to get into Legacy? I have something resembling a burn deck (from when I played in Middle School) but it's by no means great, even with some recent edits I did (like adding in Lightning Bolt).
>>
>>54982699
Burn.
4 Goblin Guide
4 Monastery Swiftspear
4 Eidolon of the Great Revel
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Chain Lightning
4 Lava Spike
4 Rift Bolt
4 Flame Rift
4 Price of Progress
4 Fireblast
19 Mountain
1 Barbarian Ring

Alternatively you can cut 4 Flane Rift and run 2 Grim Lavamancer and 2 Sulfuric Vortex
>>
>>54982699
You can build 20 mountain burn from scratch for ~$100, you can build the fetch based version for ~$300. Manaless dredge is about ~$300 and can be made significantly better by upgrading it with Lion's Eye Diamond to LED Dredge, which is ~$550. The cheapest blue deck you could probably build right now is no dual UR Delver at ~$600, but you'll be getting yourself Forces out of the deal. You can build Ghost Quarter D&T for ~$675. You could also build yourself a prison combo deck with UW or WR Parfait at ~$650.
>>
How to play FoW Dredge(aka Pitch Dredge?) And by this I mean please spoonfeed me a decklist because I am not a Dredge play expert.
>>
>>54982104
Fish player, it is very 1-dimensional. Drop fish, drop lord, beat face. Drop force and daze when needed. Splashed a bit of green for edric, but now run leovold and drop him in with vial.

>>54982699
Burn, look it up on mtgtop8 and acquire parts.

>>54983150
The goal is to get your hand in your gy, replace all of your draws with high number dredges, and then proceed to resurrect a creature or 2 and swing with a shit ton of zombies for lethal. FoW dredge adds in force and a blue hand cycle creature so that you have another means to possibly dredge for every card in hand and run just enough blue spells that you can use force to stand a chance of winning games 2 and 3.
>>
File: IMG_9729.jpg (46KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9729.jpg
46KB, 400x500px
>gameshop allows proxies
so what deck should i play
unlimited funds
>>
>>54984257
lands
>>
>>54984257
Eureka'n'Show
>>
>>54984257
>Dutch Stax
Go for style points anon
>>
>>54984257
Big Red or Moggcatcher. Because mountain is the best land type and you like to share with Blood Moon.
>>
>>54978185
>what was your worst punt
I've got 2 good ones.
In top8 of a win-a-dual i lost r1g1 to SnT, then g2 I mulled to 6 and kept a hand of 5 lands and a xantid swarm. I have no idea why.
Or the time I punted away my chance at an SCG open day 2 by building a doomsday pile that involved wishing for a card I'd sided in, when it was silly to side the card in in the first place
>>
>>54982780
Lavamancer without fetches is eh, just n amount of Searing Blood is better.
>>
>>54984751

>Eureka'n'Show

Please tell me this is actually real.
>>
>>54984257
BR Reanimator at least for one showing, people presume everyone shows up with 3k fair decks or SNT when it's a proxy event so they might skim on the excessive yard hate.
>>
Can i build something reasonable in legacy with modern affinity?
>>
Hello, I have a question regarding the stack resolve. If I play Ravenous Rats, and in response, my opponent plays an instant like Snap or Force Away, does the triggered ability still makes him discard a card?

Thanks
>>
>>54986032
Yes, The ETB ability doesn't care if the permanent that generated it is still on the battlefield when it would resolve.
>>
>>54986042
Thanks a lot!
>>
>>54985965
Put in ancient tombs, artifact lands, playset of Etched Champion and Chalice of the Void and hope nobody runs Null Rod. You're basically playing stompy in Legacy instead of 4d chess aggro.
>>
>>54986294
What the fuck is this 4d chess meme. Modern Affinity is not difficult.
>>
>>54986474
Deck has reasonable WR even if you don't play optimally =! deck is not difficult to play optimally.
>>
File: 80.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
80.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>>54982699

I'd say Burn is the cheapest, but the price on Reanimator has crashed through the floor thanks to reprintings of Entomb and Animate Dead. Red-Black and Monoblack Reanimator are great budget decks that let you cheat out powerful and goofy cards faster than opponents can respond (or are able to respond to). I actually beat face with Stormtide Leviathan last week. The budget lists for new players in the OP have some fun goofy decks too you can build for cheap.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1me_bqX45Fh_auKaETDcE6GgxWq569qspmBk1VoOtBHU/edit?usp=sharing
>>
fuck cloudpost and the other one

how is that shit not banned
>>
>>54987998
Because Post decks honestly are not even that good now that they lost their best matchup (SDT Miracles) and SDT.
>>
>>54988380
if you arent playing counter magic how do you beat a turn 2 thought knot
>>
>>54980642
Yeah it does get old, I ended up shifting to u/w blade from it, cause u do get alot of value
>>
>>54988451
Discard, destroy lands, race with creatures, blood moon them, or combo out. Its a post deck, if your not playing countermagic you go under them and attack the main resource they are built around (making lots of mana).
>>
>>54988451
Cabal Therapy
>>
>>54988538
I dont see death and taxes beating it unless it has a vial and 4 wastelands and you dodge chalice on one
>>
>>54986523
Yeah but see I was saying that it isn't particularly hard to play optimally.
>>
>>54988770
Then you're just wrong.
>>
>>54988585
That is probably pretty hard matchup for standard D&T, the red splash version for Magus of the Moon would probably do a little better against 12post type decks.
>>
>>54989168
Or you're just dim and can't figure it out
>>
Calling all Stormfags! Calling all Stormfag! What are the weirdest lines you've taken to reach victory? I'm talking lines you see in 1/1000 games kind of weird. Here's a weird one I ran into recently with TES against Burn. It was turn 3 and I'd Probed him and seen that I was dead If I didn't kill him that turn. My hand was: Ponder, Dark Ritual x2, LED, Burning Wish, Chrome Mox with Island, Underground Sea, and Volcanic on the table. I cast Ponder finding Dark Ritual, LED, Infernal and put it back (top to bottom) LED, IT, Ritual and drew LED. I then cast the 2x LED (3), Mox (4), 2x Ritual (6, BBBBB), Burning Wish (7, Crack 2x LED, RRRBBBBUUU), get/cast Past in Flames (8, RRBUUU), flashback 2x Ritual (10, RRBBBBBUUU), flashback Ponder, draw IT(11,RRBBBBUU), cast IT get Burning Wish (12, RRBBBUU), cast Burning Wish get Tendrils (13 RBBBU), cast Tendrils (14, U). So it's a PiF line that involves casting ponder twice in order to get the top 2/3 cards it needed to win. Shit like this is the reason I love playing storm, you get awesome puzzles like this to solve on occasion.
>>
Guys brew me a deck that plays winds of change.
>>
File: Frustrated Baby.jpg (219KB, 1920x1880px) Image search: [Google]
Frustrated Baby.jpg
219KB, 1920x1880px
>want to play something cheap
>want to play SFM
>another friend already wants to play DnT

what should I play
>>
>>54992019
Spiritblade
>>
File: is this shit green.png (241KB, 634x626px) Image search: [Google]
is this shit green.png
241KB, 634x626px
>>54992085
>play blue
>don't play brainstorm/ponder

y tho
>>
>>54992019
Dredge. You only need a playset of LEDs to play the most fun deck.
>>
>>54992268
There are some versions of the UW deck that play Brainstorm, the problem is that Thalia and Brainstorm don't really like each other. Think of it more as D&T with blue as opposed to a cantrip shell deck.
>>
>>54992426
Oh nevermind, you mentioned needing SFM, not just a cheap deck.
>>
>>54992426
>>54992446
I mean I do have manaless dredge, but I don't know if a deck like LED Dredge is something I'd have fun taking to tournaments every week

