[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starfinder General /sfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 34

Starfinder General /sfg/

What house rules are YOU using? For things like free batteries, monster skill DCs, ship DCs, envoys, solarians...

Pastebin (Includes CRB) - https://pastebin.com/6HjrnNZG
Cheatsheet - http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lk2n?Starfinder-Cheat-Sheet
FAQ - http://paizo.com/starfinder/faq
>>
>>54967075
I'm not a numbers guy.

And I'm actually considering sitting down and trying to fix these goddamn spacebattle DCs.

Because it's SO CLOSE TO BEING CORRECT.
>>
What are some cool ways to use portable computers? Are there any rules for turrets other than vague references in the computer section?
>>
>>54967088
See:
>>54965773
>>
File: 1482602219151.jpg (100KB, 900x643px) Image search: [Google]
1482602219151.jpg
100KB, 900x643px
>>54967075
oh come on, OP, ive been posting grreat sci fi art for 4 threads in a row and you fucking made that as the image? fucking hell. next time dont be a faggot.

anyway, do the machines on aballon have a language?
it would be really cool to be able to speak like a telephone modem and write in barcodes in machine language as an android
>>
>>54967075
Please don't use the same anime waifufaggot OP images as /pfg/, fucking please.
>>
>>54967120
I did put Binary as a language down for my roborace.

The idea was that it doesn't use your normal voicebox, it uses your little system speaker, so you could still use it if you were paralyzed, or subject to a silencing thing (Unless it was an area thing, or someone used the silencing thing again to shut up your system speaker)
>>
>>54967125
It's too late, we've invited Discord into our house and now we suffer the consequences.
>>
>>54967142
the very first time i joined a chan discord group i said, "whaddup my niggas" and a transsexual mtf SJW had a total meltdown on me. i concur that discord is fucking cancer
>>
>>54967164
Just as 4chan isn't homogenous, neither is discord.
>>
>>54967075
Building my big house rule document for everything listed. And my race list. And the accompanying setting guide. Also themes.

Scifi feels like a hell of a lot more work than fantasy but any job worth doing is worth doing autistic.
>>
>>54967203
The thing is that most of this shit, mostly around the Engineering area is that the better it is, the better it works.

But the better it is the more COMPLEX it also is, so an engineer who wants to push them further needs to be better at it to be able to do so. The assumption is that this stuff isn't 'standard operating procedure', you're an Engineer, not a dude with a manual.

Sure you'll have to undo all this later, but it should help for now, that limiter's just getting in the way. Oh but it's connected to this too on this model, so... hm.
>>
>>54967075
So before looking deeper into this, how different are the rules from Pathfinder?
>>
>>54967276
Core mechanics are better than Pathfinders in about every way, but it's still very much Pathfinder in space. Space rules themselves are fucked though.
>>
So just looking at Crew Actions.

Captain doesn't need both Demand AND Encourage. One's a 1/battle +4 and the other's a +2.

Does an Engineer really need both Hold it Together and Patch?

>>54967276
They're built on the same foundation, but they have a good number of differences. Caster supremacy seems to be dealt with or at least heavily toned down. In-combat healing is easy and effective. Martials are competent at what they do. 2+int skill ranks has gone the way of the dodo. There's no necessary magic items like cloaks of resistance anymore, and the christmas treeing of magic items is itself gone, you can only have two at once.

Overall, I feel like it's a big improvement. Except for the space combat rules. They suck donkey schlong.
>>
Is this more anime shit?
>>
>>54967331
Nah m8.

We Firefly now.
>>
>>54967290
>>54967296
So it basically has only one downside that can be mitigated? Sounds good to me. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>54967364
In the end, 3.5 was the villain all along.
Who knew.
>>
>>54967376
Pathfinder had a lot of legacy problems from 3.5

And likewise, 3.5 had a LOT of legacy problems from its predecessors. Like, a LOT.

People just kept on KEEPING THINGS without actually questioning if it was a good idea or not.

Wizards clued on, that's why 4 and 5e are so different, and now Paizo has so we've got Starfinder (Even if they're still shonky at making entirely new systems).

I mean why's it called Armor Class anyway? It's not a class it's a value, and isn't just Armor.

Legacy. That's why.
>>
>>54967393
4th edition was a weird fucking thing
Because if you look at what it did, it actually did fix all the problems that had plagued DnD for ages
But people HATED its fixes.

It might be the "New Coke" kinda of deal.
>>
>>54967425
3.5 was the big boy.

People were upset it wasn't what they already had.

Hell that's why Pathfinder was successful, it just pointed at 4e and said 'HEY he's not what you like why don't you come into my van where I've got 3.5 but it's even BETTER! We've got CLASS FEATURES!"
>>
Someone help me figure out how blast works
>Each attack takes a -2 penalty in addition to other penalties, such as the penalty to all attacks during a full attack.
So if I use a scattergun and make a standard attack action, its just at a -2, or does the weapon consider the multi hitting function of the weapon a full attack or can I make full attacks with it?

>A blast weapon doesn't benefit from feats and abilities that increase the damage of a single attack.
Does this mean that shit like deadly aim and weapon spec doesnt work with it? What about spells like energize weapon or the technomancer empower weapon hack?
>>
File: hgg.gif (1MB, 300x172px) Image search: [Google]
hgg.gif
1MB, 300x172px
>>54967357

I can roll with this.
>>
>>54967075
>>54967088

Got two pastebins underway, though I am half asleep and will probably fuck up some of the numbers.

Because for MOST things, fuck tiers.
>>
>>54967646
For basically EVERYTHING fuck tiers.

Offhand, I can't think of anything that'd just run off 'tier'.

Maybe... intimidating an enemy ship? But if you just say 'the enemy level, usually equal to the ship tier', then it still frees you up to have Aces in junkers, or dreadnoughts crewed by slaves.
>>
File: 1411731025683.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1411731025683.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>54967142
Friendly reminder that we have a Starfinder discord here:

https://discord.gg/YAk263j
>>
>>54967438
>ignoring how much 4e players hated PF players

>>54967425
It fixed things by making them so homogenized it was entirely possible to play solo 4e games. Because roleplaying was not even remotely the point of 4e.
>>
>>54967613
-2 an all attacks. So if you have one, -2, if you Full Attack (for, say, 2 attacks) with a -5 normally, you now Full Attack with -7 (for the aforementioned 2 attacks). And no, Deadly Aim won't work, nor will anything else like that (including jiggery pokery spells or fancy feats or class abilities).
>>
Let's use Trials in Tainted Space pcs instead
>>
>>54967075
The rule that specifically says you can't change what systems are powered in ship combat is pants on head retarded.

Depending on the complexity of the fight (How many ships, asteroid field?, solar flares, etc), I'm going to make it between 1-4 successive engineering checks at a penalty instead of saying 'well you were being super careful to run quiet with just your shields and whatever else active, I guess you're stuck in this fight with no weapons lol'
>>
File: Screenshot_7.png (108KB, 490x284px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_7.png
108KB, 490x284px
Unless I'm missing something, a rat can hold ten loaded pistols in his mouth at once.

For when both barrels still isn't enough.
>>
>>54967811
Or a tactical doshko/greataxe.
>>
>>54967678
Friendly reminder that it's a shit 2hucord and the non-autistic discord is here: https://discord.gg/KPKWdyr
>>
File: 1500800709443.jpg (470KB, 1138x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1500800709443.jpg
470KB, 1138x1920px
>>54967828
>2hucord
That makes it even better!
>>
>>54967811
I now have a truly hilarious image in my head. Shit starts going south, and the party suddenly reach into the rat's mouth and pull out pistols like some sort of twisted bag of holding.

What's the bulk of frag grenades? I have an idea.
>>
>>54967833
>What's the bulk of frag grenades?

Same as pistols, so you can hold ten in your mouth at once. You can also vomit them all out as a move action, though unless you have some serious tongue skills they won't be live. But you still have a standard to get creative with.

I'm imaging that pistol gunslinger trope that rapid fires pistols and discards them to pull new ones from his vest instead of reloading. Since you can draw from your mouth as a swift action, it could work. That also means you can draw a grenade, move 30ft, and throw it in one turn too.
>>
>>54967856
Grenades can be hooked up to a remote detonator
>>
>>54967856
>>54967866
Jihad Rat is a go.
>>
The Captain's Order action is stumping me.

