[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Degenesis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 63

File: degenesis.jpg (796KB, 673x1050px) Image search: [Google]
degenesis.jpg
796KB, 673x1050px
Recently picked up Degenesis, anyone managed to get around to running a game of it? How well does the system actually work in practice?
>>
>>54969647
>Recently picked up Degenesis

Ask for refund if you can. Maybe scan some of the fluff sections, they are the only usable parts of the book (the art is nice too).
>>
>>54969671
I'm not sure what this anon has against the game, but I played and ran a Degenesis campaign in the past, and honestly it's a pretty fun game. The dice system isn't remarkably complicated, and combat can be pretty dangerous if your players are stupid, but I had fun playing.

The last campaign I was a player in ended with all of my scrapper's business friends dying to crazy Abrahmi, and the rest of the party leaving him to die. Unfortunately for them, he lived against all odds.
>>
>>54969671
Personally I think the book is worth it just for the art, its super pretty. Why do you think the system isn't usable?

>>54969888
I'm thinking of running a few one shots soon, not sure where in the world I'd set them though, or what cults to make pre-gen characters for.
>>
>>54969647
Goblin židov Lobre :DDdDddxDxDxF
>>
>>54969647
>How well does the system actually work in practice?
Be prepared to come up with lots of puzzles and tricks to use in combat. Due to how easy it is for your PCs and NPCs alike to die, larger combats tend to be very dangerous, whereas a lone boss risks getting cut down quickly by the party focusing on them.

Having some trick or gimmick to the encounter can help keep both players and important foes alive longer, and keep things more interesting than having a sudden string of lucky rolls blow someone away.

Also from a story perspective, you can more easily mix and match cults in the party now compared to the first Degenesis. However, I'd strongly recommend either a European or African focus for the party unless the players can come up with some damn good reasons and backstory to back it up.
>>
>>54969647
Why would you buy a game that's built around racist Slav white-supremacist fantasies, anon?
>>
>>54970041
>Why do you think the system isn't usable?

It is too simple and unimaginative for the setting, like having a Suzuki engine for a Lamborghini. It IS usable, just doesn't worth the money.
>>
>>54970612
That's what makes it fun. Ironic Serbian nationalist roleplaying. We wuz God's chosen.
t. Slav
>>
Fluff's good, but good fucking luck finding players for this. Also, combat is wonky. As other guys said, people die quickly. My advice: always have some kind of covers or doorways or debris that people can hide behind. Open terrain combat will get your PCs killed in their first encounter.
>>
>>54970612
That's an interesting way to spell "black-supremacist".
>>
>>54970612
>Slav white supremacist fantasies
>The Neolibyans are literally the most powerful faction and are noted as being far richer than everyone else
Activates my almonds.

>>54970597
I was planning on sticking with Chroniclers/Spitalians/Scrappers/Clanners mostly, maybe an anabaptist or a helvettic, just because they seem much easier to fit together. Either that or just stick with a single cult, because that seems to work just fine.
>>
>>54970612
>game that's built around racist Slav white-supremacist fantasies
>most of Eastern Europe is taken over by post-apoc future, goat-fucking Muslims
>Western Europe has had most resources snowed in, iced over, or destroyed in meteor impact, leaving them to degenerate into tribalistic savages at worst or dark ages plebs at best
>Africa is a verdant wonderland full of newfound wealth and food, as long as you mind the killer plants bordering the continent

Buddy, I don't know what kind of slav white-supremacists you hang out with, but something tells me they aren't very good at the whole supremacist thing.
>>
>>54970672
>>54970732

That's like saying orientalist fiction that displays all Asians as Ninjas and Kung-Fu warriors isn't racist.

Cultural appropriation, orientalism and africanism are never OK, anon. Especially when Slavs neckbeards do it.
>>
File: 1321730267007.jpg (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1321730267007.jpg
34KB, 300x300px
>>54970612
>WE IZ KANGZ: the setting
>white supremacist

Come on now.
>>
>>54970775
>africanism are never OK
I agree.
>>
File: 18557113.jpg (67KB, 674x960px) Image search: [Google]
18557113.jpg
67KB, 674x960px
>>54969647
>How well does the system actually work in practice?

It's incredibly easy to learn, and imho the most underrated system atm.

Online character creator makes the process really smooth, and it's generally easy to figure out your character based on your statistics. There's also a alignment-type deal in form of 30 tarot concepts ranging from "Protector", "Conqueror" to "Abomination" which define the core of your character while not committing him on being good or evil. Region lore is explored enough to give you an idea what people from x are generally like, but the cult lore is the most important. Each cult represents different kinds of virtues and prospects, and different ranks in their hierarchies gives you a ton of material to work with. Basically, there's an incredible chargen potential. That said, characters that want to start as a certain rank at the start will find themselves being almost identical in stats because of the rank requirements.

One think I also like is how interconnected skills are with game mechanics. While being skillchecks, BOD + Athletics is also your maximum movement speed, BOD + Force is your maximum carrying weight, BOD + Toughness is your HP and so on.

Combat is fun, if you like the idea that every savage with a basic weapon can very realistically kill you, almost certainly if there's two of them.
>>
The only thing I don't like about combat is the retarded automatic fire rule.
>>
>>54970924
It's good to hear that its fairly easy to learn, considering the other games which run off dice pools of Attribute+Skill, specifically Exalted. The lethality is definitely a plus, considering the general tone of the game.

Side note, what is the best cult and why is it Spitalians.
>>
>>54970638
>it is too simple and unimaginative for the setting, like having a Suzuki engine for a Lamborghini. It IS usable, just doesn't worth the money.

What makes it "too simple", anon? I don't feel like there's anything it lacks.

It has flaws, but I can't even imagine how simplicity could be considered a flaw if it's done right.

>>54970986
>Side note, what is the best cult and why is it Spitalians.

Spitalians are fun but I feel like the hierarchy needs some polishing. Some ranks just feel underwhelming, while the sole soldier tree feels the most exciting and rewarding.
>>
>>54971082
>It has flaws, but I can't even imagine how simplicity could be considered a flaw if it's done right.

It would be done right if it was driving a generic post-apo setting. For that, having the most basic D6 pool would be sufficient and in-line with what the game wants to achieve.

However, Degenesis is literally built on originality. Heck, the creators even tried to meme a new concept (primal-punk) into existence just for it. And for that, they dared to pack the bleakest system possible. That's beyond bullshit, and an extremely counter-productive move that devaluates the whole game. This goes for double with Rebirth, because the first version of the game at least tried to be original mechanically.

You can say that Degenesis is an example of how you do simplicity wrong.
>>
>>54971221
>You can say that Degenesis is an example of how you do simplicity wrong.

I really don't see it.

I think its system conveys everything it needs to. Social checks and good and diverse, combat is fun and challenging while not being overly complex, char gen is rich and smooth, HP/Trauma system works great... what would you accomplish by doing it differently? Originality doesn't necessarily transfer into good. You can come up with mechanics that represent something more realistically, more smoothly, more intuitively, etc. but I feel like this system already has it covered. It's already infinitely better than anything WEG and other D6 systems.
>>
What the fuck IS the system anyway? Can somebody give a quick rundown?
>>
>>54971436
It's basically WoD / Storyteller system but using D6s instead of D10s, and combat is hilariously lethal.
>>
>>54971436
What this guy >>54971518 said, characters have six Attributes, Body, Agility, Charisma, Intellect, Psyche, Instinct. Each Attribute has 6 Skills associated with it, when you roll you roll an Action Number which is Attribute+Relevant Skill+-Modifiers. You roll a number of d6 equal to your action number, successes on a 4 up. If a 6 is rolled on a dice you get a Trigger, which grants some extra effects.
>>
I really wish more people played this game. Not many settings have WW1 Germans, Autistic Techpriests and Vikings fighting WE WUZ KANGS Africans, Russian Wuxia Zombies, Supersoldiers powered by Memes, Bug wizards and alien weed.

And it somehow blends all this bullshit into a fairly coherent setting unlike say, Pathfinder or RIFTS™
>>
>>54971885

Don't forget Vampires, Barbarians, Ancient Mummies....

I also like how much subversion it has going on. You can pretty much fit whatever you want into its world: France is Zombie Apocalypse, Germany is Fallout, Poland is Conan, Balkan is Game of Thrones, Italy is Berserk.. Africa is BLACKED.com, I'm not sure what Spain is...
>>
File: capture1.png (235KB, 614x403px) Image search: [Google]
capture1.png
235KB, 614x403px
>>54972049
Hybrispania is at war with the Africans with the help of the Psychonauts that see the future, because there's now a land bridge through the Gibraltar Straight. It wasn't hit that hard by the asteroids, so I guess other than being colder than it was present day it would be relatively normal. At least, that's what I'm reading from a google translated wiki.
>>
>>54971652
>successes on a 4 up
Whoa, hold on now.
50% success chance?
>>
>>54971885
>I really wish more people played this game.
You need to do a bit of digging for the pdfs, which is already more than most people are probably willing to do to try out a game, or fork over approximately $160 (if you live in the US, as I do) to get the books. Even the pdfs are pricey, and it's a lot to gamble on a game with a niche following.

>>54972988
There are some caveats to this. You roll a number of dice equal to your action number and 6s count as triggers, where the greater number of triggers the more outstanding or fantastical result you can get (all as mentioned in that other post, above). However, if you have more failures than successes, you fail the check. If the number of failed dice rolls also contains more 1s than the number of successful dice rolls, you critically fail the check and get fucked. Lastly, if you would roll more than 12 dice, any dice over 12 count as successes without triggers, and you cap your roll at 12 dice physically rolled.

The difficulty checks look something like this
>Successes Needed to Pass
>1, routine
>2, challenging
>4, difficult
>6, very difficult
>8, almost impossible
>10, desperate measure

The way stats and experience work, it is very rare that someone becomes outrageously proficient in very many things, and even getting proficient in a handful of things can take some dedicated work. So having a 50% chance isn't that bad when it's hard to amass the dice needed to even try something very difficult in the first place, much less pass it.