>>54992428
would black be better than blue in a DnT style?
>>
>>54993122
LED Dredge is basically a worse version of BR Reanimator at least for the moment, you fold to FoW+DRS if you don't have the nuts just as likely while mulliganing about twice as much and having said nuts much less and worse matchups all across the board. Without Miracles there's zero reason to play it, Manaless actually has the advantage now by blanking all interaction except sideboard bullets, only problem is trying to go under an active DRS, especially vs Grixis Delver which just probes your Annex trigger.
>>
From EFros new CFB Article. Any takes on this?

White and blue have historically been the control colors, and that is still very much the case today. The quality of the removal that you pair with blue has always been an important element in building a control deck. But when the removal becomes more important than the permission, and planeswalkers offer better card advantage than the mediocre card draw we have in Standard, maybe blue isn’t necessary?
>>
>>54982780
>4 Eidolon of the Great Revel
>4 Flame Rift
Sounds like a recipe for disaster.
>>
>>54993303
Why? Other than Delver with the nut draw or some unwinnable combo matchup nothing races Burn.
>>
>>54978185
I love that flavor text so much
>>
>>54993203
Actually, make that more likely. At least Reanimator can buy some turns with Brutality and the other discard spells, or just turn 1 with Annex backup.
>>
>>54991996
turn 2 angler
>>
>>54993393
wait thats not how the card works
>>
>>54991996
UR Boobytrap
>>
I don't really get why Cunning Wish builds for Sneak and Show are the best right now. Cunning Wish seems insanely fucking slow, are you supposed to preemptively wish for stuff that can stop people from fucking with ur combo? Or are you supposed to actually cast 5 mana trick binds?
>>
>>54993548
They can win without combat, which is relevant vs Ensnaring Bridge, Reanimator with Tidespout Tyrant and DNT. Wishing for outs to random jank isn't too bad either.
>>
>>54993449
>>54991996
1 Fabricate
3 Mountain
3 Molten Psyche
3 Mountain
4 Copy Artifact
4 Brainstorm
3 Blood Moon
4 Snapcaster Mage
3 Howling Mine
4 Scalding Tarn
4 Island
4 Volcanic Island
4 Winds of Change
4 Gitaxian Probe
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Reforge the Soul
>>
>>54993766
4 booby trap of course
>>
I havent seriously played legacy in maybe three years. I have Death n Taxes and Eldrazi.

Is it worth trying to get back in? i might just sell everything and invest in another hobby
>>
dnt is still good

eldrazi is still whatever
>>
>>54993835
DNT got some busted cards in recent sets, it's great give it a spin. Eldrazi has been on a downswing since Dragon Stompy is the better lol you dont get to play -deck and Miracles isn't *really* a thing anymore.
>>
>>54994143
What's the busted stuff I should look up?
>>
>>54994166
Recruiter of the Guard with all your favorite 1-ofs maindecked for cheese wins, Sanctum Prelate, Palace Jailer.
>>
WHO

/DREDGE/

HERE??
>>
>>54994432
MANALESS DREDGE OR BUST

FUCK GAME 2 AND 3
>>
File: dredge.jpg (334KB, 900x619px) Image search: [Google]
dredge.jpg
334KB, 900x619px
>>54994432
It's dead, Jim.
>>
>>54994553

You have to go back to the Modern general.
>>
>>54994553
>It's dead
it wouldn't work if everything were alive buddy
>>
>>54994553
I would sooner not play Legacy than give up Dredge.
>>
>>54990553
Shit man I have too many to count. Turn 1 nat drills by chaining can trips, ETW in my doomsday piles, winning through double chalice and force of will on my combo turn, winning by attacking with lab maniac, resolving 3 doomsdays in one turn.
>>
>>54995900
>resolving 3 doomsdays in one turn
Color me curious, how did that happen?
>>
>>54996393
Lots of mana, I needed a double doomsday pile to win (needed a lot of storm and lab man was out due to lots of removal) and I decided to showboat a little.
>>
>>54995900
>tfw you've won with narco beatdown vs fucking elvea
That game was clowny as FUCK
>>
chose one
>the reserve list disappears
>legacy disappears
>>
>>55000265
Yeah I won a storm pseudo-mirror with lab-man beats. After blowing away each other's hands in the first couple turns, any time either of us would build up to try to go off, the other would top deck discard to stop them. Really dumb game, lots of dead drawing.
>>
So i have a combo that makes me able to stack my whole deck in any order i want. Is there a sequence of cards i could win with instantly
>>
Post your all-time favorite Legacy games, excluding the obvious Merriam vs Sullivan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yhBiJuQumQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybOKEUhCvDo
>>
>>55002232
Greg "shitbrew so hard shits cash" Hatch
>>
>>55001973
What do you have to work with after stacking your deck? Cantrips? mana floating?
>>
>>54990553

>TES Vs some esper stoneblade thing
>Grindy game, G2, I've sided out my warrens main in favour of PiF to preempt EE and the like and go for the drill kill
>Keep a hand with PiF and tutor, some rits, figure I'll cantrip til I find what I need.
>Feeling comfortable, over the next few turns as I try and cantrip for a wish/discard he plays stoneforge mystic followed by batterskull.
>Swings with batterskull, he's up to 22, I'm at 14.
>I duress his only counter, but still In pretty bad shape
>I need to win this turn before things get away from me completely
>Ponder, see ad naus and LED on top.
>Grab LED, start casting rits, cast PiF, if he has a counter it's now or never.
>Git probe hold priority crack 2 LED for blue and black, I have a load of mana but no wish.
>As naus down to 2, still no wish. My tutors are useless, no more uncracked LEDs to discard
>Flashback another probe, paying actual mana for it, volcanic island.
>Volcanic island, ponder and brainstorm left in gy.
>Play ponder, top 3 cards, no dice.
>Shuffle, draw.
>DING DING DING BURNING WISH
>Play the rits i my gy, chrome mix, lotus petals
>ends up coming out to 13 storm
>All according to plan all along
>>
Why did Eternal Masters actually drive down prices on Legacy decks but Modern Masters had the opposite effect on Modern decks? What are you hoping to see Legacy-wise reprinted in Iconic Masters?
>>
>>55004438
RISHADAN PORT

Hopefully with some cooler art than the Judge holo, it's awfully generic imo.
>>
>>55004438
I'd like to see Ponder and Dark Ritual reprints, to drive down the cost of foils.
>>
>>55004438
I'm guessing that Modern Masters reprinted enough staples for people to get all the cards they needed for decks, but the damand increased more than supply.
Legacy however still requires reserve list cards for several decks. Sure, you can get a FOW cheaper, but that Underground Sea or Volcanic Island is still going to be the main entry barrier.
>>
>>55004503
The Rishadan Port artworks are both comfy as fuck, but I'm always in favor of new artwork.
>>
>>55001973
>So i have a combo that makes me able to stack my whole deck in any order i want. Is there a sequence of cards i could win with instantly

Describing literally bad doomsday.