Like, you use a computer check to make the scientist do another thing? The hell is this.

Tempted to just ditch it...
>>
>>54967866
Here's what you do.

>Be rat mechanic
>Build drone modded with tool arm (remote detonator) and ridable mount (level 3 min)
>rat cheeks stuffed with ten grenades wired to drone's detonator

Later:
>someone engages you in melee
>use move action to vomit ten grenades
>convert standard to move, ride mount to safe distance
>drone's turn, uses detonator
>10d6 explosion in 15ft radius
>>
>>54967811
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms3QdGIzltU
>>
https://pastebin.com/mNTddcSp
and for ship parts minus redone weapon table because I need fucking sleep
https://pastebin.com/jBf9jKhk

I had very few ideas on what to do for all the classes, but we can't just leave operative/envoy bonus as is and not give anyone else anything.
>>
>>54967990
Alternatively you can load your drone up with grenades (possibly with the cargo rack mod's help) and make it a hover drone with jets for 60ft flight, then use your move action to move it before detonating it yourself. You can rebuild drones for free with 24 hours of work.

This doesn't even have to be your main strategy, it could just be a "book where every page is explosive rune" type stockpile for emergencies. A hover drone, with it's 6 str, can hold up to 30 grenades at once or 50 with cargo rack.
>>
http://paizo.com/products/btpy9u7x?Starfinder-Society-Roleplaying-Guild-Quest-Into-the-Unknown

>mercenaries are CR 1/2 and totally unarmored, have HP 13

>tactical semi-auto pistol sucks, targets KAC, deals only 1d6 damage, pathetic increment 30 feet

>fighting totally unarmored CR 1/2 mercenary
>shoot mercenary with tactical semi-auto pistol

>CRIT!
>MAX DAMAGE CRIT!
>12 damage!

>CR 1/2 mercenary still standing with 1 HP

Why do semi-auto tactical pistols suck so much? Are they 9mm?
>>
>>54967990
Actually I just realized push-button detonators don't require an action to use, so you could just vomit, move, and detonate.

No class requirements at all. Just be a rat with ten grenades and a detonator. And be okay with constantly being a single button press from being obliterated, I guess.
>>
>>54968141
Stamina and HP is an abstraction
Hitting enemy does not mean you shoot them in the head and kill them
>>
Anyone running a starfinder game online?
>>
Is the adventure path available or not? I can't tell based on the paizo website
>>
>>54968063
... Yeah, I think I'm done futzing around with my own too for the moment at least. It's late, and this is the sort of thing to ponder more thoroughly. Considering how garbage and unnecessary some of these abilities are.

Good to see yours is going better than mine at least.
>>
>>54968177
Lotta plot armor for an unarmored hired gun who just took a max damage crit from a semiauto.
>>
>>54968197
It only is silly if you think too much about it
Like, there are lots of "wounding" rules out there that people have made to make the "on my last HP but full power still!" not exist
but those rules tend to just bog down the combat
>>
Can you heal androids with the mending cantrip?
>>
>>54968270
Don't see why not. It targets constructs
>>
>>54967969
yeah it's pretty bad, you can use Captain's Order on a pilot to magically double your starship's speed
>>
>>54968280
By RAW, they are only humanoids when they can benefit from being constructs.
>>
>>54968287
do enemies have resolve? cause if they don't, then the PC's starship will almost always outspeed an enemy ship.

Just keep using Captain's Orders on pilot and double moving.
>>
>>54968290
>For effects targeting creatures by type, androids count as both humans and constructs (whichever effect is worse)
If mending doesn't work, then mystic cure wouldn't either.
>>
>>54968310
By RAW, yes.
>>
>>54968320
I think you're reading it wrong, personally. In my mind, what that means is anything that can target a living creature or construct can work on an android, but if that thing has a WORSE effect on humanoids or constructs, then the worse effect goes off.
>>
>>54968310
Mystic Cure doesn't target by type. Mending does.
>>
>>54968329
That is RAI
>>
>>54967425
>>54967438

A lot of it it is that 4e looked a lot more samey than it really was. A Paladin, Swordmage and Fighter all for example play very differently despite all being defenders but the (Very good for readability) formatting made people think that stuff was the same. So it was very easy to go 'This is familiar AND since it's formatted differently, stuff feels really different'. Even though 3.5 had two of the most boringly similar classes ever in the Wizard and the Sorcerer (Same spell list, same class features, only slightly different spellcasting).

That and the OGL that led to Pathfinder. Wizards sorta created their own downfall with that one.
>>
>>54968330
>Mystic Cure doesn't target by type
Yes it does. Living creature. Constructs don't count as a living creature.
>>
>>54968280
>>54968290
>>54968310
It says "one object of up to 1 bulk" on the target section. Does this mean that the affected area has to be 1 bulk worth? So if your android buddy damages his arm then if would work. But something tells me that the bulk cap refers to total size and not just the affected area.
>>
>>54968338
LIVING AS IN NOT DEAD OR LIVING AS IN CARBON BASED LIFEFORM?!
>>
>>54968355
To be honest I'd missed the size restriction.
Mending wouldn't work for that reason
>>
>>54968338
Constructs are also alive by RAW - they are a creature. That's why they can exist functionally in Antimagic Fields.
>>
>>54968338
Could you show me the quote of that please. I have sincere doubts.
>>
Paizo made Animate Dead no longer an evil spell.

Every single undead (including Eoxians) in First Contact, Into the Unknown, and Dead Suns 1, whether or not they belong to Eox's "rogue" Corpse Fleet, is evil.

What was the point of making Animate Dead no longer evil if every last undead was going to be evil anyway?
>>
>>54968384
>Some effects restrict which targets can be selected. If an effect targets living creatures, it affects all creatures other than constructs and undead
Page 272
>>
kek'd. So RAW mystic cure doesn't work on androids. My android player is gonna flip when I tell him he can't heal himself tomorrow.

Would healing serums still work? I feel like it wouldn't.
>>
>>54968397
They trimmed a lot of shit from spells, probably just didnt want to deal with the whole necromancy morality debate.
>>
File: chrome_2017-08-20_15-36-44.png (81KB, 1494x316px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-08-20_15-36-44.png
81KB, 1494x316px
>>54968397
>>
>>54968397
it's the PCs' job to create good undead, it's like a hidden questline in the books

which I think is pretty smart of paizo to slip in there
>>
>>54968397
Because now you can have good necromancers who just want to help people by making undead.

It's because Eox.
>>
>>54968409
Does Mystic Cure state it only effects living creatures? Because Cure spells used to used to harm undead. I ask because all too often munchkins will point out a clause in the rules that supports the argument while ignoring the facts (for instance, claiming monks do not have proficiency in unarmed attacks).
>>
>>54968410
No, because that's not how the Constructed trait works. Anything that targets living creatures or constructs will work on them
But if it does something worse to a living creature or a construct, then the worse thing happens. Like Entropic Grasp for instance. They'd be hit by the 6d12 damage, rather than have their gear wrecked.
>>
>>54968431
<3 James Sutter is great. REAL fans of Starfinder could appreciate that he's the creative director of the starfinder team.
>>
>>54968465
>MYSTIC CURE
>School conjuration (healing)
>Casting Time 1 standard action
>Range touch
>Targets one living creature
>>
>>54968473
This.

>Constructed: For the purposes of effects targeting creatures by type (such as a ranger’s favored enemy and bane weapons), androids count as both humanoids and constructs.
>>
>>54968338
>What separates androids from golems and other mindless constructs is that androids are living beings and as such possess souls.
>>
>>54968534
Yes, hence anything that can target a living creature can target them. What's your point?
You can still use Make Whole on them as well
>>
>>54968484
"Living Creature" isn't a type, anon. Construct is a type. Undead is a type. Aberration is a type.