Here's the character generator. Play around in it, distribute some stats, and try rolling some dice against the difficulty chart above. See how it plays out for you. http://sixmorevodka.com/degenesis/character-en/
>>
Interesting system and setting, beautiful book, designed by artists who just wanted to make a game if I recall so some things are kind of wonky.
>>
I'm making a hellvetic gal with 8 dice in projectiles. Will I be able to oneshot most things with her?
>>
>>54973763
If she's using a trailblazer it'll certainly hurt for sure if you hit, and if you have 8 dice in projectiles I'd not expect you to miss much.
>>
File: degensid.png (1MB, 897x976px) Image search: [Google]
degensid.png
1MB, 897x976px
If people want the rule books here you go.
>>
File: e46794d60630bc10c5f0afc93a1ad332.jpg (140KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
e46794d60630bc10c5f0afc93a1ad332.jpg
140KB, 848x1200px
>>54974417
Degenesis LARPs must be fun as fuck honestly, making a costume for them would basically just be scrounging together anything that looks vaguely useful from any scrap or junk you have, except for specific factions like Hellvetics that have decent kit.
>>
File: 112.png (3MB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
112.png
3MB, 1240x1754px
Something I like a lot about Degenesis as a setting is how many different threats there are to human society.
>The Primer, to the north and south
>Psychonauts, either trying to destroy or subjugate whats left of civilization
>The Marauders, doing whatever it is they want to do
>Sleepers waking up and quietly taking over any society they can find
>The general state of the world, dealing with severe asteroid impacts
>Humanity's general tendency to fight eachother.

It lends a lot of areas for GMs to put their players and have some interesting conflict going, and it also really contributes to the feeling of hopelessness that the game is going for.
>>
>>54975822
Some marauders actually work to save the humanity. I can count at least 2-3 from the base book. Gusev, the trigod or whatever he's called, and the other one is ambiguously non-evil.

Also, 1e was depression central. At list in the new version they made it a little more upbeat.
>>
File: 095.png (2MB, 1240x868px) Image search: [Google]
095.png
2MB, 1240x868px
>>54975855
In what ways was it changed from 1e? I know that 1e had issues with cults struggling to work together, but its hard to think of things being even more bleak.
>>
>>54976037
The tone is much brighter. People struggle to survive, but it seems that the darkest days are behind. Cults work together, some lost tech is being discovered, Spitalians fight back the alium menace. 1e is just everything fucked and bleak and will die soon. You have to read it to understand.
>>
>>54976037
They introduced common threats. Some of the cults that now have to reluctantly get along used to be bitter enemies in 1e.
>>
>>54973763
Keep in mind that a good GM will make sure that you will not regularly receive ammunition. A standard Hellvetic soldier gets five rounds a month and is expected to use them optimally.

This means you will only be able to use your AGI+Projectiles 8 with your Trailblazer five times in an in-game month. Keep in mind your superiors will likely frown upon you using any unauthorised sidearms to supplement your Trailblazer and realize just how rarely you'll be using those eight dice.
>>
>>54976722
I qualified for the second rank, which gives me +15 (I think it's supposed to be cumulative?)
>>
>>54976037
In Rebirth vs 1e, Chernobog made a major move on a fortifird city, removed the tyranical leader, and claimed it under his own rule. He now seeks to contnue his march East, if I recall everything correctly.
>>
>>54976740
It is. In that case, you've got a bit more leeway but still remember to conserve your rounds.

Your GM might do things differently. You might not be able to requisition your monthly ration if you're not stationed near Hellvetica and you might be expected to subsist on a larger number for a longer period of time, or perhaps even the same number for a longer period of time. Worst case scenario, your GM will just let you requisition as much ammo as you like and you'll make all other combat characters redundant. The Trailblazer is hellishly expensive and the number of rounds are restricted for a reason. It's easily one of the best weapons in the game.
>>
>>54976740
Even then, you have 20 shots a month rationed, and the supply drops must either be reached by you or a courier needs to reach you. Plus, 20 shots is still not aa whole lot for a month given all the threats out there.

Don't you still need to regularly report to the home base at that rank in order to stay in good graces for resupply? Maybe try to lead off the combat by firing from a reasonable distance, or as the enemy tries to close, and then switch to a knife or something as your teammates join the fray.
>>
>>54977047
You also get regularly reviewed by your superiors when it comes to round expenditure. Regularly coming back with all of your rounds gone is likely to result in disciplinary action.
>>
>>54974755
You could make a decent Spitalier outfit by just shaving your head and going to a fetish store
>>
>>54977192
Don't forget to talc up your hairless body before slipping into your full-body combat condom.
>>
>>54977192
>>54977241
>bald
>skintight bodysuit
>gas masks
>medical
>vaguely World War-era German aesthetics

Yup, this game was made by Germans alright
>>
>>54977241
That trailer is awesome. I knew Lilja who made the soundtrack for it before it so I fapped fervoriously to the trailer.
>>
File: 021.png (1MB, 1488x2105px) Image search: [Google]
021.png
1MB, 1488x2105px
>>54977293
>>54977192
>>54977241
Found my new excuse for going to the fetish store.
>"No, the bodysuit and gas mask are totally for my new cosplay, I swear!"

>>54976740
The obvious solution to the ammo problems is find another weapon to use instead of the Trailblazer that uses your projectile dice, since you're clearly focused on that aspect of combat.
>>
Is it acceptable to have a character whose primary focus is to make sure the group gets from A to B without starving, freezing or stumbling into a gendo den?

As in, the character isn't particularly good at fighting, being the party face, crafting or even knowing a lot of setting knowledge. What it is good at is survival, path-finding and everything that falls under Instinct. It's able to find piles of food in anything but the most desolate wastelands, follow or avoid the tracks of anything that's been wandering through the area and more. Is this particularly useful in this setting and system, when the rest of the group's likely to have not specialized in that area, or am I just going to be dead weight?
>>
>>54977699
Do you really think that Hellvetics are going to be happy about one of their own using inferior equipment and impairing their efficiency just for the sake of conserving ammunition?
>>
>>54970775
There are like two billion Asians. You can't find a movie that displays all Asians as whatever because there is no movie displaying two billion people in detail.
>>
File: 081.png (3MB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
081.png
3MB, 1240x1754px
>>54977735
One-note characters are almost always a bad idea, a face who can't do anything in combat will be bored in combat, a fighter who doesn't have the ability to contribute at least somewhat to out of combat scenes will be bored in our of combat scenes. It's a perfectly valid niche to build a character for, but make sure that the character can at least contribute in some way to another aspect of the game, even if it's not as much as a character built for it.

>>54977760
That's a good point, but with 8 dice in projectiles I doubt the character is gonna be much use at defusing a situation without violence, and carrying a sidearm that isn't a Trailblazer is good practice to conserve valuable ammo.
>>
>>54977896
With a base Charisma of 4, it'd be able to function as a secondary face. It's also got AGI+Mobility 4, AGI+Projectiles 4, BOD+Toughness 4 and a bunch of other combat skills all at 4. Plus, with the assistance of tattoos and paints, the character can boost its PSY+Faith/Will up to 7 or its AGI+Stealth up to 7 when necessary.

I've put effort into making sure the character's able to function in other parts of the game but it's bound to get outshone by characters actually devoted to those roles. That's why I said primary role, I suppose. It's a jack of all trades with a specialty in Instinct.
>>
File: 145.png (2MB, 2476x838px) Image search: [Google]
145.png
2MB, 2476x838px
>>54978089
That sounds pretty alright then, although I'd definitely confirm with your GM that you will actually be travelling around and using your survival skills, as I doubt it would be very useful to know how to avoid a Gendo from its tracks if your entire campaign was going to take place in Justitian or something like that.
>>
>>54977735
Being able to fight helps a lot considering how many people or things will want you dead. That said, if you have high dexterity for crafting, you can at least get some good dice out of your DEX alone, so you could still help out a bit with ranged combat, even if you are a little soft.

Still, I think far too few players that I've tried to talk into playing the game appreciated non-combat options enough. Being able to pathfind, scavenge food in harsh lands, make camp, tracking or noticing enemy trails to sneak up on or avoid combat, etc. are all extremely useful. Still, you'll want to talk with the GM first to see if you're skills will actually be useful, or if you've taken skills in basket weaving for all the good they'll do wandering around just in cities and small towns.
>>
>>54978195
The main issue is that it's a character specialized in a rather unusual area, even if it's capable of other stuff. So yes, I'll definitely only use it if the campaign warrants it and I'll resort to other ideas instead if the GM suggests it.

Speaking of which, is it just me or is it impossible to make Palers work as player characters? Multi-cult groups can be a bit dysfunctional but I just don't see how you can integrate a Paler into one without them getting shot.
>>
>>54978275
I think Paler PCs can work, the Chronicler Stereotype towards them mentions that the Chroniclers recruit outcast Palers, and the general view of them on a quick flick through the different stereotypes is just a general distrust. Palers do have a lot of knowledge that would be valuable to anyone digging around in old bunkers, and they are looking for the lost bunkers and vaults that the Sleepers are in, so it's not out of the question that Palers would be joining up with other cults.
>>
File: 117.png (3MB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
117.png
3MB, 1240x1754px
>>54978371
Forgot Pic
>>
I haven't looked at the pdfs for this game, but how does party makeup look? Do the players cone from different cults/factions or?
>>
>>54979912
The game works very well with a single cult party, but it's also perfectly valid to have more than one cult in the group. Some cults take a bit of wrangling to make them work with each other, but it is possible to make it work most of the time.
>>
>>54979912
In the first edition, the cults did not play nice with each other, so parties tended to be composed of the same cult.

In Rebirth, however, that has been made much more lax, and (most) cults can find some reason to work with the others if your players want to mix and match a bit more freely. There don't need to be hard and fast rules, exactly, but generally there are cults that are commonly found in the regions you pick for your character's background, and a mapping of how each cult views - and is in turn viewed by - the other cults. This provides an easy short-list if you want to throw something together, although more exotic picks for what cults you might find in a certain region, or why certain cults would work together can be made to work if you provide a good background or a good story hook.