>>54993323
Never playing against infect.
>>
>>55005622
>Infect
>racing mono bolt your dude
Again, if they have the nuts.
>>
>>55005762
>Bolting a dude and not my face.
>Just straight up losing when you tap out for Eidolon or a Searing spell.
I'm mostly jk. I don't like the matchup as infect that much. But if you're implying that infect loses to 1-2 removal spells before just winning in a meta full of grixis delver and Czech pile that's hilarious.
>>
If Iconic masters is going to have loads of Dragons, Angels, and Demons with high mana costs I hope they reprint Ancient Tomb at uncommon again.
>>
are there a lot of DnT variants like there are in modern or do people only play mono-W
>>
>>55009509
theres mono and then theres RW
>>
>>55009509
Deadguy and Dnt sometimes blur together a bit. I've seen bw dnt.
>>
>>54985856
It is in vintage, why not in legacy.
>>
>>54986032
>>54986042
>>54986091
This personifies why I prefer legacy over modern. If this was asked in modern thread people would have bitched about it, why is this poster in a competitive thread for such a basic rules question, etc. Gets asked in a legacy thread though and everyone just acts like bros.
>>
>>54992268
My spiritblade list played brainstorm, dont know what you're talking about.
>>
>>54995900
Your pile win through surgical was pretty dope.
>>
>>55004438
Eureka, rishadan port, bazaar, library. (obviously those last two wont happen because WotC simply wont)
>>
>>55010112
Eureka is reserved obviously, but it would still be fun.
>>
>>55009534
>>55009789
well I wanted to play a 2 color SFM deck so I guess I'll go with Deadguy
>>
>>55010093
Oh yeah I forgot about that one it was pretty sick. "You want to shuffle my pile with surgical? I'll do it myself thanks". Leave a fetch uncracked and put a land in my pile so my Infernal contract will draw the whole pile instead of risking losing by not drawing the right 4. That was the jist of it.
>>
>>54993342

I do too. It reminds me of Redwall series writing. Those books are near and dear to me, without them I would have never gotten into fantasy and later Magic.
>>
>when the guy on xmage is shit talking your plays but you whoop his ass anyway
>>
>>55012621
Most people who do that are salty shitters.
>>
>>55014749
im just mad he left before i could hit him some smack talk of my own
>>
would you recommend eldrazi stompy for a beginner to legacy

asking for myself__
>>
>>55016117
What like 12 post? Meh, I think you should stick to something easier and also niche, like eldrazi, unless your goal is to be a timmy, then I think Mono-Red Sneak Attack is consistent and easier to handle
>>
>kytheon
>forked bolt
what is going on
>>
>>55016117
Whoops, I'm an idiot. I meant to say Enchantress, not eldrazi. >>55016176
>>
>>55002232
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26PPRnVCLVA
This one is always great because of how close it was and really emphasis choice making and great navigation. The decks don't just play themselves, you are a pilot and actually matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhfszFhjyuE&list=PL5d1KNNFArSNnve7VUJsQEajXOxqZd9ml&index=8
And then here is the exact antithesis of the above statement, but the reaction on his opponents face really gets me. Like usually people pout or just shake their head. If it was most of the shitters at my shop, they'd cry over it and storm out, but here it looks like a cool guy taking the licks and trying to enjoy a game he loves
>>
>when reanimator turns one twice and you dont get to play

FUN TIMES
>>
>>55016189
Oh shit, I think I just played that guy on Xmage. He was running Isamaru, too. And G2 against my Wr Parfait he brought in three Ethersworn Canonists for some reason. It was weird.
>>
>>55016523
nah i was spectating your game lol
>>
>>55016523
maybe he thought you were playing a wierd enchantress deck or something
>>
>>55016176
>>55016191
nah I was thinking of the eldrazi mimic build with all of the sol lands

I'm very unsure of what to play since the only deck I have is modern GB Tron, but I want to sell for legacy that since I don't enjoy it that much
>>
File: 1460243588283.jpg (14KB, 172x182px) Image search: [Google]
1460243588283.jpg
14KB, 172x182px
>>55016691
>Tron
You kiddin me? Like I know you're new, but man have so many options over tron now.
You might be thinking more closely at MUD which is more sol land reliant, but eldrazi aggro is possible, however it's not that great. Sure turn 2 thoughtknot is cool, but everyone is much more equipped to deal with it and recover fast.
If your focused on eldrazi, big fatties are the only way to go. You like casting Ulamog and Kozilek and Emerakul to win every game? 16 post is the way to go.

If you just want a good deck that doesn't require much preknowledge of the format, but demands you know more about your deck try a bug combo like Allurren or Food Chain. Or you could try G/B pox which is a variant on 8 rack, only better.
>>
>>55007215
Never goy.
>>
>>55010112
>bazaar
Let my little dredge nigga free.
Let the forma burn.
>>
File: 1501606597784.png (17KB, 241x200px) Image search: [Google]
1501606597784.png
17KB, 241x200px
>>55016865
Well I have been proxying expensive esper deathblade and I like SFM a lot, I just don't want to play it for real because undergrounds and tropics are too expensive for me

I realize now that I should probably just buy DnT
>>
>>55017109
you could play no dual UW Stoneblade with Back to Basics for now and upgrade to UWx later as you acquire duals.
>>
What deck was that? Where you trying something out? With the liliana and the green planeswalker guy?
>>
I'm interested in getting into Legacy. Is BR Reanimator a good starting point or will it bore me? I love reanimating big dumb creatures in EDH so seeing a deck with 3-4 Sire of Insanities appeals to me but Griselbrand is so powerful that I feel I'd get bored of entomb-reanimating him over and over again.
>>
>>55019225
BR Reanimator is kind of a one trick pony, but if you enjoy reanimating ridiculous creatures it sounds like the ticket. Buying into BR Reanimator would also give you most a good number of the pieces to switch over to UB Reanimator or Tinfins if you wanted to at a later date.
>>
>>55019325
The number of cards you have is irrelevant. What matters is the price of Underground Sea.
>>
>>55019325
Sounds good, I'll try out the budget build in the google doc. Is it possible to do a more toolboxy reanimation deck if I feel the Griselbrand plan is too boring or will I be crushed by the meta?
>>
>>55019422
And? It would be better to have to buy Seas and ~$400 worth of other cards he wouldn't have from RB of Mono B? Building into BR or Mono B Reanimator will give him a clear upgrade path with a deck he can play NOW without having to spending ~$2k in one shot to be able to play at all.