You're factually wrong.
>>
>>54968569
Living creature is an umbrella term. It refers to all types that aren't constructs or undead.
I'm honestly not sure what point you're trying to make here
>>
>>54968534
>>54968519
>>54968473

you can also target a construct w/ mystic cure, it just wouldn't heal its hitpoint which would be the worst effect

RAW, make whole and mending wouldn't work either
>>
>>54968603
>you can also target a construct w/ mystic cure
You literally can't. You can only target living creatures with mystic cure.
>>
>>54968588
That the spell does not target a type.
>>
>>54968615
Indeed. It targets a whole slew of types, but constructs are not one of them
>>
>>54968603
Except androids are specifically LIVING CREATURES by RAW. The interpretation being used is incorrect because androids area valid target of Mystic Cure because they are living creatures, regardless of the types.
>>
>>54968614
you can for androids, but it wouldn't restore hitpoints because they'd count as constructs after the trait

>worst effect
>>
>>54968625

Mind you, Androids are expressly called out as living. So while they ARE constructs they are living and thus mystic cure works on them.
>>
>>54968626
And by RAW you can also target them with Make Whole
>>54968632
Jesus christ you're fucking retarded. That is not how that trait works at all
>>
>>54968625
Androids are living creatures though. Regardless of the type, they are still a living creature. Unless you decide they are in fact not alive anymore, which is essentially ignoring RAW.

I realize you people like making Paizo wrong, but this is a case of the autists being stupid again.
>>
>>54968637
No shit, that's what I'm saying. My argument here is that both Mystic Cure and Make Whole both work on androids

I'm simply pointing out that if you arbitrarily decide that one doesn't work, then the other can't work as well by the same logic
>>
i think there's a RAW interpretation to this "androids can't be healed at all"

and the RAI which you folks are assuming that they are healed just like everyone else

i have no dog in this race, pick whatever works for your games
>>
>>54967811

They don't all fit in a single cubic foot of space.
>>
>>54968640
except it doesn't, agree to disagree

you sound like you're getting mad, try to keep your autism from flaring my man
>>
>>54968671
You've never seen a compact 9mm, have you?
>>
>>54968714
>except it doesn't
How exactly does RAW state you can't target an android with make whole?
>>
File: 1267904037568.jpg (249KB, 1000x912px) Image search: [Google]
1267904037568.jpg
249KB, 1000x912px
>>54968671
>>54968720
You know, don't answer that. Just look at this picture and tell me how big a space you think the shelf with the pistols happens to be.
>>
>>54967075
OK, so I've just started reading this thing and my first instinct is to play a character who would probably break the setting and any party he were put into.

Have you read Eclipse Phase? Hard sci-fi rather than space fantasy, and with that comes some new ideas about how society could look in the future. One of those is the lifelogger, people who constantly broadcast everything they do onto whatever social networks are available to them where they are. (Be honest, if you heard a C-list celebrity was going to start doing that today, you wouldn't be surprised.) I saw the Icon focus and thought "yes, this is what a lifelogger would be in this system".

If I brought that to your table, would it screw your game? A character who is constantly broadcasting their life openly could seriously change the way criminals, fugitives and other classic backstories work in the group. He'd be like a Paladin, but without needing to be judgemental about it; he'd automatically be reporting everything he sees you do, just as part of the performance. Would you welcome that sort of concept, or just tell me to pick something else?
>>
>>54967075
Am I reading this wrong, or do racial modifiers to abilities not matter in this system? Everyone gets a net +2, higher stats don't cost more, and your maximum is 18 regardless of whether you have a bonus or a penalty.

Honestly, I like that. Deals with the classic DnD issue where you never see a thief-type PC from a race that doesn't have a bonus to Dexterity.
>>
>>54968931
You're reading it right, yeah.
>>
>>54968931
>honestly, I like that. Deals with the classic reality issue where you never see a professional basketball player who's 4' 11"
Made me think.
>>
>>54968876
>people who constantly broadcast everything they do onto whatever social networks are available to them where they are. (Be honest, if you heard a C-list celebrity was going to start doing that today, you wouldn't be surprised.)

Please, we already have guys doing that on YouTube.
>>
>>54968956
Mugsy was only 5'3, which isn't far off 4'11
>>
>>54968876
You can already do this in real life.
>>
File: 1489541467042.jpg (203KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1489541467042.jpg
203KB, 1200x1200px
>>54968876
https://www.newscientist.com/round-up/lifelogging/

Well okay.
>>
>>54968956
Muggsy Bogues (5 ft 3 in)
Earl Boykins (5 ft 5 in)
Spud Webb (5 ft 7 in)
Nate Robinson (5 ft 9 in)
Isaiah Thomas (5 ft 9 in)

Webb and Robinson have both been crowned as NBA slam dunk contest champions. Robinson is the only 3-time winner.
>>
>>54968985
>>54969015
I'm sure there's Dwarven Wizards and Elven Clerics too, hell they even exist in the lore; people just don't like playing them, in the same way people playing a basketball game don't tend to play manlets.
>>
File: ruby-rhod.png (930KB, 1128x541px) Image search: [Google]
ruby-rhod.png
930KB, 1128x541px
>>54969002
>>54968994
>>54968968
Sure, but would you let someone do that in your game? I mean, jokes, no one in this thread is playing Starfinder, but pretending for a moment that we weren't on /tg/, would you let someone play that character? How many people want to play grim, tortured fugitives that wouldn't work if they were standing next to Ruby Fucking Rhod? Not just a celebrity, but a celebrity who is currently broadcasting what they are doing while standing next to you and isn't going to stop.
>>
>>54969061
I don't play with fucking faggots who can only play the brooding asshole archetype.
I'd have no issues with someone doing this. Though it would be a pain in the ass, because they'd constantly be under attack from any enemies they made along the way
>>
>>54969055
But you can in this game, and it's great. Makes me wonder why they have the stats in there in the first place. Feels a bit like a Diet Ivory Tower; you get to have the fun of realising that there AREN'T bad choices when it comes to races and stats.
>>
>>54969087
>that there AREN'T bad choices when it comes to races
Well I mean, you still probably wouldn't play a gnome character who focuses on strength based weapons
>>
>>54969087
Fluff needs crunch to feel meaningful
Strong race needs reason why it is strong.
>>
>>54969087
If you don't want stats then what the fuck are you playing a d20 game for? I can understand the appeal behind roleplaying but if every race ends up the same then why the fuck do races exist?

>>54969061
There's way more shit you invalidate than 'grim tortured fugitives', including any and all covert operations or any operation that requires secrecy of any sort. Raiding the pirate base? Too bad, the secretary was a casual watcher of yours and told the boss about you coming to raid their shit.
>>
File: il_340x270.1146290525_8r8p.jpg (30KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
il_340x270.1146290525_8r8p.jpg
30KB, 340x270px
>>54969081
Pleased to have your approval.

And yes, it'd be a drama machine. But it'd also be useful, at least potentially. You can answer "how do I know you're not lying?" with "have you seen my subscriber count?".

Also, Bruce Willis' character in that is fantastic when juxtaposed against Ruby, so there's room for a character to both hog the spotlight and create spotlight for other characters. AND he's on a secret mission that he keeps secret for long enough to not screw it up, despite standing next to the guy with a radio mast for a swaggerstick.
>>
>>54969061
The lifelogger is clearly our distraction, keeps people focused on them while the rest of us handle the mission out of sight. And hey, with a little work I'm sure they can become an alibi too. "See, we're clearly at that other place having dinner in the background of their video feed. So while we were near the break-in, it wasn't us." Even if it was just some editing/stand-ins/holograms.
>>
File: Capture.png (289KB, 1030x600px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
289KB, 1030x600px
>>54967075
r8 my character backstory anons
campaign is about former prisoners who were sold to an investor to do dangerous missions
>>
>>54967678
Your reminder that nothing good ever came out of a discord and you're a faggot for posting that here, keep that cancer in /pgg/
>>
>>54969119
>Too bad, the secretary was a casual watcher of yours and told the boss about you coming to raid their shit.
That sounds like an opportunity, not a liability. Bard hard, my friends, Bard hard.
>>
>>54969300
She's a "casual watcher", not "your biggest fan". Also, since anyone can tune in, that includes the Evil Empire, who is entirely unmoved by your shitty blogging. You're a lifelogger, not someone producing anything of value.
>>
>>54969365
so basically, he wants to play not 'The Bard' but "pewdipie"
>>
>>54969402
That's exactly what he's trying to play, he's a shitty blogger saying nothing of note except a droll and live retelling his own life. A bard tells great tales of his exploits and the exploits of those he has seen, or simply retells tales everyone already knows but with greater charisma. He works to make the story enjoyable. A lifelogger simply spews out shit in raw format like a kernel's plaintext log.
It's the difference between The Odyssey and Odysseus' poorly written diary.
>>
>>54967075
We need Space Kitsune now
>>
Holy fuck the dying rules are totally garbage.
>>
>>54969486
You technically can with androids. A lot of them are built on model to human specs, but there's flavor text that other variants are 'rare and generally unseen'
>>
Redpill me on the Themes beside Icon, because I've never heard anyone speak of the others!
>>
>>54969555
why
>>
>>54967811
>>54967990

And here I was completely and utterly prepared to more or less ignore cheek pouches as a mechanic for my space rat.

