[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternate Uses for Dice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1484440542932.jpg (67KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484440542932.jpg
67KB, 500x500px
>>
Eating them, obviously, but what else?
>>
Show me your best tips and tricks

>Spindown counters for Mana/Power/Magic Points
>putting dice next to miniatures of flying creatures to keep track of Altitude
>Countdown for timed abilities
>d8s for determining random directions, with 1 being N and 8 being NW.
>>
Cram em up ya ass
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>54943802
Dice are for
>rock and/or rolling
>building pyramids
>standing on
>cursing
>making religions out of
>TPKing
>tabling (giving and receiving)
>loosing
>building towers
>throwing into dice fields
>throwing at walls in rage
>forgiving for past mistakes
>asking out on dates
>criting
>crit failing
>waifuing
>>
I use d6s instead of miniatures, with different colors for different enemy types, and rotated to different numbers for enemies within a type.
>>
>>54943802
Projectile weapons.
Caltrops.
Cat-distractions.
>>
>>54943802
>drop tiny dice from a SHORT distance onto the tabletop to represent tumbling objects or chaotic areas of effect
>create small destructible terrain obstacles with lots of mini d6s
>spinning
>>
>>54943802
my cat loves to play with dice in an otherwise empty bathtub, is that the sort of thing you're looking for?
>>
Gifting to new players as a nice "welcome to the hobby" type thing so they don't ask to borrow any
>>
>>54944078
That's what those pound of dice bags are for. $20 and you've got souvenirs for at least 10 people.
>>
>>54943802
In large-scale battles I used them as spin-down counters for conflicts between two units. Whenever a group of them meet each side gets one die per unit (each represented by a die), along with an extra for counter-pairings (spearmen against cav, for example). Then both sides roll off, and the number that one side gets beaten by is spun down from the units in the clash in turn.
>>
>>54943886
You think you're better than me? You handle my ass-dice every weekend. Your daughter plays monopoly! With my ass-dice!
>>
>>54943802
Monster tokens
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>
>>54944039
>>spinning
You are the cancer, anon
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.