[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer40k general /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 461
Thread images: 104

File: IMG_0838.jpg (27KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0838.jpg
27KB, 640x478px
Chainsaw man edition
>Necromunda is coming back.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos winning new planet. But for how long?
https://konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
https://warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
https://mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
https://mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-Anon doing the Emperor's work)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: NpjQv6N.jpg (535KB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
NpjQv6N.jpg
535KB, 1306x980px
>>54945181
First for the Drukhari!
>>
>>54945181
Well that is simple use for those extra bits
>>
>>54945181
4/10 Better than the old Khorne Berzerker sculpts.
>>
>>54945181
Let's start this thread right, post your favorite model in your collection, I would but I'm at work currently
>>
Anyone know a download for the Beast audiobooks?
>>
File: chaos winning!.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
chaos winning!.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Daily reminder that Chaos is winning!

When we win this planet, Konor will be cut off from warp communication and will be subject to fierce warp-storms, ushering in a great doom for all the planets in the system, even those that Chaos 'lost'.
>>
File: SLAMBRO.jpg (74KB, 860x645px) Image search: [Google]
SLAMBRO.jpg
74KB, 860x645px
>>54945235
Slambo
>>
File: Chaos champions.jpg (129KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos champions.jpg
129KB, 1024x768px
>>54945181
>tfw chosen
>>
File: IMG_3957.png (119KB, 676x2817px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3957.png
119KB, 676x2817px
Asked earlier but no response.

Can I please get some feedback on my 2,500 point Imperial Fist list?
>>
>>54945247
Nice try, Carnac.
>>
Is the Astropath for Guard any good? I have one of them and 3 Wyrdvane psykers but I'm not sure which is better.
>>
>>54945247
>play centre for autistic children
>>
+++BATTLE REPORT INCOMING+++

(reposting from Wednesday night)

Hey guys, posting a batrep for your amusement.

I played a fun (albeit shorter than I would have liked) game tonight, my first in 8th edition and my first at my new local store.

Points was set at 2000, Steel Legion Imperial Guard vs a custom Astartes chapter called the "Storm Lords" (I think? can't remember exactly). Both armies were almost fully painted, so the game was a lot of fun to watch unfold.

I tried to take a picture at the top of every phase of every turn, but of course missed 2 or so. I will do my best to recreate what happened each turn from memory using my records.

Enjoy.
Pic related is the IG force, a full Battalion detachment with 12 command points.

My list consisted of Yarrik in the center, supported by a company commander, two astropaths, and a priest. A shady vindicare assassin is just off camera to the left, too cool to be photographed.

The meat of the list is two conscript platoons of 50, 4 scion squads of 5 with melta/plasma led by a tempestor prime. A squadron of leman russ executioners and 2 heavy weapons squads of lascannons provide some punch, and 2 defensive searchlights support the infantry.

It's rounded out by 3 salamander scout vehicles (chimeras) and a twin punisher cannon vulture for close air support.
>>
File: vanator.png (122KB, 915x235px) Image search: [Google]
vanator.png
122KB, 915x235px
>>54945275
Learn to read, friendo.
>>
>>54945316
>100 conscripts

wow you jerk
>>
>>54945316

Here we have the Storm Lords. I am not an expert on Astartes units, but he took a good mix in his list, opting for balance.

The chapter master rides a bike, while the librarian is on foot. A land raider crusader is the battering ram, tac squads and scout squad are the meat and potatoes. He took 2 dreads including the new big guy for extra punch in melee.
>>
>>54945247
you realize theyre giving this one to chaos so they dont have a bunch of whiny fags complaining because imperium didnt lose once
>>
>>54945289
Astropath isn't bad since you get a 1/3rd chance smite and the ignore cover power. Wyrdvanes are poop.
>>
>>54945316
Beautiful army anon.
>>
File: Deployment 1.jpg (1MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
Deployment 1.jpg
1MB, 2016x1512px
>>54945341

The rolled mission was "RELIC." We agreed to use my custom "randomized battlefield" rule, dropping a fair number of terrain pieces on the table and then rolling 2d6+scatter to let them drift randomly. The final terrain placement is pictured here, along with deployment from the Astartes POV.

Astartes easily finished deployment first (he was almost done by the time I was done calling reserved units) and would go first. Initiative was not seized.
And here we have deployment from the IG POV. I definitely got the lucky side of the field as far as terrain went, with a nice wall of cover anchored by 2 structures. Conscript platoons are too big to ever get cover bonuses, really, but my taking this side of the field denied the smaller and tougher Astartes a cover bonus while they advanced on the relic in the center.

I ended up being hard pressed for space, and crammed conscripts shoulder to shoulder with lascannons and the russes to get that reroll 1s aura on as much as possible.

The vindicare just said "meh" to the whole idea, confident my 12 command points would be used on him if necessary and just parked himself on top of the nearest building. I put the searchlights up there, too, where they would get cover and clear LOS to mark targets.

Salamanders and the vulture took the flanks with the hope of forcing the less numerous marines to split their numbers and chase my mobile stuff around fruitlessly. We'll see how well that worked.
>>
File: 1490106048816.jpg (51KB, 597x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490106048816.jpg
51KB, 597x600px
>>54945213
>Drukhari!
>>
>>54945247
As an imperium fag, is it wierd that I'm pleased to see my enemy score a legitimate win?
>>
>EU strongly Imperium sided last few weeks
>This week EU not even on the map
>Massive chaos gains all of a sudden
really makes you contemplate
>>
File: Imperial left flank.jpg (1MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial left flank.jpg
1MB, 2016x1512px
>>54945361
>>
>>54945319
Nice try, Carnac. As flimsy as your defense of Be'lacuck the Pointless.
>>
File: 20170816_200937.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170816_200937.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>54945374

<<< Imperial center line.
>>
File: 200px-StormLords2.jpg (25KB, 200x296px) Image search: [Google]
200px-StormLords2.jpg
25KB, 200x296px
>>54945341
>Storm Lords
They sure aren't painted like actual Storm Lords. But maybe he doesn't give a fuck or isn't aware of them.
>>
>>54945316
Hey man, just want to say that I appreciate you for posting actual content on this board. Thank you for raising the signal-to-noise ratio of this place.
>>
>>54945382
The words are right there.

You appear to be trying to refute reality itself. A task fitting for one such as you.
>>
>>54945367
I'm more intrigued by these regions

last week it was NA that was on the fence, now its a solid imperium region and its the EU that's looking like it will be the important swing region
>>
Since most of you guys are spacefags would my necron triarch stalker's twin heavy gauss cannon be able to bring down an imperial knight?

Twin heavy gauss cannon - Heavy 2 str 9 Ap -4 D d6
>>
File: Deployment 2.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
Deployment 2.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>54945387

<<< Deployment from Astartes POV

>>54945396

No problem, it's fun
>>
File: derp.jpg (617KB, 1920x957px) Image search: [Google]
derp.jpg
617KB, 1920x957px
>chaos winning the planet
>loosing the region based in a warp storm

i know its not GWs fault but this seems like something they would do without the players input
>>
File: IMG_20170819_101934.jpg (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170819_101934.jpg
2MB, 1944x2592px
>>54945235
She's not done, but this is my new Daemon Prince.
Her and the Herald I'm working on will be done before this week of campaign is over, netting another four points for Chaos at my LGS.
>>54945247
>primaris kiddies ate through all their allowance
>imperiums forces weakened
shocking
I don't actually care about the results anymore, too blatant with rigging, I'm just using the points as motivation to keep painting and having fun with the different weekly missions.
>>
File: turn1.png (6MB, 3000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
turn1.png
6MB, 3000x1500px
>>54945435

Turn 1 opens with the Astartes confidently into the center with their Land Raider as the speadhead. A Tac squad and the Librarian are mounted inside, ready to snatch the relic at the earliest opportunity while the dreads smack away any space peasants.

The land speed storm takes a combat squad of scouts up the Imperial right flank looking to harass the searchlights and deny the main IG line its accuracy bonus. The bikes move up on the IG left, blowing through the ruins to get in the shadow of the structure anchoring the IG's left center.

The first volley is fired to the tune of an orbital bombardment, consuming 3/4 of the Astartes command points right off the bat. The blasts are called in right on top of Yarrick, catching him, the Company Colonel, priest, astropaths, a lascannon team, russes, and both conscipt units in the radius.

By the time the searing flashes are over and the dust has settled, perhaps half a dozen conscripts are dead, the center russ has taken 4 wounds, one lascannon crew is reduced to charred skeletons, and both the priest and Colonel are reduced to 2 wounds. Yarrick takes nothing, he's seen worse.

The dreads and crew-served vehicle weapons unload into conscripts, felling another 10 or so. The ones behind them pile the bodies up for a bit of cover, stuffing corpses into the windows of that wall. From downfield, the pred unleashes all 4 lascannons into the center russ and takes off another 2 wounds.

End of Astartes shooting, and a conscript unit breaks, takes 2 steps back, watches Yarrick execute a guy, then turns back around and resumes their postions.

1/2
>>
>>54945435
Oooh. Are those Soul Drinkers?
>>
Ok boys, how does my list look? Going full blown heretic daemon engines/vehicles.

Spearhead Detachment

- Warpsmith - 76
- Helbrute - Helbrute fist w/ heavy flamer, Multi-melta - 156
- Defiler - Twin heavy bolter, Twin heavy flamer - 203
- Forgefiend - 2x Hades auto cannons, Ectoplasma cannon - 211
- Maulerfiend - Lashertendrils - 152
- Maulerfiend - Lashertendrils - 152
- Heldrake - Baleflamer - 185

Spearhead Detachment

- Warpsmith - 76
- Helbrute - Power scourge, Twin heavy bolter - 132
- Helbrute - Missile launcher, Twin lascannon - 147
- Chaos Predator - Twin lascannon, 2x Lascannons - 190
- Chaos Predator - Twin lascannon, 2x Heavy bolters - 160
- Chaos Predator - Twin lascannon, 2x Heavy bolters - 160

2000 on the nose.

I don't really like the forgefiend but thought I should at least add one for thematic reasons to at least have one of each dinobot.

This list isn't meant to be hyper competitive just a fun little list that hopefully can hold its own against other standard lists.
>>
>>54945436
It's a classic base race, which amuses me
>>
File: femlet pretends to be tall.jpg (297KB, 1011x709px) Image search: [Google]
femlet pretends to be tall.jpg
297KB, 1011x709px
Anyone play today?

I had a game against GK as Ministorum/Guard. Unfortunately we had so little terrain because the other table took all of it. We had a lot of forests, but no good LoS blocking terrain so I felt a little bad for my opponent. He had a Grand Master with a super hammer, a Librarian, a Land Raider with the flamers that had 5 Terminators in it and it must have been about 30-40 Grey knights, I couldn't tell.