Early on in the game, players from the same cult are likely to feel kind of samey in terms of their rank (the class within a cult), since they won't have the required skill allocation or backgrounds to diversify or progress past the first rank or two.
>>
File: brad-rigney-glory.jpg (245KB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
brad-rigney-glory.jpg
245KB, 1920x960px
>>54979912
To add onto what >>54980203 said, the Culture of the parties matters a bit too. Africa isnt well liked by many other cultures. Currently invading Hybrispania, has a large presence in Franka which rubs some of the nationalistic Frankans the wrong way, and they control part of Purgare. Africa and the Balkhans had a rough history but they give each other space now, and many Borcans don't like that wealthy Africans are coming across the pond to raid their ruins.
>>
>>54980627
Not to mention you'd need reasons to justify different Europeans being in the same area, since Europe is literally split in two.

For example, what is your Hybrispanian doing in Pollen? What's inspired your Balkhan to venture West to Franka and fight the Pheromancers?
>>
someone post that one image of rumor mills with the woman and the man sitting next to each other on the shitter with one of them had a dagger in their hands
>>
Yeah alright give me a sec. Just gotta rip it out of my TKG pdf.
>>
File: TKG_PDF_ENG_HQ-70.png (2MB, 2480x1754px) Image search: [Google]
TKG_PDF_ENG_HQ-70.png
2MB, 2480x1754px
>>54981944
>>54981663
>>
>>54977846
More like 3 to 4 billion. China and India have around 2,6 together.
>>
>>54982024
I had to sauce some guy in a thread for this image and got called a shill for it, but I found the image amusing.
>>
>>54983535
>>54982024
>>54981944
also, thanks for doing that
>>
File: Spitalian2.png (82KB, 331x331px) Image search: [Google]
Spitalian2.png
82KB, 331x331px
Why are Spitalian women so perfect?
>>
>>54983573
No worries. The art's brilliant so I'm happy to share it if it gets people interested in the game.
>>
>>54983577
Tight bodysuits. How can other girls even compete?
>>
>>54983731
>white guilt cuck: the rpg
What?
>>
>>54983731
>Spital is the best hope for fighting back the primer
>Chroniclers are slowly advancing towards rebuilding some form of internet
>Hybrespanians are fighting back the Scourgers to limit the flow of Africans i to Europe
>Africans are either seedy merchants that trade in slaves, artifacts looted from Europeans, or are current day militia that like to rape, murder, pillage and rape some more
>the Anubians aren't quite as awful as their compatriots, but do spend most of their time being layabouts and getting high off of alien jungle shrooms

Yeah, must be a real cuck game due to the Africans, right?
>>
File: 063 - Biokinetics.png (2MB, 1488x2105px) Image search: [Google]
063 - Biokinetics.png
2MB, 1488x2105px
Favourite kind of Psychonaut? I like how the Pheromancers are a part of Frankan society now, even if it is low-key /d/-tier magical realm.
>>
>>54985142
Pregnoctics. I really like the idea of an alliance that formed between the Hybrispaniards and the Psychonauts. The whole sketchy trade agreement of larval kids and just allowing people to go missing in exchange for burn and precog insight is just awesome. It shows how far the Hybrispaniards are willing to go to protect their homeland.
>>
>>54985142
I think we're past the stage of Pheromancers being a part of Frankan society. Emphasis seems to be on them being the big villain, with the 'true' Frankans being the plucky underdogs of the Resistance.
>>
File: 065 - Pheromancer.png (2MB, 1488x2105px) Image search: [Google]
065 - Pheromancer.png
2MB, 1488x2105px
>>54985288
True, things have shifted a bit to focus more on the resistance, but the majority of Frankans are under the influence of the Pheromancers.

I think the design for the Pheromancers is the most fucked up out of all of the Psychonauts, with the glands all over their body etc, pic related.
>>
>>54985545
>>54985142
It's definitely the sort of /d/ I could get into, that's for sure.
>>
File: file.png (53KB, 230x228px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
53KB, 230x228px
>>54985142
My favorite is the George Costanza one.
>>
File: Phatromancer.png (3MB, 1243x1761px) Image search: [Google]
Phatromancer.png
3MB, 1243x1761px
>>54985545
This one always fucked with my head the most. The description in one of the books of the Anabaptist seeing it and watching the leperos sticking their hands into holes where the glands are to get to the pheromone jelly out always wigs me out.
>>
>>54970986
>unironically liking daily penis inspections
>>
>>54982566
>and India
Indians aren't Asian. They're Indian.
>>
>>54985805
>>54985768
The design of the pheromancers is a trypophobiac's worst nightmare honestly, all those shops of people with lotus seed pods in their skin would make perfect icons for a pheromancer.
>>
I am playing a campaign of Degenesis (the rebirth edition) and I have to say it's the most fun I ever had. Aside from the group being nice overall, the different cults and our stereotypes make for fun banter IC and we fit each other quite well. For instance, I am an Hellvetic and the Clanner of the Resistance has dubbed me "Brigand" since that's basically what they are.

The system is easy and pretty immediate to learn imo, and the setting is flexible enough to make your campaign fun (Meeting an AI driven tank who represents the hut of Baba Yaga was so awesome).

But fuck Jihammedians. Fuck them Sideways!
>>
>>54972049
Half-mad ancient technoliches is my favorite part of the settings, hands-down.
>>
>>54987037
What's up with Jehammedians?
>>
>>54989099
They're a bunch of raving mad goatfuckers obviously.
>>
>>54987037
>The system is easy and pretty immediate to learn imo, and the setting is flexible enough to make your campaign fun
The mechanics seem quick to pick up, but how did the group handle the lore? How much would you say was necessary to familiarize yourselves with beforehand for things to run smoothly?

I ask because I'd very much like to try it with my gaming group, but on the whole, they rarely bother with required reading, hardly even seem to bother with reading how character gen works, and one or two particularly bad offenders hardly remember what their spells or skills do from week to week.

>>54989099
They are not-Islamic nomads. Everything is centered around herding goats, being the firstborn son, never wanting to leave the tent villages, distrusting your family/neighbor/everyone that is an outsider, and forcibly bringing the word of Jehammed wherever your goats may roam. You can play exciting classes such as: firstborn son that gets a horse and a sword to die in combat against Jehammed's enemies, the first wife, a lesser extra wife, the disgraced wife, the unimportant sons that are meant to herd goats and have no ambition until they die, or the Rams that are recruited by an undying technolich that has you drink his nanite-blood to give you super strength/regen and a drunken rage frenzy.
>>
>>54989132
You just think that because you're a fisherman that refuses to live a devout and humble life.
>>
I'd really like to try out Degenesis, but it just seems to be a little too esoteric for the average band of hoodlums I play with to join in. Anyone have any particularly interesting tales I can use to lure them in?
>>
File: 18581752.jpg (61KB, 674x960px) Image search: [Google]
18581752.jpg
61KB, 674x960px
>>54989225
>The mechanics seem quick to pick up, but how did the group handle the lore? How much would you say was necessary to familiarize yourselves with beforehand for things to run smoothly?

Bare minimum anyone should read before playing is Cult lore, except for clanners who can be literally anything, so all you need to roleplay is your character's stats and concept. A step beyond would be to read regional lore where the game takes place, but that one is optional if you want to keep them in the dark.

However, I don't think it's plausible to play Spitalian or Chronicler characters without knowing what's going on in the world. You'll have to work it out with people individually depending on what they want from the experiance so having a session 0 wouldn't be a terrible idea?

>>54989292

Dude...
>>54971885
>>54972049
Or show them a trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tw3KaMr8wk
Or tell them the general premise of KANGZ vs Europe vs Space Plants vs Gun Cavemen vs Mutants vs...
>>
>>54990313
>>54989292
Although you'll need to explain the Africa part carefully or people will genuinely assume that it's unironic SJW propaganda.
>>
Gonna have to cop some art from this for a 40k campaign
>>
File: 1342523567234778899000.jpg (526KB, 1200x833px) Image search: [Google]
1342523567234778899000.jpg
526KB, 1200x833px
>>54990751
Aberrants are top tier Chaos inspo.
>>
>>54990751
Some of it requires explanation though, like 'why has the Imperium suddenly gotten a fetish over white body suits and hairlessness.'
>>
>>54991096
On the other hand, Chroniclers are already basically tech priests, considering the entire point of their outfits is to disguise that there's a human underneath, so it's easy to use them as Ad Mech.
>>
File: 062 - Marauders.png (2MB, 1488x2105px) Image search: [Google]
062 - Marauders.png
2MB, 1488x2105px
>>54990751
If you follow the QR code that this >>54974417 anon posted you can get a file with all of the art in the actual book in good quality, I'd advise going and grabbing that because the art is really really nicely done.
>>
>>54985805
In one of the splat book for the old editon was a short short story written from the perspective of a "drone". It is still one of the most fucked up things I have ever read in a role-playing book.
>>
>There's also this.

