[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG modern general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 40

best girl edition

>play
>hate
>brew

>RESOURCES:
>Current Modern Metagame
>http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com

>thread q
What ravnican guild would you join and why?
>>
Ban lightning bolt
>>
>>54944917
Why?
>>
MTG newfag here, dunno if this is the right thread.
Is red/green recommendable for aggro decks? I want to start playing casual against friends, but they don't know a lot about MTG.
>>
>>54945104
There is Aggro in almost all colors. Unfortunately Modern isn't casual friendly. If you want to play with your friends, your best bet would be Duel Decks Anthology, since those decks were designed to fight each correspondent opponent.
>>
File: Capture 2.png (10KB, 290x445px) Image search: [Google]
Capture 2.png
10KB, 290x445px
>>54945104
Well, there are a fews differedn formats but this one id say is the more sane choice.

If you want to play aggro, i would recommend a Red Deck Wins deck. somthing like pic related but take out dual castings for 2 more lava spikes.

or if you want to be annoying to your friends i would reccomend U/G infect.

other than that if your really new look into the aforementioned stuff but get one of the planeswalker decks, those are designed for new players
>>
>>54944861
What's the deal with Tamiyo's hair?
>>
>>54945401
dunno, guess thats how moonfolk do-up their hair.
>>
>>54944917
t. Tron player
>>
>>54944917
If anything is getting banned it's:

Serum Visions
Death's Shadow
Slight of Hand
Thoughtseize
>>
How is modern these days? Haven't been on /tg/ much, but it seems like the threads are slower than usual
>>
>>54948120
Modern discussion tends to be slow when Standard season rolls around, i.e. right now. But, the format is in an okay spot right now. Tons of viable decks and varied top 8s, nothing too oppressive or dominating. The only common complaint I see is that Modern has gotten too fast and needs to slow down a bit, but even that isn't too bad.
>>
>>54948120
>>54948168
More like Death's Shadow is an oppresive tempo deck that shits all over anything it comes across.
>>
>>54948256
It's really not drastically better than the field.
>>
>>54948256

Not really, last two GP's at most only had 1 or 2 DS decks in top 8 and the rest was varied.
>>
>>54948592
>>54948731
Expect a ban. I'll see to it personally.
>>
is it time to post the BobTron meme? is it time yet?
>>
>>54948782

Yeah not gonna happen nothing will get banned. If anything the only thing that will get banned is maybe Gifts Ungiven or Baral because of Wizards hate boner for Storm.
>>
How much will the Masteripiece series rise in price once it's out of print?
Should I wait a while for them to circulate a bit more to see if the price drops a bit before getting a few?
>>
>>54948841
alas, it isn't time. soon.
>>
>>54948782
Street Wraith might get hit but that's it.
>>
>>54949141
What would that put the common bans at? Ponder and pals and what else? Pauper too stronk for modern
>>
File: 14-06-17-uw-flyers (1).png (167KB, 600x867px) Image search: [Google]
14-06-17-uw-flyers (1).png
167KB, 600x867px
Is there anything I should add to this deck? I went 3-1 this FNM, but it feels like something is missing in this deck.
>>
>>54949487
4 of the U/W fetch?
>>
File: truble.png (393KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
truble.png
393KB, 500x385px
>>54949487
Wouldn't it just be more effective to play a modified version of UW Spirits?
>>
>>54949586
I'll try to get them, but, I'm primarily on a budget, and get most of my cards through store credit.
>>54949651
Yeah, I guess, but, I kind of want the deck to be 'my own' even though that's pretty fucking autistic/stupid to say.
>>
>>54949487
Aside from more nonbasics (hence the maybeboard) what felt missing?
>>
>>54949794
I just feel like there should be some larger creatures I guess?
>>
>>54949695
I can understand the sentiment, but Spirits is pretty low key, so I doubt it would be any more of an odd deck than UW Flyers to Joe Schmoe playing Burn at your LCS.
UW Flyers is similar to Mardu Midrange; all you're doing is playing a bad version of Jund (Spirits)
I'm not saying just 100% copy Spirits. Things like Favorable Winds, Sky Hussar, and Meddling Mage are perfectly acceptable. Maybe I'm just bitter, , though
>>
>>54949823
Do you have a list that I could take a look at?
>>
>>54949845
Mtggoldfish did a Budget Magic series on it a litle less than a year ago. It was more of a tempo based spirits deck, but going more creature oriented is certainly an option.
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-98-45-tix-modern-uw-spirits
>>
>>54949880
Thanks, I'll certainly look into it.
>>
>>54949817
Copter or Obstructionist might be decent options
>>
>>54944861
Sky Hussaur seems too slow, I would cut. Masoleum Wanderer is overall better than Judge's Familiar, but both are pretty good.
Maybe try Phantasmal Image to copy a creature. Most of your stuff dies to removal anyways, so the drawback is not really much and you might as well get out extra Faeries and other good stuff.
Alternatively, you could keep the Familiars, add more Selfless Spirits, and put in 2-4 Honor of the Pure to pump everything that isn't Faerie or Wanderer. Glorious Anthem seems too costly and Honor just seems overall more efficient.

I have budget UW Spirits. I tried Favorable Winds and it seems to work fine with Midnight Haunting (instant Lingering Souls w/o flashback), but it also made my deck not as good against combo.

If you aren't afraid of spending a little more, try going into Jeskai for some speed. Haste and Lightning Bolt helps you win out of nowhere.
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-93-28-tix-modern-jeskai-flying-men

I don't know if you are running too few lands, but take this into account.
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/brewer-s-minute-how-many-lands
>>
>>54949938
>splash jeskai for sweet sweet mantis
possibly greedy but certainly dope
>>
I'm building Bant Spirits but when it all goes tits up and I realise the deck is shit I'll probably play Company with Knightfall.
>>
>>54949487
You need to ask yourself what Favorable Winds does for you. T1 Wanderer, T2 Winds. You're only swinging for an extra 1 damage. If Winds was just a creature instead, you could have more power on the board. Anthem effects just don't work unless they're on a creature that has power too.
>>
I was thinking of buying MM15 and MM17 boosters for about €200 each, is it a good price? Thinking about opening one each and maybe investing in another MM17 box.
>>
>>54952198
>Investing
Kill yourself, my man.
>>
>>54952230
I'm gonna keep that box and many more future boxes well hidden deep down in my troll/jew cave for 20 and more years and there's nothing you can do about it.

I don't even play magic and I've been buying mtg cards since 2001 (Seventh and Torment), stopped around Future Sight.
I'd like to start playing but I don't wanna play with the underage kids at my LGS and I don't know anyone who plays.
>>
Going to a monthly modern tournament at a nearby LGS.

Gonna play Bogles or should I audible to burn. I've played both at modern FNMs, I believe I went 2-1 with each.
>>
Is 8-Whack the best low-budget deck in modern?
>>
>>54952484
Burn is a much better deck than Boggles is right now but for the most part you should always play what you're more comfortable piloting.
>>
>>54952722

The burn is boros burn to reduce the life loss because of DS being around.