What a fool I was.
>>
>>54969615
Priest of Abadar makes the entire Abadarcorp helpful towards you.
>>
>>54969813
And the Outlaw? The Starfarer?
>>
>Pal lend me his copy of Starfinder.
>Check the setting first.
>The Gap.
>The creative time is incapable of develop the universe's past in a setting which has been around since the motherfucking late 20s of the 20th century.
>Harlan Ellison warned us about this.
>You didn't listen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUTxbmrr1VQ&index=57&list=PLn5mSh00tKGGwiZ0CsZvWAzA0M2xQn8jA
>>
>>54970042
>The creative time is incapable of develop the universe's past in a setting which has been around since the motherfucking late 20s of the 20th century.

>The creative time is incapable of develop the universe's past

Are you OK, anon?
>>
>>54970042
Liberals are incapable of thinking up fresh ideas that don't masturbate their beliefs.
>>
File: myeyesbleed.jpg (33KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
myeyesbleed.jpg
33KB, 450x337px
>>54970064
No, I am not.
I am 42 miles away of being okay.
My rage is such that I may had brain damaged myself in the prefrontal lobe impairing my communication skills.
If the best thing the creative team can come with for not develop the setting's background is "there was a glitch in the Matrix" and people buy it then is fucking over or rather is official, people will chug down any bullshit being loaded straight into their mouth that doesn't let them think and be numbed.
Science-fiction wasn't never about being fucking mind numbed
>>
So uh, regarding Starfinder, is there any way to functionally make Sniper Rifles work on an Operative?

As in, not completely suboptimal in every regard.
>>
>>54968735
Not him, but the original point was about rat being able to carry 2 guns in its mouth
Which is retarded no matter what.

Also, by regulations of my country that's a fuckload of inproperly stored firearms and ammunition, which would cost someone not only gorillion in fines, but also perma-revoke of firearm permit.
>>
>>54970316
Sniper rifles are a specialized tool, not a lifestyle choice
>>
>>54970340
Except you train yourself for an extended amount of time for that role, to use that specialized tool.

Hence, it technically is a lifestyle choice.
>>
>>54970358
fine, player's lifestyle choice
>>
>>54970340
I genuinely don't give a shit if you want to spew excuses, I just want an answer if it can be done or not.
>>
>>54970322
>Which is retarded no matter what.
The rat's mouth is pretty big, so it's actually not retarded at all as long as you have safeties on.

>my country
Who the fuck gives a singular shit about yor country?
>>
>>54970372
You already know the fucking answer you cunt.
There is no secret splat book out there that is going to change things.
>>
>>54970121
You fucking retard.
You don't even know what "left, right, liberal, conservative" and all those other words mean beyond how you're supposed to regurgitate two of them the way that 'supplement' seller alex jones told you do you.

Fucking Christ, Paizo isn't Liberal at all. There's nothing liberal OR conservative about paizo in the least.

>favorable to progress or reform in political or religious affairs
>favorable to or in accordance with concepts of maximal individual freedom especially as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties

Does that sound like Paizo to you? Does shutting down dissent sound liberal? Does placing a chosen protected class above the rights and freedoms of others sound liberal to you? Does assaulting someone's freedom as an individual on the basis that they don't want to pretend someone else's delusional claims of fictitious identities contrary to their biology sound like liberalism to you?

For that matter they're not much in the way of conservatives either, even if they seem to insist on keeping *some* old traditions like making sure that crossbows suck.

They're authoritarians, whose chosen 'unaccountable' group above the law happens to basically be professional victims who spend their days decrying anything that doesn't kowtow to them as "oppressing" and "attacking" them; basically the typical fantasy rich-little-pussy-prince but without the actual armed guards to physically beat anyone who doesn't immediately give them their way (at least for now)
>>
What sort of jobs would be available on Akiton? It seems kind of... Dead, as a world.
>>
File: miss the point.jpg (6KB, 235x206px) Image search: [Google]
miss the point.jpg
6KB, 235x206px
>>54970383
Entire adult rat is about the size of a handgun, you stupid shit. Go figure how its mouth scales with it.
>>
>>54969237
Looks like it should work. What class is he? And is he angry about his life, or going with cold robot logic about justice?
>>
>>54967075
Wait, you need a full uninterrupted minute for Drift Engines to work while sitting still? So there's no dramatic space battle before jumping into the Drift to escape?
>>
>>54970042
I have no idea what the hell your beef is.
>>
>>54970408
>Entire adult rat is about the size of a handgun
>Ysoki are 3-4 ft tall
>Handguns are about 3-4 ft long
Holy shit
>>
>>54970316

Nah, not at all. There isn't really a class right now that makes them work.
>>
>>54970470
All I saw was that you had to have your conventional thrusters turned off for a full minute before activating Drift Engines.
Getting into a fight seems allowed, but you're forced to stay in one spot for at most a full minute before you can bail.
>>
>>54970408
>Entire adult rat is about the size of a handgun, you stupid shit
A Ysoki isn't a fucking literal lab rat you imbecile
>>
File: CyeNOkhXcAAuB8b.jpg (321KB, 1119x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CyeNOkhXcAAuB8b.jpg
321KB, 1119x1200px
>>54967075
I CANT THINK OF A NAME FOR MY ANDROID AND HIS ROBOT!!!! HELP!

>>54970399
>They're authoritarians, whose chosen 'unaccountable' group above the law happens to basically be professional victims who spend their days decrying anything that doesn't kowtow to them as "oppressing" and "attacking" them; basically the typical fantasy rich-little-pussy-prince but without the actual armed guards to physically beat anyone who doesn't immediately give them their way (at least for now)
this anon is correct. SJWs are not liberals. liberals follow the enlightenment, and all of western civilization is built upon that philisophical foundation. SJWS follow the counter enlightenment, specifically, postmdoernism, and they hate everything about the enlightenment and therefore everything about western civilization. that is why they are so eager to remove its history, and have so much contempt for its laws.

source: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/7705.html
>>
>>54970549
Alright, cheers for the straightforward answer.
>>
>>54970565
post the 4th one too
>>
>>54970554
Yeah but then you can't fucking move, so they could sit behind you away from your guns and kill you.

I guess you have to just kill everything before leaving the local space.
>>
>>54970565
Eiffel 65 and his robot Blue-Dai.
>>
>>54970316
What's wrong with them other than not being able to be fired multiple times in a round?
>>
>>54970587
You can shoot in any direction as long as you have guns covering all directions (which you should)
>>
>>54970600
Not a single class actually adds any damage to them, which pretty much stops them from being viable the second you have more than one attack with any other weapon.
>>
>>54970554
>>54970587
I actually don't see anything that explicitly says you need thrusters to move; Sky Jockey gets you +1 speed as a pilot, so you don't need to waste any PCU on those thrusters if you're willing to inch along! And if you really want to bend reason, you can divert power to the engines (that you're not using) to get +2 speed. 3 speed without any running thrusters!

Not that it matters. The Drift Engine section says you have to be stationary with thrusters off, not just thrusters off. No movement allowed.
>>
>>54970642
It still has its range
>>
>>54970705
In my entirety of 15 years in roleplaying, I don't think I've ever come across a scenario where 500 feet range was advantageous or even useful.

