[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 380
Thread images: 26

File: ww.png (355KB, 731x360px) Image search: [Google]
ww.png
355KB, 731x360px
Previous thread: >>54932100
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/a-brief-respite-before-the-deluge-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
So what do you think of the Contagion Chronicle?
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
>>54947917
>So what do you think of the Contagion Chronicle?
I think that the Magefags have finally gotten their way. Now we will never have a book helping us nerf them down to appeasable levels.

I also think you're a fag.
>>
>>54947917

Contagion Chronicle being related to Infrastructure is going to piss everyone off but I like that it's going back to the Horror Recognition Guide. I still wish it was just a big book of mechanical and thematic crossover advice, though.
>>
Hunter players: What's the most fun hunt your cell ever went on?

Also general Hunter storytime, oWoD and CofD
>>
>>54947917
Contagion sounds great.

The idea of the different creeps getting infected by a GM virus will be interesting.

It is clearly their attempt at a 'contained and optional' metaplot book. With templates (so therefore mechanics) and other fun involved. In that way, it should be enjoyable for all sorts if they can get past needing to read a book that is in the end about the God-Machine.
>>
>>54948038

To be fair, the plot they'reusing predates Demon by years.
>>
>>54947962
Our party successfully hunting and killing the most dangerous prey. A rogue Obemos master mage. Arrogant fucker thought he was invincible little did he know our resident sniper had a single blessed anti-magic bullet forged by a vengeful God. Mage SUPREMACY my ass
>>
File: Kamuel.jpg (147KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Kamuel.jpg
147KB, 720x960px
>>54947917
I'm not big on GM stuff so the infrastructure mention on Contagion has me "Ehhhhh"

>>54947664
I would have imagined Geist getting a supplement on the Underworld of all things.

>>54947647
Don't think I have too much to storytime for characters that I have images for. I mean there's a hell of a lot to storytime if I was doing someone like Tito. My Promethean, First Mage and Deviant technically have a bit worth storytiming but it really comes down to me playing with some players that clashed hard with each other, didn't understand what they were doing and ultimately ended games prematurely, wouldn't really be too fun to talk about.

In terms of more pictures though, here's this a picture I got for another player that I play with.

This is his Demon the Fallen character, Kamuel. He had him as the former archangel of judgement that fell and was locked in a box underground for loooooong time. He got broken out by some demons and met a mage pc based off of Venkman from Ghostbusters. He basically made an effort to atone and prevent the Wyrm from awakening.
>>
>>54948093

Geist isn't anywhere near done yet, you're crazy if you expected a supplement.
>>
File: 14910552929940.gif (2MB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
14910552929940.gif
2MB, 270x188px
>>54948118

Hunter literally had a supplement book announced and it's further behind Geist. Figured they would have named one of the supplements that the dev teased to wanting to get around after the core rulebook is released that he mentioned in the forums.
>>
>>54948158
>Hunter is further behind Geist

How do you figure? Geist has had fuck-all for Open Development whereas Hunter is already talking mechanics.
>>
>>54948069
How many more bullets do you have?

None.
>>
>>54948093
Has there been any major fluff change on the underworld?
>>
>>54948093
It is just the paint being used on the canvas I bet.

The important thing is going to be infected werewolves, mages, and vampires doing crazy stuff.

Like >>54948055 pointed out to me, it is from that hunter 1e book that predates all the GM/Demon stuff so maybe it has nothing to do with the GM.
>>
Dumbasses. God tier shitheads can alter Templates. Archmages can do it, why not the God-Machine?
>>
>>54948214
Whoa, whoa, calm down hoss.
>>
>>54948202

Well, the announcement explicitly calls out Infrastructure being infected, but it makes it seem like whatever the Contagion is it's fucking up the God-Machine just as much as everyone else. The Hunter stuff mentioned is an alternate universe full of weird human harvesting machinery and scary biomechanical stuff.
>>
>>54948069
Good job, must have been an endgame enemy for elite hunters.

But now you gotta tell me how the hell you got a bullet blessed by a god.
>>
File: 3367763-3260367711-cv__r.jpg (112KB, 736x1086px) Image search: [Google]
3367763-3260367711-cv__r.jpg
112KB, 736x1086px
>>54948196
Well if we have to put down another shitty awakened master we can always ask the Vengeful God for another one.
>>
Are there any books like Werewolf 2e's "The Pack" for Changeling? Detailing potential interactions with non changelings?
>>
>>54948214
Wasn't it proposed that an Archmage might have built the God-Machine as a way to raise it back up to godhood?

>Mage Supremacy behind the Contagion
>>
>>54948232
I bet the God-Machine did more of its stupid dimensional gateway opening, and someone broke open the door on our end or theirs.

So the contagion-verse is leaking.
>>
>>54948245
>needs a god to deal with mages

I guess that's ok. It just makes Mage seem even more powerful.
>>
>>54948245
I see your god and raise you one archmage
>>
Any reason Deviant isn't in the pastebin?
>>
>>54948170
Onyx Path themselves said Geist 2e is now the next corebook release following after Changeling. Geist 2e has also been in the development stage on the monday update notes for weeks while Hunter's still only in redlines. They already had a lot of the stuff worked out for Geist 2e apparently, the dev has teased quite a bit of info regarding it on their forums, but hasn't done any open development blog posts at all. Probably too focused on wanting the book out rather than talking about it.

>>54948201
Well not much has been revealed but I guess. There are no more Deathlords, but instead there are now "Cthonic Gods" in their place, to get rid of Exalted confusion. Cthonians are the Underworld's natural inhabitants and ghosts are basically immigrants. Ye Olde Sin-Eaters/Bound also used to be attached to Cthonians rather than Geist.

Not that it hasn't been mentioned before but there are many, many rivers of death. There's also that the entire Underworld used to be flooded as the Ocean of Fragments back in the day but the water level kept on sinking and still is apparently, leading it to the state that it is today. It is a mystery as to what caused the drain, but hey it might be tied into Age of Piracy Geist & Mage.

That's about all the major 2e Underworld related info so far.
>>
>>54948291
It hasn't been released yet.
>>
>>54948291

Because it's not fucking out yet?
>>
So are ghosts like spirits but worse? I'm not entirely sure what they can do.
>>
>>54948069
Please tell me your sniper risked. That'd make victory so much sweeter.

Actually, that made me think of another question. Do you tend to risk for what's the most thematic? Or do you try and use it in wise places to regain your willpower strategically for maximum efficiency?
>>
>>54948298
>May be tied to Age of Piracy

I mean, probably not too much. Evidently it was already draining way back in the Neolithic era. So the draining is 'natural'?

If someone is causing it to do that when it shouldn't, then man we sure have taken a long time to look into that leak.
>>
>>54948314
>>54948315
Huh. Could have sworn it existed. Thought I saw some people post about them playing it.

Oh well, thanks guys.
>>
>>54948328
They share some mechanics. Thematically, no. WoD is an animistic world - it's why it's just a shitheap. Spirits are spirits of things and places and concepts and interested in empowering those. Ghosts are echoes and fragments of living beings. They share the same state - Twilight - but a different 'wavelength' and a different afterworld (The shadow vs the Underworld). They tend to respond and possess strong emotion - repeating the same thing over and over again, for example.

Ghosts as a rule will probably be a lot more killy than most Spirits, but that's a thematic thing. Eventually they take on a 'life' of their own. Old ghosts can be pretty unpleasant things, especially if they haven't broken the 'early life' conditioning. A rank 2-3 ghost haunting a building is bad. A rank 5 one is a real fucking problem for everyone.
>>
>>54948298

The Underworld was already draining back in the prehistoric era. I doubt the difference between now and the 1750s is huge.
>>
>>54948243
Yeah you bet we are elite and yeah that mage was out endgame foe. We only even learned about him because one of our players girlfriend was a mage and her cabal was having alot of trouble with this rogue master.
>>54948253
>>54948259
It wasn't really a God. It was an extremely powerful and extremely angry abyssal entity that held a personal grudge against the rogue mage that foiled a ritual that would have summoned him into the fallen world. Basically he gave us a bullet made of pure paradox.
>>
Isn't the underworld also supposed to be broken? Whatever was supposed to happen to the ghosts of the dead isn't happening.
>>
>>54948340

From the sounds of it the draining isn't natural. I think one of the mentioned things for Geist 2e is looking into history and lore of Sin-Eater, Geist and Underworld culture which has been lost to time.
>>
>>54948335
Not only did he risk but if the bullet failed to hit the Mage the Abyssal entity gets to use his body as a portal into their world
>>
>>54948390
In that it's draining, yeah. Diving into the ocean and letting go of everything is your fate as a ghost.
>>
>>54948400
>>54948392
Good point. The Neolithic section in Dark Eras talks about how as the bits of land rise from the ocean, the ghosts all cling to it and stay there instead of sinking into oblivion.