I mean, I like Bogles for it's explosiveness but I feel like both are good choices for an unsure format.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ELigM0GsGg

Isn't this deck pretty much useless if your opponent can empty your graveyard? You won't survive long enough to cast Emrakul and you already sacrificed all your creatures.
>>
>>54952740
Bogles folds to itself too much in the long run and has truly unwinnable matchups unlike Burn (Chalice for 1, Gx Tron, UW Control).
>>
It's amazing how titanshift variants are the most popular thing in modern right now
>>
>>54953286
That's because the deck is easy as shit to play compared to Grixis DS.
>>
>>54953286
>Rockets through to the midgame against rush decks
>Has a stable endgame
>Even when the namesake of the deck is removed you can still pull out a win
>>
>>54953286
It's the most braindead to play after Bogles and has game vs most of the field including GSD, it was only a matter of time.
>>
File: hou-35-fraying-sanity.jpg (89KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hou-35-fraying-sanity.jpg
89KB, 500x500px
People watch this guy ironically, right?

I mean, I find hard to believe that anyone could be that stupid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHH1lUKSZjM
>>
File: 154886653.jpg (31KB, 300x419px) Image search: [Google]
154886653.jpg
31KB, 300x419px
UNBAN ME! I'M THE HERO WE NEED, NOT THE ONE WE DESERVE
>>
>>54954113
I used to like his stuff before he started complaining about everything. So yes, ironically.
>>
>>54945401
>>54945514

Do your ears hang low?
>>
>>54952835

>UW control
>unwinnable

It's hard but not unwinnable. Cartouche thingy helps against blessed alliance.
>>
>>54947956
>SERUM VISIONS
E
R
U
M

V
I
S
I
O
N
S

Go fuck yourself
>>
>>54952740
Bogles is low-key good against the meta right now if you maindeck leyline of sancticty
>>
File: Quicksilver.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Quicksilver.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>54944861
there anything good in the abzan department?

also could merfolk make use of pic related?
>>
>>54954257
It's a toxic card.
>>
>>54955207
just let blue have 1 cantrip, 1. ponder and preordain are banned , let them have this one thing.
>>
>legacy general gone again

ITS NOT FAIR

ITS THE BEST FORMAT
>>
>>54949487
Make it esper so u can play and flashback lingering souls
>>
>>54952303
Go away Rudy your drunk..
>>
If you're in black you get both thoughtseize and fatal push, why isn't every deck just splashing black?
>>
>>54956034
Kek, he's actually the reason I'm getting back into magic.
>>
trying for sultai graveyard deck featuring Lotleth Troll, Prized Amalgam, Hollow One, and Vengevine as the primary pieces. I have stuff like gravecrawler/bloodghast to get triggers and take advantage of creature discard, but I feel like I don't draw enough cards to keep up my threats.

What else does this deck need to make it work? Are there any other looting spells in these colors that can replace faithless looting? Any other reliable discard/draw engines?

thanks desu
>>
>>54955791
Its the worst format
>>
>>54954113
He's absolutely hilarious.
>>
File: 1502172541970.png (708KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1502172541970.png
708KB, 640x640px
>only black and red are allowed to have good one-drops
>green if we count manadorks and elves
>>
When the game was first created they made a lot of design mistakes that they honestly shouldnt have made
>making blue the only color with draw
The most powerful thing to do in a card game is draw more cards, limiting it to one color was a disaster. Now Green and Black draw cards too and even Whites been getting some.
>Cantrips even existing
These are horribly designed cards in every aspect. U for Ponder, Preordain, and even Serum Visions is too good. They create options which again is a great thing to do in a card game. Thankfully Wizards has moved away from cards like these.
>Fast Mana
Fast Mana was maybe the biggest mistake, in the beginning they just assumed you'd use it to ramp out a creature or spell, but now all they are is combo enablers. In a game about resources, being able to accelerate is busted. Fair ramp is green, and the mana rocks.
>>
>>54955198
Why run that when you can just run spreading seas
>>
>>54956641
>cantrips inherently a mistake
No.
Ponder, Preordain, and Semen Visions are all library manipulation that cantrips. Cantrip itself is reasonably benign, and a useful tool when a card effect is just not good enough even at one mana. Same as stapling Scry x on a card, although the power of this will vary.
>fast mana
This covers so many things. In modern specifically, the fast mana problems are less fast mana problems, and more a lack of land destruction because the fast mana has been stapled to lands.
>>
>>54955207
>>54956641
Just counter or mill that shit.
Besides, I'm tired of having my good stuff ripped out of my hand by Thotsieze, just let me have my scry.

>>54955272
Don't tell WotC that Peek and cycling exists.

>>54956587
What about Wild Nacatl and Bogles?
>>
>>54956873
Basically library manipulation was a mistake, even black tutors are. Of course I am talking about the low costed playable stuff because Vampiric Tutor and Demonic Tutor are banned where as Diabolic Tutor is not.
Fast Mana is anything like Black Lotus, Moxen and so on. The worst kind generates more then you put in. The good kinds like the Signets which just ramps you. In Modern the fast mana is Mox Opal and Tron.
>>
>>54956995
Nacatl and Bogles are not modern playable. What a world.
There is Thraben Inspector in White as well, which is acceptable utility but not great.
>>
File: stop netdecking.jpg (59KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
stop netdecking.jpg
59KB, 800x800px
>>54954113
I SAW THE THUMBNAIL AND NEW EXACTLY WHO IT WAS

STOP NETDECKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>54957031
I don't know about the blanket statement against library manipulation and tutors. I think we're on the same general page however. How does the statement "library manipulation/tutors are powerful effects, and have been too powerful at times" sound to you?
Cards like Genesis Wave and Chord of Calling are in some interesting design space. They're good payoff for a ramp deck.

I got you on fast mana. I might add cards like Aether Vial however. It's in that weird spot like Git Probe where it provides [effect] for any color, in this case, giving non-Green decks a way to accelerate permanents onto the battlefield. I don't want Aether Vial to go away. I don't think it's ultimately a healthy addition to Modern, but in lieu of acceleration in non-Green, I'd rather have Aether Vial than not.

Adding new topics to the conversation, what would it take for good old fashion land-acceleration to rise up again? The closest we have these days is the Arbor Elf/Utopia Sprawl setup Ponza uses, plus a few manadorks here and there.
Why isn't Primal Growth Modern-legal?
>>
>>54956188
Faithless and Cathartic reunion are really the only 2 worthwhile. I'm currently playing around with RGB ragevine.
>>
File: forge.jpg (434KB, 1919x1040px) Image search: [Google]
forge.jpg
434KB, 1919x1040px
Do you forge?
>>
>>54958523
rofl, get that shit outta here
>>
>>54958523
Damn that deck looks slow asf...
>>
File: 1501463256816.jpg (56KB, 784x708px) Image search: [Google]
1501463256816.jpg
56KB, 784x708px
>>54956553

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX3RPauK7h4

I mean, I laugh but I feel dead inside too
>>
>>54958975
>cheaters and netdeckers
rofl
>>
>>54958975
Isnt this just a worse version of burn
>>
>>54954113
Who hurt this guy
>>
>>54959238
netdeckers
>>
File: twoo.jpg (13KB, 278x302px) Image search: [Google]
twoo.jpg
13KB, 278x302px
WELCOME IN

MUCH LOVE

TRAV HERE
>>
>>54944861
Been a while since I played modern and I'm thinking about playing at my lgs next friday.