>>55019430
UB is the more toolbox oriented Reanimator build. I usually runs a creature mix like:
3-4x Chancellor
3-4x Griselbrand
1x Iona (sometimes SB)
1x Tidespout Tyrant
1x Elish Norn (usually SB)
1x Inkwell Leviathan (usually SB)

There's lots of other creatures you could run depending on what you are expecting to play against like Archetype of Endurance, Grave Titan, or Ashen Rider.

There's also a Mono B Reanimator/Storm crossover using some spicy stuff like Resolute Archangel. It's fairly inexpensive to boot, especially if you skip the singleton Grim Tutor.

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=16326&d=300813&f=LE
>>
>>55019600
How is Norn SB? Dredge and Delver literally cannot beat it.
>>
>>55019712
Lots of recent UB and BR lists have been running Norn in the SB, though some lists are still running it MB.

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=16614&d=302755&f=LE
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=16534&d=302262&f=LE
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=16432&d=301525&f=LE
>>
>>55019712
Neither can they beat Griselbrand or Iona on black/blue. Norn is a blank or too easily removed in more matchups than not, at least Annex on the field slows your opponents a whole lot.
>>
>>55019430
>>55019600

I run a UB Reanimator But never had the Chancellor/Griselbrands, and instead just filled it with big bullshit bargin-bin rare creatures to fight against certain archetypes. Blazing Archon/Stormtide Leviathan to grind creature strategies to a halt, Avatar of Woe and Ashen Rider to get rid of problems on the board, Spirit of the Hearth to block storm effects. It doesn't win in one turn like the Griselbrand strategy, but I still went 3-2 against a competitive field of tournament-list decks like Elves, Merfolk, ANT, Burn, and UW Stoneblade. Frankly, I think I had more fun playing and reanimating these janky cards then I would have had going "play Griselbrand and win"
>>
>>55009846
Lack of fast mana mostly. Its a bit winmore in legacy since Emrakul/Griseldaddy/Omniscience wins pretty handily anyways.
>>
>>55021114
That's the best part about reanimator. The core of your deck is always the same, but your reanimation targets are completely customizable.
>>
Going to a local 1k this weekend, this is the list I'm bringing. Any suggestions?

3 Doomsday
4 Burning Wish
1 Act On Impulse
1 Laboratory Maniac
4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
4 Probe
4 Preordain
4 Therapy
3 Duress
4 Ritual
1 Rain of Filth
3 Lotus Petal
4 LED
4 Delta
3 Misty
2 Mire
2 Sea
1 Badlands
1 Volc
2 Island
1 Swamp

1 Doomsday
1 Tendrils
1 Massacre
1 Infernal Contract
1 Empty the Warren
1 Telemin Performance
1 Consign//Oblivion
1 By Force
1 Inquisition of Kozilek
2 Defense Grid
2 Surgical Extraction
2 Echoing Truth
>>
>>55024230
yeah, play a better deck
>>
>>55024439
Ah yes of course how could I have overlooked that possibility? So sorry to have offended your sensibilities, Oh Great Star of the East.
>>
>>55024503
i mean you are playing a meme deck
>>
>>55024503
Fuck off, nobody thinks you're cool or special for playing your shit pile. Fucking namefags
>>
>>55024964
>>55025086

What a bunch of cranky babies. Okay here is your attention. You're getting attention from me. Now you can go back to /memedern/, okay?
>>
>>55024964
I'm well aware. I intend to play it. I don't really know how to play anything else to a level I'd feel confident taking to a tournament, and I wouldn't have as much fun if I did. Telling me to play a different deck is a waste your time.
>>
>>55025232
>go to the modern thread when you are playing legacy

memesday players everyone
>>
File: 3135325.png (130KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3135325.png
130KB, 1000x1000px
>tfw figured out the spiciest fucking Parfait yet to exist
W/U/B
Might post my list once I see how it goes this weekend
>>
>>55026075

what does the B add?
>>
>>55026128
Basic swamps
>>
>>55026075
>B Parfait
But anon I'm too poor to buy Chains of Mephistopheles
>>
File: 0807171134.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
0807171134.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Is painful truths a decent add since tops banning?
>>
>>55027028
Painful Truths seems okay, but not optimal. Have you tried more Libraries or even a Scroll Rack?
>>
>>55027028

Maybe it's just me, but I always thought Read the Bones was better than Painful Truths because the scry lets you sculpt your draws better.
>>
>>55027028
Library seems better. But why only 1 rhino?
>>
File: 20170517_161656.jpg (44KB, 198x267px) Image search: [Google]
20170517_161656.jpg
44KB, 198x267px
>>55019225
>Griselbrand is so powerful that I feel I'd get bored of entomb-reanimating him over and over again
You be surprised. Then again the deck satisfies all my mechanical itches which can't be said for everyone.
>fst
Check
>cheap tutoring
Check
>fast mana
Check
>ridiculous card draw
Check
>prison elements
Check
>target discard
Check

This is my hole. It was made for me.
>>
>>55027129
I suspect a deck like that would benefit more from quantity given the density of card quality.
>>
>>55024230
Why not the Emrakul/Shelldock build?
>>
>>55027028
I think painful truths is good, I tried one in the sideboard even when top was around and it was decent. The first library is good, but obviously they are useless in multiples and die to deed, which is why I like painful truths in grindier matchups (which are quite common now with the popularity of all the 3/4 color control decks).
>>
>>55031073
I agree, I've been running a singleton Painful Truths in my Nicfit SB and it's been great! I'm currently trying to find space for another one to help deal with other grindy fair decks.
>>
>>55029598
It's not great. It was worth it in the board when miracles was a major player because it let you cast Doomsday into CB and get free wins. In this current delver format it's way too slow and vulnerable to wasteland.
>>
>>55031829
Ah. Makes sense, It always seemed like a good way to dodge removal and permission, but the abundance of wastelands probably does make it bad.
>>
bump so we dont fucking die holy shit just fucking type something to keep the thread alive
>>
Anybody have a WIP deck? If so, what are you building and does have any spicy includes?
>>
File: chrome_2017-08-23_21-39-41.png (22KB, 976x267px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-08-23_21-39-41.png
22KB, 976x267px
I kind of want to include a tireless tracker but I'm pretty sure that's just worse than having Mirri's Guile or Library
>>
>>55032393
Yeah basically all the blue decks it might be decent against are playing wasteland. New miracles isn't common enough to warrant such a narrow slot. Defense grid is better and decent against the delver decks too.
>>
>>55034059
I've been playing around with a mono black pox deck with an Entomb package. Bloodghasts, darkblast, dakmor salvage, cabal therapy. Maybe necroplasm and syphon life. It's pretty fun.
>>
>>55034087
I don't understand why you have a guile or a basic forest...
>>
>>55034212
>Necroplasm

