[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does your character drink in the morning?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: 1484432906704.jpg (149KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484432906704.jpg
149KB, 500x500px
What does your character drink in the morning?
>>
File: 1410477687777.gif (9KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1410477687777.gif
9KB, 645x773px
>>54934148
It would be rather cozy to wake up early on a dark and cold winter morning with Cestree wearing a comfy sweater and drink hot cocao while playing a 1 v 1 game until all of your friends drop by later that day.

Cestree is too good for this world. How can be a literal semen demon be so much more pure than 3DPD?
>>
>neither coffee nor tea in medieval europe
>tea was actually introduced later than coffee

I don't think morning drinks were a thing, unless you count water.
>>
>>54934148
In order to face another day of alcoholism.
>>
Whiskey. He needs it to deal with the rest of the party.
>>
>>54934148
Milk or water, whatever's more easily available.
>>
>>54934148
Hot chocolate like the pussy he is
>>
>>54934148
Tears of his enemies.
>>
>>54934650
That's the easiest way to convey that your character is an alcoholic.
>>
>>54936032
He does some of his best work blitzed. At least he claims he does.
>>
>>54934148
Sam Adams. It saved his life once
>>
A simple breakfast tea is the usual.
If he's still locked in a drinking contest with a pair of oni, though, it's whatever they're drinking and will go until only one participant is left standing or his liver shuts down for the fifth time, whichever comes first.
>>
>>54934148
>werewolf: Silent Strider Ragabash
Chocolate milk, ice cold

>Scion: Child of Dionysus
Wormwood tea with lots of sugar

>L5R: Lion clan bushi
Apricot juice, mostly pulp
>>
>>54934148
no drinking(Android)

but a picked up affectation of smoking a pipe in the morning
>>
>>54934148
Nothing, NEMESIS CUNT.
>>
Semen.
>>
>>54934148
Recaf, fortified with 100% proof alcohol and a dash of sacred unguents.
Then again, he is a Magus Errant with gastric bionics...
>>
>>54934148
The dregs of last night's beer.
>>
>>54934360
You must be fun at parties
>>
File: 1459182041721.jpg (41KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1459182041721.jpg
41KB, 500x280px
>>54934360
>drinking water
look I can be /his/ too
>>
>>54939482
>not drinking water

You really think they drank nothing but ale?
>>
>>54934148
>1
Water! Gotta be ready for morning exercise!
>2
Wine or whatever spirits, liquors, or booze are available. If none are available, she's sleeping in to sleep of hangover and fatigue from the night prior, without question
>3
Tea, a customary beverage in his new homeland.
>>
A potion to help her forget her edgy past.
>>
>>54939578
Citing wells would have been enough proof of water consumption. Beyond well water and ale, there's what, milk and wine?

As for who drinks what, it would be a matter of circumstance, no? Cities would generally be the same worldwide. Something alcoholic, perhaps milk if farmers come to market, and otherwise water hopefully from something that isn't the central river or the gutter. The poor would naturally be drinking anything to avoid dehydration. I wonder if this includes urine, and I don't just mean a barkeep watering ale down with it.
Out in the country I would think wine/ale/milk more accessible. I'd have to dig, but I believe there are records of Englishmen during the 100 years war complaining about there being nothing to drink in France except "wine like horse piss." This would have been southern France most likely.
>In the Middle Ages, wine was the common drink of all social classes in the south, where grapes were cultivated. In the north and east, where few if any grapes were grown, beer and ale were the usual beverages of both commoners and nobility. Wine was exported to the northern regions, but because of its relatively high expense was seldom consumed by the lower classes
>...
>A housewife of the merchant class or a servant in a noble household would have served wine at every meal, and had a selection of reds and whites alike.
t. wikipedia

>tfw never had a GM describe wine before
>>
>>54934148
Instant coffee, with a spark of gin to rev up the body for the day
>>
>>54940058
>Beyond well water and ale, there's what, milk and wine?
Fruit. In fact there's medieval "lemonade" consisting of water, lemon juice and honey.
http://mbhp.forgottensea.org/noalcohol.html

The first two drinks mentioned are milk and water, but there are also alternatives.

>Wine was exported to northern France
Maybe this only happened after the Middle Ages, but isn't the most famous vine producing region on the planet (Champagne) only a stone's throw away from Paris and therefore rather far north?
>>
>>54940058
Drinking piss was apparently a big deal in Mongolian culture. Apparently, Genghis Khan drank his own urine, and he particularly enjoyed drinking his morning piss because it had more flavor.
>>
>>54940418
In Saudi Arabia too, because Muhammad recommended some travelers with stomach aches to drink camel urine.

It's still big business on the peninsula because of that, to the point where one piss merchant ended up in trouble for selling his own piss disguised as camel piss.

And you thought the Whizzard was bad!
>>
>>54940447
>piss merchant

How proud his parents must be.
>>
>>54934148
He's got Fire Resist 5, so boiling water right out of the pot.