The only deck I currently own is affinity, is it still in a good spot?
>>
File: desolation.jpg (288KB, 1295x740px) Image search: [Google]
desolation.jpg
288KB, 1295x740px
>>54959238

I kinda want to see if he gets even crazier but this is not worth it
>>
>>54955207
i literally won a game vs UW control yesterday because serum visions couldn't grab either of the two cryptic commands under the land on top

>>54959262
yes
>>
File: 1430386561629.gif (467KB, 300x280px) Image search: [Google]
1430386561629.gif
467KB, 300x280px
>>54959273
>30 minute video on probability of a mana screw
how long does it take him to use a calculator
>>
File: des shotgun.jpg (12KB, 181x180px) Image search: [Google]
des shotgun.jpg
12KB, 181x180px
>>54959273
say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens
>>
>>54959299
well no shit, even preordain is banned
>>
>>54947956
Nah here's the real banlist chances based on my calculations:

>decent chance tier:
Death's Shadow

>Low chance but possible tier:
Eldrazi Temple
Tron lands

I don't think anything else had a chance. Thinking Visions, Slight or Thoughtseize will be banned is hyper autistic
>>
>>54959329
are those swimming goggles?
>>
>>54959458
Where you do place Stubborn Denial, Street Wraith, Mishra's Bauble, and Expedition Map?
>>
File: holy shit.jpg (23KB, 212x185px) Image search: [Google]
holy shit.jpg
23KB, 212x185px
>>54959273

yeah ok i found it

let's see
>>
>>54953286
It's easy and it's strong

The most hardcore gameplay you have is counting your lands
>>
>>54959514
>complaining about netdecking for 24 minutes

I don't think I could make it through the whole video. I feel like it'd be too cringey to handle
>>
>>54959549

nah m8 he's got himself playing skyrim on the background

i tapped out not even 5 minutes in
>>
>>54959510
I don't think Stubborn Denial has any chance of being banned because it's basically just tied in it's usage to Death's Shadow. Without Shadow I don't really think it'd get played.

Street Wraith is the same. It's not a spell so there isn't too much a reason to run it in decks that liked probe. Only will be used in Death's Shadow and they'd ban Shadow if they had a problem with it.

Mishra's Bauble has no chance and the only reason it went crazy for awhile is because delirium forms of DS. Those have fallen out of favor so also no chance.

Expedition Map wouldn't get banned either because of the same reason. They'd target what's actually a problem instead of random enabler cards. Tron would be the problem for map, take away map and they still have Sylvan Scrying and Ancient Stirrings so the bad gameplay persists. I guess it hurts more specifically Eldrazi Tron since it doesn't run either of those but I feel like if you wanted to hurt Eldrazi and not Tron as a whole you'd probably hit something like Eldrazi Temple instead of map.
>>
>>54959479
you'll be swimming the fishes soon enough boy
>>
>>54959273
>rage faces
>talking about a shithead that was irrelevant 3+ years ago
>long ass videos

I would be surprised if he didn't sound stupid or obnoxious.
>>
>>54959641
I wouldn't be surprised if he really shitposts here sometimes
>>
>>54959713
he plays standard and modern but talks a lot about net decks but he hates people who have money to buy good cards. He hates netdecks because they are expensive, so he probably hates legacy/vintage the most but he just doesnt talk about it because you can budget standard and modern, I dont think you can do that with legacy and forget about vintage lol
>>
How do you try to tell the difference between losing because your deck is bad/you made a mistake, and losing to variance?

For example, I'm playing a close-to-optimized affinity list, and got matched against 5 color control. I lost game three, he had been on the play. On turn 3, I smacked him for 10 life link, and his t4 was damnation, so I played the rest of my hand (etched champ, drawn ornithopter, vault skirge) on my t4, and ate a t5 damnation as well.

I want to say that was shit luck, but shitters blame luck.
>>
>>54959774
The only real way to know is through sample size.
>>
>>54959774
a deck that isnt favored to win can still win
>>
>>54959774
Run the numbers. two damnations in a 60 card deck. How many cards had he drawn/seen by T5, how many damnations did he have in the deck, etc.
What are the odds of double damnation?

Also you're Affinity. You have no way to interact, so it's a question of whether your damage calculations were optimized. Did you even have a chance at lethal, playing as fast as you could?
>>
File: nice meta lol.jpg (34KB, 320x401px) Image search: [Google]
nice meta lol.jpg
34KB, 320x401px
NICE FUCKING META

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
>>
>>54959847
shit i posted this in the wrong thread
>>
>>54959847
No need to be this aggressive.
>>
File: 1414991569897.png (6KB, 112x100px) Image search: [Google]
1414991569897.png
6KB, 112x100px
>>54959847
>MTGtop8
>>
>>54959847
>weenie white
>>
>>54959897
>colossus aggro affinity

Who comes up with these names
>>
>>54959895
is it a bad site?
>>
>>54956587
>Delver
>>
File: fuck outta here.jpg (22KB, 480x542px) Image search: [Google]
fuck outta here.jpg
22KB, 480x542px
>>54956587
>ramping and mana fixing doesnt count as "good one drops"
>>
>>54960024
delver is the worst card in delver decks
this isn't legacy
>>
>>54959847
>WotC
>supporting combo or control
>2017

Play your midrange creatures into planeswalkers! This is the way the game is meant to be played! Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>54959941
their "typing" of decks is hilariously overreaching.
>Jund as "aggro" with 8 creatures
>scapeshift under "control"
>even bothering to type Tron and Dredge
>elves and infect under "combo"
>>
>>54960148
combo probably shouldnt have a place in standard
>>
>>54960199
Standard is both where the format is designed around the Aggro>Combo>Control triad, and needs most to exist.
Tarkir without Jeskai Ascendancy would have been awful. A meta with only Aggro and Control is awful. Either the triad exists, or the meta is racing aggro. Those are the only remotely healthy states for it to exist in.
>>
>>54959941
It's the best tool for what it does, but its deck classification scheme is pretty bad. Trying to fit every deck into clean aggro/control/combo categories isn't usually accurate.
>>
>>54960252
no one really played jeskai combo
>>
File: 1503142188091.png (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1503142188091.png
34KB, 500x500px
is netdecking good?
>>
>>54960528
Yes

