[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 419
Thread images: 74

File: Adventure's Road.png (2MB, 1276x1276px) Image search: [Google]
Adventure's Road.png
2MB, 1276x1276px
Heroes Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

And by popular* request:
[TES 5E Conversion] https://uestrpg.wixsite.com/home

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos

*"Popular" = one guy keeps asking about it.

Previous kalpa: >>54821634
>>
Why the fuck is ghostfence around this small mountain and no the big one on this image?
>>
>>54944952
Snow throat is bigger than red mountain anon
>>
>>54944952
>>54945536
Direnni Tower is still the shittest tower.
>>
>>54944952
Snowthroat is tall as fuck
>>
>>54944190
But Morrowind is east of Skyrim, not west.
>>
Can someone explain to me beliefs about the afterlife regarding each culture? So far I only know about Nords and Sovengarde and how worshippers of daedra usually wind up in their respective realms of Oblivion. How do people like the Imperials and Altmer view the afterlife?
>>
>>54946490
Argonians get recycled through the hist

Redguards go to The Far Shores
>>
>>54946490
Going by Skyrim Nords are a huge fucking mess.

Maybe you go to Sovngarde, and then.... not sure. Maybe you wander around pointlessly, maybe you get into that hall, didn't seem like many did. Neither seemed particularly rewarding either way. You also don't do anything there even though you could until some mortal guy triggers your plot flag. You might also not go there and turn into special metal. Or you turn into a ghost but stay in Mundus, or you turn into 50 other variants of undead, mostly Draugr.

Most of the other human races just go to their respective Aedra I think, though there's of course any daedra worshippers or any lycanthropy infected that go to their respective princes plane of oblivion.

Also Dunmer are just.... around. Like Uncle Bob is still around as a ghost, and he will get mad if someone hurts you.
>>
>>54947318
Arent Draugr more or less reanimated bodies, simply bound to protect the tombs
>>
File: spell mishaps random.pdf (68KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
spell mishaps random.pdf
68KB, 1x1px
I wrote this spell mishap table for Elder Scrolls spell categories, which you can feel free to ignore. I just thought somebody would find it interesting.
>>
>>54947705
They're the dragon cultists. They aren't soulless husks since they never technically died. But they are insane because they're really old and don't do anything, and attack anyone who isn't their master.
>>
>>54947770
Fun.
>>
>pic unrelated.

Bosmeri language should sound like Portuguese.
>>
>>54948666
Why is that?
And what pic?
>>
File: i speak deadric HACHOUGHACHA.png (203KB, 505x364px) Image search: [Google]
i speak deadric HACHOUGHACHA.png
203KB, 505x364px
>>
File: 1465686241302.jpg (101KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1465686241302.jpg
101KB, 1000x750px
Guys, I need that Nerevar bonewalker pic pretty please. The one from Trainwiz
>>
>>54947705
If we ignore the shitfest that is Skyrim, Draugr are basically Ghouls:
>[draugr] Once, they were warriors much like the Skaal. Trapped and hungry on this island, they feasted on the flesh of their fallen comrades, which is a crime against nature. The All-Maker cursed them with undeath, forever doomed to walk the land in search of more of the flesh of man to consume.
>>
>>54945631
Not if we go by its PGE1 interpretation:
>Although it has been much modified and added on to over the years, its core is a smooth cylinder of shining metal; the Tower is believed to extend at least as far beneath the surface as is now visible above, although its deepest bowels have never been systematically explored.
>>
>>54952392
That sounds more like weindigo, don't know if I spelled that right.
>>
>>54952452
Yes, there's a bit of Wendigo in them too.
>>
>>54952392
You'd think Namira would just pick 'em up at that point. Not like other Daedra don't pick up a chosen kind.
>>
>>54952576
Namira is much more than just "muh cannibalism daedra".
>>
>>54947896
It's really dumb how Bethesda didn't actually bother to separate draugr from dragon cultists. I mean, all dragon cultists are draugr, but not all draugr in skyrim should be dragon cultists. It's the same with reachmen and forsworn.
>>
>>54952705
The whole Dragon Cult business feels tacked on, to be quite honest with you senpai.
>>
>>54946490
>Nords
Go to Sovingard and then just... chill out with their heroes until the world ends.

>Argonians
Get their souls recycled by the Hist. Memories are saved and reused in as needed.

>Imperials/Bretons
Go to Aetherius, get reincarnated

>Dunmer
Go to Aetherius, come back to guide your family as needed

>Altmer
Maybe go to aetherius, maybe become a minor god, depends on how hard you smash dat pussi

>Everyone else
No clue
>>
>>54952793
It kind of was and I can see that being either really good or really bad.

On one hand, it kind of exemplifies just how far outside of context the dragons are. Everything from their weaknesses, to their names, to their culture was just purged like some kind of black spot on nord/atmoran history, and all this shit from out of nowhere is the result of that.

On the other hand, it's really stupid that just no one noticed the ancient magic ruins, dozens of prophesies, or ominous looking relics laying around in a world where you can't walk five feet without stumbling onto an evil cult or a lost temple.
>>
>>54952813
>Nords
>Go to Sovingard...
Only those who "die valiantly in honorable combat".
>>
>>54952392
What Skyrim did with them is way more interesting than that.

>>54952705
But also this.

>>54952813
>Khajiit
Sands Behind the Stars. The UESP seems to conflate this with Llesw'er, which, as we all know, was established on the moon.
>>
>>54953041
>What Skyrim did with them is way more interesting than that.
Might be, but it's dumb how they essentially retconned the ghouly draugr in stead of the mummy servant ones.
>Sands Behind the Stars
ESO shit.
>>
>>54953260
Not really. Mummy servants are cooler than cannibal ghouls, and make a heck of a lot more sense as well. It could have been the case that the original legend is just what the Skaal, at the time, believed.

Also who gives a fuck.
>>
>>54952793
ofcourse it's not something that had a precedent in the PGE or bloodmoon, or anything we know about nords and skyrim before TES V, but besides the problem in how it's presented in the game world as >>54952872 mentioned it's really cool. The priests, the masks, the totems, lost history, the old temples being squatted by reachmen, bandits, animals etc.
>>
>>54953332
A wasted opportunity, like most lore in games these days.
>>
File: fas6899.png (335KB, 1440x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fas6899.png
335KB, 1440x1200px
>>54949184
Merely a theory.
>>
>>54945536
nope. At least, not in the Morrowind times, when ghost fence was still a thing. Red Mountain was the tallest mountain in all Tamriel until it was destroyed in the Red Year eruption
>>
So what is it that you personally like about the Elder Scrolls universe? What gets you excited about it and draws you in?

For me I think it's how it can be anything you want it to be. Want a simple sword and sorcery fantasy adventure? It's got that. Looking for magitech and sciencey magic? In abundance, with dozens of pages of lore just to speculation and refutation of the mechanics of the world and magic. World of adventure? You can go up to someone and say you're a wandering mercenary with the same casual tone you'd use to say you're a real estate broker and odds are they wouldn't even blink. Hell, there's multiple government subsidized mercenary groups and more monster hunting organizations than you can count. Wanna be a wizard? Fuck that, go be a reality warping demi-god instead. Warrior? Sure, take this glowing spear made out of god magic. Thief? There's multiple gods that exist just to give you the stupid amounts of luck you need to pull of the coolist shit possible. Explorer? There's a ruin or a temple or a lost cave everywhere you look, just waiting to be explored. Just stay home and be comfy? Go for it, there's a snuggly shack, a cozy cottage or a nice town right where you'd hope it be.

Anything you want to do in Tamriel you can, and you can do it in the best way possible. The world is just that flexible.
>>
>>54945536
>Throat of the World
>This is the highest mountain in Skyrim, and the highest in Tamriel aside from Vvardenfell in Morrowind.
>>
>>54948666
If the bosmer are portuguese, would that make colovians spanish and khajiit moroccans?
>>
>>54953928
I mean, you pretty much just listed every reason to like it, so what's left for everyone else to say? Well that and the lore.
>>
>>54953928
The theological depth, or depth comparable to real world religion and occultism.
>>
>>54954037
>PGE1
Huh, did not remember that.I stand corrected then.
>>
Is there any lore detailing the war of Betony? Intrested in it since it has lots of jokes revolving around it in Daggerfall.
>>
>>54955481
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Fav'te's_War_Of_Betony
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:War_of_Betony#The_War_of_Betony
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Newgate%27s_War_Of_Betony
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Books:The_Daggerfall_Chronicles/Narrative#The_Battle_of_Cryngaine_Field
>>
>>54955481
There's a shitton of info on it in Daggerfall proper.
>>54955527
These are pretty much the essentials.
>>
Give me a character idea for Morrowind. I'm a veteran player who has completed (every quest done, every dungeon, full map etc.) game several times, so hit me with your best shot.
>>
>>54955949
Nord wiseman
Try to make Thuum in morrowind
>>
>>54954411
I don't mind that at all.
>>
What are some of your speculations and headcanons?
For exampe, what is house Sadras like?
>>
>>54957447
I've always imagined it taking Hlaalu's niche, managing a lot of the ebony and kwama mining operations but with much stronger ties to Blacklight.
>>
More Daggerfall Unity stuff:
https://youtu.be/FS2SjqpEQtQ

>>54957447
>what is house Sadras like
It's just House Mora again, I hope.
>>
>>54954411
Makes sense, since the colovians are the western, slightly more uncivilized but also way more combative part of the Empire, the khajiit live in a desert and that would make the bretons fit more as france/england.
>>
File: 1424104658698.jpg (2MB, 2400x750px) Image search: [Google]
1424104658698.jpg
2MB, 2400x750px
If you could live in third era Vvanderfell as native dunmer commoner what would you do?
I personally think that being silt strider caravaner would be pretty cool.
>>
>>54959327
No, but if I was an Argonian commoner I would. With all the submerged mines and shipwrecks around Vvardenfell you could get hilariously rich through careful diving.
>>
>>54959477
I hope you enjoy being robbed and mugged to death by the Tong.
>>
File: SADRASbanner.jpg (13KB, 150x300px) Image search: [Google]
SADRASbanner.jpg
13KB, 150x300px
>>54957447
I like what >>54958211 said. Perhaps Sadras began as a coalition of a few particularly industrious Ashlander tribes ("SA" "DR", and "AS" perhaps being relevant here). These tribes benefited from the natural resources of their ancestral home. Agriculturally skilled with regards to the sustainable egg mining, they simultaneously benefited from the occasional vein of raw ebony said to marble the kwama tunnels.