Secondly, that 500 feet range won't do anything at higher levels when you can barely dent someone with a shot.
>>
Hey guys I need some help finding an item that I swear I read about somewhere. All I remember is that they're a feet slot item and they let you shift your relative gravity. So if you had a foot on a wall when you activated them you could then walk on the wall and be treated as if the wall was "down". But if you got tripped you would fall down as in normal gravity. Anyone know what I'm talking about or am I losing my mind?
>>
>>54970642
>Not a single class actually adds any damage to them
Soldier seems to be the only one capable at first glance.
>>
>>54970790
Except it can't because all of the additive damage effects are during full attack, which a sniper rifle cannot do.
>>
>>54970579

The issue with them right now is that there isn't any class that both:

A) Can use them (Operative specifically can't use them)
B) Gets a good use out of standard action attacks (To let you use snipe)

The main combatants (Soldier, Operative, Solarian) all want to make full attacks or use special, non-standard action single attacks.

Even the range for them has issues as unless you take the move action to aim they are even outclassed there by longarms. In Shadowrun for example, this would be ok as you can buy a damn barrel of sniper rifles for a decent price if you want and they'll work fine. Starfinder really wants you to be putting a large portion of your wealth by level into making your weapon good as most of your damage bonus comes from the weapon itself.

>High Cost
>Mediocre Damage
>No class works with it great.

If it didn't have any one of those three issues you could likely find a place for it but the combination doesn't line up well.
>>
>>54970742
Look at it from the other way around.
Sniper rifles shooting at the party from 500 feet is totally different thing.
They also made them do weaker damage to avoid players dying to it.
>>
File: ph613qn.png (310KB, 233x739px) Image search: [Google]
ph613qn.png
310KB, 233x739px
>>54970565
>>
>>54970853
Again, in my 15 years of RP, I can probably count on one hand the times where we've actually been in a 500 feet large open area.
Most battles are designed around the fact that some people actually want to play melee characters aswell.

Also, >>54970838 answers most of why sniper rifles are just garbage.
>>
>>54970910
Enemies can attack outside of the battle map
>>
>>54970921
A bit hard when you're inside a building or a cave most of the time.
Unless they can shoot through walls.

Again, I don't think it's a good idea to make excuses as to why sniper rifles SHOULD be shit. It's just one less options for players which is never fun.
>>
>>54970995
"But it would be so much fun" is also an excuse.
>>
>>54971009

Then why should sniper rifles be shit?
>>
>>54970910

It's kinda funny. Missile launchers have too little range to actually shoot down an aircraft and the 'artillery' lasers have equally pitiful range.
>>
>>54971014
I already said.
>>
>>54970823
Soldiers get the Bullet Barrage gear boost that adds a flat damage bonus to any projectile weapon, plus the arcane assailant fighting style lets them make weapons considered magic for bypassing DR and hitting incorporeal creatures.
Plus they can add "fusions" like flaming, shock, and merciful.

Also I looked through Operatives again, they get an Operative Exploit specifically to allow them to make trick shots with sniper rifles and apply debilitating tricks with them.
>>
>sniper rifles and melee don't mix 100% perfectly

Letting operative trick damage apply would be nice. But IMO not everything needs to revolve around the PCs in a well-rounded setting. A military might want some, low-level NPCs overwatching a space drow arms deal might want some...
>>
>>54971032

To make them a purely NPC only weapon?
>>
>>54970766
Falcon Boots. They're in Dead Suns.
>>
>>54971038
>Also I looked through Operatives again, they get an Operative Exploit specifically to allow them to make trick shots with sniper rifles and apply debilitating tricks with them.

Note: They can't use Snipe if they do that. As it's a full round action to do trick shots. So you use the low sniper rifle range rather than the higher one.
>>
>>54971046
Or plot point.
"Snipe this VIP that basically has 1 HP" is another
Niche tool for certain scenarios, but not a weapon for general combat scenarios
>>
>>54971049
Ah! I knew I saw it somewhere. Thanks Anon!
>>
>>54971042

Low level NPCs with sniper rifles will be a kinda joke. As they can't hit PCs worth a damn (Due to AC actually scaling) and will do pitiful damage if they do.

>>54971063

But...why? Why not make them actually a generally applicable weapon? Like if some longarms had autofire and some had snipe, they'd both be useful without either outclassing the other one.
>>
>>54971030
Ten internets says their train of thought was
"But it's just 10 squares that way, see?"
>>
>>54971063
>I don't like people having choices so I want to restrict an ENTIRE CLASS OF WEAPONS to NPC's and make them useless in actual combat.

I'm not even trying to be offensive right now but why do people like you exist?
I just want to have fun and play a character I enjoy and you're literally just going "nope, I want to shit on everything you enjoy just because."
>>
>>54971076
Because then the longarm would suck in general use unless you make some retarded rule where snipe mode makes it less powerful
>>
>>54971096

No? The issue with them isn't that snipe sucks that they are unwieldy and have snipe so you can't use them in a normal situation with basically any of the combat classes.
>>
>>54971124
They clearly don't want full attacks coming from 1000 feet away no matter what.
>>
>>54971168

Even without unwieldy, they couldn't do full attacks from that range. Snipe takes a move action.

Unwieldy basically just says 'You can't fire this weapon more than once even if you are NOT sniping' for sniper rifles.
>>
>>54971090
Rule heavy systems like these never exist to allow everyone to do all the concepts they might want to do.
>>
>>54971055
>They can't use Snipe if they do that. As it's a full round action to do trick shots. So you use the low sniper rifle range rather than the higher one.
Ah well, at least they can still function.
At that point though it's so close to being legal in the game rules I'd just house rule that as long as you don't use the movement part of the trick shot action, you can use it to aim instead.
Seems kinda silly that they include an optional movement as part of the trick shot but still call the whole thing one full round action.
Just say you can't make a full attack while performing it or something.
>>
>>54971193
.. And you should be happy that an entire class of weapons are relegated to NPC's?
What?
Are you autistic?
>>
>>54971224
I don't get what is so hard to understand.
They do not want you to be as deadly far away as you can be close by.
it is not a hard concept
>>
>>54971193

And yet there are plenty of modern/sci-fi RPGs that allow sniper rifles and melee both.
>>
>>54971242

But you still are not. Melee weapons do more damage than ranged weapons and even without unweildy, sniper rifles wouldn'
>>
>>54971257
Close by as in longarm range.
Not hundreds of feet away.
And if you are at longarm range, you use a longarm.
Sniper rifle is not going to replace it.
Change your expectations.
>>
>>54971243
Yeah things are done differently in different systems.
I don't think any of them let sniper rifles shoot full auto either tho
>>
>>54971242
Ah yes, because that surely makes a modicum of difference when you can still be a long ass away and do a ridiculously higher damage with just long rifles.

Your entire premise and logic behind this is flawed and unreasonable.
>>
>>54971270
>And if you are at longarm range, you use a longarm.

That doesn't remotely work with Pathfinders wealth by level. As you need to keep buying the most expensive thing to have your weapon keep up. You can't afford to keep about extra weapons for 'Just in case a 1/100 chance happens'
>>
>>54971298

No, there are plenty that do. Because they understand that all that extra range will almost never matter, as most battles occur a lot closer than that.
>>
>>54971354
Then you rely on your friends.
Or use a shittier cheaper gun.
What are you expecting, that each gun type is a style choice? That you are choosing a gun type as a flavor choice to your character?
Why are you playing Starfinder to do that?
>>
>>54971377
>What are you expecting, that each gun type is a style choice? That you are choosing a gun type as a flavor choice to your character?

Generally, yes. That each weapon choice is equally useful, that's called good game design.
>>
>>54971405
Crunch heavy rulesets never put the player first.
You really should go play GURPS or something.
>>
>>54971076
No, you idiot. You get the level 1NPCs to use covering fire to give +2ac to all your dudes so the PCs find it harder to hit.
>>
>>54971428

>Crunch heavy rulesets never put the player first
>You should go play GURPS

Pretty sure GURPS IS a crunch heavy ruleset.
>>
>>54970042
There are too many IRL who have trouble accepting recorded history as recent as 20 years prior. The setting has 300 years of recorded history, and we can see the consequences of events that occurred during the Gap in the form of population placement, established nation-states, and similar.