Now they have whole continents down there, packed to the brim with ghosts.

Not a good situation. No wonder so many of them just don't pass on, and stay in twilight.
>>
>>54948347
Oh that was probably me in the last thread, I had a DM that liked the announcement news of Deviant but was too impatient to wait for the game to come out so a game was homebrewed in what he imagined Deviant would be like. Funny enough I think all the stuff we did in that campaign would probably be very easily converted into the main game.
>>
How many ghosts can a Moros have under his/her sway? Is building an army of the damned a feasible goal? What about Thyrsus and spirits?

What's the maximum rank of a ghost/spirit a mage can enslave?
>>
>>54948456
Masters can enslave rank 5s
>>
>>54948375
> It wasn't really a God. It was an extremely powerful and extremely angry abyssal entity.

Damn anon, your cell is really playing with fire there.

How elite of Hunters are we talking, my highest exp Hunter ended the game with 153 regular and practical experience (CofD 2nd edition exp rules, so this was with beats) spent on himself. Not counting the practical exp we spent on tactics. Admittedly he started with like 30 exp/prac total, already seasoned.
>>
>he thinks an abyssal entity wouldn't eat non-magical normies

boy, hunters are fodder to the things mages deal with on a daily basis
>>
>>54948456
>How many ghosts can a Moros have under his/her sway?
As many as you can reasonably cast the spells to enslave, or convince you're friendly. You quickly find out that needing to cast spells over and over is pretty disgusting.
>Is building an army of the damned a feasible goal?
Sort of? Might be a better idea to ingratiate yourself with the Carthians, or find a draugr nest. You could concievably take up Prime and a Hallow and learn to imbue something that feeds off the hallow to raise corpses, *then* create something else that helps maintain the spells.
>What about Thyrsus and spirits?
See above. Thyrsus have it a bit easier in that they can fuck with and create hallows, as well as muck with the gauntlet.
>>
>>54948512
Loci, not hallows. Oops.
>>
>>54948512
You would have to keep casting the spell? Even if it's Indefinite? Damn. I was hoping to have a loyal army of domineered wraiths.
>>
>>54948456
>How many ghosts can a Moros have under his/her sway?
As many as their spell's factors and wisdom allow.

>Is building an army of the damned a feasible goal?
Sure. Find a graveyard of the restless dead and wake the freeloaders up.

>What about Thyrsus and spirits?
Sure. Works slightly different but still doable.

>What's the maximum rank of a ghost/spirit a mage can enslave?
Rank 5 which would be like the Spirit of a great city like London or New York etc.
>>
>>54948566
Spell permanence might be worth it to you. Or you could summon suitable candidates and make deals with them instead of relying on magic to compel their obedience directly.
>>
>>54948566
A spell would force them to serve you. A wiser, if harder, course of action would be to ask them nicely.
>>
>>54948566
If it's indefinite, no, but you've got to release the spell then. If you do it unsafely, things are going to get weird. The only benefit to recasting the spell is that you don't need to worry about massive spell-overflow and reach problems.
>>
>>54948479
I can't remember how much exp we had but it was like our third campaign. It was probably close too 200 I would think more or less
>>54948499
The entity had a win win situation. Either we kill the Mage with the bullet or we fail and he can use our body to manifest in the fallen world
>>
>mage loses an arm

If I reattach it using magic, it's Lasting right?
But if I grow it back, it's only Indefinite?
>>
What are the actual benefits of going Tremere?

It seems like a huge waste to reap souls at a rate such as theirs. Why not hop into another body (dick move, but still) or just use Deny the Reaper to prolong their life without resorting to any douchebaggery?
>>
>>54948707
They're expanded greatly in left-hand path. They have a whole culture and basically get a 'second' legacy based on their house.
>>
>>54948707
Because they are the Sith.
So they have to take the goofy mustache-twirling path to more power instead of just following the route everyone knows works.
>>
>>54948724
>They have a whole culture

Are they friendly to each other?
>>
>>54948707
If you look, there are a few ways of easy immortality in the corebook, But the main part is that they need to be done as indefinite spells - it just takes one really irritable mage, or wandering into an ansho or ansho-esque thing, to undo it and end you.
>>
>>54948798
Yes, but they have a kill on site when encountering other 'reapers' i.e. soul eating legacies. They are duty bound to genocide the legacy and form it into a new set of attainments for a tremre house. Its not looked down upon if they fail, but they're supposed to try.
>>
>>54948820
Some spells aren't Indefinite though. Namely Deny the Reaper.

It goes against the Moros mindset though.
>>
>>54948822
So wait, they actually help out by killing other douchebag mages? Interesting. If only for their own gain, though.
>>
>>54948856
It'd say it was lasting if that was so. It doesn't - and one of the reach effects flat out said it has a duration.
>>
>>54948864
Help out, aka kill mages who try to get an in on their food supply.
>>
>>54948856
I think the spell itself only works on specific things, such as body parts and objects.

>>54948868
That's only the Reach effect.
>>
>>54948707
Another aspect that others haven't touched on is that they're *the* experts on the soul.
>>
>>54948912
Yes. And it doesn't say that it vastly changes the spell. Lasting spells are noted. It's just a duration thing. It even says that mages who aren't liches can fuck with their lifespan in the book, but need to worry about one wrong spell.
>>
Wouldn't the easiest path to immortality be to found your own Legacy based on it? You can't really dispel Attainments.
>>
>>54948936
Yes. There are a few types of liches shown, and all would be Attainment manifestations. You've got the Tremere, sure. Then there are Morpheans -dream liches, who stalk the Temenos. Spirit-Liches are likely to be something similar to the Purified.

Hell, there's probably a few deranged Perfected Adepts who took Regeneration as an attainment and stopped aging all together. Then they lost it and now rejoice in pulling something out of Evangelion in front of sleepers by lopping off their limbs and growing them back because fuck paradox.
>>
>>54948936
Sure. But, dedicating your entire soul to the pursuit of immortality is going to raise more than just eyebrows within the diamond. The last thing they want is the creation of another Tremere house.

Not to mention that the pursuit of immortality and/or the fear of death is giving in to the lie. It's exactly what 'The Psychopomp' wants.
>>
>>54948977
I sometimes muse about a body part snatching Lich Legacy. Perfect for horror.

>>54949007
This brings up another question purely out of curiosity. Which of the factions would be the most tolerant of Lichdom?
>>
>>54949007
Wouldn't it just be giving you more time to ascend?

Why would it be seen as bad if you aren't negatively effecting others (like with say, a spirit-lich).
>>
>>54949062
I believe Dave has mentioned at one point that immortality might actually prevent one from Ascending. Something about being too tethered to the Fallen.
>>
>>54949037
Depends on how you became a Liche. As long as you can keep it on the down low without causing too much collateral damage I could see both the silver ladder and the mysterium turning a blind eye.
>>
>>54949062
There's a big chunk of cultural prejudice there because of the Tremere turning out to be turbocancer. And yeah, functionally, it's probably just giving you more time to ascend. But if you're cut off from a huge part of the world by confining yourself to the Shadow or the psychic dreamscapes, it's going to be harder.
>>54949071
I think he was talking about using excision practices to prevent you from being able to age to death, since you stopped being particularly human at that point.
>>
>>54949084
Huh, and here I thought the Free Council would be the lenient ones..
>>
>>54949096
This makes me wonder if Kadmon the Gardener made the mistake of going immortal.
>>
>>54949124
That probably wouldn't work just because so many of them would vote you out. They sway with the zeitgeist after all, and unless you live in lich central, that won't turn out well.

