[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Pumped-Up Kicks" Edition Last Thread: >>54

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 65

File: Trailblazer's Boots_ZEN.jpg (199KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Trailblazer's Boots_ZEN.jpg
199KB, 672x936px
"Pumped-Up Kicks" Edition

Last Thread: >>54953880

RESOURCES

>Full C17 Decklists:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/commander-2017-edition-decklists-2017-08-11

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
Any new C17 card that turned out to be good tech for your deck(s)?
>>
Nice subject faggot, also your favorite commander is trash
>>
File: opfaghitler.jpg (95KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
opfaghitler.jpg
95KB, 400x350px
>>54964643
>Forgets subject
>Promotes Sally
>Discord
>Old news Decklists

Delete this and try again correcting at least some of those issues.
>>
Anyone want to take a glance at this Sek'kuar list? It is sans manabase so far.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sekkuar-fast/

Do you think the removal and wrath package is solid enough?
>>
File: 46.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
46.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
I've put together a GBW elf combo deck that goes infinite mana, plays out the deck till I have concordant crossroads and adequate damage to kill the table, is this a "no fun" win condition?
>>
>>54964643
>Any new C17 card that turned out to be good tech for your deck(s)?
Teferi's psychedelic trip turns out it's really good in GW selvala because board wipes are Satan and because Armageddon+ravages are already worth playing
>>
>>54964811
Well, yeah.
>>
>>54964811
*GUW
>>
>>54964811
>is this a "no fun" win condition?
No it's just borning and done to death
I just don't see the point unless you are intentionally playing to win
Johnny: the format has so much more to offer
>>
>>54964643
>no edh in subject

kill yourself
>>
>>54964840
>unless you are intentionally playing to win
I mean, winning is kind of the goal, that's what I thought anyways.
>>
>>54964643
Nice job fucking the OP you inept fuck. I bet you're the Tron guy you uneducated heathen.
>>
Reposting my Inalla list in a half-assed thread.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/inalla-wizard-tribal-2/

On a bit of a budget and just want to get a decent core deck done until the end of the month to pick the pieces up once I got money on my account.
Budget suggestions arr appreciated (shouldn't be ridiculously high, but 10-15€ is still alright if the card's decent enough).
Also, ignore lands for now.
>>
File: 1503010359385.png (215KB, 322x450px) Image search: [Google]
1503010359385.png
215KB, 322x450px
Best girl reporting
>>
So what are some house rules that /edhg/ plays with?
>>
>>54964955
Draw two opening hands and select one of them. Normal mulligans after that.
>>
>>54964955
>any player may throw blockers for any other player
>>
>>54964955
I regularly forget that the official mulligan doesn't require you to shuffle your hand in each time.
>>
>>54964870
To a point, but less so in commander. This is the format for
>I've always wanted to do [really stupid thing]
>let's build a deck around it!
>>
>>54964981
Officially it does actually, but the RC recommends setting aside your hand in physical games for easier starts.
>>
>>54965005
I mean, isn't the rules committee as official as it comes? Unless I'm misunderstanding your point.
>>
>>54964955
Not really a house rule but personal rules of conduct
>pick a deck that matches the play groups power level
>Don't go infinite unless you would lose otherwise
>don't single out a player unless they're becoming too big of a threat or they're singling you out hard.

Commander is a pretty casual format for me, I like to just try and relax and see if I can find an opening to play my big scary colorless creatures.
>>
>>54965017
The point is that their recommendation is just that, a recommendation. If you look at the EDH rules it doesn't mention not shuffling your hand back in, but the comprehensive rules say you should shuffle back in. It's only unofficially that the RC suggests the change.
>>
>>54965059
Ah, gotcha. Cool. I'm glad my autism is justified then.
>>
I got a Training Grounds off a whim, and I love the card and the ideas behind it. What deck should I build that can utilize it to the best of it's ability?
>>
>>54965103
Scarab God mill is pretty cool with it.
>>
>>54965103
Tasigur Anti-Archenemy.
>>
File: 1498456822896-tg.png (232KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1498456822896-tg.png
232KB, 312x445px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grimgrin-corpse-born-the-best/?cat=type&sort=type

Any suggestions for my Grimgrin deck?
>>
>>54965056
How do you quantify the power level of a players deck though? That seems pretty arbitrary to me. Obviously nobody wants to be "that guy" and everyone wants to have fun with the game, but who is to say that one deck is way more powerful than another? Do you guys base it on performance records that you keep or some shit?

I mean, damn, even if you're using the $$$ value of the cards as some rule of thumb that can bounce around all the time due to reprints and shifts in the meta.
>>
>>54965103
Sliver toolbox
>>
File: 1357969138935.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1357969138935.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>54964643

>planeswalkers have to spend mana to put their shoes on
>>
>>54965191
It's just something you pick up on over time. This rule of thumb for me only really applies when I'm playing with people I've played against before. It more or less is arbitrary.
>>
>>54965293
Planeswalkers can't equip those shoes under most circumstances.
>>
>>54964955
Free mulligans until you get a hand you like, and if you abuse it we won't play with you anymore
>>
File: Image (90).jpg (25KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (90).jpg
25KB, 223x310px
>>54965293
They're using mana so those boots can attach to things like Ulamog or pic related without falling off/breaking.
>>
>>54965191

I think he means if he's playing against Werewolf Tribal, a deck specifically made of draft chaff, and the Wade into Battle pre-con he's not gonna bust out Food Chain Tazri. Obviously requires a little foresight into what you are playing against, but still.
>>
>>54964955
partial mulligan
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bounty-of-karametra/

Any thoughts on this? I wanted to try and do something with gods/enchantments.
>>
>>54965423
And Humans, Elves, Goblins, and Vampires are paying the cost for such special-needs individuals!
Why should THEY have to pay? They can just pick it up, make the bug require 300 to equip instead of spreading the cost to everyone else!
>>
>>54964973
That sounds like the actual worst
>>
>>54965799
Next time an opponent tries to Remove Soul my Soulless One, I shall argue that it should cost 300 more on this basis.
>>
>>54965799
It's not fair that a Bane of the Living should have to pay more for foot protection than humanoids simply because it is a swamp monster without tangible feet. Affordable foot protection should be a right for all creatures.
>>
>>54964723
What the fuck is sally?
>>
>>54965191
I've noticed that the power level is easily quantified by how many targeted removals that player gets hit in his permanents most often. There is a guy in my playgroup who plays stax, MLD, infcombos and 15min turns while everyone else plays only fun decks that actually let other players also play the game. He is usually the archenemy. But he always wins if we don't focus our resources on him from early on. So MLD, stax and infinite comboes are usually archetypes and strategies that go to a very high power level decks.
>>
>>54966224
Interesting. Well, I've got somebody like that in my group too, but any time we gang up on him to cut out his bullshit infinites we're always accused of not letting him have any fun. It's created some problems in the past in my playgroup and so now we've been coming up with a couple of home rules to figure out how to make it so nobody feels like a target.