The origins of this alliance of clans can be traced to the wilder areas of west Vvardenfell. Correctly predicting the spread of House Hlaalu, these original clans banded together and were willing to provide an offer that the imperialistic Great House could not resist. Sadras essentially sued for peace before any great effort had to be taken on Hlaalu's part. The minor House offered a generous tithe of eggs and ebony to their benefactor in exchange for greater operational freedoms and a retaining of certain Ashlander practices; Hlaalu, perhaps in an effort to demonstrate a certain diplomatic savvy to their Imperial trade partners, accepted.
Thus began what would become one of Morrowind's more influential Great Houses.

>pic related is their banner - a kwama egg overtop three bonded ebony ingots
>>
File: Lord Bridwell.jpg (155KB, 664x800px) Image search: [Google]
Lord Bridwell.jpg
155KB, 664x800px
>>54955481
It's a critical plot point of Daggerfall, forming the backdrop for the setting, which is why it's written about so much in books from that game.

Speaking of Daggerfall, here's a fun fact. According to FACTIONS.TXT, Lord Bridwell is a Redguard. I wonder if that's a mistake, or if it's intentional.
>>
File: tumblr_of8m63izFm1vwk10do1_1280.jpg (362KB, 843x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_of8m63izFm1vwk10do1_1280.jpg
362KB, 843x900px
why isn't martin septim treated the same way as saint al-esh since he reforged the covenant and rendered the amulet of kings irrelevant
>>
>>54962278
That's a good question, anon.
I'd never even thought of it, but now I need to know.
>>
Is Kirkbride's fluff canon?
>>
File: yagram40_by_blakkubass-dbkesd3.png (78KB, 357x417px) Image search: [Google]
yagram40_by_blakkubass-dbkesd3.png
78KB, 357x417px
go to deviantart, find something funny and post it here
>>
>>54959708
Dark elves can't swim, anon.
>>
>>54962278
He is?
>>
>>54962594
Canon is completely subjective.
>>
>>54962733
I'm actually having a hard time finding something that's so bad it's good.
Lots of fairly decent art here, with some really good stuff here and there.

I don't doubt that there's real shit out there, I just can't find it.
>>
>>54962594
I tend to disregard or ignore his fluff considering his shaky relationship with Bethesda and how absurd it is at times, like some fanfic from a teenager who watched too much anime and thinks it's the best thing ever. If you want to consider his stuff canon then go ahead.
>>
>>54963099
It's more like someone who read too much Crowley and comic books.
>>
>>54955481
There's so many books in all the games after Daggerfall based on its events and even questlines, too.

During Daggerfall you help Prince Lhotun of Sentinel discover the grisly fate of his oldest brother, and the book Night Falls On Sentinel is the tale of an assassin hired by then King Lhotun to track down the last of the people responsible for it.
>>
>>54963188
You also help Morgiah become Queen of Firsthold, and later on we get a book called "The Firsthold Revolt" detailing an event under her rule.

"How Orsinium Passed to the Orcs" also fleshed out Gortwog's story, though it takes place before the events of Daggerfall itself.

"The Warp in the West" is another example, I guess.

Most of these books were written by Peterson, to no one's surprise. Having written most of the stuff for the War of Betony for Daggerfall in the first place, he knew which character and plot threads to pick back up come Morrowind.
>>
>>54962594
Depends on the text. Some are some aren't.
>>54962749
That's why they strike when you sleep. Even Argonians don't sleep in water.
>>54962876
That's what Kirkbride wants you to believe. Truth is that there must be a canon or otherwise Bethesda couldn't make consistent sequels. Still, it's obviously very loose because consistency is what it is and Beth has never revealed what they consider canon.
>>
>>54964441
>Bethesda couldn't make consistent sequels
And they don't.
>>
File: tumblr_oj1bp9tUzG1vfqbnro1_500.jpg (37KB, 436x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oj1bp9tUzG1vfqbnro1_500.jpg
37KB, 436x750px
>>54962757
he isn't treated in the same breadth by the literature like al-esh is. I mean, he didn't single-handedly create the Empire, but still, the lack of mystical texts and religious references for alessia 2.0 is weird.

>>54962594
yes. there's nothing to suggest otherwise the way the elder scrolls developers treats his OOG work
>>
>>54959327
>Actually wanting to live in Vvardenfell
haha no thanks
>>
>>54964441
>Truth is that there must be a canon or otherwise Bethesda couldn't make consistent sequels.
So what you're saying is there isn't a canon.
>>
>>54965726
Maybe not that weird, if you consider Thalmor and their efforts suppress certain parts of human history and religion.
>>
>>54963058
you're not trying hard enough, check this
>>
File: droziraseptim.jpg (44KB, 313x377px) Image search: [Google]
droziraseptim.jpg
44KB, 313x377px
>>54962876
So can Talos be a Khajiit? :3
>>
>Where a hundred small kingdoms once squabbled over territory and resources, today, just two decades after the Miracle, there are just five left in High Rock

What would be the strength of a united high rock?
>>
>>54968251
During the Three Banners War, High Rock was the main body of the Daggerfall Covenant, with an infamously pervasive spy network. Taking into account how upper and upper middle class Bretons find almost any excuse to go QUEST for GREAT JUSTICE and how pervasive knight culture is in Breton society, a fully unified High Rock would be decently powerful. Whether or not it could stand up to the Legion of the Septim Empire is debatable, but if it reclaimed the kind of power it had during the events of ESO, it'd certainly be a hard target.
>>
>>54968501
>Three Banners War
Discarded.
>>
>>54968657
I have yet to get a valid explanation for why some people refuse to acknowledge ESO, except for citing things that happened at launch or memes. It's no more lore breaking than Skyrim or Oblivion was.
>>
>>54968685
>It's no more lore breaking than Skyrim or Oblivion was
>this is what ESOfags actually believe
>>
>>54968717
Oblivion re-wrote the setting so drastically it required an entirely new scripture to be written just to explain why it looked so drastically from how it had been described in Morrowind, in addition to removing any major traits of the Nibenese and Colovians and making the Imperial City a circular street with some crates.

Skyrim shoehorned in a massive amount of backstory and lore for the original Atmoran settlers that came totally out of the blue, failed to even attempt to explain why no one even acknowledged the existence of the Dragon Cult before, had peopled outright stating that they thought dragons were myths despite the fact that multiple dragons have been in service to the Empire, had more say they thought dragons would never return despite there being multiple alive in the 3rd era, retconned the creation of draugr to being part of some overly elaborate form of Egyptian-style service after death,

I don't see how ESO does much worse than that. It's mostly pretty benine, with the worst offenses I can think of being copying the plot of Oblivion, which at least has the justification of not being properly recorded because the times after the fall of the Reman Empire were like a mini-dark age, Ayem starting to weaken before she was supposed to, having an argonian get poisoned, more Dragon Priest memery, and Black Briar Mede showing up a few thousand years early.
>>
this thread is slow as shit, come up with a subject we can discuss
hell, come up with 5
>>
File: Breton mage.jpg (193KB, 800x1051px) Image search: [Google]
Breton mage.jpg
193KB, 800x1051px
>>54968251
>united high rock
Not really possible. I mean, if we take some of Daggerfall endings separately, a single kingdom (either Daggerfall, Wayrest or Sentinel) used Numidium (which enabled Tiber to forge the continent-spanning Empire back in the days), but even then its conquests were limited by the Iliac Bay region. AND, even then, these endings got mashed together in the end with Numidium being destroyed. Late 3E is probably the closest High Rock can get to being united - both the local landscape and culture heavily favors balcanization.
Even the Direnni Hegemony didn't last more than ~150 years.
>>
>>54968816
>Nature of souls returned to the Hist
>The Soul Trade
>Motives of the College of Whispers outside of their stated goal of "Bully the Synod"
>What becoming one of the "shadows of luck" once a Nightingale's period of service ends actually entails
>touch fully tail or hug scaly tail
>>
>>54968685
It seems like the developers put things in the game without thinking about 'why' first. They make something "deep and cool" that comes off as shallow or more breaking because they only thought of 'why' after the fact.
It tries too hard to shoehorn in references to the mainline games every 10 steps. Which wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't 1000 years in the past. A large premise of the game, the 3 Banner War, was just a shallow attempt at making the game like World of Warcraft with little thought put into the reasons why. It attempts to remove all mystery by showing us things that have only been referenced, but it does so very poorly. A lot of zones I played in had at least one time travel quest, which shouldn't be possible without some major fuckery via an Elder Scroll/Akatosh/Numidium. Meridia's Dawnbreaker is used as a tool to hunt Daedra by the Fighter's Guild, for some reason.
The majority of the content post-launch isn't bad, I'll give it that, but the rest of the game is just plain bad.
>>
File: 1-grail-knight.jpg (398KB, 1595x2121px) Image search: [Google]
1-grail-knight.jpg
398KB, 1595x2121px
>>54968501
Does knight also mean knights (Like picture)?
>>
>>54969131
Knight specifically refers to Sirs with pages and horse and heraldry and armor and all of that.
>>
>>54968685
To start, the very idea of the Alliance War is not only completely dishonest to the setting, but an unbelievably dull and ill-suited premise to begin with.
We are supposed to believe that several realms, to which are supposed to be already suffering from their own internal issues and strife, have decided to 'ally' themselves with their neighboring disparate realms (apparently based on racial lines of all things) whose inhabitants literally despise each other (not just 'oh our people don't trust each other but we can learn to get along' as ESO presents it, but a genuine belief that these "others" as 'less than people,' at best), to arbitrarily claim a powerbase of which has not been relevant beyond its borders for over a century? And all at once, mind you! And the thing is I could go on much further into why the whole premise of this game, and many more of its lesser aspects, make no sense to the established setting.
The idea is so preposterous, it could have never been proposed by someone who had any actual understanding of the existing lore, much less a basic understanding of history.
>It's no more lore breaking than Skyrim or Oblivion was
It's definitely more lore breaking than Skyrim, which, by the, is not any where's near a positive point in its defense.
>>
>>54968880
>>54969722
I'll concede that on surface levels, the Alliances don't make sense and they're definitely more than a little forced, but there is actual effort put into explaining the situations that led to their formation. The orismer, for example, are only working with King Emeric and the Redguards in exchange for territory to rebuild Orsinium.