You would be raging over any history they wrote regardless, so why should they bother? Its not like the date will ever change in game materials anyway.
>>
>>54971428
>implying there are no strictly inferior weapons in GURPS
>>
>>54971443
Maybe, but you get to choose easily what rules you want and what you don't want.
>>
>>54971443
Not him, but GURPS has the advantage of being SO crunch-heavy with no theoretical limit on what you can do that you can do pretty much everything. Even the build points you get are up to the DM.
>>
>>54971441

So sniper rifles purely exist to allow people to do something they could do just as easily with a laser pistol?
>>
File: Megalodon mech.jpg (89KB, 640x452px) Image search: [Google]
Megalodon mech.jpg
89KB, 640x452px
Anyone got Mech-builds in this game yet?
>>
>>54971501
Mechs are currently unavailable. Power armor exists, but anything larger is going to be included in a supplement (probably one of the first.)
>>
>>54970678
>The Drift Engine section says you have to be stationary with thrusters off, not just thrusters off. No movement allowed.
Relative to what? Everything is always moving.
>>
>>54971543
Relative to the hex map, presumably, since everything about starships is abstract and variably scaled. Don't you love it?
>>
>Autoloaders let you reload a weapon on power armor as a move action
Was it supposed to be a swift action or something? Nothing says you can't reload a weapon.
>>
Are there any character sheets for Starfinder yet?
>>
>>54971598
Clearly autoloaders are the only way to reload weapons in a power armor, because shut up.
>>
>>54967164
>I'll things that didn't happen, or you exaggerated to try to make it into a half-interesting story, for $200, Alex
>>
Lashunta or Human.
>>
File: Lizardmen.png (1MB, 1024x689px) Image search: [Google]
Lizardmen.png
1MB, 1024x689px
>>54971774
Vesk
>>
>>54971625
Character Folio released with the CRB. Got a page for just about anything
>>
>>54971774
>>54971832
Vesk or Shirren. Mammals have had their chance at dominance.
>>
>>54971625
Yes. There is even a google-spreadsheet :)
>>
>>54971868
>>54971832
What about Androids?
>>
>>54967164
I went outside and someone scowled at me. I can verify that the entire outside world is terrible.
>>
>>54971859
CRB?
>>
>>54971487
Yes, but from a range that they absolutely won't take return fire at.
>>
>>54972027
sniper rifles are terror weapons after all
>>
>>54972017
Core
Rule
Book
>>
>>54972074
Oh thanks. I thought I looked everywhere for it.
>>
>>54971405
It's also unrealistic.

RL, weapons are balanced by different uses, not equal power levels. Spies don't conceal a machinegun in their pants at a formal ball, and soldiers don't carry pistols to shoot at people 200 meters away.
>>
>>54971405
>that's called good game design
Being equally useful is not the same as being equally powerful, and expecting things to be equally useful is imbecilic to begin with. There are going to be such thing as inferior weapons, and that's part of the game; there is absolutely no reason a rifle should be inferior to a handgun at long range and there's no reason an SMG should do as much damage as a shotgun at close range; an HMG is going to outshoot just about fucking everything, but it's going to be hell to lug around and is likely to be a logistical nightmare to set up.
>>
>>54972137
>RL, weapons are balanced by different uses, not equal power levels.

Real life pistols don't cost as much as a dozen houses to buy. Starfinder doesn't have the economy set up to do 'Use whatever is useful right now'. It's economy basically forces each person to specialise in a weapon.
>>
>>54971859
>>54972085
The Folio isn't part of the CRB. It was released at the same time.
>>
>>54972257
Real life pistols don't have the ability to blast a house apart either.
>>
>>54972343

Honestly, they really don't. Doing damage to environmental stuff isn't really something you can do for the longest time. Hardness 15 and 540 HP for concrete and even Hardness 8 and 70 HP for plastic for a single 10ft piece of wall. You'll be barely scraping a few HP off plastic for quite a while and shooting through concrete (Something most starfinder buildings are made of) is a long process for even the heaviest of weapons.
>>
>>54972343

Most STARSHIP weapons can't put a hole in stone or tougher environmentally in Starfinder in one shot. 1d8x10 is going to take a few turns of fire to burn through a modern building wall.
>>
>>54968141
It would have killed him if you were a Solarian.
>>
File: 525037.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
525037.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>54971774
Android, all the way.
>>
>>54972657
Android Solarian?

( ¬‿¬)
>>
>Preparing campaign
>All my minis are fantasy
>My ambience playlist is all fantasy
>My art folder is all fantasy
I could fix problem, or I could run adventures in Space-Camelot.
>>
Starfinder armor sucks
>>
>>54970316
Sure, you need to take Weapon Focus and Far Shot. Then you take Debilitating Sniper at level 6. Grab whatever debuffing you want, but you're set.
If you want to be a sniper, highly recommend Halfling, as you get +2 racial bonus to stealth and only take a -10 penalty to the stealth check you make while Sniping. If you are doing it from far away, you'll be "Unseen" by the subject at the start, so you basically have a +12 to your stealth check to Snipe.

Barricade is a potentially useful feat, as if you have the time to get your sniper perch set up, barricade will let you make cover for yourself, so even if you fail a stealth check to restealth and become "Observed", you can use the cover to let yourself restealth next round, and you have bonus AC for the brief time you're vulnerable.

That's all you really need, the rest is about proper positioning. Remember that the sniper rifles have 10 range increments, so you can be giving supporting fire for your team from half a mile to 2 miles away, hence why Far Shot is still useful.

I think Mechanic may be the best for a dedicated sniper, though, assuming you can get the proficiency and specialization(1 level of Sharpshooter Soldier). Reason being that you can send your drone along with the party, give it and control it up to 2500ft away at level 1, which is incidentally the same max distance as you can snipe from the 10th range increment of the lvl 2 sniper rifle. Give the Camera/Enhanced Sensors upgrades to the robot, have it max perception and stealth with the stealth chassis, and just use it as a spotter for you. Add a gun on it later and if you don't have a good angle to snipe from, then just control the drone while you reposition. If you end up in a fight at a closer range than the Sniper function, you can just shoot as a standard and spend your move action to Master Control your drown. Far Shot is nice here, too, as it lets you shoot 140-160ft away with a -1 penalty.
>>
File: 7c991090.jpg (239KB, 1279x656px) Image search: [Google]
7c991090.jpg
239KB, 1279x656px
Hi /sfg/
How long or big is a Hex in space? I know that a square represents 5ft, so how big is the Hex for Starships?

Thanks.
>>
Dice+1d20
>>
>>54972478
Actually shouldn't that be x100 since buildings are personal scale materials?
>>
>>54973056
It's abstract. Hexes are however big the DM says they are for that combat.
>>
>>54973056
If it's somewhere I haven't found it yet
>>
>>54972972
why
>>
>>54973122
>>54973123
Alright thanks, I think I will use something that is roughly equivalent to the speeds show in X3.
>>
>>54972933
Do both
>>
>>54973101

That was with the x10. Though I'll admit I DID pick the smallest ship gun there.

So let's go with something a bit better for blowing stuff up. A Tactical Nuclear Missile Launcher.

It will deal on average 220 damage after the x10. So it will take 3 NUKES to break a concrete wall down enough to allow people to pass through on average.
>>
>>54973238
So it shoots fallout mininukes?
>>
>>54973213
Be very careful about even considering more explicit figures. With everything neatly tucked away behind size categories like "tiny" and "colossal," it's easy to forget just how much the scale can differ. A tiny ship might be 60 feet long at most. A colossal ship is nearly three miles long at the low end... and it's still limited to just four weapon mounts per firing arc.

If you start pinning this down, you run into even more bullshit than the starship section already has, and that's without even touching the damage values of capital-ship "killing" weapons like >>54973238 is talking about.
>>
>>54973238
Yeah that's gonna be a lot more AoE when I'm done with those pastebins...
Well right now I had a light TL as a 15ft explosion but I was too fucking sleepy to be doing math.
>>
>>54973238
Aren't there any rules for AoEs against barriers? They can't possibly have written a system with rocket launchers and ship guns and forgotten about dynamic entries and fun-breaches
>>
>>54973269

It gets better if you use the Heavy Nuclear Missile Launcher. 440 damage per shot means you can bring that wall down in 2 nukes.