Honestly I just wish EDH wasn't the type of game that would allow somebody to smack down a stack of money on the table and essentially "win" before it's even began.
>>
>>54964643
Hey, shit OP, you forgot the real discord info. Here it is, spelled out for you:

https://discord.gg/is4f4gz

You are such a complete failure you cannot even make a 4chin general OP without looking like a joke. At this point you should just neck yourself to stop being such a public embarassment
>>
Thread Question
Favorite Dragon Commander?
Hard Mode: Not Scion of the Ur Dragon
>>
>>54966551
The Ur-Dragon's pretty nice, though Scion still gives him a run for his money. It's like having Sliver Hivelord over Overlord as your commander. It's hard to beat such a strong toolbox commander.
>>
>>54966598
Im usually more in favor of the esoteric commanders. I dont mind powerful commanders but I hate Commanders where the game always plays out the same way like Narset, Zur, Scion, Hivelord, Yisan, etc.,
>>
>>54966224
>>54966310
If you have one guy that's being a fucking tool just run some cards specifically to counter him; its better than losing constantly. Basandra, Containment Priest, Grand Arbiter, Linvala, Damping Matrix, Titania's Song, Terra Eternal, Sacred Ground, Lifeforce, Deathgrip are all cards that, when selected with both decks/styles in mind can shut a lot of those archetypes down when coming from all sides.

Granted it may mean a less all around useful card gets slotted, but depending on your meta a lifeforce can fuck up a lot of people.
>>
>>54966751
I've changed up my decks to add more exile-removal to fight against his decks, and most of the players in that playgroup have great threat assesment so they notice combopieces etc. So usually the games go fine and we manage to keep that guy in bay. I'm not against pricey cards, but playing stax and denying other people from playing the game is just plain stupid. Tangle wire, Stasis and stuff like that are cards that can be found in all of his decks. Always just remember to keep counter spell or removal ready for him.
>>
File: patron.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
patron.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
This guy is disgusting.
I thought he would be gimmicky with the high mana cost and the out of color theme.
But that moonfoke offering easily gets him out turn four.
Way too easy to go infinite and moon foke has just as many ways to abuse it's ability.
Was even cheap to build.
Have any you guys seen this thing float around in your play groups?
>>
>>54965191
1:
check the commanders. Prossh, Azami and Zur is a lot more scary to face down than Zirilan, Pheldagriff and Kemba. Now the commander choice doesn't guarantee power level. Tazri might represent Food Chain/Hermit Druid combo but also might be some asshole's 5 color Zada.http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/5-colour-zadatazri/ But at the very least multiple U generals or UG presence is going to change the game.

2:
know your adversaries. I know how most of the groups I play in go. One group doesn't play that seriously, but another is a lot more cut-throat. This is way harder at pickup games than with friends, but just check how your opponents are dressed might give you an idea to their disposable income. People who spend less money on the game tend to have less tuned decks, though this isn't always true.

3:
check how the game is playing. If the first few turns are like... guildgate go, then maybe take it a bit easy.
If someone's like... mystic rainforest into bayou into Green Sun's Zenith for Dryad Arbor you might have a more dangerous game on your hands.

This is of course assuming that you have most fun in a game of EDH through playing rather than winning as such.
>>
>>54967220
My friend is a judge and she runs Patron.

It's absurdly tuned and crazy powerful. I think it's easily the top 5 most powerful decks I've ever played against. Does have some ways to hose it, and I always keep artifact removal to hit the inevitable Amulet of Vigor.
It's also pretty pimped out and she's a good player.
>>
>>54967430
Do you have a decklist?
>>
>>54967636
I don't I'm afraid but I'm sure someone has a Patron of the Moon primer more recent than
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh/multiplayer-commander-decklists/527500-patron-of-the-moon
>>
>>54964870
but anon people have different goals, I just want to play cool games with friends and see cool interactions that lead to people saying "woah" or that was insane: or literally lol. in some particular instances my goal is to play a tight game with an optimized 1000 dollar deck and feel a rush when win cons abound and every decision matters.
thus things are hard to do when some scrub plays decks that are undone by a shattering spree.

my favorite deck atm is a land sac deck headed by the locus of rage. it goes all in on sacrificing lands and getting threats out. I just want to smash someone with my grater gargadon anon.
>>
>>54964995
No anon this is the format of
>I've always wanted to do [really stupid thing] that makes me win!
>let's build a deck around it!

The point is still winning, but a lot of people who play commanders are Johnnies so they try stupid ways of winning
>>
What is /edhg/'s favorite ramp? What's the best ramp?
>>
File: 1501996016593.png (13KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1501996016593.png
13KB, 200x200px
>>54964995
>>54967865
>mfw being a Timmy in a Johnny's world
>>
>>54968475
Skyshroud Claim is my favorite, especially when I have a mana doubler in play and it is free or when there are multiple and it ramps.

Nature's Lore is half of a Skyshroud Claim and also amazing. Coming into play untapped is a big benefit for these that makes it easier to curve out and play your hand faster.
>>
>>54965779
The didnt draw the beast thing in that sketch.
>>
>>54968513
timmies and johnnies are natural allies. i used to be real big into timmy stuff, nowadays i'm a full blown johnny since goodstuff and straightforward interactions bore me to death. the last time i played in real life, i used like a 6-card interaction to destroy a few artifacts and bounce the board

regardless, fuck spikes

around spikes, order airstrikes
>>
File: Image.png (142KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
142KB, 223x311px
So I've been wanting to make a deck around her since I pulled a foil one in a pre release but honestly.... I couldn't justify it because she's just so bad. Yeah the stapled evasion is cool but that token is pretty dumb and I didn't know what I could do with her.

Decided to make a voltron style build. Any good tech anyone could suggest?
>>
File: grenzo.png (135KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
grenzo.png
135KB, 223x311px
>>54968776
switch to Grenzo, Havoc Raiser and throw her in the 99

mono red is typically always going to be the "haha look at that guy" deck unless it's Daretti, but Grenzo, Havoc Raiser is at least spicy and (supposedly) fun
>>
>>54964643
Why are people so fucking stupid they can't figure out how to make the OP correctly.

Kill yourself OP.
>>
>>54964955
friendly mulligans: draw 7 until you get a hand you like, the game is no fun if someone starts off with a dead draw
no tuck rule: if you're deck can't function without it's commander it's a bad deck.
>>
>>54965815
it honestly doesnt happen as much as you think it would but it can be devastating when it does
>>
>>54968475
command sphere cause it gets you any color you need and only needs colorless mana to get out. plus being able to draw a card off of it later or if someone tries to blow it up is pretty great. its just an all around good reliable ramp spell
>>
>>54968819
Nah, grenzo is in goblin tribal. Don't like his mode either and doesn't fit a voltron deck.
>>
>>54968959
sounds like bullshit suggested by the grouphug player so he doesn't lose all the time
>>
>>54969016
nah, when we started playing EDH no one knew that you couldnt do that and when we figured it out we all decided it was dumb that you could cast spells against other people but could block other people and it just became a house rule
>>
>>54968475
In order of usefulness:
>Harrow
>Primal Growth
>Cultivate/Kodama's Reach
>Sakura-tribe eldar
>>
>>54969013
no he's not unless you build him like that for some reason

grenzo is "evasive beaters and tokens"

building him as a goblin tribal is stupidity because he will play exactly like krenko, except krenko will always be a strict improvement on the command zone

your deck is going to be utter shit if you try to build voltron, which is among the weakest archetypes, in mono-red, which is the weakest color, for kari zev, which is a weak card
>>
>>54965174
Right away, the issue I see is that you have a Grixis card in a Dimir deck
>>
>>54969016
What's the appeal of group hug playstyle?