Information is generally good. Without netdecking/decklists online, if you aren't a pro with your own pro testing team you'd be at a severe disadvantage in every tournament.
>>
>>54960528
Brewing is much easier when you know what works and how a good deck function, so yes netdecking is overall a good thing.
If you think netdecking is bad, create decks or sideboards that are designed to punish certain popular decks.
>>
Just ordered a few parts to make the deck that won GP Sao Paulo. Call me a tryhard and spank my naughty bottom, /tg/.
>>
>>54960528
Just copy pasting a decklist and playing it is not the best idea, but you should definitely read up on what the major decks are even if you're making a completely off the wall brew. And if you're not brewing you should be building to some kind of established archetype, with modifications to suit your play style and your expected meta.
>>
>>54959847
>Azorius Aggro

The absolute state of MTG
>>
>>54960667
I think about playing that deck but replacing two thalias with ramunap excavators. Probably a bad idea tho. just as bad as you ;^)
>>
>>54960697
I'm putting a one of Nissa Steward of Elements in the deck, she seems like a ridiculously good inclusion. Drop her T2, tick up to 3, use Coralhelm to make sure a dude is on top, and proceed to spit out any creature in your deck from her
>>
File: 1499292994613.gif (2MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1499292994613.gif
2MB, 300x168px
is netdecking evil?
>>
>>54960697
lol wtf why?
>>
>>54960891
Idk, I have a playset lying around and want to put them to use.
>>
>>54961015
yeah but i dont think it gets you anything
>>
Every format sucks desu
>Standard has been terrible and even after 5 bannings it still is only just bearable to play
>Moderns becoming solved, Eldrazi Tron and Grixis Shadow are not healthy decks to have around
>Legacy is absurdly expensive, stagnant and homogenized. Extremely boring
>>
>>54944861
>Tamiyo canonically has children.
>Some lucky Kamigawa fuck got to tap that.

I'm actually mad jealous.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (33KB, 433x448px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
33KB, 433x448px
>>54961189
>Legacy is absurdly expensive, stagnant and homogenized
>>
>>54959641
kek
>>
>>54960528
Yes you need to know whats proven to build/brew effectively
>>
File: turn one.jpg (29KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
turn one.jpg
29KB, 375x523px
>>54961189
Standard is better now than in the recent past where there were literally two viable decks.

Modern is nowhere near solved. ETron and Grixis Shadow both have just as many good/bad matchups as any other deck. A "Solved" Modern looks like Eldrazi Winter where one deck takes over 50% meta share.

A Legacy deck can cost just as much as a set of golf clubs, so it's on par with any other hobby. Banning of Top shook things up enough so it's not stagnant. And it's only homogenized if you only at Brainstorm/Ponder/Force of Will usage. Legacy is in a pretty good spot, just like Modern.
>>
>>54961406
Yeah you were either blue or black devotion
>>
>>54961229
Why would you tap a planeswalker that isn't Gideon?
>>
>>54961495
cause tamiyo is the best girl
and were not a bunch of fags.
>>
>>54961189
>Eldrazi Tron and Grixis Shadow are not healthy decks to have around
>Meanwhile the last two Modern GPs were won by Burn and Knightfall
>>
>>54961259
Modern decks average $600-1000
Legacy decks average $1800-2500 with some decks like Lands getting up into the 3k price range, plus itll continue getting more expensive due to reserve list
And yes it is homogenized when 75% of decks are playing 4 Brainstorms and 4 Force of Wills.
>>
>>54962087
I would totally tap Gideon, no homo. I bet he has a handsome penis.
>>
>>54962359
B-but anon, das gay.
>>
>>54962087
But she doesn't even turn into a creature or have tap abilities.
Also I personally think Elspeth is the best.
>>
>>54962359
Eh, he'd probably be rocking an eight-inch uncircumcised straight.

In all seriousness though, what would it take for Wizards to revoke the Reserved List? Would it be a shitshow to anyone BUT collectors?
>>
>>54962359
Garruk is beefier, has a better beard and could have just as handsome of a penis. No homo.
>>
>>54962446
Elspeth is dead though, and I'm not in the business of fucking corpses.
>>
>>54962507
>Elspeth is dead though
Don't remind me

Bringing Elspeth back as a W or WB Angel Planeswalker is probably the only thing that could redeem MTG's lore writers after the clusterfuck that was SOI.
>>
>>54962546
I think it's fairly obvious that she's going to be a returned or whatever. Probably W/B like Daxos. The real question is: does she retain her spark? If someone else takes possession of it, that would be hella retarded.
>>
>>54962432
:^)))))
>>54962503
Garruk is too animalistic to make sophisticated love. The only people he could be with are similarly brutal lovers. Ever read the Conan story, "Queen of the Black Coast?"
maybe he would be more tender with Domri Rade Samut possibly, but she's ugly especially by musclegirl standards
>>
>>54962546
>WB Elspeth
Where does that leave Sorin? If trapped/dead/MIA walkers start coming back, he's on that list.

Sarkhan turning into a mystical shaman superman was the worst. I would much rather have had him be some kind of ghost stuck between timelines, sustaining himself on rage. Then he could have had a comeback arc too.
>>
>>54962592
>>54962503
get this faggotry out of my thread
>>
File: wait a minute that hand.png (290KB, 446x310px) Image search: [Google]
wait a minute that hand.png
290KB, 446x310px
>>54962652
Talk to Wizards about it.
at least no one is trying to encourage the """redemption"""" of Garruk by Ajani's tender love'n
>>
>>54962641
maybe they could have another walker magic him out of the stone and there could be a underlying revenge arc throughout the next few blocks

>>54962682
should i ask about what happened between ajani and garruk or is that more of a "what happens in Vegas" sort of thing
>>
I swear to fuck if storm gets banned I'm selling all my modern lands
>>
>>54962294
yeah people are playing blue, so fucking what? its 8 fucking cards

do you really think Sneak and show is the same as grixis control?
>>
>>54962507
Still has a better legacy than some do-nothing moonwatcher.

>>54962682
Don't give them any ideas!
>>
>add coco and some dorks to mono-g stompy

Yes/No?
>>
>>54963083
what stompy list?
you need 28+ creatures of CMC 3 or less for CoCo to work.
>>
File: anon loses it.png (326KB, 1561x969px) Image search: [Google]
anon loses it.png
326KB, 1561x969px
>>54962830
too late
>>
>>54963142
did some searching and found this list with 4 CoCos in the sideboard

http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=15759&d=296610&f=MO

I'd probably cut the rancors for coco, kessig prowler for BoP, and add some number of groundbreakers removing some vines and dungroves
>>
>>54962820
t. Butthurt blue baby
No one likes blue, im glad its shit in Modern and always will be
>>
>>54964242
Actually my favorite color is white which is often considered the weakest color. But that doesnt matter, you are just fucking retarded to think that a cantrip and a counter spell define a deck
>>
>>54944861
>nuWalker
>best girl

LMAO @ underage
>>
File: Chris-Chan.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Chris-Chan.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>54960024
>Delver
>good in Modern
>>
>>54944861
What's the realistic chance of storm getting banned? I want to get into the format and I'd enjoy piloting it, and it's cheap to boot, but I obviously wouldn't want to have it get banned right after I go in.

