[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey lads, been running a little game set in relatively modern

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: melty pepe.png (49KB, 453x342px) Image search: [Google]
melty pepe.png
49KB, 453x342px
Hey lads, been running a little game set in relatively modern times with mysteries and such, and I just had a hell of a session.
>months and months without my game because we were waiting on another player that we've now had to write out, game gets reputation for never running/having lazy GM despite it not being on me
>plan to run after friend GMs a game
>friend's game gets pushed back
>"eh, maybe I will run it on next Thursday, does that work for you boys?"
>"Yeah, sure"
>days pass, it's today, Saturday
>"hey you're never gonna GM the game lol"
>"hey gm the game today lol"
>meanwhile don't have all the content i need for the session
>"I can't come on guys, I'm not ready yet"
>they insist, "just gm it lmao you never run it"
>"Uhhh, okay, sure, I'll get to it, I guess"
>run it
>try to set up a little thing with one of the players that he insisted be a thing where he played a father of one of the villains as a side part to the story, planning to use it as backup content
>player that insisted we do this, even goign so far to draw a picture for their new father character changes their mind and says, "no lmao run the game we were promised not this bullshit"
>have to just run without it I guess fuck
>get through the little content I had which isn't played through fully, as I expected(it was planned to have other moments where it could continue), and without the extra time I had wanted and without player cooperation, I don't have a backup
>snap at them
>one of them acts incredibly indignant and says "you're really killing the mood, dude, I'm out"
>leaves
>other person just shrugs and leaves

What am I supposed to do when this sort of thing happens? I'm always looking to improve as a GM, so I come to you /tg/ for suggestions.
>>
>>54959257
>Uhhh, okay, sure, I'll get to it, I guess
Lmao i really hope this is made up and you aren't that beta.
>>
Fuck off, frogposter.
>>
>>54959308
I'm trying to be accommodating, games are a group effort, are they not?
>>
>>54959257
Holy shit dude
Set your expectations a bit lower, and just get ready to game for these guys
COmmit to what you have, dont get waylaid by what yo udont have
Try harder to not kill the mood. He was right about you fucking up. Do better in the future
>>
>>54959337
No. Do your thing and rely on players only for feedback after the game. Don't follow player's orders and don't wait for those who don't show up. (Unless it's a group of friends of course, but if your post is about a group of friends you are even worse then i thought)
>>
>>54959388
Like I said, I didn't have enough for a full session, if I just committed to that it would've lasted 15 minutes.
>>54959398
It's a group of friends
>>
>>54959441
>It's a group of friends
Lmao
>>
>>54959449
I'm sorry if I come off as a bad friend, but it was very stressful when they forced me to run before I had promised to have the session ready.
>>
>>54959615
so yeah, you fucked up
do better next time
>>
>>54959742
How? Should I have the content completely prepared the day after I run the previous session, in case they ask me to run before I'm ready? It's not quite feasible on my schedule. I want to improve, but I'm not sure how, that's why I posted.
>>
>>54959776
Pls admit this is just funposting. I am starting to feel bad for you.
>>
>>54960257
No, I'm being serious. Is there something the matter? I'm kind of new to tabletop games as of a few months ago, so I'm not sure on the etiquette.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.