[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone tried this game? What's it like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Coriolis.png (1MB, 768x802px) Image search: [Google]
Coriolis.png
1MB, 768x802px
Are there any other exploration games worth checking out?
>>
>>54975830
minecraft
>>
>>54975830
I wanted to like it. But the 4 sessions of it felt obtuse and the amount of successes you needed to actually do anything as a player was to high in my experience.
With a better dm it might be more fun, but it always felt like the game was bleeding me dry on resources for pretty much anything. Keep in mind that you always start the game being in debt, with interest rate stacking up.
You want to use a warpgate? That's more credits that you need for your debt as a toll payment.
You want to explore a new area? Buy a starmap with the credits you need for your debt.
If i wanted to be reminded of paying of my vehicle and/or house, i'd just look around me.
>>
>>54976647
Does it at least have half-way decent art to steal for better games?
>>
>>54975830
Never tried it, anyone got the pdf?

As far as exploration goes I have two very good examples.

In 2007 and 2008 I played in a group that was using Star Wars d6 rules with a Star Trek setting. Worked out quite well and the GM included Technobabble-magic for much of it.
The gist was that everything was made up of three words and the players could discover those three words by playing the game.
So for example, we would be caught in some kind of time-warp. The GM had it set up as a "Inverted temporal storm" with "Temporal" being the easiest word to find. We then began using Chronitons (or whatever) to counteract the effects and realized how chaotic the behavior of the field was, leading to us discovering that it was a "Temporal storm". Cue going for "Chroniton waves" to calm the storm part and we made it worse. Some hijinks and near-deaths later we realized that we were amplifying it with this, so we discovered the "inverted" part. Solution was to use a "Stabilized chroniton wave" and then write a captains log.

Second example is Rogue Trader, which is quite nice in its own right despite me never having played anything other 40k related. It is exploration at its core.
>>
>>54975830
Cypher System is pretty great.
>>
>>54975830

It's a very interesting game. One of the most fun my group and I have had in a long time.

It requires a different mindset. An antagonistic GM will make the game incredibly frustrating, but a narratively focused GM with a party that trusts them will have a fantastic time. There is a reroll mechanic that gives the GM darkness points that allow them to manipulate the game, so a GM whose goal is to fuck the players over and defeat them will be a horrible choice for this game.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.