this is the kind of spicy I can get behind.
>>
File: Current UW Parfait.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Current UW Parfait.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>55034059
I'm currently working on UW Parfait, got some advice last thread and got to jam some games, so I've made some changes. Still need to test out if I like In the Eye of Chaos better than 3ball. I'm also still debating on Luminarch Ascension, it's only won me a single game. I'm thinking it should be either another JTMS of more removal.
>>
>>55035198
Why no Zuran Orb? Also, what's the plan against Storm G1? Just Scepter lock? I think running a Runed Halo or Trinisphere main could be helpful there.
>>
>>55035198
>he doesn't know
THOPTER
SPICE
NETWORK
>>
>>55035325
>Zuran Orb?
Zuran Orb hasn't really seemed to do anything in the deck, It was almost always a dead top deck. Every few games it would let me sack lands to activate Land Tax again but that was about it. Generally the Decks that you would want orb against we are already very favored against (Burn, D&T, etc.)

>what's the plan against Storm G1?
You try to scepter lock them out, but you are pretty much losing game one to storm as it's currently built. Luckily I'm one of only two storm players at my LGS and the other guy only runs ANT once in a blue moon. If I was expecting a meta with more storm I would definitely have 3ball in the main. I might just cut the Archangel Ascension all together for the 3ball in the SB, it's been pretty useless.

>>55035398
Thopter Spy Network is interesting, I just don't know it it does what the deck wants. With Scroll Rack it's not uncommon to see 10+ new cards in a single turn. it seems like it would fill a similar roll to Luminarch Ascension, but Ascension has generally been lackluster. My dilemma with these type of cards has been: why make 1/1 or 4/4 fliers when you can just kill them with Helm?
>>
>>55035637
>Zuran Orb hasn't really seemed to do anything in the deck, It was almost always a dead top deck. Every few games it would let me sack lands to activate Land Tax again but that was about it. Generally the Decks that you would want orb against we are already very favored against (Burn, D&T, etc.)
I think Zorb is more important in the mono-white or Wr versions of the deck, but if your opponent is good and actually tries to play around your Land Tax it becomes very hard to activate it without Orb or a couple Mox Diamonds. It also allows you to play out lands to resolve Wrath or Humility and then go back to Taxing afterwards.

>My dilemma with these type of cards has been: why make 1/1 or 4/4 fliers when you can just kill them with Helm?
Two reasons. One, it's good to have a backup win condition if something prevents you from using Helm, and if it's using combat damage that's even better because it gets around Leyline. The other is that having a number of threats that are strong on their own is key to beating other fair decks that can actually interact with your prison, like pretty much anything BGx. For this role I think Spy Network is probably better than Luminarch Ascension.
>>
I'm new to legacy (coming from Standard, Modern is cancer where i live) and I saw a Belcher list and it's crazy that it can get away with just 1 land, but it got me thinking why even play the land? Are there any decks that don't play land?
>>
>>55037616
Yep, look into Spanish Inquisition of Manaless Dredge.
>>
>>55035198
How would Suppression Field perform in this over Back to Basics? Sure it affects you too, but it completely cripples any fetchland based manabase which BtB doesn't touch.
>>
>>55037616
Definitely check out Manaless Dredge like >>55037769 said.
It's a really interesting deck that doesn't play the way any magic deck should, and it's pretty cheap to pick up since all the cards are <$10.
>>
>>55034426
the basic forest is going to be a savanna or bayou #2, whichever happens first

a handful of the pikula/deadguyale lists on mtgtop8 were running guile I because it makes confidant better if you ever land both
>>
It's been a while, /tg/!

>>55037616

There's a Charbelcher deck that runs Recross the Paths to stack the deck with zero lands. It's not great, but it's been done.

There's also All Spells. Sixty percent of the time, it works... every time.
>>
>>55039011
What's up my dude? You take a break from legacy?
>>
Manaless Dredge is fun but is it actually good enough to win rounds at FNM?
>>
Is the mono red storm list going around a meme or an actual playable deck?
>>
>>55042689
FNM? Sure.
Depends on your meta though. If people aren't prepared for it, you'll get free wins. If they are, you're pretty much boned.
>>
>>55043064
It's about as playable as any other meme deck. It's good enough to dip your toes into Legacy, and then you'll get hooked after seeing the interesting decks your opponents are playing.
>>
>>55043064
It's a bit of a meme but I think it's a great entry deck. It's explosive, reasonably resilient and cheap. It doesn't really have a good upgrade path into other decks though
>>
File: 1461539686191.jpg (11KB, 392x243px) Image search: [Google]
1461539686191.jpg
11KB, 392x243px
>>54979057
i came here to make this shitpost again but it looks like it's still the same thread going on after 4 days so i can't, i guess

enjoy your dead gay format lmao

t. gruul barbarian roleplayer from /edhg/
>>
>>55044060
Top notch shitpost brah. Touches all the right nerves. Keep up the good work.
>>
>>55044060
Legacy is only for people who can use punctuation.
>>
>>55044181
holy shit punctuationposting is the best
>>
I play dredge without LEDs, fight me. Just got 2 draws out of 4 in game evening, which got me a bit sad.

Has anyone else tried prized amalgam in LED version? To me it felt completely unnecessary win more, so instead of 3x Ichorid 1x PA I went back to 4x Ichorid.
>>
>>54993303
not really, in bunr you do at least 3 damage ever turn, so you should ALWAYS have the life lead.
>>
>>55048275
Free creatures from the grave seems great in dredge. Don't see how it could be bad.
>>
File: 1495729370857.jpg (124KB, 300x900px) Image search: [Google]
1495729370857.jpg
124KB, 300x900px
>>55051255
So we are at T-3 days until the next B&R announcement. Any predictions? It's possible we'll get an unbaning now that SDT is gone (fingers crossed for Earthcraft, Mindtwist, or Survival). The only other remotely likely change I can see would be a DRS banning due to its warping of the fair creature based decks in the format into BGx.
>>
>>55040630

Was in NY for a while doing continuing education/job-search stuff. Didn't get the chance to play much at all, but I'm back in the saddle! Unfortunately, looks like the whole effing meta took the summer off. Holding my breath for Sunday SUNDAY SUNDAAAAAY. How you been? Doomsday still treating you well?