I had 2 Tank Commanders, Celestine by herself, Yarrick, a Commander, 3 Infantry squads, 30 Conscripts, 4 Bullgryn in a Chimera, 9 Crusaders, 8 Death Cult Assassins with a Priest and a Canoness in a Rhino, a Basilisk and 2 Armored Sentinels.

Highlights were his Grand Master smashing open my Chimera after I charged it in, then 2 Bullgryn rolled 1s for it being wrecked, then he Smited another for 3 wounds, then smashed another with his hammer. Bad game for the Bullgryn because I thought the hammer would do D3 damage, not a flat 4. Another highlight was Celestine charging a unit with incinerators and failing 6 out of 7 3+ saves. Death Cult Assassins also diced up his Terminators super good. I ended up wiping his army, which was a shame because if we had more terrain to use, the game would have been more fun for both of us.

>>54945235
These two are my favorite.

>>54945289
Astropaths are great for Guard. The ignore cover mechanic is nice, especially if you find yourself up against a power armor unit in cover. They are cheap, and they are really awesome for giving Conscript blobs a 4+ save and Bullgryn a 1+ or 3++ save.
>>
File: Imperial line center.jpg (1MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial line center.jpg
1MB, 2016x1512px
>>54945449

The speeder and its scouts drive-by a searchlight and take it out in a hail of heavy bolter fire. With the final parting shots of the turn, the marine scouts unload their sniper rounds into the ministorum priest and kill him with 2 6s to wound. His head explodes in red mist, taking my double attack bonus with it.

----

IG is up. Seeing the Storm Lords move their Raider 13 inches away, I have either the option of advancing and eating their charge, or pulling back 6 and forcing them to take another round of shooting. I decide to pull back a bit, making a marine charge risky for him to try, and throw a salamander into the center to force him to move around it and waste inches.

The vulture jets off the left flank while the salamanders hunker down in the corners for better accuracy.

Shooting phase. I light up the Land Raider, give the Bring it Down orders to both lascannon teams, planning to fire on the juggernaught with everything in my army. I don't need to.

In the master stroke of the game, my first lascannon team levels their cannons and fires 3 AT lasers into the approaching tank. All 3 hit without any searchlight support. All 3 wound. All 3 saves fail. 16 wounds inflicted from 3 hits. In a single salvo, the Raider is wiped from the field, taking 4 marines with it and leaving a smoking crater behind.

Bereft of their primary target, the rest of the IG goes nuts and shoots at everything. The surviving marines and librarian retreat under fire and lose another half their number before finding some ruins to jump into. The vulture hoses the bikes and drops 2. The vindicare knocks 2 wounds off the Librarian with his Exitus rifle, and the right flank salamander even knocks out the land speeder.

Things are looking good for the 27th Steel Legion.

2/2
>>
>>54945399
>Puff words to build up stakes totally mean that even though Chaos got reamed constantly if they squeek out on bare win they'll totally win the event.

And you honestly believe it. Sad.
>>
File: turn2.png (7MB, 3000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
turn2.png
7MB, 3000x1500px
>>54945488

Turn 2

The Storm Lords are quick to recover from the thrashing they got charging into the imperial center. The rhino drops off a combat squad of tac marines, who use the vehicle as cover while securing the relic. The chaddanaught lumbers up to the center salamander, intended as a roadblock, keen to punish it for over extending.

The chapter master moves up on his bike, as well, and the bikes circle the structure on the imperial left center to threaten the russes with bike-mounted meltas.

The bikes fry the left russ, reducing it to slag before turning to charge the left flank salamander. Snipers drop more lascannon teams with help from the dreads, who don't want to see the heavy weapon platforms get another round of lucky shooting in.

---

IG is up. The left flank salamander just throttles away from the bikes and makes for the enemy deployment zone, threatening to get a VP for it unless the bikes chase it. The vulture circles around and strafes the scouts, wiping all of them if it weren't for 3 lucky FNPs. Triple boxcars keeps them in the fight.

The right flank salamander also jets forward, taking the scout squad on a chase back across the board same as the left one. All over the field Tempestus scions rain down in their grav chutes, unleashing melta and plasma into the remaining Astartes armor units. Amazingly, they only manage to cripple and not kill either dread. It takes 180+ FRFSRF lasrifle shots to finally drop the pregnaught, losing its last wound to a peasant-operated flashlight.

The conscripts advance and, at the Commissar's order, charge the remaining dread in order to get some distance across the field. They do 2 wounds to the walker, which drops 2 of them for their trouble. Amazingly, they pass morale.
>>
File: gif.gif (260KB, 266x207px) Image search: [Google]
gif.gif
260KB, 266x207px
>>54945509
>if I disagree with the words, they don't matter or exist

Amazing.
>>
File: IMG_20170720_223556.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170720_223556.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>54945235
[LINE HOLDING INTENSIFIES]
>>
File: turn3.png (6MB, 3000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
turn3.png
6MB, 3000x1500px
>>54945515

It's turn 3 and the marines need to make something happen. Fortunately they have grabbed the relic and run of with it, hoping their dreadnaught and character units can bog down the imperial hammer long enough to stall out the win. The backfield tac squad turns and engages the scions that grav'd in behind them and melta'd the chad, easily felling 4 of the 5 in a single charge.

The chapter master drives his bike between the smoking wrecks in the center field and slams into the conscripts, adding his melee powerhouse to the dreadnaught to try to swing the battle. The librarian won't let the honor be all his, and also joins in the fray. Conscript bodies pile up, and by the end of it 22 die in a single round of combat while only doing 2 wounds to the characters and 1 to the dread.

---

IG. Despite the carnage in the center and the relic fleeing further and further away, Yarrick doesn't seem worried. He raises his klaw in the air and signals the last remaining searchlight, which illuminates the astartes captain on his bike. The FRFSRF order is given to the second conscript unit, and the Get back in the Fight! order to the mangled one which withdrew from the melee. A total of 260 lasrifle shots kill the Librarian and reduce the warlord to 1 wound, which the Vindicare prompted robs him of with another Exitus shot. Warlord slain.

Meanwhile, the vulture has completed its maneuver and gatlings the tac squad with the relic, killing all 5 retreating marines in one round of shooting and forcing them to drop the precious objective. The plasma russes overcharge their cannons and vaporize the bike squad on their left, scions on the right anchor structure rapid fire down the scouts, and the left flank salamander skirts into the enemy deployment zone. The game ends bottom of turn 3 with complete Steel Legion victory.
>>
>>54945275
I don't think the lad is Carnac, just a guy pretending to be him.
>>
>>54945551
throw a rock at him just to be sure
>>
>>54945213
What model do those ogyrn proxy for?
>>
>>54945534
Angry parrot of truth
>>
>>54945530
Its funny you say it when you refuse to admit the text that says Lorgar was elevated by multiple patrons.
>>
>>54945551
If he shitposts he's Carnac, if he doesn't shitpost he's a very clever Carnac
>>
>>54945316
What's the model up front with the large hammer?
>>
Emperor's Champion is considered a name character, right? As in regards to relics?

I ask because the shit reader that inhabit 1d4chan say "hur dur make Smashfucker liek dis" ignoring the rules say you can't take the Shield Eternal on Captains in Gravis Armour. However making a T6 dude with the Ashmantle is pretty neat.

Anyway, Black Templar's Emperor's Champion is a named character, right?
>>
Can someone get me an 888 kb file of a picture of a skull please?
>>
File: 1501982626150.gif (3MB, 663x603px) Image search: [Google]
1501982626150.gif
3MB, 663x603px
>>54945565
>still thinks I'm Carnac

lmao
>>
>>54945565
>>54945574
This was the guy who said BL wasn't canon, something Carnac has only said once and it was ironic 'hur hur' counter, which was wrong any way but I screencapped it for prosperity. It's easy to pretend to be him, act arrogant, not understand/read English and twist words to fit your meaning.
>>
>>54945480
what did the crusaders do since they weren't in a transport? Just asking since I've been debating whether to take some.
>>
Reminder that:

Once upon a time there was a very friendly Guardanon with a fully painted force who liked to post batreps and WIP and generally be a cool guy. His Guardsmen weren't golden demon, not even high end, but they were pointed perfectly find for how many he had (more than you iirc). Every single time he would post though, there would be one or two autistic fucknuts who would make all sorts of noise about their color and quality. Now he knew they were not great, just like you he painted them simple and clean in batches to stay sane and look good altogether on the table. The shit slinging would not stop though no matter how much of a positive force he was in this thread, like most guardanons are. Eventually it became so bad that to spare the rest of us from constant derailments and shitposting wherever he went....he exiled himself. He set out in a quest to update EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE of his Guardsmen so as to quash his detractors, never again to post a batrep till he was done. He does it for us!
Some say, on certain nights, you can still catch him posting.....always an unfinished pile of Guardsmen in his pics, forever painting.

We call him Red Guard Guy
>>
>>54945589
I knew you weren't bro. You're the lad who said BL isn't canon, right? Should talk to Carnac bout that, but he ignored you few threads ago.
>>
>>54945545

In hindsight, I brought a list that was too strong and I have come to regret it. This was my first 8th edition game and I was unsure how powerful this would be. In 7th I always took 2 units of 50 (1 conscript 1 infantry) and used the order + psyker + kurov's aquila buff stack to make them work, which made them good but not great. In 8th the changes to melee make the conscript/commissar combo ridiculous. I'll have to replace them with something else in the future.

I also really fucked up moving my infantry back turn 1, since I am still using a 7th ed hindbrain and reflexively wanted to put 20" between the enemy and my infantry to guarantee a round of rapid firing. When I did this, the game spectators were like "so...you're moving back? Huh...That's...interesting..."

I can see why now, since 8th lets you just disengage and shoot using the Back in the Fight order. It's not as potent as FRFSRF, but I shouldn't have pulled back and ceded ground just for a better opening lasgun volley.

I also fucked up targeting priority with my scions, who buried meltaplas into vehicles to almost no effect. Vehicles are much better damage sponges than they used to be, so these guys would have been better used chewing up infantry than trying and failing to drop dreadnaughts.
>>
>>54945605
>people who care about standard of painting

as long as they're painted, I'd love to play against it. Tired of playing against grey hordes and 3 dots of colour on a model's head.
>>
>>54945561
Grotesques.
>>
File: IMG_0637.jpg (355KB, 1016x710px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0637.jpg
355KB, 1016x710px
How does the thunderbolt fighter with missiles do compared to its equal in points of manticores?
I'm taking the thunderbolt for cool factor but does it really have anything the manticore doesn't other than maneuverability?
I never want to see a street sign again
>>
>>54945605
spergs always ruin everything. we would be better off without them around here rather than having people posting interesting stuff like that guardanon
>>
>>54945577

Ministorum priest. That's a relic thing he's holding.
>>
File: goblin.jpg (56KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
goblin.jpg
56KB, 600x620px
You know, these Goblins from LoTRs could make great poxwalkers.
>>
>>54945644
As long as you don't use them in GW
>>
>>54945579
Yup. He's unique.
>>
File: IMG_0729.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0729.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>54945605
I'm not bothered when I get shit on for posting an unpainted army, but I've set to have my army at least table top ready for my LGSs 1500 pt tourney, it'll feel good to not see a single bit of grey in my entire force, all I have left is one flyer and a squad of scions and I've got till the 2nd
Probably will batrep more after I'm done because it makes me feel like I actually have friends
>>
>>54945654
>don't go using these GW models for GW models in a GW store
>>
>>54945590
My bad.

