[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>using dragonfolk, demonfolk, and beastfolk as your non-human

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

>using dragonfolk, demonfolk, and beastfolk as your non-human races when there are so many better options
>>
>>54965747
Tell me about Birrin then.
>>
>>54965747
If that's one of the "better options" whoever you're quoting must be a huge faggot.
>>
All stories are ultimately human stories, written for humans and by humans. Attempting to create a nonhuman race is therefore ultimately pointless and self-defeating. You should not aim for nonhuman concepts but should instead play with concepts that resonate with humanity.

Some basic concepts are:

- Sex
- Death
- Family
- Tribalism
- Hunger
- Pain

Dragonfolk and beastfolk experience none of these differently. Demonfolk possibly are more greedy and evil but in modern adaptions are often watered down to be not even that.

Lucifer's sin was not to bow before Adam. I should think that demonfolk should be above all proud. They would call themselves "the first peoples" and worship no gods. It would be tradition in their families to cast out their children once they are of age. No demon has a father or master. Receiving a gift is a shameful thing and any such gift giving must at least pretend to be a trade.
>>
>>54965747
I know what you mean, Im sooo tired of everyone being humanoid. My current character is a common garden snail, but I didn't want to Mary Sue, so it's got snail level mental and physical faculties. It's not at all good for roleplay, combat, or having fun really, but at least I'm breaking the mold for the sake of doing so.
>>
>>54966114
I would argue pride to be a more likely trait of dragonfolk, what with being goddamn dragons.
>>
>>54966114
Speculating about alien minds can be the fun itself even if you can never be sure you're actually close to getting it right or as far from it as is physically possible. Mind you, I think OP's cheap bait is no better than discarding any attempt to make truly alien beings. It all depends on the setting and the goals of the game you are playing. Dungeons and Dragons works well with humans with extreme plastic surgery, but a Lovecraft-type game would potentially suffer from it. Enforcing groundless standards or rules upon yourself for no good reason is both pointless and the worst option you can choose for your game. "It depends" wins again.
>>
>>54966114
>You should not aim for nonhuman concepts but should instead play with concepts that resonate with humanity.
>Dragonfolk and beastfolk experience none of these differently.
>literally "you should be more human-like in your characters, but dragon/beastfolk as bad because they're too humanlike"
I'm at least glad the "nonhuman races are a crutch for bad role players" shitposter is changing up his copypasta, but this kind of contradictory shit is still getting old. I'd rather a player play something humanoid worth a funny hat than whatever kind of shit you see in the OP, which would need its own snowflake weapons/armor/equipment in order to not invalidate the kinds of things a GM normally motivates the PCs as a reward with.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.