Then again, that could be a funny story. You go to a new town, the counsilium is like 'hey man, don't go to the assembly around here'.

You say 'screw that I'm Free Council for life!'.

Then go there and realize it is just lichtown, USA. Population, you and a bunch of soul suckers.
>>
>>54949150
Like the old joke about a gang that's nothing but undercover law enforcement agents. "Does anyone here NOT have a stolen soul? No? Wait, yes? Okay, now it's mine. Good. Let's work out how to eat the locals more efficiently."
>>
>>54949124
My logic is that being a Lich is a clear indicator that a mage isn't a huge fan of change. That sort of conservative thinking is more popular within the diamond and the seers.
>>
>>54947917
>Contagion Chronicle

Sort of meh about it, but curious enough to check out a more thorough write-up when it becomes avaliable.
>>
>>54949142
He's already an Archmaster. He can do whatever the fuck he wants.
>>
>>54949096
How 'human' an archmage is, is even more questionable, than the usual pondering about a Mage's humanity.
>>
>>54948298
Just as well, the Deathlords were a big whole in the line where someone forgot to put either fluff or a reason to care about them
>>
>>54949328
The cthonians aren't much better, if I remember right.

Well, I didn't read the extra supplements for Geist.
>>
>>54949367
At least you can say something for certain about the fucking cthonians, they played it way too coy with the deathlords. Also
>supplements
>plural
huehuehuehue
>>
>>54949393
Honestly I wasn't sure.

I read Geist, realized it was unplayable, then never looked back.
I wanted to love it, but man the game was so aimless. They may as well have just let fans write the second half of the culture and mechanics if they didn't feel like finishing it.
>>
>>54947939
What if the contagion nerfs mages though ??

I dont see why folk think they need nerfed or that "balance" wont just make all splats exactly the same but you know most people are retarded
>>
>>54949506
What is this, DnD 4e?

Do you really think it is possible that 'all splats could be the same' in this situation? That is completely nonsensical.

But that doesn't matter, because Contagion won't do any of that. Won't matter.
>>
Daily reminder that DaveB is the best writer OPP has and is practically Jesus
>>
>>54949548

Isnt that what people want when they say "balanced" splats?

Its utterly ridiculious.
>>
File: baitsh.jpg (11KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
baitsh.jpg
11KB, 236x236px
>>54949619
>>
>>54949610
You must get down on your knees and worship DaveB as the most evolved writer Onyx Path has even known, even better than Phil Brucatto!
>>
>>54949506
>What if the contagion nerfs mages though ??
It won't. At the most, it would just nerf them for them to be used for the crossover games in the book, although that isn't likely, as it apparently isn't a default crossover setting anymore. It's not like Mages would be nerfed all across the board even if it was. They would still be just as strong as always in their own books. Most people recommend nerfing Mages for your crossover games anyway. At best, a crossover book would just do that for you, if it did it at all.

I swear I can't tell you how much I appreciate player crossover and inter-splat balance not being a priority for these games at all.
>>
>>54949876

So do i. I really cant understand people who want it, i think its just all "Mages shit all over my fav splat" faggots.

Most probably havent even been in a crossover game with one, they just cannot stand it that another splat is just outright better.
>>
The latest V5 playtest can be downloaded from the www.worldofdarkess.com store if you have a GenCon coupon. Anyone have one?
>>
>>54950073
What aspect are they testing now? How far up your arse their penis can penetrate before you yell?
>>
>>54950157
FATAL would be an interesting design direction. I support Rolling for my characters anal depth at character creation. (With racial modifiers, we can assume the average mage can take a werewolf's knotted cock)
>>
>>54950184
>(With racial modifiers, we can assume the average mage can take a werewolf's knotted cock)
They can't.

Don't ask me how I know.
>>
>>54950157
Dunno, but the new playtest has been going on in GenCon. Nobody has reported on it yet, from what I can tell.
>>
>>54950204
Also supposedly the Gentleman Gamer worked on this playtest.
>>
>>54950220
Isn't that the guy who's kind of a tool and has that WoD dedicated YouTube channel?
>>
>>54950235
That's redundant
>>
>>54950220
>bringing in ecelebs for a playtest
haha it's going to be awful isn't it
>>
>>54950280
He help write the fucking bible morons, ofc he is going to be testing it.
>>
>>54950292
>bringing an eceleb on staff
you could have just said yes
>>
>>54950195
Your Thyrus have a Werewoof Waifu/Husbando?
>>
>>54950372
Your Moros have a Vampire Waifu/Husbando?
>>
>>54950384
Your Acanthus have a Changeling Waifu/Husbando?
>>
>>54950384
I think you mean Geist, you horrendous plebeian.
>>
File: 1437485748395.jpg (59KB, 809x808px) Image search: [Google]
1437485748395.jpg
59KB, 809x808px
>>54950372
>>54950384
>>54950412
>>54950454
Mastigos and Obrimos forever alone. Perhaps only good enough for each other
>>
>>54950235
Yeah. Maybe he will help the new playtest to be more digestible by non-Nordic WoD enthusiasts.
>>
>>54950476
Mastigos is probably fucking itself in its own dreamscape while it screams abuse. The Obrimos is dead, as he tried to stick his dick in a power socket.
>>
>>54950476
Obrimos tried to waifu a Promethean, didn't end well
>>
>>54950501
Domestic violence caused by Disquiet because the mage didn't spec into Mind to defend against it.
>>
What happens if you are fucking a demon in a female cover and it changes to a male cover?

Do you lose your dick?
>>
>>54950580
Depends if you were fucking it in the ass or not.
>>
>>54950585
Well duh, if im talking about losing a dick what do you think was implied.

Fucking morons on this thread, have to spell everything out.
>>
>>54950372
I said don't ask, bruh.
>>
>>54950491
The Mastigos is fucking his own Lust.
>>
Dave's comments about the third Mage supplement, Fallen Worlds:

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/mage-the-awakening/1130979-the-third-supplement-for-mage-2ed?p=1131155#post1131155

"I reserve judgement until I see the C2e hedge, frankly.

This book will finally let us show the Shadow from a Spirit Mage's point of view - if you read the 1e Shadow, it's tinged differently to Werewolf or mortal/book of spirits, and Werewolf sometimes makes mention of mages doing very weird things from the uratha's perspective. Don't expect a werewolf crossover, do expect to be mapping Places That Aren't or voyaging into the Shadow's sky with the Thrice-Great.

And extend that "fresh perspective on a shared setting space" to the Underworld and established Lower Depths like Inferno, too.

To see the opposite in action, wait for the Beast Player's guide, which details the astral realms from the Begotten's (very different to mages) perspective."
>>
Am I reading the Crown of Vision prelacy wrong, or could you just cast sympathetic magic on anyone you could possibly imagine with that?

I mean, the Crown of Fury is a big fuck you to anyone with combat merits, but Vision? Jesus.
>>
>>54949037
>Which of the factions would be the most tolerant of Lichdom?
The best faction, of course.

Mysterium, duh.
>>
>>54951055
>"muh supernal lore"
>"do not care about what you do, as long as you get muh lore"
>>
>>54950476
Mastigos has the custom-made Astral waifu of their dreams.
True Obrimos will not be satisfied with anything less than the purest, sexiest and most beautiful Supernal Angel representing the very idea of what Waifudom is.
>>
>>54950961
Yes if its the giving weak connections to everything ability.
>>
>>54951076
"Because ripping apart a Sleeper's soul is worth it for a Rote"

-every mystagogue ever
>>
>>54951076
Frankly, theirs is the only attitude I viscerally agree with. I discover there's fucking magic out there. Fucking. Magic. I have access to it and the tools to uncover more and these bozos from other factions want me to give a damn about random muggles. Fuck off with that bullshit, there's magic to be discovered.
>>
>>54951135
>there's magic to be discovered
Really? Every time you attain a new dot in an arcana you automatically learn every spell in that level. There is more than enough time for your lazy ass to help Shepard the mundane
>>
>>54951171

What have the mundane done for me lately?
>>
>>54951171
This isn't just about attaining more personal power. There's a whole world of darkness out there, filled with weird, crazy, fucked-up shit and the vast, vast majority of them do *not* have a supernal-origin.