Still, Chaos gonna be btfo.
>>
>>54945656
Thanks. Shame, really. I've always loved the model.
>>
File: BA_Banner.jpg (12KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
BA_Banner.jpg
12KB, 195x195px
Would Ork Boy shoota arms fit and look alright on Nobz? I want to field Nobz with kustom shootas.
>>
>>54945605
>The shit slinging would not stop though no matter how much of a positive force he was in this thread, like most guardanons are

Someone is doing the shit flinging/posting here, and guard makes up the most numbers here.
>>
>>54945600
Since they have the movement faith, I was going to faith move them, then move them up for some nice 13-18 inch movement plus charging. I didn't have to though, he ended up deepstriking nearby so I just ran up and stabbed him. They got shot a little bit, but it wasn't too bad. I wouldn't say they need a transport, but it depends on who you are fighting and what else you have. I've run them a few times without and a few times with and both ways have performed well enough. If you have good terrain, they can hide well for a counter charge. If your force is more aggressive, like you have a bunch of mech vets/scions in transports, then I'd grab a transport to help keep up and run interference for anything that tries to attack your mens.
>>
>>54945656
Different guy but damn. Being forced to take the Templar's shitty warlord trait is terrible for me. Much rather that extra wound+feel no pain.
>>
File: 1384291342364.jpg (52KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
1384291342364.jpg
52KB, 800x680px
>>54945624
If you want a FW flyer you're better off with a dual Gatling Vulture.
>>
>>54945644
I've used Crypt Ghouls as pox walkers in my games, I like the look of them a lot more.
>>
>>54945644
No they won't; New Line Cinema forced GW to make them 26mm or 27mm. So they're slightly smaller than models of equiv size.

>>54945683
Kind of a different question, really. Black Templars are Black Templars. You have to pick Black Templar's trait.
>>
>>54945579
Its a title, he isnt a named character
>>
File: IMG_3820.jpg (106KB, 776x651px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3820.jpg
106KB, 776x651px
>>54945590
>BL isn't canon
These are the most cancerous of autists
>>
>>54945699
Non-unique warlords of a particular chapter can choose one of the generic Warlord traits.
>>
I strapped a regular boltgun to my Daemon Prince to represent a Warp Bolter, but I'm considering, maybe, modifying a sonic blaster and applying greenstuff instead.
My army is Emperor's Children, so I'm probably gonna get another Sonic Weapon upgrade kit in the future, should I cut the Boltgun off and replace it with a Sonic Blaster when I do? It means I'll need to repaint the area but I don't really mind that.
>>
>>54945704
Fluff wise yes. Rules wise no. For example his "relic" is the Black Sword. You cannot give him another.
>>
Are there similar gunships in the fluff like the Fire Raptor but...sleeker? I love my Xiphon, but I want something with more guns
>>
>>54945605
What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>54945704
That's what I was wondering. If that's the case, I can give him the Crusader Helm or whatever. He has his own unique gear though.

>>54945728
Yeah but Black Templar's are unique, it says only one model per army and they're a Black Templar unit, not a whatever you want chapter unit.

>>54945750
This is what I thought hence asking. I'm just waiting for somebody to say otherwise.

>>54945710
Well argue with the faggot who said so. Carnac will argue that X and Y doesn't count as canon cause he said so, or it's 'old'.
>>
>>54945748
Well if you don't mind doing it and know you're getting more upgrade kits in the future anyway you might as well do it.
>>
>>54945771
He's a "named character". See page 207.
>>
>>54945784
I was just asking if people thought the blaster would look better than the bolter.
I don't want to do it if it'll look silly.
I'm probably gonna hold the gun up to the model when I get it though to do some measurements I guess. Just figured I'd ask 40kg's opinions.
>>
File: vulture pursues relic.jpg (970KB, 1512x2016px) Image search: [Google]
vulture pursues relic.jpg
970KB, 1512x2016px
>>54945617

A couple more pictures from the game's key moments
>>
>>54945795
That's what I thought but was preparing in case of WAAC/RAW fags got involved.
>>
>>54945429
Considering that it has 24 wounds, even if you roll perfectly you can only bring it to half (which is still unlikely).
>>
File: 102_5360.jpg (310KB, 990x435px) Image search: [Google]
102_5360.jpg
310KB, 990x435px
Test models Left to Right 1 to 4

Which way of painting skin do you like most?
>>
File: conscripts swarm dreadnaught.jpg (913KB, 1512x2016px) Image search: [Google]
conscripts swarm dreadnaught.jpg
913KB, 1512x2016px
>>54945818
>>
>>54945671
From far away and at a glance, yeah. Up close and inspected, regular boy arms are noticeably gimpy on nob bodies.
Kinda depends on what exact arms you try to mix/match. Big shoota arms might look okay. Give it a try, but just know that they ARE different sizes.
>>
>>54945819
The points page provides the clarity for RAW.
>>
File: blood angel.jpg (272KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
blood angel.jpg
272KB, 1600x1200px
Blood angels anyone?
>>
>>54945837
Yeah but that just says he gets his weapons for free and there is no single named Emperor's Champion, so they could argue he could bung the Crusader Helm on his head.
>>
Can you shoot characters even when they're not the closest target when you're shooting with soulburst? Because it's technically not the shooting phase?
>>
>>54945691
>looks like shit
>terrible anti tank potential
>thunderbolt looks awesome and fits the WW2 bomber wing aesthetic I'm going for when I get a second one and a maurader
No thanks I don't buy FW based off memes
>>
File: IMG_4103.jpg (138KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4103.jpg
138KB, 640x480px
>>54945854

Aeldari players everyone
Also no, kill yourself and play a real army
>>
>>54945879

>shitposts on instinct
guard/chaos players everyone
>>
>>54945854
Yes, if it's not during a shooting phase.
This is why psychic powers can target characters.
and noise marines can wreck shit if they die during anything that isn't the shooting phase which is why my opponents learned not to aim smites at my noise marines
>>
>>54945854
Still follows the rules for shooting, so no
>>
>>54945671
Does my question fit better in /wip/?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170818-205323.jpg (454KB, 929x1169px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170818-205323.jpg
454KB, 929x1169px
>>54945850
No. The Emperor's Champion is literally in the stat block labeled "named characters". Those are the words that the Warlord traits and relic sections cite. Here's a screenshot from the index. But same idea. It's explicit.
>>
>>54945902
>>54945854
>As if it were the shooting phase
So no, no sniping characters with Elf deaths
>>
>>54945836
That's what I was afraid of but how do I get kustom shootas on them then?
>>
>>54945827

The second one. Not as bland as 1 or 3, not as heavy on the wash as 4.
>>
>>54945666
Seriously, satan. They're hyper anal about their LotR shit because licencing.
>>
>>54945907
Those only apply if you do so in the shooting phase.
>>
>>54945902
Pretty sure this is wrong.

"The unit may shoot as if it's your shooting phase" would mean you follow all the normal rules.

Also hell, if you can ignore targeting rules when shooting outside of the shooting phase, why not ignore range and los rules too.
>>
>>54945912
Thanks lad. Don't have it on me.
>>
File: 20170806_223735.jpg (3MB, 1735x1876px) Image search: [Google]
20170806_223735.jpg
3MB, 1735x1876px
>>54945235
Gonna paint this weekend
>>
File: 1404618225861.jpg (67KB, 397x399px) Image search: [Google]
1404618225861.jpg
67KB, 397x399px
>>54945934
Apologies I didn't know the wording for Soulburst.
Sucks to be them then.
>>54945952
No you still use the guns profile, but the rules for targeting characters specifies during the shooting phase.
Music of the Apocalypse isn't worded the same as Soulburst, it just states "the slain model can make a shooting attack with one of it's ranged weapons, or throw a grenade, even uf the model's unit is within 1" of the enemy."
However I can't target the unit that is locked in combat with me, but I can target characters and other enemies not locked in combat.
>>
File: IMG_4719.jpg (34KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4719.jpg
34KB, 1280x720px
>>54945894
>call the armies most played on this board shitposters
>Hope to get lucky and I'm one of them
Nice idea, poor execution though, I'll let you try again if you want
>>
>Emperor's Champion?
>No, this is my emperor's champion, notice that it isn't a proper noun and therefore not a named character

>>54946030
>n-no you didn't pin me down
>>
>>54946015
>2 Guns
Yes, someone did it.

My thanks, anon
>>
>>54946016
That really feels like an oversight to me. Sounds correct RAW but I don't know about RAI
>>
>>54946015
I didn't know they made a model for alucard
>>
File: IMG_20170818_220130452-1664x936.jpg (246KB, 1664x936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170818_220130452-1664x936.jpg
246KB, 1664x936px
>>54945235
Well, my Ruststalkers are my favourite squad, but tonight I converted some more battle servitors, so I'm going to have to go with Logan-5 as individual model. I've sorted out the big globs of greenstuff on the hand, and he'll make a decent leader for his gang of 20.

I just wish I could get the camera to actually focus on him.
>>
>>54945894
>Someone else acknowledges those 2 playerbases as the real cancer
Bless you, anon.
>>
Where the steel legion plastics just memes or what?
>>
File: games workshop.jpg (28KB, 318x320px) Image search: [Google]
games workshop.jpg
28KB, 318x320px
>>54945710
Black Library and the Star Wars extended universe are the same. Warhammer and Star Wars are both products that were written with various inconsistencies that demanded other, more talented writers to come in and try to salvage things like why General Grevious or Abbadon were ever considered a threat if they never win. Unfortunately, both are considered by their owners to be non-canon due most likely to the fact that it makes it no longer a work of the original author(s) and makes them feel insecure. It also isn't run through a corporate panel for the express purpose of selling as many toys as possible, which is a precedent that they dare not set.
>>
File: Do_You_Lift.jpg (311KB, 1000x756px) Image search: [Google]
Do_You_Lift.jpg
311KB, 1000x756px
>>54945235
>>
>>54946090
Anon, all factions are cancer
40kg is carcinogenic>>54946095
>>
>>54946095
Just memes. The lasgun from the rumor engine article was the pistol for Necromunda Escher ganger.
>>
>>54946015
Please post the results here.
>>
File: 2ngZocA_zps031e1050.gif (2MB, 350x310px) Image search: [Google]
2ngZocA_zps031e1050.gif
2MB, 350x310px
Convince me to not go to my local GW's birthday tomorrow and blow 150$ on Burning of Prospero. Do they even give free stuff for parties anymore?
>>
>>54946098
BL is canon though. They've stated as much. Hell I even asked at Open Day if the FW writings were canon too - and they are.