Also, if it does get banned, are there any other combo decks worth playing right now?
>>
>>54945104
Mtg is much more expensive than you think it is. Most of the "X format general" threads concern themselves with competition level decks that cost upwards of $300. If you and your friends are new to magic I highly suggest adding "ultra budget" before any type of deck. With all that said, if you and your friends are dedicated to a format I'd say modern isn't that bad. There are plenty of budget level decks that you can be competitive (mono-red guideless burn can actually be scary but not at high competitive levels) and it's not as crazy as some of the other formats with the available card pool.
>>
>>54965701
May as well wait until the 28th to see if Storm gets banned or not

I think it's unlikely but WotC can make some crazy decisions
>>
>>54965854
>Sleight of Hand is banned.
>>
>>54962294
If you know legacy will only get more expensive why aren't you buying in and building up equity? It's free money.
>>
STANDARD ROTATION IS IN EXACTLY 1 MONTH
WHAT FUCKING CARDS YOU BUYING ON THE CHEAP FROM ROI/EM FOR MODERN

I'M GOING TO GET A PLAYSET OF SPELL QUELLERS AND SELFLESS SPIRITS
>>
>>54966832
Tireless Tracker. Best card in GWx.
>>
>>54960148
current standard format has a lot of viable decks:

aggro - mono red, zombies, mardu vehicles
midrange - temur energy, BG constricter, eldrazi
ramp - GR ramp
control - UW approach, UR control
combo - Gift

Most of this shit is staying after rotation too.
>>
>>54967046
You mean two mono colour aggro decks and a bunch of decks trying to compete with them.
>>
>>54967311
zombies is gonna rotate out soon
>>
>>54966085

time to use anticipate then

with baral/electromancer might as well be a 1-mana cantrip
>>
Thinking of going to a modern pptq today and runing merfolk, is it too far out of the meta to stand a chance at this point?
>>
>>54965701
Storm likely won't get banned. There are a couple other combo decks, like Ad Nauseum, Counters Company, and Knightfall.

>>54967046
>combo - Gift
And New Perspectives Cycle.
>>
>>54968179

I don't know what list you run but generally you are going to lack relevent interaction with some decks and will lose cause of it. For example, Devoted Druid on T2, you need to get rid of it or lose on T3/4, Scapeshift is a bad matchup for you, GDS can be tough but it depends how much removal they draw, you can still win easily. U/W control will be hit or miss, if they have Verdict by T4 and they aren't dead you will likely lose.
On the other hand if you main deck 4 Seas and sideboard 3 Seas Claim you have great Tron and burn matchups, while having a chance to steal games you shouldn't by turning off certain colors. Affinity is a nightmare, hope you draw hurkyls or whatever.

Merfolk can still steal games, but there are draws vs some decks you cannot beat. Running 7 land disruption mb/sb is key to stealing games, mana bases are greedy and you need that island walk.
>>
>>54955791

Good formats have no place on 4chan, anon. This is a place where people come to bitch and shitpost. Generals in particular are purely for shitposting and memes. That's why you'll never be able to keep a Legacy or Pauper General going. They are good formats for good people, too pure for this hellsite.
>>
Only modern cards i own are tron lands. Is there a retarded way to build a deck with tron lands that wouldnt be the typical tron deck. I want to make my opponent go "wtf is this lol".
>>
>>54970464
An eggs rip off deck? Tron lands, usual tron artifacts, mountains and ~x damage spells as a base.
>>
>>54970464
>Torment of Hailfire w/Oblivion Stone and Karn.
>Bolas Tron w/Oath of Nissa
>>
>>54970464
Red Tron with Scuttling Doom Engine and Fling.
>>
>>54945210
Lightning axe can't target players, and is therefore not good in burn
>>
>>54954166
would be fine if it cost 2 phyrexian blue mana, but as is, it is its own best counter.

which makes every deck need to run 4.

which makes it banworthy
>>
What are the best mill cards/decks for modern right now?

Is there anything that's competitive? Or will I only win by memes
>>
>>54972410
The best card is Thought Scour targeting yourself. Then casting Gurmag Angler.
>>
>>54972410

Mill will never be competitive. Just play burn you hipster.
>>
>>54972410
Just play mill in standard, it's fringe tier 3 but that's as good as it gets.

Why do people even like mill so much? It's not interactive or fun to pilot or play against. It's just whether or not you draw enough Glimpse the Unthinkables. At least Burn effects the board state and has to think about when to hold up Skullcrack.
>>
>>54972486
>>54972547
I'm still newish to magic and wanna try out new and fun decks.

It seems more boring to me to play a deck that half the other people at FNM are playing than to bring a new unique deck
>>
>>54972758
how does burn, storm or infect sound?
>>
File: Modern Flowchart v6.jpg (808KB, 2908x1830px) Image search: [Google]
Modern Flowchart v6.jpg
808KB, 2908x1830px
>>54972758
>>
>>54944861
is abzan any good these days? i want an excuse to use a siege rhino
>>
>>54972758
>I'm still newish to magic and wanna try out new and fun decks.

Play Standard Showdowns, then. If you don't already have Modern staples, this isn't the format for you. Unless you are willing to shell out for Fetches and Shocks, Blood Moons and Karns, you will not be able to get wins in this format. This is not a format for newbies, this is a format for elite, established players.
>>
>>54972890
you guys really dont like new people dont you
>>
>>54972817
It's fine imo and can still compete. You don't get Kologhan's Command which makes it worse than Jund overall but you get Path which means you have access to better spot removal. A deck with Thoughtseize, Goyf, Lingering Souls, LotV, and Fatal Push will never be bad.
>>
>>54972915
Just don't like people who don't do basic research before posting here
>>
>>54972918
can i use grim flayer as a budget goyf?

also, i think i might wanna roll with some duresses until its past the 28th, i have a small inkiling that it might get banned. just a gut feeling but it might be because of gds.
>>
>>54972955
then just point him to the budget deck section of mtggoldfish and tell him to fuck off.
>>
>>54972918
>>54972817
Don't forget Abrupt Decay, Inquisition, and Damnation/Wrath of God (SB).

>>54972959
I've seen Grim Flayer work in non-budget Abzan decks, but you better have fetches and shocks if you're going to play a 2-color 2-drop in a 3-color deck.
>>
>>54972976
Why would I do that though? I am under no obligation to spoon feed somebody
>>
File: 1488102139184.jpg (60KB, 498x750px) Image search: [Google]
1488102139184.jpg
60KB, 498x750px
>>54972758
You are going to get bored of playing mill after a little while, trust me. The allure of being the special snowflake mill player at your store will wear off and you'll be stuck playing a deck that's even more linear than burn while being substantially worse than it.
>>
>>54972915
New people are fine. People who play crappy decks like Mill tend to go 0-4 at FNM for a month and then never come back, if we can push you off of playing a crappy deck like that you'll be around a lot longer.