And it's not as if everyone's getting along perfectly. The Ebonheart Pact almost falls apart multiple times just because everyone hates each other. His coronation consists of the Dunmer ambassador making backhanded comments while complaining about Skyrim. A decent chunk of the Dominion outright hates Ayrenn for forcing her alliance on them, to say nothing of how close she comes to getting outright murdered multiple times for her attempts to form a peaceful alliance. One of High Kinlady Estre's selling points to the conservative altmer was that she would start a race war. There's a Bad End vision you can see during the Reaper's March questline that shows how horribly fragile the whole situation is, and it ends with Ayrenn and Raz being beat to death, the Green Lady exiled and cursing the Dominion, and Summerset overrun by the Veiled Hesitance. The end of the main questline involves the three Aliances outsourcing the task of saving the world to mercenaries because they can't stop arguing long enough.

I guess it ultimately goes back to the problem of putting mechanical design first and then building a setting around that without considering the implications, but it's not impossible to see a way that the Alliances could make sense, especially when the game goes through such pains to make it clear that they're all one bad day from caving in.

As for the issue of time travel without the use of a Elder Scroll or dragon magic, yes that's a plot hole. The Dawnbreaker thing seems like Meridia wants attention and fame, and that's what I assumed Dawnbreaker being temporally given to the Guild was supposed to be.
>>
>>54970056
Pointing out that the alliances have internal strife and "almost fall apart" doesn't remedy fact that the alliances themselves are the issue.
It merely acknowledges that it's nonsensical, and the fact that you know no such inner strife will ever really mean anything (because the central concept of the game requires the alliances), makes it almost comical.
The alliances are forced because they have to be, because it's a fundamentally flawed concept.

It's just bad writing, and I'm sure the developers are aware of this.
Not to speak of the whole trouble of effectively retrofitting a whole new setting into already established ground, with all the inconsistencies this causes.
>>
>>54970310
>The alliances are forced because they have to be

There are MMOs without alliances, like FF14
>>
>>54970434
I think he means the alliances are forced because they wouldn't exiay without being forced, not that they have to exist for the purpose of the game
>>
>>54970434
I'm not saying that the alliances are required because ESO is an MMO, because as you point out MMOs don't need to have alliances, but rather that ESO in and of itself is written in such a way that the alliances are central to the game's setting.
It's not a matter of genre or medium, but of design and writing.
>>
>>54970310
I'm aware that it's a fundementally flawed concept, yes. It's the result of a mechanic being made first with the story being forced to work in spite of, not because of, the game that's been made to frame it. The internal strife, to me at least, is the manner in which the writers chose to communicate how difficult such alliances would be to form, let alone maintain, and it's the best they can do without actively subverting the people doing the mechanical development.

I'm not saying it's flawless and the game's writing does have glaring issues, but to write the entire thing off outright and ignore the places where it can be seen, in my opinion at least, that the writing team actually DID try to make an engaging world is unreasonable. Ignoring the good parts of the game and focusing exclusively on the flawed framing device for the setting is just as bad as cherry picking only the few (and I do mean few) well-written NPCs and saying ESO is a masterpiece of character design. Which, for those of you who haven't played it, it is not. Holy shit the VA work is a nightmare.
>>
Hey, sorry I asked last time but is UESRPG still getting worked on? I'm actually running a game with it right now.
>>
>>54971856
1e is finished, but it's shit.

2e is unfinished but support has been dropped. It's playable in the current state, but there won't be any updates or new expansions.

3e and it's supplements are still in development iirc.
>>
>>54972210
A lot of the 3e stuff is out. Core rules, monsters, etc...
>>
File: stop now.jpg (193KB, 1786x446px) Image search: [Google]
stop now.jpg
193KB, 1786x446px
>>54962733
One of the first things I fucking see
>>
>>54972210
>>54973066

Is there a guideline for making the races? I'm contemplating homebrewing Imga, Ogres and other khajiit lunar cycles.
>>
>>54962733
CHIM up, fool.
>>
File: Shannon.jpg (100KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Shannon.jpg
100KB, 774x1032px
>>54962733
>>
File: anime profile pic.png (2MB, 800x2983px) Image search: [Google]
anime profile pic.png
2MB, 800x2983px
>>54962733
>>
File: ark.jpg (149KB, 811x986px) Image search: [Google]
ark.jpg
149KB, 811x986px
>>54962733
3 more.
>>54963058
Don't know what this niggas' talkin about
>>
File: 1502446510295.jpg (47KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1502446510295.jpg
47KB, 403x403px
>>54973589
good lord
>>
File: fetish.jpg (9KB, 378x350px) Image search: [Google]
fetish.jpg
9KB, 378x350px
>>54973659
:)
>>
File: jiub.jpg (9KB, 146x350px) Image search: [Google]
jiub.jpg
9KB, 146x350px
>>54962733
>>
File: fanfic.png (889KB, 1024x628px) Image search: [Google]
fanfic.png
889KB, 1024x628px
>>54962733
>>
>>54973444
All of those got stats in 2e, which should be easy to convert to 3e.
>>
>>54973678
That cat is dead, why must she still suffer this abuse?
>>
>>54970056
As the other anon pointed out, no matter how seemingly 'unstable' the alliances and relations between races are presented to be in the games (which frankly often appears disingenuous and lacking in any real substance at all, more or less just included so the devs can excuse their poor handling of the setting) it will always never be enough because the bottom line is that none of these alliances should ever even exist in the manner in which they do, they are simply that infeasible.

Let's take this instance with the Orcs joining the covenant you bring up, as an example. You say Emeric got Orcs to join by granting them land to rebuild an Orc kingdom. Sounds simple enough, but let me ask you this, how in holy hell did he manage to get away with doing that? Did he personally own the lands he gave to the Orcs? Seems very unlikely given the location Orsinium is placed in the game (Far outside Wayrest's traditional boundaries). Does he somehow possess the authority to redistribute the land? And if so how? What Breton lord would allow one man so much power over their lands? Isn't the Covenant supposed to be a military alliance, like just an agreement between varying kingdoms, and not a genuine sovereignty, with absolute authority? And if not, how did Emeric ever possibly manage to convince the other Breton lords to agree to be subsidiaries?
Likewise are the other Breton lords somehow not worried at the prospect of a strong new Orsinium, something that was essentially the greatest threat the Bretons had ever faced? Even if we assume the lands do somehow belong to Emeric, how are the other lords in any way okay with this? Emeric allowing a dangerous kingdom to form with his only reasoning being a means to support his own personal imperial ambitions?
It seems like that would be the absolute worse possible move to make if you want to hold power over your already politically precarious seat.

It's negligence like this that really sets me off.
>>
File: chrome_2017-08-21_00-11-02.png (29KB, 1549x245px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-08-21_00-11-02.png
29KB, 1549x245px
Would it not just be easier to learn English?

>>54968829
There's also the fact that the Bay kingdoms are just two of the eight kingdoms present in High Rock at the time. At the time before the Warp in the West, Daggerfall, Wayrest, Northpoint, Shornhelm, Camlorn, Farrun and Jehenna all lay claim to kingship.
>>
>>54976429
I'm not denying that the handling of the Alliance set up was weak. What I am arguing is that ignoring the existence of what ESO brought forward and the lengths that were gone to to acknowledge that the people actually doing the writing are aware of how improbable these alliances are at least deserves some degree of respect. There's simply no reason that the game itself should be treated as non-canon.