There's more than enough bleeding-hearts willing to waste their time with the muggles, I'd rather focus on more interesting shit. Fucking. Magic!
>>
>>54951218
Go check the 8 bit theatre thread. Black Mage is basically every fa/tg/uy if you gave him magic.
>>
>>54951171
Where do you get this from? You "might" be aware of what you should be capable off but unless you have been shown something or are clever, i bet 50% of stuff you can do with arcana get missed until another mage shows you what you can do.
>>
>>54951234
Where is that stated? You don't even need a teacher to reach master in your ruling arcana and you can reach adept on your own with your common arcana. This isn't DnD fren
>>
>>54951234
You don't automatically know everything you can do. Though you instinctively have the capacity to do so.
>>
>>54951269
Assuming everybody who awakens knows exactly what they are doing is stupid.

Its why the whole mentor, student, rote, thing gets pushed. There is no handbook you get given right upon awakening and its not beyond reason that a mage who never encounters or experiments with magic might not know the full extent of his abilities.

Agreed it isnt d&d, try to actually consider roleplaying aspects..
>>
>>54951234
He's speaking realistically.

>"I can control death and the cold!"
>"Did you know you can also 'kill' spells?"
>"I did not"
>"Now you do"
>>
>>54951309
isnt that what i fucking said?
>>
>>54951319
meant for >>54951269
>>
>>54951234
Part of learning a new arcana dot will be learning how to apply the assorted practices. Eventually it all just.. falls into place. Remember that Gnosis is spelled out as a form of mystic intuition. You want to teach yourself, you sit down and dick around until you figure something out. Like poking at an open alarm clock, trying to figure out the gears. Then you do. And rinse and repeat. When you take that dot, it means you've figured out, through self exploration or through instruction, the practices for each dot of that arcana and how they apply to it specifically.
>>
>>54951330
because without being told you automagically come back from the supernal knowing what practices even are...
>>
>>54951349
Then sub in practices for 'the things i can do'.
>>
What does an Archmage see when using Mage Sight? No Paths, so I have to ask.
>>
File: 1497834303864.png (104KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1497834303864.png
104KB, 320x287px
>It's another lets turn Mage into harry potter episode again
I hate reruns
>>
File: tk2cvoq804gz.jpg (1MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
tk2cvoq804gz.jpg
1MB, 4160x3120px
>>54951373
An interpretation of the phenomena as filtered through their own understanding of magic and the supernal, like the Lustrum.
>>
>>54951396
Thanks for the answer.

And nightmare fuel picture.
>>
>>54951171
You're thinking about it wrong. You don't "automatically learn every spell in that level". The spell examples in the books are just that, examples. They aren't any different from an improvised spell you can make yourself in Creative Thaum. It's more accurate to say you get access to the Practices of that level, and are able to improvise spells with them, either going for the bare minimum or using your yantras. "Learning" a spell would be something like buying a Rote, or hearing about a creative improvised spell that you wouldn't have thought of.

There's more to magic than improvising spells anyway.
>>
When determining whether an effect is coincidental or vulgar, is the end result the only thing determines it?

For example, suppose a mage casted 'enhanced sight' spell on him. He now can read book from 5 miles away. No one except him will know that he can do that. But if a nearby Sleeper's been asked if human being can do such feat he'll say "that's impossible."

Will the spell be vulgar or not?
>>
>>54951732
No. But if he's asked what's going on five miles distant and replies "Your brother is writing "niggers" on the pages" it'd probably trigger the curse and start eating away at the spell at end of scene.
>>
David Hill is making his own game? What?
>>
>>54949037
Mysterium and Free Council. The former are most likely to object to a Mage just dying with all their knowledge. The latter lets a lot of things slide, if they're directed against their enemies, and they're suspicious of Diamond's dogma. The Free council is also democratic as opposed to meritocratic, which means a nutty, old superwizard can't just hog the best position and keep it forever. The SIlver Ladder would have a problem with that, though.
>>
Is there an afterlife in CofD? Or is your consciousness deleted forever?
>>
>>54952099
There's nothing explicitly stated, but dead souls go *somewhere*. You might leave behind a ghost when you die, but that only thinks it's you. Ghosts have the Underworld, which is a kinda craptastic network of caves and tombs and stuff. Any ghost there with enough presence of mind to realize they're there likely wants out.
>>
>>54952256
Don't forget, your soul is interchangeable! It's sort of like a power source rather than your actual self, since any soul will do once the original goes! Like a plug in a pot to hold water in.

So maybe they just wink out and the soul is recycled.
>>
>>54952380
Always hate that about souls in NWoD. After all the trouble a Mage does to tie their soul to the watchtower, shape it to reflect a legacy and rip it to shreds to make soul stones... the fact it can just ve swapped out always felt like an after thought from a dev who was like "oh shit but what if the character loses their soul? Oh well better include a bit of text that says they can easily fix it.
>>
>>54952453
Just one more reason why mage ruins everything
>>
>>54952453
Not to mention the way soulcrafting has souls shift to 'fit the vessel'. Bolt in a new soul and hey, legacy is back!

Should have made them two part souls. One is wholly unique to the person, the other one is just all the glowy bits.
>>
>>54952471
Sorry anon, I can't agree with that but your shitposting didn't go unnoticed.
>>54952477
Or just have souls be actually important. It makes Death mages actually scary and the Tremere far more insidious if they're not just eating souls but taking away the gift of the supernal as well. (Also fits in with their consuming and appropriating reaper legacy thing).
>>
>>54952540
they are scary. Once you hit thrall, that's it. You're not a mage anymore. And the assorted other issues that come with Death.

You could blame it all on 'the Tremere took their knowledge with them'. Or say that the Soul is really a form of sympathetic link to.. something, allowing for X, X and X.
>>
>>54952477
I always thought of it as a balancing measure to the Death Arcanum. If the Awakening and Legacy stick to the soul, then what keeps someone with enough knowledge of Death from popping freshly Awakened souls out of their meatsacks, and building a collection of Path/Legacy combos to just swap into himself?
>>
>>54952564
I'd guess soul crafting is a direct modification to the supernal symbol that is the mage as well as the soul itself. You find the final attainment, for example, and you're graffiting your name all over the supernal one as well as shaping your soul. You become the epitome, and the symbol primarily represents you now.
>>
Has anyone seen an 'attribute example' for CofD? As in, this level of composure corresponds to someone like whatever?
>>
>>54952564
I always saw joining a legacy as something that causes a rather prominant shift in outlook. Like you don't join the Tremere a wide eyed happy go lucky mage and get to keep being that. Shaping your soul changes how you see and experience the world and this is why legacies have certain stereotypes about them.

Swapping in and out a bunch of souls with different legacies would probably be like having schizophrenia on crack.

As well as the fact that your innate supernal underatanding of the arcana is going to go fucking haywire (makes for a good Mad Mage idea though might nick that one).
>>
>>54951732
Firstly you say sleeper but then mention coincidental?

What system are you fucking talking about nigga
>>
Reminder Mages don't need teachers for their ruling arcana unless it's for rotes or legacies. Thank you and have a good day
>>
>>54954809

Mages also don't need teachers for their Common Arcana up to 4 dots, and their Inferior Arcanum up to two dots.
>>
>>54954837
And then there are the Mages, who get their Inferior Arcanum changed into a Ruling one by a Legacy. How do those Mages view their new Ruling Arcana when compared to other members of their Path? It must be quite the striking difference...
>>
>>54954809
And legacies are intuitive enough to do without a tutor.
>>
>>54954809
>>54954837
>>54955043
Maybe on your tables but on mine and most people I know that have any kind of sense a mage must need a teacher to increase dots in an arcana. You don't need a teacher to increase your Gnosis however.
>>
>>54955245
>>54955245
Why?
>>
>>54955245

You are free to use any houserule you want, but that's contrary to the explicit canon rules.