There is only one 40K thing that isn't canon: Space Marine the videogame.
>>
>>54946070
I don't really do it unless my opponent starts smiting me, I usually have better targets for MotA.
I tend to choose units my opponent hasn't shot with yet if I can to reduce the number of shooting they can actually do.
Like one time during a small local tournament a group of Stormtroopers came in from reserves and shot my noise marines to shit with meltas, my dying marines wiped the second squad that came in before it could shoot, then on my turn my surviving marines finished off the other squad of troopers.
>>
>>54946015
.My name is Not Important
>>
File: image.jpg (699KB, 1640x2033px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
699KB, 1640x2033px
>>54945235
Ignore the dust. I haven't used my 30k shit in months.
>>
File: LizardDuncan.png (41KB, 321x309px) Image search: [Google]
LizardDuncan.png
41KB, 321x309px
>>
>>54946090
Mostly putting together the volume of shitposts with the most numerous group
>>
>>54946127
Make it 180 and you get the limited Captain for free. At 150 you get an Inquisition bag, notebook and deck of cards alongside a Chaos sticker
>>
>>54945181
Why do people keep saying that Sanguinusa will be back? Nigga is dead. Bring back the other primarchs instewad... heck, make Magus reddem himself or something (TTS style would be welcome)
>>
>>54946015
>My name is not important; what is important is what I'm going to do. I just fucking hate this galaxy, and the xenos worms feasting on its carcass. My whole life is just cold, bitter hatred, and I always wanted to die violently. This is the time of vengeance, and no life is worth saving, and I will put in the grave as many as I can. It's time for me to kill and it's time for me to die; my genocide crusade begins... here!
>>
>>54946160
Because Space Jesus. Why else? He died for our sins.
>>
>>54946155
So pure coincidence and circumstance?
>>
File: AlphaDuncan.png (49KB, 321x309px) Image search: [Google]
AlphaDuncan.png
49KB, 321x309px
>>
File: I didn't fuck it up.jpg (138KB, 1440x814px) Image search: [Google]
I didn't fuck it up.jpg
138KB, 1440x814px
>>54945235
>>
>>54946160
>>
>>54946155
>>54945894
Yet I don't see chaos players with fireside stories written about them and how chill they are?
>>
>>54946183
But seriously, there is nothing? IO thought people at least had a sauce for that. But thanks
>>
>>54946098
Go home Carnac, you're drunk
>>
>>54946194
What's this guys name?
>>
File: AlphaDuncan2.png (78KB, 321x309px) Image search: [Google]
AlphaDuncan2.png
78KB, 321x309px
>>54946217
Long time there has been a prophecy written by Sanguinius talking about a Golden Armoured warrior standing before the Emperor. Something about standing before the blade that will strike the Emperor down and by standing in front of the blade, the figure will buy the Emperor a few seconds more. But a few seconds more could change the fate of history.

Plus in Gathering Storm book 3, I think, the Blood Angels and the forces trying to contain the super warp crystal on that planet in Angel's Blade are told to come back to Baal. Then the warp storms block all communication. However suddenly a communication comes through from an unknown sender, from an unknown source, saying that the 'Angel needs them'. And Sanguinius was called the Angel.

>>54946239
Have a guess.
>>
>>54946139
>haven't used my 30k shit in months
This is the 30k community in a nutshell
>>
>>54946212

they dont linger long enough to make up stories about themselves
>>
>>54946226
But that was saying BL isn't canon because it's all done for shekels. Carnac is pro-BL, retard.
>>
>>54946239
>Brother "For The Emperor, Wink Wink" Duncan
>>
>>54946251
>Angel needs them
Ooooh nice
>>
>>54945691
HEAVY 40. FUCKING BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
>>
>>54946280
30,000 Marines were on Baal to defend it and most of the died and still had to be rescued by Girlyman. If there isn't a hint of Sanguinius intervening somewhere to help them....

>>54946295
I'm not Carnac you stupid fuck I'm telling you to stop replying to people who obviously isn't him.
>>
>>54946299
Don't forget it gets strafing run and bombs unlike another vankyrie variant sold by FW
>>
>>54946198
Every time I see someone attempt that conversion it's lazier than the last.
>>
>>54946268
Nigga all that is true. It happened like teo weeks ago
>>
>>54946332
>glues a bolt pistol to the guys hip
>I did it guys!
>>
>>54946299

https://youtu.be/ovRhLzL_ZHQ?t=1m17s
>>
Hey guys, I want to play Aeldari, with a particular interest in fielding lots of mandrakes and reapers with the default reaper launcher. But at the same time, I don't want to be called a WAACfag. What do I do?
>>
Does being able to fall back make close combat bad this edition? A lot of plebs in Dakka Dakka seem convinced that is the case.
>>
>>54946350
Don't ask for advice from shitposters
>>
File: 1499734015337.png (133KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1499734015337.png
133KB, 560x407px
>>54946350
Stop being such an insecure faggot?
>>
>>54946374
this
>>
>>54946367
I originally wanted to run pure DE but I wanted an alternative to ravagers. I was suggested Eldar reapers. Seemed like good advice at the time
>>
>>54946365
It basically makes close combat impossible if you can't kill the enemy in one turn, or if you're fighting against someone too stubborn to retreat ie not a coward
>>
>>54946374
But people on the internet will call me a cuck
>>
>>54946350
No one is going to call you a WAACfag for Fielding Mandrakes and Dark Reapers.
>>
File: mecha squiggy.jpg (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
mecha squiggy.jpg
2MB, 1944x2592px
>>54945235
tied for me.
>>
>>54946365
It does a little, this is why my army needs some Fiends of Slaanesh
>I fall back so my other dudes can shoot you
>oh no you fucking don't
Although if you're smart, you can usually use pile ins and consolidations to drag gun lines into melee so they have less things to shoot with even if they do fall back.
>>
>>54946318
Good, but when additional lore will be comming?
>>
>>54946416
I feel like the one on the right is screaming at some poor infantryman
>>
>>54945624
>Rule of Cool
Do the thunderbolt man, it's one of the 5 best flyers in the game
>>
>>54946404
Maybe if you weren't such a fucking cuck people wouldn't call you one.
>>
File: IMG_0632.jpg (210KB, 1600x762px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0632.jpg
210KB, 1600x762px
>>54946436
I know, shits badass
One day I will run an army with two thunderbolts and a marauder destroyer for my WW2 bombing wing
>>
>>54946364
What is this?
>>
File: 1502785131831.png (367KB, 382x512px) Image search: [Google]
1502785131831.png
367KB, 382x512px
FREE TAY K
>>
>>54946365
Close combat is used as a finishing manuever. Specialist in it generate a lot of attacks and are usually very lethal. So it's used to finish squads. What you cannot expect is to just sit on a squad you have a slight advantage over and grind them down over the whole game. Close Combat is powerful, and it's easier than ever to get there quickly, but it's short.
>>
File: IMG_1372.jpg (207KB, 998x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1372.jpg
207KB, 998x682px
>>54946454
For sure.
I do the same with the Hell Blades and Hell Talons. I know CSM can get Fire Raptors, Storm Eagles etc but I can't escape how amazing the pure chaos ones look.
I can't field flying bricks when these are options.
>>
>>54945256
This. Slambo is great.
>>
File: 1323.jpg (16KB, 313x288px) Image search: [Google]
1323.jpg
16KB, 313x288px
>interest in 40k has waned considerably after learning about the existence of these 2 fucking cunts called Aaron-Dembski-Bowden and LJ Goulding
>mfw these turds are Chaos fanboys and are bullying other Black Library writers into making the Imperium a bigger turd than it was before and making Chaos more competent
>>
>>54946432
Few weeks, Devastation of Baal is a novel.
>>
>>54946468
I have a feeling some people are running very single note combat armies without enough fire support.
>>
>>54946365
Close combat has to hit hard and fast, you can't expect to charge a unit and have it stuck for 2-3 turns until it dies, you need to do serious damage the first time you swing
On top of that melee is good for making units that are very expensive and don't wanna be in combat (large blocks of necron warriors, devistators, almost all vehicles that aren't walkers) waste a turn pulling out and risking a recharge if the unit isn't taken care of, on top of that the charging unit can consolidate or pile in to other units free of overwatch
A lot of melee oriented units have been buffed to hit a lot harder since they can't expect to do damage slowly or "tarpit" the opponent
>>
>>54946531
Honestly if you let your interest in the hobby wain because of two shitty writers with fake 4chan made rumors around them you shouldn't be in the hobby
>>
File: 102_5361.jpg (341KB, 992x497px) Image search: [Google]
102_5361.jpg
341KB, 992x497px
>>54945947
Noted
>>
>>54946365
Not really, all the units that are good in cc this edition basically murder entire units in one round or less. Like 1 Khorne Berzerker now throws out 4 S6 AP-1 and 2 S4 AP0 attacks that hit on 3s each round of combat. Imperial knights similarly throw out 12 S8 AP-2 Dd3 attacks without melee weapons.

Basically GW looked at any unit they wanted to be viable in melee this edition and massively boosted them sky fucking high.

So you can look at your index and determine in about 4 seconds whether most units are good in melee. Do they have 4+ attacks in melee? If so, they're good, otherwise they're situational at best.
>>
>>54946567

I don't care about the real life rumors 4chan has made about them

I care about them being fucking snobs on Bolter and Chainsword, demeaning to anyone and everyone, and bragging about their shit vision now becoming canon
>>
File: Khorne_Daemonkin_Codex_Artwork.jpg (178KB, 600x797px) Image search: [Google]
Khorne_Daemonkin_Codex_Artwork.jpg
178KB, 600x797px
PRAISED BE THE GOREFATHERS NAME
>>
File: 1404618129124.jpg (220KB, 499x468px) Image search: [Google]
1404618129124.jpg
220KB, 499x468px
>>54946531
>tfw I'm chaos
>tfw hate ADB and Goulding
I just think they're cunts.
>>
File: 1502063652927.png (14KB, 299x250px) Image search: [Google]
1502063652927.png
14KB, 299x250px
>>54945316
Holy shit it is you AGAIN

No one cares about your conscript spam MSU scion forgeworld pay to win bulshit.
>>
>>54945316
>500 point IG list
>>
>>54946585
Proofs of this?
>>
File: 1460957114631.gif (75KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1460957114631.gif
75KB, 1200x1200px
>>54945247
Daily reminder that Orks have already won, because they have already achieved their end-goal of endless fighting.
>>
File: 1502992544079.png (114KB, 1635x699px) Image search: [Google]
1502992544079.png
114KB, 1635x699px
>>54946667

here's a taste
>>
>>54946667
>"The war is over. Humanity has lost. Warhammer 40k - in all its Gothic, towering, Cylopean, decrepit, doomed, rotting Byzantine majesty - has taken its first irrevocable step."
- ADB, BL Author

>hur dur dey aint trying to make it der fing lolz
>>
>>54946726
Source of that quote please
I'm really surprised they can openly post that kind of shit, I figured there'd be certain lore points they'd have to stick to
>>
File: star-wars-legion-1.png (431KB, 500x517px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-legion-1.png
431KB, 500x517px
where were you when 40k died?
>>
>>54945564
Well-endowed Eagle of disapproval
>>
>>54946721
I can most certainly tell them they're wrong. I can tell them that they're shitting on work come before them. I can tell them that they are dragging the setting kicking and screaming in their direction. I can tell them that they are alienating not just the Imperial and Xenos players, but the Chaos players as well. Chaos isn't winning by dint of being better or whatever, it's winning and does win because ADB (and by extension, Goulding) have decided that's what is going to happen. They're the most senior members of BL and the chances that they're letting other authors get on with it is defeated by the fact that nearly every other author follows their tune and even contradicts their own work. Hell, the argument about Blood Ravens caused a massive fracture in BL.