I can't find a more updated list than this one from last month, but here's a tier list for decks in modern. Most of the tier 3 decks will fit you squarely in the "I don't want to play something anyone else in the shop is playing" bracket. http://tappedout.net/mtg-articles/2017/jul/17/modern-tiered-list-now-bi-weekly-update-71717/.
>>
>>54972777
Infect is something I want to try out for sure

>>54972801
Saved. Thanks m80

>>54972890
Well I went 3-1 and 2-2 with a budget goblin deck at my past two modern magic nights without all those cards you just listed.

I'm just trying to slowly make my way into modern by playing fun and unique decks
>>
>>54973009
i can make use of some of my jund panoramas that i have, its like a g/b fetch but it costs me one mana to fetch somthing, and ill make use of some sandsteppe citadels and abzan banners,

>>54973023
think of it this way, theres a small butthere chance of getting them to fuck off.

>>54973032
yea... lets not talk about mill, or blue in general...
>>
>>54973051
>going 3-1 with budget goblins
I wish I played where you play.
>>
File: 8fd.jpg (44KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
8fd.jpg
44KB, 657x527px
>>54959746
>spend all your savings opening recent sets
>knows wizards only design for standard now and as such the set will only hold value for a year and half at best
>thinks its good that wizards do this
>open the boxes and sell the singles even though you know you will on average make less than if you sold the boxes as is
>complain about being poor and blame other people instead of you own dumb decision that are obvious to everyone but you
>ban anyone who mind help you in your life because you think you know everything and such never improve in anything
>>
>>54973149

Yeah, but at least he has the balls to call out those SJW cucks at Wizards and in the media!
>>
How does this list look so far

// 60 Maindeck
// 4 Artifact
4 Crucible of Worlds

// 11 Creature
4 Bloodghast
4 Akki Blizzard-Herder
3 Simian Spirit Guide

// 3 Instant
3 Fatal Push

// 19 Land
2 Ramunap Ruins
3 Blood Crypt
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 Bloodstained Mire
3 Ghost Quarter
3 Swamp
2 Verdant Catacombs
1 Mountain

// 3 Planeswalker
2 Liliana of the Veil
1 Liliana, the Last Hope

// 20 Sorcery
4 Smallpox
4 Inquisition of Kozilek
2 Collective Brutality
3 Crack the Earth
4 Boom // Bust
3 Thoughtseize

// 15 Sideboard
// 1 Artifact
SB: 1 Pithing Needle

// 1 Creature
SB: 1 Fulminator Mage

// 6 Enchantment
SB: 2 Blood Moon
SB: 2 Blood Moon
SB: 2 Leyline of the Void

// 1 Instant
SB: 1 Fatal Push

// 6 Sorcery
SB: 1 Damnation
SB: 2 Shatterstorm
SB: 3 Pyroclasm

feel likes there something missing though
>>
>>54973392
fulminator mage?
>>
>>54973051
>Infect is something I want to try out for sure
That isn't a good idea, people can barely call it a Deck now. Also it's very expensive since it requires Noble Hierarchs and a lot of Fetches, the rest is quite cheap, but you will end up building other Decks and losing money on the Infect creatures and pumps.
>>
>>54973392
>2 blood moon
>2 blood moon

is this an error?
>>
>>54973815
yeah, its meant to be 4
>>
>>54973828
well i figured but was asking on the off chance it was 2 of something else
>>
does cascade use the card that cascaded into?

ie shardless into abrupt decay, does abrupt decay go into the graveyard? You exile it, cast without paying, and then put the exiled cards in your library bottom
>>
how's living end doing?
>>
>>54973976
nevermind, it stays exiled
>>
I'm thinking of building a Modern Deck between 250-350 euros. I'm currently in between:
- Merfolk
- WB Eldrazi
- W Death&Taxes
- Skred

I could also get Gifts Storm (with Polluted Delta instead of Scalding Tarn), but doesn't seem very fun to play (specially against UW Control or between friends).

Anyone can give me a push towards a Deck?
>>
>>54974087
> - WB Eldrazi
I meant Eldrazi&Taxes (WB)
>>
>>54974087
I'm currently on Skred, I've played it off and on since it was a non-deck. The midrange version of the deck is even against GDS and I would argue favored against every other creature based deck in the format. Jund, Junk, the Coco decks, DnT, Elves. If you is shifting toward creatures you're going to feast on those decks. We're very well positioned against the U/W/x control decks because we have resilient threats that are hard for them to trade resources evenly with. Stormbreath Dragon is an absurd card against any deck with white in it.

If you line out-Junding Jund Skred is the deck for you.

You can also run a prison version with Chalice, Ensnaring Bridge, and Trinisphere and just ruin friendships.
>>
File: IMG_3199.jpg (191KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3199.jpg
191KB, 480x680px
>>54970464
R O B E R T
O
B A D
E
R
T R O N
>>
>>54970464
Tron with the kaladesh gearhulks and metalwork colossus
>>
>>54972801
>merfolk
>counters
Merfolk rarely mainboard counterspells. At most you're down a Dismember and throwing in Negate.
>>
>>54944861
>playing
naya burn

>hateing
Anything with collected company in it

>brewing
B/W vehicles. I really hope to make it somewhat competitive. Everyone at my lgs plays tiered decks at fnm. Maybe ixalan will have some good ships.
Is there and way to filter my draw steps aside smugglers copter in B/W colors?
>>
Ixalan looks really fucking cool the more I'm looking at it.

Where should I pick up a box from?
>>
>>54975446
Do you plan on drafting?
>>
>>54975502
Not in-person. MTGO for sure.
>>
>>54975446

You should pick it up from my ass, anon. It's open 24/7.
>>
How does deck building work for poorfags? Is it generally not accepted for people to print out cards ? Is that not allowed at official tournaments?
>>
>>54976075
go ahead and do that, see what happens
>>
>>54976095
I don't plan on playing i am just curious
>>
>>54975231
Thraben inspector? Dies to everything but still draws a card eventually and crews copter.
>>
>>54976108
if you don't have the actual cards, you can't use that in any event.
>>
>>54976075
>How does deck building work for poorfags?

It doesn't.
>>
>>54976142
i figured
>>
>>54972410
https://magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/gpbir17/top-stories-2017-08-13
Scroll down a bit. This guys mill deck did fairly well.
>>
>>54974693
Yeah, Skred is one of those Decks that always cought my eyes, but since the price increase, how would you directly compare with Merfolks that cost exactly the same? Both competitively and it's fun factor?
>>
>>54976776
Merfolk is better positioned than Skred. It's pretty fun to pilot. Asks a lot of questions, gives you room to outmaneuver your opponents and play real magic.
>>
>>54960047
>lol, bolt/searingblaze/push
>>
>cast simian spirit guide to have another body on table
>opponent immediately flustered, though i was discarding for mana

is everyone in modern like this?
>>
Does anyone have the latest Tier List link?
>>
>>54977629
And between Merfolk and Eldrazi&Taxes (without the 2 Dark Confidents (although would probably get them) it's even cheaper)?
>>
File: kopalawardenofwaves.jpg (27KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
kopalawardenofwaves.jpg
27KB, 265x370px
>>54978908
Not the guy you're replying to, but Merfolk might creep it's way up the tier list a bit after the newest set.