Mages need teacher for certain Order merits like High Speech for use in spells, Adamantine Hand, Egregore, etc., but not for Gnosis or for Arcana up to the stated limits.
>>
>>54955330
>Why?

>Most likely "game balance"
>>
>>54955406
>this prepared to troll
>>
>>54955572

Why else would there be a arbitrary need to nerf mage abilities. It's not like the current rules are causing any problems in Mage chronicles.
>>
>>54954809
Get a brand new player, dont show him the book, give him a speech about what practices he has and get back to me with how much shit he'll do in a game...

I bet you they wont think of every spell in the book.
>>
>>54955391
They get High Speech *for free* if they are members of one of the big Orders, but they can learn it on their own for experience as well.
>>
>>54955623
I don't know, theme and cohesion of atmosphere?

That particular st likes the idea of magic being something you need to be taught, like how other media shows magic.

It isn't like it is difficult to find teachers in character, most mages live near a counsilium. That wouldn't be a nerf at all.
>>
>>54955748
>he idea of magic being something you need to be taught, l

Magic is still something you need to learn, it's just that experience is just as good if not better a teacher as a more formal tutor. That's the whole point of mage's obsessive pursuit of Mysteries. Awakened magic is far more than ancient or secret knowledge, it relies on a soul's connection to supernal Truth.

If you want to focus on magic primarily as the study of dark and forbidding tomes and secrets imparted by mysterious masters, there's ample Fallen magical traditions for a character to discovery and join. The Wise do not suffer such limitations in the CofD (at least to their Path and Legacy limits).
>>
>>54955870
I agree. Just giving a reason why that guy might go another way.
>>
>>54955748
Pretty much this
>>54955870
So you just want to keep mage as magic flavored superpowers instead of a taught art? What ever floats your boat
>>
In changeling 2e is it stated if every changeling has a huntsman?

Because if they do, and a huntsman cannot die but needs a month or so to reform and emerges from the hedge by killing a human each time it manifests wouldn't that mean that each escaped changeling would be indirectly responsible for dozens, possibly hundreds of deaths? Just by remaining free
>>
>>54956198
It's one human per rank.
>>
Are there any gameplay examples from W5?
>>
>>54956218
so possibly more then? I'm not sure if I'm reading this right.
>>
>>54949548

>muh 4e memes

Shit, its been over a decade. Give it a rest.
>>
>>54956279
It is okay, 5e fixed it.
>>
Haven't browsed these boards in a while now, but I'm starting a Vampire: The Requiem game on Monday and am in need of some character portraits. Anyone know where I can find a bunch?
>>
>>54956449
There's one in the pastebin somewhere, and artstation is great.
>>
>>54956474
>>
Hello all. I have an idea for a campaign for Hunter.

I wanted to do a globe trotting adventure ala Stardust Crusaders and by doing so I wanted to have 4 or 5 conspiracies (dependent on the regular amount of players I have) sending representatives to work together to take care of shit.

So far the two I know for a fact that I want to include are Lucifuge and Vascu.

I guess my questions are:

1. Is this a good idea?

2. If so how do I explain why they are working together?

3. What other conspiracies should I include?
>>
File: 635751951012795556.jpg (122KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
635751951012795556.jpg
122KB, 1600x1200px
>>54956474
Disgusting monster
>>
>>54956788
Going to be a lot of tension, but that's part of the fun. Certain conspiracies are less monster than others, and a TFV rep for instance may not appreciate being teamed up with a demon-blood kid.

So I would play up the conflict. Have their handlers and leaders second guessing the motivation of the others.
>>
>>54956961
So in theory it could work. Been a while since I've read hunter but I remember something about conspiracies working together.

So
Lucifuge
VASCU
TFV

I wonder what the other two should be.
>>
>>54956993
For another science angle you can go with cheiron, even though they always border on antagonists instead of protags.

Vascu is my go to non-core conspiracy so I can't think of other ones off the top.

But really, if you can give an excuse why they are there, it'll work.

All still human, all still fighting evil. They can band together.
>>
>>54957115
Sounds like a plan. I was thinking the 5th one could be Aegis Kai Doru.

So
FBI Research man
Military
Shady bastard with cool tech
Demon kid
And Artifact man.

Sounds like a fun idea.
>>
What books do I need to use to run a basic Demon Descent campaign?
>>
>>54957261
The God Machine Chronicle, Demon the Descent corebook, Demon the Descent Player guide, Mage the Awakening 2e
>>
>>54957470
Actually just cofd core, and demon the descent. Player's guide is optional.
>>
>>54952453
Mages don't care about the soul itself. They care about the shape it takes. That's what a Legacy is.
>>
>I don't care about balance
>You can't withstand with your power trait because then mages would never be able to cast spells on you
>>
>>54956346

You must be exhausted because that Meme is tired.
>>
Anyone here play WtA? I am a newbie storyteller and I want to run an apocalypse Chronicle set in America but I don't know where to start or how to make sure everyone has a good time.
>>
my scion recently obtained the lance of longinus

do you think he should use it as a weapon or give it to jesus
>>
>>54957873

Give it to Jesus... so he can use it as a weapon.
>>
>>54957759
Does seem like a weird choice right?

Though in the end that applies to mages as well.
>>
>>54957810
Well, it's pretty straightforward.
After they create their characters and choose their Tribes, you make them start as newbies, make them do the Trial to enter the tribe of their choosing, then another one when they all pass to choose their Totem Spirit and actually form the Pack and the Alpha of the group.
After that, assign a zone to them and they will have to defend it from the Wyrm taint.

If you want more suggestions just tell me.
>>
>>54957894

in this setting jesus is a wandering nomad trying to get the present pantheons to work together
>>
How mad would Christian players be if I turned Jesus into a Mage?
>>
>>54957931
extremely indifferent

t. christian
>>
>>54957899

Are there any good canon locations in Canada or the pacific northwest? Im also familiar with Appalachia but I'm not well read on the setting yet.

Is there anything I should avoid throwing at them early on? Wetewolves seem really strong outside of the Umbra.
>>
I recently got inspired, and decided to create a oWoD campain of Demon, where the character will have to fight against nWoD Demons, because they are wary of them and they are scared they might take their place in the world.
I must say that part of the inspiration came from American Gods.
By the way, to make it possible I will use the Translation guide and some time to adjust the details together.
What do you think? Sounds a little bit interesting, would you play it?
>>
>>54957931
>tfw you realize Jesus was clearly a Moros even though people would claim Obrimos.
>Transmutes liquids and food.
>Alters density of water
>Revives dead guy
>>
>>54957931

>the only Mage that isn't a huge douchebag faggot

I'd be down with it.
>>
>>54957951
Why would you go with canon locations? The good thing about WoD is that any location would do, just think if you are running a game in a city where you live in, you will get even more into your character and into the campain.
>Is there anything I should avoid throwing at them early on?
Make them do some investigations first, don't throw them at combat immediatly.
To start you can use "notsoold" vampires (like 13-12) that don't use Fortitude, because Vampires without it cannot absorb aggravated damage, so they will die really easily, or one single elder that may be a treat.
You can use Fomoris too, but their number should always be lesser than the number of players.
Werewolves are also strong inside the Umbra, but the first times use some weak banes and use the stronger ones later on.
Try to avoid Black Spiral Dancer until later in the game.
>>
>>54957759
He doesn't care about other splats balance. He purposely designed mages to be the best
>>
>>54958105
Except he didn't. This is starting to become a conspiracy theory, and all because of such paranoid delusions.