I get group slug with stuff like mass goad, assault suit zurgo smashfucker, where people are randomly getting one shot and everyone is just slugging each other because trying to combo off just gets you smashed.

I get stuff where you're just squeezing people dry- "yeah you can get extra cards but I'm squeezing you dry because yo take damage on draws, on card in hand, and I'm taking everything."

But I've never clicked as to what the actual group hug win con is or why you play it.
>>
>>54969068
not him but the one group hug deck i have doesnt try to win. its there solely to try and enable whatever weird johnny shit the other people in my play group try to do cause i like seeing cool weird stuff happen
>>
>>54969068
you ramp as hard as physically possible because the symmetric ramp cards are way cheaper than non-symmetric ramp, then hope that your giant timmy wincon is better than any other wincon. Against any actual deck best you can hope for is kingmaker and against actual smart players you'll just ramp one player into mass removal on t3 instead of t6.
>>
>>54968527
This, it's literally the best ramp spell in the game, you can search for colors you need by taking shocks or ABUR duals and they come untapped so it costed just 2 in the end. I use it even in my 5c decks, Nature's Lore is the second and fird we have Farseek since it does bascially the same thing but the land comes tapped
>>
>>54966652
So tutor commanders, essentially.
>>
>>54965174
I love that card even though hits not really that good anymore
>>
>>54964908
Late bump after getting up in hopes of a response.
>>
>>54969444
It's also pretty good on a budget if you have the BFZ and Bicycle lands. By the time you cast Skyshroud Claim, you'll probably have at least two basics for the BFZ lands.
>>
How does Kruphix usually play? Just sit on mana until you can cast Eldrazi?
>>
>>54969720
Generally tends to be goodstuff or bigstuff. Or both. You tend to play very passively while stockpiling mana to either use for utility effects when needed or to make one big turn where you drop several threats or a combo.
>>
>>54969645
Hmm, it's interesting the different options we've put in- you've gone a bit heavier on the tribal front, while I've been working off the "sundial is only 1 card, so I'm not very likely to be able to keep my tokens around, so I've put in more sac outlets as well as blood artist + cutthroat so I get more value from throwing away my tokens.

Seems decent enough though.
>>
A Scrambleverse is cast in your game and ends up resolving.

What is your reaction?
>>
>>54970169
For each nonland permanent, choose a player at random. Then each player gains control of each permanent for which he or she was chosen. Untap those permanents.
>>
>>54970169
considering im the one who cast it and it was preceded by worldgorger dragon, im feeling pretty good

i promise this card in my hand isn't chaos warp
>>
>>54966049
>What the fuck is sally?
MtGSalvation.

Also, cancer.
>>
File: smug anime face.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime face.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>>54964955
Draw 10 Put three back mulligan, No targeted mass land destruction, Mutual MLD is fine however
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 265x370px
>>54970169
>what is your reaction?

response
>>
>>54967220
>>54967430
I've been working on one myself as a side project while I order the cards for Inalla and await the release of C17. Once Patron hits the field, even 1 or 2 activations are enough to break parity hard, and ramping in blue is actually pretty useful. I don't run a ton of Moonfolk, but artifact ramp makes him easy to drop and run away with. Games usually end once I get a mana doubler or two out and start looping Palinchron and extra turn spells like Time Stretch.
>>
File: 344.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
344.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>54970370
:^)
>>
>>54967220
>Tfw up till now completely misunderstood offerings to be additional costs, not alternatives
Oh shit Patron of the Orochi probably isn't garbage then.
>>
File: 197759.crop.hq.jpg (53KB, 418x305px) Image search: [Google]
197759.crop.hq.jpg
53KB, 418x305px
omnath here to tell you i love you
>>
>>54970370
Bonus points if you protection in response to your own scrambleverse after the round of nobody countering it.
>>
>>54970730
>after the round of nobody countering it

Can't do it, captain. If you let everyone pass priority without doing anything while Scrambleverse is on the stack, it resolves. You have to commit.
>>
>>54970757
Arse.
And here's me specifically looking up the priority passing to check if worked that way and still getting it wrong.
>>
>>54970725
i love you too omnath
>>
>>54970799
One thing you can do against less experienced players is to activate an ability on top of Scrambleverse. Most low level players will use their counterspells before the ability resolves, so if the ability resolves without anyone doing anything about Scrambleverse, you're usually safe to go all in.
>>
>>54970720
My group all have a Patron deck that we pull out for goofy flavor games. I've got Patron of the Moon, my friend runs value-based [[Patron of the Orochi]], another runs [[Patron of the Nezumi]] with lots of kill spells, life drain, and reanimation, and the last one is [[Patron of the Akki]] crouching Patron hidden Krenko Kamigawa goblin tribal. The games are about as janky as they sound.
>>
>>54970720
Patron of sneks is pretty fun.
>>
>>54964955
We do Draw 10 put three in grenzo's dungeon for our opening hands. Saves time on mulligans and it makes the games more intense since people tend to get their first few turns planned out instead of throwing random shit and hoping it works out until something else comes up.

Also what is some Secret Tech/jank you have for your decks? I've got Sidisi Self-mill and two pieces of secret tech I love are Aqueous Form and Catacombs Sifter. Sifter gives you a bit of ramp and value off of saccing tokens while Aqueous Form lets you get Sidisi Attack triggers with impunity and lets you scry 1 so you can make sure you don't whiff or mill away an important piece.
>>
>>54970856
Whoops, didn't mean to put the brackets. Was just writing up the description for a deck on tappedout out and I always highlight the cards.
>>
Are there any commanders that let me cast lots of board wipes while still advancing my own wincons? Zurgo fits decently but I also want to be able to use the exile/tuck/sacrifice wipes.
>>
>>54970368
>targeted mass land destruction
What, like Helldozer?
>>
>>54971279
Original Avacyn. It is literally EveryBoardWipeEver.dec
>>
>>54969708
Unfortunately those are only ally colored, meaning you can't fetch blue or black mana. Finish the fucking cycles already, Wizards.
>>
>>54971279
Ghostdad, either version but Guildpact is better
>>
>>54971279
You want Bruna + Vanishing
>>
>>54970833
Who would use scumbag tactics against noobs just to win instead of explaining to them how mechanics work?
>>
>>54967036
It's good your group isn't awful at threat assessment. Mine totally is, and I'm always the archenemy just because I play synergistic jank. Had a guy path my Tajic when there was a non-commander Avacyn and a Breya on the board. So bad.
>>
>>54964955
Draw 10 drop 3 mulligan, nephilim commanders a-ok, infect death used to be 15 but now it's back to 10.
>>
File: IMG_0663.jpg (74KB, 640x516px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0663.jpg
74KB, 640x516px
>>54971308
>Avacyn player casts Armaggedon
>path his Avacyn
>>
>>54971368
Someone who thinks Scrambleverse is a fun card.
>>
File: Image.png (115KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
115KB, 223x311px
>>54971445
Heard you talkin' shit like I wouldn't find out.
>>
>commemeder
>>
>>54971496
>covfefe zone
>>
File: Smug Arlinn.jpg (7KB, 218x212px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Arlinn.jpg
7KB, 218x212px
>>54971496
>I go into threads blatantly about something I don't like or play solely to shitpost and break global rules
>>
>>54971279
I pack 6 creature boardwipes if you count Crackling Doom in my Queen Marchesa deck. Mardu are the best colors for removal and does a great job at recovery. Marchesa is a really good commander in the colors because she can be build around, good stuff, or played simply for the colors.