It's not until you get to the Nuclear Megamissile Launcher, a weapon so large it can only be mounted on static slots on capital ships that you can actually take down a concrete wall in a single hit. 2200 Damage is enough to take down a concrete wall (And then some) BUT it will fail to blow up a Research Station wall (Which is hardness 35 and 2400 HP)

So it takes 2 Nuclear Megamissiles to bring down a 10ft section of wall to break into a Research Station.

>>54973325

Not right now, no. They basically have no rules for such interactions other than 'I dunno, 10x damage if you shoot a person with it'
>>
>>54973360
in the same paragraph that says you also can't shoot them with it, no less.
>>
>>54973288
>you run into even more bullshit than the starship section already has
Which is why I'm adapting Starfinder's system to my own. I'm sure it will be fairly crunchy, but I would prefer my own crunchiness that I can fine tune.

If a C6's thruster speed is 6 and
If the fastest on average that an M1 class can move is 85 m/s
Then each Hex is roughly 14 meters. I would assume that the Speed in Starfinder is not the top so we could say each hex here is 10 meters or is there something failing in my math, which there probably is as I suck at math.

If we try to compare smaller/faster then the fastest speed in Starfinder is 14 Hexes
The fastest speed in X3:TC for the M5 scouts on average (excluding nonbuyable) is around 400m/s
This would mean that using that calculation is 28 meters.

I think using this horribly rough math I could say each hex is 20 meters. The fastest a ship can go is 280 m/s which doesn't sound right at all.
>>
>>54973573
Yeah, if you want to pin them down to a specific scale, you need to just completely rewrite huge chunks of those two chapters, if not all of them. And if you make the hexes that small, anything but the absolute tiniest ship is going to take up more than one. 20 meters? 65 feet. Small ships start at 60. That colossal ship that's 15k feet long? That's not another ship, that's the environment - and it still has at most 20 weapon mounts total along all two-and-some miles of its length.

Good luck figuring out your own take on it, though. It'll probably be better than this.
>>
>>54970742
I think you are missing the fact that you can fire it and trick attack with it as normal from the 70ft increment. The sniper function is useful if players are prepping an ambush, or once players get higher in level where they can fly or control the battlefield more adeptly.
>>54970642
>Not a single class actually adds any damage to them, which pretty much stops them from being viable the second you have more than one attack with any other weapon.
Not true, really - this is where the Operative shines with it.
Operative cannot trick attack as part of a full attack action, and with only a 3/4 BAB, it isn't going to want to take the -4 to attack along with a -2 from deadly aim without being able to flat-foot the target. (Triple Attack full-attack with small arms is a trap, unless you've got someone in your party buffing you, the Triple/Quad attacks are really aimed at melee operatives who can add STR damage into the equation)

So a single attack debuff focused sniper operative will have an advantage here, as they are still able to debilitate the target while hitting it much harder than with small arms (remember only 1/2 level to damage from small arm weapon specialization vs full level to damage with sniper rifles).
>>
>>54973749
Not that dude but are you actually implying that you should play an Operative using anything other than small arms?
Is this real life?
>>
>>54973749

>you can fire it and trick attack with it as normal from the 70ft increment

Mind you, you can fire AND get your trick attack bonus damage from 90-100ft if you use a laser pistol. Or 80ft with a gyrojet. The pistol averages a good chunk more even with the half-spec as well as having longer range than the sniper rifle AND letting you quad attack if you need to shoot multiple mooks/you are getting a buff.
>>
>>>/tg/pfg
Starfinder is just pathfinder in space. A thread died for this.
>>
>>54974304
You're not the /pgg/ faggot are you
>>
>>54974304
There're a lot of arguments to be made for why the split thread is necessary, but to be perfectly honest, the only thing I want is to escape from the awful /pfg/ community.
>>
>>54967135
>binary
>a language
Simply epic
>>
Anyone have a PDF of Dead Suns they're willing to share?
>>
So, how about those Starfinder campaigns on Roll20? The Silent War looks really good, though the lack of CharGen worries me!
>>
How adverse are you to playing a game in a homebrew setting with none of the CRB races?
>>
File: 1501993772577.gif (905KB, 420x276px) Image search: [Google]
1501993772577.gif
905KB, 420x276px
Why aren't the links to the replays in the pastebin?

I want to see how space combat works. preferably in action.
>>
As a soldier, do I have to max Perception? It's not like I'm gonna make any other skill check frequently.
>>
>>54974802
Less adverse than I am to playing a game in a homebrew setting with none of the CRB races in Pathfinder, because the CRB races of Starfinder aren't iconic or staples of the genre.
>>
>>54974869
What would be iconic to a sci-fi setting then?
>>
>>54974802
I'm just using Mass Effect setting in my game; playing post-ME3 with idealized destroy ending (Geth survived, Mass Relays are just rebooting).

Party found and accidentally activated a Primary Relay the Protheans built as a last effort but never managed to activate, allowing access into a new galaxy.
>>
>>54968670
I like this idea that androids can't be healed normally. Like they may have almost terminator like durability but can only be fixed with nanite paste and/or they have to go to a specialist mechanic.
>>
>>54975130
Or Mending.
>>
>>54974333
Nope, someone else who hates Paizo games

>>54974369
And yet you still play Paizo games
>>
>>54975025
The closest answer to that is greys but the truth is, there's no race which is as ubiquitous in sci-fi and elves, dwarfs and orcs are in fantasy.

Usually space opera sci-fi goes:
>Humans
>Quirky, intelligent, spindly race.
>Cultured, potentially psychic race.
>Honourable but brutal warrior race.
>Inhuman and utterly alien insectile race.
>Stocky, greedy, comical race.
>Emotionless cybernetic or robotic race.
>>
>>54975025

Humans. Big Warrior Race Dude With Honor And Shit. Smaller Mercantile Race That Tinkers. Robots. Hot Alien Space Babes With Technicolor Skin. Literal Cats.
>>
>>54975025
Tau, Eldar, Humans, Necrons, Orks and Robotits are a pretty good start I think.
>>
>>54975030
I had plans for this but with the control ending, partly for the politics potentially involved with the Shepard reapers, while they might be on the level nobody is about to trust anyone with all that power.
>>
>>54975152

>Humans
>Gnomes
>Elves
>Orcs
>Halflings
>Dwarves
>Wizards
>>
>>54975152
waaait a second...
>>
>>54975202
The difference is, fantasy has specific names for them that around found in literally hundreds of different settings. Across those settings, they tend to have a lot of the same aesthetic features as well.

Name like, five sci-fi settings that all have the same name for their honorable but brutal martial race.
>>
>>54975243
Dude, I was just making a joke. Halflings aren't stereotypically an inhuman and utterly alien insectile race, and wizards aren'ta race at all.

... Right?
>>
>>54975420
>nhuman and utterly alien insectile race,
Thats the Thri-kreen.
>>
>>54975152
I do agree that the lack of codified sci-fi races makes me much less attached to the Starfinder CRB options, but I think Paizo was going for an approximation of each.

>Humans
>Kasatha
>Lashunta
>Vesk
>Shirren
>Ysoki
>Android

Shirren also doubling up as sexy almost-human aliens.
>>
>>54975535
Okay but where are the Tau and Eldar and Necrons
>>
>>54975535
I'm not going to disagree with your fine taste in insects, but most of these people are probably going to say that last point goes to the lashunta.
>>
>>54975566
I bit my tongue.
>>
>>54975535
>Shirren also doubling up as sexy almost-human aliens.
Uh... the Shirrens are the really bug like ones that broke of from the Swarm, the Lashunta are the ones that look like humans with antennae.
>>
>>54975566
Elves are still a thing though, and they're even nazis now.
>>
>>54975607
I'd say they are more like Imperial Japan personally.
>>
File: PZOSFS0101E-Zigvigix.jpg (54KB, 472x500px) Image search: [Google]
PZOSFS0101E-Zigvigix.jpg
54KB, 472x500px
>>54975601
You calling this not sexy? And their ideas and love of choice and freedom are pure american.
>>
>>54975628
>more like imperial japan
>literally have (((they))) betrayed us in their backstory
They're Nazielves.
>>
>>54975535
And you can find those races in Star Wars, Star Trek, Mass Effect and other settings, just under different names and aesthetics.
>>
>>54975628
I'm getting Russian vibes from them, honestly.
>>
>>54975601
>Shirren
>Not sexy
>>
>>54975641
>American
>good
>>
>>54975658

Frankly, I say they're Post-9/11 America.
>>
File: Paragon_gideon.jpg (915KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Paragon_gideon.jpg
915KB, 1920x1080px
I just got the PDF and I have to say the Star Shaman and Xenodruid sound really fucking cool as Mystic connections.