As for where Emric got the land, not actually sure about that. The Bretons and the Reguards have a political alliance, and the Ebonheart Pact mostly formed because of an extremely awkward truce no one really wanted to be in to repel the Kamal Invasion, and the Aldmeri Dominion is essentially a glorified protectorate system, but who owned what when in the Northwestern regions isn't something I could say off the top of my head.
>>
Argonains.
>>
>>54979160
Have dirty souls.
>>
>>54979312
Untrue. They've been carefully laundered by only the best talking trees.
>>
>>54979331
I prefer dream-based laundering over tree-based laundering.
>>
>>54979452
Dream laundering works well enough, but the smell of dead demi-god never washes out.
>>
>>54979522
Well, it's either that or inheriting memories that aren't even mine. And most of the time it's just memories of swamp stuff.
So I'll just live with the dead god instead.
>>
File: tumblr_o8gsthYbyz1ukk2qmo1_400.jpg (60KB, 356x414px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8gsthYbyz1ukk2qmo1_400.jpg
60KB, 356x414px
>>54979575
I mean I can't force you, but I'll be pretty content taking my 2000+ years of emergency back up memories and getting psychic visions from smooching a plant.
>>
File: IMG_3142.jpg (41KB, 420x362px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3142.jpg
41KB, 420x362px
>>54973444
Khajiit lunar cycles are in 3e PHB, ogre statblock is in Scroll of beasts, should be straightforward to reverse engineer, and imga are probably coming with Scroll of valenwood
>>
File: 1459728698777.png (220KB, 540x805px) Image search: [Google]
1459728698777.png
220KB, 540x805px
>>54979595
>>
>>54946171

OP's pic is depicting the PC from Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Skyrim respectively.
>>
>>54980727
Rude. Hero of Kvatch is back there in the purple suit.
>>
>>54979726
>That fucking picture.

Took some digging but I finally found the PHB. Thanks! Alfiq are fucking awesome.
>>
>>54953041

Maybe, but Skyrim is both newer and still somewhat popular with the filthy disgusting normie scum so we have to hate it on principal
>>
>Solar eclipse soon
We /real vampire hours/
>>
>Monday afternoon

Prime shitposting hours
>>
File: Smug Bosmer.png (57KB, 262x258px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Bosmer.png
57KB, 262x258px
>YFW Next game is in Valenwood with further anthropomorphized elves
>>
File: Bosmer faces.jpg (72KB, 500x564px) Image search: [Google]
Bosmer faces.jpg
72KB, 500x564px
>>54988178
To determine what TES VI would be like we'd need to know what the next big fantasy movie/series will be. Oblivion leeched of LotR, Skyrim of GoT... perhaps the reason the next main TES game isn't currently in the works is that there's nothing new to leech off yet.
>>
>>54988395
From the hints being dropped it's going to be Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
>>54988622
I would be okay with this
>>
>>54988395
Oh yeah also you're a moron
>>
>>54989019
Am not.
>>
>>54968129

No, Talos is canonically a Breton.
>>
>>54990412
And a Nord. And an Imperial. And Lorkhan.
>>
>>54990412
I though Talos was canonically an asshole
>>
>>54973814
>that samurai manlet
>>
>>54991192
>asshole
>breton
What's the difference?
>>
should we make these thread biweekly from now on? we're running low and steam, we can make it weekly again if we get fresh lore, which should only take a year or five :^)
>>
>>54994295
We aren't running low on steam, we're being killed off by people who ignore and attack eso (and esl) lore, so it's extremely hard to talk about anything without triggering the thread.
Hell, half the time people mention mk lore, shitposters screech about that too.
We need to enforce this thread as a lore thread, not a canon thread. If you don't like lore, then don't come here, and as far as you know it won't exist.
Now that's not to say we can't have arguments about what is true inuniverse and what is just gameplay reasons, in fact reading through this thread is seems we did have an okay discussion about it. But too often eso/mk lore is just met with insulting shitposting that moderation doesn't seem to care about. Frankly they probably don't care about lore in the first place, they just want to shitpost.
Having less threads won't fix shitposting, it would just kill off those who do come here and do discuss lore. Less threads is trying to cure a cancer by dressing a symptom.
Either keep it every weekend or kill it off completely.
>>
>>54994503
Fuck off.
>>
Are the daedra associated with any numbers? Like is there holy number for malacath or clavicus vile? Need to know for running a game.
>>
>>54994576
Really proving his point.
>>
File: 1430678458472.jpg (25KB, 250x205px) Image search: [Google]
1430678458472.jpg
25KB, 250x205px
>>54994503
>we're being killed off by people who ignore and attack eso (and esl) lore
Why don't you try /r/teslore instead then?
>>
>>54994608
I don't remember anything like that. You could apply the usual numerological methods to their names though.
>>
>>54953041

So instead of cannibals cursed to become ghouls you prefer generic undead because they worshiped dragons?

Shit taste
>>
>>54994503
I mean, you've got a valid point but I don't think the whole
>it's not real lore because i said so
memery is going to die any time soon. It's too deeply ingrained in the general.
>>
>>54995471
>They ate people and became zombies because a god did it, a god who we have never ever seen do anything otherwise
Versus
>Ancient Viking mummies who endlessly maintain the tombs of their masters and are part of a dragon worshiping, end-of-time-personified worshiping cult from another continent, who people mistakenly believe have been cursed

You are junk.
>>
>>54994608
ESO had Malacth being associated with geometric figures, particularly an off-kilter square, but that's all I can think of.
>>
>>54995918
If he really wanted to talk about ESO, he'd just post about it. And if others really wanted to talk about it, they'd respond.
>>
>>54996073
And then they;d get memed to death. Scroll up in the thread, there's a single mention of the events of ESO that turned into a day long argument about whether or not it's valid.
>>
>>54996108
we need an upvote system
>>
>>54996182
Shouldn't that be, you know, on the people who can't stop complaining whenever it's brought up? Because people here do occasionally mention it despite that. Retard.
>>
>>54996131
I don't see how that would help anything, in fact it would stifle arguments on both sides and would just promote barely relevant meme joke posts.
>>
>>54995922
Careful with that edge anon

I'd hate to see you cut yourself
>>
>>54996219
>Joke
>A fuckload of air
>Your head
>>
>>54996241
What? Are you replying to the wrong person?
>>
Making some NPCs that the party may encounter along the way in a UESRPG 3e campaign. Any good ideas? I'd share what I have thus far but I'm afraid one of my players goes here.
>>
>>54994608
Summoning days.
>>
>>54997293
What province are you playing in?
>>
>>54998744
Currently the party is walking from Morrowind into Cyrodiil and they're going to be mucking about Cyrodiil for a good long while.
>>
>>54997293
Escaped slaves are a simple, if somewhat cliched, encounter.
>>
>>54999143
Have you considered Vivec? Just introduce him to the party and then get naked and force your muatra on the players.
>>
>>54991399
The fag that made the pic says that in his version of the universe Khajiit and Argonians were once stone.
>>
File: 11657798413.jpg (38KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
11657798413.jpg
38KB, 500x418px
>>54973814
i don't get it
>>
Vive la France hon hon hon
>>
>>55000005
oui oui baguette
>>
>>54999998
Just like, look dude.
>>
>>54999937
You ain't fooling anybody here Michael Kirkbride.
>>
File: 44752-0-1485871210.png (680KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
44752-0-1485871210.png
680KB, 1024x768px
>>55000714
Fuck, I've been caught. You'll never take me alive! I won't go back to the hospital! Chim chim charooooooooo!
>>
So what is the deal with satakal, Like he is bigger than everything?
Have we ever seen him in setting or is he just one of those background entities?
>>
>>55001780
He's the main God of the Yokudan Pantheon, much like Akatosh to the Empire. He serves a similar role to Akatosh's Nordic counterpart, Alduin, by eating the current kalpa and beginning a new one. If the "Yokuda is a past kalpa" theory is correct, then he is the previous incarnation of Akatosh, and not just another form of him like Alduin. He hasn't been seen in setting as far as i know, but I would imagine his likeness would be an Ouroboros.
>>
>>55001780
Sakatal is the Old Yokudan God of Everything. It embodies creation and destruction, and to an extent serves the roles of all the aspects of Aka-Tusk in the old yokudan faith.
>>
>>54995922
>maintain
Someone get those lazy fucks a bunch of feather dusters, those dungeons are filthy
>>
>>55002429
The ancient nords were known for many great feats of magic and artifice, but alas the Roomba was not one of them.
>>
>>55002457
>The ancient nords were known for many great feats of magic and artifice
>The modern nords are known for hit elf good and the inability to read
What went wrong?
>>
>>55002982
The Oblivion Crisis causing most of Tamriel to turn on magic users, the entire tip of the province except The College of Winterhold sinking into the ocean, increased racial and cultural tensions with elven immigrants and Breton natives who historically are magic users, centuries of being the Legion's designated Punch Stuff More Gooder squad along with the Orismer, the Mage's Guild dissolving and being replaced with the significantly less useful Synod, and general cultural decline that comes with ineffective leadership and excessive nationalism.
>>
>>55002982
Nords. They're a bunch of retards to begin with. Any sort of achievement of theirs in ancient history is either exaggerated or just blatantly false, probably being propaganda from that villainous character Talos to compensate for the shitty backwater province he came from.
>>
>>55004700
>to compensate for the shitty backwater province he came from
That's High Rock though.
>>
>>55004700
t. altmer
>>
>>54944190
Does the Direnni Tower look like a penis on purpose?
>>
>>55004914
Looks like a neo armstrong cyclone jet armstrong cannon to me.
>>
>>55001780
Essentially Alessian Akatosh, just less personal and more like a doomsday clock.
>>
>>54962515
I can see one reason. The Septims were the greatest rulers of all time. It can't be easy to rule after them. Making Martin as important as Al-Esh would put a giant thorn in the new monarch's side, by reminding everyone constantly of the splendor of the Septim, and how lacking they are in comparison.

Centuries later, though, that's another story.
>>
File: dunmer.png (107KB, 790x768px) Image search: [Google]
dunmer.png
107KB, 790x768px
>>55005120
>The Septims were the greatest rulers of all time
>>
>>55005192
That's reasoning from the point of view of the guy who came after Martin. Obviously, the Mane is the best in my heart.
>>
>>55005279
Top tier taste. Bright moons and sharp claws Anon.
>>
So, I want to run a game, but I'm having some issues.
Now, I've played Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, read the books, know *some* of the lore, but, assuming my PCs aren't going to start theological debates with the local clergy, what exactly should I know?