If you want boardwipes.dec I suggest you do pillowfort and tokens. Nothing better than doing a Martial Coup, saccing the tokens to Westvale Abby and swinging into an open field. Tajiic, blade of the Legion, Yaheeni, And Kazuul are good for this. As are Anointed Procession and Assemble the Legion. Check it out man. Super fun times.

>my decklist
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/queen-marcheezys-super-prison/

It's not the best but it'll give you some ideas. I need to either add more tutors or take cabal/urborg and it's support out entirely.
>>
>>54971496
>memedern
>legameme
>vintage
>>
File: 61.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
61.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>54971466
X = 1.
>>
>>54971466
ZIP B ZABBITY ZOB OUTTA THERE
>>
File: Tithe.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Tithe.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>54971550
>>
File: 1497328197178.jpg (260KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1497328197178.jpg
260KB, 1600x1200px
>>54971589
Your magic is nothing before my mastery of time itself.
>>
>>54971532
>5 and a half creature boardwipes
>lots
Don't reply to me ever again.
>>
>>54964811
Personally, I love synergies and like twenty triggers going onto the stack, but infinite combo wins are pretty boring. At the point of being an infinite, it's kinda just "okay that happens"
>>
>>54971279
I agree with>>54971325
You can play bruna as a aura synergistic deck.
Or you can be super stall with nothing but feild wipes ,counter spells and draw spells waiting to amass enough land (and only lands, no point in artifact ramp when you keep wipeing the board) and answers for any possable atempt to mess with you to drop an unanswerable bruna with flash preupkeep or with haste
>>
File: Lapse.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Lapse.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>54971617
You underestimate White's ability to protect itself.
>>
You wanna know why everyone hate commander players? Go to channel fireball and look at menguccis most recent video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbwKoZIveUY

Theres a commander autist is the comment section losing his fucking mind because someone is playing a tier one deck with cantrips, young pyro, and cabal therapy. Its fucking retarded lol

commander is also impossible to play with other people you dont know because some autist is yelling at you to hurry up because youve taken more then 15 seconds to think about your play and it NEEDS to be his turn right now so he can play his fatty!!!
>>
File: Overload.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Overload.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>54971617
>>54971589
>>54971550
>>54971466
>>
>>54971550
This counters Teferi pretty hard. Are there other cards that would fuck the caster more if you mess with its timing like this?
>>
File: 46.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
46.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>54971672
You may have delayed my Delay, but can you handle THIS!?
>>
>>54971589
What stops me from paying 1? Or are you countering your own Teferi so you don't get fucked?
>>
>>54971688
I really like Delay. Any time mage worth his salt should be packing one.

>>54971684
Why counter when I can just >>54971692 ?
>>
File: springfield_armory_xd[1].jpg (228KB, 1270x985px) Image search: [Google]
springfield_armory_xd[1].jpg
228KB, 1270x985px
>>54971672
>>54971684
>>54971692
>>
File: Q2ZYtvn.png (157KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Q2ZYtvn.png
157KB, 265x370px
>>54971716
I remove your gun, and everything else, from the stack. We're back to square one.
>>
File: 145[1].jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
145[1].jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>54971730
I copy my gun first.
>>
Best win conditions for Inalla? Most of the combos that involve her seem janky or require a lot of cards that usually have zero synergy with her. Should I just use huge instants and sorceries (Time Warp, Cruel Ultimatum, Clone Legion, etc) and reuse them over and over with Arcaeomancer and Chronomancer triggers?
>>
File: en154in.jpg (37KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
en154in.jpg
37KB, 312x445px
>>54971760
Oh we'll see about that!
>>
File: It Works!.png (325KB, 446x310px) Image search: [Google]
It Works!.png
325KB, 446x310px
>>
>>54971760
Does gun count as an instant or is it an equipment with an activated ability?
>>
Is this card as awful as it looks? I'm looking for some excuse to play it
>>
Hot damn this thread went to shit real quick
>>
>>54971972
you could play Damnation, Languish, or Mutilate for 2BB and it would be better
You could splurge for Blatant Thievery which costs one more U and it would be 100x more useful than Riches.
>>
>>54971972
Riches is alright, though I'd probably just use something to discard Rags and grab Riches from the graveyard like that.
Rags itself is pretty shit and you could just cast Yahenni's Expertise.
>>
>>54971972
it's not great, but it's not really better than any of the current EDH staples either

seems best in a self-mill or looter deck since the first mode doesn't seem that great
>>
>>54971972
For 2 mana more you can play Expropriate instead of Riches and not only get the choice of what permanent to take, but the chance that some pussy will vote Time and give you an extra turn.
>>
>>54972009
This is the best it's been all day. This shit is fun.
>>
>>54964811

Damn we have had a influx of people using B for blue, confusing the fuck out of me
>>
>>54971902
Was spending 5 mana and 2 cards to counter an instant or sorcery part of your plan?
>>
File: cardart_BrilliantPlan.jpg (123KB, 700x450px) Image search: [Google]
cardart_BrilliantPlan.jpg
123KB, 700x450px
>>54972203
Of course!
>>
>>54972203
5 mana and 2 cards to remove a permanent and counter a spell without any chance of being responded to unless you also have a Stratus Dancer
>>
>>54964955

We play with the tuck rule reversed, doesn't come up that often though because we all also play with randoms occasionally so our decks aren't filled with tuck effects

We also have our own banlist that many people would find funny I think, I'm pushing to update our banlist since some stuff was unbanned for testing and I think the tests have concluded these cards are broken (prime time, paradox engine come to mind)
>>
>>54972341
Willbender also does it.
>>
>>54972341
Also turns your 2/2 creature into a 3/2 flyer.
>>
>>54964995

I don't think commander is actually well suited to convoluted jank, the lack of consistency in singleton is a problem those decks. I think 60 card casual is the ideal for that kind of deck, you get 4 copies if that weird thing you've always wanted to do
>>
>>54972401
In 60 card casual you also have one player beating/burning/draining you to death in a couple of turns
>>
>>54972401
That's this weird dualtiy commander seems to have about its identity. A lot of people seem to think it's the "try ot make a jank thing work" format but in reality that's not very feasible due to 100 card singleton. I'm not sure if it stems from having a commander that you always have or what, but there's a lot of cool things that having a commander doesn't let you do.
>>
>>54972429
It's not 60 card "casual" if you have someone doing those things to you. It's as much a social thing as commander is. Likewise, you have people doing vintage and legacy shit and killing the table on turn 3 or 4 too in commander too.
>>
>>54972438
Thats why you play 8 tutors so you pretty much have your jank on 9 draws
>>
>>54972429
That doesn't sound very casual.
>>
>>54972469
Yeah, nah, it's not that easy.
>>
>>54972469
Then why do the same people who advocate doing fun jank discourage tutors? Checkmate, atheists.
>>
I'm playing a Zurgo Bellstriker rush down deck using primarily effects that give double strike, trample, and substantial buffs. MVPs are Blazing Shoal (I run 3 cards with CMCs over 6) and sword of feast and famine chaining multiple combats.