>>54946766
Master of Mankind, afterword I believe.
>>
>>54946769
Still at it huh?
>>
>>54946788
didn't Goulding quit a while ago?
>>
>>54946454
>>
>>54946769

I'm curious how it not being pre-painted will play out. That said I'm excited to add another minis game to my collection.
>>
>>54946814

If it's like X-Wing, normies will lap it up (like Heroclix), but for repainting it's not ideal. I'm still glad it's going to exist, because hopefully it means some third party retailer will make resin not-Star Wars miniatures in better detail that I can paint myself.
>>
>>54946769
It's funny because so many people say "just slap star wars on it and it'll sell like crazy hur dur Disney" but I actually actively avoid anything star wars since I dislike the lore and aesthetic not to mention community, so even if this game was amazing I'd probably not play it because I don't like star wars
>>
>>54946814
It's too much dedication for normies, and also it'll end out like Lord of The Rings game, in that when Normies are tired of the movies, this game will die horribly
>>
>>54946831

I'm not sure where you're going. The figures are NOT pre-painted.
>>
>>54946788
BL authors need better editors aka tard ranglers to keep that shit in check
>>
>>54946807
Yes. He is now part of Riot's Narrative team under 'Senior Narrative Director'. This leaves ADB in charge and he's basically running the show now. Goulding's official title at GW (not BL, but GW) was 'Commissioning Editor'. He sure as fuck didn't act like it.

>>54946831
X-Wing is lapped up cause it's pre-painted. If Star Wars painting figures would knock 40k out they'd have done it 20 years ago when GW wasn't so entrenched.
>>
>>54946626

Oh gee golly, now you gone and hurt my feelings. Sorry that my enjoyment of the hobby is disturbing your constant, pathetic bitch-fitting.
>>
File: 1456980770607.gif (910KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1456980770607.gif
910KB, 250x188px
>>54946726
We all know even if chaos eats galaxy Emperor/Guilliman will make another generation of Geneborn Aemarines in Mortal Galaxies which would look like maps made in paint.
>>
>>54946769
I dont really like Starwars
>>
>>54946813
Legit had a smile creep over my face on seeing that, love me a 40k B17/B29 I'm gonna get mine in the next couple months if finances hold
>>
>>54946869
Honestly still moaning about those fucking maps? And you're moaning about name changes? You do realise GW is literally being sued RIGHT NOW for using the word Elf and stuff, right?
>>
>>54946862
ADB is hired author he decides nothing over GW design studio.
>>
>>54946899
GW doesn't give a flying fuck as long as more shit shells. ADB wants Chaos to win, he's outright stated they will win, he's outright confirmed both in Q&A's and in afterwords he is a Chaos fanboy. He's confirmed the only loyalist Marines he likes are Blood Angels. He likes Sanguinius too. So much so Master of Mankind has a special unique Blood Angels in it just so he can save the fucking day. Oh and a page of said Blood Angel witnesses an echo of Sanguinius fighting at the Eternity gate.

ADB will get his way and it'll be paved the way with titans, OC you've never heard of but are super important, women, black people and crippling daddy issues. Oh and Tzeentch is best lol.
>>
>>54946929
I was with you until you started bitching about women and black people
>>
>>54946957
Did I say it was bad? He just has them in every story and if he's gonna do it they're gonna be in it. Calm the fuck down.
>>
File: [Autistic Screeching].gif (2MB, 283x313px) Image search: [Google]
[Autistic Screeching].gif
2MB, 283x313px
>>54946957
>it's an anon sees /pol/ when there isn't any such thing and screeches episode

This is you.
>>
>>54946972
I'm actually pretty relaxed right now painting some conscripts with some netflix playing in the background, nursing a gin and tonic

ADB's chaos stuff is annoying as is his penchant for creating special sue characters. the women and negro comment just seemed a little out of left field
>>
>>54946929
I for one am genuinely curious what ADB's relationship with his dad was, because the issues in the book are profound
>>54947026
>nursing a gin and tonic
My brother
>>
>>54946957
>I was with you till you started bitching about women and black people
Pretty much my reaction daily on 4chan
>>
File: ADB is a faggot.png (64KB, 768x820px) Image search: [Google]
ADB is a faggot.png
64KB, 768x820px
>>54947026
Not really, they're pretty much in every single book he's done so he's gonna put them in there somewhere. Hell, it's even on the ADB Bingo.

>master of mankind
>4 women
>one is a super sorry Knight Titan pilot who is super resourceful and is a queen or some shit and she saves the day
>one is Krole but despite being a major character gets next to no time
>one is Krole's second in command who seems to get slightly more than Krole
>another is the Loyalist Fabricator General who turns Chaos because lol fuck it let's have this super demon manage it lmao

Or what about the First Heretic? Woman who's saved is black (or mixed) and is super important in consoling whatshisface for turning traitor.

Seriously, read the books again and play this bingo card. I got 17. I have no problem with them being there but to say that he doesn't put them in regularly (and I'm pretty sure ADB is pro-black people in sci-fi or some shit) is factually wrong.
>>
>>54947026
>nursing a gin and tonic
Things will get dry now!
>>
>>54946957
He didn't bitch shit, faggot, he just said a truth that ADB puts them in his books. Stating a fact = bitching. Why did you suddenly turn off when he said that? Are you so indoctrinated you REEE at that? Or do you disagree and think there isn't that many blacks and girls in his books?
>>
>>54946769
Ugh, why is it always the garbage aesthetic? Droids vs troopers is so much better. The rebels look like ass and the troopers gear look stupid in the imperial era. Plus there's literally 1 jedi (vader) who can actually be fielded without going full non-canon.

If that was fucking Clone wars shit i'd be fucking game.
>>
>>54947080
Because prequels a shit. A SHIT! REEEE!
>>
>>54947049
Probably the mindset is "by 30k when everyone is either 8 feet of super human or piloting a massive godlike war machine the dimorphism between human sexes isn't too important" all the female characters in "Betrayer" were super solid
Maybe he's just a shit writter following this idea?
>nb4 "muh cucking to sjws"
>>
>>54946526
God damn, the hell blades are so much better looking than the heldrake. Did FW stop producing them?
>>
>>54946769
If it were Kotor id buy it. But its not, and im fucking sick of rebellion era. Atleast fucking use the clonewars era for fuck sake. So sick of Rebels vs Troopers.
>>
>>54945267
looks cool
>>
>>54946769
Stormtroopers make shitty miniatures
>>
>>54947092
I mean sure the actual movies were probably worse (lol midichlorians) but their visual design is way better, the conflict was bigger, there is more room for a 'yourdudes' thing, and humans vs robots lets you mechanically differentiate the factions and units within them without feeling too forced.
>>
>>54945545
Always wanted to see Executioners in action. Now I gotta change my Demolishers.
>>
File: DragonDildo.jpg (140KB, 1014x679px) Image search: [Google]
DragonDildo.jpg
140KB, 1014x679px
>>54945617
that piece of terrain is highly suspect
>>
>>54947116
I would have asked for Old Republic but it's non-canon and as such won't ever be licensed out again :(

TOR era is also way better for a setting than rebels vs troopers. Fucking oldfags wasting their favorite setting with their 'muh OG trilogy.'
>>
File: 1470693270360.gif (2MB, 270x217px) Image search: [Google]
1470693270360.gif
2MB, 270x217px
>>54947049
>>54947069
compared to his chaoswank I just dont see it as that big of a deal
>>
>>54947148
They'll probably expand to other eras if this initial run sells well and let them all fight together. Still though, you're right. If I could play Grievous in this I'd definitely be interested.
>>
>>54947160

Magnets, anon. Magnets. Have every tank, not just one.

>>54947171

Hmm, no one seems to like my smoke plumes.
>>
>>54946198
cool conversion anon. fuck the old ass miniatures that GW won't update
>>
>>54946127
Burning of Prospero gives you marinelets.
>>
>>54947187
That's what people said about the space battles one (Xwing?) and it totally hasn't happened. I wouldn't hold my breath.
>>
first army fully painted and based, now to move onto some primaris
>>
>>54946127
go to the store, but don't buy prospero
>>
>>54947231
Clean that cup in the corner first.
>>
I took a break prior to 8E. Did Tyranids get better with the edition change? I want to buy a bunch of hormagaunts and carnifexes
>>
>>54947231
nurgle wolves?
>>
File: star-wars-legion-06.jpg (100KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-legion-06.jpg
100KB, 900x600px
>>54946769
Wow, these minis are on par with GW's mini from 10 years ago
>>
>>54947221
Not the anon, but this wouldn't discourage me from buying the set.
>>
>>54947295
>bent lightsaber
kek
>>
File: 1501711146383.png (49KB, 142x340px) Image search: [Google]
1501711146383.png
49KB, 142x340px
>>54947295
> That Lightsaber.
>>
>>54947220
I don't really consider it a good conversion. Like the other guy said, it's lazy as fuck. I'd have put a backpack on him but he was the first real conversion I did when I got into the hobby so I didn't have the tools to carve out the resin to fit one on there and I didn't have any spare packs anyway. I plan on doing an updated one down the road with bitz from the AOS khorne skullcrushers kit with more effort put into it to look like it belongs in 40k.
>>
>>54947295
>Wow, these minis are on par with GW's mini from 10 years ago
Dont forget the awful paintjob. Mostly flat colors, lightsabers are literally just painted one color despite being used as fucking flashlights left, right, and center.
>>
File: lemme smash.jpg (4MB, 6745x2169px) Image search: [Google]
lemme smash.jpg
4MB, 6745x2169px
>>54945181
ok guise i think i need to add something to the model.

i have a bunch of the vect's radier slaves and i could add a pair or 3 to this guy's base.

should i?
>>
>>54945341
those look more like Soul Drinkers to me...
>>
>>54945266
>>
>>54947112
Currently unavailable although they could just be remaking the moulds. That happens sometimes.