Stop being retarded.
>>
>>54957810
Play forsaken instead. Apocalypse is garbage.
>>
>>54958105
Being the best doesn't mean that they can take out the stronger templates with less effort and power while the other splat is defenseless, that's just plain bad design. Being the strongest just means that the ceiling of their power is WAY higher than the other splats and only then they can start to bully.
But hey, that's just my opinion.
>>
>>54958132
Oh yeah he did are you serious? Do I need to find the quote?
>>
>>54958105
He cares about inter-splat balance, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>54958152
Mages can bully the other splats starting at disciple if not earlier
>>
>>54958196
Yeah and trump cares about minorities.

People can say what they want. Actions speak louder than words.
>>
>>54958196
I am not sure what you mean. He only balanced Mages against each other. He doesn't care that mages shit on every other splat bar demon and fresh mummy
>>
>>54958225
Isn't disciple just three dots. Isn't that a starting character? That can't be true right?
>>
>>54958248
don't fall for the bait, but you may even being samefagging to start an argument, in that case, fuck you.
>>
>>54958248
Oh for the love of god, not this again.

Dots for mages aren't the same as dots for, say, vampires or werewolves. Practices aren't necessarily weaker or stronger at lower/higher intervals.
>>
>>54958225
>Mages can bully the other splats starting at disciple if not earlier

I disagree. Apprentice Shielding Practices are the key to mage supremacy. After that it's just gratuitous bullying.
>>
>>54958248
Oh it's true allright. A boneshadow Itheur elder wish he could do half the things a spirit disciple can
>>
>Mark Rein•Hagen is now an official writer on V5

Huh. I figured he'd just get a forward.
>>
>>54958295
That's why I said if not earlier
>>
>>54958301
>A boneshadow Itheur elder wish he could do half the things a spirit disciple can

This is from The Pack, a book neither developed or written by Dave.

Werewolves apparently know the supernatural pecking order.
>>
>>54958312

Could be good could be bad.
>>
>>54958349

His post-Vampire work is pretty spotty, but yeah we'll see.
>>
>>54958089

I live out in that region so I was wondering if there's anywhere official I could use. Either having the players start there, having it be maybe a rival or ally Sept/Caern to their own, and in general get a feel for the Garou politics of the area.

Would I be in the wrong for saying no Fera player characters for my first-ever werewolf game? I don't know that there's any balance issues it's more I wanted to get experience with the game and its default tone before I start allowing secondary material. I don't want to seem like I'm a grognard about it. Granted, I'm brand new so I'm not sure how I could be one in the first place.
>>
So if it's not a soul that lets a mage cast magic than what does a soul do? And what gives a mage access to the supernal? Absence of the abyss? Some tether to their watchtower?
>>
>>54958344
>A master of spirit will not be a part of a spirit ecosystem
Who cares just useless fluff
>>
>>54958344

I've been gone for months and I come back and you guys are still trying to bait with this stuff? Or has it just become the sort of weird meme related past time to constantly regurgitate the same kind of posts?

Either way it's good to know I didn't miss anything important.
>>
File: popcorn.gif (1MB, 330x248px) Image search: [Google]
popcorn.gif
1MB, 330x248px
>>54958444
I only come here for laughs at this point
>>
>>54958444
I mean, does it count as bait if no one has refuted it yet?

Is a disciple of spirit, which is easy to get to, better at spirit stuff than a werewolf?
>>
>>54958444
You posted this three threads in a row.
>>
>>54956198
If a Changeling is forced into a position where they have to kill the Huntsman they've fucked up already.

It's like any sort of crime or espionage game, of the thief/spy has to kill someone to stay hidden it means they were incompetent. The point is not to kill the Huntsman since we've already established that it's futile. The point is to keep hidden.

If DtD is 'Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy,' then CtL is 'The Fugitive'
>>
>>54958402
If you are not sure about balancing, just limit the options, it's ok and normal, don't worry.

About Canada, I'm not from America, so I don't really know the canon material about it becase I never bothered to look, but I can just tell you to google the canada artcile from White Wolf Wiki, it's manly talking about Vampires, but it also talks about huge Werewolves presence in the area, you can start from there and create your Caerns.
>>
>>54958479
>MuhMetabait
>Masturbate
>>
>>54958545

Isnt that Winter purview? I imagine summer coutier being "yeah kill those fuckers!"

Another reason Huntsmen sucks. Only one approach available.
>>
>>54958780
I am a master baiter, I admit it.
>>
>>54958797
We don't know how the finished product will look after the revisions. They could have more angles now.
>>
>>54958797
>Multiple way to play the game invalidates the others
>>
>>54958822
>>54958797
The whole point of the Court system is to force the huntsman to play by your rules. The means crafting a meta story. As long as everyone plays their part the hunts man does as well.

It's putting a narrative squeeze point in an advancing army. Your still facing an 'army' of sorts, but the threat becomes more manageable
>>
Death magic seems pretty shitty compared to Fate, Time. What are some cool things Death magic does?
>>
>>54959026
Death is pretty esoteric. It isn't just death, it's absence, cold and endings. It can 'kill' spells.
>>
>>54959026
this nutcase
>>
>>54959026
>The Arcanum that deals with souls
>Thinks it's shitty

Uh huh
>>
>>54959072
Well against other mages who can 'easily' (not really) get a new soul, that is pretty weak.
>>
>>54959106
if they're another death mage I guess. so you need death to counter death.
>>
>they think some arcana are better than others

lol
>>
>>54957470
>>54957532
Thanks
>>
>>54958888

Eh i dont like it, too meta to my taste. Is the same reason i dislike fatebinding. Hope i can purge from 2nd when i run my games.
>>
>>54959389
>too meta
Have you played changeling before?
>>
>>54959451
>Have you played changeling before?

Yes by removing the meta stuff like fate binding and wyrd as narrative enforcer.
>>
>>54959153
Or know a death mage. Or can get a favor from a death mage at your counsilium. Or can buy an artifact enchanted with a spell.

Just saying, it isn't the end of the world.
>>
>>54959522
>You need death to counter death
Why are you trying to down play this?
>>
>>54959550
I was giving narrative options to solve the problem of having your soul tampered with in a narrative game. Why are you trying to downplay that?
>>
Daily reminder that there is no such thing as a nice mage. It's mandatory to be an asshole.
>>
>>54959674
>Daily reminder that there is no such thing as a nice mage. It's mandatory to be an asshole.

So says the Nihilist edgelord who develops mage this days.
>>
>>54959729
>>54959674
He just says that because people rightfully say that mage is a noblebright superhero game that has no place in a World of Darkness
>>
File: Chaos Captain.jpg (66KB, 500x633px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Captain.jpg
66KB, 500x633px
Anyone here know what the estimated release date of the 2nd edition of Hunter is? I wanted to start a Hunter game, but if second edition is right around the corner I'd just wait for that to come out. Thanks buds.
>>
>>54959877
Dubs or not, nobody cares about Hunter. Not even Dave.
>>
>>54959877
Did the brochure say hunter was getting a kickstarter? I can't remember. Might want to look that up.
>>
>>54959899
Fuck off, Magefag. Go suck on your precious Dave.
>>
>>54959877
Checked. For most of 2e stuff we don't have a definitive release. With Mortal Remains you should be able to run a 2e Hunter chronicle no problem.

