/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are systems where instead of having classes, your choice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1502851819215.jpg (17KB, 320x364px) Image search: [Google]
1502851819215.jpg
17KB, 320x364px
what are systems where instead of having classes, your choice of stats and skills alone directly determine a character's role?
>>
Shadowrun comes to mind.
>>
BRP
GURPS
HERO
Mutants & Masterminds
Vortex
>>
>>54969310
oWoD/WoD
>>
>>54969310
Engine Heart
>>
Savage Worlds
Fate
M&M
Song of Swords I think
>>
>>54969310
Burning Wheel, unless you count lifepaths as classes
>>
Majority of them actually

Classes are only most common thing because ONE immensely popular game does them, but most other games don't
>>
>>54969310
Literally every classless system.
>>
There are literally dozens of such systems. In fact if you had played anything but d&d you would know that classless systems VASTLY outnumber those that use . But you don't, because rather than do even thirty seconds of research you decided to make a thread on /tg/ . You worthless fucking normie attention whore. Kill yourself you worthless nigger. Go back to skyrim drinking code red Mountain Dew. Hang yourself in your garage once you get to level 100 in Dota 2. Or don't commit suicide, but at least stay off this fucking board. I am sick of faggot fucks like you asking stupid questions, mods need to make a sticky and start banning this kind of shit.
>>
>>54969489
They're actually common among systems that have developed far enough that certain ability combinations have been noticed to be used in tandem frequently.

Most games never reach that point, and it may be fairer to call them "packages" rather than true "classes", but classes are simply the step in the development process where the designers actually understand the nature of mechanics and how no matter how you try to balance a game there will be certain combinations that exceed other combinations as long as your system actually has some mechanical weight behind its mechanics.
>>
File: Totem.pdf (326KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Totem.pdf
326KB, 1x1px
Summerland
Totem
Patty-cakes
GURPS
WoD
Engine Hearts
Mutual Masturbation
Drunken Bear Fighter
>>
File: Rosaria.jpg (2MB, 3500x3589px) Image search: [Google]
Rosaria.jpg
2MB, 3500x3589px
>>54969562
>Start a discussion where total newbs can find quick refs
>Respond with a degree of vitriol normally only found between an alchemist's ass cheeks

Damn son. Just, damn.
>>
I can't think of any.

There are classless systems, but at those systems your skills and stats dont decide your role

I could be a character at a cyberpunk world, learn how to program stuff just for fun and after it never use computer anymore. So the programming has nothing to do with how I am, just the fact I know how to program and that I am the kind of guy that would learn how to program for fun and then NEVER use it

The father of a child could force an child to learn some skill he doenst care about, classless systems allow that
>>
>>54969310
WaRP
>>
>>54969656

That's literally biggest pile of BS I read in some months,
>>
Only War/Dark Heresy 2e.
Your background determines starting talents,skills and how easy it is to learn new things.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.