Tiefling logic, am I right?
>>
>>54940881
How fat is his Tiefling cock?
>>
>>54940185
>coffee and gin
you dont really drink do you.
>>
>>54940910
Nobody knows, not enough time to check in the Zone.
>>
>>54934148
my human raised gnoll starts her day with a few big cups of strong black coffee sweetened with honey and given some extra kick with triple distilled moonshine she brews herself.. while she may be far more civilized than your average gnoll it's a good idea to let her finish her joe before bothering her with unimportant crap. you may find yourself pinned under a 350 lb honey badger until she's awake enough to deal with whatever you thought was important enough to bother her during her morning ritual. oh and i wouldn't make the badger mad, he's got a hell of a temper (and grapple check)
>>
>>54934148
He puts the lime in the coconut and drinks them both up.
>>
>>54940447
I'm calling bullshit
>>
>>54941505
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3370464/Saudi-authorities-close-shop-selling-traditional-camel-urine-drinks-discovering-owner-filling-bottles-bodily-waste.html

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Camel_Urine_and_Islam
>>
>>54941505
http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/11/bad-news-for-anyone-who-likes-to-drink-camel-urine-5240920/
>This is because of a passage in the Hadith (Muslim holy book) that exalts its virtues. ‘Some people of ‘Ukl or ‘Uraina tribe came to Medina and its climate did not suit them,’ the extract reads. ‘So the Prophet ordered them to go to the herd of (Milch) camels and to drink their milk and urine (as a medicine). ‘So they went as directed and after they became healthy…’

https://islamqa.info/en/83423
An Islamic Q&A website where the benefits of drinking camel urine are posited.

http://www.justislam.co.uk/product.php?products_id=207
A reference to the Hadith in place (though there's clear falsehood in this article. It refers to the Hadith in question as being weak, probably out of embarassment. Nevertheless the Bukhari hadith are deemed Sahih, or the highest degree of plausibility according to Islamic histiography).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3370464/Saudi-authorities-close-shop-selling-traditional-camel-urine-drinks-discovering-owner-filling-bottles-bodily-waste.html
Here's the scandal in question, where a shopkeeper sold his own urine as if it were camel urine.

And don't even get me started on how Satan farts whenever the call to prayer is sounded, or pisses in your ear to make sure you don't hear it
>>
Toasted rice tea
>>
>DnD
He's a kenku, so he memorized a recipe for a mind-clearing anti-drowsiness tea.
>Shadowrun
Sarsaparilla, he's a straightedge cowboy.
>Changeling: the Lost
He drinks smoothies made from pomegranate-like goblin fruits.
>Dark Heresy
Filtered water.
>>
File: AdmGilligan.jpg (70KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
AdmGilligan.jpg
70KB, 250x250px
>>54941413

Reminder that any answers that are not this or Absinthe are objectively incorrect. QED.

t. Oldfag
>>
>>54939578
AFAIK the ale drunk in the medieval period was so low proof that you couldn't effectively become drunk by it
even today in Russia you have kvass, made from fermented bread, which is low enough in alcohol that even children may drink it
>>
>>54941759
Good taste.
>>
>>54940185
YAMERO
>>
>>54934208
>Cestree
OP's pic is an actually character? Someone elaborate.
>>
>>54945725
She's a character from old comics about /tg/ that were posted here from time to time years ago. The comics aren't great, but the girls are cute.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Ribbon
>>
>>54934148
Rakija.
>>
Herbal/spiced tea made with whatever she can forage from the environment around her.
>>
I have a tiefling investigator who enjoys what he calls Kaf. Basically Golarian Alchemical Red Bull.
>>
File: 1478485585509.jpg (76KB, 436x436px) Image search: [Google]
1478485585509.jpg
76KB, 436x436px
>>54934148
My character has a crippling alcoholism and always takes Second watch in the night so she's up early enough to quaff half a bottle of liquor before anyone can see.

I may have an edgy playgroup.
>>
>>54934360
Milk, juice (non-fermented).
>>
>>54950747
Ha! I thought of the Captain earlier in the thread, with the pipe-smoking android.

Well done, sir.
>>
File: gunrunner.jpg (235KB, 877x620px) Image search: [Google]
gunrunner.jpg
235KB, 877x620px
My character's nanobots require a steady supply of non-organic materials to replicate themselves and keep doing their job, which is mostly maintaining his cybernetics. His remaining biological parts have been augmented with custom-cloned musculature and enhanced cellular regeneration, so he needs a lot of calories right off the bat. So the first thing he drinks is a high-protein shake enriched with silicates and tiny amounts of ferro-fluid. Then he has a cup of coffee. He's not a barbarian.
>>
THE BLOOD OF HIS ENEMIES

THE TEARS OF THEIR WOMEN

EARL GREY
>>
>>54934148
Knowing me, my characters would drink either tea or polish/natural oil
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.