>>54959899
> Claims nobody cares about Hunter
> States Dave of all people as if that's evidence
Sure thing buddy, just go back to your power level arguments and cross splat shitposts while the adults talk.
>>
MR•H is back on Vampire. Is there hope for the future?
>>
>>54960004

If it was Andrew Greenberg there'd be hope. Currently it's just a yellow flag.
>>
>>54958888
>The whole point of the Court system is the redundant antagonist splat crowbarred in to an already crowded setting
how about no
>>
>>54959643
Why are you trying to neuter mages Changeling fag? Are you that butt hurt about mages getting another supplement while changeling slides into development hell? Get over yourself
>>
Remember when people actually fought back against the Magefags?
>>
>>54960225
>huntsmen aren't fae
Are you special? like special classroom special?
>>
>>54960303
>Magefags are autistic
what kind of bait is this?
>>
>>54960278
Wat... What have I possibly said that makes you think any of that? Are... Are you feeling okay anon?
>>
>>54960305
>we need boring samey fae around because nuNWoD fans have the creativity of a hunk of cheese
I understand but insulting people by calling them what you are isn't a very good idea
>>
>>54951319
>>54959044
I thought Quell the Spark got cut in 2e as part of the effort to improve Prime.
>>
>>54959899
...I care
>>
File: MEL.png (21KB, 232x218px) Image search: [Google]
MEL.png
21KB, 232x218px
>>54959809
Are you trying to imply that mages are superheros?
>>
>>54957931
Bored, you're going to have to do a lot to top Jesus being Lucifer's thrall in Fallen
>>
File: Doctor-Strange-Marvel-Comics-h.jpg (53KB, 500x627px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor-Strange-Marvel-Comics-h.jpg
53KB, 500x627px
>>54960486
Yes
>>
>>54960481
So do I. FUCK those smug ass magefags
>>
File: xObr5ww.jpg (321KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
xObr5ww.jpg
321KB, 1024x768px
>>54960486
There is literally nothing wrong with Mages being superheroes. For one thing superheroes are now more diverse than Onyx Path's example characters
>>
>>54960622
We just need the guy that posts the "Kill the batman" pic and we have your typical thread infested with magefags
>>
>>54960662
Mage is the most well received and popular splat in this general and the second most popular in general
>>
Would an Archmage take on a normie mage as an apprentice?
>>
File: 4)Thanatos.png (327KB, 842x638px) Image search: [Google]
4)Thanatos.png
327KB, 842x638px
Rate my Geist friends
>>
>>54960792
gay/10
>>
>>54960305

They arent fae. So yoy get a breaking point for killing them :/
>>
>>54960783
Highly unlikely.
>>
>>54959809

That just mean they are one of those edgy superheroes like anythibg written by mark millar.

Or they are just a team compose of Quentin Quire, danny chase and damian wayne.
>>
>>54960836
Not if he was super gifted like my character
>>
>>54960833
They're fae beings, buddy.
>>
>>54960872
Archmages don't give a shit. They just don't. They're better than you and they know it.
>>
>>54960892
Maybe in your shitty chronicle but in mine Archmages will help a genius mage to ascend
>>
>>54960879

Do you have proof of that or is a change introduce by the new dev? I remember reading hill saying they werent quite true fae nor hob and thats why killing them was a breaking point
>>
File: Adamantine Arrow Art.jpg (136KB, 781x509px) Image search: [Google]
Adamantine Arrow Art.jpg
136KB, 781x509px
>>54960662
>"Kill the batman"

>My ears were burning.
>>
>>54960660
>Onyx Path's example characters

>OPP's Social Justice Superfriends, soon to appear in their new comic, The Contagion Chronicle

>Fighting the evil forces of Zionism and binary pronoun usage
>>
The OPP forums indicated that Stew Wilson is no longer the developer of Forsaken, and hasn't been for some time. That's the reason why the gameline was so quiet.

Does anyone know who the new developer of Forsaken is, or id no one currently in charge of the line?

If I had a say, Chris Allen would be the new developer.
>>
>>54961112
They're not true fae. They're fae beings.
>>
>>54961230

I though chris was already the dev. Isnt he gone too?
>>
>>54961237

Ok, whats the difference? They are like hobs?
>>
>>54961239
>I though chris was already the dev. Isnt he gone too?

Chris was just an author who was active here and in the OPP forums. Stew was the developer for both Forsaken and oWOD Apocalypse.
>>
>>54961239
>>54961283

Chris is still around and posts on the OPP and Discord forums. He, like Dave, just doesn't post here much anymore.
>>
>>54961293
Dave posts here all the time. He's just a sneaky lizard.
>>
Did they ever give a reason for why other Bygones couldn't survive the Consensus' pressure and had to retreat, but Vampires, Fera, Changlings, and etc could live well on the Earth?
>>
>>54961367
One of the many flaws of oWoD and its consensual reality schtick.
>>
>>54961249
If you are born from the powers of the hedge, wyrd, Arcadia, or true fae, you are fae. So yeah, like hobs and fetches.
>>
Could a Nephandus be "saved" from his twisted Avatar by being Embraced thereby killing the Avatar?
>>
>>54947917
So what if there was a presidential election between a werewolf and a vampire played for humor?
>>
>>54962415
oh OP, there is an election between vampires and werewolves 'eeevery' year.
>>
I guess everybody wants the right to be taken seriously. But sometimes I think you guys really take it too far. If people can laugh at death, they can laugh at the apocalypse.
>>
Like a really darkly ironic version of "the munsters", using cannon WtA settings.
>>
>>54962475
"Daaaad, moms in jail again! They said she castrated someones dog!"
"(sweating profusely as jar shakes, trying not to raise his voice) Honey...(pours jar) daddy.. is trying.. to make.. explosives..
>>
"Dammit sammy, when a guy says not in the face, you shoot him in the chest!"
"Says me, dammit! He was a red blooded italian for chris-sakes!"
"So what?"
"So he deserves the same respect you'd show anyone who served with ceaser! We built rome for chris-sak-"
"Oh Shit, he ain't dead!"
(two more bullets to the head)
"Dammit Jhonny, what did I just say?"
>>
I swear to god officer, I thought she was a faerie! She was wearing those wings and those tights and had a wand and everything! I didn't know she was under sixteen! I swear to god she used those wicked eyes on me! Its not my fault I swear!"

(Cops lock him up.)
Cop1: What a day!
(Lights a cigarette
Cop2: You know, I heard of this midget who was 42 years old, looked like he was still 17.
Cop1: You don't say?
Cop2: And you know Cindy, she been tricking around here since she was 11 or 12..
Cop1: You don't say? Think we should let him go?
Cop2: (flicks cigarette) Naaah
>>
>>54962648
From back: You know Cindies a boy right?
(Cop car brakes squeal)
(Cop flops out of car, hits ground running grabs hat to keep from falling off)
Cop1: Holy shit it all makes sense!
Cop2: I know right!
>>
>>54961954
Only in the most nihilistic sense.
>>
Together: DARLINQUE!!!
(kiss, kiss)
Twin 1: So you know what I hear?
Twin 2: What do you hear?
Twin 1: You know nicajuagra pete? The infamous drug dealer?
Twin 2: Yes?
Twin 1: He's been dressing up, masquerading as a supervillian.
Twin 2: Oh, that IS interesting!
Twin 1: Yes, especially so regarding that fad where people dressed up as super heroes!
Twin 2: and Tre' ironic considering he is a considered by his town to be a hero for killing pablo the knife
Twin 1: I know, right? The masked vigilante trope is in genuine upheaval! Do you know what this means?
Twin 2: That capes and leather are back in fashion!
Together: MWAHAHAHAHA!

Virtual Adept talking to another Virtual Adept: Are they Hermetic or Nephandi?
Virtual Adept: don't ask
>>
>>54962813
Technocrat: Now can you piece together from context what type of leather they are talking about?
FBI Agent: Uh... prada?
(Facepalms)
>>
>>54962813
Reported (bored) : so your telling me what then?
Gangsta J: They be using the cruella daville as a trope to do magick and shit!"
Reporter (bored): Uh- huh..
Gangsta J: I'm telling ya, the meme magick be real! It lets you do real fly stuff... like the other day, I thought I try combining parkour with dancing, you know, like a new type of acrobatic dance machine, and I had this whole crowd gathered round me, and I ain't never tried parkour in my life! The meme magic be real, yo!
Reporter: And how do you want to use this to change how I do the news?
>>
>>54961382
Because they all learned how to "blend in" with reality. They kept their mythology and culture alive, so that it became part of the tapestry.

Everybody has heard of the amazonian muscle women of venice beach. Everybody knows that rich eurotrash who just bought a seven milliar dollar condo by dealing trunkfuls of ecstacy.