I wonder how long before I can create giant bio-titans and tree based mechs?
>>
>>54975653
That's the point yeah. There aren't standardized alien races in the way that elves and dwarves are widespread, but there're standard archetypes which are met here and in those works. Most space settings will have either a spread like that, or a triad composed of humans, a pseudo-religious lawful psion race, and a chaotic hive-like monstrous race.
>>
I WANT TO PLAY AN ELF SO FUCKING VLAD.
>>
>>54975726

An elf vampire?
>>
>>54975689
Mystic is definitely the class getting the least love from the community but I think they look fucking great here, as someone who typically martialfags and doesn't like casters. Spellcasting in general looks more fun here than in Pathfinder even if it's weaker, and both casters having full class features is great.
>>
>>54975702
So to answer >>54974802, removing the CRB races from your game is totally acceptable. If you're making a homebrew space opera setting however, you should probably come up with races that fill those archetypes to replace them.
>>
HAIL THE KAISER! HAIL AZLANT! HAIL VICTORY!
>>
>>54975641
>>54975671
I'm not saying they aren't sexy, I was just pointing out that they aren't "almost-human" rubber-forehead aliens.
>>
>>54970838
>The main combatants (Soldier, Operative, Solarian) all want to make full attacks or use special, non-standard action single attacks.

What about a combat drone, who only gets a single standard or move normally? Would a sniper drone work if you made your mechanic the type who would be better off using both of their actions on themselves?
>>
File: 1464208376286.png (227KB, 557x600px) Image search: [Google]
1464208376286.png
227KB, 557x600px
>>54975674
You're just jealous.
>>
File: 1497162428123.jpg (124KB, 1202x664px) Image search: [Google]
1497162428123.jpg
124KB, 1202x664px
>>54975746

Not only that, after seeing the IUS and Mystic Strike I can make a monk from almost any spell casting class.
>>
>>54975731
Imagine!
>>
>>54975792
Not particularly jealous of having shit health care and universities that are more like highway robbery.
>>
>>54975820

On a serious note I am curious what has become of vampires in Starfinder. I want to have an asteroid like that one from Mass Effect but being ran by a cartel of various vampire clans.
>>
File: Thradd_comm.png (13KB, 243x107px) Image search: [Google]
Thradd_comm.png
13KB, 243x107px
>>54975749
Having posed the original question, I would now like to correct myself.

How adverse are you to playing in a game in a homebrew setting where none of the traditional archetypes are represented, and every race, including the equivalent humans, has strong immutable quirks?
>>
>>54975931
Provide examples of 'strong immutable quirks.'
>>
Any word on the GM Screen?
>>
>>54975785

They could, though they'd be generally better off with a longarm in that case for sustained fire. Drones have reloading issues and sniper rifles have very low ammo. Still, it is very much one of the better options if you really want a sniper rifle.
>>
got any fancy fillable character sheets?
>>
>>54972800
>Solarian
What is this meme?

Also, plenty of laserswords in this game that don't require you to be part of a specific class, I notice. Zero very clearly doesn't have any built-in weapons. Even his Z-buster is a pistol rather than an arm cannon. Not sure why they specified that for the game, especially given how much Japan likes weapons as an expression of the soul, but all of Zero's weapons are things he's given rather than components of his body.

Megaman Zero seems like a pretty decent tech level for Starfinder. MM classic is good robots vs evil robots, MMX is androids vs bad rebel androids, MMZ is the point when they start to blur the line between the two. You can see Zero breathing heavily when he's injured.
>>
>>54975951
Every member of one race has dissociative identity disorder. They have a culture, history, and world all themed around duality.

Another race is composed of shapeshifters that have no true native form. They have developed into a culture of secrets, believing that secrets shared between few individuals are the only proof of identity anyone in the universe ever has.

"Weird" would be the goal behind each race, so that even when raised in another culture, their biology would turn them out different.
>>
>>54976391
Are you doing this just to satisfy your own creative urges and make something you think would be cool, or do you genuinely think that these races would be fun for your players to both roleplay and roleplay with?

Unless you're very sure they'd be into it, do not use your gaming group as a testing ground for your exotic and 'original' ideas.
>>
>>54976325
It's part of the overarching storyline if I recall. The difference between humans and robots gets more and more and more blurred as time goes on, until you get to Legends, wherein there's little to no functional difference to the point that people don't even KNOW they're robots, and there's only one actual human left on the fucking moon or something.

And yeah, I think Zero'd be either a Soldier or an Operative.

Or actually maybe an Exocortex Mechanic, given the modslots you can get in... 4 I think. You could even use Overcharge for charge attacks.
>>
>>54976505
My local group was already on board before Starfinder came out. The setting was prepared specifically for our tastes.

What I'm fishing for here is the answer to whether or not /sfg/ would be interested in playing Ur Quan Masters instead of Mass Effect.
>>
File: IMG_0946.jpg (121KB, 1383x399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0946.jpg
121KB, 1383x399px
>>54967710
>you can't role play in 4e because the combat is so balanced

Yeah 4e was made around the combat not sucking and it succeeded. You can role play all day with 4e. There is literally nothing in the other editions that makes it easier to roleplay, they just have worse combat.
>>
>>54976595
Depends on the player. I'm sure it'd be the jam of loads of people, others, not so much.
>>
New thread:

>>54976796
>>54976796
>>54976796
>>54976796
>>54976796
>>54976796
>>
>>54976806
I wish I had in in me to thread war but I don't.
>>
File: e05.gif (245KB, 496x276px) Image search: [Google]
e05.gif
245KB, 496x276px
>>54976526
>people don't even KNOW they're robots
For a game about jumping through boss doors, that image of the future seems spot on to me.

There are going to be robots and AI. They're going to be sentient. They're going to be given rights. Born humans are going to get cybernetics. Robot bodies are going to get synthetic human-like components added to them. Eventually, people will forget that it mattered.

(If you doubt that robots will be given rights, consider that revolutions are won when you have an idea and can get the idea to spread to the military, and the military already has soldiers who emotionally bond to bomb-disposal robots. Twenty years from now one of those guys will be a general.)

Yeah, I'd say Soldier more than operative, with either Blitz or Hit-and-Run for fighting style. But Exocortex Mechanic seems like a great way to play an Android that emphasises the synthetic side of its nature.
>>
>>54976888
That depends entirely on what a 'right' is. If a robot is not programmed to feel pain and has no psychological pressure to preserve itself (completely possible - many creatures just let themselves die after giving birth, for example), then is it a right for them to be free from pain or a right for them to not be murdered? If a robot does not feel insulted, is it a right for them to not be insulted?
Humans project their own feelings onto other things and that causes problems, it's idiotic.
>>
>>54976526
You don't even need to go to Legends to get them mixed together - ZX is only a few centuries after Classic as opposed to however many thousand years for Legends, and you already have humans being routinely augmented and reploids getting mandated lifespan limits. The only difference in them at that point is that the robot has a triangle on their face.

They're not at the point they don't even know it, but there's still not much meaningful distinction.
>>
>>54976971
Yeah, but you cut Zero open, he's still got robot bits.

By the point of Legends there is straight up little functional difference, as I've been led to believe.

Reploids are still 'built', Carbons just have sex.

I might well be wrong, but you get where I'm coming from.
>>
>>54976961
Similar points to that one Kurzgesagt video. Patrician taste if you've already seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHyUYg8X31c
But you're missing a more basic right that will be relevant to robots, the right to refuse an order without being destroyed. That's what will be most relevant to smart AI in the future.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.