What's some secret tech for this? I've already got bloodrush effects and basically all the cards that can be cast "for free" in some way. I can get kills as early as turn 3 with some help. Also, does this sort of build benefit from mana rocks? I feel the lack of draw in my colors makes it hard to justify 2 more mana in exchange for an entire buff effect
>>
>>54972583
Because they aren't dedicated enough to their jank.
>>
>>54972757
I assume you got Blazing Shoal okayed with your group, because it's banned.
>>
>>54972461
>>54972532
A couple of turns is an exaggeration, but the other player is still trying to win however slowly and jankly, otherwise you might as well play solitaire. In 20 life 1v1, something as simple as a 3/3 utility creature can kill you in 7 turns if you don't have good blockers or removal. In 40 life multiplayer, that same 3/3 takes 14 turns to kill one opponent out of several on top of the deterrence aspect of "if I attack with my utility creature, all my opponents can attack me freely so it's better not to attack at all".
>>
Any way to block spain on mcm? More and more these spaniards fuck up orders or do shady shit. I'm tired of cards arriving super late, in wrong language etc.
>>
File: blazingderp.png (10KB, 230x257px) Image search: [Google]
blazingderp.png
10KB, 230x257px
>>54972867
I think you're confused my dude, this is the edh general
>>
>>54972867
I guess hatred is banned to right anon?
>>
>>54973020
Use the shopping wizard, in the country selector dropdown menu press CTRL+A, then CTRL+click on no preference, then CTRL+click on Spain.
>>
>>54973068
>>54973072
Fuck, you're right. I got it mized up between EDH and Modern banlist.
>>
File: CWHxBOsIMa.jpg (459KB, 1920x1120px) Image search: [Google]
CWHxBOsIMa.jpg
459KB, 1920x1120px
Is she the next TNN, or just a meme?
>>
>>54969056
No you retard.

Grenzo is IN goblin tribal. Not leading it. I only have one copy and I'm not buying another. I wanted to use THIS commander and I was asking for suggestions for THAT commander, not grenzo. Get that through your small head.
>>
File: 1498712180179.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1498712180179.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>54973090
happens
>>
>>54972867
In Modern dude
>>
>>54973082
Thank fucking god
>>
>>54973207
Different anon here.
Kari Zev is awful, Voltron is awful, Goblin tribal is awful, you are awful.
Grenzo is mildly awful but better than all of the above.
>>
>>54973347
It's probably a low powered causal deck. He already said she was awful, he realizes it.

Stop being autistic about someone elses commander.
>>
>>54973127
Wow, gross, zoom out please.
>>
>>54971279
Jhoira. Jokulhaups, Obliterate, Nev's Disc, Wildfire, Devastation, Cyclonic Rift, Evacuation, while you have Ulamog or Kozilek swinging in on the same turn after one of those spells resolves. It's gross.
>>
>>54973127
>4 mana
>no snapping on opponent's turn
>dies to most removal
>can't block eldrazi, angler, or goyf

Legacy meme. Genuinely good in EDH though
>>
>>54973496
rude
>>
>>54973127
nah

she's among the strongest EDH commanders tho
>>
>>54973395
Low powered and casual but not fun.
>>
File: c4rd4r7_peWnqPQ8m6.jpg (115KB, 850x500px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_peWnqPQ8m6.jpg
115KB, 850x500px
This guys makes me so happy.

Haven't been this excited to build a commander deck in a long time.

What cards would you recommend in a tribal dragon commander? (Lands, creatures, artifacts, instant, sorceries, planeswalker or enchantments.)
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
29KB, 223x310px
Can you pump a cat more than once with Big Cat's second ability
If not then, I'm just gonna go Chameleon Colossus and start smacking some faces with exponential damage
>>
>>54974055
i'd probably just have a ton of ramp and 5 colors worth of "cheat creature into play" spells

Lurking Predators and Call to the Kindred come to mind
>>
>>54974055
Dragon Arch
>>
File: 1500924597977.jpg (66KB, 437x437px) Image search: [Google]
1500924597977.jpg
66KB, 437x437px
>>54974108
not sure if the second ability is usable more than once on each cat, maybe it can it doesnt say use only once its just when a cat attacks

Also if you can cast catdaddy then clone him to sacrifice the original you will have eminence triggers from the command zone and battle field for +6/+6 kitty
>>
>>54974108
No, it's triggered on another cat attacking, which means once per declared attack.
>>
>>54974108
No. Arahbo's second ability can only be done once per attacking Cat since its a triggered ability.
But it does trigger separately for each and every attacking cat, so you can double them all and give them all trample if you have the mana.
>>
>be wizards
>make a cat dragon legendary
>RGB
>not RGW
>you fucked everything
Throw the set in the trash
>>
File: images-24.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images-24.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
>check for Mimeoplasm lists
>it's all combo shit
>just wants a control/reanimater deck

Anyone got any ideas how to proceed?
>>
>>54974327
You forgot
>Make it horrible
>>
>>54974327
>make a bottom-up Jund legend
>connect it to an already existing lore character
>pat yourself on the back
>>
>>54974370
edhrec and filter out the obvious combo pieces. That's the shortest way i can think of
>>
>>54974370
Mimeoplasme reanimator is pretty cool, it's my main deck.

Just run a bunch of cheap reanimation spells, blue draw/discard effects, green ramp and a bunch of big creatures with cool effects (the praetors, necrotic ooze, the leviathans that have nice effects, ect.)
>>
>>54974370
This is the list im running although I need to update it for a few new edition, added more mass removal and defense of the heart

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/memeoplasm-reanimator-1/

Its entirely dump it into your graveyard then bring it back
>>
>>54974370
i have a sultai toolbox reanimator list if you want to look at it. i was going to use mimeoplasm but i can't bring myself to exile my favorite creatures so it uses damia instead. it would probably work decently well with mimeoplasm too i guess

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sultai-bullshit-2/?cat=type&sort=

it's a little strong for my group so it's very light on wincon stuff. in fact i usually just slot in mechanized production and try to win by copying the sad robot 8 times
>>
File: trevas-ruins-cropped.jpg (137KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
trevas-ruins-cropped.jpg
137KB, 464x664px
>>54974055
Sarkhan Unbroken, Maelstrom Nexus, Wild Pair, Descendant's Path, Belbe's Portal, Temur Ascendancy, Zendikar Resurgent, Utvara Hellkite, Scourge of Valkas and as far as lands are concerned Lairs are pretty fucking good as a budget way to fix your mana the turn they come in and also incredibly flavorful
>>
>>54974739
Lairs are painfully awful m8
>>
>>54974787
They come in untapped and so they don't slow you down
>>
>>54974820
>don't slow you down
>have to bounce one of your lands to your hand