Who ever heard of 3 headed fucking dog running around new york?
>>
>>54962948
So how much is real and how much is just pageantry?
>>
>>54962985
Depends on your limit.
Mine is "Twin Peaks".
Any weirder than that and I'm out.
>>
Think about it this way, I'm straddling the thin line that separates fantasy from reality. I am asking for a moment of charity, a suspension of disbelief not only from my audience, but from myself. Have I committed a thought crime? Have I crossed that line from eccentric and harmless to dangerous and erratic by saying I believe in ghosts? For realsies, not pretendies?
>>
>>54963053
The truth is, I am open to the possibility of just about anything. But in practice, I have a very narrow range of interests.
>>
If I say I believe in the occult, that I practice it, study it, follow its tenants and beliefs, there is just a certain segment of the population who refuse to take anything I say or do seriously.
>>
>>54963102
So its better to tell them what they want to hear. That I am a "spiritual consultant". Maybe in extreme cases trying to pass myself off as "working in hollywood" or being in "reality television".

Hell, in most instances its better for them to think I'm a drug dealer than what I really am. Have you ever been laughed out of a room? Its not a pleasant experience!
>>
>>54963134
Yet I'm making over 80 thousand dollars a year. People book me for events, university lectures. I keep a skull in my basement and these people trust me with around their kids.

It makes me uneasy. Like maybe I don't belong in the daytime world, with all its hangups about what is real and what is an illusion.
>>
>>54963102
>there is just a certain segment of the population who refuse to take anything I say or do seriously
I believe it's referred to as the "majority".
>>
>>54957873
Immediately begin third impact.
>>
>>54963053
Varies. If you're the guy who claims he's a real life wizard, then yes. If it's just "Shit be weird, and maybe ghosts" then no.
>>
File: Vampires.jpg (304KB, 953x1390px) Image search: [Google]
Vampires.jpg
304KB, 953x1390px
Could hunters cleanse Bailey school
>>
>>54964196

There were no monsters at Bailey School, just prejudiced asshole children.
>>
>>54964215
Sounds like yes
>>
Can someone explain the 'beast guides' twist better to me in vtr? I find it interesting, but I feel its explained poorly.
>>
>when Glass Walkers team up with the Technocracy
>>
>>54962948
That makes no sense, because you could literally say the same with the majority of Mage's themes.
>>
>>54957931
He's more of a Purified or a Geist. Self resurrection is a bit tricky for a Mage to pull off.
>>
>>54964316
Like simpler Wraith Shadowguides. Another player at the table runs your Beast. Can't spend Willpower without the Beast's permission, and the Beast wants you to break stuff.
>>
>>54957931
Turns out Jesus was just a douche Mastigos conman.
>>
>>54959026
Get ghost buddies. Explore the Underworld. Turn into an intangible shadow immune to all non-magic effects. Take souls. Make a zombie army. Save on air conditioning. Force the world to forget about you. Bring dead people back to life.
>>
>>54960892
Depends on the Archmage. A Bodhisattva would take on an apprentice if they saw promise.
>>
>>54964404

That simple? Alright. The willpower thing tripped me up.
>>
>>54964410
Mummy was written around the Bible, so no surprise it's a closer match.
>>
>>54964481
Major issue is, a lot of powers require Willpower. Probably the worst offender is that as written, this locks Theban Sorcery, all of it, behind your Beast.
>>
So. How's life in the Supernal once you actually manage to Ascend? I sure hope it isn't just floating around as weird symbols in a place that isn't actually a place.

I also need to ask why Ascension is so desirable.
>>
>>54964553
Exarchs get palaces. I think its implied that other Ascended beings get their own dwellings based on what they did to Ascend. You can still affect the world by sending out Ochemata.
>>
Is there a written law for the Mages to keep their presence in secret, like the Masquerade or the Veil?
>>
>>54964593
Yes, its called Paradox and the Sleeping Curse. Its written into reality.
>>
>>54964534

I just liked the idea of it. Maybe it can be toned down. Rather than having the beast involved for every willpower usage, it's once per session?
>>
>>54964553
The Ascended interpret the Supernal however they want, I think. Like Arcadia but better.
>>
Anyone eyeballed Legacyfag lately? Latest update I've got is 1.25
>>54964593
Yes. Precept of Secrecy. Seers do it because they're seers, diamond orders do it because they were founded on it and not doing so is a good way to fuck up your day.
>>
>>54964553
It's implied you've got power above and beyond that available through Imperium.

Also apparently the Supernal lives in the back of your head as an unascended being, asking "Are you here yet? Are you here yet? Are you here yet? No? How about now? Now? now? NOW? COME BACK. FOR FUCKS SAKES NOW."
>>
>>54964593
It should be mandatory for all Mages to keep secrecy. Not because of the Sleeping Curse or law, but because it weakens magic. That should scare every wizard.
>>
>>54964445
ugh.
zombies in the summer.
>>
>>54964481
yes, but you can spend willpower NOT to do things..
>>
>>54964196

Why do all of the children look retarded? Is this some "special" school or something?
>>
>>54964618
That might be too little. Maybe it's any use of the generic boost-a-roll function of Willpower. Or maybe it's only for spending Willpower to keep control of yourself when you'd otherwise lose it.
>>
>>54964196
Rock City Compact, probably. Get stoned as all fucking get out and hit the bitch with an SUV. Best hunting method or BEST hunting method?
>>
New Thread
>>54964939
>>
>>54964945
Some magefag hijacked it. Make a new one.
>>
>>54965069
too lazy. someone else do it
>>
Did you really delete a thread because of a Magefag?

Jeez, you people.
>>
>>54965163
Actually, because I put the title in the name field and it wasn't searchable, and for some reason I'm unable to make a new one.
>>
File: CUv4S3X.jpg (136KB, 900x758px) Image search: [Google]
CUv4S3X.jpg
136KB, 900x758px
>>54965163

>>54965177
Here's an OP image so you can do it yourself.
>>
I'm thinking for Pure Sovereigns, their five dot attainment is a combination of Create Life and Possession - basically, they can spend the time to create a duplicate of their current body and permenently jam themselves into it at the cost of a willpower dot, since no death for the soul movement. Thoughts?
>>
>>54965420
Pass. With Life 5, Gnosis 8 there's no reason they'd want to leave their original body, given they can solve pretty much any issue with it, using their own Magic.

You can even completely shit all over others being quasi-Liches, with an anti-aging spell as their 3rd Attainment. Using Weaving to suspend that part of the human condition, for the duration of the attainment. Which you keep up forever, because of Advanced Potency, and a complete immunity to dispelling, and dissonance.
>>
>>54965766
I've already written the others, and that's basically it. Third attainment is just the aging, since that's not a gameplay altering effect, and adding some extra reach to the second one. I'm just assuming someone at that level is going to eventually want a new self, if they're 400 years old and finally decrepit. I'm just short on any other ideas of what to do for a fifth dot.
>>
>>54965766
I thought the Pure Sovereigns weren't Liches?
>>
>>54965797
Although I did end up just halving aging for each dot of the life arcanum rather than suspending aging entire. Original 1e Sovereigns did age, just.. not quickly.
>>
>>54965801
They're not officially, but they're pretty close in 2e given how Life can flat up render you unaging, rather than just stapling on a few years like it did in 1e.
>>
I suppose the other option is to leave the 'slowdown' as is, and tap regeneration with indefinite as the final attainment and say "Congratulations, you're immortal now" instead of letting them shift into new bodies when the old one does get too.. old.
>>
>>54965898
Yeah, that's a bit better.
Also hand them a couple of other 'perfection'-based abilities, nothing overpowered, but stuff like immunity to all manner of diseases.
>>
>>54965928
They've got it. Sort of. 1st attainment is cleanse the body, 2nd is body temple, 3rd adds extra reach to body temple and the 'purge disease' effect to cleanse body.
>>
>>54965948
I'd actually swap those around.
Purge the body at 2 dots, which makes sense as Ruling.
Then at 3 dots throw in Body Temple with Potency as Primary.
>>
>>54965962
Eh, it sort of works. It was mostly done that way to give some early 'lasting' benefits rather than minor spells and let the third attainment be strange with the aging effects.

optionals are One Mind, Two Thoughts, Memory Hole, Universal Language, Clear Thoughts and Psychic Reprogramming, only applicable to themselves with the last using reach to be lasting and indefinite, respectively.
Thread posts: 380
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.