[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The d20 System and OLG Today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (26KB, 354x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 354x300px
So how's the old d20 system going on now a days?

(That is to say the concept is the d20 systerm as a semi open source systerm brand not just any game system based around the D20. Although one pretty synonymous with the other.)

Wizard seems to have abandoned the concept of letting third parties make "DND compatible material" two and a half editions ago. But I've noticed Starfinder still has the OGL logo symbol (but not the d20) on the back.

Is that just a there becuase of some legal requirement requirement to have on the book (it been basically being DND 3.9 and all) or company still using and publishing under it
>>
OGL encourages meme systems and shit design. Good riddance.
>>
>>54946516
don't get me wrong I think the 3e and D20 system is garbage but try to remember that late 90s early 00s is was when TSR collapse and it took a lot of other publishes down with it.

I don't think we would've had a much of a professional RPG industry today at all without it.
>>
File: 5e PHB.jpg (328KB, 1264x1665px) Image search: [Google]
5e PHB.jpg
328KB, 1264x1665px
>>54945778
The OGL design theory is alive and well, and still dominating the market. Pic-Related.
>>
>>54946516
>>54946697
I can't believe there's still butthurt 4rries around.
>>
File: 1432975421512.jpg (358KB, 625x898px) Image search: [Google]
1432975421512.jpg
358KB, 625x898px
>>54947568
Yup, only a 4rrie could possibly hate 3e and the OGL, nobody else.
>>
>>54946741
Okay so there is still an Open gaming license. Is there any third party material of note been redlease for it ?

>>54947568
I don't remember mentioning 4e.
>>
>>54945778
I think someone is doing a version of d20 modern. An updated system. I forgot the name though. Ops and Tactics maybe?
>>
>>54948805
There's also a third edition of Spy Craft in the pipeline.
>>
>>54948744
Most retroclones are OGL material, since the OGL opens up the ability to use the specific terminology of D&D.
>>
>>54948744
Most notable: Tome of Beasts, Primeval Thule, Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, and Middle Earth Adventures. The last of those three is a full-fledged system rebuilt from 5e's core.

Lesser-known: Ebonclad, Amethyst: Quintessence, Ultramodern5

Check DrivethruRPG for more big releases. http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?filters=45326_0_0_0_0
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.