Inching closer to finishing Nic Fit for great justice. And to beat up on value decks with a distinctly valueless deck.
>>
>>55048275

Last time I took Dredge for a spin I had two PAms and four Ichorids. Might switch the Amalgams back to Putrid Imps next time I take the deck out, but it seemed fine to me. Feeds Ichorid and Force and is the only thing big enough to survive Elesh Norn. It's definitely the worst free recursive creature (except Nether Shadow), but it's a free recursive creature.
>>
>>55051856
Release the monster.
Unban baghdad
>>
A bit of a textwall incoming, but I read this on a new Channel Fireball article and would like your thoughts on it.

Rarely are blue's greatest strengths the highlight of a deck anymore, and when they are, it’s almost always creature-centric. A deck like U/R Control or U/W Approach almost feels out of place and is rarely tier 1.
One persistent curiousity since Sphinx’s Revelation rotated is that blue often isn’t even best at drawing cards. That honor has often gone to green decks—Collected Company, Tireless Tracker, and their planeswalkers generally all provide more card advantage than anything in blue. Every other color has had their card draw stapled to a threat at an equal or cheaper cost than if the card simply said "draw X" on it.

Blue decks likely wouldn’t have been losing so many late games if a card like Glimmer of Genius imitated Harnessed Lightning and scaled with additional energy. Instead, anything that provides a large amount of raw card advantage often has a massive drawback or mana cost attached. Meanwhile, its ability to cantrip has been removed from spells and changed to cycling or added to cards like Champion of Wits.
Countermagic has also dropped off dramatically in power, which is arguably not a bad thing. We’ve been slowly inching back to where the bar should likely be with cards like Disallow and Censor, while keeping former staples Negate and Essence Scatter relevant. If we see a slight buff to general countermagic, perhaps we’ll see a return of pure control strategies to the metagame.
>>
>>55051856
Personally I'm predicting no changes. I don't think anything is bad enough.

>>55052130
Are you going to that big Legacy side event at the TJ'S Titanium thing, or just your local?
>>55053354
Not sure this applies to legacy friendo.
>>
>>55051255
PA is kinda bad because in LED Dredge, you're typically only running 7-8 Narcs/Ichorids so if you wiff on any of them, the PA is useless.
>>
File: 523454235.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
523454235.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>tfw no Vintage general
>tfw no one to play Vintage with irl
>tfw Vintage is too fucking expensive to get into if you don't have the cards already
I fucking LOVE vintage but I got no one to play with irl, only online
I wish they could reprint the older blocks but y'know..
>>
>>55055900
Also, even if you hit narcomoeba, you can't throw PA to cabal like you could narco and all the benefits you get from PA goes into next turn, at what point your ichorid is active, which is the better card for the deck. If you get only ichorid, you push benefits of PA further back a turn, making it too slow. Not to mention 4 ichorids is sometimes too much, so if you are playing 3 ichorids, a 1x PA is completely waste, cause you could just add 4th ichorid.

Even diversifying to counter surgical or something is unnecessary, because surgicaling ichorid makes PA so much worse.
>>
>>55056071
On a side note to counter surgical and other hate like Elesh Norn, I'm thinking about testing out a single Unburial Rites in the side board. It seems like too much setup, but you could technically pull it off with LED and one land to get a wincon through hate.
Is this just a dumb idea though?
>>
>>55054889

I was just going to the local; where's the Legacy side event? Maybe I can get a crew together to go down there.

>>55053354

This is largely true. One of the many reasons I'll never go back to Modern is that there are too many babbies who whinge about the "power of blue" in Legacy, yet who run green in every Modern deck they play because it gives card advantage on a comparable level for the format's power and speed. A concurrent and related problem is that noncreature utility spells have really fallen off in power over the same period—the only good Modern noncreature spells to speak of are almost all removal/disruption (where they barely keep pace with the older cards) or Commander-made haymakers that are too expensive for Legacy anyway.

It's worth pointing out that creature power has increased greatly as spell power has plummeted. Traditional wisdom regarding creature power (and I'm kicking myself for not having the source for this) was that a creature, by definition, is the most efficient means to win the game; it's a permanent that is always capable of damaging the opponent, preventing them from damaging you, and drawing fire and reducing opposing card advantage. So around 2001, a 3-mana 3/2 was a good investment because it stacked damage rapidly if it wasn't answered; a 3-mana spell that draws two cards is less effective because the mana spent goes away and doesn't have a palpable impact on your board and hand for more than a turn or maybe two.

About that, they were correct. Of course, given that all that is true, it made perfect sense to up the power of creatures (a 1-mana 3/2 flying) while simultaneously reducing the power of non-removal spells (Lightning Bolt for 3! At Sorcery speed!).
>>
>>55055915
>wish they could reprint the older blocks but y'know..

frankly, this is something I've thought about a lot. Wouldn't it be a blast to draft sets like Ice Age/Alliances, or Mirage/Visions again? Drafting Urza's Saga?
>>
>>55056226
It's in worcester at the DCU center. Modern main event saturday, Legacy 1k on sunday.
>>
File: 1499506718941.png (2MB, 1512x1512px) Image search: [Google]
1499506718941.png
2MB, 1512x1512px
>>55056709
>Drafting Urza's Saga?
A man can dream, anon... A man can dream
>>
>>55001973
I mean there's always charbelcher
>>
>>55056848
Implying the combo isn't probably recross the paths with no lands in your deck.
>>
>>55024230
3 petals seems like a lot compared to what i'm used to seeing. did you give up with doing cute bauble things and just replace your tops with more mana?
>>
>>55057077
Basically, 1 petal is required because it's low opportunity cost and it enables certain piles. When we had SDT, you could get away with just the 1 because the deck was geared towards consistency and inevitability. With the way the format is now, and with the loss of top, things had to change a bit. Most lists are going to 3-4 petals to improve the chances of an early ETW and increase the number of t1/t2 kills. With this list, I basically swapped the SDTs for Preordain, cut a land for a petal, and dropped the 1-2 main board anti-hate slots for another petal or 2. Between Wish and better ETWs, there is less need for anti-hate main. Bauble is something I've played with as a "stored draw" replacement for top, and it can do some neat tricks but in the end I decided the 4th preordain was better in this style of list. There may be a list out there that wants multiple baubles, some people are testing it.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 736x527px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 736x527px
I've been a combo/aggro player pretty much since I started playing for realsies few years back, but lately while playing DNT online I feel ecstatic with all the Revokers, combat tricks with mom, Jitte and Flickerwisp and locking people out of the right number with Prelate. Whereas animating a Griselbrand or ritual ritual tutor Tendrils is like punching a little kid, DNT feels like chess or fencing. Anyone else familiar with this feel?
>>
>turn 2 hymn
>turn 3 shardless into hymn
look ma, no hand
>>
didn't see a modern thread so i'll ask here
been a few years since i've been in the loop so i don't know what the meta is.