The Preservist stopped and raised his head. A bloated, pale body was nestled in a nest of shimmering mud. Several naked women pressed against it, sheltering the Pheromancer from the rain. They shivered; their hair was plastered to their heads. Their hands stroked the pale flesh, caressing glands or inserting fingers into them. They did not notice the Preservist.
“THE PACT.”
The Pheromancer’s eyes were beady and black. The marble-sized glands under his lids seemed like additional, closed eyes. They grew and shrank back. His lips pouted and he smiled a trembling smile.
“Kanavog, The Spital, sends its regards.”
“KNOW YOUR REGARDS. FIRE AND BLADES.”
“We keep the pact. Our troops have retreated. You know it.”
“YEEEES.”
The word sounded as if all the air was exhaling from the Pheromancer. The bodies moved, shifted. One woman looked up, and for a moment, there was understanding in her eyes. Then she sank back.
“Our part. What about yours?”
One of the women slid down and crawled through the mud towards the Preservist. Her hair was matted, the body emaciated, eyes hollow. The Preservist saw every rib, recognized the pricks in the groin. He breathed heavily, closed his fists. The woman held out something to him. He took it, touched her hand and searched for her gaze, looked for a spark of resistance or even a plea for help.
Nothing.
The woman scurried back. A small, stoppered vial was in his hand.
“WHAT FOR.”
The Preservist hesitated.
“CLOSER.”
The Pheromancer’s body suddenly seemed to shine brighter. The rain slowed down and smelled of disinfectants. All colors were much more intense. Only now, the Preservist saw the mosses on the floor and the lichen hanging from the hole in the ceiling. Their green was breathtaking. The Preservist shook his head and stepped forward.
>>
>>54993005
“Kanavog…”
“CLOSER.”
The Preservist’s breath became shallow. He had it licked. He put the vial in a loop of his glove. Slowly retreat.
Out of here.
Something elbowed him. The Anabaptist walked past him towards the Pheromancer. His head lolled as if he was sleepwalking. The Spitfire fell into the mud, its gas tube dragged behind him. The Anabaptist pushed aside one of the women, his hands looking for a handhold on the Pheromancer’s belly, shapeless like a sack full of stones and covered with black pores.
“TASTE LIE.”
The Anabaptist winced as if he had been hit.
“What…?”
He fell on his behind, backpedaled and jumped up. “Damn abomination!” He jumped forward and kicked the rounded belly. Waves went through the huge amounts of fat. The women cried. The Pheromancer grew. Double rows of glands at his neck bloated and exploded into pink clouds. From the pores of his belly, streams of ants erupted, bursting out across the flesh like tar and dripping into the water. Swirling galaxies of fireflies lit up and pelted the Anabaptist. He flailed and kicked.
>>
File: 078.png (2MB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
078.png
2MB, 1240x1754px
>>54993028
>The Pheromancer grew. Double rows of glands at his neck bloated and exploded into pink clouds. From the pores of his belly, streams of ants erupted, bursting out across the flesh like tar and dripping into the water.

Pheromancers literally holding insect hives inside them is possibly the most disturbing thing I've come across in an rpg book to date honestly. Definitely think that Pheromancers are the most disturbing of the Psychonauts, just because of this sort of thing.
>>
>>54993227
The most disturbing thing is realizing that your entire country is a giant chtonic abomination.
>>
File: nintchdbpict000295232069.jpg (200KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
nintchdbpict000295232069.jpg
200KB, 960x640px
>>54993227
Not the fact that these women clearly think that this bloated, pallid monster is some sort of Adonis? Not how they show their affection for their overlord by literally shoving their fingers into the Pheromancer's pores and wallowing in whatever secretions they can scrape out?

Literally imagine every pore in your skin being ridiculously stretched, to the point where it's about as wide as your ear canal. Imagine ants, wasps and other insects squirming, breeding and nesting in whatever nooks and crannies they can find it and there. Imagine other humans suckling, pawing and even thrusting their extremities in said pores, trying to scrape out whatever fluid might be oozing from your warped form. Worst of all, imagine your physiology being warped to the point where being subjected to these insects and humans swarming around and inside of your body is a genuinely pleasurable experience.
>>
File: 115.png (821KB, 1240x876px) Image search: [Google]
115.png
821KB, 1240x876px
>>54993383
Anon you need to take this shit back to /d/ I can feel your hard on from here.
>>
>>54993436
Just saying, the physiological distortion of the Pheromancers seems way more scary than the fact that insects nest in them.
>>
Me and a bunch of mates are starting a game next week. The character creation seems a little one-dimensional but the cult rank system seems cool. The lore and universe seems amazing.
>>
>>54969647
It lacks a few details here and there, prices for food/rations etc. The very limited character inventories can be a total ballache for longer campaigns, and Primal totally lacks any use.

However, that being said, the setting is fantastic and rich enough for you to do almost any type of campaign and the system is robust enough to hold up over time. I've been running a campaign in this for around a year and it isn't outstaying its welcome or running dry anytime soon.
>>
>>54970612
literally what?
>>
>>54970986
Those aren't Scrappers.
Spitalians are great fun to DM for though.
Hellvettics are a serious issue if you allow too many in your game. They are pretty game breaking especially early.

>>54973246
Wait, the way I've read the rules is that you hit the target number of 4+ you pass, you don't you fail and more 1s than 4+ you botch. I never remember reading (nor has anyone at the table mentioned) that getting more 2/3s than successes fail.
>>
>>54994149
Honestly, that makes sense considering that Hellvetics are the most elite military force in the setting.
>>
File: 023.png (1MB, 1488x2105px) Image search: [Google]
023.png
1MB, 1488x2105px
>>54994149
>>54994199
Hellvetics are absolutely broken early, unless you enforce the ammo rule really hard. I think Hellvetics are one of the elements that needs a bit more of a heavy roleplay element to balance them, that being the need to be efficient with the Trailblazer, or else they'll just stomp every violent encounter they get in.
>>
>>54994297
Roleplay is a key part of a lot of the factions, when it comes to their advantages and disadvantages. When it comes to the Hellvetics, they do have a stifling bureaucracy that requires them to explain the expenditure of every single round. Then you've got Clanners, who are mechanically extreme lackluster but have piles of benefits, provided you roleplay in the region where that specific clan is active.
>>
>>54969647
I didn't have a great experience with it. Dice resolution system is far too basic, the "levels" are really easy to cheese, setting is mostly aesthetic with almost no substance
>>
File: 098.png (993KB, 1240x876px) Image search: [Google]
098.png
993KB, 1240x876px
>>54994597
>An entire book with nothing but an incredibly in depth exploration of the setting, explaining each cults general attitudes towards eachother along with a chapter dedicated to every culture's area of origin
>Almost no substance
What?
>>
>>54994906
bloat
>>
File: 103.png (974KB, 1240x870px) Image search: [Google]
103.png
974KB, 1240x870px
>>54995206
I wonder how it feels to have an opinion this trash. It must be an enlightening experience.

>>54994149
On the rules part, I'm pretty sure you're correct in that what matters is getting more than the target number of 4+ dice, I don't think the getting more 2/3s than successes causing a fail is an actual rule, possibly just a houserule that anon's GM runs.

What games do Apocalyptics like to play?
>>
>>54995551
Any gambling games probably dice games or simple betting on illegal fights etc., though I'm pretty sure their Tarot is mainly superstition and fortune-telling that most lower ranks put stock in, used as a tool by the ravens to aid their threats/persuasion (kind of like giving someone the black spot)
>>
File: 1478347415721.jpg (31KB, 498x337px) Image search: [Google]
1478347415721.jpg
31KB, 498x337px
>>54994597

what the hell is this "too basic" meme? "dice resolution"??? what's ideal system for you people? rolling some stats and rolling the same d20 the whole session? like, what the hell do you nibbas want? a dicepool of d69s?
>>
>>54996302
>Dicepool of d12s
>Every 8+ on a d12 counts as 1 success
>A 12 counts as 2
>Every success on the d12 rolls gives you a d6 to roll
>Total the results of the d6 pool
>Roll this number of d4
>Compare to target number

I think this system would satisfy them, it adds a lot of complexity to the dice pool mechanic.
>>
>>54996368
So the mechanical clusterfuck of oWoD combat as an entire system
>>
>>54983577
Impeccable hygiene.
>>
>>54996391
Correct.

>>54996431
Impeccable hygiene combined with mandatory safe sex enforced with full body condoms.
>>
>>54995635
Apocalyptics can take Potential that let them cause legit bad luck on gullible characters. It is not even magic, just abusing superstitions.
>>
Wish people were running this on roll20
>>
>>54997464
Honestly, it's not the game you want to play with random people. You gotta be sure that your GM knows what he's doing.
>>
>>54994906
The appeal resides in the aesthetic, the "depth" is pretty dull.
>>54996302
It's so barebones that it makes me wonder why I'm playing the system the developers made rather than freeform.
>>
>>54997476
I know what you mean, running the system for the first time was a little wonky and it took a couple more run through of the rules for myself and the rest of the party to fully understand the rules. I've had half a mind to start a game at my local club or at roll20 but I just want to play really badly and not run. Beautiful books though, probably my favorites in my collection.
>>
File: 1452415670410.jpg (102KB, 700x535px) Image search: [Google]
1452415670410.jpg
102KB, 700x535px
If you could remove one Cult from the setting, which would it be?
>>
>>54999203
I'd rather play as the mutant fuckjobs really.
>>
>>54999203
Tough call, I am a type 1 Diabetic, so the German soldier doctors do appeal. On the other hand, gnostic Landschnecht look cool as hell.
>>
File: 1494680001901.jpg (98KB, 377x283px) Image search: [Google]
1494680001901.jpg
98KB, 377x283px
>>54999253
I've seen a couple of people say this before in these threads before but it's not an opinion I share.

For example, an Archon does so much damage it'll pretty much one-hit anything it comes up against and has it's psychokinetic shield that's strong enough to deflect bullets. It'll also mean that players all need to be the same type of Psychonaut because each type is native to its own spore field and they don't like leaving it's chakra which means exploring the rest of the world is out of the question. I dunno, just not my cup of tea.
>>
>>54999203
Oh my answer is probably the Jehammedans. The only bits I really like about the goatfuckers are the Aranoi because of Aries and their unique hierarchy.
>>
>>54999352
I think they could make a splatbook of lower power level infected things, stuff that's recently turned, trying to spread spore fields, etc. There's room for elaboration there, but it doesn't seem like a thing there's a lot of demand for.
>>
>>54986058
Nope. Part of Asia. India is a subcontinent of asia.
>>
>>54990683
Yeah don't trigger the little /pol/ snowflakes.
>>
File: Kangz.jpg (127KB, 600x772px) Image search: [Google]
Kangz.jpg
127KB, 600x772px
>>54999606
>What you don't want to play pic related, what are you some kind of Nazi?
>>
So in general, would it be worth it to buy the premium edition? I'm downloading the pdf right now, but I like having physical copies and the setting would be an easy sell to my friends, but other then the premium edition, I'm not sure really where to start.
>>
File: 1451860361190.jpg (192KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
1451860361190.jpg
192KB, 1280x1810px
>>54999678
Absolutely.
>>
>>54999708
the books are beautiful, I treat them like my bible.
>>
>>54999708
It was the first one I ever bought and it's by far my favourite and nicest looking book. In interviews with Marko and Adrian, they say that they spend weeks to months on some of the images and production and it really shows.
The only real downside is the shipping. By now I have paid more in shipping than I have in product buying the physical books.
>>
>>54999749
There is at least one approved vendor in the US that sells the book on ebay. I think it goes for about $100usd, and might have cheaper shipping than flying over from Europe.