I always thought the Heldrakes were kind of silly but I do like the lore; the daemonic engines cling to the underside of chaos battleships like bats and when they see the drop pods and gunships launch they detach and are drawn to the fight.
>>
>>54947295
So this is the quality prepainted gets you? It's worse than my shoddy assembly line painting and those are Hq equivilants probably
>>
>>54945361
why double track the Leman Russes?

Seems like a waste.
>>
>>54945843
holy fuck. that thing has to have at the very least 3 blood red paint pots on it.
>>
>>54947337
Probably. Also, sprinkle some snow flock around in piles to look like cocaine if you're gonna go full hookers n blow.
>>
File: 1501887783485.png (102KB, 527x431px) Image search: [Google]
1501887783485.png
102KB, 527x431px
>>54946889

How the fuck is GW not allowed to use Elf but so many other studios, even indie shit ones can use the word freely?

What the fuck
>>
>>54946057
Why wouldn't you?
>>54946015
you may now when you fight start saying...

die...die..die..die..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0Z1RqV4Y1k
>>
>>54947380
>>54947380
LAYERED CERAMITE
A
Y
E
R
E
D

C
E
R
A
M
I
T
E
>>
>>54947398
They're being sued by an idiot with a retarded claim that's gonna blow up in his face.
>>
>>54947397
OH YEA .. need some of that warpdust. i'll use glue/white paint with a drop of blue for tint and bakinsoda and make some lines with it.
>>
>>54946534
cool!
>>
>>54947422
I've heard baking soda yellows over time so be careful. I use snow flock myself, shit's dirt cheap.
>>
>>54946128
and the inquisition war trilogy.

even though it's real in my heart.

ME LINDI! ME LINDI!
>>
What brand of hedonistic sex, drugs and rock and roll fiends should I grab for 8th. Emperors children or Deldar?
>>
>>54947437
i've done that trick before for snow effect. i don't have the models handy buy it stays white because i use 1 part white glue 1 part white paint and like a 1/2 part bakingsoda.

the white paint keeps it from yellowing. also gives it a thicker consistency. Generally looks like snow. if i want more of a powder texture i have to increase the amount of bakingsoda.
>>
>>54947371

Just personal preference. I always thought the models were too narrow for how tall they are. Buying the extra track and panel bits is only like $8 on ebay.
>>
>>54947456
Huh, never thought of that. Well good luck with your hookers and blow, Slaanesh-guy.
>>
File: nids.gif (186KB, 713x800px) Image search: [Google]
nids.gif
186KB, 713x800px
Seriously, someone fucking answer me. Are Tyranids better now than they were?
>>
>>54946098
Wait, but black library IS canon. Even this shit that contradicts other shit. Its all canon, by GW's own admission. Its supposed to represent misinformation that would be rampant in the imperium... or something.
>>
>>54947484
No, I will not answer you
>>
>>54947467
My question was slightly rhetorical.

If it were me, i would build some more tanks/armored vehicles with them.
>>
How good are meka dredds?
Big trakks?
>>
>>54947484
here's your (you)

now fuck off
>>
>>54947283
>nipple
>blue board
MINNA!
>>
>>54945443

> Do you want a spear or a boltgun?
>why not both?
>>
>>54946813
>dat fluffy BT/Steel legion list
>>
>>54947484
Because their players are all stand up fellows! They all all tell me that gene stealers are invincible and wreck all other melee units with minimum effort.
>>
>>54946445
Shut up Chaoscuck. Go die on Konor with your overcosted Elites choices
>>
does anyone know a 3rd party I can buy a piece of terrain like this from? I need a fortification-looking mount for turrets and searchlights and stuff but can't find one in this sort of concrete pyramid style.
>>
>>54947648
I don't even play Chaos, or in the Konor thing.
>>
>>54947294
just darker grey wolves

basically mechanicus standard grey, nuln oil wash, and dawnstone highlight
>>
>>54947192
Magnets are hard to come by in my country.
>>
>>54947484
I have no idea if they're any better.
>>
File: AGWrOUV.jpg (158KB, 647x1000px) Image search: [Google]
AGWrOUV.jpg
158KB, 647x1000px
Any Black Templars players around here? I have a list I was hoping to run by someone more knowledgeable before I make any (more) regrettable purchases.
>>
File: 2000.jpg (128KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
2000.jpg
128KB, 1024x724px
>>54947448
SoBs
>>
>>54947692
You should get some librarians.
>>
File: get the cross.jpg (15KB, 480x712px) Image search: [Google]
get the cross.jpg
15KB, 480x712px
>>54945843
>>
File: 1497836590382.jpg (355KB, 1000x976px) Image search: [Google]
1497836590382.jpg
355KB, 1000x976px
>>54947692
I play Black Templars but I can't give you any list advice because I'm a hobbyist and I don't know shit about good lists.
>>
>>54947080
Well there's Luke too, but really, that's it. For HQs or whatever fucking term they're gonna use for the equivalent, what do the Empire and the Rebels even have? The most I can think of is Luke, Han and maybe Leia for the Rebels, and Vader, Boba Fett and maybe the Emperor for the Empire. Unless they go full non-canon and make some donutsteel shit for characters the options seem like they're gonna be seriously limited.
>>
>>54947710
I chuckled, thanks
>>
File: 1395561796821.png (28KB, 564x450px) Image search: [Google]
1395561796821.png
28KB, 564x450px
>>54947710
>>
>>54947725
They're probably going to release Ben and Yoda figs eventually as well. Just wait for the Tatooine, Death Star and Dagobah expansions.
>>
>>54947692
BT suck.

Librarians are too good this edition to not have a couple.

Roman Marines best marines.
>>
>>54947725
Except luke wasn't in any epic ground battles?
>>
>>54947661
whatever Alpharius, you stupid cuck

>>54947653
EnderToys sells the base and fort like that for $15 on Amazon but doesn't include the actual gun
>>
>>54947763
You and I both know Disney doesn't give a single shit about that.
>>
File: Confusion.gif (4MB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
Confusion.gif
4MB, 280x302px
>>54947783
>whatever Alpharius, you stupid cuck
I play Black Templars
>>
>>54947592
It's a Warp Bolter
it bolts warps
>>
>>54947835
how horrifying
>>
>>54947835
But can it warp bolts?
>>
File: 1404617922382.jpg (93KB, 500x535px) Image search: [Google]
1404617922382.jpg
93KB, 500x535px
>>54947849
Indeed.
I'm probably replacing the boltgun with a sonic blaster in the future though, using greenstuff and super glue.
>>54947860
But of course.
>>
>>54947763
He was at Hoth.

And who knows what they'll stick in in not-Shadows-of-the-Empire.
>>
Eldar are the worst race. Prove me wrong.
>>
I wish there was an easier way to have access to power mauls. I want to do melee acolytes for my melee inquisitor, but I only have access to power swords. S3 power swords are so mediocre.
>>
File: 34600452.jpg (78KB, 680x649px) Image search: [Google]
34600452.jpg
78KB, 680x649px
>>54947942
I can't prove you wrong because the argument is purely subjective and in your mind you've already decided that you're right.
>>
Why don't GW sell bits?

I just ordered 10 combi plasma from Kromlech. GW could have had that money.

Why are they leavng this money on the table?

Do they really think people are going to buy multiple entire kits just to get the guns they want?
>>
Tonight I plan my alpha legion list.
>>
>>54947947
I feel your pain man. I've been looking around for decent mauls and it seems like noone has any. All the third-party companies I've seen have nothing but hammers and swords.
>>
>>54947181
I thought EA's TOR made TOR canon?
>>
File: 99120201047_ChaosWarriors09.jpg (33KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120201047_ChaosWarriors09.jpg
33KB, 600x620px
>>54947947
Chaos Warrior stuff from Fantasy has a lot of maces you can use for mauls.
>>
>>54947966
They used to. Rumor has it a new employee toppled over one of the shelves holding nothing but bitz and they just said "fuck it" to cleaning it up.

More logically and probably true: "If they really need that bit, they'll buy another kit".
>>
>>54947942
How about you prove yourself right first.
>>
>>54947996
Oh they have a good amount of axes too. I like that. I should look for some of the bits, thanks.
>>
>>54948005
No problem, I'm using a lot of the extra bits from the sets with my CSM conversions
>>
>>54947966
I assume it's because the effort involved in breaking down a fuckload of kits to sell the bits would take more trouble than its worth because some shit would absolutely never sell. Still though, they could easily make a bunch of weapons packs for example, or the larger mounts like juggernauts or thunderwolves in separate packages to make unique HQs easier.
>>
>>54948039
They still have some weapon packs on the site
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Space-Marine-Plasma-Guns
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Space-Marine-Meltaguns
also CSM backpacks and SM Jump packs. but most of them are finecast so it's a mixed bag.
>>
>>54947966

I wish they did, really annoying tracking down a bunch of tau weapons. I think what you'd see is that people start just buying armies second hand and bits from GW. I buy a new kit once in a while, but if I knew I could buy any missing bits from GW I would never buy a new kit again.
>>
>>54945213
I was actually pretty please with how my Dark Eldar were coming along but this makes them look like shit
>>
>>54948061
>but most of them are finecast

I can't believe people are still this stupid on /tg/.

GW can't sell weapon kits for cheap unless they are metal or finecast, which you wouldn't even fucking buy. They're not going to make an entirely new plastic mold with a sprue that contains only weapons.

>hur dur just give us 10 weapons they already make

Those are mixed in to infantry sprues you dipshit.
>>
>>54948061
It's a pain in the ass to find them, it feels like they went out of their way to make it hard to see them, they have no category in the shop beyond the webstore exclusives page. Still though, it's cool that they do sell some bits. I'd love to see the old Raptor jump packs on sale there though.
>>
File: Void Vipers 2.jpg (391KB, 1344x760px) Image search: [Google]
Void Vipers 2.jpg
391KB, 1344x760px
>>54945235
He turned out a little more business and a little less flash than I originally intended but I'm still pleased with my Archon.
>>
>>54948097
Yeah, I know, I was just pointing this out, I'm not the one complaining.
>>
>>54948088
My warriors are in the background just for that reason. They were my first DE and thus look like shit(to me). I believe in you anon, you'll harvest the despair of the lesser races with an awesomely painted army with time and practice.
>>
>>54948109
that's a kickass scheme anon.
>>
This guy looks pretty neato

But what purpose is there to have a power maul and a power fist aside from looking cool
>>
>>54948173
The fact that if you don't tell him the truth one or both of those WILL end up in your ass.
>>
>>54948154
thanks my man, I lucked onto it while experimenting
>>
>>54948173
That's not a power maul, that's a crozius
>>
>>54948199

Well, why have two melee weapons I mean

Is it really worth passing up a pistol to switch attacks?
>>
>>54947997

Yeah but if I really need that bit it's much cheaper to buy 10 of them from Kromlech...