I'd like to play a tamiyo moon ninja deck, will i just get btfo?
>>
>>55058899
yes
>>
>>55058923
how to not get btfo
>>
>>55058958
Play a different deck
>>
>>55059031
fugg
>>
File: KeepOrMull.png (152KB, 724x148px) Image search: [Google]
KeepOrMull.png
152KB, 724x148px
Keep or Mull? G2 on the draw vs Burn
>>
>>55059354
Scoop and sell deck.
>>
>>55059671
>>55059354
I agree, this is the best line imo
>>
>>55057327
That's what jeskai was suppose to be in standard so many years ago. Maverick is also suppose to have a close feels, but it seems a little too static. The only feeling close to what you are describing is two control player matchup or a tempo sans delver vs combo matchup
>>
>>55059855
>>55059671
>not finishing the game before you sell your deck
Have some dignity, people.
>>
>>54980718
> would a larger player base really hurt the format?
no
>would diluting the player base with retards jumping ship from worse formats really hurt the format?
yes
>>
>>55060003
I see what you mean, although at least in Modern at the moment the UW mirror is profoundly stupid and basically comes down to either losing due to missing land drops or it just draws because both decks are just monoanswers if you don't run Emrakul in the sideboard but both have Gideon of the Trials. At the last PPTQ a couple friends of mine went to time g1, a week before that they reached a stalemate with like 5-10 cards left in decks when they figured the guy who tries to cast their Elspeth first loses the ensuing counter/answer war but both also had a Gideon emblem so they just draw'd it. I played a Lantern mirror last year, that was the last time when my neurons were really firing like no tomorrow, although it ended up 0-0-2.
>>
>>54984257
i just read this manga its so good
>>
>>55060763
I'd say U/W control is more of an incomplete "control" shell then a true control deck. It just a quick answer deck and doesn't really have a true direction by itself. It's basically just a parallel of death shadow or delver, where the deck just drives itself and you just have to play "optimally"
>>
File: 3'5;ltkl324.jpg (28KB, 430x312px) Image search: [Google]
3'5;ltkl324.jpg
28KB, 430x312px
>>55059354
Snap keep. My balls are enormous and the heart of the cards is with me.
>>
>>55060763
>I played a Lantern mirror last year, that was the last time when my neurons were really firing like no tomorrow, although it ended up 0-0-2.
Doesn't it just come down to who can protect their Academy Ruins?
>>
>>55060899
The UW Control shell that's popular in Modern right now is more of a tap-out style control deck than the pure draw-go style that was popular in RTR-THS Standard. Similar to how old UWR Control decks in Modern were more like counter burn decks than true control decks.
>>
>>55061362
In the very end so one of the players can actually deck, sure. Before that it's a hell of a fight between Pithing Needle, millrocks, Surgical and discard. G2 there's always the mindgame of whether the opponent runs a creature/Tezzeret for the mirror so whether you leave a Bridge in or not.
>>
>>55061219
I kept it because it's a t1 kill IF you rip a mana source or a ritual. 16 lands, 1 petal, 4 rit are your live draws. Ideally, you beat burn by never letting them untap.
They didn't untap.
>>
File: rMaH8dV.jpg (200KB, 1000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
rMaH8dV.jpg
200KB, 1000x1125px
>>54992268
Did someone call for U decks without Brainstorm?
This isn't mine, but it's very similar to what I play, minus Dig obviously
>>55061492
Lantern looks pretty fun, if painfully autistic to play
>>
is there a legacy version of 8rack?
>>
>>55065471
Pox
>>
man i wish bug shardless was good but it aint
>>
>>55065909
Yeah, Noble BUG, BUGx Alluren, and Czech Pile kinda took it's place as the grindy blue based value decks. Losing the matchup it was built to beat didn't help any either.
>>
can I run bobs in maverick
>>
so lads, how would black weenie fair up against your current legacy deck.
>>
>>55067190
Post list
>>
>>55060352

>would diluting the player base with retards jumping ship from worse formats really hurt the format?

I'd give them three weeks before they get a salty taste of the Drills. Legacy matches are short, and life is long.

At least two of the try-hards at the local have quit Legacy after their 3–4-color value decks have taken it hard from combo. I have been That Guy.
>>
File: Thanks investors.png (173KB, 1218x381px) Image search: [Google]
Thanks investors.png
173KB, 1218x381px
>>55068603
Doing god's work, keep it up

I guess it's gonna be a while before I can buy in, thanks investors.
>>
File: 49.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
49.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>55068971
You could probably get away with running this instead. It might actually be better if all you have to sac is a Mox Diamond or Chalice or something.
>>
File: 432142134.png (290KB, 1060x513px) Image search: [Google]
432142134.png
290KB, 1060x513px
>>55068971
WHAT THE FUCK
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 139970_200w.jpg (24KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
139970_200w.jpg
24KB, 200x285px
Meme?
>>
File: 139830_200w.jpg (23KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
139830_200w.jpg
23KB, 200x285px
>>55069663
Or dream?
>>
>>55069663
>>55069668

How would you even get those to interact? It exiles itself so it won't be in your graveyard.
>>
>>55069687
The question was, are these playable in legacy?
>>
>>55069853
I could see the wizard as a one-of in some 4c/grixis lists or maybe in the sideboard, but really just for spice factor. I mean is it really better than a jtms in the 4 slot?
>>
>>55067211
Creatures:
3x Black Knight
4x Bloodsoaked
2x Dauthi Horror
4x Dauthi Slayer
4x Gifted Aetherborn
3x Nantuko Shade
3x Vampire Lacerator

Spells:
4x Doom blade
4x Fatal Push
2x Howl from Beyond
4x Thoughtseize
4x Undying Evil

Artifacts:
2x Umezawa's Jitte

Lands:
4x Bojuka
13x Swamp

no sideboard at the moment and i'm thinking about doing 3 thoughtseizes or inquisitions so I can get 3 howl from beyonds.

Also might replace doom blade with something just better? thinking about creature replacement as well.
>>
>>55071955
Now that I think about it cabal therapy and surgical extraction might be alright on board, but no idea what i'd take out.
>>
>>55071955
how about you replace the whole deck with good cards?
>>
>>55072241
but i btfo so hard that one of them changed what deck they play

2-1 UW Control
2-0 Jund
2-1 Miracles
2-1 Grixis Delver
Lost
0-2 Storm grapeshot
1-2 Tendrils(couldn't get the combo 1 game)

Miracles scrapped his deck and went over to tendrils storm, UW Control guy just got so angry he just quit, foil JTMS can't stop me.
>>
>>55072313
I'm just confused about how you actually win with a bunch of shitty creatures, a bunch of shitty spells, and only 17 lands with no ramp/rituals. What if the miracles player just casts terminus? I also dont see how you ever beat a combo deck

I also could just be falling hard for this bait
>>
>>55072397

He didn't draw into a single terminus apparently, I asked.

And it won't be combo decks like storm, which I've realized.

Jund was an interesting game, and UW control wasn't too bad, but it was a long game.