For that matter, how the hell does the Temple organize exactly?
Is each regional cult responsible for its own members and rites?
Is there a Pope? Do they have ecumenical synods?
Is the Temple structure (as seen in Morrowind) the same as everywhere else?
Isn't each priest supposed to worship all the Divines? How come you get priests that seem dedicated to only one in Skyrim?
How do they treat Daedra worship? It seems like it's not illegal, just not popular.

Also: I'm having an issue with size.
It's kind of a bitch to figure out how big things are supposed to be. And it's very annoying trying to figure out population densities and things like that.
Anybody got something to help me out?
>>
>>55006480
I should have mentioned I was talking about the Imperial Cult, not the Dunmer Temple.
>>
>>55006480
>For that matter, how the hell does the Temple organize exactly?
It differs from temple to temple, and province to province, it seems.
For example, the Temple of Dibella in Skyrim has rituals tied to the role of "Sybil", which isn't something we've seen anywhere else. Around the Illiac Bay, the Temples have their own military orders, and the worshippers of Akatosh keep sacred dragonlings.

>Is each regional cult responsible for its own members and rites?
That seems to be the way it works.

>Is there a Pope?
No, though powerful religious offices do exist. The highest I know about is the Archbishopric of The One.
I think this is less of a "pope" situation, and more of a "first among equals" situation, like with the Patriarch of Constantinople.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primus_inter_pares#Eastern_Orthodox_Church

>Isn't each priest supposed to worship all the Divines?
Not really. You can recognise all gods, and still primarily worship one. It's a system of related cults more than a monolithic faith.
See here for inspiration:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flamen

>How do they treat Daedra worship?
Depends on area and period.
>>
>>55003075
Underrated post.
>>
File: jEBLiat_d.jpg (30KB, 640x296px) Image search: [Google]
jEBLiat_d.jpg
30KB, 640x296px
>>55006480

>Is there a Pope? Do they have ecumenical synods?
Pre-Oblivion crisis, the Emperor would probably act the Pope, being directly connected to Akatosh.
>Isn't each priest supposed to worship all the Divines? How come you get priests that seem dedicated to only one in Skyrim?
This is a thing in each game aside from Morrowind. Priests in Daggerfall Skyrim and Oblivion had temples specific to one divine. Presumably each priest worships every divine but puts emphasis on one specific divine. For example, you respect Zenithar but don't practice his ways, instead choosing to dedicate your life to painting and sexy healing loincloths for Dibella.
>How do they treat Daedra worship? It seems like it's not illegal, just not popular.
It is illegal in a few provinces iirc, and looked down upon almost everywhere else, with the exception being Morrowind. It's heavily prosecuted by the Vigil of Stendarr in the 4th era.
>Also: I'm having an issue with size.
>It's kind of a bitch to figure out how big things are supposed to be. And it's very annoying trying to figure out population densities and things like that.
>Anybody got something to help me out?
Pic related for size of Tamriel. Dunno about population density.
>>
>>55006480
Imperial Cult is fairly unorganized. There really isn't any definitive clergy or canon or anything like that, it's really more of just what you would expect of a polytheistic religion, just organized in a manner that is more convenient for a continent spanning Empire.
Basically the Empire kind of needed a single faith it could say it adhered to as a uniting factor, to check infighting between the powerful cults, and not completely dumbfound foreign visitors who can't wrap their heads around all this inconsistency. The things is Cyrodiil never really had a unified religion (well it did, but people really don't like to talk about that one), so instead of say picking one cult and alienating the rest, they decided to grip the basic essentials of Cyrodiilic faith and institute a sort of regulated pantheon of gods, the Eight, that most of its cults would be willing to adhere to.
Think of it like an alliance or sort of coherence between the mainline cults and temples of Cyrodiil, and attempted order placed over their own finicky little conclaves.
These temples would all have their own way of running things, but none would necessarily have complete control. Take for example the Temple of the One, probably the most prolific of the Imperial cults. It likely has a high priest, that could essentially be considered the 'Pope' of the One, but said pope wouldn't really have any real control over the Dibellan temple down the street. And even that Dibellan temple may not be revering Dibella in the same way guys in Anvil might.

As for Daedra worship, it has historically been legal in the Third Empire, just not really encouraged. Their would almost certainly be a myriad of cults in Nibenay that pay homage to various Daedra, probably not nearly as much in Colovia.

Side note, the Dunmer Temple is almost certainly the most organized religion in Tamriel.
>>
>>55007885
>>55007805
>>55007401

Excellent, thank you.

Another thing I'm pretty vague about is the level of technology.
As far as I can see, nothing really advances. I think this was attributed to the Daedra, but I can't remember why or how.
>>
File: images.png (18KB, 214x235px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
18KB, 214x235px
>>55004723
>people who think tiber septim was a nord
>>
>>55008435
Get out of here, Thalmor.

>>54968794
>looked so drastically from how it had been described in Morrowind

Does anyone have some good immediate sources on pre-Oblivion Cyrodil? Just want to have some on hand.
>>
>>55007805
>the Emperor would probably act the Pope
The Emperor is in no way a religious figure, in fact the Septim Emperors made it one of their main duties to keep religious and political affairs as separate as possible.
The Emperor's connection to Akatosh is merely a symbol of divine mandate, their right of rulership. Its a statement that they have been chosen by Akatosh to rule justly and protect the people of the Empire.
That said their have been periods in Cyrodiilic history where the Emperor was also the highest religious authority. Particularly during the early Alessian period where the Emperor was seen as the literal manifestation of God on earth, whose word was law.
>>
>>55008587
PGE1 is the big one. Some NPCs talk about it too.
>>
If I remember correctly, one of Uriel VII's bastards was an archbishop.
>>
File: cyrodiil description.png (216KB, 1659x132px) Image search: [Google]
cyrodiil description.png
216KB, 1659x132px
>>55008587
I feel like this should be pretty mandatory knowledge
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_1st_Edition/Cyrodiil

Here's the Morrowind description as well
>>
>>54990412
>>54990469
How can there be this much ambiguity about a guy who only lived 400 years ago
>>
>>55008896
>ambiguity
You must be new here
>>
>>55008661
>>55008783
Thanks, y'all.

I knew Cyrodil changed, just forgot where exactly I read it in game.

I also never got the chance to play Morrowind until two years after Oblivion came out.
>>
>>54968832
>Nature of souls returned to the Hist
this sounds interesting, could someone elaborate further?
>>
>>55008896
Most of history prior to the Third Era is pretty poorly recorded, especially Interregnum period history. History then is pretty much just legend, what makes the best story, and bringing in such a renowned character like Talos into the matter carries a lot of wewuzism.

Also, depending on how you want to look at it, the Dragon Break.
>>
>>55009246
Which one? The Dragon broke so many times it's hard to count.
>>
>>55009539
>The Dragon broke so many times it's hard to count.
1. The Battle of Red Mountain
2. The Middle Dawn
3. The Tiber Wars
4. The Warp in the West

To this day I'm amazed that monkeyfags actually managed to spank the dragon without the Nope Grendizer.
>>
>>55008257
I'm not really a lore buff, but from how I see it from the games it's that the world at large may be too magical for many people to put enough faith and effort into developing new tech. A lot of it just seems to be adapted dwemer tech to begin with, and those ritual suicided themselves out of reality so they're not inventing new things either.
>>
>>55009706
Careful how you speak of the Selective. They're listening. Ears everywhere.

They're after me. They'll come after you too if you don't shut your trap.
>>
>>55008257
I'd say about mid Renaissance-level technology. There are cannons, steam tech, printing presses, steel furnaces. Plus magic, so that probably puts a dent in technological advancement. Don't need to focus on making trains and planes when a mage or two can move an entire army in a day.
>>
>>55010483

Wait, there's cannons?
I mean, is that from Redguard?
>>
>>55010649
Yep
>>
>>55010649
Canons are totally cannon.
>>
>>55010483
Steam tech is pretty much limited to Dwemer who were about early 20th century with their tech utilizing electricity, steam power, airguns (dart firing centurions), vacuum tubes, early forms of radios (coherers in Morrowind), explosives etc. They also had plenty of magitech like robots, Tonal Architecture (manipulation of reality itself), data storage devices and scanners for reading elder scrolls.

Another special case is Sotha Sil which is full cyberpunk with things like cybernetics, electronic circuits and computers combined with magitech.