They don't slow you down the turn you play them but put you behind a land for the rest of the game.
>>
>>54974820
Basics
>turn 1 basic
>turn 2 basic
>turn 3 basic
3 mana on turn 3 onward

Karoos/bouncelands
>turn 1 basic
>turn 2 karoo, bounce basic
>turn 3 basic
3 mana on turn 3 onward

Lairs
>turn 1 basic
>turn 2 lair, bounce basic
>turn 3 basic
2 mana on turn 3 onward

They're absolute garbage
>>
>>54974859
At least they give you the colors you need instead of not being able to cast shit because you got color screwed
>>
File: 2a5.jpg (27KB, 316x572px) Image search: [Google]
2a5.jpg
27KB, 316x572px
>>54974820
>returns a land to your hand
>doesn't slow you down
>>
>>54974876
Also Karoos synergize with Amulet of Vigor.
>>
>>54974881
There are so many cheap alternatives for color fixing. I would rather play a Seaside Citadel tapped than Treva's Ruins in 99% of all situations. The only way I can see lairs being playable over other lands is for decks that want lands to go in the graveyard like Git Gud frog and Titania, and those aren't the right identity.
>>
File: hbdjk.jpg (267KB, 1239x445px) Image search: [Google]
hbdjk.jpg
267KB, 1239x445px
>>54974055
Mass reanimation and a bunch of haste enablers to let your dragons do stuff before hitting the bin.
>>
>>54974942
Is it so bad to miss a land drop to color fix?
>>
>>54974966
When you can color fix without missing land drops? Yes.
>>
>>54974966
Unless your deck runs tons of "Play an extra land this turn" effects, you're going to get burned. People will be playing their 5-drops while you're still on 4-drops.
>>
>>54974966
Yes, you should combo off by t6, this isnt Durdle: the Durdlening
>>
>>54974966
Yes. A tapland puts you behind for one turn. A Lair puts you behind for the rest of the game.
>>
>>54974960
Is there anything urza didn't have? I mean he even had sunglasses.
>>
>>54974966
Holy fuck, are you incapable of rational thought?
>>
>>54975017
A conscience.
>>
>>54974966
When you have access to checklands, painlands, fastlands and signets as cheap colorfixing options for the suckers without ABUR duals and fetches then yeah.
>>
>>54975021
I mean my rational thought was that i miss land drops costantly but i never had a real problem with that and still won plenty of games
>>
>>54975017
A loyal wife.
>>
>>54975041
>tfw the only difference between Urza and Yawgmoth is who found Phyrexia first
>>
>t1 play a land
>t2 play a lair
>in response someone stripmines your land for the keks
>lair goes to the gy
>0 mana on t3
>Play fetch, crack it
>gets stiffled
>pack up an go home
>play standard next week
>get desert damaged t1
>>
>>54975089
Eventually missing land drops because you run out of card draw/filtering is inevitable. Missing land drops because you run cards that force you to miss land drops is shooting yourself in the foot.
>>
>>54975089
Most decks don't hit a land drop every single turn, so in theory you will cath cup with your drops, but if you begin the game with 2-3 lands in your opener and one of them is a lair, there's a good chance you will be put behind on lands for several turns. What this means is your board state will likely be lacking compared to your opponents. That one land drop gives you a massive tempo loss in the early game.
>>
>>54971541
>vintage
More like trash bintage
>>
>>54975133
>>54975132
Well rip liars, i hardly knew ye.
Thought they were a good idea and added tons of flavor to biglizards.dec
also digits guys, i don't know how you managed to do that
>>
Which will be more effective and fun, A Kess spellslinger deck, or a Mairsil jank deck?

Does Mairsil cage trigger more than once if he had blade of selves?
>>
>>54975406
What part of "activated ability" you do not understand? Only ability she would have from the card is the equip ability, which does nothing whenever Mairsil is a creature
>>
>>54966551
Ramos
>>
>>54975461
>she
I think he means if Mairsil is equipped with it. He can still hold equipment.
>>
>>54975461
I should have said when he had it equipped, but it should've been obvious.
>>
>>54975406
>effective
>fun
pick one
>>
>>54975461
You know you can just equip blade right
>>
>>54975532
I think it would work, as the copies ETB so cause CAGE before legend SBA, and the wording is "cards with cage" not "cards exiled with this ability"
>>
>untapped says deck costs $820
>didn't spend nearly that much on it

Where the fuck do they get their prices?
>>
>>54975705
TCGPlayer mid I think. If you ordered off there you probably paid around closer to the listed low price.
>>
>>54975705
jews
>>
File: hisv.jpg (17KB, 386x382px) Image search: [Google]
hisv.jpg
17KB, 386x382px
>>54975406
>Kess, Kingmaker
>35 lands
>64 counterspells
When Kess , Kingmaker omes into play Choose 2 players, they dont win this game
Counter 128 spells
>>
>>54975799
It's still really only 64 counterspells since half of them can only be played on your turn.
>>
>>54974435
Care to provide proof or is this just you using the term to apply to card that doesn't fit you /ccg/ standards?
>>
>>54975532
>>54975595
>>54975651
For some reason I thought that anon thought that attacking with Mairsil would give BoS trigger if it was caged.
Anyway, if equipped, Mairsil copies are created, ETB abilities trigger, SBA kills all but one, then ETBs are put on the stack.
>>
>>54975799
You can use boiled granny's ability only on your turn though
>>
What happens if you make a copy of a Morph creature? Just a 2/2 with no ability to unmorph?
>>
>>54976636
Yeah, it's a 2/2 with no abilities or creature types. Same way that if you'd Clone baby Jace and flipped it, Clone would just stay in exile
>>
>>54975115
>on a mulligan to 6
>t1 enlightened tutor for land tax because I expect the game to go long
>opponents assume I'm mana-starved (I'm not)
>opp 1 skips their second land drop
>opp 2 plays a karoo land while gloating
>play land tax, strip mine the karoo, carry on as usual
This was a free kick to the balls to both opponents. Why would anyone try to play around land tax?
>>
File: 1481990605742.png (253KB, 456x343px) Image search: [Google]
1481990605742.png
253KB, 456x343px
So what do you guys think about knocking someone out of the game early? Like a kaalia+master of cruelties thing.
>>
>TFW the last EDH deck I played before I finally quit magic was G/U Ezuri with infect creatures.

>TFW if I had the money required I would make a broken Ezuri or Mimeoplasm deck again.
>>
>>54977228
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5-iJUuPWis
>>
>>54977532
>Casual EDH with friends
>Professional Sports
Anon. 99% of people who play EDH play for fun with friends or acquaintances. They don't play professional sports for money.
>>
File: semblance anvil.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
semblance anvil.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>54974960
>>
>>54976706
>Clone would just stay in exile

No, it comes back in, it just won't be transformed. It'll enter the battlefield with the Clone effect, so you'd be able to copy something else or even Jace again. If you have a haste effect, you could chew through your entire deck if you can keep copying Jace.
>>
>>54977228
Ultimately it always depends if the playgroup is ok with that, but for me, it will depend on if your deck tries to beat everyone as fast, or if it beats the first guy and then takes 2 hours to beat the other two.
>>
File: images (12).jpg (28KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
images (12).jpg
28KB, 312x445px
>>54976636
Would be a shame if someone..... morphed the while board
>>
>>54977649
No.
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/shadows-over-innistrad-mechanics
Go read that and tell me why you're wrong.
>>
>>54977666
I'm wrong because I got the rug pulled out from under me when I wasn't looking.
>>
>>54977717
Also cause of my sweet digits.
>>
>>54977770
You were overeager.
>>
>>54977228
It depends on the context if your group and the current game.

