[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stat us /tg/ How good are we at stealing hearts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: phantomthieves.jpg (240KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
phantomthieves.jpg
240KB, 1280x720px
Stat us /tg/

How good are we at stealing hearts?
>>
>>54965055
About half as good as you are at paying back your debts.
>>
I mean, they're highschool kids.

Persona is also the most shit SMT series. Give me DDS, Strange Journey, the main series, or shit, even fucking Devil Summoner.

The only really, truly good Persona is 2.
>>
>>54965338
Only took two posts for the SMT shitters to show up.
>>
>>54965055
Pretty shit always get caught and have to fight owner of said heart, don't actually sneak past anything just murder their way through guards. Crap thieves really.
>>
>>54965338
Strange Journey is shit. SHIT
>Soviet Era science lady craves structure, so goes Law
>Mexican vato grew up in drug country, so is used to Chaos
>MC is explicitly a Japanese marine, thus carrying on Japan's narcissism

Games was racist as fuck
>>
>>54965601
I don't buy that.

One of the best parts about SJ is that it spends time building up Zelenin and Jimenez as actual people before it has them take their respective paths, so their choices make more sense than lolLaw and lolChaos. Both of their alignments weren't born out of some belief in the system itself, but situations that drove them to seek answers each alignment gave them.

You get to see both of them slip down their slopes on each side, their good intentions destroyed by the extreme methods asked of them. It's a lesson on why neither side was the answer, which tied into the game's underlying plot about pollution.

And beyond that, the MC is explicitly from the country the game was localized in.
>>
>>54965372
Well, seeing as Devil Survivor 1 is a thematically better Persona in every single way possible, it's hard not to shit on the later installments of Persona (3/4/5).
I mean, seriously, Devil Survivor 1 has a typical "highschool kids cliche" Persona-like crew, and yet it avoids absolutely every pitfall Persona managed to fall into.
>>
>>54966120
5 does deserve some credit for the sheer amount of style the game has, at least. Just wish they'd been more willing to make bolder aesthetic choices
>>
>>54965055
To get back on topic...

> Joker
Warlock/Rogue multiclass with a special power of stealing spells from foes and adding it to his spells known.

> Skull
Typical STR Fighter.

> Panther
Bard with more focus on magic than attacks.

> Mona
Rogue.

> Fox
DEX Fighter.

> Queen
Paladin/Cleric multiclass who is chasing after her sense of justice after being forced to obey those in power, thinking they knew better.

> Oracle
Divination Wizard, provides support from far back.

> Noir
Bard that focuses on attacks more than spells, but has some nice buffs for party play.

> Crow
Grade A shitlord That Guy Wizard/Rogue multiclass
>>
Makoto's introduction as "the smart one" made the writters turn every other character into a retard so her incredibly obvious advice came off as "intelligent".

Not to mention the idea that she's a social retard (yet somehow still the fucking school rep) strays too close to Futaba's story.
>>
File: 1385687060984.jpg (1MB, 1600x926px) Image search: [Google]
1385687060984.jpg
1MB, 1600x926px
>>54965055
Never gonna live up to your senpai. Step it up.
>>
>>54966680
I don't think that's exactly fair on the first part. It wasn't so much that she was smarter than everyone else, it was more that she actually thought ahead and had a plan, rather than just winging it.

It helped that the rest of the cast up to that point all had no real experience in planning things out, something that carries over in much of their storylines.

I kind of agree with the second part, but I do think they tried to make the distinction more that Matoko had more simply coasted through life on the instructions of others(and thus, while superficially capable of social interactions, had never really attempted to engage with someone else) rather than true social isolation.

And that theme carries quite a bit throughout the entire game. Almost everyone in the main cast explored concepts dealing with a lack of engagement. Ann's job as a model, Yusuke's half hearted approach towards art, Haru's resignation to her arranged marriage, etc, etc. Really, of the main cast, Ryuji was the only one who'd ever actually applied himself to something.

Which fits into the wider social commentary the game was focused on, of course. Apathy was a huge problem the game focused on.
>>
>>54965055
>Joker
types: Hero (x2)
power: Tenacity
qualities: bad reputation & magical
stats:
athletics 2
affection 2
cunning 2
skill 2
luck 0
will 4

shall I continue doing MAID stat-lines for the rest (although my own knowledge of the game only lets me go up to the first 4)
>>
What's the best system to run an SMT/Persona, game?
>>
>>54967126
I don't know how good it is but I know the rpg Girl by Moonlight is partially inspired by Persona. It's currently in playtesting https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YfRgfikrlzLL_cwIbVuGyh766mUxM_e6ITFuMlPkXfg/edit
>>
>>54966618
>Grade A shitlord that guy
I laughed a lot
My friend is running a Persona inspired story and I was thinking of making a Makoto inspired Paladin so I'm glad my bait thread got somebody backing me up like I wanted
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.