Note that this is not comprehensive list of special technology seen in games and lore wise there's deeper explanations (Clockwork City being part of the machine built by Magnus to maintain/create Mundus etc.) for Sotha Sil's advanced tech, but I let you figure those out since it's a long story.
>>
>>55013115
Did the Dwemer never touch cybernetics? I need to know for DMing reasons. Had a character who was obsessed with Dwemer tech and started jamming pistons into himself. Just wondering if there's any precedent.
>>
>>54944190
that pic is kinda sad. Main characters from all 5 installments are there, but #4 cant join them because he became the new sheogorath. He can only watch from afar and hazily remember his time of glory, now that the madness has overtaken him.
>>
File: Yagrum_Bagarn.png (740KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Yagrum_Bagarn.png
740KB, 600x1000px
>>55013500
There is our boi Yagrum, though it is debatable whether those spider legs are implants or just a fancy chair.
>>
>>54959327
Temple acolyte. Fairly safe, have some ability to protect yourself with spells. Heal the sick, worship the tribunal, etc.
Hlaalu retainer is next bet. Best architecture next to velothi, and can work up the ranks and get a keep eventually.
>>
>>55009706
There'll be a new dragon break with the civil war in skyrim. How they do it is gonna be questionable, but there will be one.
>>
>>55013573
they move. go attack him and find out.
>>
>>55013706
What I meant to say is maybe it's more of a "mech" than proper implants
>>
File: 1466237321545.jpg (83KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1466237321545.jpg
83KB, 768x1024px
>>55013643
Hlaalu are nothing but s'wits and n'wahs.
>>
>>55013500
Nope, but they would have been certainly capable of that. They would seem to have favored uploading their souls into automatons instead of cybernetics though. Kinda like they did with Numidium, but on a smaller personal scale. We have never seen miniature Numidiums in the games though, but dialogue by Baladas implies they did that.
>>
>>55013739
I'm pretty sure it is because there's nothing to suggest Yagrum is actually linked into the chair.
>>
>>55013573
Fuggit, I'll have him be a dwemiboo and hash out the cybernetics himself.
>>
>Wednesday morning
>Thread still up

So Elsweyr is basically Egypt, right?
>>
>>55016510
Not quite, out of the badlands a lot of Elsweyr is rocky terrain or dense jungle
>>
>>55013756
Redoran pls go
>>
>>55016510
More like India.
>>
>>55021308
But it's big parts desolate badlads a la Egypt and smaller parts fertile, dense, green wilderness a la Egypt
>>
>>55009152
Well, first of all, the most obvious question is what happens to the souls? When a soul filters through the Dreamsleeve it's washed of all old thoughts and memories then reincarnated. The Hist collectively form a sort of miniturized version of this, however they retain the memories of the souls that filter through them instead of discarding them. ESO effectivly depicted it as basically being some form of organic server, one point even having the Vestige serve as essentially a defragger by communing with an avatar of the Hist. The question lies in if an individual argonian can ever be truly considered "dead" given that for all intents and purposes it appears that their identity and memories are being stored indefinitely within the Hist? If not, then how else would we describe the sum of a sapient beings thoughts and identity, even in a state of stasis, as other than alive? If so, then how could a being persist without it's soul in tact? Granted, the Soul Shriven are capable of some degree of intelligent thought, but that's a compleatly difference process than what occurs within the Hist.
>>
>>55007805
This map is not canon, it's Kirkbride fanfiction he made because he wanted Septim empire to be bigger than mongols.
>>
>>55023942
It was given the okay by multiple active developers (Kurt?).
>>
>>55024161
That doesn't make it canon though, it's out of game stuff. The only semi-canon references to size of Tamriel is from player manuals.
>>
>>55024492
You know what it does make it? Relevant. You know what else isn't "in-game"? The Pocket Guides. If you care more about a copyright than the author, I don't know what to say to you.

>The people who created the setting don't know how big it is
>>
>>55025180
I don't care about copyright, i care about what's in the finished games. The authors may have many different often conflicting ideas, and not all of them are going to be realized. Since there is no reference to size of the continent in the games the goal of the authors is probably to leave it vague and up to interpritation.
>>
>>55025704
Except for when the authors say how big it is, or give it the okay, as we have seen here. The games are not and never have been the end all be all of Tamriel. If new information comes out which contradicts it, then that's a different story. If your point is "I assume it's intentionally vague" then you don't have one. Besides, why would you ever care about what Bethesda thinks?
>>
>>55025704
But if the content is dev approved, such as that map, then why not take it as canon? It's literally being described as an accurate piece of media. If we go exclusively on the content that appears in-game and is directly stated with no implication or inferring involved, well more than half of the stuff we say and discuss in this general could be written off as fanfiction.
>>
>>55025704
So the population of Morthal is 18 people?
>>
>>55026949
Yes. And the Imperial City is one street and some boxes.
>>
File: MLM.png (34KB, 715x760px) Image search: [Google]
MLM.png
34KB, 715x760px
>>55004700
Wonder who's behind this post?
>>
>>55027834
>defending nords
>ever

You realize that Stormcloak was goaded into destroying his own culture by the Thalmore, yes? They're all too stupid to realize that shattering the sanctity of the Thuum and the office of High King are terrible things to do. YET Ulfric did not hesitate to do both of those fucking things at once, AND HE DIDN'T EVEN WIN IMMEDIATELY.
>>
>>55027963
Consider the following:
>The office of High King is traditionally decided by a Moot, but the Empire had been intentionally putting power and influence behind Solitude for decades
>Challenges of honor are normal in Nord culture, rank does not change that
>The Thu'um is only sacred to followers of The Way of the Voice, which Ulfric isn't. Kyne isn't even his patron Divine.
>>
>>55013115
I'm seeing people mention electricity, any proof on that?
>>
>>55028061
>The Thu'um is only sacred to followers of The Way of the Voice

The Thu'um is sacred to everyone in Skyrim. It is part of the Nord's cultural heritage and the Greybeards are its keepers. Second, in order to be taught the Thu'um by the Greybeards (which Ulfric was), you need to swear an oath never to use the Thu'um violently. An oath Ulfric was explicitly stated to have taken. He stood before the wise men who guard his culture and swore a sacred oath on his nordic honor.

>Challenges of honor are normal in Nord culture, rank does not change that

Yes. It's stated that the High King can be challenged at any time to honorable combat by any Thane. However, the rub here is when you realize that Ulfric didn't have the support required to be elected High King by a moot. Not only did he need to kill the current High King, he also needed the showing to convince people to side with him. The vote has been deadlocked 4:4. That other Thanes did not see Ulfric's blasphemous use of the Thu'um as something that should disqualify him from becoming High King truly goes to show how easily influenced the Nords are.
>>
>>55002982
>Nords In Late 2E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmTulTfjIh0
>Nords in 4E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvLDLusWXBI
>>
>>55028208
The concept of the Thu'um is sacred. The whole "only use the voice in dire need" is part of the philosophy developed by Jurgen Windcaller. There's no moral imperative for him to refrain from using the Voice in single combat. His behavior isn't blasphemous to followers of the modern post-Alessia pantheon, only to those that subscribe to the beliefs of the Greybeards.
>>
>>55013643
>Best architecture next to velothi
Hlaalu architecture is shit-tier. Here are the official power rankings:
1. Indoril
2. Velothi
3. Redoran
4. Telvanni
5. Hlaalu
>>
we gotta skip this weekend desu
but do me a favor and try to make the next thread on a friday morning instead of at 11 PM, I'm looking at my fellow euros here, don't wait till a burger does it
>>
>>55003075
I was gonna post something about going soft and weird through lack of proper challenges and goals, but this is a way better explanation.
>>
>>55025980
>more than half of the stuff we say and discuss in this general could be written off as fanfiction.
That's probably his end goal desu, to just dismiss the thread because "fuck you it's fanfiction"
>>
>>55028162
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Tribunal:Quest_Items#Powered_Dwemer_Coherer
I'm pretty sure the implication here is electric powered for the machine.
>>
>>55028061
I'm fairly sure that Ulfric could be considered a follower of the way of the voice seeing as he knows the thu'um from making a pilgrimage to high hrothgard and training under the greybeards. Also all of Skyrim and it people respect the greybeards and hold them in high regards, so I think going against their doctrine and using the thu'um as a weapon would also be seen as at the very least taboo if not sacrilege.
>>
>>55029532
Coherer is a radio device, but there Weather Witch machine there has what looks like Tesla coils. There are also steam turbine looking generators in Dwemer ruins (called dynamo in CS) and conventional lightbulbs which make electrical buzzing sound.
>>
>>55029031
Dunmer architecture in general is crap.
>>
>>55032964
>>55029532
I don't really have a problem with it as long as it's just steam, magic, and metal. I still don't believe there's computers or circuit boards or anything like that. If that's your coda, fine, but it's not canon, and I just like it that way.
>>
>>55034206
If that's your logic, then we don't actually know if it's real metal or a metal alloy or some special tonal architecture shit, only magic is maybe soulgems but that's only the automatrons, and steam is only piping power for who knows what.
Shit, we have zero idea what the hell the rest of the ruins are, walls could be literally anything as far as we know. "Canon" doesn't tell us anything.
>>
>>55032156
Except it's explicitly stated that he left the monastery and abandoned the Greybeard's teachings
>>
>>55033136
objectively wrong
>>
>>55034206
Sotha Sil in Morrowind has computer looking control console and walls of that place are actually pictures of circuit boards. It's pretty much canon.
>>
>>55036337
Don't forget about all the tech shit in Battlespire.
>>
>>55023833
So the Hist is basically that tree from Avatar but you can't jack in whenever you want?
>>
>>55036461
Kind of. The you can't jack in the hist, Hist jacks in you.
>>
>>55036476
in soviet argonia...
>>
>>55038323
Isn't that just Valenwood?
>>
>>55028805
The fact remains that he broke an oath on his honor. That no one else on his side seems to care shows just how much honor the nord purists have.
>>
>>55039329
Except he broke his oath to the Greybeards well before the events of Skyrim when he left to fight in the Great War. And from the perspective of the thanes backing him, his actions are honerable because he's acting to restore the public worship of Talos and break Solitude's political stranglehold on the province.
>>
File: Godseption.png (174KB, 1222x598px) Image search: [Google]
Godseption.png
174KB, 1222x598px
>>55002264
>>55002395
>>55005005
I asked the question, I was just reading some people talking bout the lore of elder scrolls.
Like they made shitty diagrams summing up primordial forces and such and things like the towers.
>>
>>55036375
What kind of stuff was there?
>>
File: tsobs_part01image02.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tsobs_part01image02.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>55039938
Industrial consoles and the like.
>>
>>55034206
I honestly think that Tribunal introducing sci-fi tech out of blue was brilliant. It really made Sotha Sil unique and interesting. I expected Sotha Sil would be just your average clockpunk, but we got circuits and cybernetics instead. It was real wtf moment when those fabricants swarmed into city and looked like straight outta Doom or some other sci-fi game with cybernetic enemies.
>>
>>55040003
>>55041175
Sotha Sil aint your generic dude thank god, i don't think anyone else has his tech.