If it's a casual setting and before turn 6, then I'll offer them a deal;
>I won't kill you if you promise not to attack me during your next 2 turns
Or something like that.
It creates the illusion that they have some agency in their own survival. If you just straight up show mercy then it removes some tension from the game, so I like to pretend that I'm furthering my own agenda through their survival.
Obviously I wouldn't extend this offer to combo players or anything like that. You've got to maintain some threat assessment.
>>
>>54977664
Oh wow, never realized the art was by Terese Nielsen. Doesn't draw a lot of monster-ish creatures.
>>
>>54977826
Its basically a turd with legs, like the rest of her art
>>
>>54977861
>he doesn't like Terese Nielsen's art
Unironically kys.
>>
>>54977861
You shut your whore mouth
>>
>>54977861
You've gotten it confused with your mirror.
>>
>>54977881
>>54977900
>>54977915
This triggers the /tg/
>>
File: 1477073226847.jpg (32KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
1477073226847.jpg
32KB, 1200x630px
>>54977861
>I don't like things that are popular. Am I cool yet guys?
>>
>>54977942
Yes. I have PTSD after witnessing a horrific case of shit taste. Every time I see anything like it I remember those moments
>>
File: e43c8ca82f99f373132b890609e4a737.jpg (613KB, 2242x1606px) Image search: [Google]
e43c8ca82f99f373132b890609e4a737.jpg
613KB, 2242x1606px
>>54977861
>like the rest of her art
The rest of her art is just her drawing herself or abstract 2deep4u shit like pic related.
>>
>>54978595
Who is your favorite Magic artist, anon?
>>
>>54978595
>card called descendant's path
>draw a picture with understandable imagery conveying this meaning
>2deep4u

You're an idiot
>>
>>54978595
What's so deep about this art? It is literally illustrating the name of the card.
>>
>>54977861
>>54978595
At least her art is nice to look at, unlike all the same-y conplete shit CGI art we have now.
>>
File: Ajani's Aid.jpg (1MB, 1367x937px) Image search: [Google]
Ajani's Aid.jpg
1MB, 1367x937px
>>54978595
I wasn't aware that Terese Nielsen was a cat person.
>>
>>54978608
Chippy, shits all over half nelson and rebecca gay
Get back on your shit art bandwagon with the rest of the sheep, you probably like avon lands too you degenerate
>>
>>54978682
I like RKF and Kev Walker
>>
>>54978626
>>54978661
Please think "modern" art is too abstract and therefore pretentious. They just don't understand that symbolism is just supposed to give you a specific idea instead of literally drawing the concept, particularly with intangible concepts, like ideas and love or whatnot.
>>
>>54978700
Rkf and maddocks were the original OGs, the foglios however can die in an anime fire
>>
>>54978682
>rest of the sheep
>likes Chippy
Yeah, because everyone hates chippy. He IS one of the popular mtg artists.
>>
>>54978743
Quit being a toolbag any time my man
>>
>>54978806
Never, it's my God given right to call out charlatans.
>>
Come one guys stop arguing, we all know that Swanland is the artist for true patricians
>>
>>54978766
Thats because he is actually good
>>
>>54978848
Raymond Swanland can fuck himself with a spike.
>>54978858
>someone actually spent time making this
>>54978874
>Chippy is popular because he's good.
>Nielsen and Guay are popular because people are sheep.
Sure thing boss.
>>
>>54978883
He probably has a spike fetish
>>
>>54978858
Ok that was pretty funny
>>
>>54978883
800 hours in mspaint
but seriously im on my phone, its fucking impossible to find good apps to edit 2 picures at once, thanks for the (you) tho
>>
I like Wayne Reynolds, maybe the most out of any artist though don't hold me to that, I like Terese and Jesper Ejsing too off the top of my head, and I'm not ashamed.
>>
File: Path to Exile.jpg (257KB, 890x469px) Image search: [Google]
Path to Exile.jpg
257KB, 890x469px
>>54978952
I can't enjoy Wayne Reynolds after playing Pathfinder. My personal fave is Todd Lockwood.
>>
>>54978969
I just love his style. The shapes are interesting and I like the comic book like shading. It's very distintive and doesn't fit every world though. They've toned back on him and I think he mostly does concept work now. I still wish I could get the flip walker SDCC promos because they are done by him.
>>
File: images (15).jpg (20KB, 351x420px) Image search: [Google]
images (15).jpg
20KB, 351x420px
>yfw these damn 2017 commander kiddies keep trying to out grixis you
>>
File: Fistful.png (401KB, 400x605px) Image search: [Google]
Fistful.png
401KB, 400x605px
>>54979003
>mfw there's a new spellslinger in town
>>
>>54978952
Oh, and Tyler Jacobson.
>>
You guys are complaining about artists that are pretty good. It's not shit like most of the neo-eldrazis, or most of kaladesh.
>>
>>54978747
You take that shit back fucker. The Foglios are goddamn brilliant. Seeing abstract/light-hearted art in this game sets off your autism, doesn't it?
>>
>>54978747
You shut that whore mouth before I shit it for you, Phil and Kaja are the best
>>
God Tier
>RKF
>Guay
>Nielsen
>Chippy
>McNiell
>Foglios
>McKinnon
>Baga
>Hoover
>Mohrbacher
>Tucker
>Weber
Great Tier
>Hamm
>Ejsing
>Yee
>Walker
>Lyon
>Villanueve
>Spencer
>Reynolds
>Old Swanland
>Fisher
>Waters
>Brom
>Tedin
>Bradley
>Rahn
>Prescott
>Belledin
>Baxa
>Bliss
Garbage Tier
>Argyle
>Meehan
>Winters
>Stanko
>>
>>54979402
I just don't see what people see in the Foglios. Seb McKinnon is a good artist but I don't always love his style (though sometimes I really do love it). I forgot Volkan Baga. He's the shit. Add him to my list. I also like Min Yum. I like Magali lastname when I really like them, but sometimes I really hate them.
>>
>>54979402
>RKF listed first
As it should be.
>>
>>54979402
>Stanko

What a tragic name
>>
File: adrian-smith-cover-drawing3fin.jpg (564KB, 1291x1920px) Image search: [Google]
adrian-smith-cover-drawing3fin.jpg
564KB, 1291x1920px
>nobody posted Adrian Smith yet
>>
>>54979510
Not bad, but goddamn, now I wanna see Volkan Baga do 40K Imperium stuff.
>>
File: Volkan Baga (4).png (537KB, 692x499px) Image search: [Google]
Volkan Baga (4).png
537KB, 692x499px
>>54979540
>Maybe I can be your Eldar tonight...
>>
>>54978986
>>54978937
You know i used to bash Wayne Reynolds in these threads but recently I've come around on his stuff.