Worth checking out for those that might want a physical copy.
>>
I prefer the setting to Degensis, whilst combat is one such part of the game. People seem to forget alot of TTRPGS include more than just combat.
>>
>>55002026
Just checked. $120 for the premium edition (includes Primal and Katharsis) and $16 for shipping in the US. A whole $33 less than the €99 + €45 that SMV wants to ship it to me in the States.
>>
>>55002026
Yeah I tried him but I live in Mad Max land so he won't ship here unfortunately. Well worth it if you're in the US though.
>>
>>54999606
The key part you need to explain is that the roles have been reversed. Africa has become incredibly fertile and almost temperate in places due to Eshaton fucking with the world and the Psychovore forcing its many disparate peoples into a relatively small region. Meanwhile, Europe has become a dangerous wasteland filled with impassable terrain and dangerous fauna, where scraping out a meager existence is all most people are capable of.

The result is a thriving nation of greedy, slave-mongering imperialists exploiting the resources and the natives of a land filled with superstitious, primitive tribes held back by the danger that surrounds them. The Africans aren't shown to be an enlightened, superior people, they're complete assholes. Nor are the Euorpeans necessarily inferior, they're just so busy struggling to survive the wasteland that Europe has become that most tribes don't have the necessary time or resources to create society. The only outliers are the cults, most of which retained some technological advantage from when the Eshaton occurred.
>>
File: 1500153474054.png (138KB, 538x442px) Image search: [Google]
1500153474054.png
138KB, 538x442px
>It's so barebones that it makes me wonder why I'm playing the system the developers made rather than freeform.

I wonder, what system is good enough for you anon?
>>
>>55002116
Perhaps you could try shooting SMV an email and seeing if they have a retail partner in Australia?
>>
Is it true that developers confirmed Black Atlantis this year in some interview?
>>
>>55002254
This or early next year.
Sixmorevodka is primarily a graphic deign studio, Degenesis is still only a side-gig and it doesn't pay any bills. This means they can have ridicules production values, but also slow and irregular releases.

here is the interview by the way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpRG7QlQXm4&t=1s
>>
>>55002315

>2 hours

Yikes.

I don't have an attention span for that but I'm glad it's actually confirmed. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>55002384
They also show some artwork for an upcoming Justitian source book.
>>
>>55002146
This. The Africans are actually completely fucking oblivious to the spore/psychovore problem and waste their fucking resources on vain trade disputes and shallow luxury.

They are the only civilization that might be able to get the military-industrial complex needed to halt the spore advance if they work together with sleepers and the Spitalians. In the old books is stated that to stop the spores you need a tech level 6 civilization. Pre comets world was tech level 5 with tech level 6 available for a rare few in some areas (Marauders). So the Africans would have to cooperate with sleepers and even develop their tech further to have a shot (and spitalian research into the spores is probably imperative aswell).

The whole game is some what left wing in its social/historical commentary but imho you need to be actually german to understand the full extent.

Spitalians and the Judges are inspired by the popular image of the judicative and medicin in National Socialism.

The whole Africa shtick is basically a social commentary ala Jared Diamond (this view is VERY common in germany imho but thats just my subjective view). The Africans do exactly the same thing the europeans did. Fueled by greed they start fucking over the other side while blindly racing towards their doom. Its a very materialist view of history that is expressed here.

Switzerland is basically a bunch of militarist assholes profiting of other peoples misery while avoiding the dirty stuff. They let the Africans pass through the Alps for their raiding (nazi gold analog etc etc) while pretending to be clean conscious mercs. And its no coincidence that austria is lumped in there aswell. After WW2 they spouted their first victim of fascism meme while actually they were just as responsible as the germans.
>>
>>54969647
I've recently run a fairly long campaign (around 9 months). Settings is absolutely fantastic, no doubt about that. My players loved it and became more and more invested as the story progressed.

The system isn't all that bad as I had four players, (two heavily experienced roleplayers, a new guy and a girl who started playing DnD about two months before) and they all enjoyed it.
While easy to grasp the dice mechanic functions pretty well, lethality is surely an "issue" and firearms are definitely more powerful than they could seem.

On a side note, the first published campaign "In Thy Blood" is quite good, but IMHO the little town where the events happens isn't all that representative of the setting and is kinda a let down.
>>
>>55002654
2/2

The anabaptists (is that right? Wiedertäufer is the german name) represent the large scale religion critique here. Not really believers, opportunists etc. At least in the old books it was HEAVILY implied they were a manufactured religion to gain influence.
>>
>>55002662
Don't forget the part where Europe is separated in east and west.
>>
>>55002654
>>55002722
>>55002662

While there is some social commentary in there I always reed it more a history repeating itself in weird ways, because humans don't learn.
>>
>>54970986
Trick question, Apocalyptics are best obviously.

>Bike ridin'
>Family lovin'
>Card playin'
>World lovin'
Now let's see what your cards tell me about letting you live.
>>
>>55002722
True indeed.

Oh and Apocalyptics are basically the NatSoc cliche of gypsies.

>>55002757
Thats is definetly a strong point too. Thats what I meant with the Africans.
>>
>>55003109
>>55002757
So do either of you understand what people mean when they say that Degenesis took the D&D issue of using real life analogues for guilt free murderhobo antics and took it to the next level, and give it a sidelong look because of it?
Having read the book thru, I think it would have been far more interesting to keep the entire game to continental Europe, maintain the tension between the different factions as humanities last, best chance separated by ideologues to prevent the murderhobo "Hurr these guys are evil npcs to kill!" mentality.
>>
>>55002654
Just going to say "Death of the Author"
>>
>>55003317
But who does Degenesis depict as the evil NPCs to be killed? Almost all enemies that aren't beasts or haven't been lowered to the level of beasts can be reasoned with and negotiated with, if you choose such a path.

Even Psychonauts can be negotiated with or even befriended, although that can only be done in the loosest of ways.
>>
>>55003467
>evil
No such thing. Shades of grey.

The Apocalyptic flock may be full of swell people, but you won't care much about that when it comes down to your or them.
>>
>>55003563
But >>55003317 seems to be claiming that Degenesis as it is encourages the "hurr these guys are evil npcs to kill!" mentality.

I really don't see it and I'm trying to understand why the guy thinks that way. His logic doesn't resonate with me at all.
>>
>>55003467
>who does Degenesis depict as the evil NPCs to be killed?
The Africans who have very little lore and whose presentation represents them as opportunistically hostile at best, outright hostile at worst because they exist in the same world as the players.
Orcs in most settings also have "culture" and "nuance", but they are still clearly designed and presented to be threats to the pcs that are safe to murderhobo. Africans in Degenesis are the same, and the devs didn't try to hide it at all, it's the fanbase that keeps trying to say "it's not like that!" when it clearly is purposefully.
>>
>>55003636
>The Africans who have very little lore
Wot? Did they leave something out in the english print? They have just as much as any other cult excluding the Judges and Spitalians.

>opportunistically hostile at best, outright hostile at worst
Of the three cults, only two are even at odds with europeans, and they are not pure opportunists but have clear goals funded in clay, resources and slaves.

>the devs didn't try to hide it at all, it's the fanbase that keeps trying to say "it's not like that!"
They can be your orcs if you as a GM want them to be, just as the Europeans can be your orcs if you want them to be in an african group. This is rather boring though, and orcs also generally don't come at you with technology and tactics superior to your own.
>>
>>55003636
Except Africa gets as much coverage as any other region in the setting and has three tribes unique to it that detail how it functions, not to mention there's dozens of recorded incidents in the books of Africans cooperating with Europeans in Franka, Borca, Purgare and Pollen.

Yes, you can play a Hybrispanian or Balkhan campaign in which the primary antagonist is the Lion. I don't understand how someone could read the same books that I have and come to the conclusion that Africans are depicted as horrific monstrosities to be hunted down and killed. In addition to that:
>when it is clearly purposefully.
See >>55003336.
>>
>>55003336
What do you mean with that ? Sorry I don't know the phrase.

>>55003317
Na. The first version was somewhat guilty of that but in the second version imho its pretty clear that most factions actually cooperate to a degree (even ideologically opposed ones) and that no one is in the right.

A tighter focus on Europe would have been better though.
>>
>>55003722
In the books its clearly stated that the Hybrispanians larping as new conquistadors kickstarted the African Imperialism. They completely lost any pretense of restraint after a while but they didn't started looting Europe just because...
>>
>>55003786
Okay, it took me a little while to interpret what you actually meant (who the fuck uses 'larping' in that context) but I still don't see how this depicts Africans as nothing but evil NPCs to be hunted down and killed.
>>
>>54974417
Sadly missing the new "The Killing Game". Anybody got that lying around?
>>
>>55003839
You're looking for a place "3 plus" times larger than this.

The key word is "the game where you die"
>>
>>55003810
Eh you missunderstood me.

I agree with sou that the Africans are actually depicted three dimensional.
>>
>>55002825
>World burnin'
FTFY
>>
>>55004111
Given that the world is freezing does starting a fire sound like a bad thing?
>>
File: 018 - Apocalyptics.png (2MB, 1488x2105px) Image search: [Google]
018 - Apocalyptics.png
2MB, 1488x2105px
>>55004368
>Apocalyptics, no sense of right or wrong!
>>
>>55004395
Or practical fashion sense.
>>
>>55004395
Is that supposed to be a pair of symmetrical 'Grab me here' tattoos on her hips? Kinky.
>>
>>55004464
DELETE THIS
>>
File: 139.png (1MB, 1240x858px) Image search: [Google]
139.png
1MB, 1240x858px
>>55004526
>Covering literally everything that isn't a vital organ.
>Not covering vital organs
I feel like this isn't a viable strategy for survival in a post apocalyptic world.
>>
>>54969888
>if your players are stupid
More like if your dice are shit.

The whole initiative giving more actions and defence requiring an action is broken as shit. If you roll low to average you get one action, and you need to use that to attack in order to kill whatever is in your face. So you attack and then whoops, can't dodge the nailed bat swinging into your face now!