Ps. Mainland Morrowind game when?
>>
>>55042599
>i don't think anyone else has his tech.
He's unique. Even the Reman Era stuff lies more on the crystals and sigils side of magitek, while his shit is straight up sci-fi, with guns, lasers, and rockets and all that.
Part of that has to do with the fact that artificers in TES are really rare, more people become enchanters or just study dwemer shit rather than try to make their own machinery.
>>
>>55042779
Why do so many mages hate doing science shit then?
>>
>>55042835
Science in ES is pretty much just repurposing Dwemer tech.The closest thing you have to researchers are those who study Dwemer and accidentally find out how to make something.
>>
>>55042958
That's not science, since dwemer tech is the furthest from science you can get. And Sotha Sil is, very specifically, NOT following dwemer stuff.
>>
>>55042835
You could definitely argue that magic could be studied scientifically.
>>
>>55042835
>mages hate doing science shit
What.
>>
>>55042835
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Itermerel%27s_Notes
Read this and tell me it ain't science.
>>
>>55043189
>>55043214
Referring more to technology, like Sotha Sil's stuff.
>>
>>55043408
No infrastructure to support it then I guess.
>>
>>55042835
Where did you hear that crap? Magic is science in TES. Should be pretty obvious as it's taught in universities and colleges.
>>
>>55043408
It's tough.
>>
>>55043408
It's because TES games are set in technological dark ages where science has stagnated due to societal strife. People used to more advanced in the first era and probably will in future.
>>
>>55043054
I'd argue some of Dwemer tech has conventional base like those lightbulbs and steam power in general. Those are boosted by Tonal Architecture too since they run forever, but it seems to have base on natural physics rather than reality manipulation.
>>
>>55039938
Filing cabinets.
>>
File: 1474664839853.jpg (416KB, 617x692px) Image search: [Google]
1474664839853.jpg
416KB, 617x692px
>In over three thousand years of history nobody ever bothered building any kind of infrastructure like basic plumbing or electricity (or a magical equivalent).
>They barely even have fucking paved roads.
>Everyone lives in cold wooden/mud houses or glorified caves lighten with torches, shit in the woods, and subsist on a diet of salted beef jerky and stew.
>Technology has devolved so much since the First Era that people have forgotten how to make crossbows or spears.
>>
>>55044411
The last time they tried infrastructure they got screaming trains. They're a bit wary of stuff like that now.
>>
>>55039329
Greybeards teachings are stupid anyway. Dragon language should be used for it's inteded purpose, not be kept hidden on a mountain.
>>
>>55045788
The dragon language is meant to be used by dragons only and it was only taught to the Nords so that they would not all be killed, not so that they could massacre other people like they did.
>>
>>55044587
Wouldn't be a problem if they didn't forget the Netch Jelly every time.
>>
>>55045973
The netch jelly forgetfulness is independent of the screaming. No amount of netch jelly will stop it.
>>
THE CURSED LEGION
Redpill me.
>>
I just thought of something. What if Snow Elves took over Atmora after being driven out of Skyrim.

Gelebor says there are probably pockets of Snow Elf civilization all over Nirn, possibly including Atmora. What if after the Nords lost contact with Atmora and once the human population there seriously dwindled, Snow Elves migrated there and took the continent back for themselves.
>>
>>55044587
>argonians used giant worms trains for a long time
>other races can't even tame their trains
Pitiful.
>>
>>55044411
>Technology has devolved so much since the First Era
Where exactly are you getting this from?
Technology in the First era was in no way better. I mean shit, according to certain texts, people hadn't even figured out fucking heavy armor until some point past the fifth century.
>>
>>55047286
Who were the Dwemer? Who was Reman? Don't forget Altmer either who still retained some Aldmer technology. Just because majority of Tamriel was dumb barbarians doesn't mean that more advanced cultures didn't exist. Compare to fourth era Tamriel where everyone is dumb barbarians and even Altmer seen to have degenerated.
>>
>>55047000
Worms aren't real trains.
>>
What would you do if you could change anything in TES?
>>
>>55049297
Give the series to a competent developer
>>
>>55049487
Actually curious, how much did the team change between each game?
>>
>>55049297
I'd like if it could have fun combat, no paid mods, and the people making it were willing to include even half of the weird shit that's featured in the lore but not the games themselves.
So basically this >>55049487
>>
>>54951844
This always looks like Felicia Day to me, and so it's completely ruined.
>>
>>55045819
This is like saying the english language is meant to be used by the english only.
>>
File: Behold, the Railroad Worm.jpg (655KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Behold, the Railroad Worm.jpg
655KB, 1024x683px
>>55049165
Says you.
>>
>>55051853
Yes says me. I'm an expert on trains, so I should know.
>>
File: Argonian metro line.jpg (174KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Argonian metro line.jpg
174KB, 500x375px
>>55052548
Fight me, you sinister subway seducing sycophant. Worms can be trains if they want to.
>>
>>55052739
And I'm saying they can't. Argonians aren't even capable of basic Siderodromancy, let alone a whole train line.
>>
>>55052751
Siderodmancy? To speak of such things is heresy! The unnatural magics of the Dark Wizard Trevithick have no place in Black Marsh. The only correct form of rapid transit is to use giant semi-sentient worm monsters and build towns over their breeding pits, as nature intended.

When you get down to it, this is basically just a wizard vs. druid situation.
>>
>>55052804
Yeah, and as always druids suck.
>>
>>55052827
At least druids can get the suck.
>>
>>55052839
That's what factorum waifus are for.
>>
>>55052868
Lewd constructs are cheating and you know it. Same goes to making clone children just so you can molest them and using a dead god's organs to superimpose yourself on The Dream.
>>
>>55052901
To be fair, Fyr also fucked Telvanni undergrads in canon.
>>
File: 1502518924508.jpg (519KB, 2484x2484px) Image search: [Google]
1502518924508.jpg
519KB, 2484x2484px
Ended up starting a new campaign of TES 5e with some friends. My god, it felt so much better to GM in a universe I'm familiar with. I'm sure I'll get used to forgotten realms eventually but man.
>>
>>55052908
I guess when you start chilling with Demi-Princes and Tribunes your morals are the first thing to go.
>>
>>55052936
Hey, they're legal.
>>
>>55052944
So is licking the Hist. That doesn't make it right.
>>
>>55052953
Licking the hist is illegal on other planes.
>>
>>55052974
On shitty planes.
>>
>>55053019
Any plane that is against the Hist is a good plane.
>>
File: 1464960604054.jpg (15KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1464960604054.jpg
15KB, 500x333px
>>55053019
>>55052974
>Arguing about the second worst race
>>
>>55053030
>this is what Jills actually believe

>>55053032
I will fight you with lasers made of tree algebra .
>>
>>55053032
what's the first?
it's khajiit right
>>
>>55053032
There's really nothing worse than a lizard.
>>
>>55053067
What's wrong with a lizard?
>>
>>55053077
It's a lizard, that's what wrong with it.
>hurr durr sap
>hurr durr eggs
>hurr durr worms
>hurr durr we have a city that's called Zit-zat

Pathetic.
>>
>>55053087
Triggered.
>>
>>55053100
>imps
>clearly a morrowind argonian and thus no imps are present
>>
File: pathetic.jpg (175KB, 818x503px) Image search: [Google]
pathetic.jpg
175KB, 818x503px
>>55053077
>OUR TREES SHOOT MATH YOU'RE DONE FOR!!!
>WE WUZ DAEDRA INVADERS
>SINGLEHANDEDLY KILLED THE DUNMER WITHOUT DIVINE INTERVENTION!!
>stop slaving me plz
>>
>>55053104
That's the problem. Morrolizards have never seen imps. Tis' confusion.

>>55053108
You forget "best gods".
>>
>>55053122
>worship literal trees
>worship literally nothing
real nice """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Gods"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" you got there
>>
>>55053131
Hey, at least nothing will never disappoint you.
>>
File: sithis worshipers.png (197KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
sithis worshipers.png
197KB, 500x276px
>>55053135
>>
>>55053131
>best trees excrete magic drugs, shoot lasers, and save your memories forever
>shitty imperial gods only intervene when they have to, want shrines and chapels build in their honor, and throw your soul in Aetherius
>>
>>55053150
>trees excrete cheap thrills, only shoot lasers when you're not looking, and save your memories so they can laugh at them and then throw them out
>imperial gods reward skills that're actually useful
>>
>>55053172
>reward you by making you do more work and only if they like you
>stop rewarding you if you don't want to do more work or they think you're a mean poopie doo-doo head
Getting flashbacks to Knights of the Nine which took an ungodly amount of time because it made me go back and do a pilgramage every time I tried to get through a Brotherhood quest
>>
>>55053207
>not enjoying your work as a reward
seems like somebody's a bit of an ingrate
classic quality of the Argonian or the much worse kitty-"people"
>>
>>55053225
>forced labor is a reward
Mer pls go and stay go.
>>
>>55053236
>>reward you by making you do more work
>>stop rewarding you if you don't want to do more work
doesn't seem very forced to me, beastie
>>
>>55053245
>i'll take your reward away unless you keep doing more work for me until I get bored
Forced might be the wrong word. "Extortionate" maybe.
>>
>>55053264
>Argonians expect everything to be handed to them because the trees give them happy feels with their tree sauce
lizards were a mistake
>>
>>55053276
>Imperial Cult """""faithful"""" mad because his gods are running a racket
Humans were a mistake.
>>
>>55053291
>call me Mer
>call me Man
guess the trees jumbled up your memories this incarnation
>>
>>55053312
Mer can be IC worshipers too. Not everyone worships murderers and their buddies or the guy that skipped out on creation half way through and a bunch of dead wizards.
>>
File: sithis schmithis.png (437KB, 593x599px) Image search: [Google]
sithis schmithis.png
437KB, 593x599px
>>55053333
>>not everyone worships murderers
funny you say that
>>
>>55053352
>The Dark Brotherhood's religious views are exactly the same as the Argonains
I bet you also think Orkey is 1:1 the same as Arkay
>>
>>55053372
>Shadowscales
>argonians born into murder because Sithis said so
>>
>>55053383
A sacred duty determined by divine will. No murder here, just the will of the Hist.
>>
>>55053391
>Argonians defend murder because the tree sauce told them it was okay
how's it feel to suffer schizophrenia on a racial scale thanks to your tree "hivemind"
>>
>>55053404
It's clear that the argonain view of Sithis is distinct from that of the other races. Hell, they have little gem amulets supposed to represent the eyes of Sithis that they keep as good luck charms
>>
>>55053049
Yes