I just ended up lucky.
>>
tempest was my favorite set
>>
File: 1414414088687.jpg (35KB, 535x577px) Image search: [Google]
1414414088687.jpg
35KB, 535x577px
>>55072784
Mine was and still is Urza's Saga
>tfw ywn experience it for the first time again
>>
do any decks run tamiyo the moon sage main board.
>>
>>55073609
why would you play that card when you could have a jace for one mana less?
>>
>>55073685
because i'm autistic and need my waifu
>>
>>55073698
you might be able to justify playing the new tamiyo in a bant hierarch stoneblade shell, but the 5 mana one is just so bad
>>
File: 1500507456230.jpg (101KB, 680x1102px) Image search: [Google]
1500507456230.jpg
101KB, 680x1102px
>>55073745
just fuck my shit up
>>
>>55073881
play commander
>>
>>55074748
no fuck that format
>>
File: 1347514759669.jpg (128KB, 947x768px) Image search: [Google]
1347514759669.jpg
128KB, 947x768px
>>55074782
>waifufag salty about anything
just tell the other commanderbabbies to let you use her as your commander
>>
File: 1497413324071.jpg (29KB, 753x601px) Image search: [Google]
1497413324071.jpg
29KB, 753x601px
>>55074792
i rather just keep her out of a deck at that point.
>>
>>55068971
>>55069636

Upsetting

WotC really needs to do something, this is getting ridiculous.
>>
>>55072447
actually, chalice for one and trinisphere could really meme it up.
>>
so is drs getting banned on monday?
>>
>>55075941
I don't think it will but I wouldn't be all that suprsed if it did. I just don't see them making another massive change so soon after banning SDT. Come back at the next update and we can talk.
>>
>>55075941
no, they will unban mystical tutor to give combo
decks a bit of a boost
>>
>>55076410
No
>>
>>55075941

I can't imagine we'll have anything banned in Legacy, Modern, or Standard this time around. There's no deck running rampant at the moment.

I would like to see an unban.
>>
>>55076940
I'm kinda conflicted, on the one hand I wanna see DRS out of the format, which would give you 2 distinct Delver variant; RUG Stifle Delver and Grixis YP Therapy delver. But I also think it would be kinda cool to have DTT come back, and removing the most played GY hate in the format would make it even more ban worthy. Do you guys think DTT could come off?
>>
>>55077097

I'd prefer they ban Delver
>>
>>55077171
ban everything
>>
>>55075941
unban survival, leave deathrite alone
>>
Why do people insist on playing the monoR storm shitpile on Cockatrice? What's the appeal? It's literally worse than Belcher and doesn't cost much less than Dredge.
>>
>>55070894
it's a 3/4 flyer too, that can get you back a removal spell + more with investment. Probably best when both players are in top deck mode, but then again so is JtMS
>>
>>55073570

Best block there ever was. Think I started playing right after Urza's Legacy came out.
>>
is there any deck that plays like DnT or modern Jund but mashed together?

red is optional
>>
>>55079387
Dark Maverick is probably about the closest your going to get.

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=15828&d=297142&f=LE
>>
what decks fair well against czech pile?
>>
>>55079586
Personally, I've found that reanimator, storm, and death and taxes tend to do well against it. The 4c decks are generally king of blue fair matchups, so anything that attacks it from a different angle is going to be successful. Of course, the deck is extremely flexible and can be tuned extensively for a certain meta, so a well meta-gamed pile is going to be tough to take down regardless.
>>
was looking at the deck list and how often you'll run into them
>>Non-Eldrazi Moon-less Stompy variants
What does this imply? like mono green stompy or something?
>>
>>55079586
What is Czech Pile?
>>
>>55080872
4 color control
>>
>>55080855
That refers to Angel Stompy/Soldier Stompy, Demon Stompy, and decks loke that. Mono G Stompy is a different kind of deck, it usually runs 9 Lands, Land Grant, Berserk, stuff like that.
>>
>>55080855
Basically they're ancient tomb/chalice/trinisphere decks that dont play moon effects. Trinity green, tribal stomp like soldier stompy, shit like that
>>
>>55081524
>>55080889
Sounds kinda neat.
>>
>>55081882
>>55081524
got any deck lists, I'd like to see these and maybe play around
>>
>>55081990
I've been playing Thalia Stompy off and on for a while, here's my current list:

4x Chalice
4x Mox Diamond
1x Umezawa's Jitte
2x Aven Mindcensor
2x Containment Priest
2x Eldrazi Displacer
3x Lodestone Golem
1x Palace Jailer
2x Phyrexian Revoker
2x Reality Smasher
2x Sanctum Prelate
4x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
3x Thalia, Heretic Cathar
4x Thought-Knot Seer
1x Council's Judgment
4x Ancient Tomb
2x Cavern of Souls
3x City of Traitors
3x Eldrazi Temple
2x Karakas
5x Plains
4x Wasteland

SB:
2x Thorn of Amethyst
1x Containment Priest
3x Rest in Peace
1x Blessed Alliance
2x Disenchant
2x Holy Light
4x Swords to Plowshares

Deck is really good against graveyard/spell based combo and midrange stuff, but struggles with consistency. Sometimes you'll just topdeck lands for 5 turns in a row and die. Your worst nightmare is Moat/Ensnaring Bridge and Blood Moon/Back to Basics.
>>
>>55081990
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/legacy-soldier-stompy#paper
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/legacy-demon-stompy#paper
That demon stompy list 3-0'd 2 Hareruya dailies in a row. Not sure how competitive those are but 6-0 with demon stompy ain't bad.
>>
>>55082271
Actually maybe it wasn't that exact list. Pretty sure the Japanese list played archdemon of Paliano instead of abysmal persecutor
>>
>>55082312
>>55082271
>>55082237
Thanks lads, I'll take these for a spin, I needed a reason to pick up 4x Chalice, 4x Mox, and 4x Trini anyways honestly.
>>
Anyone got their W/U parfait lists I could look at?
>>
>>54979083
are modern and standard babbies that bad?
>>
What are you most valuable / expensive legacy cards?
>>
>>55083850
Foil Mercadian Masques Brainstorms
>>
>>55083820
Anon posted his right here >>55035198
>>
>>55083820
Here's my current list:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/uw-parfait-4/

I'm still fairly new to the deck so some of the card slots are still in flux, but this list has been feeling pretty good. I'm not sure if I still like the Elspeth in the SB now that I have Thopter Spy Network in the main. I also still need to test In The Eye of Chaos in 3ball's slot, but I'm leaning towards 3ball being the better hoser because it hits creatures.
>>
>>55083850
Englist Moat
English Tabernacle
Revised playsets of all the Duals if they count as one entity

Did have an Imperial Recruiter at some point, but sold it years ago.
>>
>>55083850
English NM Tabernacle, MP Moat, and German Black Boarder Underground Sea are the most expensive cards I own by a wide margin.
>>
>>55083850
Unlimited LP Bayou that my uncle gave to me decades ago. I had a Forcefield as well but sold that for a handful of revised duals.
>>
>>55083850
Revised Underground seas
>>
>>55083850
probably my duals.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.