Such a shit combat system, and it's so disappointing after all the meat factions and weapons.
>>
>>55004585
I imagine they at least put on masks when acquiring Burn. Plus, almost all of them certainly have some level of Sepsis contamination.
>>
>>55004395
How come her skin is so smooth and clean and her legs and genitals are shaven despite living in postapocalyptic shithole?
>>
>>55004526
>high level badass warrior woman
>no scrars and blemishes
>>
>>55004683
The art for Degenesis is inappropriately sexualised, that much should be obvious.

If you want to try and justify it though, you could say that she's never ventured outside of the Protectorate and lives a pretty coddled life there, where she's never been exposed to the dangers of untamed Europe.
>>
>>55004683
>her skin is so smooth and clean and her legs and genitals are shaven despite living in postapocalyptic shithole
In that postapocalyptic shithole they have their priorities right
>>
>>55004683
Sepsis contamination obviously. Makes the skin so smooth and soft.
>>
>>55004787
>inappropriately sexualised,

found the sjw
>>
>>55004825
go back to your safe space if you don't want to hear opinions you might not approve of
>>
>>55004728
Unlike the European Raven, a Buzzard controls
his Flock through allegories, sagas; and prophecies. If he
succeeds in an Action roll on INT+Legends in a Conflict
with another Apocalyptic, the loser has to obey his
Buzzard if he doesn’t want to get kicked out of the Flock.
If the Buzzard is supported by a loyal Ibis, the Ibis rolls,
too, and gives his Successes and Triggers to the Buzzard.
If Scourgers accuse the Buzzard of a crime, he may send
a member of his Flock to duel with a Scourger. No matter
how the confrontation ends, the guilt is washed away by
the duel.

Basically, she has a lot of friends in right places if you know what I mean.
>>
>>55004683
Post-apocalyptic is an incorrect descriptor of Degenesis at this point. Tripol and Justinian both have 20th century living standards and it's probably possible for someone with the right resources and/or connections to live a life of luxury.
>>
>>55004861
Also, mechanics wise the path of Hummingbird -> Ibis -> Buzzards technically doesn't require any combat skills whatsoever, you just bullshit your way through while acquiring allies and contacts everywhere.
>>
File: 027.png (2MB, 1488x2105px) Image search: [Google]
027.png
2MB, 1488x2105px
>>55004884
Not to mention the Africans probably approaching pre-Eshaton levels of tech, its probably not unreasonable to think that there are places in the world where people don't have to deal with the effects of the Primer at all.

Speaking of the Primer, has there ever been any word on what happened to the Americas? It's way out of the scope of the actual game, but it would be interesting to think of a third version of the Primer that landed in the Americas.
>>
>>55005594
From what I heard from other anons America is covered in layers of ashes and there is no indication if there are any people alive.
>>
>>55005594
>>55005730

Yellowstone. I could see an interesting homebrew though.

Its not a full eruption and you have REALLY weird primer stuff due to the hostile environment.
>>
>>54983655
>How can other girls even compete?
See >>55004395
>>
>>55004683
Scavenged depilation machine?
>>
File: 1472768836130.png (168KB, 414x433px) Image search: [Google]
1472768836130.png
168KB, 414x433px
>>55004611
>The whole initiative giving more actions and defence requiring an action is broken as shit. If you roll low to average you get one action, and you need to use that to attack in order to kill whatever is in your face. So you attack and then whoops, can't dodge the nailed bat swinging into your face now!

What are you smoking, anon? You can defend by using your next action even if you attacked (which doesn't mean you won't be able to move), which is realistic. It's impossible to defend and attack at the same time and I hate bullshit systems that actually allow shit like that. You know there's also passive defense mechanic that makes you harder to hit if you actually maneuver?

And free action is not bad at all. It's a one-time thing which requires scoring 2 Triggers, and to reliably get that you need at least 5-6 dices in PSY + Reaction.

I'm starting to think you only read the rules and never actually played a game anon...
>>
>>55005594
All we know is that Europe was struck first. Scandinavia got hit but that's buried beneath a glacier. Others punctured Europe all across its surface. Another partially disintegrated as it streaked over Africa, namely Sudan, before plunging into the Atlantic.

Yet it's hard to imagine any asteroids hitting the Americas if it was a single barrage. Imagine the trajectory they must have had for the majority to hit Europe and another to narrowly miss Africa only to land in the Atlantic. It makes me feel as though more, perhaps even lots more could have smashed into Asia and the Arabian and Indian Seas. Meanwhile, the Americas should technically be pretty Primer-free, having suffered from none of the impacts due to being impossible to hit from that trajectory and angle.

It probably suffered apocalyptic conditions just as bad as Europe but it shouldn't have much in the way of Primer problems, except for maybe Psychovore infestations on the North Atlantic coast of South America and that's a big, big maybe, depending on how you interpret the origins of the Psychovores - did they come from the tsunami of the meteor impacting the Atlantic or were they produced by the asteroid flaring up in the atmosphere above Sudan?
>>
>>55006814
Rereading it, it's almost definite that the Psychovore was caused by the atmospheric entry over Sudan rather than the impact in the Atlantic. So no, there would be no Psychovore presence in the Americas.
>>
What probably should be considered is that back pre-Eshaton, once shit hit the fan, it hit it HARD. I am talking about Super-Aids breaking out and killing people in droves, and their tech getting hit by a strange bug that caused the robotized police force to go crazy and disabled the defenses against the asteroids.

The big space rocks were pretty much the mercy kill on top of that.
>>
>>55002654
>>55002662
>>55003109

Do the Chroniclers, Clanners, Scrappers, and Palers represent anything?
>>
>>55007547
Palers are basement weebs circle-jerking on their waifus. The funny part is there are actual players who are waifuing sleepers.
>>
File: 092.png (3MB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
092.png
3MB, 1240x1754px
>>55007055
Sounds like America would be a pretty interesting homebrew opportunity, if it hasn't been hit so hard/at all by the Primer, and instead would be dealing with the backlash of all the Pre-Eshaton problems. It would be pretty doubtful that anyone from Europe would be able to reach it unless it was funded by the richer African groups.
>>
File: 080.png (1MB, 1240x1748px) Image search: [Google]
080.png
1MB, 1240x1748px
>>55007547
Chroniclers are what basement dwelling weebs wish they could be in a post apocalypse.
>>
>>55007547
>Chroniclers
Neo-Nazis, looking through the history of a failed civilization and picking and choosing all the positive parts while ignoring / redefining the negatives.

>Clanners
Just freeform "Everything else we forgot" class

>Scrappers
Trümmerfrauen and their equivalents in other war zones. Digging through refuse, filth and broken promises to one day find that holy grail they've been looking for, always failing.

>Palers
Ignoramuses - the ones that claim they "didn't know" or "didn't see" when atrocities were commited around them. Holding on to the corrupt liars they elected to be their leaders through thick and thin.
>>
File: 019 - Anabaptists.png (2MB, 1488x2105px) Image search: [Google]
019 - Anabaptists.png
2MB, 1488x2105px
>>55010559
>Trümmerfrauen
What does this translate to?

Rest seems pretty legit honestly, although the point for neo-nazis arguably applies just as well to people talking about communism these days.
>>
>>55010801
>the point for neo-nazis arguably applies just as well to people talking about communism
I don't know much about Djurdevic' background, but in his parents home country of Serbia, that is definitely the case.

>Trümmerfrauen
Those were the ladies in post-war germany that removed and dug through the rubble looking for anything useable. Similar things can be seen in heavily destroyed war zones all over the globe.
>>
>>55010559
Wow, a lot of this comes back to WW2 and Nazism. Cool stuff. Thank you deutschfriend
>>
File: Black_Atlantic_02.jpg (27KB, 960x281px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Atlantic_02.jpg
27KB, 960x281px
>>55008395
There's actually an Americas book coming out later this year called Black Altlantic which was spoken about in the YouTube video above. It's supposed to go over the North Atlantic state of affairs and quite heavily involves the Palers and RG.
The books been delayed before so my guess is that it'll be next year before we see it.
>>
>>55010852
>>55010559

Bin also nicht der einzige der einen schweren NS Verabeitungskomplex vibe von Degenesis bekommt.

>>55011010
The chroniclers imho represent specifically the aspect of technocratic rule in the NS state. The dudes who wanted to gas less people in the camps but not because of compassion but because the burden on the ovens was too high.

There is tons of that shit. Spitalians brabbling shit about conditioning to siphon funds from easily impressed judges etc.
>>
File: 126.png (1MB, 1240x876px) Image search: [Google]
126.png
1MB, 1240x876px
>>55011046
Oh shit, nice. It makes sense that it would involve Palers and RG a lot, those two elements are heavily involved in the Pre-Eshaton stuff going on in the core book, and if America was hit less in Eshaton, they'd likely be around over there a lot more.

>>55010852
Very interesting stuff, thanks for the insight anon.
>>
>>55011444
The difference is that everything in North America is likely buried beneath at least ten feet of volcanic as, if not outright coated in magma. Sure, there's almost no Primer nonsense going on but the old world is likely crushed under the product of Yellowstone's eruption.
>>
Its nice to see a Degensis thread thats go on for a bit
>>
>>55012270
Yeah agreed. Normally they get derailed by /pol/ brainlets screeching about kangs. It's been a nice change to actually discuss some of the lore and party mechanics.
>>
File: tmp_8226-scivis_860-2018110725.jpg (192KB, 860x672px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8226-scivis_860-2018110725.jpg
192KB, 860x672px
>>55011545
A Yellowstone eruption would be pretty bad as far as crop growth goes, but it certainly wouldn't be 10 feet of volcanic ash.
>>
>>54999203
Never really got the Jehammedan's whole schtick, they're literally just basic clanners only they have a religious war with the baptists and fuck goats. The Aranioi might as well be a separate NPC faction given the obvious indoctrination overtones and do not fit at all with the rest of the clan.
>>
>>55013181
There's plenty of cults on the verge of just being clans and plenty of clans on the verge of deserving to be cults.