His black and white/ grayscale stuff is truly impressive and a great use of the medium. I do still feel very hit or miss about his full color work. Like I really hope it's not a situation where companies kind of pushed him into doing full color when he could've just been dropping bomb ass ink after bomb ass ink. Either way, seems like he's been getting better about rendering/posing in some of his more recent stuff, so. What more can you really ask eh?
>>
>>54979581
>I do still feel very hit or miss about his full color work. Like I really hope it's not a situation where companies kind of pushed him into doing full color when he could've just been dropping bomb ass ink after bomb ass ink.
I don't know enough about art to criticize things like this, but this would explain why he's very good at concept art. Like I said, he doesn't do card art very much anymore afaik, but he still contributes greatly to concept art.
>>
File: b3ddd0f3ed13d62a9a52396b0dacdd18.jpg (761KB, 968x1397px) Image search: [Google]
b3ddd0f3ed13d62a9a52396b0dacdd18.jpg
761KB, 968x1397px
>>54979471
Damn, Baga really has a fuckhuge boner for renaissance, uh?
>>
File: 32.jpg (87KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
87KB, 312x445px
>>54979402
Highly disagree with Spencer and Reynolds being in Great Tier.

Spencer certainly has long history and iconic style but he knows how to do like one texture for the objects and the frame is more often than not too fucking busy.

Reynolds makes really bland fantasystuff and his anatomy and postures are very awkward. D&D is a good containment zone for him thus having less time for mtg art.
>>
>>54979603
Yeah I don't think he's done a lot of MTG stuff but i've seen him around in the RPG zone of late. Good he's doing concept stuff, I can imagine the B&W experience helps him cut through unnecessary drawing.
>>
>>54979704
Eh, no, I greatly disagree that Wayne Reynolds makes "bland fantasy" art. His art is extremely distinctive, it would never got lost in a see of like fantasy art. For any criticism you might give him like anatomy and posture, being bland is not one I would suggest.
>>
>>54979471
Yeah, a lot of Magali Villenueve's stuff is meh, but when it's good it's just so damn amazing. Licia and Trueheart Duelist (the promo) come to mind. As for the Foglios, I personally love them for two reasons. First, the joyful, bouncy, vibrant style they both have combined with the humor in many of Phil's pieces (Gaseous Form and the original concept for Master Decoy come to mind). Second, Kaja's more abstract, serious stuff is just flat-out gorgeous. See Spirit Link, Swords to Plowshares, etc.
>>
>>54979743
Also, for the record, phil and kaja aren't exactly excellent artists in terms of anatomy or anything like that either.
>>
File: 87.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
87.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
>>54979402
Daarken where?
>>
>>54979767
For me a really sweet recent Magali piece I liked was Rashmi. I actually don't like Licia that much because I think she's a little too busy for me, and because of the soft shading style things kind of blur together for me.
>>
>>54979777
Looks like he fucked up royally by adding too much black. It's like soneone has turned up the contrast to "too much"
>>
>>54979681
That and whatever the hell he does to get that black detailing (whatever the hell you call it) everywhere. I can't complain, his shit is amazing.
>>
File: korlashheirtoblackbladePRE.jpg (33KB, 231x319px) Image search: [Google]
korlashheirtoblackbladePRE.jpg
33KB, 231x319px
>>54979777
I thought there was one Korlash art.
>>
File: 80.jpg (54KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
80.jpg
54KB, 312x445px
>>54979807
Maybe, the vibe I get from the art is more Knight Horror from the art, I think it's fine though.
>>54979817
I think both are alright.
>>
>>54979402
izzy?
>>
File: reynolds-4e-dungeon-delve.jpg (70KB, 454x649px) Image search: [Google]
reynolds-4e-dungeon-delve.jpg
70KB, 454x649px
>>54979743
Maybe we understand the word bland a bit differently then. I didn't mean that it's not distinctive. I just think that it screams stock flavorless D&D fantasy art. Not sure how to explain it.
Also he makes absolutely nonsensical plate armors. I'm not the one to cry "muh realism" but this just reeks of bad fantasy.
>>
>>54979681
I actually made an error, he's all about neoclassical stuff not renaissance, it's just that neoclassicism itself is all about getting back to renaissance
>>
>>54979402
What about Avon?
>>
>>54979704
>>54979743
Tierlists are for the fucking birds anyway but yeah, Wayne does monsters like none other. The harshness of his shadows really works well for a lot of creatures.
But pretty women with boob windows? leave that to someone else, maybe. At this point I'm willing to blame half of his bad pieces on the art director that thought "Yeah let's have this guy with a harsh graphic style draw THIS THING"

Is he "Great Tier'? Who the fuck knows or cares. His stuff doesn't blend into the sea of "Decently well technically drawn and rendered, no sense of design" artists on mtg today. That's all i need.
Maybe that's also the AD's fault, who knows.
>>
>>54979900
He's Land Tier
>>
>>54979807
Pretty sure that's intentional. He's just oozing black mana all over the picture. I love it.
>>54979777
Just below Great Tier. He's got some good stuff but a ton of very underwhelming stuff IMO.
>>54979704
Spencer's stuff being too busy is a fair criticism, yeah. On the other hand, I think he's a lot more versatile than you make him sound. He can do goofy/cute and terrifying equally well, if you don't mind them being rounded and glossy.
>>
File: cardart_overwhelm.jpg (187KB, 700x450px) Image search: [Google]
cardart_overwhelm.jpg
187KB, 700x450px
>>54979879
Well, to be fair, most of his art IS stock flavorless D&D art. But if that's what you mean, he can do in world stuff too. Concepting is what he does most for Magic as a matter of fact. Like this art, ignoring the selesnya trees as a give away, it LOOKS like it belongs to Selesnya and nothing else.

Also I can kinda get that, his style is really over the top and meant to be "cool". I like that but I can see how someone might think it's too tryhardy or something.
>>
>>54979924
I actually like his balloon tit windows. Mostly for the stylization. His women are not especially sexy or anything.
>>
>>54978667
no magic art is cgi. stop saying this. you sound like a moron.
>>
File: 104.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
104.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>54979929
>Just below great
I can settle for that, a lot of his cards are powerhouses as well.
>>
>>54979957
>>54979957
>>54979957
New thread
>>
>>54979196
>>54979341
Both foglio "art" looks like sonic-x-anime a15yo girl uploaded on deviant art

>Darquephyre Blayze
>>
>>54970856
Got a list for Patron of the Moon?
>>
>>54968954
>if your deck can't function without a commander it's not a good deck.

No that makes it a highlander deck you twat
>>
>>54973127
She isn't playable outside of EDH
>>
>>54970370
>>54970590

You can't respond because the Scrambleverse has already resolved in the original question.

The question is merely to figure out if you were the type of player to laugh at the situation or get upset and leave. I don't know why but everytime I have cast a Warp World or a Scrambleverse in my game there is 1 person in a 4 player game who gets visibly upset by it all.
>>
File: Image (2).jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).jpg
35KB, 223x310px
Any suggestions for building this bad boy? Besides the obvious like Meren, Shriekmaw, etc.

Planning on stealing people's creatures, then Ashnod's-ing all of them for maximum Ork power.
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.