Ixalan has Merfolk in it, and it's in the last 2 block set. Plus it's already got a new toy spoiled. A slightly worse toy than Kira, sure, but a new toy nonetheless:

1UU
Legendary Creature - Merfolk Wizard
Spells your opponents cast that target a Merfolk you control cost 1 more to cast.

Abilities your opponents activate that target a Merfolk you control cost 1 more to activate.
>>
>>54978990
>3 mana
>2/2
>tax for 1
why do wizards print such shit cards?

make it a fucking 2/4

make it tax for 2

make it splashable

what the fuck are they doing? are they just going to print one good card per set?
>>
>>54978990
I don't think the new merfolks are going to enter the Deck any time soon.
That Legendary Merfolk is a worse Kira, much worse (the only upside is being a merfolk, but it's far from enough).
Of all the Rares spoiled, none seem to be better than any other Merfolk that's currently playing.
In the Uncommon and Common section, it could see play something like a Instant/Sorcery (most likely the latest) that would create a couple of Merfolk tokens.
>>
>>54979453
Note that the new Merfolk doesn't counter so it affects Abrupt Decay.
>>
>>54979453
I did make sure to note it was a worse Kira, but how would running both work? Maybe decks that don't run Kira can incorporate it? Or hell maybe swap out Merrow at 3 drop for it?

I mean, only two blue Merfolk were spoiled off a small pic of a rare sheet. I wouldn't write off the whole set (and or block) just yet.

All I want is an Eldrazi Temple but for Merfolk man. Gimme hope.
>>
File: is this guy serious.gif (61KB, 736x689px) Image search: [Google]
is this guy serious.gif
61KB, 736x689px
>>54978119
>the "it dies to removal so dont play it argument
rofl
>>
>>54979530
>Abrupt Decay at 1GB
It's still amazing.
>>
>>54980289
Yeah, but the "advantage" is there
>>
>>54980362
nah
>>
>>54970464
Look up Mono Red Tron, definitely the most "wtf is this" out of all the established tron decks

If you stick around here someone will probably help you brew some dumb shit, I'm tinkering with blue-red tron
>>
>>54980473
urzas lands will be banned tho

don't
>>
>>54978497
A lot of people are. I used the indestructible effect in Boros Charm and this guy tilted out.
>>
>>54979066
Who says it isn't 2 instead of 1? Pic looks blury as fuck, and if I had to guess I'd say it's 2.
>>
>>54980604
If it's for 2 then Merfolk are going to run 2x Kira and 2x of that guaranteed.

Throw in a good 1 drop and Merfolk are an actual deck.
>>
Valakut will be banned.
>>
File: 635600617568397595.jpg (3MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
635600617568397595.jpg
3MB, 2688x1520px
From a strictly gameplay perspective, is there anything that makes Modern a better format than Legacy? Just curious as a kitchen-table/cube Magic player interested in the format.
>>
depends on what your metric of 'strictly gameplay' is. theres no way to gauge how much 'better' the gameplay of a format is compared to others, if the formats are equally healthy with just different characteristics.

the variety in modern is what keeps me coming back. oh, and i really like monocolor decks and there's really only a few in legacy (merfolk, burn, eldrazi stuff, big red).
>>
Maybe this is the wrong place to ask but there's no /vg/ thread so oh well. I don't know a whole lot about Magic but I'd like to start playing it however my town doesn't have any kind of game store where I could meet people to play so I'm left with playing online. I've heard mixed opinions on Magic 2015 and Magic Duels. Is there a more recent digital game that I missed or am I left with Magic 2014?
>>
>>54980914
you can learn/play magic with Xmage, which simulates the rules for you, and Cockatrice, which leaves you on your own.

the other games you mentioned are not accurate representations of magic for a variety of reasons.

once you learn on xmage (which is free), you can "graduate" to MTGO, which requires payment for individual cards.

are you sure you don't have anything near you? use the wizards store locator.
>>
>>54980693
i fucking wish, but that's not happening. wizards likes having RG stuff at the top of a format.
>>
>>54980892
That seems fair. Used to hear how terrible Modern was, but seems variant and lovely as of late.
>>
>>54980693
Maybe eventually. Certainly not this update though, Titanshift is such a late bloomer.
>>
what has a good matchup against lands and miracles
>>
>>54980980
Unfortunately I don't. Do you buy packs in MTGO or are you able to earn free packs in some way?
>>
>>54981194
Maverick is favored against every deck in the format.
>>
>>54980835
Well I wouldn't say anything makes a format OBJECTIVELY better then another but

From my perspective (someone that plays all formats I really enjoy the diversity and changes Modern goes through when compared to legacy. A lot of modern decks have almost no cards in common so you get to see a lot of variety in cards played more often I feel. A deck like Valakut will share nothing with Dredge and they'll share nothing with like Death's Shadow. In addition modern gets slightly shaken up more frequently then Legacy which I enjoy. Since the power level is obviously lower usually for every set that's released a few cards are usually modern playable. Sometimes in a small way like Dromoka's Command, or sometimes it completely makes a new deck like Vizier for abzan company.

I really enjoy Legacy but I find modern a bit more entertaining because things shift fairly often, which keeps the format more interesting for me.
>>
>>54978990
as someone who plays merfolk often, i can tell you for a fact that this new legend will do jack shit to the deck. the deck has a limited amount of flex spots open, and anything you put in that spot at cmc3 is not likely to be better than merrow reejerey or kira. card that does this kind of effect much better as >>54979453 has already said. yes effecting decay is neat, but it just isn't enough. as >>54979066 said, taxing for 2 would've made it so much better

best case scenario for the deck we get:
>another 2cmc lord, preferably one that grants some other type of evasion like flying.
or
>another playable 1drop
or
>another fish that draws cards at a reasonable cost (2 or less cmc)

i would also be ok with something to replace master of waves. but i'm unsure what that card would have to be in order to take that slot
>>
>>54981433
Why does everyone think it says (1) not (2)?
It looks like a 2 ffs.
It is good at 2.
Similar previous effects have always put the tax at 2.
It's 2.
>>
>>54980835
legacy is the best because the meta is split almost evenly between aggro control and combo

standard is basically all aggro

modern is aggro as well but by a smaller margin than standard
>>
>>54981637
>image is blurry as fuck, can't see what's going on
>expecting wotc to print good cards instead of disappointing trash
>>
>>54981283
you can buy packs, or buy singles. its better to just buy your deck in singles.

you can win treasure chests, which are like packs but have random cards from all sets.