Jehammedians are one of those. The thing that separates them is that they're widespread enough that they can't be considered a small, isolated group. They can be found from Hybrispania through to Balkhan and they've got a detailed enough hierarchy that they can be represented with a cult instead of just a clan.
>>
What are some cool campaign ideas for a Protectorate centric group?
So far I've got:
>A Needle trying to topple the Chronicler regime and re-enter the cluster
>A corrupt senator being bought by Africans and is establishing a Neolibyan centric marketplace in Justitian. May or may not be buying kids from Apocalyptic Storks to send back to the motherland.
>Psychonauts congregating around the main roads to neighbouring cultures. Supply to the larger cities is drying up. The Orgiastics and Spitalians are going to war and need able hands.
>>
>>55013296
That may be true and they might be widespread, but their power level is so low it really doesn't add anything interesting or unique to the setting or campaigns. They're wrapped up in family planning and tight knit groups which makes for shite storylines for anyone else in a party.
>>
Anyone have a pdf of Killing Game?

>>54969647

Steal the art and setting for a better game, like Legacy.
>>
>>55013400
It's in Da Archive somewhere. I uploaded it a while back and someone started hosting it.
>>
>>55013471

It was down yesterday or the day before when i checked. Reup?
>>
>The Dushani glide through the mountain creeks and surround themselves with kraken, jellyfish and crawfish.
Is Balkhan's main water supply saltwater?
Usud isn't near any bodies of water. Are Psychonauts salinating water? How do they get their invertebrates?
>>
>>55013516
Not sure then. I put it up as soon as I got the pre-order and haven't checked since. I'm on mobile now so I can't re-up yet.
>>
>>55004850
You're the foreign element in this situation. You go back.
>>
>>54993436
>>54993491

Well I'm positively throbbing. Can anyone tell me more about the pheromancers?
>>
>>55013552
Quick Google tells me that the Balkhans have a higher than average amount of water, from what I can tell it's mostly fresh but I wouldn't be surprised if the Eshaton fucked up the ecology enough for those fish to move further inland. Plus, the Primer could potentially change the animals, make them more able to deal with different environments, perhaps?

Speaking of Psychonauts though, is there anything in the core book about how different kinds of Psychonauts react to each other?
>>
>>55013552
There are freshwater jellyfish, plus that's to say nothing of how wildlife has changed due to the primer. Polan has massive trilobites roaming around back from the dead, so I'm willing to overlook quite a bit as far as SOP for nature.

>>55014487
It seems incredibly rare for psychonauts to leave their chakras, and since each chalra is tied to a very specific geographic region of Europe, I can't imagine they really meet regularly - if ever.
>>
>>55014453
Pheromancers live in Franka (France/UK/Ireland) and are arguably the dominant lifeform in that part of the continent with Paris being the location of a massive Mother Spore field and the home of an unbelievably powerful Pheromancer. Exposure to their pheromones for even a short period without protection enslaves you to their will making you a drone at their command (Leperos). Typically the Leperos just stand still or patrol around their hive, reporting or attacking any intruders but also have been seen making nests like that of insects or carving totems in the likeness of their patron to show their ownership of domain.
Pheromancers are essentially a queen ant/bee with it residing primarily in its hive, consuming or breeding with certain Leperos drones to propagate and create more Pheromancers.
The books indicate they are one of the more intelligent types of Psychonaut after one struck a nonagression pact with the Africans around Toulon. But to completely destroy your /d/ fap bait fantasy, the mind of Psychonaut is vastly different from a humans. They are very primal in nature and have no compassion for humanity. They will never love you and can only be redeemed through fire.
>>
>>55015115
>Can only be redeemed by fire
Correct, the plague must be burned from Franka for our soil to return to purity!
>>
File: lewdlyapproved.jpg (130KB, 800x969px) Image search: [Google]
lewdlyapproved.jpg
130KB, 800x969px
>>55014487
>>55014515
Both are good answers, I'll take 'em both. Cheers.
>>
>>55013342
>...their power level is so low it really doesn't add anything interesting or unique to the setting or campaigns. They're wrapped up in family planning and tight knit groups which makes for shite storylines for anyone else in a party.
While this is true, I can't help but think that the direction their background lore is taking, that in a future book the cult will be completely revamped once Aries does more stuff plot-wise.

Jehammed's Disk had a transmission telling followers that the religion was lying to them, that the black and gold "fleece" carries the secrets of rebirth and immortality, and that the speaker is (or at least is quoting) Jehammed, who has returned to guide them to a new dawn.

Then the artifact Jehammed's Star had a transmission about Jehammed's links to the RG board of directors, Mememan's fascination with him, how he donated his entire fortune to his followers months before he made his Mecca speech, and how his last known travel coordinates were taking him to Cairo, which we know to have been a pre-Eshaton hotbed for level 6 technology.

I think it is reasonably safe to think that Aries is strongly hinted as being Jehammed, himself. If he is, or if Aries' agenda reveals more of the secret pre-Eshaton history of the cult, I could easily see it getting a huge revamp regarding how the hierarchy and inter-cult relations work.

Currently one of the more boring cults to play due to the low tech and disinterest with playing ball with other cults, but I see a lot of potential being teased with it, too.
>>
>>55010801
>What does this translate to?
Wikipedia says 'rubble women' or 'ruins women'
>>
File: Vicarent.png (1MB, 1352x1349px) Image search: [Google]
Vicarent.png
1MB, 1352x1349px
>>55015529
Jehammedans will be a goldmine for GMs because of this but there is still no way I would ever play one unless it was a crusade style campaign in the Adriatic. And even then, I'd prefer to play an Anabaptist.
>>
>>55015737
I mean, bidenhanders, unstable flamethrowers, low-combat gardener monks, and oiling up for combat with spore drugs. What's not to love about all that?
>>
What alternate systems would you use for this?
>>
>>55010801
>Stalinism
>communism
Anon...
>>
>>55016378
Why not just use Katharsys?
>>
>>55016750

Because it's trash?
>>
>>55016378
Just refluff pathfinder.
>>
File: 9469880.gif (985KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
9469880.gif
985KB, 500x252px
>>55017086
>>
>>55004787
Europeans are more open in term of nakedness and sexuality than Burgers. Burgers get all excited during wet t-shirt contests in Cancun. In Europe chicks sunbath topless and there are nudist beaches about everywhere, especially in Germany.
>>
>>55003581
He said "prevents", not "encourages".
>>
>>55003996
I... Uhh...
What? I think I got the 3 plus bit, but I couldn't figure it out past that.
>>
>>55015115
The drones aren't necessarily all Leperos, although their time in Pheromancer custody likely means that they become permanent spore carriers, they've been so exposed to the Sepsis.
>>
>>55016378
the 40k rules, whatever they are called, are pretty easy to wiggle into this.

Savage Worlds also works, and I say that as someone that doesn't even like Savage Worlds.
>>
>>55017086
What makes it trash?
Its a more streamed line version of Shadowrun that can be more forgiving. Not once did I feel cheated out of anything.
>>
>>55012682
Depending on where exactly the atlantic meteor landed, the east coast may get floating spore-bergs stranding at it's coasts. too for some added low-level body horror.

As far as I can tell it goes like this
>Biokinetics - Root chakra
>Dushani - Throat chakra
>Pheromancers - Heart chakra
>Paragnostiks - Third Eye chakra
>Psychokinetics - Solar Plexus Chakra

This leaves two chakras open for the atlantic one, the sacral chakra about sexuality and pleasure and the crown chakra abouzt spirituality and bliss.

I am assuming that the crown chakra is the atlantic one - the perfect circle is a symbol of the anubians after all, and they are very spiritualy inclined to deal with the psychovores.

So if you want even more than just swimming spore bergs, why not have the sacral chakra hit the US for a homebrew?
>>
>>55019181
>the 40k rules, whatever they are called, are pretty easy to wiggle into this.

You mean the RPG's? I could see that working. Just fiddle around with the weapon stats a bit and you are golden.
>>
>>55013332
There was a campaign for first edition called "nichtfraktal" or "nonfractal" The premise was that the Chroniclers announce that they have located the Nichtfraktal, a legendary artifact in a relatively untouched ruin-field near the Reaper's Blow east of the protectorate. This causes a gold-rush not just among the Scrappers, since everybody known that who ever finds it will be set for life.
Problem is, no one knows what the thing looks like, not even the Chroniclers, but they have a device to scan for it. So they drag everything they find to the improvised alcove hoping it might the the Nichtfractal.
The Party has to deal with local Clanners, thugs working for the cartel (scrapper union/mafia), searching the hidden treasures and all kinds of other nonsense.
Anyway, the twist is that there never was a Nichtfraktal. The entire thing was nothing but a social studies experiment orchestrated by a demented fragment. If the players figure it out and make it public make the champing will end in a good old lynch-mob hanging the old fractal from the ruins.

