[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Obsidian Portal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: Obsidian-Portal-2-1.jpg (14KB, 500x150px) Image search: [Google]
Obsidian-Portal-2-1.jpg
14KB, 500x150px
What does /tg/ thinks of Obsidian Portal?

Have you used it?
Is it useful?
What does it do right/wrong?
>>
>>54967565
Its great. The wiki creation is intuitive, I've got all the major NPCs uploaded for the length of the campaign along with their stats, image and relevant story points and the Forum is all set up with folders for each major topic of conversation.
And the players haven't touched it other than logging into it for the first time and RSVPing to the first session which could have just been done using a Google calendar invite. Buying a 12 month subscription was a huge mistake.
>>
I have honestly never run a game that wasn't in person ... the one time I did try to join a game the game was a shit and so we're the ppl in it.
I've never done online games since.
>>
>>54967565
It never gets updated.
>>
>>54968536
So in your experience players don't really engage with it? I dig the idea but perhaps the current implementation is a bit shite.

>>54968579 Its for keeping track of real games though no? Not like roll20.

>>54968739
Yeah I made an account when it fist went up and it looks exactly the same.
>>
File: pathfinder.jpg (43KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
pathfinder.jpg
43KB, 480x360px
>>54968933
That's accurate, but each player has different reasons for not using it. One says it doesn't work well on her phone, another guy doesn't want to have to login to something constantly and another says he doesn't do well reading things on screens and says he'll stick to the physical books.

The implementation of some stuff is great. Their maps feature is great with how it integrates with google maps so you can set waypoints and shit which can link back to your wiki (but because the feature only works if you use square maps you'll be doing a cropping and re-orientating in Paint/PS. It's probably my favourite feature. The most useless if it's an in person game is the Forum, because people are most likely going to prefer to use some sort of chat app instead.

Honestly I reckon make a free page with a couple of things on it and show it to your group. If they actually give a shit then build on it and give it to them to play with. If they use it then that's the hardest part over and you can decide if the extra paid features are worth it. Otherwise you're better off using something else to manage things for yourself (maybe some mobile app but I don't have any suggestions there.)
>>
File: Rain.jpg (96KB, 1050x658px) Image search: [Google]
Rain.jpg
96KB, 1050x658px
I used to really like their podcast; it was a good spread of news and discussion and the hosts had good chemistry.

And then it imploded.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.