Or just make a resin cast of it and sell them to everyone at my club...
>>
>>54948239
He has a pistol too
>>
Just making sure I'm not talking out my ass here: you still need line of sight with Early Warning Systems, right? My friend was worried they didn't because it didn't actually say, even though it says "As though it were your shooting phase"
>>
Do the primaris marines have a scout equivalent? Trainee's I mean. Or are they brought into the world as full fledged marines.
>>
why can't people say intercessor?
>>
>>54948270
unless it says otherwise, you need line of sight to shoot.
>>
>>54948173
>>54948239

Because sometimes you don't need S8 Dd3 -4 with a -1 to hit. Sometimes, you just want to smack some shit like guard or daemons around.
>>
>>54948274
Shroud of Night says they don't.
>>
>>54948280
You mean Incestor?
>>
>>54948258

shit didn't notice that thanks
>>
DE is going to be my first army, a few days ago some anon mentioned that picking up the Gangs of Commorragh set was a good deal. Should I pick up the Start Collecting! Dark Eldar or the Starter collection as well?
>>
>>54948303
boo, I can ignore a bunch of stuff but I really like the different ways chapters train recruits. oh well.
>>
File: DE_Reavers.png (3MB, 996x1412px) Image search: [Google]
DE_Reavers.png
3MB, 996x1412px
>>54948385
If you want a generalist army for sure; gives you a good core to build around. If you know you definitely want a pure Coven or Wych Cult army you could do without, but otherwise the SC + Gangs boxes gives you a pretty credible starting force.
>>
>>54948385
Gangs of Commorragh + Starter Collection, Starter Collection is literally a Start Collecting Box with the Index included.
>>
>>54946433
actually if you look, its opening its mouth to use the heavy flamer to burn the infantryman.

After screaming at him.
>>
>>54948388
Well, in Shroud of Night, an IF captain agrees with you. He doesn't like Primaris.
>>
>>54948239
Fuck if I know, I don't own any Chaplains
>>
>>54946862
I know Graham McNeil is over at Riot, didn't know Laurie was too. McNeil actually put out a rather nice comic today.
>>
>>54948385

Honestly, the DE start collecting box is one of the best buys you can make as a new Deldar player, and most people would recommend getting 2 of them. Every time I debate getting another raider, I think about getting another SC instead.
>>
>>54946957
Seriously. The amount of muh white males are the only ones allowed to exist in 40k is staggering.

I wonder how much overlap there is between the ones who unironically say "PURGE THE XENOS! HERESY! XD" like it's witty or not trite, the ones who talk about God-Emperor Trump, and the ones who REEEEE whenever someone with melanin or no Y chromosome enters the lore.
>>
>>54948480
How many tax points is a command point worth?

I'm pretty sure I could run a brigade and two battalions to get 15 command points, but is that excessive?
>>
>>54948409
>>54948423
>>54948467

thanks anons, the 8th ed coded is expected to drop next year or the year after right?
>>
File: dark eldar phatborn.png (471KB, 600x411px) Image search: [Google]
dark eldar phatborn.png
471KB, 600x411px
>>54948517
a bit
>>
>>54948527
Definitely sometime in 2018.
And DEFINITELY before Sisters.
>>
>>54948527
Presumably; they seem like they're putting them out at a decent rate, but where Dark Eldar are on the ladder is anyones guess. I think sometime next year is a reasonably assumption.
>>
>>54948517

Depends on how risky your playstyle is.

If you're going to be deep striking a lot of dudes trying to get 9" charges you'll need more CP than, say, a IG player rolling a bajillion lasgun shots.
>>
T-they're coming back soon r-right guys?

R-right?
>>
>>54948551
>He didn't buy the knight box set
Fool
>>
File: 1494217617848.gif (980KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
1494217617848.gif
980KB, 450x253px
>>54948551
>Split a Renegade Box with a friend
>Haven't built the knight
>Now I don't have use for it because instead of supplementing GK it now acts against their weaknesses
>>
>>54948551

Just says temporarily out of stock for me
>>
>>54948551
GW is reboxing a bunch of stuff to update it to 8th
>>
File: ForgeWorldTreatMeGently.jpg (32KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
ForgeWorldTreatMeGently.jpg
32KB, 500x502px
>>54948559
>>54948577
>>54948597
>>54948619
>>
>>54948551
There's like five of them sitting in my FLGS. I'm tempted to buy one and heresy the shit out of it but I honestly don't need it.
>>
>>54948551
Nice bait. Work everytime.

Here's a (you)
>>
File: Primaris-Reivers.jpg (87KB, 920x874px) Image search: [Google]
Primaris-Reivers.jpg
87KB, 920x874px
How many fully helmeted heads come in a reiver kit? I can stomach their helmets, its the dumb masks that push me over the edge.
>>
>>54948649
someone post the grappling gun
>>
File: File_000.jpg (2MB, 1200x1241px) Image search: [Google]
File_000.jpg
2MB, 1200x1241px
>>54948630
HERESY
>>
>>54948649
5 x 2
>>
>>54948672
I dont need to build them with the grapple gun, its FINE. If im forced to have a bunch of chadmarines wearing dumb edgy face masks, that'll be too much.
>>
>>54948691
if you go on the GW website and go to the reiver set you can find pictures of the sprues. Check them for helmets and heads
>>
File: 1503058568335.jpg (49KB, 318x461px) Image search: [Google]
1503058568335.jpg
49KB, 318x461px
>>54948649
>>54948691
>They have plenty of helmet options, too – 10 helmets featuring their unique skull design, 10 with the top removed and the lower half remaining and 4 Sergeant-specific bare heads

Literally in the item description my man. Also why are you buying them if you don't like the way they look?
>>
>>54948736
i just hellblasted in my pants
>>
>>54948736
I will concede that I am a dumbass and did not see that. And I think the fully helmeted versions look ok, but the half helmeted ones look like garbage. I can make a full box of 10 with helmets though, so its all good.
>>
>>54948674
Did that guy ever finish this conversion? It looks fucking sick.
>>
>>54945316
Why do your Leman Russes have double tracks? It makes them look a bit more Sci-fi, which is neat, but getting a hand on those bits gotta be expensive.
>>
>>54948791
You could just use normal heads too.
>>
>>54948674
Please tell me thats for an alpha legion army
>>
>>54947283
Yes! Tyranids are one of the best armies in 40k: Infantry blob edition. Getting Hormagaunts is actually an excellent idea. They're insanely fast, and if you deploy them next to the swarmlord and let him cast his power on them, they can move across entire boards within a turn.

Carnifexes are kind of shit now, sadly.
>>
>>54948908
>Openly using daemon engines
>Alpha Legion

No.
>>
>>54949115
Carnifexes aren't shit?
>>
Best way to get plasma guns for IG?
>>
>>54949175

tempestus scions
>>
>>54949161
Shooting Carnifexes are now not worth their point due to the removal of Twinlinked Brainleech Devourers.

MeeleeFexes are usable if you give them four Scy-tals, and put them with Old One Eye for his buff, but you're sinking a lot of points into a kind-of tough kind-of hard hitting group of monsters. And they don't even move that fast.

In general, Carnifexes are outclassed by other options available to Tyranids.
>>
>>54947692
I play BT and would be happy to assist as I'm able!
>>
>>54949207
Sorry let me rephrase.
What's the best way to get Guard Plasma gun bits? I need them for vets.
>>
>>54949224
use scions instead
>>
>>54949224
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Space-Marine-Plasma-Guns

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Legion-Plasma-Gun-Set-2015
>>
>>54948551
That graphic means they're being reboxed.
>>
If I have 2 stock battle cannon tanks and just call them Conquer battle tanks, is there any difference in the models?
>>
>>54947361
It's not prepainted. That's why people are loling. They even use GW paints (apparently) in their 'how to paint' video.
>>
>>54949551
Are star wars fans the laziest people on earth?
>>
>>54948736
This picture gets me everytime. Do you have the edit where someone added lots of plasma incinerators?
>>
File: conpmaint.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
conpmaint.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
>>54947398
Because the guy who's doing it got buttmad GW banned him from selling GW products because he was buying illegal Chinese recasts and selling them for profit. So GW just said 'Sorry, we won't distrubte to you any more, bye'. They didn't sue or anything, they just said they weren't gonna supply him any more with legit products.

So he went on a REEEEEpage and wrote a legal document which is full of !!!! and *action*'s and BOLD and UNDERLINE and shit. He basically accuses GW of being a Mafia which is killing FLGS's for some reason. He claims they price fix. He claims that GW are doing an illegal act for charging $30 for a plastic mini that costs $0.06 in materials (forgetting everything else that was needed for the model) and 50,000% mark up is illegal. It isn't, but that's what he's claiming as such. He claims that GW has copied LotR, Aliens and various other products and uses the names and designs without use.

This doesn't benefit him, he's just being vindictive because LOL. He's suing GW for $63,500,000 for damages or some shit fuck knows.

This dude is a dude who runs a martial arts centre, where he teaches a martial art... that believes it can use the bodies energy to deflect arrows, blades and bullets. When it's nothing more than a party trick on very specific settings (balancing two sticks on top of each other and blowing it, or one on the edge of a table, or blowing a page open and pretending you're using your chi or some shit) he charges people for this.

If you want a good read, here.

>>54949590
Well X-Wing is only popular because they're prepainted. I seriously, really seriously, doubt that people will want to do this, especially with those quality models. Furthermore, GW is literally expanding more than ever. They have clothes ranges, more video games coming out, specialist games re-releases, collection 1/16 scale models and comics.
>>
>>54949590

I think it's less of a case of them being lazy and us being autists who enjoy customizing our dudes

If there was no room for making your dudes and you just had to pick between specific armies I'd just buy prepainted dudes if was an option

Actually I think i wouldn't bother playing
>>
>>54949209
Except now you have Deathspitters for Dakkafex
>>
>>54949512
Shorter, smaller main gun. Google it.
>>
>>54949632
I feel like this could (still not particularly likely) get somewhere if it didn't read like insane ramblings
>>
What's the best way to convert a Grey Knights Brotherhood Champion?
>>
>>54949926
Power Armor dude and pose him cool.
>>
>>54949209
>MeeleeFexes
>four Scy-tals

no, you are doing it wrong.
>>
>>54949951
>tfw have to buy a spare strike squad box just for the parts
I don't understand why they did away with 5 man squad boxes.
>>
>>54950021
I'd look on Ebay or swap websites for single minis. It's what I'm doing. I have weapon bits from leftover sprues, just need a torso and legs.
>>
>>54950021
you can go on ebay and buy individual figs, for the most part.
>>
>Want to include raptors in my Night Lords
>They're not actually that good
>AC/LC Havocs generally get more done
Such is suffering
>>
What do you think of the 10 man (plus sorc for fnp & prescience) slaaneshi plasma termies?
>>
Is running five man Rubric squad with Soulreaper worth it? It doesn't seem that they can get their points back, unless you cheese Sorcs powers.
>>
>>54950126

The 10man termie squad is fucking bonkers.