you can also draft, which involves opening packs and keeping the cards.
>>
>>54981675
i would say combo and midrange are way more dominant in legacy than anywhere else
>>
>>54981680
WotC loves tribalshit, the quintessential creature tapping decks.
They pushed Spirits into viability out of nowhere
>>
>>54981800
it's a good thing for the variety of modern, imo. it's a good way to print good creatures that get viability out of their typeline rather than just being format staples (aka "the next goyf")
>>
This seems like an interesting article. Thoughts?
https://www.channelfireball.com/articles/it-isnt-always-about-2-for-1s-8-ways-to-generate-virtual-card-advantage/

>>54980504
Could I throw in Boros Charm in Jeskai Flyers? It seems like a card I can utilize in all 3 modes.
>finish the opponent off with burn
>protect my creatures
>finish the opponent off with 6/3 Mantis
>>
File: IMG_3201.jpg (36KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3201.jpg
36KB, 265x370px
>>54981913
I sounded distainful in that post but i actually 100% agree with you

It's a really neat design space too, sortof like what Yugioh tends to do, where a simple yet creative card can give a home to all sorts of almost-there jank by referring to older cards or subtypes in these new cards
>>
>>54982052
you seem to be able to read that
i cannot

care to type it out?
>>
>>54982207
Priest of the Something Sun (W)
Creature - Human Cleric
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may reveal a Dinosaur card from your hand, if you do, you gain 2 life.
1WW, Sacrifice Priest of the Something Sun: search your library for a Dinosaur card, reveal it, and put it in into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
It gives lifegain to stall into large threats and can tutor. I can't make out the second to last word of its name, it might be Wakening or Waning or something.
>>
>>54972410
Glimpse the Unthinkable is key no matter what.

m experimenting with fraying sanity right now to see how well that works out. Otherwise we're still waiting for another card to help out mill bros.
>>
>>54982207
Not really 100% certain but the clause that gets me hot is the "at upkeep, reveal a dino, gain life" on a 1drop.
At 1cmc it's so aggresively costed, the synergy being 'have dinos in your deck', it's just beautiful design space.

A simple 1drop that is complete shit by it's own can 'update'/'buff' older cards that haven't quite got a home
>>
>>54982300
>A simple 1drop that is complete shit by it's own can 'update'/'buff' older cards that haven't quite got a home
older cards?
dinosaurs are a main tribe in ixalan
>>
>>54982322
Not him, but some older cards will be errata'd into Dinosaurs
>>
>>54982275
>Soulsisters... with dinosaurs
just laughing thinking about it.
Dinosaurs, pirates, and ogres. It's about time. now to add ninkas and I'll have the perfect theme deck to build around
>>
File: IMG_3202.jpg (43KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3202.jpg
43KB, 223x310px
>>54982330
>>54982322
SOON
>>
>Midrange cucks so salty they want to ban a fucking RG ramp strategy that cant kill you unless they have 7 or more lands in play
Holy shit
>>
Here's my current Death and Taxes iteration. What do you guys think of adding Thraben Inspectors?

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/736715#online

Here are some other relevant cards that I've got:
>3 x Fatal Push
>1 x Spellskite
>1 x Restoration Angel
>4 x Grasp of Darkness (sometimes used in DnT budget decks)
>2 x Vryn Wingmare
>4 x Spirit of the Labyrinth
>2 x Celestial Purge

>tfw Aven Mindcensor into Ghost Quarter
>>
Midrange and Control faggots logic
"Ban literally every deck I have a bad matchup against, Tron, Scapeshift, Burn etc., also give me cards like Stoneforge and BBE back too because I suck at the game and cant win unless every matchup is favorable"
You fucks are the worst, no other group complains as much about decks as much as midrange cucks
>>
File: karn is love karn is life.png (2MB, 1050x590px) Image search: [Google]
karn is love karn is life.png
2MB, 1050x590px
>>54982712
>>54982748
I play tron for the express purpose of tilting these kinds of dickheads.
>>
>>54982785
Honestly might build GB Tron as my next Modern deck since even if Temple gets hit i doubt very highly Urza lands will
I cant stand Midrange/Control faggots anymore, they are responsible for 90% of the bitching about banlists and cards that "NEED TO BE BANNED CAUSE I HAVE A BAD MATCHUP REEEE" fuck your Lilianas, Karn for life
>>
Like please Midrange cucks answer me this. Why do you fags bitch so much about bad matchups when every deck has them?
>>
>>54982862
Yeah, GB is definitely the way to go. I've been on it for about 6-7 months now and it has game against the whole field.
>>
File: IMG_3203.jpg (179KB, 615x841px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3203.jpg
179KB, 615x841px
>midrange cuckery and tronfoolery with a heavy dose of interactionfaggotry

B A D
A
D

T R O N
R
O
N
>>
>>54980501
>urzas lands will be banned tho
That joke never gets old
>>
>Midrange cucks still think Urzas lands will ever be banned
Loving every Laugh
I hope you enjoy Karns hard silver dick up your ass because you'll be getting it at every tournament in the foreseeable future
>>
File: 1489229858240.png (462KB, 470x611px) Image search: [Google]
1489229858240.png
462KB, 470x611px
>>54956587
>what are color identities
>>54966832
Prized Amalgam
>>
>>54971847
>would be fine if it cost 2 phyrexian blue mana

My nigger. I have said this about Misstep for years now.
>>
>>54982946
Better than I expected it to be I love hand rape.
>>
>>54956587
REPRINT MOM
E
P
R
I
N
T

M
O
M
>>
>>54981780
you literally just said the same thing i did but reversed
>>
>>54983369
>it was okay for Blue to be the only color with card draw because muh color identities

Game balance trumps all.
>>
>>54983756
black has plenty of draw
>>
>>54983693
uncertain about a few slots; pact is a sure cut, and there might be one too many removal spells, but all in all bobtron has been a real treat
>>
>>54983756
Im still salty that only black and blue can interact with solitaire combo bullshit, black through discard and blue through counters. I guess white can too through Tax effects but theres only one playable card with that effect in Modern.
I wish Red and Green got some form of "No" to them. Eidolon of the Great Revel kinda does but only for Storm specifically
>>
>>54980835
If you only want to play with and against the best decks, go legacy. Modern is far more enjoyable if you like tier 2 and 3 decks. This is all assuming cost is not a factor to you.
>>
>>54982946
>>54982946
>Dark tuteledge AND dark confidant
Boy, you are asking for trouble. You need more lifegain if you ever want to survive
>>
>>54980835
I play modern because I enjoy winning with bad cards.
>>
File: Three Mana 7:7 Fuck Yeah.png (523KB, 802x540px) Image search: [Google]
Three Mana 7:7 Fuck Yeah.png
523KB, 802x540px
Move the fuck over, Death's Shadow, there's a new super-jank deck in town.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/it-really-adds-up/
>>
File: hou-121-life-goes-on.jpg (212KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
hou-121-life-goes-on.jpg
212KB, 672x936px
>>54986254

dude
>>
>>54983709
Knight of the Reliquary does a decent impression if you're running Sejiri Steppes like you should be doing.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.