[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Salvaging ideas from Magical Realms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Weak One.png (2MB, 1836x3082px) Image search: [Google]
Weak One.png
2MB, 1836x3082px
So, Anons, we all have one (Don't lie I know you do)

But now let's try taking these ideas and, for a lack of better term, "Unmagic realm" them - maybe some of these concepts can be made into something being used in a normal game?

So whatever it is - a race of monsters, a group of creatures, a place or a god - let's take a look at them and see what we can make from it.
>>
What the fuck is wrong with you.
How are you so imaginatively bankrupt that you need to mine your fetishes for game ideas.

You're the kind of guy who gives roleplayers a bad name.
>>
>>54942352
That is the ironic part - I don't but most old religions were based on fetishes, so such threads are great for realistic gods for tribal cultures
>>
um... maybe don't sexualize things inappropriately in your games? like, you know how most people (hopefully) don't whip it out and start fapping as soon as the barmaid comes along? apply that same restraint to whatever else you are attracted to.
>>
>>54942249
Well, the tricky part is that fetishes often concern things that are socially unacceptable. If you have a very innocuous preference, like "girls with glasses," well, okay, nobody's going to mind if you throw in the odd four-eyed NPC. If you have a lactation fetish, on the other hand, you're out of luck; there's no way to mine anything out of that, because mentioning lactation at all is enough to make people uncomfortable.

It can be fun to go the other way around and construct a private setting for yourself, if you're into overly elaborate sexual fantasies. I confess that I've done that a little bit, partially because I have a very obscure fetish for which a lot of art and such is on par with "furry version of a Naruto character voring my Sonic OC," but it evolved into a sort of horror setting which is too obscene to be used but also isn't that attractive to me. Anyway, a fetish setting could conceivably something like that could be used for ERP (although I wouldn't really know), but they're also hard to mine for ideas.

The closest I've ever come deals with the mother-of-monsters archetype, which I think is kind of interesting, in contrast to the usual benign fertility gods; I like the idea of a principled mother-of-monsters goddess who is a sort of tragic figure. She'd like to be a mother but can't give birth without endangering people, so she's stuck being pregnant indefinitely. But even that is probably too fetish-y to be used in a serious game.
>>
>>54947642
What a thoroughly retarded way to bump this thread.
>>
>>54947642
That last part sounds like an actual God from some old religion. And it could be turned into something that could be used in a serious game.
>>
>>54942249
My last GM surprised us with his anal and scat fixation and tried hiding it behind a whole new spell system that involved shoving multiple runestones up your ass, and making sure you shit before doing so for the extra room.
He wanted us to go into detail. All three of us walked out in the middle of his explanation.
>>
>>54951761
Yeah, this is the shit that does not work....I feel I could make vore more likely to look normal (Granted I don't even have a fetish for it, I just find it better then shit like this)
>>
>>54942249
>we all have one
maybe- when i was twelve
>>
>>54954966
Implying you are still not of same level of maturity if you are here
>>
File: 54f635_6355893.jpg (88KB, 1200x786px) Image search: [Google]
54f635_6355893.jpg
88KB, 1200x786px
>Be /k/ autist
>My magical realm is firearms
>mfw every one of my Shadowrun and Cyberpunk 2020 games are my magical realm and nobody calls me out.
>"Nah man I'm just enthusiastic about guns and their history and customizing them and shit"
>>
>>54942249
Well, most basic of magical realms is just rampant sex. My idea of unmagicing this realm went like:

>Everyone in the kingdom is under the influence of a spell that compels them to engage in sex.
>Everyone.
>The magical energies released during sex are drawn away, feeding a the curse as well as a megaspell an evil sorcerer is brewing

Suddenly, 'people fucking all the time' becomes a lot less sexy when everyone is exhausted or even dying from a lack of sleep, being riddled with STDs, unable to spend more than a few seconds eating what little food is left, and each orgasm drains them further in more ways than one.

Oh, and even children feel the compulsion too. And animals.

And there's probably a lot of people already dead either from said exhaustion or an hero-ing and the living are fucking among the corpses.

Assuming they're not fucking the corpses.
>>
my personal magical real is bara beastmen barbarians versus sultry thicc dragon queens, so i guess just make it about ugly beastmen tribes versus the treacherous dragonborn (with no boobs)
>>
>>54955114
This sounds like a horrifyng curse - I might actually borrow it for my city filled with undead...With evil cleric who is guarding this artifact of some evil god of life...
>>
>>54955176
That sounds like a game I run right now, it's not magic realm, but yeah I do have races of monsters versus a dragon and her cult....
>>
File: Lewd PP-19.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Lewd PP-19.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>54955031
What this guy said.
Just make cool guns, OP
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.