Also question:
>cast prescience on squad
>get charged on opponents turn
>shoot overcharged overwatch
>roll a 1

What happens?
>>
>>54949115
Are termagants worth it at all or is its just spam the little scythed bastards all day everyday?
>>
>>54950145
It still turns 1s into 2s, but you still only hit on unmodified 6s.

As for termies, they are just too expensive. It's like 500 points for entire thing, and you rely on Prescience which has like 50% to fail without CP reroll.
>>
>>54950123
only if you are a waacfag
Your army should be 80% raptors and a lord with jump pack.

but honestly play like you want, its your money and time

>>54950150
termagants are better than hormagaunts, imo. I bring 60 every game.
>>
>>54950162

They're really not. I've used that squad many times, and they're almost always the MVP of the game. The big thing with them is its the only way to buff that many plasma guns in a single squad. Yes, Havocs are cheaper, but you're capped at 5 guns. Termies go to 10, so you have 20 overcharged plasma shots hitting on 2+ and when they're Slannesh, you can spend 2CP to do it again.
>>
>>54949805
Quad Deathspitters is not as good as Quad TLD's. Also, Old One Eye offers rerolls in the fighting phase only, and Carnifexes don't have the best ballistic skill out there.
>>
>>54950206
Equipped Havoc squad is 1/3 of their price. You still rely on Prescience. You need to spend 2CP, which is not something you will have a lot of if you sunk 1/4 of your points in single Elite slot.

It's not that good. You can run two three man Obliterators squad and pump out 24 similar shoots for half the price.
>>
>>54947171
>microwaved dragon-dildo
good god kek
>>
>>54945213
Finally done I've with a decent table but why is the Los blocking terrain at the edges?
>>
>>54945361
You know, if you're just going to plop your models down opposite each other with nothing in between you can just skip the models and roll a bunch of dice.
>>
I accidentally bought a gloss primer, instead of matte.

I'm assuming it wont make a difference?
>>
>>54950015
I just looked up the rules. Couldn't find a points cost, but these look very promising.
>>
>>54950230
Half the price yes, but less than half the wounds.
>>
>>54950273
Not unless the primer will be shining through and you want a matte model
>>
>>54950230

Oh no! spending 2 CP to turn 2 S8 D2 Ap-4 shots into 40! Oh the humanity! It's totally worth it when each salvo will kill 2 predators on average. I have 9CP at 2000pts, and I'm totally fine dumping 2-3 of them into my termies.

Night Lords 2000 9CP

Battalion #1
>HQ
Daemon Prince of Tzeentch
Warp Bolter, Sword, Diabolic Strength

Dark Apostle w/ Combi-Bolter

>Troops
Cultists x30 Autoguns and 3 Stubbers
Cultists x20 CCW, 2 Flamers, and a Shotgun

Chaos Marines MoK x10 w/CCWBP, Plasma Pistol, Flamer, Icon of Wrath
Aspiring Champion w/PP+Fist

>Dedicated Transport
Rhino w/Havoc Launcher and Combi-Plasma

Battalion #2
>HQ
Jump Lord w/Claws of the Black Hunt
Jump Sorcerer w/PP and Force Staff (Prescience and Death Hex)

>Troops
Chaos Marines x5 w/Plasma and Combi-Plasma

>Elites
Termies x10 w/Combi-Plasma and Lightning Claw

>Heavy Support
Havoks x7 with 4 Autocannons
>>
>>54950269

You know, if you read things before you criticize them you won't sound retarded

>We agreed to use my custom "randomized battlefield" rule, dropping a fair number of terrain pieces on the table and then rolling 2d6+scatter to let them drift randomly.
>>
>>54950200
>80% Raptors
This meme needed to die several editions ago. Most NL lore I've read has most of their dudes in power armor.
>>
>>54950285
I'm probably more likely to make Paint-Emperor Duncan cry, so all good.

Cheers.
>>
>>54950230
>>54950277
Also half the shots aswell.

10 termies 20 plasma shots, twice
3 oblitz 12 random shots, twice
>>
>>54950200
Wrong, Termagants and Hormagants have different nieches.
>>54950150
Termagants have the option to upgrade to a Devourer, which makes them significantly stronger but doubles their points cost. This is often worth it, though, as you don't have to replace all weapons in the brood. I generally replace about 66% of the brood with Devourers, and leave the rest with fleshborers, and let the fleshborer carriers get picked off first.
Also, you might want to look into the Tervigon for unit synergy like no other.

Hormagaunts have two jobs; go fast and hit shit. Tying up other units into melee in which they don't want to be at all (Hello my Blueberry friend) is their specialty, and when their speed is DOUBLED by the Swarmlord's special ability, they will get the job done.
>>
>>54945620
They weren't ragging in him because if the standard of painting, there is a coalition of spergs and poorfags who insist on shitting on anyone posting well painted pics or painted large armies.
>>
>>54945666
The license for the LotR stuff requires them to keep it separate from their own IP.
>>
>>54950311
>Wrong, Termagants and Hormagants have different nieches.

hormagaunts are shit at their niche and termagants are pretty good at theirs.

ergo, termagaunts are better.

this isn't rocket science
>>
>>54950310
>m-muh Strategem

Obliterators can go up to 36 shoots with it, anon.

Or you can get four squads for the same cost and get 48 shoots without having to waste CP on meme strats.

Bonus points for having them be Alpha Legion Tzeentch and having Changeling around for meme -2 to be hit.

>>54950294
>Night Lords

Why NL instead of IH or AL?
>>
>>54946328
And no one cares about the bombs because to take them you have to give up the brrrrrrt
>>
Using my bitz box I'm able to build 10 more chaos space marines. I'm new to 40k and wanted advice.

Should I build the 10 marines and use them as an independent squad or should I give them all bolters and split the 10 between two existing squads to have two 15 man squads.

Which will give more utility? 3x 10 man squads or two 15 man squads?
>>
>>54950363
3 ten man, along with a group of cultists you have enough for a brigade. oh and you'll lose less to battle shock so you'll have more dudes for a longer time, not to mention the benefits of being in 3 places at once instead of just two
>>
>>54950306
>Most NL lore I've read

are you talking about those awful BL books?

But historically nightlords are the jump pack army for CSM.

It doesn't make it unfluffy to take non-jump pack units, but you should always start a NL list with a lord with jump pack and three units of Raptors/warptalons.
>>
File: 1498969770021.jpg (22KB, 303x388px) Image search: [Google]
1498969770021.jpg
22KB, 303x388px
>>54945843
THAT'S A NICE HEAD IN YER SHOULDERS
>>
>>54950328
>Hormagaunts are shit
Sorry, I never claimed that their nieche was being particularly good in combat. Their job is getting into combat and preventing potentially deadly shooters from shooting something more important than themselves. Have you read their movement rules? They're the only reason why Hormagaunts make it to anyones list instead of Genestealers.
>>
>>54950396
honestly i value genestealer higher than hormagaunts, sure you miss out on 2*3" of jumping around in the charge/fight phase. But genestealer will wipe anything they get into combat and since they have fleet are just as fast if not faster than hormagaunts
>>
>>54950382

Cheers. I will also be able to get more special weapons in play. I have a flamer, heavy bolter and two plasma gun marines so far.

Are melta guns worth it or should I include more plasma or another heavy bolter?
>>
>>54950416
Genestealers are for actual fighting, yes. They're a much better choice if you want to kill anything with any amount of toughness to it.
However, they are more expensive, can only be taken in units up to 20 rather than 30.

Termagaunts are shooting infantry, Genestealers are melee infantry, Hormagaunts are fast moving damage sponges.
>>
>>54949900
On what basis could it get somewhere. His points are:

Too much markup over the raw material cost. Not a crime (even if you don't ignore the much higher production cost)

GW took inspiration from other things. Not a crime. Plus most of the sources he cites took obvious inspiration from other things.

GW is mean to independent retailers. Everyone has rules they expect their resellers to follow and not selling knock off shit or grey market shit is usually on the list.
>>
File: IMG_20170819_094513.jpg (4MB, 3968x2976px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170819_094513.jpg
4MB, 3968x2976px
So I got these bits with a model I bought second hand, how do I put the ones without handles on my bikers?
>>
>>54950334
>why Night Lords
Because I play Night Lords and I'm not a bandwagon/waac faggot? I paint my lightning with pride for my shitty legion. Besides, having a large squad of terminators suddenly appear in the middle of your battle line is a pretty good scare tactic.
>>
>>54950298
First of all, you had zero LoS blocking terrain.

Secondly, scatter dice? So last year.

Thirdly, you setup the battlefield with a big fire lane in the middle and then you both deployed all your models directly into that fire lane. The entire game was then buckets of dice and a little bit of moving forwards or backwards.
>>
The World Eater/Black Templar tactical doctrine is simply brilliant. Normally you'd require tanks, artillery and mechanized infantry to assault an entrenched infantry position, tanks destroying the machine guns that threathen the infantry and the infantry supressing and killing the other infantry that can threaten the tanks.

But the Black Templars/Worls Eaters just say fuck you to the whole process and, realizing their power armor can hold off quite a bit of heavy bolter fire, just run straight at your trench and RIP AND TEAR in close combat where none of your heavy guns are even relevant. Makes me wonder why more marines don't do this.
>>
>Abadaba is only S4

lel
>>
>>54950445
I find that genestealers do their job exceedingly well and do a decent job at the hormagaunts job.

So i usually just take genestealers, 4 units of 20 rarely let me down.

>>54950497
space shark also utilize this doctrine, just with a tad more sneaky beaky
>>
>>54950514

>>54950514

>>54950514
>>
>>54950424

If you plan on foot slogging, melta guns rarely are useful, you just don't have the mobility to take advantage of such a short ranged weapon

Plasma is the generic go to

Flamers are nice and versatile

Heavy bolters have always been a not particularly great heavy weapon, it's the cheap heavy weapon you get when you're stretched for points.
>>
>>54950583
Except Heavy Bolters are legit right now because 3 shots at -1AP
>>
>>54950479
Should be able to mount them right above the front tire
>>
>>54947231
Looks good anon
>>
>>54950200
sweet was just wondering if i should bother getting any hormagaunts to start my new force when i can just get the mono-pose termagants which cost shit tonnes less
Thread posts: 461
Thread images: 104

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.