[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /tg/ play domino or did it die with your grandparents?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 0017672073.jpg (55KB, 642x481px) Image search: [Google]
0017672073.jpg
55KB, 642x481px
Does /tg/ play domino or did it die with your grandparents?
>>
>>54969318
My family plays Mexican Train dominoes during our weekly family dinner when we're not playing Bridge or Hand & Foot.
>>
>>54969318
I played a little when I was a kid
>>
I play sometimes, but it's... not exactly a good game, to be honest. Not much depth to it.
>>
>>54969318
It's still played, and it is one of the marks of a traditional pub that they have a couple of sets as well as cribbage boards and decks of cards.
>>
>>54969318
I keep forgetting there's an actual game behind it beyond lining them in a row and watching them fall
>>
File: tales_from_the_hood_5.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tales_from_the_hood_5.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>54969318
My older brothers used to play it with their hoodrat friends, but that's the extent of my exposure. Now when I think of dominoes I think of the musky smell of weed and forty ounces in brown paper bags. That was a long time ago but I assume that it still thrives in the ghetto, for some strange reason.
>>
>>54969318
my family used to play it at family gatherings, but it was always for money, never a large amount but always like $5 entrance..

I always associated it with gambling i suppose.
>>
>>54970174
There has to be something to it, though. My grandfather won asily 9 out of 10 games we played against him. He always knew what your hand was and what you were about to play.
>>
My families game of choice. Parents learned from a buncha ex-convicts on the farm they used to work on.
>>
>>54969318
We had a "domino summer" among my group of friends
>>
Play Mexican Trains dominoes with my Mother and wife on rare occasions.
>>
>>54969318
Like many other games, I used to play it when I had people to play it with.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.