About your other ideas:
>A corrupt senator being bought by Africans and is establishing a Neolibyan centric marketplace in Justitian. May or may not be buying kids from Apocalyptic Storks to send back to the motherland.
fun fact: Neolibyans have an embassy in Justinia and bribing people to get good trade-deals is certainly in there ballpark, but the buying children is a tat cartoonishly evil and also doesn't seem very profitable, considering that there are perfectly legal slave-markets in the east and children make particular good slaves.
>>
>>55019765
>DON'T make particular good slaves.
>>
>>55019765
That's great! I would love to have a copy of some of the original books/pdfs for this reason (also I love the sketchy drawing style)
The idea behind kids is to help cultivate Stockholm Syndrome early, and besides if Storks took them, they're probably not going to have a good run of things anyway. You're about it lacking subtlety and that's not something I aim for in Degenesis because the whole setting is a lot more nuanced than that. One of the few reasons I would consider putting it in anyway is because I know none of my group has read much of the lore so I'd need to really highlight the whole 'African advance' and their customs a lot.
>>
>>55020024
>You're right about it*
Sorry, it's late.
>>
>>55018384
you add 3 to the certain number in the url

then you search for something i mentioned
>>
>>55019765
Maybe they are aiming for completely inhuman shit like organ harvesting and want goodies rather than slaves
>>
>>55010559
>overthinking it this much

It’s just a game with pretty pictures by Serbian concept artist.
>>
>>55020369
He's German, second generation serb.
Also, the hidden metaplot and imagery has been a thing since first edition and has been actively rewarded by SMV getting in on the discussions.
>>
>>55004728
I kinda liked the old art more, it was grittier and fit the tone more.
The new art looks almost too good and too clean
>>
>>55003996
>>55020123
I have no idea what the fuck this puzzle is supposed to mean, so I just bypassed it via my google fu.
>tfw high int low psy
>>
File: 1500192097830.jpg (37KB, 484x324px) Image search: [Google]
1500192097830.jpg
37KB, 484x324px
>>55021248

4chan + 3 = 7chan

find 7chan sharethread and ctrl+f "the game where you die"
>>
>>55021316
Well I just googled "the game where you die" pdf and it gave me direct link anyway.
Also our trove has it too, just in different place.
>>
>>55021397
In retrospect, how do you feel about the riddle?
>>
>>55021427
I am not very good at riddles. But being able to just google the phrase makes whole riddle useless.
>>
>>55021657
but makes the thread less likely to be taken down
>>
>>55021699
Yeah, I remember when it first came out we had to use dumb meme names for PDFs to avoid it being taken down constantly.
>>
File: 110.png (3MB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
110.png
3MB, 1240x1754px
>>55020520
The new art is super well done though, and it gives a really good feel of the world .
>>
File: 005 - Hybrispania.png (1MB, 1488x2105px) Image search: [Google]
005 - Hybrispania.png
1MB, 1488x2105px
>>55019765
The nonfractal campaign sounds really cool, was it in a splatbook or the core book? I'd like to take a read of it.
>>
File: 15-56-thickbox.jpg (65KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
15-56-thickbox.jpg
65KB, 600x600px
>>55025055
It was it's own campaign book. I don't know if you can find it online thou.
>>
>>54975822
what are the sleepers?
>>
>>55027837
Recombination Group, or RG, a pharmaceuticals corporation, prepared pretty extensively for the apocalypse. In fact, there's plenty of evidence pointing to RG being responsible for pretty much every part of the apocalypse except for the asteroids coming towards Earth. It's not outright said but the amount of preparation RG put into preparing for the apocalypse was ludicrous; no corporation would do such a thing unless they actually intended for the apocalypse to happen. There's just no profit in it.

In any case, the Sleepers are RG personnel that were infected with highly sophisticated memes and put into cryostasis. Originally, every century after the apocalypse a wave of Sleepers was meant to be released, intended to infiltrate post-apocalyptic settlements and dispense their memes in whatever population they come into contact with, shaping them in accordance to RG's plan. Unfortunately, something went wrong. The memories of the Sleepers are messed up. They recall the memes, it's the other stuff they don't remember. Names, dates, locations, it's all a blur. Not only that but they were released almost randomly, rather than in waves as intended. Some 100s are still in stasis despite it being five hundred years later, some 400s woke up during the first century, etc.

In short, the Sleepers are humans equipped with extremely advanced technology from before the apocalypse that were frozen in cryostasis, bound together by the memes that RG infected them with and intending on reshaping the world in RG's image. But it's not going according to plan.
>>
>>54971652
what faction/cult is this?
>>
>>55029002
That's a Sleeper.
>>
>>55028686
RG is seriously my favorite part of the setting. It's pretty much Vault-Tec with a few rough edges ironed out and some added Tiphares from Battle Angel Alita.

They even have a space station where the members of their board fucked off to before the Eshaton.
>>
File: 002 - Franka.png (2MB, 1488x2105px) Image search: [Google]
002 - Franka.png
2MB, 1488x2105px
>>55028686
>They recall the memes.
Memes, Jack, the DNA of the soul!

>>55027837
Also, the Palers are looking for dormant sleeper bunkers, that's one of the cults main motivations, I might be wrong though, I haven't read up too much on Palers.
>>
>>55029131
It's been a while, but weren't "normal" sleepers (Not Marauders) playable in first edition?
>>
>>55028686
>>55029463
>She clad her mind in scintillating memes
My favorite quote in the book. The devs probably had no idea how unintentionally hilarious that was.
>>
>>55029463
Palers should just be one of the many NPC clans.
>>
>>55030122
They have enough interesting and unique elements that they deserve their own cult, plus they're too large a group to just be a clan. There's a lot a GM can do with the Palers, not so much some random clan.
>>
File: 1473701113157.png (208KB, 500x219px) Image search: [Google]
1473701113157.png
208KB, 500x219px
>>55029530
I don't believe so. Though I've read stories where DMs have revealed that all the players are actually Sleepers waiting to be triggered by certain points in the story. At this point they get the crazy bonuses the Sleepers get from their nanites and start recalling their memetic programming
>>
>>55004825
>>55014171
>dae finding stupid 'fanservice' boring, lame, and overused instead of sexy is 'sjw'
>>
>bitch out from gming two times
>just want to play
I ran stuff before with out being a player not sure why this is the case now
>>
I'm running a game soon and starting in good ol' Tumbler.
What are people's thoughts on keeping the places and characters from the newbie intro campaign?
>>
>>55032324
You mean the one with the downy sheriff and his child bride, and the hulking scrapper in his deathtrap dungeon?
>>
>>55032912
The very same.
>>
What is the best Culture and why is is Borca?
>>
Anybody have some 1st ed pdfs?
>>
>>55031766
Complaining about fanservice is itself boring, lame and overused.
>>
>>55004683
That's a really really unrealistic and important thing to dwell on unlike anything else in this bizarro surrealistic dystopia, you fat hairy feminist
>>
>>55036072
>uh oh, how dare you to complain about this specific thing and not any other, you must but be <bogeyman of the year>
You are legit retarded.
>>
>>55036096
>If you call us out on our selective bias you are very stupid!

Complaining about pubes in a setting with telekynetic fungus people isn't the most autistic thing I habe seen in a while then.

I guess a Person arguing the point that no comet in the world would realistically turn African society into a powerhouse is suspicious though.
>>
>>55034501
I prefer Hybrispania. Borca is just too cold to be comfy for me.
>>
Would anyone here be up to do an introductory round via discord or w/e? The books look gorgeous, but they are heftily priced.
>>
>>55034501
Franka > Balkhan > Pollen > Borca > Africa
> Hybrispania > Purgare
>>
File: Arnika.png (1MB, 1346x1330px) Image search: [Google]
Arnika.png
1MB, 1346x1330px
>>55038304
What do you mean by round? Like, running through a basic combat or do you mean running through an introductory campaign/oneshot?
>>
>>55038504
Oneshot would be great, but some basic rolling and situation dealing would be good too.
>>
>>55038522
>>55038504
>>55038304
I'd be up for any of the related. Post a link, make sure it has a bot for rolling and we can chat about it.
>>
>>55038522
Post your discord. I'm fairly new to it but I've got half an hour so I can go through a pass of combat and a few of the basics.
>>
>>55038547
You too if you want.
>>
>>55038522
I'm down, I have copies of the books and I wouldn't mind giving it a test run.
>>
>>55038547
Not sure how to set up a rolling bot. It'll just be a quick demo so just use random.org or something.

https://discord.gg/V45dU
>>
>>
>>55038547
>>55038566
>>55038657
>>55038719
You may want to create a permanent invite link for that discord.

Dice bot is here
https://github.com/ArtemGr/Sidekick

I can join tomorrow, gotta clean up for my group now.
>>
>>55039072
It was just a demo session, already done.
>>
File: 3_Degenesis Sketches.jpg (165KB, 600x612px) Image search: [Google]
3_Degenesis Sketches.jpg
165KB, 600x612px
>>55038878
As one of the guys pointed out in the demo, AGI+Dexterity is not the combat dodge roll. It should be AGI+Mobility
>>55039072
Sorry mate it's already over.
Might do another one some time later if there's interest and if I've done some prep for it.
>>
>>55039188
>>55039214
Shucks. Any feedback on it? Does the game flow? is it worth the cash?
>>
>>55039333
I was the guy getting the learnin' on the session, it takes a little bit of thinking about it when you start but it does flow pretty well. There's a bit of flicking back and forth through the book for special rules etc, but it's definitely a nice system and the book is totally worth it to me, even if I wasn't using the system, just for the setting info and the god-tier art.
>>
>>55039333
Once it's adequately explained and you're used to the system, it flows alright.

There's a bit of a stumble whenever you use equipment or items with special rules. In this instance, the Spitalian shot a fungicide rifle at a Gendo, which meant we needed to decide what agent he was using in his rifle. Then when we chose fire dust, it said that it uses fire as per the Spitfire. The Spitfire said that it works as per the fire rules. The result was five minutes of rummaging around for the right rules.

The core rules for combat flow nicely. The formatting of the book makes it hard to find special rules, so things become a little quirky if you stray away from the special rules. I'd suggest that each player copies down whatever special rules they'll be using before the session, so that it doesn't need to constantly be looked up. The core of Katharsys is good, the details are clunky.
>>
>>55039361
>>55039388
Okay, so making sure to go through weapon rules before session 1 is recommended. I can deal with that, coming from Shadowrun, which may as well be called flip-book - the game.

I'm just gonna go ahead and order it, as anon said, the art itself kinda makes it worth it to just have.
>>
>>55039072
https://discord.gg/7FNWnSq

Here's a permanent link for a Discord server that can be used, complete with Sidekick.

Thread's in autosage now but if anyone's interested in taking part in a game of Degenesis in the future, might as well go there and see if anyone will be interested in running it at any point.
>>
I am not advocating for power-gaming in any way, but... with Balkan + Conqueror + Hellvetics you can get Force 10 from the start.
>>
>>55039642
If you want to take full advantage of that, you need to explain why your Hellvetic is engaging hostiles with weapons that use Force, most of which are either primitive projectile weapons or melee weapons.

His superiors will demand to know why he's charging into close quarters, swinging around a sword like some mad Anabaptist.
>>
>>55039712
Actually you just made me realize both Anabaptists and Scourgers also have bonus to Force as well (and the former would have also Melee at 8) but neither of them are normal for Balkan.
>>
>>55039777
If you're power-gaming, you don't need to logically explain your culture-concept-cult combinations. Just go with whatever gets you the most points.

Just understand that in the actual game, things need to be explained.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.