But I mean actually, technically,if you want to say that the argonians are in fact the worst race, even worse than the khajiit, I will definitely respect your opinion. They're pretty much tied at shittyness, but due to entirely different reasons.
>>
>>55053412
>"I can murder this guy, my pet tree told me it was okay!"
>"what no you can't"
>guards are called to the scene
>"why isn't my pretty shiny working"
not only schizo but also stupid, dumb lizards
>>
>>55053430
>implying Shadowscales would go around announcing plans to murder someone to the guards
This isn't Morrowind. Assassin guilds are allowed to be, you know, actually competent and not rely on everyone in the city walking away and ignoring them.
>>
>>55053444
>people not seeing it happen suddenly makes it okay
you beasties are all the same, just replace "murder" with "theft" and you've got a cold-blooded and fur-less khajiit
>>
>>55053452
>it's okay when the Tong does it because they have a paper
>It's okay when the Vigilant does it because muh Stendarr
>It's okay when the nords do it because muh honor
>it's okay when the Legion does it because muh rank
>it's okay when reachmen do it because muh oppression
>it's not okay when Argonians do it
>>
>>55053472
>implying I ever said they were right in doing that
this is an argument in the Argonian mind
>>
>>55053480
Just saying, everyone else is doing it, why is it bad for a lizard wizard to go bump off some nerd when a god has literally given him a license to kill?
>>
>>55053488
>it's okay because everybody else is doing it
bandwagon
>>
>>55053492
>it's not okay even if everyone else is doing it
Contrarian.
>>
>>55053503
>it's okay to kill people because other people do it
I almost forgot that your """""Gods""""" don't teach any morals
>>
>>55053510
Actually they do. There's an ESO quest dedicated exclusively to experiencing several argonian folk tales.
>>
>>55053524
>ESO
dropped
>>
>>55053530
It's canon and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>55053536
uhuh i'd bet buddy
>>
>>55053540
Has anyone official ever actually said anything about it not being canon? I think even Birdkiker gave it approval.
>>
>>55053546
even if it were canon,
>Argonian morals exclude murder because happy sappy god says it's A-OK to kill warm-bloods
>>
>>55053555
Exclude specific instances of murder.
>>
>>55053546
They're canon, they just don't affect development of the main games. ZOS and BGS share developers and people from time-to-time now.
However prior to Craglorn's release they didn't have an official team that checked lore and made sure things jived. Which is why launch content is generally bad and why stuff after that tends to be pretty swell.
>>
>>55053560
>still thinking murder is a right thing to do
>>
>>55053571
If a talking space tree says "go stab that guy" you don't stand around debating moral relativism with ti Anon.
>>
>>55053562
Are evil chairs canon
>>
>>55053585
you're right, if that happens I go to a therapist
>>
>>55053588
The canon Clockwork City is able to create ANYTHING in robotic form. So yes. The guy has a giant killer roomba, you don't think he'd make evil chairs?
>>
>>55053593
I mean yeah, if you're not a bad enough dude to become a tree assassin.
>>
>>55053606
>wanting to become known as a treehugger in public
that's past being an immoral killer, that's just wanting to look like an idiot you schizo
>>
>>55053615
Sorry, can't hear you. Busy drinking the blood of my god which is also LSD
>>
File: ;).gif (1MB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
;).gif
1MB, 400x500px
>>55053628
>shining example of Argonians are drug-addled retards who worship nothing
>"LA LA LA LA"
>>
>>55053638
Cry more useless human/whiny elf/furbait/literally a snail
>>
>>55053651
ran out of possible arguments I see, lizard
not unexpected considering there's no way to defend being a furry
>>
>>55053598
ANYTHING in robotic form?
>>
File: comic.jpg (175KB, 802x1139px) Image search: [Google]
comic.jpg
175KB, 802x1139px
>>55053675
Anything. During the fight with his AI it scans and makes clockwork clones of any player fighting it. And I fucking hate them. Motherfuckers have all my moves.
>>
File: zone chat was a mistake.jpg (11KB, 275x88px) Image search: [Google]
zone chat was a mistake.jpg
11KB, 275x88px
>>55053659
>lol ur a furfag
Now that's a special kind of desperate.
>>
>>55053689
>acting like it's not true
least interesting lore next to the bretons, except instead of being just nothing you've got the LOLSORANDUM tree math warriors who smoke teh w33dz and kill peoplez.......
>>
File: 1499702192200.jpg (17KB, 260x273px) Image search: [Google]
1499702192200.jpg
17KB, 260x273px
>You've just bought TES VI
>Pretty hyped, only watched the trailer(s) before
>Start the game
>The black fades to reveal your character struggling against his chains
>It's a he, and he mutters something about what a pickle he's in
>The cinematic zooms out from your view and moves to show an orc, warcraft style, covered in bones, skulls, and blood.
>"hehe puny nord im going to eat you"
>suddenly the entire building shakes before partially collapsing
>stormcloaks storm it, untie you
>"hail brothr, just in time eh? hehe"
>brought outside
>the orc camp is on some kind of ledge/fjord overlooking le ebin pine forest of inland skyrim
>"Welcome back to Skyrim.. 2"

>The screen fades to black again, and the game title fades in

>TODD HOWARDS
>SKYRIM 2
>AN ELDER SCROLLS ADVENTURE
>>
>>55053684
But does it fuck your wife?
>>
>>55053699
>smoke teh w33dz and kill peoplez
That's khajiit. Besides, Bretons are decent. Wyrds, haunted castles, elf eugenics, corrupt merchant lords, what's not to love?
>>
File: underknyg.png (590KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
underknyg.png
590KB, 600x800px
>>55053718
>Bretons are decent
they're my favorite race
>>
>>55053729
Respectable taste.
>>
>>55053708
A robot clone of her. Clockwork City is coming out Q4 so that's gonna be fun.
>>
File: woodborne.png (20KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
woodborne.png
20KB, 180x180px
see you tomorrow or saturday /tgesg/, don't let the woodbugs bite
>>
>>55053768
How bad does it look?
>>
File: 1490813643083.jpg (29KB, 480x411px) Image search: [Google]
1490813643083.jpg
29KB, 480x411px
>>55053776
>only on page seven
We're gonna keep this going for a few hours more.
>>
>>55053787
yeah but I'm sleepy and it'll probably be dead when I wake up
>>
File: sotha sil and his facefriend.jpg (115KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
sotha sil and his facefriend.jpg
115KB, 600x500px
>>55053782
Leaked content so far has been great. The whole place is super mechanical, oil lakes and oceans, trees made of bronze, clockwork sky, fabricants, that sort of thing. Basically what you'd expect.
We don't know dick about Sotha Sil though. He hasn't even been teased, just statues of him. The only real hint we got is that he's kind of a snarker like in 2920.
>>
>>55053797
Yeah alright understandable
>>
>tfw we used to go through two of these threads a day
>three on weekends
>down to one and only at the end of the week
>it lasts so long it's already time to make a new one once it finally 404s
>>
>>55053887
>muh golden age
>>
>Trainfag shills ESO again
And here I thought we could go a thread without it.
>>
400th post for SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS
>>
>>55054103
Hey, be fair Anon. Me and at least one other guy were shilling for it too.
>>
>>55054071
I just miss getting to sperg out about lore stuff man. TES is like the only setting I can still get invested in anymore.
>>
Last post for barbed dicks.
>>
File: ToddBullies.png (702KB, 820x887px) Image search: [Google]
ToddBullies.png
702KB, 820x887px
Actual last post for Todd Howard
>>
File: Antronach_Forge_Better.jpg (571KB, 1920x975px) Image search: [Google]
Antronach_Forge_Better.jpg
571KB, 1920x975px
Most last post for Sorcery.
>>
dont make a thread till next weekend ok?
>>
>>55055211
Why?
>>
>>55055211
next weekend is in 12 hours
>>
>>55055219
>>55055220
>>
File: 1458762061486.png (554KB, 973x821px) Image search: [Google]
1458762061486.png
554KB, 973x821px
Ending! Words! ALMSIVI!
>>
>>55055320
Vehk sucks spear.
>>
>>55055320
I've been waiting for the CHIMka.
>>
M U A T R A
>>
B A R B S
A
R
B
S
>>
COCKS!

BIG BLACK REDGUARD COCKS
>>
TINY ELF PEEN
>>
SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS
>>
TALOS IS NOT A GOD

NORDS ARE DUMBASSES FOR BELIEVING HE IS

ALSO FUCK THE TRIBUNAL
Thread posts: 419
Thread images: 74

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.